15 years helping Singaporean businesses

About authorize.net

We help make it easy to get paid. It's that simple. We've been helping businesses accept payments anytime, anywhere since 1996.

Learn more about authorize.net

Pros:

This suite of features is essential for the day to day running of our business. Vastly improved customer support.

Cons:

There is no text to pay feature. Right now we can only email invoices.

authorize.net ratings

4.2

8.0/10

authorize.net has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 175 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used authorize.net before?

Nipon
Nipon
Executive Director in Bangladesh
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

They are still providing the best card processing services for websites & online shops!

Comments: Great! I call them the universal card processor for almost every sort of business

Pros:

You might not hear a lot about them these days but actually they are the biggest network of merchant account provider processing card payments for almost every type of businesses since the beginning of e-commerce. They offer plan for high risk business sectors too and process cards in a lot of currencies. Plug-ins available for almost every platform out there and clear payments to bank daily.

Cons:

I found there interface little tricky and needed expert’s help to integrate with my e-commerce site.

Joe
Marketer in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

A Bit Dated, But Functional

Comments: Overall, positive experience. Had one day where the servers went down and were unable to take payment for a couple hours. Other than that, zero outages or complaints.

Pros:

We've had very little problems with fraudulent payment attempts. Security settings are quite customizable and ease of setup is good.

Cons:

The interface is a little outdated. Other processors like Square and Stripe feel more sleek and modern, more navigable.

Falak
Network Administrator in Canada
Internet, 2–10 Employees

Very Convenient payment processing for customers and merchants

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Payment processing is very streamlined as it is very easy for customers and merchants to manage payments and it sync very well with different accounting softwares

Cons:

The Payment processing time is very long I think. It takes some time to post the payment, but this sometimes depends on banks as well.

Josh
Josh
Managing Member in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Slow Payments, Convoluted Explanations for Account Use

Comments: Overall, Authorize.net has some benefits like customer trust and fraud prevention and if you are good at code, it might be great for you. Otherwise it seems a little outdated and complicated to set up and use beyond their automated features.

Pros:

I do like that Authorize.net is pretty widespread in its use, and that I feel I can implement it in a variety of mediums including SuiteDash CRM and Payments, my website, etc. It is rather versatile in that sense and allows for customization or more simplicity if needed.

Cons:

If you are doing anything beyond setting up Authorize.net with them directly and having them manage your processor, it is really difficult to figure out what to do and what you need. Customer service is great, but I prefer to just get things done on my own without multiple phone calls to set things up. Payments come slowly and it just overall feels really outdated for me.

Valerie
Owner in US
Hospitality, Self Employed

less expensive versions

Comments: it is okay, but possibly will be looking for less expensive options that might be mobile

Pros:

very nice staff, always helpful when I need it.

Cons:

small businesses need less expensive options, I do not have a credit card option to scan out in the common room, just my computer. The hand held unit that I was given years ago, never worked and [sensitive content hidden] never tried another option.

Neda
B&B Owner Operator in Canada
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Reliable and up to date service

Comments: It has been great for the last few years

Pros:

Ease of use and integration and good customer service

Cons:

I can only cancel a transaction after 60 days and because we take the deposit months in advance, it can become an issue due to cancellation of our booking

Micheal
Marketing Director in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

authorize.net: An Easy to Deploy Billing Software

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

The capabilities of authorize.net are excellent. authorize.net helps us automate our billing. authorize.net is the best.

Cons:

No dislikes for authorize.net. authorize.net is the best.

Bradley
Marketing Director in Canada
Automotive, 51–200 Employees

Great compliance tool for pro users...

Pros:

Ease of setup and integration with existing web platforms.

Cons:

Customer support was a tad lacking. Took far too long to get answers to generic questions.

Charline
Owy in US

Great customer service

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Great customer service, helpful on the phone!

Cons:

None so far, been a new user recently. No complaints yet

Pedro
Pedro
CEO in Portugal
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

It's good and it works

4.0 last month New

Pros:

It's easy to use and to integrate with ecommerce solutions

Cons:

Not that cheap for micro businesses that deal with micro values

Think Tanks, 2–10 Employees

It's been great for our business

Comments: Authorize.net has been super simple and straight forward to use. I've been able to cancel a charge that was made in error before it even hit a card. I get full details of who is purchasing and how much. I can look up transactions easily. It's been a great second backup system for us as far as credit card records. It's been very easy to implement on our website and we've been very happy.

