Function Point Reviews

by Function Point Productivity Software

• Overall

About Function Point

The all-in-one system with project & resource management, time tracking, estimating & invoicing, and financial reporting.

Learn more about Function Point

Kiley B.
Art Director
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2018

"Use for logging hours mainly"

Pros: What I use it for it is really easy to work with

Cons: So many features it is hard to know the depths of it

by Function Point Productivity Software on 20/11/2018

Hi Kiley,

Thanks a lot for your review. Please do not hesitate to reach out to the team in case you have any questions or need to learn about the different features in the system.

Best,
Saurabh

• Reviewed on 02/11/2018
Creative Director
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2018

"The amount of detail available for us to use is very helpful, customizable dashboard is also a plus"

Pros: The customizable dashboard is my favorite aspect of Function Point. The fact that each person can organize the information available in a way that compliments their position is invaluable. This is certainly important when each person has a unique hand in the process and needs to view the workload differently.

Cons: I think it could benefit from a feature allowing individual companies to further edit and customize certain aspects of the program. Something as simple as removing unused tabs and paring down the options to only that company's essential needs. I feel like this would save time on each individual company's level and make the program more efficient.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 05/02/2018

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us. We've passed on your feedback about further customization to our product team for consideration.

Account Manager
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2017

"I utilize FunctionPoint to manage my time, project estimates and jobs and assign tasks to my team."

Pros: I like that that job/client/financial/task/timesheet information is all in one central location. There is a lot of crossover in information, and it is nice to have a centralized location.

Cons: I do not like how non-user friendly the project management portion of the system is. There is little visibility to the status of tasks in connection to a broader timeline of dependencies/team members/etc. I would like to be able to "watch" tasks, answer questions, tag other team members, approve them for the next stage in the process or change person assigned to it when it's complete to initiate a new task for someone else. I also think there are a lot of glitches, where pages refresh on their own. I have noticed this on timesheets and task creation.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 07/12/2017

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us! Your feedback has been submitted to be considered by our Product team. If you ever have other feedback, feel free to email us at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 06/12/2017
Van M.
Media Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2018

"Great organization tool, interesting interface"

Comments: I have learned good organizational skills, and being able to run through different levels of interfaces in order to get my clients what they need.

Pros: I like how you can organize and sort IOs and invoices by client, amount paid, and date reconciled. Very organized and helpful

Cons: I don't like how you can't change the date on either an invoice or IO without loosing all of the formatting changes that were made

• Reviewed on 16/04/2018
Maren S.
Principal & VP of Client Services
  • Reviewed on 04/10/2016

"Perfect for Start-up Agencies"

Comments: As a start-up full service advertising agency, we were looking for an all-inclusive software for project management and overall agency workflow. After researching multiple options we decided on Function Point based on pricing structure (it could grow with us) and because we had received fantastic customer support since the first e-meeting. We have used Function Point for almost 9 months now and have no complaints. The Support team is fabulous and responds within hours on any questions we have. I highly recommend Function Point!

by Function Point Productivity Software on 04/10/2016

Hi Maren - thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We're committed to continually helping TradeCraft grow, so please reach out if you ever have any suggestions for us.

• Reviewed on 04/10/2016
Kathleen S.
Accounting / HR
Graphic Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2016

"Great software for Graphic Design and Pre-Post Production - and Accounting integration!"

Comments: The software is exactly what our Company was looking from a Creative to a Production to an Accounting 'all-in-one' package. The Accounting integrates with QuickBooks perfectly. Customer Support is top-notch!

Pros: The Online Help and Customer Service

Cons: The occasional glitch that causes the system to get hung up.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 20/10/2016

Hi Kathleen - I'm so glad to hear that Artistic Digital Imaging is really benefitting from fp.'s QuickBooks integration. Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback!

• Reviewed on 19/10/2016
Collin B.
Digital Strategies
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2018

"Our team uses Function Point as a CRM tool for our agency. Works decent for what we do."

Comments: Keeps our team on task and helps to delegate workflow. Also, tracks estimate and work dollars well.

Pros: Manages our jobs well and creates detailed tasks for those who are seated in Function Point. It helps us work as a team.

Cons: The estimation tool is very limited, in my opinion. There are not very many formatting options in the text boxes such as bullets etc.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 26/06/2018

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, Collin!

