15 years helping Singaporean businesses

About Toggl Track

Leading cloud-based time tracking app for small and big teams. Easy implementation, powerful reports, multi-device and offline support.

Learn more about Toggl Track

Pros:

Was using this with our tech support and content development teams. Does a nice job and allows for very specific tracking and time management.

Cons:

One annoying feature is that you can't pause sessions; you have to stop it, and create a new one. You end up with a couple of 5 second sessions.

Toggl Track ratings

4.7
4.5
4.5
4.6

9.0/10

Toggl Track has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 2,283 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Toggl Track before?

Filter reviews (2,283)

Jeff
Jeff
Marketing and Web Services Consultant in US

Toggl Track

Comments: I have been using Toggl for six years. I have implemented it in law firms, with partner agencies and used it as a search engine rater back in the day. Its just easy to use, straight forward and un-inhibited.

Pros:

I love the flexibility to organize my time and track time useage without worrying that I missed time I won't be able to capture later or getting stuck in system linguistics that don't match my project or tracking needs.

Cons:

I would love to be able to attach more detailed notes to the project that don't need to list with the actual time entry in reports. Also, the integrations are not useful for me. There is no Quickbooks or Microsoft integration.

Alex
Program Manager in US
Construction, 201–500 Employees

Toggl Track for Online Time Tracking

4.0 last month New

Pros:

It has been easy to track time and expense upon project completion automatically.

Cons:

I dislike that Toggl Track barely track time when not connected to the internet.

Jordan
Controller in Canada
Machinery, 11–50 Employees

Low value for the price

3.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Entering time, setting up projects, team reporting are all fantastic. All that then needs to flow into QuickBooks.

Pros:

The project setup and reporting are really good.

Cons:

There are two major flaws with this software. 1. The best feature of this product, the project tracking, doesn't sync with QuickBooks. Why is this not built yet? 2. The second biggest flaw is that approvers can't see the weekly timesheet view that everyone uses to input their time we want to see the weekly view as it was entered. Fix these.

Lee
Lead Developer - Technical Lead in UK

Expensive, but links well with other Toggl Products

Pros:

Fantastic syncing capabilities across multiple platforms, including Toggl's other products and other project management tools such as Monday.com. It's also very easy to use, either via the website or desktop apps.

Cons:

The cost, it's expensive for it's main purpose, tracking time - other software offers the same primary functionality for free, such as Clockify

Amaya
Principal in US

Toggle track and salta

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: It was great until we needed more features will love to make it work

Pros:

I love toggle track have been using it for a while But we are growing and need a tracking system that integrates with a project management system Sadly we have been trying to use the new task and project features in toggle but the set up never worked

Cons:

No integration with PM system We use Trello but the integration does not work And we will love to use just toggle for PM and tracking but that does not work either

Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Effective and easy-to-use

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Really useful as a tool, I haven't explored beyond it's core functions but it does exactly what I need it for easily and effectively

Pros:

It's very easy to use, very easy to add categories of how you spend your time etc and reporting this if necessary. It actually makes me more mindful of how much time I am spending on each area of marketing and making adjustments accordingly

Cons:

Nothing specific- I haven't explored its more advanced functionality however (so it may have flaws I'm unaware of!

Telecommunications, 2–10 Employees

Core functionality is great

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

I'm sure it's got way more to offer, but in terms of ability to efficiently record time it's great. Also as an admin it's really intuitive to create reports on projects or employees. I also really value its ability to integrate it with Zapier, so now as soon as we win a new client in HubSpot, it auto creates a project in Toggle to record our time against.

Cons:

From a basic functionality perspective, no complaints from me.

Tuan
Data in Vietnam
Financial Services, 51–200 Employees

Good product in general.

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Ease of use: - Intuitive Interface and user-friendly design. - Integrated with Chrome -> easy to start the tasks - Can track across devices - Integrated with Google Calendars

Cons:

When I use toggle track, there are some bugs that it track the progress at the same time twice. I click start in chrome extension but somehow it was not turned on, then I use the main web page to start. In the end, I got duplication.

Hayden
Senior Onboarding Coach in US
E-Learning, 51–200 Employees

Toggl Review

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I've used Toggl for about four years and have enjoyed the flexibility of this time tracking tool!

Pros:

The ease of use, the interface, and the ability to use it anywhere is extremely beneficial!

Cons:

Syncing can be a bit off when using the phone app and the browser version.

Liam
Team Lead Senior Campaign Manager in Canada
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Insights That Help You Win & Scale

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, despite being hesitant to track my time - Toggl has been instrumental in enabling our department and company with the data to maintain profitability and scale.

Pros:

Granular time tracking that allows you to identify wins and losses in your projects. With Toggl, we have been able to gauge efficiency within our department and make the necessary adjustments.

