15 years helping Singaporean businesses

About Webex

Webex brings together Calling, Meeting and Messaging modes of collaboration into a seamless, inclusive and intelligent experience.

Learn more about Webex

Pros:

As a part of University community, I enjoy the paid version for free. It is good for holding meetings with a very large attendees.

Cons:

I was just annoyed once to see how badly the outlook worked with it.

Webex ratings

4.3
4.2
4.3
4.2

8.0/10

Webex has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 6,942 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Webex before?

Filter reviews (6,942)

IT Director in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11–50 Employees

Host Meetings Professionally!

Comments: Cisco WebEx keeps our meetings professional for both internal users and clients we work with! We've noticed that most people are familiar with the software and have used it before so it makes hosting meetings even easier.

Pros:

WebEx is really easy to use and setup! From both the view point of the admin setting up a meeting or an end user who was invited to a meeting, it's all really simple! I especially enjoy how WebEx will automatically adjust for time zone changes since many meetings I'm joining or hosting are with people on the other side of the country. Screen sharing also works really well, usually I'd experience some bandwidth issues with other software but for some reason WebEx works wonderfully!

Cons:

The only con I can think of is that sometimes if I'm joining a meeting that I have scheduled in my Google Calendar it won't work correctly. It should be able to load the meeting invite and join as intended but I usually find myself having to manually enter the meeting ID, attendee ID, and passcode.

Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees

Best-in-class corporate audio/ video meetings and chat

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Exceptional chat/ audio/ video platform for corporations.

Pros:

The overall product robustness, quality, and security. The corporate look-&-feel. The smooth and user-experience oriented intragration with Google Calendar. One single app for all (Cisco Webex app). The PC client and mobile app sync.

Cons:

Hard to find one since it has met all the requirements.

Ennio
ASPP in Italy
Civil Engineering, 2–10 Employees

WEBEX EASY TO SHARE EASY TO CALL

3.0 6 days ago New

Pros:

It is an excellent program for organizing video calls but also for following lessons

Cons:

It is not as intuitive and easy to use as some similar programs

Yazan
Sr Collaboration Engineer in Saudi Arabia
Computer Networking, 51–200 Employees

webex best meeting platform

5.0 last month New

Comments: very good experience I prefer webex rather than zoom or Microsoft teams

Pros:

video conferencing screen sharing control remote desktop with copy/paste feature noise cancellation for background noise and background speech

Cons:

sometimes they change the GUI which make it harder to user/ not very user friendly

Tucker
Financial Planner in Canada
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

Using WebEx for calling, nothing else

Comments: I have had no issues with WebEx, nothing negative or overly positive experience, you get what you pay for

Pros:

Ease of use and mobile usage as well as computer use.

Cons:

Other features are clunky, user interface could be nicer.

Vince
IT Director in US
Textiles, 51–200 Employees

Webex helps us connect with the world

5.0 6 days ago New

Comments: Using Webex for years, I have figured out all the little tricks to making it useful no matter where I am at.

Pros:

The interface is very familiar and easy to use. For both desktop and mobile users it's easy to create and hold meetings anywhere.

Cons:

Sometimes when doing screen sharing, with multiple monitors it can be difficult to select the right thing to share.

Raunak
Operations intern in India
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Video conferencing Tool

5.0 last month New

Comments: I like using Webex. It's easy to use and has many helpful features for working together online. The video and sound quality are good, and I find the screen sharing feature useful for showing presentations. I also feel my information is safe with the security measures in place.

Pros:

Webex has many useful tools for working together. It lets us have clear video calls, share the screen, and allow remote access too. We can store files safely and chat instantly. It's easy to use and keeps everything secure, which makes it great for teamwork, no matter where we are.

Cons:

There is nothing I dislike about Webex. It is a simple and easy-to-use tool. However, it requires an internet connection to access.

Swaibu
AWS solutions architect associate in Tanzania
Architecture & Planning, 11–50 Employees

Team communication

4.0 last week New

Pros:

It's very accessible to communicate with my team

Cons:

Webex is easy to use in the communication

James
Music Manager in Canada
Music, 2–10 Employees

Steve Rob Music - Webex Review

5.0 last week New

Pros:

Webex is a very easy to use platform. It has a very nice dashboard design, and it also allows our organization users to customize different settings easily, such as profile, out of office, etc.

