Filter by:

• Overall

About Absorb LMS

Engaging 23.5 million learners, Absorb LMS has the intuitive interface, agile features and 24/7 support to empower your organization.

Learn more about Absorb LMS

Cecilia W.
Cecilia W.
Product Manager, Marketing
Telecommunications, 201-500 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 11/08/2015

"Absorb is the perfect LMS!"

Comments: Absorb is so powerful and easy to use. The company itself is great to work with. Their customer service staff is so nice and friendly, and the project manager and account manager I worked with helped me every step of the way. The interface is gorgeous and importing your learners is a snap. I love that Absorb has built-in quizzes that I can create in seconds. I also love that I was able to work with Absorb's designers to customize the branding for our company. Creating certification programs and badges was easy. You can upload or link to practically any type of media. Customized reports can quickly be generated. Grouping learners into categories to deploy specific training is also painless. You can create contest, polls and gamify the learning experience. Ultimately, Absorb is fast, easy, gorgeous and even if you're a staff of one or two (like me) you can easily manage hundreds of learners and dozens of online courses. I love Absorb!

Pros: Fantastic customer support
Easy to use design
Quick import of new learners
Easily upload any type of multimedia
Customizable interface for branding
Out of the box solution at a reasonable price point
No extra IT or web developer support required

Cons: It would be great to:
- Quickly switch between Admin and Learner to see a course
- Create a "test" user who can take courses over and over again just to test functionality without having to enroll, un-enroll and then re-enroll
- Show and disable the contest feature (without having customer support perform this function)

• Source: GetApp
Steve C.
Director of Training
  • Reviewed on 03/08/2017

"Absorb has provided us with a unique mix of feature and quality support helping us obtain our goals."

Comments: Speed of delivery of content to customers and users and with the ease of user mgmt, the amount of time I am spent managing the system is kept to a minimum.

Pros: The ease of adding courses, content and attaching relevant material to this cannot be overlooked and for me is easily just one of the items most enjoyed. The built in workflow allows me to take my video production and related documents and attach them to a course that can be distributed to my users in a matter of minutes.

Cons: Nothing really stands out as a negative. One area for improvement would be exporting reports - It would be nice to be able to customize the look and feel of reports in the tool before exporting, and it is a minor issue as a lot of this can be done via the Excel export anyway.

• Reviewed on 03/08/2017
Scott K.
Manager, Global Sales Programs
  • Reviewed on 11/03/2011

"Blatant Media's "Absorb Anywhere" definitely exceeded our expectations!"

Comments: Blatant's Absorb Anywhere platform is the perfect solution for those companies needing to take their training and education programs to the next level. But to do so in a way that's reflective of the brand and conscientious of relationships with users. Blatant has clearly leveraged their experience with academic learning enivornments to address the opportunity to immerse sales associates at retail in the brand story, creating ambassadors ready to sell. And they accomplish this with one of the brightest teams of people with which I've ever worked.

Pros: Oakley moved from a custom-built application to a proven LMS platform in 2009 to address the growing opportunity to train Sales Associates on how to sell our products. We were interested in a brand-right tool to drive sales, and Blatant helped us to easily adapt their system to meet our unique needs. Being a global company, Absorb Anywhere allows us to distribute system administration responsibilities across regions for a truly localized experience. The team at Blatant continues to roll out new features that are highly applicable to our users.

Cons: We have seen no downside to partnering with Blatant on this opportunity. It's important to work with a vendor that you trust, and Blatant is definitely invested in the success of this project. As they continue to grow and expand their operations, we'll look forward to enhancements to the system that will improve our relationship with loyal users.

Ken W.
Director of Congregational Vitality
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2021

"Leadership Development"

Comments: Our experience with Absorb has been outstanding! Through this process we have run into several issues and questions. All of the support team has been great to work with. The help desk tickets we have submitted have all been resolved in 24 hours or less. Amazing!

Pros: The Absorb platform has been great for getting us up to speed quickly and ease of use for our learners. We are moving a lot of what we had been doing for leadership development from an in-person only option to a more blended approach.

Cons: There is a learning curve, as with anything, for us to understand some of the terminology and functions. We do not have anyone on staff who does this full time, so we are all learning slowly.

• Reviewed on 13/02/2021
Fred P.
  • Reviewed on 22/12/2014

"Used Absorb To Support Online Training Business"

Pros: In my last company, I was the product manager for an online training business. We used the Absorb LMS to deploy our hosted users. The product provided the flexibility we needed to roll out with different models and curricula for different customers. It also provided the administrative flexibility we needed for a large customer base. Finally, the reporting enabled us to get the information we needed for ourselves and for the training admins in our customers. Absorb, as a vendor, was a pleasure to work with. They always made an effort to consider and address our needs and were pleasant and professional to deal with.

Cons: The company is smaller. This has the advantage of being agile, but that comes with a limitation on resources. They just couldn't do everything, and when they got engaged in a major release, you could feel the limited resources being taxed.

