15 years helping Singaporean businesses

About Checkfront

Manage your inventory online, centralize reservations, process payments and get unified access to leading distribution channels.

Learn more about Checkfront

Pros:

Can do everything you can imagine. Ideal solution for complex booking questions.

Checkfront ratings

4.2
4.6
4.1
4.4

8.3/10

Checkfront has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 313 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Checkfront before?

Online Business Director in Hungary
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

Long-time user, and a happy one.

Comments: We are a sightseeing tour operator company and we have been using Checkfront late 2018. We have explored other options thoroughly and this is still the one we like the most after several years.

Pros:

After years of use, my favorite thing about Checkfront is the helpful support team. They always provide detailed, competent and helpful answers.

Cons:

Our only real issue is that they seem to be falling behind on channel integration (especially OTA's) compared to other reservation systems. But the functionality and usability of existing features is very good.

2 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review! I agree, our Support team really is outstanding :) Additionally, thank you for your feedback on our OTA's. We know that this is something our Product team is aware of and will be looking to improve once we strengthen our foundations further.

Lucas
CIO in Argentina
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11–50 Employees

Simple Yet Robust

Pros:

There are many things that I love about Checkfront. It's online booking capability and ease of use when training employees how to use it once it is setup. With a little coding expertise you can make the booking process for clients very easy and reduces the friction toward payment, so you can concentrate on operations.

Cons:

The Guest form and Guest information are essentially useless and would be better if it was removed altogether. I have been hoping that over the last 2 years since its implementation there would have been improvements to this portion of checkfront, but it has not been improved. There are no triggers if guest have not filled out the info, nor is there anyway to use the information in dashboard or organize it using the daily manifest or send the information somewhere else to be used in another program via automation.The email suite lacks any organizational capability I have created so many that it is nearly impossible to figure out what triggers them and we run many different trips to many different locations and it creates choas when I don't know if clients are getting the correct emails about those trips. Then you get into the creation of emails, there is no way to send test emails to check your formatting. Also you cannot create html emails in the notifications editor. I have to create email templates in Mailchimp and then export them and import them into checkfront. this might be the most ridiculous thing that I can think of. There should be a way to catogorize your emails into folders, and there should be email templates that allow you to design emails in checkfront that have mobile friendly options. If there was a way to see all the triggers without having to open every email to see that would be amazing.

André
Director of Operations in Finland
Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

Overall Poor, but with Some Plus Points

Pros:

Checkfront is fairly easy to use and offers you the possibility to set it up for a multitude of product types, such as transportation, restaurant reservations and experiences. The ability for customers to pay directly on an invoice with various payment methods is neat. For a small business, Checkfront does the job.

Cons:

Reporting is poor and does not offer many customisation options. Not being able to assign a guide for an experience shows that this software lacks basic functionality. Employee scheduling in such an app is a must. It doesn't have to replace an employee scheduling software, but one should be able to directly assign an employee to an item on the schedule. The widgets on the dashboard didn't really provide relevant information for day-to-day operations. The daily summary list does not offer a great overview on the day's happenings and looks rather messy. Customer support was very average, more often than not. I never really felt that Checkfront took an interest in our business. We were planning on adding more than 10 users and were asked to pay a large sum, yearly and in advance. At this point, we decided it was time to move on.

Rebecca
Manager in US

Absolutely love Checkfront

Comments: When we first started out we took reservations in a paper book....yes you read correctly, on paper...knowing there had to be a better way I researched different software to use. Since then we have been so happy with Checkfront. The support from their team has been amazing. From setting us up to answering my everyday questions, their team is always friendly and helpful. I highly recommend them to anyone.

Pros:

We have been with check front for 7 years now and we love everything about it. It's simple to use, training new employees to use it is easy, the booking process just flows nicely so it makes sense. Customers also compliment us on how simple and straightforward it is to use. I also feel like they are there when I need them to help me out with any issues I'm having.

Cons:

I would like to use the waivers section but it didn't quite work for our set up. There's a couple of little things that would be nice to be able to do with the calendar etc. I also which the app was a bit more useful. I usually always send suggestions in when I come across something that I think would be beneficial for everyone.

2 years ago

Thank you for such kind words! We too value having a small local team, much like you, Rebecca! Please keep sending in those suggestions! We truly do appreciate them :)

Eugene
Owner in Canada
Recreational Facilities & Services, 11–50 Employees

Simple to use for our customers and has increased online sales

Comments: Great experience and great customer service. Very helpful when we need trouble shooting.