Cons:

Webex is expensive, but we were able to do a bit of work to make sure it functions within our organization. We also noticed that the ringtones are very limited. It would be great to upload ringtones or customize them.

Alaa
Technical Team Leader in Jordan
Computer & Network Security, 11–50 Employees

Webex Review

3.0 last month New

Pros:

easy to use, easy to mute/unmute the mic

Kelly
Owner in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

The most reliable conferencing software out there

Comments: After having tried several other products, I have come back to WebEx time and time again.

Pros:

I use Webex to teach continuing education courses at my local community college. I actually pay for an account out of my own pocket after having so much trouble with the software the college provided. Webex is very consistent. It's rare that a student has trouble getting on. It allows me to share my screen, record sessions, track attendance, use breakouts, share files and video. Really, anything I've needed to do. The phone app is very good and I've had to use it when my power went out during class. I just hopped on the mobile app and finished teaching from my phone.

Cons:

The only downfall of the software is that users have to download a plugin to use it on their computer. Rarely do any of my students have an issue with it. However, people seem more resistant to downloading things these days and some of them do complain about it.

Claire
Senior Social Media Editor in US
Online Media, 51–200 Employees

Excellent Webex Experience

Comments: Overall, Webex is a great choice for businesses looking for a reliable video conferencing platform. The audio and video quality are excellent, the features are comprehensive, and the interface is easy-to-use. The only downside is the cost, which can be prohibitive for some businesses.

Pros:

Webex is an easy-to-use and reliable platform for video conferencing, with a wide range of features that make it a great choice for businesses. The interface is intuitive and the video and audio quality are excellent, making it an ideal choice for remote meetings.

Cons:

The only downside is the cost, which can be quite expensive for larger organizations. Additionally, the setup can be time consuming and sometimes difficult for those who are not tech-savvy.

Hossein
Electrical Engineer in US
Higher Education, 501–1,000 Employees

Webex is an efficient video/audio call software for professional meetings

Comments: Overall, it is a very great group call and messaging software. I would recommend using it for businesses meetings in a professional setting.

Pros:

I have used webex for years, and I barely have had any issues with it. Voice call, video call, screen sharing, and messaging features are great. It is very quick to connect. You can also have webinars with a lot of attendees on webe. You can restrict permission as the owner of the event on webex. The meetings can be added in your calander and you get notifications before the meetings start, so you have a good track of time. It is great especially for employees working remotely.

Cons:

There is no specific dislike I have for webex. I would suggest they improve the sync between desktop version and mobile version. Sometimes my apps in two devices do not sync properly and I do not get notifications on one of the devices (chat notification or call notification)

Ozgur
Product Development Supervisor in Türkiye
Automotive, 10,000+ Employees

The best conferencing tool so far with audio, screen or video sharing features

Comments: I'm very happy with Cisco WebEx. Outlook integration makes the life very easy for the meetings. You can easily do the meeting management within your outlook. WebEx productivity tool enables you to access your agenda and shows what's next. By this way even outlook is closed you can manage your agenda or meetings. Mobile platform apps works properly and integrate you while on business travel. Sure there are some things to improve; but it is the best software I've experienced so far for meeting organizations. Interface is very elegant and attractive too.

Pros:

WebEx have several tools like MS Outlook add-on and Productivity tool. These really make the office life easier while you are working during the day. Add-on is easily integrated to MS Outlook. By clicking meet now, you can easily create instant link and forward by mail, also by schedule meeting ribbon you to can easily add link invitation note. You can use productivity tool from the desktop and use all features with a small interface. User controls are good and can be easily managed. Mobile platform usage is a very big opportunity. I'm using IOS version of WebEx app most of the time while I'm away from the office. It is very convenient and easy to connect. You can use almost all the features.

Cons:

One of the issues with WebEx is that it causes lag after sharing screen long time or when taking over other users' screen. If you are using headset (directly from your IP or land phone) then the audio quality is perfect; but if you are using only computer to connect, then voice quality drops significantly. Another issue is the connectivity problem with the WebEx server. This happens rarely; but you probably end up with cancelling te meeting. Interface is very elegant; but I somehow have difficulty to use some features, e.g. taking or giving control or annotate screen.

Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

Solid platform for setting up internal and external meetings, with a few drawbacks

Comments: Aside from the few drawbacks mentioned above, overall I have had a relatively good experience using Cisco WebEx for both team as well as client meetings. It's easy to share the dial-in information with the clients, schedule meetings, and set up calls using different rooms. In the future, if there is a way to allow an original host to EXIT a meeting without ending the call altogether, that would be very helpful.

Pros:

I use WebEx meetings almost daily for work - for both internal and external check-ins. Pretty straightforward navigation, once you get the hang of setting up a room (either personal or client-facing) the platform is quite easy to navigate. At my meeting we have WebEx integrated with peoples' calendars, so when I schedule a meeting on WebEx it allows me to easily see my coworkers' availability which is definitely a plus - good ease of integration with other applications. Interface is simple enough that the main functions (setting up a meeting, sharing meeting info) are easy to use and I have not had issues with this software unexpectedly crashing which is an added bonus.

Cons:

One of my main gripes is regarding shared rooms (ex. other members on your team are able to start/stop the meeting if you're unavailable). One of the recurring issues with shared rooms is that they all use the same call-in number and pin. With that said, if there are back-to-back meetings using the same room, and the earlier meeting runs over, we run the risk of clients calling into a call that is still going on, which creates confusion and can have us coming off as unprofessional. I have avoided this issue in the past by creating internal check-ins using my own personal room, however the drawback to this is that - if I'm unavailable for any reason - the meeting cannot be started by anyone other than myself. For back-to-back meetings, if there's a way for new users to be put into a waiting room until AFTER the previous meeting has completed ended, that may avoid these issues in the future. Another issue is that if I set up simultaneous meetings in both my personal and shared rooms, there is no way I can remove myself from the first meeting without it ending the call altogether. I have not found a way to assign someone else as the host, so if there have been simultaneous meetings (where I am just listening in the background) I have had to juggle this by calling into one meeting using my laptop, and calling into the second using my phone. It works, but it's not very efficient.

Computer Software, 501–1,000 Employees

Best Tools for meeting setup in IT Industry

Comments: Personal Advantage and views :-
1) This software tool is available for mobile and Desktop. So it's making big difference for me. Whenever I want to connect my work meeting from home or some another location then I can join easily by mobile app. The mobile app is very important in case of electricity has disconnected at your home at a time of WFH and if you are working on desktop from your home then it's making big difference. The quality of voice and content on mobile app is same as desktop.
** Overall I liked this Cisco Webex tools very much for meeting purpose in software. I will recommend to other organization to use this tools. Thanks to Cisco for making such beautiful project.

Pros:

1) Easy to use: Any common user can use this tools in easy manner. No need to do some extra effort. You only need to click given link in meeting. Then it will automatically download required meeting setup and then it will redirect you in a meeting. After joining the meeting your are able to see all participants in your meeting and who are speaking as well. So it's give better clarity for meeting members in understanding. 2) Audio/Voice Quality : I like Webex voice. The voice is very clear in your meeting. If you have less internet speed in that case you also able to listen your team member voice. 3) Shared content Quality: The Webex is giving power to share your screen in meeting. The quality of share content is very good. Other team members are able to see content very easily. 4)Different way to connect Audio in meeting: I like many audio option to connect a meeting. if you internet audio is not working then you able to connect by mobile call. 5) Able to see all participant on one screen and who is speaking this indication also able to see.

Cons:

I have one point in Cons. Which related to cisco Webex Mobile app update from google play store. When we are updating this mobile app then we are facing some issue to connecting the meeting. All the filled details has been gone and you have to reenter those. It's means you have to keep your all details with you before updating this app. like you login name, Webex Url etc.

Pressilla
Broker in US
Insurance, 2–10 Employees

Great Video & Audio Quality

Comments: I totally love incorporating this software into my weekly business meetings and sometimes for meeting with clients. It is super easy to use for the clients as well. Love that there is nothing to download or install for people who are suspicious of viruses. Quality of the video and audio are truly amazing and makes my presentations flawless.

