15 years helping Singaporean businesses

Adobe Creative Cloud Reviews

4.7 (7,282) Write a Review!

About Adobe Creative Cloud

Adobe Creative Cloud is a suite of creative software and services including design, photography, video, and web development tools.

Learn more about Adobe Creative Cloud

Pros:

It has a lot of features and allows you do to nearly anything you can imagine. Customer service and tutorials are super helpful.

Cons:

Half of them download the wrong app (Lightroom) and some times they choose the wrong paid plan because they find it too confusing.

Adobe Creative Cloud ratings

4.7

8.7/10

Adobe Creative Cloud has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 7,282 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Adobe Creative Cloud before?

Filter reviews (7,282)

Avash
Avash
WordPress Web Developer and Pagespeed Optimization Specialist in Nepal
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

#1 Design Software in Market

Comments: I have been using Adobe Creative Cloud for more than 3 years and it has been the best choice among other competitors for all these 3+ years. The software I use most is Adobe Photoshop and it has helped me a lot in my professional career. For all the features available in Adobe Creative Cloud - I absolutely love it! If you are a graphic designer, you need Adobe Creative Cloud as it is the #1 graphic designing software available in the market.

Pros:

One subscription - and I get access to 20+ awesome design software. I also get access to stock photographs and other assets which I use regularly as they are of high quality. It's also easy to work on a project with teams as projects are saved online. The thing I like most about Adobe Creative Cloud is that - it gets updated regularly. Due to regular updates, I can be sure that the features of these software are in accordance with current technologies. I have spent more than 3 years using Adobe Creative Cloud in regular basis - and I can say that I learn something new every week and this has helped me a lot in my professional career.

Cons:

Subscription for only one software is expensive and doesn't seem to be suitable for beginners. We also need a fast performing computer to use most of Adobe software - which is fine looking at the features they offer. However, I think there is room for improvement of performance.

Marketing Specialist in US
Retail, 51–200 Employees

Love My Adobe Creative Cloud

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I love Adobe Creative Cloud. It has helped me to elevate my graphic design work to a new level, and I find new tricks and helpers almost every day to make my job easier.

Pros:

Seemless integration between programs. I primarily use inDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator and I love them all. I use all three of these products, plus Acrobat, on a daily basis.

Cons:

I have no issues with Adobe Creative Cloud.

janet
owner in US
Photography, Self Employed

Scamming customers to pay monthly fees

Comments: I purchased a software cs6 disc 8 years ago. It's been working for 8 years. Now I get a pop up that it will be disabled unless I upgrade. This company is a scam. I have been in contact with them 7 times to resolve this issue. It has now become a form of harassment. Their customer support people are ignorant. Then they send you to self help. Not only have they wasted much of my time, but my websites and pictures are at stake. They are investigating non genuine software and using honest people to investigate. If you have this problem I suggest you contact the federal trade commission as they are fraudulent and trying to increase revenue illegally but threatening to disable a product you purchased. They can't suddenly disable a product I bought and ask for a monthly payment. It's a scam. I have CD's and DVD's and movies. They don't tell you after years you have to start paying for them monthly.

Pros:

nothing. the company has terrible ignorant customer service

Cons:

They will disable your software unless you pay a monthly fee

Andrew
Owner in Canada
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Adobe Is My Daily Driver

Comments: I have been using Adobe tools for over 25 years and generally they have become better. I have recommended a variety of the Adobe tools to others depending on their needs and budget.

Pros:

The cross-functionality between applications is critical and generally works very well. For example, I enjoy being able to create pieces in Lightroom, Photoshop, and Illustrator and compile them in InDesign. I was just using the tools today to build a variety of print and digital pieces.

Cons:

There are some silly quirks with the programs such as in Photoshop you can't paste the file path when opening or saving a file (they use an old file structure format), or in InDesign you can't export as an SVG. There are work arounds, so the software is still useable as a daily driver.

Seth
Client management in US
Computer Networking, 51–200 Employees

How Adobe helps me

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, I didn’t have the cloud space I wouldn’t know where I would be as a entrepreneur and as a creator when it comes to organization and the ability to actually get a lot of my ideas done

Pros:

I can access all my work in my data at the drop of a dime and with the price of a button and share it with all my colleagues at that same speed

Cons:

Sometimes the price can be a little bit hard, but it’s worth it when you look at all the

Brunno
Diretor de Ti in Brazil
Public Policy, 51–200 Employees

Exceptional quality

5.0 last month New

Comments: My experience with the software is old, the quality it delivers, the functions and new technologies make me not trade for anything, it speeds up many things in my daily life, making it practical and effective.