Pros:

The interface is very easy to use and straight forward for our customers. This software has definitely increased and enhanced our online booking procedures.

Cons:

The system is very robust and there is definitely a bit of a learning curve on the back end, but once you figure it out it's easier to use.

2 years ago

Hi Eugene! Thank you for your review! You are right, we are quite robust and definitely require a learning curve as you've mentioned! We have started to implement more in-app tutorials for new accounts to hopefully help with this in the future! All the best,

Online Business Director (former) in Hungary
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

Great value and functionality, excellent support

Comments: Great, would 100% recommend to any business operating some type of activity, tour, rental etc.

Pros:

Checkfront is an easy-to-use reservation system that can be customized very well to fit the needs of almost any type of activity or experience provider. It's excellent value comes from the fact that it only has a monthly fee and no extra per booking or per user etc which can literally save you thousands of Euros per year compared to other products that often have lesser or similar functionality. The support team is also worth mentioning, they are always quick and friendly and looking to provide good solutions.

Cons:

The number of OTA integrations could be higher and feature requests could be handled more quickly but other than that it's excellent.

2 years ago

Hi Mátyás! We appreciate your review and the time you took to submit it :) We are so glad that we are an easy-to-use system for you. Your feedback on OTA's and other requests will be shared with our teams. Thank you for choosing Checkfront!

Daniel
President in Canada

Great Booking Software

Comments: We run a glamping business and have been using Checkfront for 3 years and it works great. The initial set up was a bit of a slog as we have an complex booking system, but it all works well. The team at CheckFront is always very responsive and helpful - with written suggestions and video walk-throughs for set up issues.

Pros:

There is a lot of flexibility in the this product, with many features. Developed by a small Canadian company, that is very responsive to questions and feature requests. Very supportive with assistance for technical issues in my set up.

Cons:

With all the features and parameters to set up, there is lots of things that can get out of lineament. Sometimes I will spend hours trying to puzzle out why something that I have set up does not work as it should. The team at CheckFront is always great is helping me get it fixed.

Souheil
Souheil
Manager in France
Internet, 2–10 Employees

Easy software for Booking Tourist Activities / invoice

Comments: - I decided to say with checkfront, because their team is very helpful, there is a community and a forum to get inspired, to get help if you are a beginner in the tourism industry

Pros:

+ All in one place : Booking / customers / invoices + You can customize every detail of the Activity you are selling to your customers + The support team listens to your needs

Cons:

- During covid, the hibernation plan means that your website goes offline

2 years ago

Hi Souheil, We appreciate your honest review of Checkfront. I am glad to hear you are liking it. Your feedback on the Hibernation will be shared with our teams. Thank you again for choosing Checkfront!

Monique
Property Manager in Canada
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use and customize

Comments: Excellent. Easy to use and customize.

Pros:

Being able to adapt for our individual needs

Cons:

Our pricing plan is excellent with Checkfront. But I recently received notice it was going to increase significantly. This is very disappointing. If we utilized of the abilities of the program I would pay more but we use a very minimal amount as I do most work in house. The program is great though.

8 months ago

Thank you for sharing your review with us, Monique! Best, - Tasha B.

Glenn Charles
Real Estate Broker in Philippines
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Making booking as easy as 1 2 3

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Im very satisfied and will recommend it with friends and family

Pros:

As someone who makes decision on the last minute, i like to have the option to book last minute or probably make a booking in advance if we have planned everything early. Checkfront offers that and I love that. It makes booking convenient even for older people. And I love that I can use Apple pay as a mode of payment.

Cons:

So far Im enjoying using it, couldnt think of anything that I dont like.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Versatile, Cost-Effective Platform with Good Customer Support

Comments: Checkfront helped us migrate from a very inefficient reservations system (email and paper) to one that is largely automated and this has vastly improved our customer experience, saved us a lot of staff time, and given us better tools to manage and understand our business. As a small non-profit tour operator with tight margins, we are not only very happy with Checkfront's pricing structure, but also grateful that they offer a non-profit discount. In spite of a few limitations, overall we are very happy with Checkfront and have been using it for 3+ years.

Pros:

Checkfront is very affordable relative to other tour booking platforms (they charge a flat annual fee rather than a percentage of sales - which I believe is the fair way to operate), and it works great for many purposes. There are lots of options for customization, and it is easy to learn how to configure and manage the platform using Checkfront's tutorials and documentation. There are lots of helpful integrations (Stripe, PayPal, Google Analytics, etc.) that are easy to set up. Checkfront support is always very responsive and helpful.

