15 years helping Singaporean businesses

About Omnitracs

Helps businesses in the transportation industry reduce distribution costs, decreasing routing time, and improving customer service.

Learn more about Omnitracs

Pros:

Easy to use, intuitive design. Great support staff when there is an issue.

Omnitracs ratings

3.6
3.3
3.6
3.3

5.6/10

Omnitracs has an overall rating of 3.5 out 5 stars based on 45 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Omnitracs before?

Brett
Transportation Manager in US
Food & Beverages, 201–500 Employees

Excellent Routing & Dispatching Solution

Comments: Our company has utilized Omnitracs Roadnet for years now and have been very happy with the product and the continual updates and improvements that have gone into the product. After staring out with the routing only, we quickly realized there were gains to be made by outlining Omnitracs Roadnet Mobilecast which allowed us to gather data on our customer deliveries and driver performance. We utilize the data to better project future deliveries and we run reports for drivers to measure how they are doing and where they could improve. On a daily basis, it is helpful to know where your fleet is and to provide customers and customer service any information they may need to make better decisions about their work day. On occasion, we find the maps could use updating, but the software does allow you to make edits. We are happy to continue using this software and to see where the future goes with the Roadnet Anywhere upgrade.

Pros:

Ease of use Reporting Mobile view

Cons:

Maps can be out of date Learning curve to really get the best out of the software

Ronda
Operations Manager in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Plumbing & Heating Contractor

Comments: Overall the technicians are on-time. Since installing Roadnet they don't dilly dally as much as they used to or want too.

Pros:

Omnitracs - Roadnet is great for my company. I can track our employees to see where they are at, at any given time. I can get all sorts of reports on speeding, harsh cornering and harsh braking.

Cons:

When looking at the maps, and you have more than one truck. You can't go back to that truck on that screen. You have to keep going back to the Fleet screen wait for it to reload then pcik the truck.

Richard
safety in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501–1,000 Employees

Omnitracs

1.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: not good, we were over charged, the system didnt perform what was promised and or stated.

Pros:

That we replaced it with a much better product.

Cons:

To expensive, very slow servers, cameras are very expensive and clunky to operate, install, etc.

Kim
Office Manager/Dispatcher in US

Very happy

Comments: We have been very happy with Omnitracs. As I said, it has been very easy to set up and use as well as easy to instruct new drivers in the use of the product. It has been a great way to stay compliant with very little to no hassle.

Pros:

The Omnitracs software has been a great, easy fix for us. We tried another option first but were very unhappy because we needed a product that was affixed permanently in the truck (because we slip seat) and that was easy for our drivers who don't do a lot of work on computers.

Cons:

The systems were pretty easy to set up in the trucks and get online and working. We have had a couple of times when updates were running that affected the system and drivers while they are on the road but since we are on the road 24/7 like most trucking companies, there really isn't a down time that would be good to do this.

Lori
Ops Mgr in US

Omnitracs ELD

Comments: Omnitracs is very attentive and customer service is excellent. When you are on the road and run into any
issues they are quick to help and correct.

Pros:

The Omnitracs ELD was a must for us. We need reliable equipment to track HOS for our drivers and also track our vehicles. Simple to use simple to set up .

Cons:

Depending on where we are located in the US connectivity can be an issue. this is the only fault we have with the ELD device.

Tom
Manager in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Poor customer service.

Comments: Awful. customer service is the worst. wont return phone calls. Wont take back unit. They admit wrong and wont do anything about it.

Pros:

nothing. if it would have worked, the in truck mount is what I wanted

Cons:

never worked correct. shuts off in chicago and starts back up in MA. 5 minute ping time is way to long.customer service sucked

RACHELLE
DRIVER SERVICES MANAGER in Canada
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201–500 Employees

IVG/MCP REVIEWS

Comments: GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM THAT CARE ABOUT GETTING YOU THE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS

Pros:

EASY TO USE, USER FRIENDLY. DRIVERS LIKE THAT YOU CAN GO TO AN IVG AND MCP AND THE SCREENS STILL LOOK THE SAME

Cons:

LOTS OF MALFUNCTIONS. MOST RECENTLY A LOT OF DRIVERS ARE SAYING THEIR MACHINES ARE SHUTTING DOWN WHILE DRIVING TO PREFORM AN UPDATE.

