15 years helping Singaporean businesses

POS Nation for Retail Reviews

About POS Nation for Retail

POS Nation offers an all-in-one point of sale solution to streamline your small or medium-sized retail business.

Learn more about POS Nation for Retail

Pros:

It's pretty easy to set up and then train our customers to use it. CAP tailored the product to accommodate our PA beer distributors by creating an integrated PA PLCB Beverage report.

Cons:

There is a lot of features, that I am not familiar with and take time to learn, but as a small business it is hard to find that time.

POS Nation for Retail ratings

4.7

8.4/10

POS Nation for Retail has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 132 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used POS Nation for Retail before?

Restaurants, 51–200 Employees

Life made easier

Comments: This system has benefited us so much at McDonals, because it helps keeps us organized and up to date with everything that we may need help with or inventory on. It also makes it a lot easy for our crew too.

Pros:

The most that I like about this software is that I am able to manage everything on this system at McDonald's. I can check times, check products and look at all the orders that had came through that day. Also with this system you are able to do schedules and make sure that the inventory is put in. With this system you can do just about anything even knowing the total sales for that day and month. This system helps keep everything together.

Cons:

The only thing that I did not like was the fact that sometimes when I was trying to do an order, it automatically started rebooting itself and doing an update. It did not happen too often.

Sean
Program Director in US

POS Nation Review

Comments: I have enjoyed using POS Nation. With each fix or call to the tech team, I learn the system more and more. The POS Nation employees have been wonderful, and the hardware has held up well for the time we have had it.

Pros:

I enjoyed the setup process. The instructor was great to work with, and very informative. The features within the system fit just about any scenario we run into. The ease of learning the system was also a relief.

Cons:

I will occasionally run into issues finding the correct reports to run for specific information. Also, I have experienced "speed" issues with the system taking many seconds to finish transactions and open the drawer. However, both of these issues are resolved fairly quickly after calling customer support.

4 years ago

We're happy you're enjoying your system, Sean! Thanks for the review.

Kathleen

Happy with the system

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: The transistion period was pretty rough becuae we had a ton of inventory, and we didn't understand the program, but we always had amazing customer support. My sstaff adn I are

Pros:

Amazing support from tech support. The credit card processing is excellent They matched my rate which was the best in the industry.

Cons:

Tough to move over to it. We really liked Quick Books POS but it didn't integrate with E-Commerce. Looking forward to getting our e-commerce going agan.

Lorraine
Retail, 11–50 Employees

CAP for Grocery store

Pros:

The promised ability to use my existing hardware which was not possible with any other grocery specific POS program.

Cons:

It was not specific to the grocery industry and is not flexible in changing to changing needs within the grocery industry. For example, when an additional tax was imposed for telecommunication cards this program did not have the ability to differentiate it which would be required in order for me to report taxes to the state. Also, my own personal, custom gift cards cannot be processed through the system nor can I scan and process Major gift cards through this program.

4 years ago

Lorraine, We are sorry to hear you have not had a good experience in regards to some areas within our software. Please give us a call at your earliest convenience so that we can assist you at 704-405-5089.

GARY
SALES in US

EASE OF DOING BUSINESS

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: OVERALL IT WORKS FOR ME AND MY BUSINESS, MOST IMPORTANT MY CUSTOMERS ARE SATISFIED.

Pros:

CUSTOMERS ARE SATISFIED WITH ALL REPORTS AND RECEIPTS

Cons:

SOME OF THE CONS ARE WHEN ADDING A PRODUCT THERE SHOULD BE A FIELD THAT LETS YOU ENTER THE QUANTITY OF INVENTORY YOU ARE ADDING.

Sarah
Manager in US

Great Tech support service

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It has been a great experience overall. Very friendly & efficient

Pros:

We've had it for years & it's easy to use. Whenever I call for tech support, I get great service. I called yesterday & [sensitive content hidden] helped me get back in business quickly & efficiently. Very patient:)

Cons:

I'd like to be able to change some of the formats to suit my needs, but am not able to

Haig

use of POS

4.0 last month New

Pros:

ease of use for checkout, ease of understanding . simple to set up . not complicated and very user friendly

Cons:

the complicated inventory management of scanning each single sku and having to label each exact product but because of size difference each sku is different so therefore we just dont use the inventory side that much

Patrick
Owner buyer in US
Apparel & Fashion, 11–50 Employees

Transfer from one to another

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

[sensitive content hidden] was great on showing me what he was doing and how I can deal with it in the future.

