Sage Intacct Reviews

• Overall
    4.2 /5
    4.1 /5

About Sage Intacct

The #1 Accounting Software and Financial Management Solution. Built for Finance by Finance

Learn more about Sage Intacct

John W.
Senior Accountant
Internet, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2018

"Decent ERP software for medium, medium-large companies"

Comments: Hard to get used to in the beginning (I transitioned from QuickBooks), but as you get more and more used Intacct can be very resourceful and more powerful than other, more conventional ERP systems.

Pros: All the features, and integration capacity with other software.

Cons: Can be clunky and not user-friendly in not a seasoned user. Some add-on features (like FA modules) have a lot to desire in order to be useful.

Hello John,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you are having a positive experience using Sage Intacct. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

• Reviewed on 10/10/2018
Kat P.
Finance Associate
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2019

"Overall great software for accounting professionals"

Comments: One major problem with some accounting softwares is that the reports needed to perform analysis, checks, etc. are unavailable. Intacct's wide report customization is a great solution to this that has resulted in an overall positive experience with the software.

Pros: For those businesses and organizations looking to step up their accounting software from Quickbooks (or something similar), Sage Intacct is a great solution. While not as intuitive and user friendly as the systems designed for non-accounting professionals, Sage Intacct offers a myriad of features and functionality that is an accounting professional’s dream.
One of the best features of Intacct is its reporting system. Users can run any report they could ever dream of that includes GL, AP, AR, Time & Expenses, Order Entry, Purchasing, etc. Reports are not only customizable, but savable too.
Another great feature of Intacct is that the company is constantly releasing updates, which means the system is always evolving and getting better. Overall, Sage Inacct offers massive capability and is great for organizations who have outgrown smaller systems or who need greater customization.

Cons: For those accustomed to the hand holding of a software like Quickbooks, Sage Intacct can make you feel a bit alone in the woods. It, for the most part, assumes that whoever is using it is an accounting professional, capable of understanding the inner workings of AP, AR, etc. For this reason, I would not recommend the system to those who are unfamiliar with accounting procedures and systems.

by Sage Intacct on 16/05/2019

Thank you for your review, Kat! I'm glad to hear that you're benefiting from the robust reporting within Sage Intacct. If you have any questions or if we can help with anything, please don't hesitate to reach out to Sameera at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 15/05/2019
Toni A.
AVP Finance
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2018

"Customer support was great from the start and the program is flexible in regards to creating reports"

Comments: The software allowed ability to perform accounts payable to issue cheques and to produce financial statements quickly. The 12 month report is very useful to pick up changes to values in account. The budgeting aspect is also useful for variance analysis.

Pros: I like the ability to create the financial reports and also the Dashboard reports. The payables area is easy to perform functions and the year-end close is very simple.

Cons: This program is mainly written for the US market and is not able to create an EFT file (Canadian) that can be uploaded to the bank and create journal entries simultaneously. That would benefit us to make payments that are not by cheque. The "cash" payment types are good because an e-mail can be sent: however still requires for us to do a separate EFT payment on the bank.

Hello Toni,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that have had a good experience with customer support and have been able to take advantage of Sage Intacct's flexibility. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

• Reviewed on 08/05/2018
Finance Manager
  • Reviewed on 05/10/2018

"Sage Intacct product review"

Comments: Overall the system is easy to use and they are constantly making improvements. They are also taking user feedback into consideration and implementing it into new updates every quarter.

Pros: I really like the automatic billing capability, I can now send my invoices in 2 hours instead of 2 days. The level of details in the financial reports is exactly what our company was looking for when we switched to Intacct. The ease of having our expense reporting system and Intacct communicate is super helpful, means less manual work.

Cons: I would like to have more features when I record payments and I can't edit certain transactions. I like to drill down on come of the reports and you can't do that so finding out where that information came from is sometimes a challenge.

Hello,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you are having a positive experience using Sage Intacct and that you're saving time on invoicing. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

• Reviewed on 05/10/2018
David H.
Senior Accountant
  • Reviewed on 17/01/2018

"Flexible, capable, constantly upgrading software."