Cons:

I have not yet found anything about Toggl that I do not enjoy

Entertainment, Self Employed

Best Time Tracker, hands down!

Comments: My time was slipping away and I didn't know where it was all going. Waiting for files to render means 4-10 minutes of time twiddling my thumbs; then picking up on some other task like replying to emails that I would like to do for the ten minutes. That quickly turns into 40 minutes and then the momentum is gone! I don't know how long Ive been working on what and then all of a sudden its 5pm and its all over! Toggl makes the day seem worth it. When you can accurately track your time you can see where you are slipping up; going over; losing money and it helps get over the pitfalls of a busy and variety filled work day. If you work with multiple clients, have many different types of tasks, or you want to know how much to bill a client (a function I didnt use it for as I work for myself) Toggl is the job. I can think of so many more uses for it that don't apply to me or my business but its robust and really well integrated with loads of other apps.

Pros:

Toggl is so easy to use! There is an auto function that gathers info on what you are doing on your computer and you can then review the items in 15 minute chunks; by app, by webpage or by document. Its such an easy way to automatically track your time so you aren't fussing with buttons etc. Really easy and beautiful interface too. The app integrations are great and work with apps like Asana and Trello really well.

Cons:

Some small bugs when switching from apps too quickly and the mobile app doesn't have the same amount of functionality as the desktop version (which is to be expected of course) Other than that its pretty solid.

Bigue
Sole Executive in Canada
Internet, Self Employed

Simply the best time tracking solution freely available for self-employed and freelance

Comments: Toggl is simply wonderful, very close to perfect to me.

Pros:

I was tired of wasting a fortune with paid services just to track the time spent on an handful of tasks when working for my clients. I tried a few solutions out there, but all were paid, loaded with features that I didn't even need, and were a bit of a mess to navigate through just to manage my hours of issue a simple time report. I'm so glad I found Toggl : the basic free tier offers everything I need, has a sleek interface and is a bliss to use on a daily basis. Just select the project, type what you're doing and hit the "start" button to start tracking. Every previous task has a "start" button, it's as easy as one click to resume work on an existing task ! Editing time entries is as intuitive as editing text, and generating full-fledge, good looking detailed reports by client/project/task type for any time period is as easy as checking a few boxes and selecting the dates. The free version has everything you need for perfect time tracking for a single person. Simply perfect.

Cons:

None, really, apart from a few very minor annoyances I found with the browser UI : - Some quirks when editing time entries, but you get used to the way the time editing UI works with experience. - In some specific states, clicking the "start" button has no effect, so you end up not having tracked your time after doing a task. It still happens to me from time to time. This can be annoying, so I have to keep a vigilent eye the status icon (browser tab icon) when I'm working on something.

Jakub
Designer / Founder in Czechia
Design, 2–10 Employees

Time tracking, time sheets and time billing

Comments: Being a small company we needed something we could track easily without any complicated setup. And Toggl provided. We have used it for 7+ years and it is still going very well. The best things are time is displayed in decimals so it can be easily multiplied with rates. Clients love the summaries, colleagues love the simplicity.

Pros:

The ease of use of Toggl is unprecedented. After setting up projects and clients we are able to track very precisly tasks and projects for everyone. Switching form one task to another is dead simple and everyone who complains that his workflow is "not trackable" just should try this since changing projects even between calls takes only a click.

Cons:

Pricing gets a bit steep after a larger team is on board + the timesheet vs. billable hours are not accessible in the free tier. Setting up new users and adding them into a team is somewhat complicated - but that is an UI/UX problem.

Bettina
Senior editor in Portugal
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Easy and excellent

Comments: Using Toggl has saved me many hours a month. It's very straightforward. The reports produced are well laid out and can be sent straight to clients when they need hour-by-hour accounting on large projects.

Pros:

I like that Toggl is very easy to use and requires very little time to set up. The reporting and downloads are excellent. Great for tracking projects as a large job or as sub tasks. The tags are very handy and also have saved a lot of time.

Cons:

I haven't found anything difficult to set up or integrate into existing processes.

Max
IT Manager in Belgium
Wholesale, 11–50 Employees

Toggl track, what else?

Comments: I've been using it for years and will for many more. No downsides so far. Very stable and easy to use app.

Pros:

Free to use, easy to use, always works everywhere and any time. In all the years I've used the app I've not had 1 single issue

Cons:

I only discovered after a couple months that I can activate activity tracking on the desktop version. If only I'd known earlier it would have made life easier.

Matt
Software Engineer in Australia
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Robust time tracking tool useful for keeping on top of billing

Comments: I use this daily to record my work as I put time into various projects. The data entry systems are easy to use, and quick to process. The comprehensive reporting tools allow me to analyse the data as much as I need to. That it can be shared between colleagues working on the same project means that collecting data for billing is pretty straight forward.