• Reviewed on 25/06/2018
Kelly S.
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2017

"Mostly it's been a great experience. Really helps keep our team organized."

Comments: Keeping our team on the same page and projects organized.

Pros: I like the ability to search notes, jobs, and companies. I also like being able to easily see where we are with budgets and services.

Cons: How pinned notes work. I've had technical issues, being pinned a note but not notified, and I'd like to be able to close them or tag people on individual comments

by Function Point Productivity Software on 01/08/2017

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, Jenny. We really appreciate it!

• Reviewed on 01/08/2017
Samantha P.
Graphic Designer
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2017

"Great! It handles all of our companies needs and is quick to learn and easy to use!"

Pros: The functionality. There are timesheets, components, notes, tasks, assign projects/time to employees, and everything that happens in Function Point notifies everyone by email when there is something added which is very helpful.

Cons: At the beginning we had a hard time with some people getting the notifications and some didn't, but that was fixed so now there's really no issues. Everything goes smoothly and everyone knows what's going on.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 18/12/2017

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us, Samantha! Please continue reaching out whenever you have feedback. We're always ready to listen.

• Reviewed on 15/12/2017
Nolan R.
Video Producer
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2018

"Function Point has amazing features with less than incredible interface"

Comments: Sometimes we have issues syncing expenses with QuickBooks.

Pros: Everything that Function Point is designed to do is almost perfect. Works well, and is easy enough to use. Love both the functionality and integration with other software.

Cons: The user interface could be a bit less clunky. It looks and feels dated and busy. I'd rather the processes were more linear as opposed to having everything open with users able to click on any text box at any time.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2018
Kerri S.
Finance Manager
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2018

"Liked ease of QB integration"

Pros: Ease of integration with other software has been a positive thing as well as the customer support. Ease of syncing

Cons: theres been a few times where syncing has thrown off invoicing and function point has had to trouble shoot with our bookkeeper

by Function Point Productivity Software on 20/06/2018

Hi Kerri, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!

• Reviewed on 18/06/2018
Rose S.
Bookkeeper
  • Reviewed on 14/05/2018

"Function Point does what we need it to do!"

Pros: Function Point provides most of what we are looking for. It is easy to create invoices for our customers!

Cons: Function Point won't allow you to modify a batch invoice (not a big deal though -- I just have to delete that invoice and start over).

by Function Point Productivity Software on 22/05/2018

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, Rose!

• Reviewed on 14/05/2018
Social Media Specialist
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2018

"Great way to keep track of projects and time worked"

Comments: It is easy to use and I can track all my client work in one place.

Pros: That I can do a lot in one place. I use it to keep track of the time I spend on each client account, and what work I did for them. I also use it to expense things, and calculate how much the client needs to pay. Lastly, I use it to communicate with other team members and assign tasks.

Cons: I wish there was an easier way to plug in jobs to the timesheet. If when I clicked jobs, and it popped up the most frequently used, that would be helpful. Instead of searching by client name.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 13/04/2018

Thanks so much for your feedback! That's a great suggestion regarding timesheets - we've passed it along to our Product Team for consideration.

Terry S.
Lead Illustrator
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2018

"have used for more than a year and have very few problems."

Pros: Easy to navigate and retrieve and post information. Using this to enter jobs and track time has been a great help to improve productivity. Also has been a good way of tracking the jobs assigned to me that have been finished for long periods of time.

Cons: I can't delete a time in my timesheet when I entered the wrong job number. Do not have the option to change info from a previous week when I realize that I made a mistake, on the job service.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 16/04/2018

Thanks for your feedback, Terry! Your Customer Success Manager will be reaching out to show you the solution for editing timesheets. Keep an eye on your inbox!

Lee Z.
Writer/Creative Director
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2018

"A+"

Comments: It works, and it isn't any work at all.

Pros: It's easy to use, and it keeps track of everything. I record my time often, sometimes every 15 minutes, and it isn't a problem to enter it quickly. It's not a chore or a hassle, and timesheets are usually both.

Cons: Having to log in every day, even though that only takes about three seconds.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 04/10/2018

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, Lee! So glad we could make the time tracking process painless for you!

• Reviewed on 14/09/2018
Mark W.
  • Reviewed on 18/10/2016

"Mark from OtherWisz... aka Power User"

Comments: Use it everyday, revolutionized our biz from day 1. I have no idea how we would be running our biz without it!