Pros:

I use this software for video conference meetings. The HD video is of high quality and the sound quality is really great. Since our company is small, the free version works well since we can have up to 100 participants with no charge. The best part for me is that there is nothing to install or download for users. You just click a button and join the meeting. They offer additional packages at reasonable rates for company's that need more features. They allow you to use the free Webex meetings plan without entering a credit card so that's amazing. Whenever you are ready to upgrade to a paid plan, then you can enter payment. That is a big peace of mind for someone like me. It is super easy to use on my PC or mobile device. There are also tons of interactive tools so that your guests can participate and the layout is easy on the eyes and attractive.

Cons:

It doesn't have the capability for you to include a user anonymously, which was a downfall for us because sometimes administration may need to queue in on the meeting for observation or feedback without making your guests nervous. The virtual background features are limited and not as vibrant as other similar programs. Also there is no notification sound when someone raises their hand, so you have to pay attention to your screen throughout presentation.

papa arona
warehouse officer in Senegal
Logistics & Supply Chain, 1,001–5,000 Employees

great online meeting tool

Comments: Webex has a simple user interface and provides access to meeting options as soon as you enter its dashboard. Simply select the "Schedule a Meeting" option, then choose any meeting template to set up a meeting.
Meeting participation and collaboration is also made easy. You can send invitations with instructions to attendees on how to join the meeting in an invitation email, along with the meeting password.
The platform allows you to join the meeting from your computer system, mobile device or video system. You can also join the meeting directly from the browser, without installing the application or creating an account with Webex.
Setting up the webinar is easy, and you can do so directly from the dashboard by clicking on the "Host an event" option. Webex also allows you to record the webinar for later viewing and provides real-time technical support during the webinar.
You can also choose how to connect to audio, mute or unmute your microphone, and turn your video on or off before joining a meeting. In addition, you can select audio options such as "computer audio," "call me" and "call audio" when using the Webex Meetings app.
Webex Analytics is an option that gives you access to interactive graphs and data visualizations that describe details such as usage and adoption trends. There's even an option to install all reports in a CSV file.Other features include real-time translation in over 100 languages, screen sharing, displaying your screen status, notes, and more.

Pros:

- Webex has a simple user interface and provides access to meeting options as soon as you enter its dashboard. - Webex has a blog full of useful articles, an FAQ section and offers experts help. - Webex has essential features including HD video, screen sharing, in-app voice, joining a meeting from any video system, chat and more. - Interactive participation with annotation tools and whiteboards. - Advanced meeting analytics to provide insight into what happened with your participants. - Host an unlimited number of meetings.

Cons:

- Not suitable for large scale webinars. - You must subscribe to additional plans to host multiple meetings simultaneously.

Scott
Director Financial Optimization in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,000+ Employees

Versatile tool for today's business environment!

Comments: Business problems are really discussed in the "pros" section above. Many in our company are now able to work from home for multiple days of the week on a permanent basis. Having a tool like Webex helps make this possible and I see it leading to cost savings as office space shrinks in the future. I'm very happy with the tool and enjoy its use.

Pros:

With the new work from home push brought on from the COVID 19 pandemic, we needed to find tools that would facilitate the new normal. Webex is a great tool that we use for multiple applications. 1. We use this for internal chat back and forth within the company. This tool provides instant messaging that is faster than e-mail and more likely to be read by the user. 2. It is very good for web conferencing. This tool and others like it save on travel costs by allowing group meetings with people from all over the world to collaborate - face to face if the cameras are used. It is so much better than the expensive, clunky video conferencing equipment from 10-15 years ago. In addition to the web conferences, you can share your screen and do a live demo when conducting training on an ERP or other software applications. 3. VOIP - for me, working from home is a mixed blessing. One of the issues I have with working at home is that my cell service is very spotty in my home (we have cut the cord and only have cellular) Using Webex for VOIP yields a clearer signal than my cell phone and the cost is low for the VOIP services. 4. Security - our IT team evaluated this and found it to meet security requirements to allow use. (One of two collaboration/meeting tools allowed)

Cons:

I don't have much that I dislike on this tool. One thing that can be a problem is that I have multiple tools we use for web conferencing and chat messages. Between checking two chat boxes plus e-mail and handling live calls and web conferences, it is easy to miss a message with so many ways to send them. I sometimes fail to see that I have a Webex message until hours or sometimes days later.

