15 years helping Singaporean businesses

About Smartsheet

Smartsheet is an online work execution platform empowering organizations of all sizes to plan, manage, automate, and report on work.

Learn more about Smartsheet

Pros:

Dashboards can be a nice way to have an overview with links to different sheets if you have a project with several documents, and are willing to spend the extra time and money to set it up.

Cons:

It's also sometimes difficult to tell where user error plays a role in mathematic mistakes. I'd like to see more effort put into these areas.

Smartsheet ratings

4.4

8.4/10

Smartsheet has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 3,227 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Smartsheet before?

Filter reviews (3,227)

Marianela
Marianela
Water Treatment and Environmental Management Consultant in Panama
Chemicals, 51–200 Employees

Smartsheet platform, designed for dynamic and collaborative work in project monitoring.

Comments: Smartsheet is a modern and flexible tool for managing activities related to a project of any size and degree of complexity. Its implementation of automated workflows is based on a philosophy oriented towards simplicity, making repetitive processes free through code that generates value for the user, in addition to incorporating mechanisms for sending alerts, managing requests for approvals and updates, configuring recurring workflows such as service requests, daily deadline reminders, and much more.

Pros:

One of the most important characteristics of Smartsheet is the ability to manage any type of project without having to adapt to the tool itself, but rather the opposite, Smartsheet adapts to the client's needs, with the multiplicity of templates that we can take advantage of to generate effective, collaborative planning and perform real-time monitoring, in addition to having a fairly complete dashboard to have the reports that are really needed.Its simplicity in the designed architecture and usability allows the learning curve to be very fast and end users have no problem being part of the team that contributes and generates value.

Cons:

Smartsheet may be an underrated platform with some interesting third-party integration opportunities, but its usefulness in tracking projects of any kind has proven effective.It adapts to the needs of the organization and our clients, with a multitude of templates that we can use to generate real planning, and that connect with the management of resources, both human and material for comprehensive monitoring.

Stephanie
Stephanie
System Administrator in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Efficient Project Management with Smartsheet

Comments: My overall experience with Smartsheet has been positive. It has significantly improved project visibility and collaboration within our team. The platform's flexibility adapts to various project types, from simple task tracking to complex project timelines.

Pros:

Smartsheet is a versatile project management tool that combines the simplicity of a spreadsheet with powerful project management features. The ability to create dynamic and collaborative workspaces using familiar spreadsheet interfaces is a standout feature. The automated workflows and customizable templates streamline project planning and execution. Real-time collaboration and update notifications keep the team aligned and on track, fostering productivity.

Cons:

The learning curve for more advanced features can be steep. Customization options, while powerful, may be overwhelming for new users. Improved onboarding resources could mitigate this challenge.

Tyler
Manager in US
Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

No frills but high power

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: We really enjoy using smartsheet because it makes things simple for us. We like that we have a central place for tasks/projects, can easily assign them across our team, and can go back and see how those tasks/projects went. It's better than working out of multiple spreadsheets and can tie together different aspect of our business. You can get more out of it if you put the time in to build company specific modules and then update said modules as needed. For the price, it's hard to beat!

Pros:

We get a ton of use inside smartsheet. Our primary use is to document tasks and projects inside one program. Smartsheet allows us to do this, track said items, and easily communicate across the company.

Cons:

I would not say we have any high cons per say, but if you require more complicated or intricate uses from a task/project management software, you'd be better suited looking at more expensive or higher frills programs.

Patrick
Director of IT in US
Building Materials, 51–200 Employees

Smartsheets for a familiar look at project management

3.0 last month New

Comments: We used it for project management for a year-long project it did OK.

Pros:

Ease of use. Looks similar to using a spreadsheet so it is similar to most people.

Cons:

Sometimes it feels too much like a spreadsheet and can be mundane.

Heidi
Office Manager in US
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Low cost, quick adaptability, and ease in learning are key to this products.

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: While not as robust in spreadsheet functionality as, say, Excel, it's plethora of varied components and a robust selection of tools used in every day business and database software.

Pros:

Familiarity to other standard office products such as MS Office, ease of use and adaptability based on our project needs. The overall feel is familiar to most as it uses standard business software looks in many key areas but has a large variety of options to suit your specific needs.

Cons:

There were some limitations in the spreadsheet look and functionality adjustments.