Cons:

Reporting is hard, sales reports and trying run inventory control. I don't know what kind of codes to put in.

Joseph
IT Manager in US
Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

POS Setup.

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Customer service is always great. [sensitive content hidden] was friendly and knowledgeable and quickly got us setup on a new workstation.

Cons:

No complaints about POS Nation for Retail.

Gary
Field Technician in US
Computer Networking, 51–200 Employees

Great Support!!

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Friendliness [sensitive content hidden] showed and how helpful she was.

Cons:

The service was great no dislikes. Truly enjoyed the experience.

Kevin

POS Nation/Cash Register Express

Comments: POS Nation and Agents have been amazing to the best of their ability.

Pros:

Ease of ability to upload previous POS data into it. Ease of daily use.

Cons:

What i would consider to be simple items to fix often cannot be fixed. Time Clock is not supported for QuickBooks upload.

4 years ago

Kevin, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write us a review! We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your experience with our team, and that we have represented POS Nation well. We look forward to working with you again soon!

Gordon

Great system for the Money

Comments: I have spent the most part of a year researching most if not all the different POS systems out there. Though there are other systems that would fit my business model, the down fall is a lot of them are cloud base. With the lack of internet available in Alaska I need a system that I could use without total reliance on the internet. POS Nation was the best application for my needs. I was able to purchase everything I needed to operate my business, I 'm currently operating two stations with a third acting as my storage and back up system that was purchased locally for that purpose. Take the time needed to properly setup this system, the data you can get form this software will greatly assist you in making decisions in maintaining and growing your business.

Pros:

CRE is a good program for the kind of business that I run. I recently purchased a grocery/liquor store which has a RV park and small hotel that I have been able to manage through the software. It was a lot of work setting up inventory, and incorporating the RV/Hotel to make it work with the system but with due diligence and with the great support POS provides has made managing my business far easier then it would be without it.

Cons:

​I have had only minor issues with the hardware for example the key boards that are sent with the system are not worth the box that the were sent in had to replace them with in a month of receiving them. The keys stick and get stuck and not everything can be done efficiently through a touch screen. The back office program is a great program with good reportage, but working with purchase orders need some work. The creation of a PO doesn't work with real world situations. Once generated the can't be adjusted when faced with stock outs or quantity changes. So I don't us it to generate my orders with vendors, more so for receiving my orders. Again these are just minor issues. Again the reportage you get form the system is very informative and allows you to efficiently manage your day to day, monthly and yearly reportage.

Scott
partner/owner in US
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Review of Personnell

Pros:

The customer support team, in particular [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been awesome. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was fantastic with getting my problem solved as quickly as she did. I hope that she answers any future calls we need to make.

Cons:

Inability to add surcharge for credit card/debit purchases. Our credit card processing is through Payment Depot/First Nashville and the need to go to a separate screen and hit another key, while our customer is waiting is cumbersome and not efficient, either time wise or financially. We have been told that this is due to us using First Nashville, but it is hard to believe that a processor of this size is not set up in your system for this to be handled. Please feel free to contact me for further response.

4 years ago

Scott, Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are happy to hear that our customer support team represented POS Nation well. In regards to your inability to add surcharge for credit card/debit purchases, we definitely can help you get this setup. Please give our technical support team a call at 704-405-5089 to get you the assistance needed. Thank you again for your review! We greatly appreciate you as a customer.

SHIV
DIRECTOR in Trinidad & Tobago
Construction, 2–10 Employees

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] WORKED WITH ME TODAY

Pros:

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] TOOK HIS TIME AND ADDRESSED ALL ISSUES I HAD ON MY 4 STATIONS. LUCKILY HE WAS ABLE TO CORRECT ISSUES THAT WAS CAUSING MY SYSTEMS TO CRASH. HE WAS VERY PLEASANT AND TOOK TIME TO EXPLAIN EVERYTHING TO ME. HE WAS VERY HELPFUL AND IF NEED BE I WOULD LOOK FORWARD TO WORKING WITH HIM AGAIN...OTHER REPS SHOULD FOLLOW PATTERN..THANKS

Cons:

SOMETIMES IT CRASHES....SOME AGENTS LEAVE ME WITH A BACKUP FROM 2017 WHICH IS CONSIDERED CRAZY BECAUSE WE ARE IN 2020...

