Sage Intacct Reviews

4.2 (350) Write a Review!

About Sage Intacct

The #1 Cloud Accounting & Financial Management System. Achieve real-time visibility, drive efficiency, and scale with confidence.

Learn more about Sage Intacct

Pros:

Anyone with multiple locations will benefit from this platform. With some experience, the reports are extremely customizable to your exact needs as well.

Cons:

I wouldn't mind if there was a "lite" or "simple" solution. But I guess I can see where that would undermine the overall software architecture.

Sage Intacct ratings

4.1
4.0
4.1
4.0

7.7/10

Sage Intacct has an overall rating of 4.2 out 5 stars based on 350 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Sage Intacct before?

Senior Accountant in Spain
Internet, 201-500 Employees

Decent ERP software for medium, medium-large companies

Comments: Hard to get used to in the beginning (I transitioned from QuickBooks), but as you get more and more used Intacct can be very resourceful and more powerful than other, more conventional ERP systems.

Pros:

All the features, and integration capacity with other software.

Cons:

Can be clunky and not user-friendly in not a seasoned user. Some add-on features (like FA modules) have a lot to desire in order to be useful.

4 years ago

Hello John, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you are having a positive experience using Sage Intacct. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct

Krishna
Krishna
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 Employees

The easiest accounting program I've ever used

Comments: With Sage Intacct's user-friendly interface, you won't have any trouble using it and getting the job done. For my accounting needs, I generally utilize Sage Intacct's reporting tools. These tools provide me a wide range of options for reporting and analysis, and the software's user-friendly design makes it easy for anybody to use.

Pros:

I like how well-organized the financial records are, as well as the automated payment schedules and reminders he sends to remind me of upcoming due dates. It features a better user interface than some of its rivals. Adoption was pushed by one of our staff members, and the system's users said they liked it.

Cons:

Sage Intacct is a great system in general, and I have no complaints. My time would be better spent if there were shortcuts. People who aren't familiar with accounting systems may have a hard time with the interface.

Carly
Admin in US
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

Great for multiple entities

Comments: This was a huge time saver.

Pros:

This was great for managing the books of 18 separate entities. The ability to easily switch between companies and also create inter-company transactions (owed to/from, for example) was a HUGE time saver.

Cons:

The way our company used/paid and allocated credit card charges we were not able to use the credit card part of the software.

Anne
Accounts Manager in Uganda
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 Employees

My 2 year experience with Sage Intacct

Comments: Interaction with other applications still lacks behind and this is one of the most essential parts of software. If you are using this software as a stand alone, I would recommend it.

Pros:

Sage intact excels so well in three areas; the financial reports and custom reports it outputs are excellent, and the UI is really simple and easy to understand.

Cons:

However compared to its competitors, Sage Intacct lags behind in handling payrolls and receivables. I wish this could be improved.

Senior Quantity Surveyor in Jordan
Construction, 5,001-10,000 Employees

It enhances our ability to follow all the details of the accounts of the project

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Sage Intacct has helped us to enhance our ability to better control the financial affairs of projects, as all accounts (credit and debit) are constantly updated, and we also benefited from the organization of records, also the reports helped us to better understand the financial situation of the project, and this enhanced our ability to take the required corrective actions at the right time.

Pros:

It's great that Sage Intacct has many powerful tools that allow us to perfectly control all our accounts, especially the journal, as we can track project expenses and revenues on one dashboard with great flexibility. Since it is based on the cloud, we have more control over saving financial data and archiving invoices, in addition to payment orders, and the wonderful thing is that everything that is saved is recorded in records, with filters that make it easier for us to search for them when we need them. It is also great to have the ability to follow up and control the credit and debit accounts available in Sage Intacct, as the alerts arrive in sufficient time to remind the payment due dates (credit and debit), and at the same time we can get a comprehensive view of the amounts available in the accounts, so that we can early evaluate our ability to pay On time, which helps us to take action that includes us fulfilling our obligations in a timely manner.

Cons:

Sometimes the automation available in Sage Intacct does not work as required, especially making reconciliations between accounts, as ensuring the correctness of operations requires us to make additional efforts to check them and correct errors manually.

Emilee
Accountant in US
Accounting, 2-10 Employees

Sage Intacct

Comments: I think that Sage Intacct is a decent accounting software to use for daily accounting activity. However, there is more affordable accounting software available.

