• Overall
    4.4 /5

About Absorb LMS

Engaging 23.5 million learners, Absorb LMS has the intuitive interface, agile features and 24/7 support to empower your organization.

Learn more about Absorb LMS

Cecilia W.
Product Manager, Marketing
Telecommunications, 201-500 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 11/08/2015

"Absorb is the perfect LMS!"

Comments: Absorb is so powerful and easy to use. The company itself is great to work with. Their customer service staff is so nice and friendly, and the project manager and account manager I worked with helped me every step of the way. The interface is gorgeous and importing your learners is a snap. I love that Absorb has built-in quizzes that I can create in seconds. I also love that I was able to work with Absorb's designers to customize the branding for our company. Creating certification programs and badges was easy. You can upload or link to practically any type of media. Customized reports can quickly be generated. Grouping learners into categories to deploy specific training is also painless. You can create contest, polls and gamify the learning experience. Ultimately, Absorb is fast, easy, gorgeous and even if you're a staff of one or two (like me) you can easily manage hundreds of learners and dozens of online courses. I love Absorb!

Pros: Fantastic customer support
Easy to use design
Quick import of new learners
Easily upload any type of multimedia
Customizable interface for branding
Out of the box solution at a reasonable price point
No extra IT or web developer support required

Cons: It would be great to:
- Quickly switch between Admin and Learner to see a course
- Create a "test" user who can take courses over and over again just to test functionality without having to enroll, un-enroll and then re-enroll
- Show and disable the contest feature (without having customer support perform this function)

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 11/08/2015
Dan K.
Payroll and Systems Admin
Gambling & Casinos, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/02/2021

"A solid LMS that just keeps getting better."

Comments: Overall, our company was looking for a platform to offer both mandatory and optional training for our employees during the COVID lock downs. When implementing Absorb, we found it also was platform for not only training, but also an informational channel, complete with acknowledgements of receiving the information. It will also be the backbone for all of our ILCs moving forward, and hopefully with more solid integration with our Teams platform.

Pros: Ease of use as both a learner and administrator. ADP integration and automation. Learner and Admin portals load quickly and are responsive. Excellent support and implementation experiences with quick turn around, and constant updates and improvements in the pipe line.

Cons: Limited assessment options when it comes to answer types. Reporting structure takes a bit to get used to. Setup takes quite a bit of time investment, but pays off with future proofing the system.

• Reviewed on 04/02/2021
Nicholas K.
Airlines/Aviation, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2021

"Feature dense software that is constantly improving"

Comments: Our company has gone through tremendous change in backend systems. We had initially signed on with an LMS provider that was purchased by Absorb. The timing of that change was less than desirable, though it was abundantly clear that we were getting a superior product when we started the Absorb onboarding process. Our company has some very unique HRIS employee data structure. Absorb handles that data effortlessly and we're able to make sense of all within the system. Most of all, the people we have had the pleasure to work with from onboarding, professional services, account management, client success have all been absolutely wonderful. There is engagement from the development team on the client community board to answer questions, jump on calls to walk through suggestions and overall just provide a great feedback.

Pros: Ease of use for the front line team members. I've said frequently that the learner dashboard reminds me of a familiar streaming platform that our employees use regularly. The ability to customize the content per department/group and so on makes it that much better. There is no training necessary for our frontline staff on getting in and learning how to use the system, its so intuitive, clean and polished.

Cons: The rate at which Absorb introduces new features is unmatched (which is a pro), though sometimes it seems like they overlook some of the errors that are caused by new features. New upgrades always come with glitches, but some were a little surprising to have slipped through the cracks. They are very quick to act on any system issues reported though.

• Reviewed on 16/02/2021
Christina P.
E-Learning and Communications Specialist
Publishing, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/07/2018

"Absorb does a lot of awesome things. A few tweaks could make it even better."

Pros: Ease of course creation
Branded dashboards
Recently improved search page
Options for badges and certificates
Course and resource replication easy

Cons: Organization of Course and Resource folders is only alphabetical order
No way to create groups through a CSV upload
Enrollment and Resource availability rules limited for some items (i.e. can't exclude departments in enrollments)

• Reviewed on 13/07/2018
Steve C.
  • Reviewed on 03/08/2017

"Absorb has provided us with a unique mix of feature and quality support helping us obtain our goals."

Comments: Speed of delivery of content to customers and users and with the ease of user mgmt, the amount of time I am spent managing the system is kept to a minimum.

Pros: The ease of adding courses, content and attaching relevant material to this cannot be overlooked and for me is easily just one of the items most enjoyed. The built in workflow allows me to take my video production and related documents and attach them to a course that can be distributed to my users in a matter of minutes.