Pros: Intacct allows for the creation and utilization of any fields desired for your business eliminating the need for the multitude of work-arounds necessary to create detailed reports in other accounting systems. Intacct also has the most capable custom reporting interface I have utilized to date, saving hours of time formerly spent on the extraction, transformation, and production of standard company reports. Other benefits include, ability to import any type of transaction, ability to bulk export all GL transaction data (a personal favorite), a robust API allowing for integration with internal databases, payroll software, etc.

Cons: Initial setup was led by a less experienced implementation specialist which led to difficulties as we began to review and create custom reports accurately. After speaking with a consultant, we determined the issues, corrected them, and have produced real time advanced reports which have provided a level of insight which was unachievable within other accounting software.

• Reviewed on 17/01/2018
Velma H.
CFO
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2018

"I love this product. The customer support is not as efficient and responsive as the product."

Comments: Ease of use, accuracy and best of all efficient integration with other systems of my business.

Pros: I like the integration of the sub-modules and that we can share data efficiently between the various platforms we use without corrupting data integrity.

Cons: The report writer. The system is simply not intuitive unless you use regularly. While some aspects do make reasonable sense once you get back into it, it feels like the system should be more intuitive or perhaps have a working report wizard.

by Sage Intacct on 30/11/2018

Hello Velma,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you're taking advantage of Sage Intacct's integrations. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

• Reviewed on 07/05/2018
Emily P.
Director of Finance
Civic & Social Organization
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2016

"Transitioned from Sage 50 to Intacct - 1/1/16 Go Live"

Pros: There are several things I like best about this product and vendor: Product:
1) Cloud service is nice - you can access the product from any location and we have not experienced any down time to date
2) Automatic Allocations allow us to allocate invoices and journal entries upon entry instead of waiting until the end of the month
3) Reports are easy to write and very versatile
4) Dimensional tracking allows you to track more than just an account number for each transaction line item. Reports on dimensions are also great.
Vendor:
1) Support is very responsive - it is extremely easy to open a support case and have an issue resolved in the same day.

Cons: I wish the general ledger reporting was more streamlined. Since we are allocating many of our invoices to multiple dimensions as they are entered, the GL shows multiple lines for each AP invoice. It would be nice if you could summarize by GL account while still allocating to different dimensions, but you cannot. This results in a much longer GL report, but we have adapted by creating additional reports to use in place of the standard GL reports.

• Reviewed on 01/09/2016
Senior Director Finance and Controller
  • Reviewed on 04/05/2018

"Easy to use product."

Comments: core accounting features.

Pros: UI is easy to use and new users pick up the core functionality quickly. Basic navigation is intuitive and easy to get started.

Cons: Intacct seems to be in a state of change and processes are breaking down. Things that used to be resolved quickly are taking longer to get resolved. Example: We were without an account manager for a couple of months after our AM left Intacct. We had requested some consulting services to implement two modules and the SOWs went months without being prepared. Reports are built as if we would be printing them. I just want to get raw data, not formatted reports and graphs.

• Reviewed on 04/05/2018
Kari V.
VP, Member and Field Relations
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2019

"Great Financial System for Nonprofits"

Pros: As a program manager, this is a great product for staff to be able to oversee individual program budgets. I use it daily to track how things are being coded against my programs and report on my program financials.

Cons: The HR purchase request feature leaves a lot to be desired. It is ok for a basic function but not set up for detailed requests.

by Sage Intacct on 16/04/2019

Hi Kari! Thanks for leaving a review. I'm glad to hear that you're having a positive experience using Sage Intacct and that you're being able to track program budgets. Please don't hesitate to reach out to Sameera at [email protected] with any questions! Thanks again :)

• Reviewed on 12/04/2019
Lorena J.
Staff Accountant
  • Reviewed on 01/05/2018

"Intacct is one of the best accounting programs I've ever worked with. Easy to use."