Cons:

Checkfront is designed to work across many types of booking environments including hotels, hourly tours, daily tours, weekly tours, etc. Because these types of businesses have different needs, Checkfront balances those but, in my experience, isn't perfect for any one type of business. As a tour operator, sometimes we have needed to come up with workarounds to meet our specific needs or live with certain shortcomings. Checkfront support is always helpful, but if there is a feature that you need, the best you can do is submit a "feature request" and hope that enough other people request the same feature for development.

Judi
CEO in US

Checkfront Booking Engine

Comments: Using Check-front as my online booking engine. Great tech support. Tech Support is friendly, knowledgeable, and usually very quick to reply.

Pros:

The software is great value for the money. Best out there in my opinion. Great telephone software support during the set-up/onboarding. Ongoing support via email is extremely good, with tech support promptly replying with step-by-step detailed explanations and screen videos of how to address the issues.

Cons:

1. For vacation rental managements, this software in it's current version is very awkward & time consuming to update rates, descriptions, etc if the property falls in more than one category, such as a being 4 bedroom, ski-in/ski-out, base area location, private hot tub & pet friendly. For each category, rates need to be added for that property each time a rate change or new set of dates is added. It seems to be that there should be a main listing that communicates with each of the categories the property is listed under. In the initial set-up, an "alias" can be used, but once the property is up, new rates, fees, taxes, etc have to be added to the property in each category it is listed under. Takes way too much time to do things this way. Needs to be an option to "link" the same property throughout each category it is listed in so rate adjustments can be done with just one entry. 2. Wish they had ongoing telephone support though the email support works well 3. Wish Checkfront had calendar connections with other vacation rental sites such as VRBO, HomeAway, AirBnB, Expedia, Booking.com and so one so once a reservation is made on one site, all the other booking calendars updated at the same time.

Anne
Owner in Canada
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Easy-to-use booking software made in Canada

Pros:

The software is easy to use for clients and staff alike. As a result, we spend less time answering emails and the phone as people book themselves in. I also love that the company is based in Canada, and that the team is very responsive and the software is constantly developed. There is an affordable option if you just wanted to get started with booking software that does not break the bank.

Cons:

A few very specific things would be great to straighten out. For example, we offer 2 different overnight tours - the 2-day Seal Cove Adventure and the 3-day Cape Chignecto Adventure. We cannot run those tours parallel or overlapping - it is either one or the other -, so we set the availability to 0 by hand in the inventory the other tour every time an overnight tour gets booked. This way, however, we also have to block out the day before to ensure no overlapping tour gets booked even though in reality the date is available as the last day of a potential trip that starts earlier. It's not a huge impact, but we might loose a few bookings to this. Also, we cannot accept single bookings for tours where nobody else is booked on yet as we require a minimum of 2 guests for any tour to run. We have set the booking form (at least for the overnight tours) so that the field 'Adults' is automatically filled with the number 2. We do, however, accept single bookings if other people are booked on already, and we also would accept a pair of Adult/Child as a minimum. I wonder whether there is a way to streamline this.

President in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Checkfront = Next Level

Comments: Checkfront affords is the ability to automate so much of the reservation process that not only do we have extremely organized and fluid interaction with customer’s reservations but we can streamline so many other elements of our system such as housekeeping as well.

Pros:

Multiple configurations allow us to customize our back and front facing reservation database even though we are not a traditional hotel. Support is usually very detailed and forward thinking. If what we want can’t be accomplished, we always get good insight on workarounds and temporary solutions, that sometimes work better than what we had planned. CF constantly works to improve itself. We get monthly updates that bring new funtctions and extension platforms into the mix. It’s about 75% of the way to eliminating the rest of our internal support platforms - loyalty rewards, staff scheduling, & customizable customer profiles are the remaining topics we’d like to see incorporated into CF.

Cons:

We hold little hope that our feature requests will ever be developed. Configuration on the backend comes with a significant learning curve. One can get lost in the labyrinth of configuration options. I understand it’s necessary for all the functionality on the front end but if hotels are configuring this themselves, the labyrinth could be a little less complicated (topics re: parameters, & alias are very confusing).