Cons: Nothing really stands out as a negative. One area for improvement would be exporting reports - It would be nice to be able to customize the look and feel of reports in the tool before exporting, and it is a minor issue as a lot of this can be done via the Excel export anyway.

• Reviewed on 03/08/2017
James D.
  • Reviewed on 28/01/2019

"Not the ideal LMS, but pretty darn close."

Comments: We love Absorb. It works well and does exactly what we hoped it would. Even with the issues with reports and the test view, it’s still very much worth the money, if not just for the mobile app. We highly recommend Absorb if you’re looking for an easy-to-use LMS software that isn’t absurdly expensive.

Pros: Love the interface. It’s very easy to use, especially once you get the hang of it. There are so many features packed into the system, even in the mobile versions. Having a mobile version is a big plus due to many of our learners using iPads and the like.

Cons: Reporting and exporting reports seem to not work quite as well as we would hope, though it isn’t a deal-breaker. It would be nice to have a way to have a test view of what your learners see. Either by toggling or just a link to preview before everything’s finished.

• Reviewed on 28/01/2019
Craig M.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 27/04/2013

"Powerful, Simple and Elegant - Absorb LMS"

Comments: I have been so pleased with the Absorb LMS and Team that I had a second company I work with also use the Absorb LMS. They continue to add new features that make sense and are always trying to improve the LMS for the user and the administrators. Using Absorb has enabled us to expand our training business - both classroom and online - by making us more efficient internally and delivering a better service to our customers.

Pros: We've been using the Absorb LMS for over 3 years so we've seen it continue to evolve into a tremendous tool. We run classroom courses and offer online courses globally, so ease of use is critical. That's why we went with Absorb in the first place and their new user interface is another huge step in providing users with the best possible experience. We really consider the Absorb team to be like partners in helping us use the LMS to make our business grow by providing a better learning experience to our users. They have worked with us to develop special types of tests and surveys that are critical to our business.

Cons: For our needs, which are probably unique, the reporting is not sufficient. So we had to build a reporting tool that uses the data from the LMS. However, the Absorb Team was really great in working with us to set up the daily data exports.

• Reviewed on 27/04/2013
Deirdre G.
IBO/CSP
Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2018

"Trusted Intenet/E-Learning Tool"

Pros: I've used it for many years for continuing education and for new hire training. Its always been easy to use and it seems to get better all the time It actually surprises me when I see a new feature. It's free for the learner, so I have nothing on price points.

Cons: I have never had an issue with the product and I have never had to use any support advice. I have only used it internally with a company I am contracted with. I use it to train or do my continuing ed for the companies they put me with. With each training session, I have found no issues.

• Reviewed on 08/10/2018
Felix F.
Project Leader
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2018

"This LMS is simple but very effective, easy to use and excellent for small and medium businesses."

Pros: The built in workflow allows me to create a course that can be distributed to my users in a matter of minutes. Easily upload any type of multimedia, its UX and UI. is magnific. can access all function very easily whether you are a student, an instructor or an admin. keep a running list of enrolled and completed courses

Cons: The calendar could be better.. need more integration with other comercials calendars, Requires deep technical experience for Customize this system, does not allow to create a data repository per student in a simple way, it is not an integrated talent management system. Reporting features, they need to improve them a lot, . The administrative functions are dificult to navigate and there are steps that are unnecessary in several of the processes.

• Reviewed on 22/05/2018
Fred P.
VP Product Management
  • Reviewed on 01/05/2013

"Completely Satisfied"

Comments: We needed an LMS for our TeamProfessor Application Security eLearning and we settled on Absorb after a broad and detailed search with formal criteria. We eliminated the big guys for cost and lack of flexibility, and the little guys did not have the features or maturity we needed. Absorb has the right set of capabilities that met all of our criteria including scalability, administration ease and flexibility, reporting, and user experience. Absorb is a great value with a simple price model. After passing our evaluation testing, the bonus has been that the team has been great to work with on both the technical and business sides. Day to day needs are handled responsively and efficiently, and when our customers presented deeper challenges the Absorb team delivered for us, without trying to squeeze money from us for every little task. We have rolled out thousands of users already in a very short time and look forward to tens of thousands more. We couldn't be more satisfied.

Pros: User Experience
Administration Flexibility
Scalability
Design
Reporting
Enrollment Key Feature

Cons: New HTML 5 interface still maturing, but looks great.