Pros:

In addition to exceptional quality, all technology deployed in the software, quality and new features.

Cons:

Difficulty finding some tools and shortcuts. For certain editions.

Ami
Creation in India
Animation, 2–10 Employees

The bestest and easiest app that i have ever used and introduced in my company .

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Wonderfull app and very creative features to use as per companies perspective.

Pros:

The easy and amazing features that are accessible by anyone .

Cons:

Everything i liked is almost and not least

Claudia
Freelance Video editor in US
Design, Self Employed

Love the software hate the price.

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I love that all of the program are pretty easy to caught on to. Not much of a learning curvy when transferring from program to program. Drag and drop is really nice. My favorite Adobe softwares are Photoshop and Adobe Premiere.

Cons:

I miss the days when you can just pay one time for the softwares you need. I dont use anything other than Adobe Premiere pro and photoshop so the other programs are kind of unnecessary for me to pay for. I am a college student so 19.99 is okay but changing the price to 39.99 after one year is kind of insane. Honestly if we could get the option to have a lower price for two programs a month I would do that. But I am canceling mine over the price. Too many new programs that still allow one time payment elsewhere.

E-Learning, Self Employed

My honest experience about using Adobe Creative Cloud for my E-learning platform

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

First of all, the app is a bundle of software included altogether so it is easier to navigate through which software to use. For my E-learning education, I use a variety of software for creating content like designing logos, editing videos and photos and I always ultiize adobe creative cloud instead of opening each software separately. There are also updates rolled out regularly once you log-in to software so I don't need to update each software manually. I have absolutely no problems with the software especially what it comes to its performance. No noticeable bugs so far according to the best of my knowledge.

Cons:

Sometimes, the software gets unresponsible (although occurs rarely), you can just exit it and reopen the second time to fix the issue. For the first time users, it can be hard to navigate through each of app's functions but gradually as time goes by, you will eventually get the hang of it so no worries at all.

Coby
Photographer in US

Great editing software!!

5.0 last month New

Comments: I would say that my overall experience has improved over the years and I am glad to have the program for my work.

Pros:

I love the connectivity of the various output points for the program and the high quality of the photo and video editing.

Cons:

My least favorite aspect is that of the lack of speed when downloading updates and firmware changes.

Christy
Christy
Photographer in US
Photography, Self Employed

My Personal Experience of the Advantages Using Adobe Creative Cloud.

Comments: The problems that I have been able to solve with the use of Adobe Creative Cloud have been many. The main issue has been when I am on the go. I have been able to download the apps on my cell phone, then continue exactly where I left off on my desktop at home and vice versa.

Pros:

I like that when you open Adobe Creative Cloud, everything that you need is right there in front of you. The programs that are offered by Adobe are all listed together, making it easy to understand which program would work best for the tasks at hand. Adobe Creative Cloud makes it very easy by automatically updating the software. I know that when I open any Adobe product, it's going to be the most up-to-date copy. As a graphic designer, having the access to Adobe Stock Images has been a job saver! Every time that I have had to look up an image, I have found several that are in the closest context of what I am looking for, if not exactly.

Cons:

I am not able to find any dislikes towards Adobe Creative Cloud.

Jay
Website and Marketing Manager in UK
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Lost without it!

Comments: We were struggling to find adequate software for designing, editing and publishing our media (Video, graphics and vector based!) and when I had suggested we move to adobe as oppose to the free alternatives, we found everything we need in one package. Training our team on the new products was ridiculously easy thanks to the thousands of tutorials and user guides available online - so a seamless switch over to far more powerful software was exactly what we were looking for!

Pros:

We use Adobe Photoshop, Lighroom, Illustrator, After Effects and Bridge as part of our daily work - website graphics & icons, editing product images taken by our in house photographer and organising them all finally through bridge. Honestly, we couldn't go without it now. Everything is at the touch of our fingers and by using preset workspace layouts and editing features, it turned what was once a laborious time consuming exercise into a streamlined function. Everything from our icons and page layouts down to our social media images and short animations and videos are produced within the creative cloud suite. Simple pros! Ease of use Range of techniques available Variety of media Simple to organise and share between colleagues. Excellent compression tools for optimising for web

Cons:

Honestly - the only con we have is that in a busy working environment, we sometimes require multiple users to access the same piece of software and only having limited licenses on our plan meant we have to upgrade but, that in itself is not actually a con - just a fact of life!

