• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.2 /5
    4.2 /5

About HotSchedules

Transform your scheduling process with the industry's most widely adopted forecasting, scheduling and communications tool.

Learn more about HotSchedules

Waitress
Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2021

"Shift Swap Simple"

Comments: Overall, every restaurant should seriously look into an app like HotSchedules. It saves time and stress on all, avoiding hand written notes that get lost.

Pros: Hotschedules was introduced to the restaurant a few years ago, and it saved so much stress! Employees were able to switch shifts, request time off, and view schedules so easily!!

Cons: The only con is user error or awaiting on a manager to accept the requests that are sent in. If they are not in the office, they cannot see the requests to accept or deny resulting in the employee calling to confirm the action requested.

• Reviewed on 16/02/2021
Jessica B.
Catering Manager
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/08/2019

"Hotschedules Is Perfect For The Hospitality Industry"

Comments: This has helped manage overtime before it even happens. While scheduling employees, the software calculates the hours and gives you a warning for any person that is going into or approaching overtime. This has saved us money and helped better allocate time. Hotschedules is a game changer for the hospitality industry.

Pros: This software is extremely user friendly. I love that my staff is able to put all of their availability changes, requests for time off and switch shifts through the software. It makes it extremely easy to create the schedule each week. Tracking of overtime is a huge help as a manager as well. This is a must have tool for anyone in the hospitality industry. It will save your scheduling sanity!

Cons: The only downside to this software is the cost for the app. While it is minimal and you can still log in for free through any web browser, a free app would be ideal for the hourly employees. I honestly have no other bad things to say about this software. I highly recommend it!

• Reviewed on 09/08/2019
Jeanne R.
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/01/2017

"Easy to use"

Comments: I am not quick to learn anything regarding computer programs, but hotschedules is very easy to use. Makes putting your schedule together stress free. At times website itself has issues that can be frustrating.

Pros: Makes schedule making quick.

Cons: The website goes down or kicks you off for extended periods of time. I will say this happens less frequently than it used to. I have used hotschedules for almost six years.

by HotSchedules on 16/02/2017

Jeanne,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to provide feedback for us, we really appreciate it! We are happy to help make your business more efficient. We apologize for the complications you've been experiencing with our site at times, we have have a status page that shows when we have brief latency issues that might be of use. Thank you for being a part of our community for so long!

• Reviewed on 31/01/2017
Bookkeeper
Entertainment, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/10/2018

"Very convenient"

Comments: I really like HotSchedules because it’s so convenient. The program is fairly easy to use but could use improvements like more schedule layout options.

Pros: HotSchedules is very convenient to use for the business and employees. I love that I can message everyone as a group, a specific job title, or individuals. I love that the employees can view their schedule in real time from anywhere.

Cons: HotSchedules is time consuming to use. The functionality of the scheduling area could be improved to save time. When it comes to syncing employees with our Micros system it takes too much time and has gotten “hung up” multiple times. Customer service gives great direction but takes too long to get an answer. The layout of the roster is hard to read and offering different layout options would be a huge improvement.

• Reviewed on 28/10/2018
Yolanda F.
  • Reviewed on 03/02/2017

"A idea for improvement."

Comments: I would like to see an option to add special event to the schedule calendar. This would help us as a reminder to adjust schedule to accommodate for the increase or decease of business. Also it would provide historical data for future budget/forecasting.

Pros: -It's available in a smart phone app
-employees are able submit days off for approval
-forecasting

Cons: Adding event to schedule calendar

by HotSchedules on 13/02/2017

Yolanda,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We love any bright and innovative ideas our customers come up with to help improve our product. Check out our community page to talk directly with a customer care specialist!

Banquet/Catering Manager
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2018

"This program was easy to learn and very user friendly."

Comments: The benefits that I get from this software are being able to put out a schedule in real time and get it to my employees in an effective way. It also benefits my employees because they are able to use it and make changes to their schedule if needed. The alerts are great!

Pros: What I like most about this software is that you can send your employees messages and post schedules that will go directly to their e-mail and/or text.

Cons: What I like least about this software is that it sometimes will glitch when I'm in the middle of a schedule and then I will have to go back and redo the entire thing.

• Reviewed on 18/01/2018
Alison I.
  • Reviewed on 02/05/2020

"No customer service"

Comments: I really liked the services even though it was expensive. It was very user friendly. The customer care and accounting departments made my experience a bad one.

Pros: I like the functionality of the software

Cons: I am so disappointed in the customer care. hotschedules continues to charge me after I request to suspend services. I have contacted them 8 times over this and my account was drafted numerous times after cancelation. Everyone I speak to says they do not have the authority or ability to refund me or suspend or cancel my account.