Kaleb
RN Clinical Educator in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Really Smart Sheets

5.0 last month New

Comments: Love it. Cannot imagine going back to work without it

Pros:

Love the ability to collaborate with multiple people and use forms to collect data

Cons:

Having to use the complicated language for rules. I’d love if there you could type what you want it to do in word rather than formulas.

Seth
Principal Architect in US
Architecture & Planning, 11–50 Employees

Smarter than a spreadsheet

Pros:

Ability to record and report on all types of information. Easily customizable sheets and reports. Ability to assign tasks to members of my team.

Cons:

Steep learning curve for integrating sheets, reports, and dashboards.

Computer Software, Self Employed

Personalise every single think without coding

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

It feels like you can change every detail on any form and you can almost code its behavior

Cons:

Too much work on personalisation, If you just want to enter data, get a simpler solution. But if your data entry is very personal go for it and it will save you time after is fully set up

Alexis
Managing Director in US
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

A must-have platform for all project managers

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Ease of use and deployment amongst the team.

Cons:

Nothing negative to say about the product.

Obhioze
Member in US
Higher Education, 10,000+ Employees

Smartsheet Filled Survey

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

It combines a wide range of features from team collaboration, file sharing to PPM.

Cons:

I do not come across any challenge when using Smartsheet on my end.

Rick
Senior Director, Dynamic Pricing Execution in US
Financial Services, 51–200 Employees

Excellent alternative to traditional spreadsheets and project management tools and processes

Comments: We use it for all project implementations to manage collaboration with our clients - project plans, decision logs, issue logs, contact lists, action item lists, document sharing, etc. We also use it internally for similar activities. I even use it on my team for very efficient weekly status reporting. We even link it to JIRA for automatically syncing sheets and reports to that system for managing product releases and product support. We love it!!!

Pros:

Very easy to learn and get users onboard quickly. Works much like Excel yet with much more document sharing functionality and the notifications service is most beneficial to us. Very cost efficient in that our clients don't need to purchase a license so we use this to collaborate with them for our project work.

Cons:

Very little not to like. Advanced functionality we need to not alwasys there, however, Smartsheet comes out with new features a few times a year and they always very helpful. Biggest complaint is that we have not yet figured out how to provide users edit access to a group and yet limit certain sheets within that group to viewer only. Would also like to see more options for backups and restores.

Sara
Product Strategy Manager in US
Insurance, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Love the versatility

Comments: I love the webinars on new services and the ability to become certified to use this tool- its such a time saver and I love that if I think of something I need to do on my commute home- I can just pull it up on my phone. Overall I would recommend it to my text company too- I would rather use Smart sheet as a project management tool than any tool designed for math brains that isn't as freestyle.

Pros:

I love this software. I love the pick up and go aspect where I can access it on all my devices. I love the automatic saves- because I am terrible at remembering to save, and I love the ability to attach files and tag people for projects. I used the software at my previous company for creative project management and now I'm using it like agile for product development builds. Its great for tracking and overall roadmapping. I wouldn't use anything else when I can do everything I want right here!

Cons:

All the issues I've had have been solved in new releases but it would be wonderful if I could build graphic pages in the software- I'm hoping that comes soon. Like a mobile photoshop or powerpoint or image tool.

Lachlan
IT Project Coordinator in Australia
Furniture, 51–200 Employees

SmartSheet | An extraordinary tool for fast moving businesses

Comments: Since beginning to use SmartSheet in 2017, it has been a catalyst in keeping up with an ever changing market and the increase in the use of digital tools and communication channels.

Pros:

SmartSheet is a tool setup in such a way the it can be tailored to your organisation and used for multiple functions, by multiple divisions. The speed at which they are improving the platform with new functions and features is beyond amazing. Any small to medium size business trying to improve in project management, ICT management, customer service, task management, resource management, team management (the list goes on) would largely benefit from investing in SmartSheet. The ROI is incredible and the ease of rolling it out through an organisation is simple due to the intuitive UI.

Cons:

The only downside I see with SmartSheet is the permission levels. These could be improved with the ability to share sheets in bulk rather than just at a workspace or individual sheet level.

Renee
Manager in US
Real Estate, 201–500 Employees

Smartsheet for the win

Comments: The initial setup of some of my Smartsheets was cumbersome and time consuming. HOWEVER, it was well worth it. Now that I know how to navigate around, it does not take as long to get a Smartsheet up and running. I enjoy setting up new Smartsheet projects and teaching others how to use or navigate around the project. I literally learn something new everyday.