• Reviewed on 01/05/2013
Yung L.
  • Reviewed on 28/10/2015

"Absorb has best admin UX"

Comments: We selected the Absorb LMS ahead of Cornerstone onDemand, Lightspeed VT, Skillsoft/SumTotal, ExpertusOne, Growth Engineering, Process Peak, and Moodle based on ease of use for the user interface, as well as having, in my opinion, the best admin interface. Things that took me hours to do in the sandbox of other vendors took minutes with Absorb. Ed Hanson was our salesman and was super friendly and available to answer any questions and concerns. Ultimately, it was very attractive financially and more robust then the slimmed down versions of some of the other LMS vendors. The only issue I've had was with an employee feed into the LMS was more troublesome than expected, but we did not purchase the feed that would have taken care of this issue. While there are other LMS vendors that focus more on gamification and social engagement, the Absorb is easy to use for the learner, which should make training more effortless. The admin is the easiest to navigate of the LMS vendors I've been exposed to, and has exactly what I would expect to help us create a world class LMS for our employees.

Dawn K.
National Training Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2014

"Extremely Stable Platform, Great Support Teams, Brand Customizable"

Comments: As the single developer, content writer and administrator for my company's e-learning solution, Absorb LMS has made my life so easy. Running this system for my company is only about 1/10th of my overall responsibilities, and I don't have a full team developing our online tools, so having a reliable, minimal maintenance system makes it possible for me to do everything. This framework is intuitive and gives many options for customization both on the front and back end. What has astounded me is that in the 18 months that our company has had this system we have had zero critical down time. ZERO. In the beginning I only had a basic understanding of and experience with e-learning systems and the support teams often went above and beyond, being patient with my rookie errors, working the problem, and frequently offering suggestions to my unique issues that were beyond their exact responsibility as support. I never got the feeling that they were brushing off my concerns as "USER ERROR", even when that was the root of the problem. Great Company, Great System!

• Reviewed on 23/04/2014
Alysha L.
Vice President and General Manager
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2015

"Prompt Response by Tech Support"

Comments: I very much appreciate the support Craig and Al and the Absorb Support team provided to me and my team yesterday when our website catalog of courses went down. I know with the time difference Absorb didn't receive our tech support tickets or emails until after business hours in the evening, but you still pivoted and acted quickly to research, identify, and resolve the problem within a couple of hours. In fact, since the problem was resolved before the early AM eastern time, we were able to avoid any marketing/branding/customer service damage on our end and we had our advertising and email promotions back up and sending learners to our ecommerce site and catalog listing before the morning. Turns out it was a simple email address update we made that caused the hiccup, but thank goodness you identified that error on our part quickly. Thank you SO much for the prompt attention to our outreach for help! And, the customer service response from Al and Craig was great.

• Reviewed on 12/02/2015
Jodie B.
Director, Training & Development
Wireless, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/08/2018

"Terrible Support and lack of quality metrics"

Pros: The admin features, while limited, are easy to learn and use.

Cons: The reporting and metrics provided by the base system are seriously lacking. In addition, their response time on support tickets when their is a bug in their system can take months or even years to correct with only a standard response that "development is investigating."

• Reviewed on 03/08/2018
Aaron C.
Manager - Online and Multimedia Training
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2011

"Top-notch LMS at a very good price"

Comments: I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Absorb to any company looking to expand into the online training realm. We have tried out a few LMS' in the past few years, and Absorb continues to be one of the best in the business.

Pros: Absorb has built a top-notch LMS that has a look and feel that users and administrators can both jump right into and use quickly and intuitively. Over the two years we've been with them, they have drastically improved their uptime, implemented useful new features and have always quickly responded to any issues.

Cons: As the company has grown, they are less likely to work with you individually on pricing, and you're also forced to adopt a more cookie-cutter framework to your LMS unless you want to spend a bit more money for customization, but overall their costs are still fairly low.

• Reviewed on 19/08/2011
Tim Y.
Multimedia Specialist
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2011

"Simple & Powerful LMS"

Comments: I recommend this LMS system and recommend you host it with Blatant, because you'll receive new system updates immediately.

Pros: Excellent LMS system. Built clean and simple, works clean and simple. This LMS is typically faster than most and is very user friendly. The admin side is also self explanatory and has amazing reporting functions. Many other tools and functions to use that I couldn't find in other LMS systems. Blatant's support is fast and helpful.