4 years ago

Shiv, Thank you for your feedback regarding our technical support team. We pride ourselves on delivering service our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! Also, if the POS System does crash again, please be sure to either call our technical support team or email us at [email protected] so that we can get this addressed as soon as possible. Thank you and we greatly appreciate your business.

Sharon
CFO in US
Tobacco, 2–10 Employees

We love POS Nation

Comments: We pay the monthly maintenance fee, which is very helpful when needing assistance in the evenings. We are open from 9am until midnight, so we need support during a wide range of times. POS Nation offers that coverage.

Pros:

This software is great at inventory tracking. I use the Advanced Reporting also that allows me to customize various reports that are not offered as a standard report.

Cons:

I wish is had a way to export several fields all onto one report into an excel file. The only export offered is from their list of standard reports. So I have to download 2 or more reports into excel and then merge the data together to get the needed information.

Daniel
OMSI Director of IT in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Simple POS system

Pros:

It does a lot for the money. It has been easy for our store clerks to learn and use. They provide good support for a great reasonable monthly price.

Cons:

Don't really have anything for what i least like.

4 years ago

Daniel, Thank you for your feedback regarding our POS System and our technical support. We pride ourselves on delivering service our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! We are also happy to hear that it has been easy for your store clerks to learn and use! We greatly appreciate your business.

Bony
MANAGER in US

System Support

Comments: [SENSITIVE CONTENT] Called Tech Support team with PAX Machine issue!! [SENSITIVE CONTENT] hoped on the computer and directed me to do couple of troubleshooting and it was all fixed with in mins. Team is always helpful.

Pros:

User Friendly!! Inventory management is super easy!! Tech support available 24*7!!

Cons:

PAX machine disconnects too often!! only issue we have with this POS

Jack
Director in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Large, complex software

Comments: Expansion of existing Point of Sale system - new terminal and migrating from a single standalone installation to a server-based installation. Great technical support during the transition.

Pros:

It gets the job done. Responsive sales team during initial contact. Excellent support while installing the product.

Cons:

Complex user interface. Very complicated database structure

4 years ago

We're happy you're staying in touch with tech support! Let us know how we can help with anything else in the future. Thanks for the review!

Nick
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Best POS For Liquor Store.

Pros:

Easy to operate and maintain POS . [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are best in team.

Cons:

Only future it has to be add like Daily Journal Reports so you can see whole day details.

4 years ago

Nick, We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your POS system so far. Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback with us. Please let us know if you need anything in the future!

Genevieve
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

CAPS Team

Comments: Tremendously satisfied

Pros:

Easy user friendly Compared to other POS systems I’ve used this one is right on point

Cons:

Can’t think of anything. No complaints on anything.

3 years ago

Genevieve, We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your POS system. Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback with us. Please let us know if you need anything in the future!

Cherryle

POSNation Review

Comments: Inventory is a breeze and balancing is a breeze!

Pros:

The ease of use! I, the owner, and my staff love how easy it is to ring up customers!

Cons:

I did not have any adverse things to say! It’s perfect!

SHANON
EVENING MANAGER in US
Food Production, 2–10 Employees

GREAT PRODUCT AND SERVICE

Comments: WE HAVE HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE WITH THIS COMPANY SINCE WE BOUGHT THE SOFTWARE. IF I EVER HAVE ANY ISSUES, POS ARE ALWAYS THERE TO HELP ME.

Pros:

I LIKE THE EASE OF HOW THE SYSTEM WORKS. IM VERY IMPRESSED WITH HOW WE CAN KEEP UP WITH INVENTORY MUCH BETTER THAN BEFORE.

Cons:

HONESTLY I HAVE NO DISLIKES WITH THE SOFTWARE

Hillary
Server in US

I worked as a server at multiple establishments that utilized a POS system.

Pros:

This software allowed efficient customer service and quick delivery of quality product. It allowed the staff to communicate orders efficiently to the kitchen.

Cons:

There really weren't many cons associated with this software.

Scott
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

review

Comments: fantastic

Pros:

ease of use...comprehensive...detailed...

Cons:

everything is perfect no negative issues very happy

4 years ago

Scott, Thank you for your kind words, and for taking the time to share your feedback of our company! We greatly appreciate you and your business.

Liz
Store Manager in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Great software for a retail store.

Pros:

This software is easy to use and has all the functions needed to properly operate and manage inventory/ sales.

Cons:

Customer Database could use upgrading making it easier to look up customers and input information.