J l P.
Performance Center Manager
Utilities, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/11/2016

"One of the better ones"

Comments: All-in-all, I have enjoyed using Absorb. It has a pretty robust feature set and a very easy to use interface. When we run into bugs, Absorb sometimes takes quite a long time to resolve the issues. They will not give you an ETA for fixes either. It has some issues with playing video on iOS10 devices. I like how it handles most content and I really like how it modularizes courses.

Pros: Ease of use. Everything is easy to find and the options make sense.

Cons: When bugs are introduced, they don't always get fixed very quickly.

• Reviewed on 04/11/2016
Deirdre G.
IBO/CSP
Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2018

"Trusted Intenet/E-Learning Tool"

Pros: I've used it for many years for continuing education and for new hire training. Its always been easy to use and it seems to get better all the time It actually surprises me when I see a new feature. It's free for the learner, so I have nothing on price points.

Cons: I have never had an issue with the product and I have never had to use any support advice. I have only used it internally with a company I am contracted with. I use it to train or do my continuing ed for the companies they put me with. With each training session, I have found no issues.

• Reviewed on 08/10/2018
Sarah H.
  • Reviewed on 06/01/2015

"The Learning Exchange LMS"

Pros: The product is graphically pleasing and user-friendly when moving through the training courses. I like how the courses track your progress and keep a running list of enrolled and completed courses. I find it to be a very organized system for both an administrator and a learner. In the administrator mode, I like how you can enroll a learner into a course through multiple avenues, all depending on how you want to search for the learner in the system.

Cons: In the administrator mode when enrolling a learner into a course or verifying completion status of a course across an entire department, the system often needs to be refreshed and/or data must be completely cleared and then re-entered in order to search. This is a simple but very frustrating complaint I have about this program.

• Reviewed on 06/01/2015
Catalyze Program Advisor
Higher Education, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/11/2018

"Great for brand personalization"

Comments: We are ensuring that our coaches receive consistent information through the modules we have designed. This platform has also allowed us also track module completion.

Pros: Since our elearnings are branded and we are focused on brand pride. We were able to personalize our elearning site, organize lessons based on due dates and topics and create reports on lesson completion.

Cons: We have had some issues with uploading different file types into our document library. This has been something that creates delays in our coaches being able to access the materials needed for our weekly trainings. Supervisors also then don't have the materials to effectively lead their weekly meetings.

• Reviewed on 09/11/2018
Digital Content Specialist
Hospital & Health Care
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2018

"Highly visual learning management system. Reporting is top-notch. Can handle complex learning paths."

Pros: The ad-hoc reporting is the easiest I've seen in any LMS. Very easy to check the boxes of the info you're looking for and download a report. Literally only takes minutes. Can handle very complex learning paths.

Cons: It would be cool if they added a bit more talent management features. Career pathing is just "okay" in Absorb.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2018
Learning & Development Manager
  • Reviewed on 21/04/2021

"Would be a perfect solution if the support wasn't terrible"

Pros: - Absorb has many features
- Many integrations, including Absorb Create
- Relatively easy to use

Cons: - For a learning solution, the knowledge base is very basic
- Support team are friendly over the phone, but don't always answer calls, voicemails or reply to tickets
- Absorb Create support is horrendous. Long wait times and support team aren't helpful
- Onboarding experience was not worth the implementation fee. Training sessions were not provided considering what was told in the initial session. A real lack of communication, education and support from the start.

• Reviewed on 21/04/2021
Adrianne H.

"Excellent LMS!"

Pros: The LMS is flexible and scalable. Our large, complex institution is using the LMS to deliver training to employees, students, and volunteers. The product is fully supported on multiple browsers, and the user interface scales beautifully on tablets and phones. Administrators with access to create training are finding it generally easier to use than our previous LMS systems. Updates are frequent and regularly scheduled, and the vendor is open to ideas for improvements.

Cons: My only concerns have been related to the process for suggesting improvements and getting them approved and implemented. The vendor's development team is small, so some improvements take a while to implement.

Jodie B.
Director, Training & Development
Wireless, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/08/2018

"Terrible Support and lack of quality metrics"

Pros: The admin features, while limited, are easy to learn and use.

Cons: The reporting and metrics provided by the base system are seriously lacking. In addition, their response time on support tickets when their is a bug in their system can take months or even years to correct with only a standard response that "development is investigating."

• Reviewed on 03/08/2018
Brooke B.
Graphic Designer
  • Reviewed on 24/04/2018

"Beautiful interface and good customer service"

Pros: I enjoy how I'm able to brand this software to my company. It seemed to have all the checkboxes that we needed and it supports HTML5. Admin functionality is a 5/5

Cons: Reporting reports are a bit limited. They aren't custom like the rest of the platform. Software sometimes freezes up at times

• Reviewed on 24/04/2018
Gregory D.
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2020

"Absorb Information"

Comments: Good. It gets the job done and it gets it done well.