Pros: Intacct is easy to navigate and user friendly. I can usually find my way through reports and pages without having to use a manual or call support. There are always updates done on the program so it's always running at its best. There are many customizable reports for all different needs and all members of the company. I truly enjoy working with Intacct.

Cons: The only thing I'd like is to have bigger text boxes where I can view the memo descriptions by just rolling my mouse over the box instead of having to click it to see everything.

Brittany D.
Partner
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2017

"Love Intacct"

Comments: streamlined our clients, streamlined our process.

Pros: It is straightforward and user friendly! I love the option to customize so many features and invoice templates/statements/email templates, etc. The functionality they allow you to customize i feel is a major benefit even though it takes major setup sometimes.

Cons: The AP module is a struggle with credits. I know they are working on it but we need more functionality to apply credits. I also hope they will improve the emails that go out from the system and ensure they don't get stuck in people's spam.

• Reviewed on 20/07/2017
Mike R.
VP of Finance
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees

"Intacct"

Pros: Frequent feature updates to improve product effectiveness.

Cons: Having multiple locations, it can be very time consuming to do certain tasks. For example, cutting checks, we have to go into each individual location to select the checks.

by Sage Intacct on 26/11/2018

Hello Mike,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you enjoy the frequent updates and product improvements, Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Isabel G.
Director of Finance
  • Reviewed on 01/05/2018

"It added a high efficiency to our processes"

Pros: How it can email scheduled financial reports, the dashboards accessible for locations financial liaisons and graphs that combine accounting records with statistical metrics. This system has greatly improved the ability to communicate with many local leaders.

Cons: Very rigid with some AP and AR processes. Not intended for non accounting users .
Still unable to clear some credits in the AP aging report. Credits that were given after closing utilities accounts and not able to apply to next invoice.

Kenny M.
Computer Software
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2014

"Implemented in 2013 and using 90% of available modules day-to-day"

Pros: The product has an extreme ease of use aspect to it that can make a finance person highly valuable in the world of business operations. The quarterly feature updates are "meat and potatoes" and not "fluff," which actually impacts its user community. The integration with Salesforce and Avatax to Intacct in the world of purchase to pay (expense reporting and purchasing) and quote to cash (including rev rec) is really cool. The ability to focus on transaction definitions vs. recording manual debits and credits is a huge benefit. 90% of my time can then be spent on more crucial business work and not bookkeeping!

Cons: The user base at Intacct appears to be in large part built with a lot of focus to non-hardware/software manufacturing customers. The way the Inventory module integrates with Order Entry could use some work, specifically around valuation, opening up the ability to grab metadata fields linked to Items, and general reporting (custom or standard). I understand that no product is perfect, but I would love to get more efficiency out of this module.

• Reviewed on 13/03/2014
Recent Graduate
Management Consulting, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/01/2019

"Promising but buggy"

Comments: I like it overall, but has lots of room for improvement

Pros: Having everything on the cloud is great, and it has a bunch of great features that can really streamline your accounting process. Very nice to be able to easily access everything from one system and the ability to save report criteria is great for monthly tasks.

Cons: It can be buggy and slow, and customer support is lacking. Has trouble with multicurrency transactions and does not revalue accounts each month are current FX Rates

• Reviewed on 21/01/2019
Jaclyn L.
Controller
Civic & Social Organization, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/12/2016

"Intacct is awesome!"

Comments: My organization switched from a legacy accounting system to Intacct back in July. I have to say that the migration was more than painful- but all that pain was worth it! The system is awesome! The help feature alone in the system was worth the migration- it was impossible to figure things out on your own in our legacy system- required us to go to consultants when we had issues in processing. Intacct makes it very easy to troubleshoot and figure a lot of your processing issues out on your own. The Dashboards in the system are awesome as well! I am certain that there are more great things to come with this system given we have only been using it 6 months and have not fully explored the potential of the system.

Pros: Help feature, cloud-based (so no install on individual computers), the system is intuitive, dashboards!

Cons: The flow of certain information and how the reports are generated in different modules is not what I expected (based on how our legacy system worked).
Customization of reports is not as easy as originally anticipated.