Pros:

While working in the cannabis industry, this was one of the only accounting software companies who were willing to work with us to set up an accurate and efficient accounting system.

Cons:

We had issues correcting errors after the initial setup. For example, a coworker misspelled the class code "cannabis" and the implementation team told us it would take several thousand dollars to fix.

Emily
St Staff Accountant in US

Sage Intacct is a Highly Customizable ERP Solution

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Sage Intacct supports our team's daily accounting functions very well, with minimal issues. Its modules are user-friendly and fulfill all of our needs.

Pros:

Intacct is both user-friendly and highly customizable. The basic features are very easy to teach new users, but experienced users can also take advantage of the reporting features to build powerful reports and dashboards.

Cons:

The help center is lacking and it can sometimes be very difficult to figure out how to do something new without contacting support.

Jude
Senior Account Manager in Kenya

''Top notch account management platform.''

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Having a great experience with sage Intacct is quite a pleasure.

Pros:

Coming up with financial reports helps us to easily track on our organisational expenditure. On the other hand the user interface is clean and very easy to navigate through.

Cons:

It is the best platform one can handle payrolls with.

Krystal
Accounting Associate in US
Wine & Spirits, 11-50 Employees

Many features

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

many features and reporting options to cusomize

Cons:

navigation through modules and paths can be cumbersome

Anastasia
Accounting Associate in US
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees

Not the best software our company has used

3.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I like the different reports you can generate in this tool.

Cons:

I do not think it's an intuitive tool right now but has a lot of potential.

Kat
Finance Associate in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

Overall great software for accounting professionals

Comments: One major problem with some accounting softwares is that the reports needed to perform analysis, checks, etc. are unavailable. Intacct's wide report customization is a great solution to this that has resulted in an overall positive experience with the software.

Pros:

For those businesses and organizations looking to step up their accounting software from Quickbooks (or something similar), Sage Intacct is a great solution. While not as intuitive and user friendly as the systems designed for non-accounting professionals, Sage Intacct offers a myriad of features and functionality that is an accounting professional’s dream. One of the best features of Intacct is its reporting system. Users can run any report they could ever dream of that includes GL, AP, AR, Time & Expenses, Order Entry, Purchasing, etc. Reports are not only customizable, but savable too. Another great feature of Intacct is that the company is constantly releasing updates, which means the system is always evolving and getting better. Overall, Sage Inacct offers massive capability and is great for organizations who have outgrown smaller systems or who need greater customization.

Cons:

For those accustomed to the hand holding of a software like Quickbooks, Sage Intacct can make you feel a bit alone in the woods. It, for the most part, assumes that whoever is using it is an accounting professional, capable of understanding the inner workings of AP, AR, etc. For this reason, I would not recommend the system to those who are unfamiliar with accounting procedures and systems.

4 years ago

Thank you for your review, Kat! I'm glad to hear that you're benefiting from the robust reporting within Sage Intacct. If you have any questions or if we can help with anything, please don't hesitate to reach out to Sameera at [email protected]

Joseph
Manager of Accounting in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great and attentive customer service. Very accommodating with our customization and concerns.

Pros:

I like the flexibility and ease of the software. It is overall simple to correct errors. I enjoy the import features for invoices and journal entries. Saves a lot of time and is user friendly, even for less experiences computer users.

Cons:

The restrictions of some features and functions. I feel like the functionality is more designed by computer programmers than by actual day to day users. For example, if you are trying to create a custom report, vendor ID is stored one way when entering invoices, and another way when entering journal entries. Customer service suggested to me that I enter the vendor ID in 2 different fields (I believe Vendor_ID and APBillItem_VendorID) for all invoice imports so that I can use 1 f. This is redundant and frustrating. Also for example, you can set invoices to "warn" you if duplicate invoice numbers when manually entering, but if you are using the import feature, it will just crash. You have to de-select the "warn" option, upload the file, and then turn the "warn" function back on. This is not practical. There should be some type of override function for intentional duplicate invoice #s.

4 years ago

Hello Joseph, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you find Sage Intacct easy to use and flexible. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct

Caren
Assistant Sales Operations in Jordan
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees

It is a unique tool for expressing the institution's financial position.

Comments: we were able to obtain an incredible organization of information and accounting records, as well as a true representation of the financial position of our institution, which enabled us to improve the quality of financial operations and bring the views closer together in order to make appropriate decisions.