Kent
president in US

Feedback

Comments: Too long of wait times

Pros:

Somewhat easy to use. Hard to get things transferred though

Cons:

More ease to use and let know when updates are completed

Jamie
Director of Compliance / Asset Manager in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201–500 Employees

Omnitracs ELD

Comments: Decent ELD product but there are probably better alternatives.

Pros:

Decent ELD reporting and GPS location functionality.

Cons:

Very hard to use. Reporting is confusing and lacks enough features. Very poor customer service from Omnitracs tech support. Not accurate. Outages have caused major headaches.

Operations manager in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51–200 Employees

Only way to go

Comments: System is very user friendly and easy to understand. Great support team. In the office or on the go, Omnitracs has the tools to get the job done.

Pros:

Easy to understand

Cons:

Mobile app not offered

Matt
Information Technology Manager in US
Wholesale, 51–200 Employees

It works

Comments: The sole reason we got Omnitracs was for compliance. We use the most basic features but yet we do not always benefit from features we never had in the paper log days and we did just fine. I will say that I have tried two other platforms that did not have an option to wire the ELD computer right to the ECM and used a Bluetooth ELD paired to a smart device and that was a nightmare in regards to lost connections. With Omnitracs IVG you never have those lost connections because they do not use Bluetooth. I saw the value in the wired connection after the 2nd ELD solution I tried in mid 2017. Now I am starting to see that these units are starting to have degraded performance and I cannot help but to think it is because of new features that the ELD firmware requires.

Pros:

Omnitracs was highly recommended by some veteran truck drivers here that said they had a great experience with 'Qualcomm' electronic logs and when I found out that Omnitracs IVG was just the newest version of the same basic Qualcomm MCP units these drivers were already familiar with I knew this would be a good fit for our company because word of mouth means everything and if no one says a product is great the driving staff typically will not show interest in the platform or even be reluctant to learn how to use it.

Cons:

The customer/services portal has improved slightly but overall its very dated. The IVG units we purchased in late 2017 have downloaded and installed many updates since the initial AOBRD software that they came with. Once the firmware updates that deemed these IVG units to be ELD compliant I noticed the complaints about how extremely slow the computers increased dramatically and now not a single driver is in favor of the IVG ELD because of this. I know that over time all computers seem to be slower than when they were purchased but it's not like these units are running a newer version of Windows Mobile than when they were released. Overall speed has become an issue because I deal with a lot of route sales/delivery drivers and they are already in a crunch to service their route in under 14 hours a day with normal everyday road conditions and they complain constantly that the ELD slows them down even more.

Jerry
Safety Manager in US

Review

Comments: Overall Omnitracs is ok but needs to work on making it more user friendly. Also speed of getting to different pages is slow. It has the feeling of internet from more then 5 years ago.

Pros:

Omnitracs has very clear and readable logs. Driver can see quickly where he is in his cycle. Dispatcher or administrator can see drivers whole 7 days logs on one screen which helps to determine if the driver is able to take care of particular load. Very easy to determine times of arrival to pickups or delivery. Easy and quick in getting IFTA record.

Cons:

The most annoying is the way Qtracs shows the position of the truck. For example instead of saying that the truck is at 179 South St West Hartford it will tell you that it is 6.93 miles NNE of A&M in Berlin, CT (41.724444, -72.728055) which is very confusing and you need to find other ways to determine exact position of the truck.

Bob
Fleet Manager in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201–500 Employees

Do not do business with this company

Comments: Will never do business with this company again

Pros:

software was sufficient, tech support is non-existent

Cons:

Bought the hardware, when we stopped service, Omnitracts decommissioned all rendering purchased hardware useless/worthless

Keisha
Log Team Supervisor in US

XRS System Review

Pros:

At the time that we used it was pretty user-friendly and the interface was easy for our drivers to navigate.

Cons:

Omnitracs was great at first but after a while of frequent system malfunctions and updates the system started to get confusing for the drivers to where it was not as easy to navigate.

Alex
Owner in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11–50 Employees

Very bad bill department and sell manager doesn’t care.

Pros:

I’m not putting nothing positive since the comunicatiin with customers very bad.