Graham
Solution Architect in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

The defacto creative toolkit

Comments: Our creative team can use a consistent suite of applications for all their work and temporary staff know they will find familiar software to work with when engaged with the agency. Whilst the apps are extremely comprehensive, they can be daunting for new users. Single applications can also be individually expensive to purchase.

Pros:

- Flexibility to use most of the market-leading creative applications - The industry standard, all of our creatives and clients have the ability to view the files - The most powerful image editing and design software - Covers the ability to create print, web and mobile media within a single subscription - For an agency who uses most applications, this is great value for the subscription fee

Cons:

- Can seem a large monthly expense for an agency with a large team - To gain the value users need to regularly utilize multiple applications - Photoshop and Illustrator can be slow for web design, other more focused applications can be faster to design in the digital realm - There is a fairly steep learning curve to become a power user as the apps are very feature-rich

Owner in UK

Tried & tested

Comments: I use creative cloud apps everyday in my photography business for both managing Image files, basic editing & client viewing in lightroom, advanced editing in photoshop and also the creation of marketing materials (fliers, posters etc.) also in photoshop. I've been using Photoshop for about 18 years, and Lightroom for well over 10 years and I'm still learning. They're not the easiest programs to get your head around, but there's a lot of free great material available on YouTube to get you up and running. I've never had any issues with the software or subscription and I often recommend them to others.

Pros:

The creative cloud subscription gives you the latest version of the software, there's no need to buy a new version each time it's released. Personally I use the photography package and have lightroom & photoshop as part of this, both of which I use daily. The latest features/updates in the 2020 version (of PS) are great (especially updates to content aware fill) and are very useful for the type of work I do saving me a great deal of time. A lot of people moan about the subscription route Adobe have gone down. Personally I think it's a positive aspect and the great thing about it is that you can try it, and if it's really not for you then just cancel your subscription and try something else.

Cons:

The only thing which I found slightly annoying, is that some of the features & functions work slightly differently when you're essentially trying to do the same thing. For example transform, crop etc. - sometimes I have to hold shift, sometimes I don't depending on which function I'm using which is confusing - there doesn't seem to be any standardisation. Also I find going from Lightroom to Photoshop can also be confusing sometimes when the same tools in each program, use different commands/shortcuts etc. it does take some getting used to.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2–10 Employees

Great Product, but Costly

Comments: Adobe Creative Cloud is undoubtedly leading the industry with its technology. The ease and interchangeability of projects between each application in the suite is a HUGE time saver and has prevented a lot of extra work and headaches.

Pros:

I like that the software is constantly being updated. It is nice to not have to worry about whether or not your software is out of date. The wide selection of applications is nice and convenient to have bundled together as well. Being able to choose the option to only pay for specific programs is also nice to have, however, I find all the products very useful, so I pay for the entire suite.

Cons:

The recurring monthly fees add up. There used to be a time when you could just buy the software outright, which I honestly prefer.

Lea
Sales Associate in US
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

Adobe Creative Cloud Honest Review

Comments: Overall, Adobe Creative Cloud is a good software for anyone in the graphic design, animation, film, or any other similar industry. It’s easily manageable, but does take up a considerable amount of space, and does need to be used fairly often in order for you to get your money’s worth.

Pros:

I’ve been using Adobe Creative Cloud for a couple of years now, and I’d say I’ve had a pretty Decent experience. My day job is a retail sales associate, but I make some extra money by doing art commissions, and creating ads. I’ve also used Adobe in my education (I majored in animation at an Arts High school). While it is expensive, I appreciate their student features the most. If you are a college student (which I am now) they offer a student plan. You can use the whole Adobe suite for around $20-30 a month. Each program individually costs much more, and can get very pricey. I mainly use photoshop, animate, and media encoder. However I dabble in the other programs as well. Creative cloud makes it easy to access all of your programs from a small, desktop shortcut (mine appears at the top of my Mac-book computer) and allows you to manage all of your programs at once. My favorite feature is that, since its in the cloud, you have the ability to delete, and reinstall any of the programs you use without loosing all of your data. This is especially essential for me because my computer is constantly low on storage with all the work I do, so I can install and reinstall the Adobe apps when I see fit with just a click of a button and less than a minute.