Pros: Easy to use, well organized.

Cons: Sometimes it is hard to find past notes.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 18/10/2016

Hi Mark - having your 'non-recommendation' is the greatest of compliments ;). Please know that we're definitely committed to making sure we work for your trust. Feel free to reach out if you have suggestions for how we can make fp. even better!

• Reviewed on 18/10/2016
Brad L.
Senior Art Director
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2018

"This software has been a great addition for my own business and at the agency that I work."

Pros: I like how easy it is to get started and to use. The software has a lot features and most of them are pretty easy to learn. I believe it makes managing an agency simple and easy.

Cons: There are a couple of things that I would like to see. When I tried integrating with QuickBooks I know it wasn't exactly perfect. Also, when you are using the arrow to sort things numerically or alphabetically the results are suspect.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 27/03/2018

Thanks for your feedback, Brad! We're so glad to hear that FP is making Mint positively productive!

• Reviewed on 22/03/2018
Account Manager
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2018

"Function Point has many features and great customer service, sometimes too many features"

Comments: The benefits far outweigh any cons, but the biggest benefit is having a one stop shop for all of the jobs we have previously. It makes the "same as last time" orders that much easier :)

Pros: I like the ability it saves previous jobs as far back as we have saved jobs. The ability to review previous jobs and provide good customer service to our clients by searching these items, makes my day to day job much easier!

Cons: The ability to customize to my specific day to day tasks. I would love to be able to make it more customer facing and "store front" like in the client portal and not as "warehouse" like.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 05/02/2018

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're so glad we're able to make a difference in your day!

Cj S.
COO
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2018

"Been using for years and overall has great feature set for project management"

Comments: efficient teamwork environment

Pros: dashboard & task assignments, team collaboration, alerts & subscriptions, dashboard & task assignment

Cons: not very responsive to be mobile friendly to tablet/notebook, one example: help icon covers scroll down and no way to turn off so this one item makes any screens with scroll down ( 80%) difficult to use. The app is only for timesheet which is good for staff, but not much for management.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 22/02/2018

Thanks for sharing this great feedback with us, CJ! If you'd ever like to elaborate on your suggestions, we'd love to hear it: functionpoint.ideas.aha.io

• Reviewed on 21/02/2018
Kathleen S.
Accounting / HR
Graphic Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/10/2017

"Customer Support is awesome; SW is User-Friendly and it works really well for our Graphic Design Co."

Comments: Saves time and allows for greater productivity.

Pros: The Customer Support is quick to respond, is very patient walking you through the steps.
The Company is always open to ideas and suggestions.

Cons: This is not so much about fp. as it is about the interface with QBO. After switching from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online, the User Interface was affected. Due to the limitations of QuickBooks Online, it affected the way we could use fp. and some of its' functions. One Example - QBO does not recognize Job #'s; fp. has figured out a work around, but it would be easier to be able to use Job's, as they are designed.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 06/10/2017

Thanks so much for kind words, Kathleen. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback!

• Reviewed on 05/10/2017
Nathan W.
Photographer
Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/08/2018

"Lots of functionality if it fits your business"

Pros: FP is a very versatile software program. From the ability to save templates of our most current jobs, to being able to pull reports to see which jobs are most profitable have been valuable to our business. THough it wasn't designed for a creative agency model, which means we also have to use other productivity software in conjunction with FP, it serves its function well.

Cons: It's not so much what I didn't like, it's what is not important to our business model. Things such as Tasks and Schedules aren't as easily accessible as something like Trello, and having the option to remove those tabs from the interface would be useful.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 30/08/2018

Hi Nathan, we appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us! We've passed your feedback to our Product team for consideration.

Sunny W.
Sr. Web Developer
  • Reviewed on 28/08/2018

"Great for medium-sized agencies"

Comments: I work for a medium-sized creative agency that used to do everything on Basecamp but we grew out of it. FunctionPoint has been a real step up in our organization and processes.

Pros: It's a great way for all parts of the business to be on the same page, from finance to accounts to creative. Everyone can see the status of a project or client in one place, even though sometimes that place is hard to find.