Arpan
Email Marketing Expert in US
Events Services, 11–50 Employees

Effortless File and Screen Sharing: Streamline Collaboration with Webex

Comments: I like Webex because of its wide range of features and ease of use. It allows for easy collaboration between colleagues, even across different countries. With the ability to set up a meeting in minutes, it eliminates the need for long setup times before meetings. The interface is also incredibly user friendly and intuitive which makes it easy to learn how to use quickly. Additionally, I really appreciate that it offers both video conferencing and instant messaging capabilities, allowing users to have more than one way of communicating with each other. Webex has robust security features such as built-in encryption and password protection which give me peace of mind when using the platform for sensitive conversations or data sharing. Finally, I love that Webex integrates with many third-party tools like Dropbox or Google Drive so teams can share documents easily during their virtual meetings without having to switch applications constantly. All in all, Webex is an excellent tool that enables efficient remote collaboration while keeping everyone secure at the same time!

Pros:

1.Easy and convenient file sharing.2.Seamless screen sharing during meetings.3.Remote access and control capabilities.4.High-quality video conferencing.5.Reliable and stable platform performance.6.User-friendly interface and intuitive controls.7.Interactive collaboration tools & Robust security features.8.Integration with other productivity tools and applications.9.Excellent customer support and technical assistance.

Cons:

Webex's seamless experience and robust features have significantly improved my ability to collaborate, communicate, and engage with others, making it an invaluable tool in my professional endeavors.

Ravinder
Ravinder
Consutant in India
Legal Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Cisco Webex - one of the best tool to conduct online virtual meeting with great security

Comments: Being a legal service company and as per the company’s legal compliance, we have chosen the Cisco WebEx. In terms of legal compliance, the security of Cisco WebEx is quite good. We generally use it to conduct an online meetings with vendors and clients.

Pros:

Cisco WebEx is the one-stop solution for online virtual meetings. Cisco Webex features include document, application and desktop sharing, Integrated audio and VOIP for toll-free calling, and Video Conferencing. Online meetings can be recording, editing, and played back later for retrieve useful information. The best feature I like is audio to text transcripts that WebEx creates for each meeting. So, you can choose to automatically receive recording transcriptions and you don’t have to focus on making notes during your meeting. Webex support integration with popular other software including Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office, IBM Lotus Notes and other IM solutions. Cisco WebEx is a cloud bases solution and meetings can be joined using desktop, browser, or mobile device with any client or additional plug-ins. Audio and Video quality are good and reduces background noises which may cause distractions. Cisco WebEx provides industry-leading security to each meeting held on its platform.

Cons:

The mobile app seems to have functionalities as compared to the desktop app. The issue with audio and video over slower networks can be improved. Integration with third-party software can be improved. It usually takes time if you drop off in an ongoing meeting and then tries to rejoin again.

Noureen
Noureen
Corporate Human Resources in India
Staffing & Recruiting, 501–1,000 Employees

Revolutionizing Virtual Meetings with Webex.

Comments: Webex is generally considered a reliable and feature-rich video conferencing tool. Its high-quality video and audio, ease of use, security features, and integration capabilities make it a popular choice for remote teams and virtual meetings.

Pros:

Webex is a powerful and reliable video conferencing tool that offers a wide range of features to make remote collaboration and communication easy and efficient. One of the key advantages of using Webex is the high-quality video and audio, which ensures that all participants can hear and see each other clearly, even in large group meetings. Additionally, Webex offers a variety of features such as screen sharing, recording, chat, whiteboarding, and virtual backgrounds that make it easy to collaborate and communicate effectively with others.The ease of use of Webex is another major advantage, with a simple and intuitive interface that is easy to navigate, even for users with limited technical expertise. Additionally, Webex takes security seriously and offers various security measures such as end-to-end encryption, password protection, and data privacy features.Webex can also be integrated with other tools such as Microsoft Teams, Slack, and Google Workspace, making it easy to work seamlessly across different platforms. Another advantage of Webex is its scalability, which means that it can be used by teams of any size, from small businesses to large corporations.