Pros:

Sage Intacct is easy to handle and performs the functions you need thanks to its easy-to-use design. I mostly use the reporting features of Sage Intacct, which offers a wide range of options for reporting and analysis, and the user-friendly interface greatly simplifies the accounting processes even for beginners. Sage Intacct can be customized to fit the nature of the financial transactions you require, which makes switching between screens very flexible. I like how the accounting records are organized, as well as scheduling payments automatically, as well as the notifications that he sends reminding the dues that have been scheduled.

Cons:

In general, I have no issues about the Sage Intacct system. I wish there were shortcuts or quick links available.

Senior Accountant in US

Flexible, capable, constantly upgrading software.

Pros:

Intacct allows for the creation and utilization of any fields desired for your business eliminating the need for the multitude of work-arounds necessary to create detailed reports in other accounting systems. Intacct also has the most capable custom reporting interface I have utilized to date, saving hours of time formerly spent on the extraction, transformation, and production of standard company reports. Other benefits include, ability to import any type of transaction, ability to bulk export all GL transaction data (a personal favorite), a robust API allowing for integration with internal databases, payroll software, etc.

Cons:

Initial setup was led by a less experienced implementation specialist which led to difficulties as we began to review and create custom reports accurately. After speaking with a consultant, we determined the issues, corrected them, and have produced real time advanced reports which have provided a level of insight which was unachievable within other accounting software.

Louis
Systems Admnistrator in US
Government Administration, 501-1,000 Employees

My organization has been using since October 2016 for AP, AR, Purchasing, and fund management.

Comments: By being able to automate our financial activity we have increased the amount of information available to key decision makers for more informed decisions. The amount of time it takes for us to process purchasing transactions has decreased by a dramatic amount of time .

Pros:

We transitioned from a manual recordkeeping system to this electronic accounting system. This means all of our transactions are available to be reviewed at any time from anywhere. Reports are available instantaneously reflecting the latest transactions. Transactional history to review activity from creation to being posted to the GL is tremendous and helpful. The software offers many more versions of reports than was available with our prior legacy system.

Cons:

One of the most difficult items with this system is that user restrictions prevent Custom Reports from being accessible to 75% of our users. The report writing tools would benefit from an overhaul to allow merging of multiple data tables and more customization of the report appearance. Also there are so many aspects affected by creating a GL Account that there is a steep learning curve in understanding where to efficiently generate new records.

Brandy
Controller in US

I have been sold on Intacct for 7 years could not ask for better.

Pros:

The system is User Intuitive, training new hires on the system is a 30 minute walk through, then onto process training. Speeds up everything, have as much or as little control setup. Flex to add custom anything to make the system work for you without damaging upgrade comparability. I truly love Intacct.

Cons:

The only cons I can think of is little things like not being able to unapply a CM like you can a payment. It would be great to have the ability to create product types and your price book at the same time.

4 years ago

Hello Brandy, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you find Sage Intacct easy to use and that you're being able to save time. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct

Amanda
Senior Accountant in US
Accounting, 2-10 Employees

Intacct is very user friendly and you can use it in creative ways

Comments: Monthly close process is completed faster with intacct. It allows us to process and approve AP seamlessly, saving us time and money by outsourcing it to Intacct. Can use the software in creative ways, not just as bookkeeping.

Pros:

Intacct makes my job so much easier. It is easy to use and is very intuitive. The software can be used in creative ways and not just as standard bookkeeping software. It integrates easily with other softwares so you can link everything together. Overall it saves us time and money.

Cons:

There are very few issues with the software. I have noticed that when I'm have an issue with the software it can take a little bit longer then I would expect for the problem to be resolved. We are busy people and need our programs to be running properly to get our jobs done.

CFO/COO in US
, 201-500 Employees

Work with daily accounting, reporting and dashboards

Comments: Dashboard, import and export.

Pros:

We chose this software to work with other existing software and it did not disappoint. We also selected this for that ability to incorporate statistical information with our financial information and create dashboards to share information internally.

Cons:

There isn't really anything at this point that has caused problems or limitations. The only issue is when you export to Excel it does not use the latest version.

