Filter by:

• Overall
    4.1/5
    3.9/5
    4.8/5

About CampBrain

Cloud-based management solution that enables camps and conference centers to manage calendars, bookings, accommodations, and more.

Learn more about CampBrain

Becca A.
Divisional Children and Youth Program Coordinator
Recreational Facilities & Services, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2020

"CampBrain Review"

Comments: I LOVE CampBrain. Cannot say enough good things about it. It made life so much easier, both as an admin but also as a user. The software is easy to use, and any time I had trouble their support team made it so easy. We loved it so much that we expanded from using one portion (the regular CampBrain registration) to adding the Conference Centre portion as well. If there were other modules appropriate to our work I would add those in a heart beat too without looking at other options.

Pros: This program is INCREDIBLY easy to use and very intuitive. It is VERY flexible and you can almost always accomplish what you want with it. CampBrain's support team is also amazing, very quick to respond and no matter what I asked for help with they found a way to help me accomplish it. Setting up a program/registration is very easy, having people complete a registration is very easy, and collecting the information you need through reports is very easy. They include options to clone, or save items so that you aren't always starting from scratch again. I cannot say enough good things about CampBrain!

Cons: CampBrain is always improving, adding new features, so if there is anything they don't have currently I assume they are working to add it. Adding items to be sold as part of our registration (i.e. adding a hoodie to a child's registration) was a little bit messy on the back end but still totally doable.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2020
John I.
Dorector of Operations
Recreational Facilities & Services, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2019

"Camp Brain works for camps"

Comments: I have had a very positive working relationship with the Camp Brain software and the Camp Brain team.

Pros: The best aspect of Camp Brain is their fantastic support team. No software is perfect and no end-user is all-knowing. The ease of contacting their team with one phone call and getting help is priceless.

Cons: I have worked with Camp Brain software for 6+ years. In that time, there have been features that I needed/wanted that were not present. However, the development team at Camp Brain has worked and filled almost all the gaps I saw and others that I was not aware of. The primary element that I would like to see more development is a specific transportation module. The toll sexist to manage our transportation now, but they could be more straightforward.

• Reviewed on 16/12/2019
Director of Guest
Hospitality, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/09/2018

"Camp Brain review"

Pros: What I like most about Camp Brain is the look. I also like the ability to click on a reservation and get more details.

Cons: Camp Brain frustrates me a lot. The thing that bothers me the most is going from one month to another. There is no flow. Also, that you cannot change your week to start on Sunday like a traditional calendar. I do not like that there is not an option to make a room/meeting space clean (ready) or dirty. We have to use a google document for that. Overall the software is laggy and needs major work.

• Reviewed on 03/09/2018
Amy A.
Reservations Manager
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2017

"Excellent for Group reservations for conference center. I struggle with indiv. "camper" registration"

Comments: Keeps me organized and easily generates the reports and invoices that I need.

Pros: Note: I am on the desktop version. For group reservations, it is efficient. Easy to look up past retreats. Tech support is great. Nice features to forms. Easy customization. Creates invoices and contracts and lots of reports. I am happy with it.

Cons: For the few times I need to register individuals, the "Camper" side is frustrating. It may be that I haven't used it enough to truly learn it. And it is odd as this software is mainly designed for camps and camper registration. But I find I cannot find history on campers other than general info. Charges all appear on same invoice, even once paid, making invoices confusing for my older clientele. Some of the navigation features for moving through the pages are frustrating and not intuitive. Minor things: when I enter a payment, it would be nice to have the box to indicate "deposit received" or "paid in full" on that payment screen. I have to remember to navigate to the group's landing page and make that update. Often I forget and then I generate reports that a group hasn't paid when they have. This is the only camp software I have used, but I have few complaints of substance. I did not set up this software.

• Reviewed on 12/10/2017
Taylor J.
Asst. Program Director
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2019

"Review of CampBrain "

Comments: Campbrain keeps all of our information and calendar organized in one place. it has become the main software we run our operations off of.

Pros: It pretty much does everything which is nice to have all of the information that is needed to do anything all in one place. with that being said it is still fairly easy to navigate and operate the software even though it does so much. It has the capability to run any report you could want to have and in many different ranges.