Pros:

Being able to quickly record time entries, and categorise them into projects and tasks if the key benefit of using Toggl Track. It gives you enough flexibility and control to make tweaking these entries easy

Cons:

From time to time the site is not super responsive, and tasks you've entered don't appear as you expect. Thankfully this is in frequent, so doesn't outweigh the positives of this tool.

Internet, 2–10 Employees

Good choice for time tracking app

Comments: Despite being used to the interface of other software it was basically very similar so its operation was very simple. Perhaps because it is one of the oldest tools on the market in this area, toggl ends up being the most stable option I have experience with. In my time of use, I had situations in which toggl was available and the other tool was not, It happens the other way around as well, toggl also had problems, but they were in a much smaller amount.

Pros:

It provides a fast and simple interface to track time and manage tasks time spread directly integrated to Atlassian Jira with browser plugins.

Cons:

I use another software tool to perform a personal time tracking and toggl does not have a natural and out of the box plugin to it in a way I used toggl to control task level time span and another application to track project wide time span

Mariana
Finance Director in Colombia
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Best time tracker so far

Comments: In general, my experiences has been very positive. I can easily keep track of my employees, the time their spending in different projects and the billing hours on particular tasks.

Pros:

This is a very useful tool for our organization as it allows us to keep a detailed record of the time invested by each of our collaborators in the different activities proposed by the group directors. We work with several contractors and this application allows us to control their working time and therefore the total value to pay for their services. Likewise, we love that we can know how much time has been allocated to a specific project in order to measure efficiencies and delays.

Cons:

I love the simplicity of the tool, but sometimes a find it Too simple. Specially the phone application. I feel like the phone app could be a bit more robust as it is online.

Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Easy to use and does what I need

Comments: When I was a contractor I had to use Toggl for tracking and it was so easy that I continued when I went back to being a full-time employee. It has saved me a few times when one of my time sheets did not go in correctly or days off were not booked, as I was able to easily go back in time and look at the exact hours worked.

Pros:

It is very easy to use. Just click the start button and start recording. Assign my time to various timecard categories as I go.

Cons:

I wish I could book my time also by the project I'm working on. I work on several different projects in a typical week, so this does not seem to be possible or at least practical. It's also just a nice-to-have because my employer doesn't want it, only I do.

Lindsay
Operations Administrator in US
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

We haven't considered changing tools since the beginning!

Comments: We have employees that use the Toggl Chrome extension and others using the desktop version. We also have it on our mobile devices. We run reports for payroll and we run reports to see how much time we spend doing a, b or c, and therefore, we are able to see what profit or loss we accumulated on a specific project, based on our original quote. It's not too complex nor too simple to meet our needs.

Pros:

Toggl allows an employer to see all employees' details in one "team" location. The reports are wonderful. Toggl is easy to use. It connects well with other tools like Asana. Very few (if any) glitches/bugs on the important things. Aesthetically clean and easy to navigate. Updates quickly. I receive a weekly report of hours worked, classified by time spent per project. Great tagging system. Allows you to list your clients and projects so that everything stays organized. You can also add a description for any entry. Can easily pick up where you left off without having to re-enter the details of what you're working on. Great searching feature that allows you to see all work done in a time period, by group of employees, with certain key word or with one or multiple tags.

Cons:

It would be nice if you could customize the reports more. For example, I would like to print a PDF of a report showing all time entries but not showing who was the user for each entry. There have also been some features that I've struggled to figure out how to navigate or turn off and on. For example, Toggl started creating a new entry every time I paused and resumed instead of resuming the same entry. Once resolved, it has worked great, but it took me a while to figure out what setting was causing the issue.

Paula
Paula
Engineering Project Manager in US
Machinery, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Toggl Track simplifies timekeeping and billing.

Comments: I've been using Toggl for over five years, primarily to keep focused on the topic at hand while working. Tracking time and work was the major difficulty I solved with Toggl Track, and having a simple report to file for payroll was a huge benefit. It offered me and my team more freedom to focus on project management rather than administrative tasks.

Pros:

I love that it's easy to use and intuitive to know when you're starting, I can leave the timer running when I'm out on a business errand and switch to the next task on my phone while I'm out and they sync automatically, plus if I make a mistake error, I can update it. It's really ingrained in me to check what I'm doing to make sure Toggl Track reflects that activity, which has the added benefit of keeping me on track when I inevitably fall down a rabbit hole or aren't working on my most productive activity. If you use titles/tags and repeat the same tasks regularly, Toggl makes it easy to "replay" a task and automatically includes all the details you set, reporting or reviewing your recorded timers is also simple, with all the functionality you expect.