4 years ago

Hello, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you are having a positive experience using Sage Intacct. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct

Nabeelah
Accountant in South Africa
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

customizable and user friendly

Pros:

They allow you to customize your plan according to the size of your organization. Which makes it good value for money Analytics allows you to easily analyse financial position at any time. Built in automatic tax calculations, payslip creation. Easy and always up-to-date HR records. Software allows for greater internal efficiency. (granted that the employees responsible are trained to capture and input data accurately)

Cons:

The initial training on the software can take some time. If your employees do not have prior knowledge of accounting systems, it may prove difficlut to train them on this software. For consistency it would be better to train your Business bookkeeper/payroll admin or Non profit grants administrator to capture accurately and then train everybody else how to understand and access reports that have been generated.

Emily
Director of Finance in US
Civic & Social Organization

Transitioned from Sage 50 to Intacct - 1/1/16 Go Live

Pros:

There are several things I like best about this product and vendor: Product: 1) Cloud service is nice - you can access the product from any location and we have not experienced any down time to date 2) Automatic Allocations allow us to allocate invoices and journal entries upon entry instead of waiting until the end of the month 3) Reports are easy to write and very versatile 4) Dimensional tracking allows you to track more than just an account number for each transaction line item. Reports on dimensions are also great. Vendor: 1) Support is very responsive - it is extremely easy to open a support case and have an issue resolved in the same day.

Cons:

I wish the general ledger reporting was more streamlined. Since we are allocating many of our invoices to multiple dimensions as they are entered, the GL shows multiple lines for each AP invoice. It would be nice if you could summarize by GL account while still allocating to different dimensions, but you cannot. This results in a much longer GL report, but we have adapted by creating additional reports to use in place of the standard GL reports.

Senior Accountant / Sales Analytics in US
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 Employees

Love Sage Intacct

Pros:

Gosh what do we not love! It does everything, the reports are so customizable, and everyone who works there is awesome!

Cons:

What I personally do not like about Intacct is there is no way to see imports that are being uploaded in the queue. Sometimes I upload the same file twice and Intacct doesn't recognize it and I have duplicate files.

4 years ago

Hello, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you are having a positive experience customizing reports within Sage Intacct. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct

Don
VP Finance in US

Generally pleased with Intacct. Have not tested its capabilities yet, but have had good success.

Comments: Ability to run our accounting processes with an easy to maintain product.

Pros:

UI is good. Ease of maintenance. General ease of use. Functionality is adequate and improving. Like the newly develop Contracts module, though pricing was wrong and made our purchase difficult.

Cons:

Reporting package needs help. Have heard and seen hope for better functionality, but have yet to see delivery. Fearful that advanced reporting will be an option, which would not be good! Detailed TB is getting out of control with unnecessary attachment of dimensions to balance sheet accounts. Need to find a way to turn that off (hopeful it can be done).

Sr. Business Analyst in US

The Intacct team is 100% customer success focused

Pros:

The open platform allows us to choose best in breed solutions across the company and then integrate it all together to reflect financials and reporting.

Cons:

If you don't know what you're doing or have a good trainer, it may take a little while to get familiar with the navigation.

4 years ago

Hello, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you find it easy to integrate solutions across the company to reflect financials within Sage Intacct. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct

Marketing Coordinator in US
Legal Services, 501-1,000 Employees

For Purchase Orders & Invoice Tracking

Comments: It works for what we need, but takes longer to use due to it's cluttered UI.

Pros:

It gives you a full database with any information you might need, as long as you can find it, about approval statuses, invoicing history, payment progress.

Cons:

UX/UI is not great, there is a lot of room for improvement. The UI is not very intuitive, there is a lot of extraneous information that clutters the space, I wish there was a way to customize the layout so that we can focus on what's valuable for our purposes. Getting to see payment status is cumbersome, there are far too many clicks to try and figure out when something will be paid out or where a holdup is. Approval status and invoicing history could also be improved. Other than that, just visually updating the interface to be a bit more modern and easy to visually follow/pick out useful information

Ivy
HR Manager in UK
Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 Employees

A powerful,outstanding and popular cloud accounting and financial management tool.

Comments: It's a reliable tool that automates order management.
It's reliable tool for inventory management.
Sage Intacct enhance ease of financial planning,budgeting and forecasting.

Pros:

I like how Sage Intacct automates billing and invoicing process.It's a reliable tool for generating employees payrolls quickly.It's simple to track and manage expenditure with this tool.It's a reliable tool for creating custom financial reports and dashboards.

Cons:

Sage Intacct lacks mobility support as there is no mobile application to use.