Cons:

The only issues I have with Adobe Creative Cloud is that in it if itself, it takes up a considerable amount of space, andsome of the programs can have a few bugs. However, they do allow you to submit issue reports with the programs, and they issue constant updates (and yearly, they do complete updates on each app to fix their problems). The only thing I do not like about the yearly updates is that they come in the form of entirely new apps, which means you can have photoshop 2018, 2019, and 2020. This CAN be useful though if you need to work on a piece you did years prior on an older software.

Rick
Director of photography in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

The standard

Comments: Adobe is crucial to what I do. The alternative options available are pretty capable also, but that’s only because of the trail Adobe has blazed. I can’t think of another product that allows me to create design photography audio video and animation all within the same ecosystem.

Pros:

Every design or marketing team that I’ve been a part of for the last ten tests has used the bundle of Adobe products that eventually became creative cloud. It’s become an indispensable tool in our industry. The cloud based service along with subscription pricing structure changed the application space for the better because you’re always up to date with the latest features. The seamless integration between applications and file types has created the most productive digital workspace imaginable.

Cons:

Sometimes the inconsistency across the app interfaces can be frustrating. For example, the crop tool in Photoshop I has a shortcut key of C but in Lightroom the shortcut key is R. You can create your own shortcut keys in Premiere but not in Lightroom. I wish Lightroom Classic would work on iPad on a per catalog basis

Tim
PM in Kenya
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

The defacto toolkit for creatives of all levels and specialisations

Comments: Adobe creative cloud has a way of drawing you in and keeping you there, once you become even a little proficient you become reliant on it and unwilling to work with anything else. Adobe know they are at the top and they dont even try to compete with anyone else and you can see it in their software, they do their thing regardless of market and usually user feedback. Their rigidity has ensured a solid and stable product nonetheless so for now it is working for them.

Pros:

Adobe has been in existense for a long time and as such it just works, it will allow the experts to achieve anything they can imagine by following the same workflow they habe been doing over the last 15 years or more.

Cons:

For a beginner it can be quite daunting, 1st to deternine which tool to use when, and once you are inside it, to access the functionalities you need. The yearly release of versions can be quite annoying in keeping up, especially for those who purchased a lifetime license rather than the cc version. The price is also uo there.

eLearning Consultant & Food Safety Auditor in UK
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Creative Asset Development and Management of Content is A*

Comments: From creating logos; to creating stock in Adobe Spark with links and downloads; Adobe Photoshop for quick photo edits that are then used in Indesign or Illustrator. There is really so much. My most usage is Adobe Acrobat and an Invaluable tool. I am a Subscriber but will Invest and buy Adobe Acrobat. I do not know how a business can work effectively without it as most documents need eSigning or adding or reducing pages and editing in .PDF format. It is so easy with Acrobat. Most of my usage is for creating Assets for Online Course Development, so I work across the Creative Cloud but there is always more to see. Can't wait to use the Animator! It also works well for Software Gurus that just want to try more and more and more. It is an addictive software that is not going to go away. Very Professional indeed. I used this from the days of Photoshop 5 and Coreldraw (no competition for Adobe at all). I will always use Adobe and recommend it for professional and creative industries.

Pros:

Adobe Creative Cloud is so very very adaptable to whatever you need it for. There are just so many tools and features that you can use and are easy to learn too if you are new to them. I love the creative flare to simple Assets that you create and how professional the content can look. Also, the use of Stock Images; Videos; etc.. that can be used across all of the Creative Cloud products. Being able to use them from the cloud makes for easy usage for business by just having a link or being able to login and see your Mobile Content.

Cons:

The only thing that can be a problem is waiting for a Mobile App to upload and save what you are doing, but to be fair, this is directly related to your Internet source - Adobe is not responsible for this so I would say it is something that you as a User must ensure is clean (that is the internet source).