Pros:

I have loved using Authorize.net. Often I have to go back thru our credit card records to check how much was charged or how much was refunded. It's great to be able to look up via credit card number or names. Customer service has always been excellent whenever I've needed to contact them. I also like that I'm able to run reports of all of our transactions when I'm trying to compartmentalized different amounts and categories. It works well with our registration system.

Cons:

I wish that we were able to issue refunds after the 3 month period. I know we can lose some of our security measures to allow our system to automatically refund but we don't want to do that. Instead we take the cc number and manually enter it into a different refund system for those return that are past 3 months. I think the security issue is a mandated issue and there is not much Authorize can do. I do wish the downloads went to a simpler to read excel format but I tend to take the CSV file and do what I need to do to make it work.

Katharine
Lead Box Office Representative in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Authorize.net is a good standard for authorization terminals!

Comments: It allows for our business to run far more smoothly in contrast with our clunky patron CRM software. It's a solid product to use and while it has it's flaws, is nothing short of consistent. Less frills and smooth than Square but in many ways far more direct and clear.

Pros:

- Very easy to use towards transactions, refunds and troubleshooting any and all patron issues within our site. -Allows to run reports for settled transaction, dispute declined transactions and see where fraudulent purchased might occur. - Has access to extended actions that allow us to void transactions, go into our accounts linked to the terminal and locate specific details we cannot always locate otherwise.

Cons:

-Can be a bit slow with processing requests or locating specific transactions. -Is temperamental with the variables (i.e. first, last name, zip code, etc.) when running reports. Have to be careful when entering data, must be exact or actions may not always be carried out clearly. -Running reports will not show transactions within the last business day, setlled or unsettled. -Processing refunds has a 90 day limit.

Katherine
Development Director in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Authorize is a Must for Fundraising

Comments: Authorize allows our office to be efficent in collecting payments for our campaigns and track donors. It also is a quick way to look up past payments in the transaction search-- a feature we use weekly!

Pros:

Our office can do everything with Authorize.net...track payments, set up recuuring billing, recharge community members. Our favorite feature is how we get an email everytime someone uses the credit card form on our website so we do not have to go into Authroize.net to pull up information.

Cons:

Our office would benefit from the last 4 digits of the credit card in the email that is sent to us after someone makes a payment.

allie
Director of Membership in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Decent Merchant Services

Comments: As I mentioned above, it integrates well with our website and is easy to do transactions on the app. It's nice not to have to worry about merging systems.

Pros:

I like that Authorize.net is easy to integrate into our website and other things that we use to accept money. It makes it seamless when needing to do event registration. They also have a great app you can download and use for transactions which I really like and has been a simple way for us to take money at events. Definitely recommend.

Cons:

I haven't found anything with the software I don't like. It seems to be good for our needs and we don't plan to switch anytime.

Tiffany
Administration in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Simple, easy, effective

Comments: Overall, Its an okay software. If you are looking for the most basic cost-effective system then Authorize.net is great. If you are looking for some bells and whistles with more options of what you can do, I would suggest something else.

Pros:

The fees are much smaller compared to competing software. Reports are easy to read and find.

Cons:

If any refunds or evaluations need to be made for a payment, you must wait at least 24 hours for the transaction to settle before processing any type of refund. This has caused some issues with customers and would love to be able to do it on the spot. The launch of the software was a little shakey. We received multiple error codes that customer support could not help us with.

Bryan
Bryan
Product Director in US
Design

The payment gateway we've preferred for ecommerce development projects

Comments: Reliable and trusted payment processing

Pros:

Authorize.net is the standard in payment processing. For a complex and established ecommerce website, Authorize.net will offer the features needed and provides a trusted payment solution. Processing fees will be lower than competition like Stripe which larger volume businesses will benefit from.