• Reviewed on 08/12/2016
Salma K.
Accounting Manager
  • Reviewed on 01/05/2018

"Intacct has fundamentally changed the way we handle the financial operations of our company."

Comments: Transparency (audit trail), speed of bringing new acquisitions on to our system of record, and custom reporting.

Pros: It is flexible. Custom fields and reports allow us to parse out the data we need to drive decision making.

Cons: The credit card module and multi-currency functionality. There are some limitations with respect billing back charges on the credit card and depositing funds to a foreign bank account.

Amanda R.
Civic & Social Organization
  • Reviewed on 07/09/2016

"This product has been great!!"

Pros: The software is user friendly and I like the feature of attaching documents. Really speeds up the process vs looking to files to get the needed info. Also I like the ability to issue ACH payments, this has been very helpful in speeding up our payable process. another great quality is the ability to look at all of our entities from one level.

Cons: I do not like that to access attachments on invoices you have to open the invoice entry first. It would be nice to have a filter that allows this from the bill list screen. I also do not like that there was a current update within Intacct or Microsoft where now i have to take additional steps to export GL to excel. It would also be helpful to have more than one report open at a time.

• Reviewed on 07/09/2016
Jason G.
VP of Finance
  • Reviewed on 02/05/2018

"Great and fantastic software. Easy to use and implement."

Pros: The way that you can use the software in a creative manner and not just as a GL program as most programs require. The flexibility of the dimensions are a key for us.

Cons: The software is fantastic. With the ability to be creative you also have to have great controls in place when you do some processes that are outside of the box type ideas.

• Reviewed on 02/05/2018
Amanda G.
Staff Accountant
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2017

"Very user friendly, and multiple dashboards for all aspects of business"

Pros: Easy reporting functions that help us analyze every aspect of our business on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis. Customizable dashboards also allow team members to keep track of what is most important to them.

Cons: Limited access and functionality without a premium subscription requires workarounds to accomplish certain tasks.

• Reviewed on 01/11/2017
Connie L.
Controller
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2018

"Intacct Review"

Comments: Sage Intacct is a good software, it's not too hard to set up and get running. It's functional and a fair deal for the price.

Pros: It has a lot of functionality for a mid-sized business - and a lot of helpful instructions.

Cons: The report writing isn't very intuitive. Also lots of extra added charges for extra functionality.

by Sage Intacct on 11/12/2018

Hello Connie,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you're taking advantage of the robust functionality of Sage Intacct. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

• Reviewed on 06/12/2018
Performing Arts, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/05/2018

"Intacct is very robust, and my company is only scratching the surface of its capabilities!"

Pros: I like that it is very user friendly and the administration of users/permissions is straight-forward.

Cons: I dislike the custom report builder and the lack of customization available on standard reports. It was been frustrating trying to design reports that seem like they should be very easy and standard in most systems. Also, some of the modules don't work as well as they were advertised in the sales demo.

Colin H.
Team Lead, Billing
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"Billing"

Comments: It was intuitive.

Pros: I can create manual invoices with ease. That's pretty cool.

Cons: I can't create credits that only apply to sales tax.

by Sage Intacct on 26/11/2018

Hello Colin,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you can easily create manual invoices, Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Sean S.
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2017

"My company switched to Intacct from QuickBooks and we shortened our month end close from 7 days to 5 days!"

Comments: I would highly recommend using this product!

Pros: It is easy to use, and very intuitive. We ultimately shortened our month end close from 7 days to 5 days through improved efficiency in the new software.

Cons: As with any new product, we suffered a very brief learning curve. Ultimately, we were able to adjust, and we have no other complaints!

Lawrence T.
Program Associate
Philanthropy, 2-10 Employees

"Intacct Review"

Pros: Very easy to navigate, and ensure that checks and credit card transactions are accounted for. Managing budgets, providing reports on spending to date, Intacct has made our accounting policies much simpler and easier to understand

Cons: There are some issues with the the permissions given, but I work around it by consulting my supervisor