Necessary for Photogrpahy and Videography Power Users Only

Comments: In general, if you are a photographer, there isn't an alternative that is anywhere near as powerful as Photoshop, or as intuitive and robust with Photoshop cross-functionality as Lightroom, neither from Apple, Nikon, or any third party app. If you are just a occasional photo-editor or do this as a hobby, then this is most likely too much. But if you are a power photo-editor and/or need to do large batches of RAW file editing, these programs are essential. Essentially, you are not a pro unless you use these programs in your photo-editing process. I've used virtually every mainstream competitor, and while many will get you 90% of the way, they are not power user programs and don't have the years of refinement that something like Photoshop does. Think GoogleMaps vs Apple Maps.
That said, I use these programs because I have to, but they are not great programs, especially Photoshop. Users have become power-users because of constant use and I commend them for not having changed the basic form/function of their app like Microsoft has over the years so that someone who was a power user from three generations of the software ago can go in and feel mostly at home with CC. But in general, this is a very tough program to learn as a new user and most take tutorials or classes (or both) before understanding how powerful Photoshop really is. As a professional photographer that does bulk photography (like wedding photographers and event photographers), Lightroom is unmatched.

Pros:

Powerful tools that are always up to date. Photos are synced via cloud and can be edited/worked on from multiple computers/mobile devices as needed.

Cons:

Memory hogs, these programs require top of the line processors, graphics cards, and RAM (8GB minimum) in order to use on a regular basis without constant freezing. Expensive model since you are paying in perpetuity. If you want a onetime cost and use legacy software like days of old, this is not it. Different apps within the suite have completely different feel to them, as if the developers had zero interaction with each other (which they probably didn't). Adobe, Lightroom, and Photoshop all feel and work completely differently. That means that each program requires you relearn each one. If you only sporadically use some programs in the suite, getting re-acclimated to the tools every time can be frustrating. Redundant names like Lightroom Classic CC vs Lightroom CC makes their naming an absolute mess.

othmane
Designer in Morocco
Graphic Design, Self Employed

Photoshop

Comments: Alfotoshob is a great program for sophisticated image processing, it is used to modify the application of digital images, and it helps to improve the quality of the photograph, and is the best assistant for artists who rely on Alfotoshob to create a wonderful work of art is distinguished, and Alfotoshob is one of the best design programs for the company ( ADOBE) giant at all. The Photoshop program contains a graphical interface that gives you the impression that you are a painter who paints a wonderful painting, and there are tools and equipment such as brushes, colors and others. This interesting program features the ability to move any part of the body and you can work warp, With a graphic feature on the images, it makes you look like a real painting with a natural brush, and you can convert a picture to another. When you learn how to use Alfotoshob well, and you can improve your skills, you can use this excellent program to edit photos and works of art and repair defects and malformations poor to obtain the image with the best purity and quality and accuracy, and you can remove and change the backgrounds in Pictures .

Pros:

Photoshop has a lot of features that distinguish it from the competing programs in the editing and editing of images, including: [1] Photoshop has a consistent user interface, although not simple and complex, but it is clear and easy to handle compared to other competing programs, allowing manual access to options as well as jobs Automatic and lots of shortcuts. Photoshop features a sophisticated, high-tech program, where experts can reduce the visual adjustments that the computer deals with, giving better results in contrasting colors, changes in size and other editing and processing effects, which makes Photoshop better. Photoshop is not limited to editing images, but extends to all media over the Internet, you can modify the video clips, and create 3D images in addition to graphic design. Alfotoshob has been popular among people, and there are a lot of videos that explain the program and teach people how to deal with the problems they face.

Cons:

Adobe Photoshop is a relatively simple program to use, but it is not designed for beginners, but is primarily a photo editing program for professionals who rely on the editing of many images in a systematic way, and there is in this advanced program many different tools that have different functions and tasks Too, so it will take a long time to learn how to use the program correctly. Most beginners can not easily understand the functionality of this program, so they can get what they need when using another program, and many people who are not used to editing photos using Photoshop, the functionality and advanced features in Photoshop will not be useful for them. Adobe Photoshop is not free, it is one of the programs that have the source code, and the source code means the secret and source code is the code written for any computer program by the programmers, Adobe Photoshop is relatively expensive, compared to other programs to edit images , And it has a lot of features and therefore is the industry standard in graphic design, and will spend much more when using Alfotoshob, if you do not plan to edit images every day. There are many programs to edit and edit images and graphics and are considered less expensive, and are available to users who do not need all the powerful and advanced features provided by Alfotoshob, Alfotoshob requires a computer equipped well, and needs many tools, and takes a lot of space In your computer memory as well as RAM.