Craig
Owner/Captain in US Virgin Islands

My Experience with Checkfront

Comments: I operate a charter yacht in the USVI. Checkfront is my booking calendar if record. I use it to manage availability, and as a direct booking channel. I've stayed with Checkfront for the past two years because it meets most all my needs at a reasonable price point. The addition of tipping functionality is important to me. It will likely drive my purchasing decision in the future, as I shift towards a daysailing business from a term charter operation.

Pros:

The software meets most of my expectations. I especially appreciate the flexibility I have when setting up inventory items. Perhaps more important is the quality of support you provide. Each time that I have had a need to reach out, my inquiry was handled by a knowledgeable and concerned person, who rapidly resolved my challenge and typically taught me something along the way. Thank you.

Cons:

My biggest issue with the service is that my clients don't have the option to tip while they are checking out. As a service provider, tipping is critical, especially for the crew. If the client was presented with the option to add a tip, I know that my income would increase significantly, perhaps 10%+

4 years ago

Hi Craig, thanks so much for this detailed review. It's been an absolute pleasure working with you, and we're so glad we've been able to provide the flexibility and support you need! Based on the update we've received from our support team, we're glad to let you know that you're already on the official feature request list for the 'tipping feature'. In the interim, we do have a work around for it and should you be interested in knowing more and setting it up, our support team would be more than happy to walk you through it. Once again, thanks for your feedback. We value your business with us :)

Neville
Systems Administrator in Australia
Recreational Facilities & Services, 51–200 Employees

Accommodation Management using Checkfront

Comments: Checkfront has met our every business need, so far. Yes, we have had to reach out to Checkfront support for assistance from time to time, but they have come to the party with a solution every time. Make no mistake, this is a great product.

Pros:

Flexibility to meet our business processes, automated customer communications via "Notifications" (which you can tailor to your needs), calendar functions, ability to specify requirements for the booking page and guest lists. We also like the different look and feel options for your booking page.

Cons:

If I had to make a criticism, and I mean "had to", I would say that because Checkfront is so flexible in its design features, there is a learning curve to understand how the functionality works. That is why you need good customer support, which you also get with Checkfront.

2 years ago

Hi Neville! Thank you for your review and feedback! Yes, we also agree that there is quite a learning curve with Checkfront's robustness! We will be trying to make everything easier to use with more in-app guides coming soon!

Rob
President in US
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self Employed

I have a very small business. I wanted software to handle online bookings. In no time it was done!

Comments: It handles all my bookings. It's like I have someone in an office full time.

Pros:

The most thing I like about this software is the support. Even before I became a customer, Checkfront was answering my questions. I didn't know if the software would handle the things the way I wanted. The tutorial got me started and it provide the base for me to ask intelligent questions. Checkfront answers each question quickly and usually gives me 2 to 3 step by step solutions I could use. The software interfaces seamlessly with my website and their E-Commerce handles my selected payment method flawlessly. Because my business is seasonal, I simply select hibernation mode and my monthly charges are ended until next season. I had no idea what a great fit it would be.

Cons:

The only 'Con' I have is when I search help I can't think of the right term to define what I'm looking for so, I get frustrated with the search. However, I can easily overcome that by dropping a note to Checkfront support.

Phil
Proprietor in New Zealand

Solid Booking Software

Comments: I use it on a daily basis and find it really easy to navigate.

Pros:

It is easy to use once you have everything set up. Your bookings are on automation. Booking comes in, emails and confirmations are set. Follow-up emails can be set up. Easy search functions for bookings and daily manifest sheets are clear. Nice to use.

Cons:

It doesn't always fit your specific needs, but the support is always there to help with a workaround. It takes ages to get specific items added to the updates.

2 years ago

Hi Phil! Thank you for your kind words! I am happy to hear that you have found use easy to use and helpful to your business so far! Happy Bookings!

Manager in New Zealand
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

A good foundation but could do better

Comments: Overall, we have been happy with Checkfront. There is some improvement we'd like to do on the notification and invoicing side of things so that the booking process is more informative and smooth. The guides could provide more indepth information on this topic.

Pros:

Going from paper based to cloud based has been a big help in recording all our bookings and allowing multiple users to view what bookings have been entered. We use Checkfront for our accommoation, catering, meeting rooms and equipment bookings so need a level of complexity to do this and Checkfront is up to the task. The main difference for us is that we manage the bookings in house after an enquiry is made via phone/email or our website. We do not run a live booking portal for guests to make bookings from.

Cons:

The intergration with Xero does not talk back and forth therefore, invoices that change totals after they are booked show discrepancies with the final amount. Setting new rates in advance through the item events function was recommended however, it does not suit more complex items such as rooms with multiple occupancy etc.