Cons: When registering users into separate departments, the enrollment key buttons have a small "cookie" issue. E-commerce system puts a charge on the course as a whole and can't be applied to just the CME certificate. This can be a little trouble some if your offering free content with an option to purchase the certificate.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2011
Louise N.
  • Reviewed on 28/10/2015

"Transition to a new LMS"

Comments: We were making the transition from an existing LMS to a new one, and after going to market, chose Absorb as our new partner. From day 1, it has been great working with their team. They delivered an excellent product with a learner interface branded to fit our organization perfectly. We needed to decide whether or not to migrate our existing user data, and Absorb's team provided lots of information on the pros and cons to both migrating and starting fresh. We launched our site on October 1st to a pilot group, and are in the process of launching it system-wide to over 840 location and 19,000 learners across Canada. So far, everything is going smoothly, and any time a question arises, their team is there to answer quickly. The site is easy to use and to administer, and I am fully confident that we made the right choice.

Eric M.
    4.5 /5
    4.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 28/12/2014

"Absorb LMS is fun to use"

Pros: eLearning people developed this LMS, because the old systems were hard to use. Absorb, instead, is easy to use and features one of the best-looking admin portals in the business.

Cons: Customizations are not as likely to happen as I was led to believe during the sales routine. In fact, suggesting little improvements here and there is more likely than paying to get the special customization your company needs.

• Reviewed on 28/12/2014
Gita V.
Associate, Competitive Intelligence
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2015

"An Excellent LMS for Training"

Comments: Of all the LMS products that we had reviewed late in 2014, Absorb LMS stood out for its ease of use and reporting features. Since we deployed our training in early 2015, with learners from all over the world, we have found that our users have found it easier to use the tool as well. The reporting feature is excellent in the granularity it provides. The customer service has been fantastic and they have gone out of their way to problem solve on issues that have arisen during our training. It has been a positive experience for us to have worked with key personnel in Absorb for our implementation and support. We would highly recommend Absorb LMS to companies that are looking to use the tool for their training needs.

• Reviewed on 14/08/2015
Michael D.
Computer Software
  • Reviewed on 05/01/2015

"Pleasant experience with Absorb LMS"

Pros: What I like best about this product is that it is very easy to navigate to the courses I am required to take, as well as find available training courses to build my skill sets.

Cons: I would like to be able to search by category when browsing available training courses rather than by course name.

Jennifer D.
Medical Practice
    2.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 05/01/2015

"The system is comprehensive yet tedious"

Pros: The system is end-user friendly and allows me to build as many courses as needed.

Cons: The system can be quite overwhelming for developers/administrators with the multitude of options. There are numerous fields all shoved together within a page, making it hard to decipher and understand each option when setting up a course. The training is also hard to follow. There is a ton of information on only a few pages. I recommend making the training a PowerPoint.

Stephanie R.
  • Reviewed on 09/12/2014

"Outstanding System that Doesn't Break the Bank"

Comments: We implemented Absorb 6 months ago for the purpose of learning delivery and tracking for approximately 3000 learners and tracking only for an additional 7000 learners. While not providing everything on our 'wish list', we are very pleased with our Absorb partnership and have received positive reviews across our organization. Pros:
- Ease of usability on both learner and admin side
- Automated email notifications across a variety of triggers
- Highly configurable for the creative thinker
- SSO
- Certification tracking
- Exceptional customer service!
Cons:
- No true workflow tools
- Reporting could be more robust

• Reviewed on 09/12/2014
Anne marie D.
Medical Practice
  • Reviewed on 22/12/2014

"HTML 5 LMS!"

Pros: The Abosrb LMS is HTML 5 and functions with ease on all mobile devices. The vendor is very responsive to support requests and ideas for product enhancements.

Cons: There is nothing that we do not like about this vendor - maybe that we didn't discover them sooner than we did!

• Reviewed on 22/12/2014
Greg G.
Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 14/06/2012

"Flexible System with Simple Navigation"

Comments: This is a great system for those beginning to expand into eLearning or for those who have years of experience with said systems. New users can pick up on the system navigation with little interaction and Absorb provides great customer support.

Pros: Easy to train end-users/learners
Ability to customize system to appear as company solution
Customer support is quick to respond and very helpful
Provides ability for single sign-on from other systems

Cons: Original management navigation needed updates but Absorb made significant changes to streamline daily management in the system.

• Reviewed on 14/06/2012
Eric M.
eLearning Specialist
  • Reviewed on 11/03/2011

"LMS 2.0"

Comments: A great LMS choice for businesses of all sizes. Ideal for separating internal and external facing courses. Absorb is a new generation of LMS, light and agile, with all the features you actually use.

Pros: > Custom Admin Roles / Levels
> Custom Reporting with Subscribing
> Amazing Pricing
> Full API
> Integration with SalesForce.com

Cons: > Need Custom Site for Viewing on iPad (although, the site is awesome)
> Email support sometimes slow, but always thorough

• Reviewed on 11/03/2011