Cons:

The Pomodoro Timer function varies from browser extension to mobile app to desktop software (while I'm on the subject, maybe it's just me, but I'd prefer to start pomodoro, get an alert, and have the timer run until you actually click to go to the break). I dislike the layout of the Chrome Extension version, which sits in the upper right corner of my computer screen; I always "pop out" that version in a browser tab, and I seldom use the desktop version for the same reason.

Michelle
Seamstress in US
Arts & Crafts, 2–10 Employees

Time management has never been so easy!

Comments: It is great! After our first week with Toggl, my son was able to decrease the amount of time he spent getting distracted by a full hour each day. When I showed him just how much time he was spending on each class, and how much quicker he finished his assignments when he just focused he was able to see the positives.

Pros:

I use Toggl to track both mine and my child's schoolwork on a daily basis. While he is simply navigating third grade compared to my taking classes to receive my bachelor's degree, Toggl helps us both immensely. The ability to track how much time you spend on each class is very helpful and let's you see just how productive you are. You can see how much time you have spent on a specific task/class or during a specific time period. This allows you to see which areas you might be spending too much time on. Toggl has shown me that I was spending roughly the same amount of time working on each classes' assignments, apart from one class. I further noted that I spent an additional 30 minutes a day finishing my work for Accounting and planned my future days accordingly. What I really love about it is how it allows me to track how much time my son is spending on each of his classes, especially since he is in virtual online school this year. There have been times where instead of learning his multiplication problems in Math, I have found him watching videos on Youtube and with Toggl tracking how much time he spends on each class I can easily see when and where he is getting distracted or may need help.

Cons:

It is much better to use Toggl on a desktop VS your phone, in my opinion. The text is very small and hard to read on the phone.

Nathan
Nathan
Environmental Scientist in US
Civil Engineering, 51–200 Employees

Super simple clean time tracking software, though recent changes make it less useful

Comments: It's the best cloud based time tracking option out there, period.

Pros:

I love that Toggl is quick to set up new projects and get to work. It shouldn't be a big deal to start tracking your time, because it's such a minimalistic task, but a lot of time trackers make it a big thing to start a project. I also like that it's cloud based, so no matter which office I'm working from, it's not a big deal. I like that it takes time entries in various formats (like I can type in 1h, or 60:00, or 1:00 and it understands them all), and I like that it's painless to switch projects (which I do every time a co-worker comes to ask me a question).

Cons:

I don't like the recent changes that don't let you see your history without generating a report. I also wish it integrated with Google Calendar/Outlook and would automatically import meetings/scheduled events and tag them with the correct project (or ask me if they ought to be tagged). I also don't like that it runs until you turn it off, without reminders or updates - like it'll run 8 hours and send me a reminder, but if I ignore that single note, it stops. I would like it to send multiple updates, or have the ability to cut off, and to send me a notification/alert to start it again the next morning, because sometimes I'll forget and come back two days later to find 48 hours tracked to a single project.

Eileen
Eileen
Office Manager in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201–500 Employees

Effective tool for time optimization

Comments: I consider Toggl Track an essential tool for any office manager looking to optimize time management and improve their team's productivity. The platform offers a comprehensive feature set and excellent value for money.

Pros:

I love how this platform allows me to effectively track time spent on different tasks and projects. The ability to generate custom reports is another of my favorite features, as it allows me to analyze my team's performance and make informed decisions to improve productivity. In addition, Toggl Track's integration with other popular tools, such as Asana and Trello, streamlines my workflow and saves time on my daily tasks.

Cons:

This platform is very effective, but I wish they would include more customization options in the reports.

Internet, 51–200 Employees

Efficent tool for time/project management

Comments: This program helped the team to have a realistic understanding of the actual time spend in different activities. This allowed us to plan better our work and projects for the next months. We have also used it to measures the request we receive from external team in order to decide if in the future, we we can manage them internally or not.

Pros:

If you don't have a lot of experience in project management or you start managing a task that is outside your daily work, it is very easy to underestimate the amount of time you need to complete it. This can cause your employees to be upset or be frustrated when trying to reach unrealistic deadlines. Toggl is a very simple tool, but help you understand how many time you have dedicated to a task so you will have a better understanding in how your time is allocated in certain activities. This is very useful when showing clients or management how much time and resources was really needed for each project phase. Toggl offers the ability to label projects, create groups and sends reminders when you left your timer running for too long. It also have a reporting sessions that is mainly basic but contains all the important information you might need for simple reports, To start working with the tool is very easy and it requires only a few minutes to create your account and set up.

Cons:

My only complaint so far is the trial version allows you to add only 5 team members on your group. It is a pity, because this small limit, does not allow you to understand how powerful this tool is when managing the tasks/times of big teams