Pros:

Because I use this software on a daily basis, I need to be able to navigate around fairly quickly. For the most part, I am able to do this. When I do have a question or can't figure out how to do something, the search function either in the Solution Center or a search in Google often produce great results. And if if doesn't, customer service is superb and I am able to get pretty close to an immediate response or help. I do like how I can create a Dashboard that can house any type of information from links to other Smartsheets, forms, other websites, the list is endless. It helps bring projects and/or information together in one area that is easy to navigate through.

Cons:

Although I know this isn't excel, I do wish it had more functionality like excel. With that said, the more I use this program, the more I do love it and am able to maneuver my way around easier.

jonathan
Preconstruction Manager in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Smartsheet for Homebuilding company

Comments: Customer service is really amazing.

Pros:

I love the ability to create tasks and basically create as many filters as I want/need. The new dashboard feature is really nice. I use it for our design requests, precon schedule and we are currently working on using it in our construction schedule. Some slight bugs and limitations but overall working well.

Cons:

The calendar apps is just awful. Don't recommend using it. Very limited ability. I wish they would just make tweak the calendar view slightly. Need the ability to show multi columns on calendar date. Also would be nice to display calendar view on a dashboard without publishing it. That on works horribly on the mobile version. We have a lot of field guys and the mobile version is not the best for viewing stuff.

Training Manager in US
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees

SmartSheet is a robust cloud-based project management system

Comments: We have been able to bring huge teams together with so much more ease by using SmartSheet. People of all skill sets can leverage the tracking tools available, making it easy for any PM to track their project(s).

Pros:

Easy to integrate, just log in and go. It's so easy that anyone can use the system - not much training is required. SmartSheet's online community of job aids, training items, etc. is fantastic and robust - and gets you through every issue from small to advanced, if needed - and if not, you can reach out to a wonderful support team. This product brings together all your team members, especially in this remote Covid-19 world. You'll love using SmartSheet - it's SO much better than desktop-based PM solutions.

Cons:

There is a learning curve due to the fact there are slight differences in using SmartSheet vs. what you might be used to already. But, that's really it - there are some things it just can't do - and other things that require a lot of setup and tweaking - but they're worth it - if you have the right project for it!

Kathy
Vendor Income Expert in US
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

Smart Technology

Comments: Smartsheet definitely is very smart! It's a very powerful collaboration tool. You can customize forms to send to other. You can set up notification/reminders to others. However, Smartsheet is not so user-friendly. It's an intricate system that takes time to learn. However, once you take the time to learn it, you'll love it!!!

Pros:

In my line of work, I have to send forms to vendors. They submit the terms that they agree with Target. I also have to document their terms. I love that it's so easy to customize forms in Smartsheet. Vendors and key partners also really like the looks of Smartsheet forms too. I also like that Smartsheet organized data from submission forms into a nice master grid. Another functionality that I love is the workflow automation. I'm able to set notification and reminder on when key partners need to approve vendor forms in Smartsheet.

Cons:

Smartsheet provide a very nice, clean form for vendor to submit their terms. However, there is no function to send a copy of the SAME form once the form had been submitted. When vendor sask me to send the a copy of the forms they submitted, Smartsheet isn't able to generate the form in the original format. Smartsheet just generate a simple grid of the submitted data/terms. It would nice if Smartsheet can generate the submitted form in the SAME/original format of the form that I created in Smartsheet.

Andy
Andy
Technology Planning for Transport Networks in Mexico
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

A must-have tool for project management!

Comments: By being able to check the progress of tasks in detail (confirmation of delays), it was possible to allocate human resources optimally. In a project with a fixed release schedule, it is necessary to move forward efficiently, so I am very grateful to be able to understand this. A convenient editing function that allows multiple people to edit at the same time online and a free sharing setup with no limit to the number of people. A Gantt chart can be created intuitively.

Pros:

It is mainly used for the management of projects that occur frequently in the company. The main tasks of each project and the secondary tasks linked to them can be managed in detail and in a visual and easy-to-understand way, which is useful to understand the progress and bottlenecks of the project. It is nice to see alerts for overdue tasks.Additionally, a lot of templates are available that can be used for any project, which is very helpful.

Cons:

The templates are perfect, but there were many times when I hesitated because I often wondered which template to use in the first place. I thought it would be nice to have a feature that would recommend this template for such a project.

Christian
Christian
Human Resources Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Smartsheet is a top-notch tool for teamwork

Comments: We used to have to do everything by hand, but now, with smarsheet, everything is done automatically, including time tracking and project progress reports.