• Reviewed on 02/05/2020
Kelsey H.
Server/Bartender
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2018

"I used HotSchedules for a serving job and it was easy to access and convenient."

Pros: The accessibility was it is biggest pro. Being able to login to this application from anywhere and pickup or release shifts was great. I also loved that once a schedule was released, I would get a text notification of my upcoming shifts and the app also showed when my alcohol certification would expire.

Cons: There were no cons to this app. I really think this app is very beneficial to have. The only thing that I would change is for the app to document the clock in and out times.

• Reviewed on 24/01/2018
Larissa E.
Server and Associate Manager
  • Reviewed on 24/05/2018

"I've used Hotschedules many many years with restaurant jobs."

Comments: It made it extremely easy to keep up with work schedule.

Pros: I love the convenience and ease of the app. With Hotschedules, you can easily pick up and release shifts. Also as an associate manager I used many other functions such as the logbook. Everything is just really easy to view. I also love having everyone's contact information in one place.

Cons: No complaints about Hotschedules! I think for restaurants, it is the best scheduling tool out there!

• Reviewed on 24/05/2018
James M.
Social Media and Content Marketing Manager
Food & Beverages, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2019

"Great way to manage staff schedules with ease"

Comments: Was part of a team that used HotSchedules for shift management.

Pros: I like how shifts can be swapped and picked up without having to involve a manager. Managers can set certain rules, but within those rules employees can handle it on their own.

Cons: I don't like how clumsy the app was in 2014 when I used it. It was not mobile friendly, and didn't sync well with email and google calendar. This may have changed since then.

• Reviewed on 17/09/2019
Paige B.
Server
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2020

"Great scheduling program"

Comments: I have had a good experience with this program. Keeps everything organized, and easy to get extra work if needed. Plus you can see your pay stubs on there as well. Everything all in one place.

Pros: I love being able to see your schedule online, and being able to pick up extra shifts or let them go as needed.

Cons: Sometimes if you cant get connection there is no way to check something online. Your schedule is a important part or your job.

• Reviewed on 20/08/2020
Ryan C.
Director of Operations
Restaurants, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2017

"Wonderful Program!"

Comments: HotSchedules has been an invaluable resource to not only our management teams, but also our hourly team members. It allows us to be more flexible in our scheduling which, in turn, aids in recruiting and retaining the best talent.

Pros: Ease of use.

Cons: Nothing at this time.

by HotSchedules on 14/02/2017

Ryan,

Thank you for the wonderful review and feedback! We value your role in our community and appreciate your time.

• Reviewed on 01/02/2017
Amy M.
Educator
Government Administration, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2018

"Helpful in emergencies"

Comments: This was a great software to use. After having to call-in shift changes and wait on hold for managers for years in restaurant work, this software and its app is a great gift. I also don't have to physically go to the restaurant to see my new schedule when it comes out!

Pros: I liked most how "shift-swapping" at my restaurant became very simple. I could easily release my shift on my phone app and people would pick it up or if I needed it quick I could message people on the app or call them on my phone. They could easily pick up the shift through their phone app and no need bothering a manager as a go-between. The manager does need to approve the shift, but it is simply done and after I've already got it covered :)
I liked how I can change my settings to receive email alerts or not.

Cons: I did not have any problems with this software.

• Reviewed on 20/11/2018
Aaron M.
Reliability Technician
Machinery, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2020

"Hot Schedules helped me out a big way!!"

Pros: Hands down, the best part of this software is that I can go back and get my w2s. It is easy to log in and submit time and cover shifts, but I have never worked anywhere else that had software that I could go back years and get w2s.

Cons: Nothing, this has been my favorite software to use of all the places I've worked.

• Reviewed on 15/10/2020
General manager
Restaurants
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2018

"Sheduleing at it's finest."

Comments: Ease of scheduling and communication to staff. Documentation of scheduling issues are always recorded.

Pros: Communication with staff is easy. Schedule can be sent directly to staff phone via text. Staff can change shifts with ease.

Cons: Staff reporting tab could have some more detail. Training is needed to fully understand forecasting and accurate template schedule.

• Reviewed on 12/03/2018
David G.
Owner operator
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2017

"A great app for a growing business."

Comments: A great app for a growing business. At schedules is fairly easy to use. A few of the features are a little tricky. But the main features are a great resource To keep track of your staff. I do very much enjoy the staff log.

Pros: And all in one spot for scheduling shift changes and notifications

Cons: And all in one spot for scheduling shift changes and notifications

by HotSchedules on 16/02/2017

David,

Thank you for providing us feedback! We are pleased to hear our product has made scheduling smoother and more efficient for your business. Thank you for being a part of our community!