Cons:

Limited Free Plan: The free version of Webex has some limitations, including a maximum meeting duration of 50 minutes.Heavy Resource Usage: Webex can use a lot of system resources, which may cause slower performance or freezing on older computers.Limited Customization: The customization options in Webex are limited, which may be a concern for businesses that want to brand their meetings.

Samridh
Samridh
Electrical Engineer II in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 501–1,000 Employees

Some issues so far but overall not bad

Comments: Overall a good product but I think they need to address the issues of people cutting in and out during presenting and also make the product more intuitive.

Pros:

I like that this product is very intuitive. I can download plugins and sync it to my outlook directly. For someone who keeps forgetting about upcoming meetings and need reminders now ad again the webex plugin comes very handy. Cisco webex pops up small notification on the bottom right of the screen with time left to meeting and direct link to also joining the meeting. The best feature I like is that I can start the meeting directly from my pop up and it takes me straight to it. Cisco webex has two main platforms the regular meeting with your own room or team meetings. I use the my room meetings 99% of the time. It also allows a lot of participants to join in. It is more the 100 and I don't think anyone wll have any issue regarding hitting the max capacity. You can see videos of people in the meeting if they have enabled it. Also whoever is speaking their video pops up as the main video which is nice. The organizer can mute people and also give the authority of presentation, mouse and keyboard. The most unique feature I found was if you are the organizer after certain time you can lock your room and people would need permission to join in. I think that was really nice addition as it helps make meetings secure and more private.

Cons:

I have had many issues with video feedback. They are either slow sluggish or sometimes they do cut in and out. Due to this during ongoing meeting I cannot follow the presenter step by step. I have been told it is usually the presenter's internet issue but it has happened multiple times with different presenters. I had to get my head around how the meeting scheduling works as it was not obvious right away. Sending the meeting invite with the phone number and link information is weird. One has to type in @webex to add the information but instead of always appearing on my message it appears after I have sent the email to all. I would like to make sure it is there before I send it which doesn;t seem to be an option.

Prince
Senior Consultant in US
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

Webex just WORKS!

Comments: Overall I am quite pleased. The current company I work for uses three different meeting tools and I always am pleased when I see Webex being the chosen tool. The others always seem to have some kind of trouble.

Pros:

The best thing I really have come to admire about Webex over anything other such as Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business, or even Slack is that it just works. No matter which device you're using or where you're connecting from, it works. Everyone's voice is always clear and you can easily tell who is speaking or sharing. The placement of every item is well thought out and I can't stress this enough, it just works! Best of all, regular updates reassure me that bugs are being taken care of while more innovation is implemented.

Cons:

There isn't much I can think of that would be a con from Cisco's side. I had an older car where the sound would not play through my bluetooth but I don't blame Webex for that. They can't account for every car's audio system. Once in a blue moon a recurring webex meeting will just not work and claim to "not exist" but easy fix to just resend a meeting invite. Other than that, no other downsides I can think of.

WebEx Meeting Center better than Business Link

Comments: WebEx Meeting Center is the best software out there that is good for companies with 10,000+ employees. It is seamless and is easy to use. Never had any issues using this software!

Pros:

When I started working, I was first introduced in using "Business Link" whenever we have client calls or conference bridge calls, and I thought that is already a great application used for conferences. However, when I transferred to Conduent (formerly known as Xerox) from Convergys, I now use WebEx Meeting Center whenever I do client calls, and conference calls with team members spread throughout the globe, and it surpassed my expectations. I or we (in the company) never had any problems using WebEx Meeting Center. WebEx Meeting Center is an easy to use software that lets you connect with people all around the globe at once without any worries of line interruption, inconvenient dialing-in process, and downtimes. WebEx Meeting Center lets team members record conference meetings and training, and this is very helpful since it provides us a video or file that we can cling to just in case we want to review what transpired on the call. Its video capability is also beneficial for me as a workforce manager since I can assess non-verbal cues of my clients, subordinates, and bosses.

Cons:

This software is very convenient to use, and I think I can't ask for more, and I never had any problems using this software so I guess this is N/A for me.