Pros:

Keeping a change journal and keeping track of your plans might help you see problems and start fixing them before they derail your project. I enjoy that Smartsheet may be used in a variety of different ways. Because of the high degree of personalization available, it can be put to use by virtually anyone.

Cons:

The various templates should be simple to manage. The inability to properly plan and monitor the Product Design Team's actions is a significant obstacle.

Furniture, 51–200 Employees

Fantastic Product

Comments: Great customer service. Ever-improving features. 100% cloud so you can collaborate from anywhere with virtually any device (desktop and/or app). Smartsheet has become an indispensable part of how we run our business.

Pros:

Smartsheet is an amazing product and helps keep our whole company on schedule and collaborating in real time. It is really flexible and easy to start using. Once you have used it for a while, you will want to do more and more with it, and there never seems to be a limit to what you can do. They are also constantly adding new helpful features. One that was really useful to me was a kanban view called cardview. But there is also classic spreadsheet view, gannt view, and calendar view. In addition to sheets, you can also run reports off the sheets which filter the data down for particular users or departments. These reports can be editable or read-only. You can also look at your data in real time using dashboards. We have been using Smartsheet for several years now, and we still feel like we are only scratching the surface of its capabilities. Another great feature is that you can have unlimited free collaborators. These people can use the sheets/reports/dashboard and enter data. However, it is only the paid users who can create and maintain the sheets. Over time, you may find more people in your organisation want to be creators, and it is easy to add licenses as needed.

Cons:

There's not much I can say negative about this software. On rare occasions there can be unexpected outages or loss of functionality, but that is very rare indeed. There are sometimes maintenance windows on the weekend which can last up to 4 hours at a time, but these are advised well ahead of time. I think the only business that wouldn't want to use smartsheet is one that operates 24/7. If you are a normal Monday to Friday business, smartsheet will be fine for you.

Consumer Goods, 11–50 Employees

Excellent project management tool!

Comments: I joined my team in 2017 and was asked to establish our PM management system - knowing that I didn't have the budget for some of the more robust tools, I needed to find one that wasn't only user friendly but had all the capabilities I needed to create the complex timelines and reporting that I needed. Smartsheet was recommended to me and when I finally did a walk through I felt like it would be the perfect fit for my needs. Since then, I've been able to setup the platform and project management system for my team and we adjust it as needed along the way with ease. We also have been able to find uses outside of my project management needs to track form responses and other data management needs.

Pros:

easy to set-up processes, ongoing product improvements and additions, great team capabilities, quick and easy adoption due to familiarity of tool to MS Project/Excel style, many different uses outside of projects timelines, very cost effective

Cons:

interface feels dated (although they're continuously working on this) and not created for non-project team members, dashboard tool and capabilities could use some improvements, sometimes creating cross-functional sheets can be clunky and unnecessarily complex.

Kat
Kat
Business Process Engineer in US
Marketing & Advertising, 501–1,000 Employees

Fantastic tool that is growing quickly!

Comments: I'm a huge fan of Smartsheet. I would highly recommend their annual conference - ENGAGE. It's a great mix of presentations of use cases, tutorials, hands on workshops, networking, and a glimpse into their roadmap. With Smartsheet, we've saved time on existing processes and been able to build out new processes we weren't able to streamline/automate before Smartsheet. It also is so helpful with managing data integrity and auditing when/how things are edited. We also use it quite a bit to collaborate externally - that alone has made Smartsheet worth it.

Pros:

There's a lot to like about Smartsheet. You can get simple business processes converted quickly. The automation 'designer' is so easy to use and it's quite intuitive. Permissions are easy to manage without feeling overwhelming. Their training center is one of the best I've seen. Our Account Team is also phenomenal. I can't say enough about them. They never make me feel like they don't have time to talk use cases, strategies, or even one off questions. They roll out new functionality often enough to add value but not so often that you can't keep up. Smartsheet also really values their customer's feedback - highly recommend their EAP.

Cons:

Smartsheet is great in so many ways but there are some functionality missing that would make a massive difference in the amount of processes I could move to Smartsheet - cascading dropdowns, setting a field's value with automation, setting a form field's value based on another field or formula, editing an existing item via a form (not an update request), extract time stamping from cell history to be able to report on it. I would also like to see more consistency in the functionality across different apps within the platform. Overall, I'm able to find workarounds to most of the functionality wish list and with their ability to turn out new features often throughout the year, I don't consider these as deal breakers. My other pain point (though it's also helpful in some ways, especially for small businesses) is how tiered the features are - meaning that you do have to purchase premium apps/add ons to leverage the full power of Smartsheet. That gives a lot of flexibility in how you want to scale but is also a bit of a pain as an end user, making the case for purchasing the add ons that will help my processes even more.