Cons: I wish it were a little more obvious as to what some of the features are. Our agency has had to define SME on FP and it's always that person who makes the call as to what parts of it we're using and what we're not. For that reason, I feel like that there are probably useful things available that we're not taking full advantage of.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 30/08/2018

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, Sunny. Your Customer Success Manager will be touching base with your team to make sure you are indeed taking full advantage of everything FP has to offer!

Nicole M.
Traffic Manager
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2018

"It's a great tool for project management. It's multi-layer functionality really makes it easy to use"

Pros: It has a lot of ability to customize. I love that you can change your homepage to display different components of the software to fit what you're looking for. Not only that but you can also customize the reports that you can pull. This makes it easy to evaluate projects after their completion and determine profitability. Overall the software is pretty user-friendly.

Cons: There are some pieces of the software that I don't understand why you can't change. There are certain boxes that we can't edit and don't necessarily need. Or I would love to be able to make some boxes mandatory before moving forward. I also wish there was an easier way to see the schedules that get built out. The schedules are great because they let you setup each step in a job. However, I'd love to be able to pull a report that tells me what phase of the schedule each job is in. For example is Step 1 and 2 are marked "Completed" then it would show me Step 3 as the next "In Progress". This would be a huge help in our agency for project management.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 05/02/2018

Thanks for sharing with us, Nicole. Your feedback has been submitted for our Product team to consider. If you'd ever like to elaborate on some of your feedback, let us know at functionpoint.ideas.aha.io. We're always ready to listen!

Megan S.
  • Reviewed on 09/12/2016

"Function Point helps us Function better!"

Comments: We have been using Function Point for a little over a year now and we are very happy with it overall. It definitely takes some time to learn the product... as with any software, you have to learn the different functionalities. However, the main commitment is figuring out what works best for you and your company. What one company might love, another might find pointless, but that is the great thing about the program! You can customize it to fit your needs. Our company manages Associations and we do a lot of print and design work for them. Our Associations use the Function Point portal to submit and track their jobs. They can also use it to reference past jobs so they always know what paper something printed on, who the vendor was that printed it, and the quantity that was printed. We can track proofs and keep files all organized in one place, rather than in emails and filing cabinets. On the art department side, we can track what jobs we have in progress, assign tasks to different designers and web developers, and even invoice the job when it is completed. I can tell you that we save so much time just being able to locate jobs and all the information about them rather than digging for information! We also use the time clock to track non-billable work so we can see how efficiently our team is working and where improvements can be made. Going back to invoicing... this feature has helped us and our accounting department tremendously. We are able to use the time clock to track time spent on a job so we know we are billing accurately. We can apply different hourly rates to different clients (such as not-for-profits) and see what our profit on a job is immediate. The invoice also looks more attractive than a lot of programs because you can brand and customize it.

Cons: Their customer support team is really great and always willing to help you figure out how to accomplish your ideas. They also have a great suggestion board where users give ideas on how to make the product better. They have used a couple of mines already! It's a great community that works together to continuously improve and perfect the program.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 09/12/2016

Hi Megan, thanks so much for your kind words here. Please continue to reach out whenever you have ideas or suggestions. We're always ready to listen.

• Reviewed on 09/12/2016
Drew H.
Business Director
  • Reviewed on 26/09/2016

"Great Software and Outstanding Customer Service!"

Comments: We are a small (10-20 employees) creative marketing agency and Function Point has been a great tool for our business. I particularly like the schedule feature which we use to develop "plans of attack" for prospective work that can easily be converted into estimates and then executed as tasks. Schedules can easily be duplicated and adjusted for repeat projects and they help keep our team on the same page regarding the vision for execution of our work. There is a small learning curve for some of the functionality in Function Point, but once you become familiar with the terminology and processes, everything makes sense. If you do have questions, Function Point's world-class customer service resources are second to none. They have an extensive amount of training documents online and regularly hold live webinar training sessions on a variety of functions and features. Their team of customer service representatives are also quick to respond to any direct communications and work diligently to resolve issues. I also appreciate how they involve their customers in upcoming feature enhancements and updates by letting them test beta versions and asking for feedback. It really makes us feel like we have an impact on how the product evolves.

Pros: Schedules

Cons: The smartphone app, wish it had more functionality.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 29/09/2016

Drew - thanks so much for sharing your thoughts here, I really appreciate it. Please continue to bring forward ideas as to how we can make fp. better for United Creations - we're always ready to listen.

• Reviewed on 26/09/2016