Cons:

The interface, lack of reporting, and complexity in setup is an issue for us in 2018 when options like Stripe can be setup and running in a few hours vs days with Authorize.net

Jessica
Jessica
Operations Director in US
Medical Devices, 2–10 Employees

Authorize for Small Businesses

Pros:

We have been using Authorize.net for over 10 years with no complaints. We use it strictly for online credit card processing both manually and on our website. The website is super easy to use and navigate. We recently added the fraud detection suite to our account that Authorize has available. We are very happy with the results and the filters you are able to place to control fraudulent activity.

Cons:

Nothing. We have been very pleased with this software.

Dawn
Assistant in US

Simple for transactions from desktop or mobile

Pros:

We use authorize.net from our desktop pcs and in the field for our technicians. The administrator features are really good. Being able to make reports and authorize devices in a breeze. And for simple card entry it is pretty straightforward.

Cons:

I wish there was a section that just was labeled "recent transactions" so you did not have to go through editing dates and menus. Also, it would be great to see emails of customers after your have sent the receipts.

michael
manager in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

I like using this application because of it's ease of use.

Comments: Ease of tracking credit card transactions that were made on-line from our website. It is very simple to do refunds as well.

Pros:

The reporting is simple to use and doing voids or refunds is very straight forward. Documenting and printing receipts is also a great feature.

Cons:

Credit card processing security is very strict. You only can do refunds that are 120 or less days old. Sometimes we have a need to go out further to refund a customer.

Sharon
CEO in US

Excellent for online bookings

Comments: A great tool that enables our business. We love it.

Pros:

I love how simple the tool is to process payments online. Our customers often express their distrust in online systems when booking with credit card systems they don't trust. Authorize.net enables us to install that trust in our business and also enables us to process all types of card payments, reducing our churn figures that come with physical bookings.

Cons:

Can be difficult to navigate, especially on mobile. We have also had some fraudulent transactions that the system did not notify us of.

Banking, 201–500 Employees

Integrated with a shopping cart program

Pros:

We used this to accept payments and integrated into a multi-store shopping cart site. Initial integration came from both Authorize and the shopping cart program. They knew the information regarding Authorize, so the integration went well.

Cons:

Pricey in the beginning. Take a look at the fee associated with everything before committing. What is the break even point to using this program.

Government Administration, 201–500 Employees

Reliable payment processing

Comments: We use Authorize.net as payment processor in 3 different applications that we use to accept credit card payments. Their API is compatible with the different software and is reliable without downtime.

Pros:

Authorize.net is compatible with all of the different cashiering software that we use. It is reliable and I don't know of any outages or problems processing cards or transactions. It is easy to create an account and get started.

Cons:

It can be difficult to understand how to setup and use their API if you are doing your own programing and their admin website is not that easy to use when changing settings on your account. They are often changing their API for increased security but that comes with the inconvenience of reprogramming your API interface.

K.C.
Sr. AR Specialist in US

Get's the Job Done

Pros:

I have used Authorize.Net for about 2 years now and I have rarely ran into any problems. I love the clean format and it's easy to get the job done. I would recommend this product.

Cons:

The interface of Authorize.Net hasn't changed in the 2 years I've used the software. So I'd say my only request to improve the software is add some cool new features every once in a while.

Joel
Head Admissions Coach in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Company Focused Software!

Comments: Light University Online has been using Authorize for the last 5 years and we have been very happy with their program and focused on any customization needed for our company. The integrations that we need, reports, and user-friendly services for sales are perfect for our daily income.

Pros:

Integrations for customization needed for our services.

Cons:

Archive dates of transactions going back later and import of data from other software.

Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Works great...until it doesn't...

Comments: Customer support is fairly competent but several were smug. And I'm not only referencing the issue I had with the transaction limit (where I was obviously frustrated), I have had several communications and about half were less than friendly/helpful. Never saying anything overtly negative, but just bad attitudes and not treating people like valued customers.

Pros:

Competitive rates. Set up was relatively smooth,.

Cons:

1) No alerts when you're nearing your transaction limits. 2) Going over your transaction limits is VERY painful - they hold on to your funds and request a ton of information (more than I gave them when we signed up), and once you've hit your limit, you're funds are permanently on hold until you jump through all of their hoops (e.g monthly transaction limit of $X, monthly transactions of $X - $1 = no problems, monthly transactions of $X + $1 and your account is frozen indefinitely, even when the next month comes and you're assuming that you have $X limit again - NOPE!).