Maximiliano
Maximiliano
Salesman in Argentina
Retail, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Managing Projects Made Easy: A Review of SmartSheet

Comments: I find SmartSheet to be a highly effective and flexible tool that allows me to manage complex projects and collaborate with team members. The real-time task tracking and deadline monitoring features help me stay on top of my work, while the collaborative tools facilitate communication and information sharing with others.While there are some challenges to using SmartSheet, such as the complexity of some of the advanced features, the benefits of the tool far outweigh any drawbacks. Overall, I would highly recommend SmartSheet to anyone looking for a powerful and versatile project management and collaboration tool.

Pros:

There are several things that I like about the tool. One of the features that I enjoy the most is the ability to collaborate in real-time with other team members in a single centralized location. This means we can work together on a project without the need to send separate emails, spreadsheets, files, and other documents.Another important feature in SmartSheet is the ability to create custom spreadsheets and forms to collect information more effectively. This allows all team members to have access to the same updated information in real-time and avoids duplicated efforts.I also find the task tracking and calendar functions useful, as they allow me to have a quick view of deadlines and tasks that need to be completed in the project. In addition, SmartSheet's process automation helps simplify repetitive tasks and saves time in project management.

Cons:

The interface, while intuitive, can be overwhelming for new users who are not familiar with project management or spreadsheet software.While SmartSheet offers a wide range of templates and tools, some of them may not be customizable enough to meet specific needs. This can be frustrating at times, especially when trying to create more complex spreadsheets or workflows.Certain features like reporting and charting could be improved to provide more flexibility and customization options.

Saleem
COE in Australia
Telecommunications, 11–50 Employees

A Robust Project Management Tool with Collaborative Power

Comments: Overall, my experience with Smartsheet has been positive. The tool offers robust project management capabilities and versatile spreadsheet functionality. Real-time collaboration and automation features enhance teamwork and productivity. Despite a learning curve and some limitations, Smartsheet proves to be a valuable tool for effective project management and collaboration.

Pros:

What I liked most about Smartsheet is its robust project management capabilities. The tool provides a comprehensive set of features for planning, tracking, and collaborating on projects. Its intuitive interface makes it easy to create tasks, set dependencies, and manage deadlines effectively. The real-time collaboration feature allows multiple users to work on the same sheet simultaneously, promoting seamless teamwork and communication. Additionally, the automation and integration options provided by Smartsheet streamline workflows and enhance productivity.

Cons:

What I liked least about Smartsheet are its limitations in terms of advanced formatting options and the learning curve associated with its features. While Smartsheet offers basic formatting capabilities, it lacks some advanced features found in traditional spreadsheet applications. This can be limiting for users who require complex formulas or intricate formatting in their sheets. Additionally, Smartsheet's robust functionality may require some time and training for users to fully grasp and utilize all its features effectively. However, once users overcome the learning curve, the tool proves to be a valuable asset for project management and collaboration.

Tanner
Senior Project Manager in US
Airlines/Aviation, 201–500 Employees

Smartsheet is a one-stop solution for many companies

Pros:

Smartsheet allows me to do what I want to do in the way I want to do it. I rarely come across limitations that can't be figured out. When anyone asks me for a new request, I don't have to find crazy work arounds or engage in wild goose chases only to find I can't accomplish the ask. I can quickly and easily give them the views they want, the functionality they want to track their projects specific to their organizations or easily organize their specific chaos. The real-time dynamically updated information makes this tool incredibly powerful for all stakeholders needing to stay up to date without requiring some sort of status update meetings. I also love that their product roadmap comes from community suggestions! I have seen functionality go from a great community suggestion to implemented out of the box functionality. I love that they are improving and adapting just like the people that use their software are!

Cons:

There are very few downsides to Smartsheet. The biggest thing I could tell, and I am reaching, is that other companies used for Project Management such as Monday, Asana, Wrike, Rocketlane, etc. all look really modern and sexy. They all pale in comparison to Smartsheet but they have great color schemes and they look pretty and modern which some companies like more than a truly powerful system like Smartsheet.