Pros: I really like the mobile app and the e-commerce features. The content libraries provide a lot of good information and training.

Cons: I am old fashioned and prefer in-person whiteboard delivered trainings. I think depending on the volume of training you to need to deliver and how spread out the audience is should be a determining factor for purchase.

• Reviewed on 15/01/2020
Joan T.
Training Admin
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Reviewed on 03/08/2015

"Easy LMS Implementation"

Pros: Fantastic support. They encourage you to design your system, while providing ideas along the way. That's the best way to really understand and use software.

Cons: Can't really think of anything substantial. While they were located in Connecticut, we were able to work remotely just fine.

• Reviewed on 03/08/2015
Sandra H.
  • Reviewed on 29/12/2014

"Absorb is very easy to use and provides substantive value as our LMS"

Pros: Automation is easy with automated registration via enrollment keys. Organization of our classes and learners is easy to maintain, and automated reports are available for our customers. Our customer portal supports HTML5 and our own design along with Absorb's template is used. It looks very professional. Our customers rarely have issues with Absorb.

Cons: Once in awhile we start having performance issues on the administrative side. Our customer portal does not seem to have any performance issues though.

• Reviewed on 29/12/2014
Greg G.
Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 14/06/2012

"Flexible System with Simple Navigation"

Comments: This is a great system for those beginning to expand into eLearning or for those who have years of experience with said systems. New users can pick up on the system navigation with little interaction and Absorb provides great customer support.

Pros: Easy to train end-users/learners
Ability to customize system to appear as company solution
Customer support is quick to respond and very helpful
Provides ability for single sign-on from other systems

Cons: Original management navigation needed updates but Absorb made significant changes to streamline daily management in the system.

• Reviewed on 14/06/2012
Eric M.
eLearning Specialist

"LMS 2.0"

Comments: A great LMS choice for businesses of all sizes. Ideal for separating internal and external facing courses. Absorb is a new generation of LMS, light and agile, with all the features you actually use.

Pros: > Custom Admin Roles / Levels
> Custom Reporting with Subscribing
> Amazing Pricing
> Full API
> Integration with SalesForce.com

Cons: > Need Custom Site for Viewing on iPad (although, the site is awesome)
> Email support sometimes slow, but always thorough

Jerri G.
  • Reviewed on 05/01/2015

"Easy to Run Reports and Create Class/Sessions"

Pros: After I received the initial LMS training, it was easy to go back to my training guide to get help on a class I was trying to create. The copy session feature is my favorite!

Cons: There really isn't anything that was bad. I only use LMS about twice a month, so I would forget how to do things sometimes, but I found it was easy enough to go back to the guide for a refresher when needed.

Jack M.

"Highly Recommend"

Pros: Its all about customization for us and our clients, and Absorb says "yes" when other platforms say "no."

Cons: Nothing bad to say here, as far as overall satisfaction goes. It's a progressive LMS that is becoming the frontrunner.

Colin S.
VP Theatre Services
  • Reviewed on 06/05/2014

"Absorb LMS & After Sales Support"

Comments: The Absorb LMS is great, the service even better. The Absorb LMS Help Desk ' technical and creative staff - has played an integral role in ensuring our overall satisfaction with the LMS. The staff behind the scenes are highly professional, responsive and timely. The process for submitting inquiries is extremely simple and the Help Desk staff keeps our inquiry moving along ensuring complete resolution. We often rely on them to not only assist with inquiries but also collaborate on how to best load modules for our end user. We can't imagine a better support network.

• Reviewed on 06/05/2014
Rachel W.
Corporate Applications Analyst

"Best LMS"

Comments: My team reviewed many different LMSs and none of them could compare to Absorb. This LMS provides a wide variety of different features that fit everyone of our companies needs/wants. The API provides seemingly endless opportunities for integration with our other applications. Their customer service is by far THE BEST customer service I have ever received working with any other company. They are fast, responsive and always willing to help me out.

Steve D.
Project Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 15/04/2014

"Absorb has been an excellent choice."

Comments: This past year we have been working to convert a course from only a classroom environment into one that blends face-to-face meetings with interactive online materials. Choosing the right LMS was the key to making this blended environment work. Absorb LMS provides our learners with an incredibly user-friendly interface that allows them to get what they need, when they need it, and still focus on the learning materials. Absorb LMS has been the perfect choice for us!

• Reviewed on 15/04/2014
Matt S.
Training Program Manager
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2009

"Clean, simple, intuitive"

Comments: I highly recommend this product.

Pros: The Absorb LMS has a very simple interface for learners, that allows new users to easily access and adapt to the system. The system is not bloated with lot of extra features that are seldom used, but rather points users to the most commonly used functions in a clean and simple design. The support team is very responsive with any questions or issues that come up.

Cons: None at this time

• Reviewed on 08/10/2009