• Reviewed on 15/02/2017
Breez A.
Bookkeeper
  • Reviewed on 03/02/2017

"Great tool for scheduling!"

Comments: Before hot schedules we were just making the schedule on an excel sheet and all the employees would give us their requests for time off on a sticky note but now with hot schedules it makes it so much easier to write the schedule and to view peoples time off request. It is also a great tool for the employees to release or pick up their shifts and seeing who will be working that day. It has made things much easier for everyone and since the majority of people have smart phones they can easily access their schedule.

Pros: -Very convenient
-Easy to use
-Decent price
- Takes all information from Aloha so that you do not have to enter new employees multiple times

Cons: -If you terminate an employee it will come back as an active employee unless you also terminate them on Aloha

by HotSchedules on 21/02/2017

Breez,

We know you're very busy, so thank you for taking time out of your day to provide us feedback. We love to serve those who serve and are happy to help your business run more efficiently.

If you have any specific suggestions for product enhancements, please do not hesitate to voice your thoughts on our community forum page!

Happy Scheduling!

Laura R.
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2018

"I use the software and mobile application daily. It is very useful for scheduling and tracking labor"

Comments: Maintimg schedules, communication between team members, tracking labor and sales goals.

Pros: Ease of use. It is very user friendly. It is updated regularly and offers training applications to instruct on new updates

Cons: It often freezes or becomes unresponsive at random times of the day. The house shift option is also very touchy.

• Reviewed on 15/03/2018
Nikki G.
Owner/Operator
Restaurants, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/02/2017

"First time user"

Comments: I love hotschedules. It has really helped me get my business running more fluid, not just for myself but for our staff. Especially when it comes to making a schedule and the ease of use for the staff. I wish Hotschedules had a way for us to incorporate breaks though. That would be very helpful.

Pros: What I like most is the scheduling. I can make a template of a schedule used commonly or start from scratch.

Cons: What I like least is probably more on my part, and that is that I find it to be a lot going on and I am not exactly technologically savvy. But customer service has always been great at helping me answer any questions that I have.

by HotSchedules on 21/02/2017

Nikki,

Happy Scheduling!

• Reviewed on 10/02/2017
John C.
Instructional designer
  • Reviewed on 05/09/2017

"Great software works even better with schoox"

Comments: Made me more efficient at ensuring that I ran accurate reports for the DM'S

Pros: I have worked in the restaurant industry and this allows for easy scheduling and payroll management for my employees and it's simple to use. Furthermore if you are using e-learning this software teams up well with Schoox *LMS* in order to provide courses for my staff. They can easily take their courses the day they start working because the system auto enrolls them into their courses while allowing them to know their shift schedule.

Cons: There's a bit of a learning curve associated with hot schedules because of the different options but it's great regardless.

• Reviewed on 05/09/2017
Luke D.
General Manager
Restaurants, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/04/2019

"Cadillac of restaurant scheduling software"

Pros: Easy of use, reporting, scheduling, communication, projecting sales and budgeting. This program has it all and then some.

Cons: It requires a team to set up. It is cost prohibitive to smaller operations

• Reviewed on 08/04/2019
Phil R.
General manager.
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2017

"General manager"

Comments: Really like the program makes it easy to post schedule and for employees to be able to work with one another to change their shifts

Pros: Easy to use works well for all employees plus shows labor percentages and tracking. Nice to be able to use the daily log to communicate with everyone as well.

Cons: Nothing

by HotSchedules on 27/02/2017

Phil,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to provide us with feedback, we greatly appreciate it! We value your role in our community.

Happy scheduling!

• Reviewed on 25/02/2017
Lawrence D.
Executive Sous Chef/ Kitchen Manager
Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2019

"Great scheduling software"

Comments: Solved many scheduling conflicts without much thought.

Pros: Simplifies writing and planning schedules.

Cons: Entering the data in the beginning. After that it's very easy to modify.

• Reviewed on 06/12/2019
Jeff P.
Assistant Manager
Restaurants
  • Reviewed on 15/06/2018

"Good program."

Comments: Easy access to schedules and daily notes. The forecasting is amazing with everything it considers.

Pros: Easy use for employees, the web page navigation on a cell phone works well. The app is definitely a plus.

Cons: Negation is hard to understand for upper management. Would like to be able to add daily notes on the schedule for events happening that day for the employees.

• Reviewed on 15/06/2018
Robin C.
Sales
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2019

"Great Product"

Pros: I like to easy it is to customize your view and notification

Cons: I wish the UI was a bit more sleek looking, its a bit bulky at the moment

• Reviewed on 27/03/2019