Andrew
Owner in UK
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

Good for managing make cottage bookings

Comments: A feature-rich booking system which works well on all devices. Loved by the owner, accountant, cleaner and, working in the background, benefits our guests too. Life has become a whole lot easier since using Checkfront.

Pros:

Check from the allows me to easily manage my bookings between my website, Booking.com, Airbnb, TripAdvisor and Home Away. Previously when a booking can in I had to manually change the calendars on every holiday website and it was a nightmare. I have configured Checkfront to link to my accountancy software (Xero) and I have also started offering customers gift cards. I'm not technically-minded and have found the technical support excellent, especially when the send me custom videos showing me what to do.

Cons:

It does virtually everything I need, but sometimes I don't find it very intuitive. It's disappointing there isn't a way of getting it to work with new Google Holiday feature. No great loss now, but I expect this will grow in customer popularity.

Kathleen
Office Manager in Canada
Recreational Facilities & Services, 2–10 Employees

Game changer for our rental business

Comments: Brilliant. Saved a ton of time. Better service for our customers b/c they can see what we offer and if we don't have it they can seek it elsewhere.

Pros:

This was the most significant change in our rentals in the 37 year history. Or at least, from my vantage point. It is much easier for the customer to see what is available. The way they interact with the software with images is excellent. I also appreciate how we could offer such a variety of kayaks, canoes and stand-up paddleboards, and a range of pricing. Super flexible. A bonus, was that even after we had taken rentals, we could make changes, and not affect the initial bookings. I have found this software to be excelent. Saving us a ton of back and forth with customers and allowing our customers to see what we have, literally because we have pictures on the site. Awesome.

Cons:

The initial learning curve is always tough. Though ultimately, the upfront growing pains have been waaay worth it. The customer services - and recordings that are sent after the session are really helpful.

2 years ago

Hi Kathleen! Wow, what an amazing review. We really appreciate your honest feedback. We are happy to hear that we have been able to provide such a useful service to you. I will be sure to pass along your feedback about getting started to team :) Thank you again for choosing Checkfront.

Graeme
Director in Türkiye

Amazing value for money

Comments: We find it hard to change due to its value for money.

Pros:

It is quite user friendly and has intuitive features.

Cons:

It feels a bit clunky and dated with some features. It badly needs to catch up with other systems in some areas such as dashboard management, photo galleries and itinerary layouts.

8 months ago

Hi Graeme, Thank you for taking the time to write a review - we appreciate the feedback. We are continuously working to improve our software, and feedback like this helps us know what to hone in on. Thank you, Jamie @ Checkfront

Jennifer
Owner in Ecuador

Great for Hotels that also offer Services

Comments: Overall, we're very happy with Checkfront. We recently looked for other solutions to see what was available on the market but we ended up sticking with Checkfront.

Pros:

What we like most about Checkfront is that it is a multi-use tool. We find that there aren't a lot of solutions out there if you offer rooms AND tours.

Cons:

It seems like they don't update it very often. The overall layout and design has been the same since 2015.

Emma
Owner in Australia
Sports, 2–10 Employees

Super easy to navigate!

Comments: I love checkfront. Customer service is great. Responses are quick. The app is user friendly and easy to use.

Pros:

I love how easy this software is to use. Setting up tours, packages, classes and hire options has been a breeze with easy shortcodes to include booking links on my website. Also love that if a class requires certain hire equipment, with each booking the hire equipment also books out - meaning I can't overbook our standard equipment hire. The app is super easy to use and love that it all syncs with my phone's calendar.

Cons:

Would like a "membership" option for those that frequent our business. I know there's a workaround but it's not really the easiest way. The upgrade to using liability waivers is a pretty big price difference! Would love a smaller pricepoint option for single option upgrades as I don't need all features on the next tier.

Checkfront review

Comments: The Checkfront platform has improved my overall customer experience and improved the workflow for my staff. We have integrated waivers, automatic notifications and the ability to take reservations when the office is closed.

Pros:

Checkfront offers the best value for money of any online reservation software I've explored. They offer great functionality for very reasonable monthly rates - and they offer prices in CAD, which is rare.

Cons:

I have virtually no complaints. As is the case with any software that isn't fully custom you will never find a perfect solution to match a unique business. I think Checkfront has done a great job of ticking enough boxes that I can workaround any challenges that they don't address directly.