Cons: It has the capability to send out email information to groups of contacts that are in the system, but it doesn't have the option to send that same information in a text, even though it has that information in the system.

• Reviewed on 20/12/2019
Laura W.
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2018

"CampBrain tracks important data for group reservations at our camp"

Pros: You can record a good depth of information about reservations - meals, facilities, charges, accommodations, and more. You can easily copy repeat groups from one year to the next.

Cons: We have the locally-based version which lacks some of the functionality of the cloud-based version. If contacts work with multiple organizations they do not carry over. Reservations for accommodations are by day - I wish these could be booked by the hour. Customer support is an additional fee for the local version.

• Reviewed on 15/03/2018
Shelly C.
Philanthropy Database Administrator
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/10/2018

"CampBrain"

Comments: Very very positive.

Pros: The support from the CampBrain team. I began with CampBrain when it was a desktop software and then followed with them to the cloud. We still use CB desktop for one of our programs. For our day camp we were able to customize registration down to specifics within a day. Most CAMP software was setup as week long sessions at the least, CB allowed us to set up sessions by day.

Cons: Most things we may have wished were different at some point were addressed and updated along the way.
The biggest thing is that it would be great to be able to adjust fees at a session level without affecting fees for the whole set up.
Also, in order to customize reports in the cloud, you have to learn another system. In desktop, if you learned Access you could customize.

• Reviewed on 17/10/2018
Ryan D.
Programs Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2019

"Camp Brain"

Comments: CampBrain greatly helps us with keeping our logistics organized. We use the conference center side as well as the camp side. The combination of the two works well for our needs.

Pros: - Great to keep track of calendar with multiple groups coming and going
- Can input lodging, meals, meeting spaces
- Alerts when something is double booked
- Can log communications

Cons: - Not all camps are the same and sometimes difficult to get the things/ specific reports needed

• Reviewed on 25/07/2019
Adam M.
Technology Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 06/09/2018

"Best Program Ever"

Pros: I love this program because it offers online registration and real-time registration numbers. The reports are easy to run and you can set up automatic replies.

Cons: One thing that I don't enjoy about Camp Brain is the crossover between different "programs." We use this site for various "programs" at our school. I wish that all of the programs were merged into one site.

• Reviewed on 06/09/2018
Director of Communications and Development
Nonprofit Organization Management, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2018

"Great for campers but not well integrated"

Pros: The camper registration part is great! Lots of information and easy to find.

Cons: I don't like that the camper and fundraising modules aren't integrated very well.

• Reviewed on 13/11/2018
Erin P.
Teacher
  • Reviewed on 19/04/2019

"Useful, but complicated"

Pros: CampBrain makes it easy for me to see the different children I am teaching during summer camp at my school, filtering by the different sessions and options of attendance.

Cons: When sending emails through CampBrain to my families, I wish there were a way to CC a colleague or fellow camp counselor. Instead, I can only send emails directly to the families, with them only able to reply to me, not the entire team.
It's also a lot of steps to find the right group, filtering through all the different menus, to send an email to.

• Reviewed on 19/04/2019
Alicia C.
Children's Ministry Assistant
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2018

"CampBrain makes signing up for camp and tracking participants easy!"

Comments: Easy to use with lots of options!

Pros: I like that this software saves your information so that every year you sign up for camp you do not have to input your information over and over again. I also like that Camp Brain allows users to easily run endless reports to see the status of each camp session.

Cons: I find this program to be user-friendly and have not had any issues. However, sometimes I find that parents get confused when they are signing themselves up for camp with their kids.

• Reviewed on 07/05/2018
Lynne C.
  • Reviewed on 30/11/2018

"I love this software! "

Pros: I used this for years when employed at a Summer Camp. It is incredibly easy to use and the reporting capabilities was top notch.

Cons: I did not have any issues with this product

• Reviewed on 30/11/2018
Stephanie A.
Camp director
  • Reviewed on 09/06/2017

"Complete frustration "

Pros: It makes all of the camp registration process available online. We are able to organize our camp and camper data in one place.

Cons: It is horribly frustrating to use. Every technical efficiency problem we have is because of CampBrain. The database is so difficult to use, when people register for camp it doesn't automatically populate the fields in the database so each camper still needs to be manually entered at the camp office.

• Reviewed on 09/06/2017