Cons:

I’m getting charge for 51 units for over a year, I’m running only 43 trucks and still getting charge for 51, I call bill department and they say they can’t do nothing, I call the sell manager [sensitive content hidden] and he say he can’t do nothing about it and he’ll send an email to the bill department and bill departments not calling me, I called over 25 times in the pass 3 months and nobody cares, very bad company and I Reported to FedEx Safety already, besides that they can’t charge my bill from my account.

Kenleigh
Training Coordinator in US
Retail, 201–500 Employees

Fulfilled our needs

Comments: Overall we've had a positive experience with Omnitracs. I don't personally have a great frame of reference for comparison, but I can't imagine there's something significantly better for our needs out there as this checks all the boxes.

Pros:

Omnitracs was reliable and offered everything we needed from a technology stance. Tracking of vehicles was effective and was helpful in normal operations and emergency situations (we could tell emergency services nearly exactly where the truck was if the driver was unreachable). Audits and searches were generally easy to use and gave you the information you were seeking. The website has some helpful resources, and the singular time I reached out for assistance the process was smoother than expected and I was pleased with their help.

Cons:

The admin side of Omnitracs was clunky at times. There are still boxes/features that most folks aren't sure how to use or what they're for. It isn't as intuitive as some software, but that doesn't detract from the functionality.

Tasneem
Director in Canada
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2–10 Employees

Omitracs keeps us on track

Comments: Easy to use and customer service is very helpful - sales should be 24/7

Pros:

The ease of downloading reports and the violations notices

Cons:

The multiple platforms when adding a truck Also sales should be 24/7 got shipped the wrong connector cable and the truck couldn't get on the road till Tuesday.

Craig
Owner operator in US

Opinion of Elog from Omnitrac

Comments: I have recommended to others but they are wanting something other this product. They think that it’s to expensive but they have go threw several apps and products to get what they want. So it’s not more expensive I tried one other unit and got this one and never looked back!!!

Pros:

Thus product is very easy driver friendly and management easy to. I would get some other options but haven’t had the time get it changed. Plan to do that in the near future. Great people to work with

Cons:

I haven’t found anything that I don’t like.

Nicole
Dispatcher in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11–50 Employees

Go with a different company

Pros:

Absolutely nothing. There is nothing I like about Omnitracs

Cons:

Customer service is less than poor. Good luck trying to get ahold of anyone! To cancel, they say you can only email. Ive tried calling every phone number I can get my hands on, and the answer is always "you must send an email". I have sent well over 10 emails in the past 5 days, no answer. If you have a team of less than 80, you will not have an account manager, you must call the 1-800 number. This company is a scam.

Ricardo
trucking in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2–10 Employees

for long time report malfuntion in a avg and they never give me a credit.

Comments: very bad omnitracs is not good service and ivg not work correctly they never give us credit.

Pros:

never recommend this service is to expensive and very bad costumer service.

Cons:

problem is billing they never answer question

IVAN
owner in US

review

Comments: Overall my experience with the product hasn't been bad it's just finding the right people or person to help you with whatever problem you're experiencing once you find those people everything is good

Pros:

Once you get everything set up like you want it is very useful in your everyday mission .

Cons:

The only features I would like to see added are wifi which I was told it had and also the ability to pay tolls

Cecilio
Owner operator in US

Omnitracs software

Comments: Electronic logs

Pros:

It's very easy to use self explanatory love it

Cons:

There's no way around it if you move your truck it reads it immediately

Owner in US

Poor customer service

Comments: Technical support is good.
Customer service is awful, they don’t return phone calls or emails, I’m going to look at some other options for my ELD.

Pros:

The eld is easy to use, I have used Qualcomm/Omni tracks for 10+ years

Cons:

The equipment is not dependable, I in the process of having the third monitor installed in less than year and half.

Jamie
IT in
Paper & Forest Products, 51–200 Employees

Powerful system, Cumbersome User Experience

Pros:

Roadnet provides an intuitive routing system that allows you to plan our daily deliveries based on predefined zones.

Cons:

The user experience is awful. There was very little guidance with setting up our system for our usage. The fact that the data is web based causes major issues with speed in the mornings when the majority is trying to route for their day.

Erin
Office Manager in US

No, no, NO

Pros:

The easy way to edit logs for drivers that have made a mistake.

Cons:

Customer service is completely atrocious. One person would tell you one thing and another person another thing. The system is completely backwards. So difficult to use along with the online system. Will never go back to OmniTracs! Way too expensive for what you get.