Thomas
Thomas
Freelance Visual Artist in US
Design, Self Employed

Adobe Creative Cloud - All of my design needs right where I need them.

Comments: Overall, I believe that Adobe's Creative Cloud programs are really worth what you receive. I haven't used every program included in Creative Cloud, but the programs I DO use and depend make what I do as an artist possible. Great teaching tool.

Pros:

I have been using Adobe's creative products for years, especially when they didn't even start organizing their Software brands with Abode Creative Cloud. The programs I mainly use within the Creative Cloud are Photoshop for illustration and design, while it's also very nice and convenient for me to design logos/type in Illustrator to later import into Photoshop for post-rendering. I've had mild experience with a few of their other products, such as InDesign and Aftereffects as well. Adobe After effects is their primary animation suite, and I've also had some great experiences with that program as well. All of the programs featured within the Creative Cloud Suite are very easy to learn and understand, in my personal experience, even though I may be biased considering how much experience I've had with these products over the years.

Cons:

I wish there was an auto save function within the system. I've had many times where I simply forgot to save some amount of work, and while it's a good practice to save constantly on your own, this I could see definitely helping out in those situations. Otherwise, I don't really have any issues, other than some slight performance/optimization issues that may be more on my end. It would be much better if Adobe offered users the ability to buy their software instead of buying into subscription-based services.

Don
Manager of Technical Services - Digital Media & Broadcasting in US
Education Management, 5,001–10,000 Employees

The best bundle of tools for creative professionals

Comments: I have used Creative Cloud since it's original release and never regretted the decision. We mostly focus on their video, audio, and photo tools where I work. Tools such as Adobe Premiere, Audition, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. Each tool is excellent at what it does and if not the leading tool in the industry, very close to it. Adobe releases at least 2 large new versions each year with many point releases in-between, further enhancing your investment. They are great at listening to and implementing customer feedback.

Pros:

Creative Cloud makes it very easy to access, install, and manage Adobe's wide range of creative products. With more recent versions they've made it very simple to see what applications are installed, can be installed, and have upgrades available. Its also very easy to uninstall any application you are no longer using. Beta versions of the applications are also accessible and can be run in conjunction with release versions, which is a great way to preview what new features are coming up. Even better, outside of managing each application, Creative Cloud saves your application settings to the cloud. This includes everything from templates and fonts to custom window layouts and keyboard shortcuts. Should you you log into your account on a new computer, all of those preferences can by synced to it. This is a big time saver for anyone who regularly needs to switch computers, such as students working in different computer labs.

Cons:

There are very few things I dislike about Creative Cloud. The biggest is probably the cost of entry. If you are a professional and making money on a regular basis with Adobe's software, then it's definitely worth the cost. If you are a hobbyist it's more difficult to justify spending $50 or more per month when competitive solutions can be purchased with one time fees for much less. As a result, while I would strongly recommend it to any of my professional friends, I would not do so for a neighbor or friend who is seeking to dabble in what these tools have to offer. It's too bad Adobe can't figure out a more cost effective way to let those hobbyists access the tools while maintaining their reasonable monthly subscription cost for professionals.

Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

20 plus years using Adobe's products, time for a review

Comments: in 1995, I was introduced to Adobe Photoshop and it's ability to layer compositions and never turned back. I've worked with the best digital retouchers in Germany, Designed along side legends in the beauty industry, and have always pushed the limits of the Adobe software line until Creative Cloud came out. It was the first time I used cloud based software and was amazed by the new features and abilities. For once, I was learning more than doing and the challenge was well worth the switch. my only concern is for the users who do not understand the benefits of the SAAS model and see it as a price barrier. Basically, the Creative Cloud pushed out novice/occasional users as they are not willing to commit to a monthly bill. Other than leaving behind such users, the CC edition of Adobe's software suite has been the leading edge of the creative industry. From Live TV ads, to Print billboards, and catalogs with hundreds of pages, I've been able to do it all thanks to Adobe and their software.

Pros:

I love the new cloud-based platform and all the features that come along with it -Stock imagery flows directly into my projects -Libraries follow me through my day for each client -The Pallette based GUI has always been the best on the market -Customization of key commands was a huge upgrade a while back -Being able to paste vector forms from AI to PS is awesome

Cons:

-AE is always having trouble with my video card even though listed and drivers are updated -AE often stops rendering previews and I must restart to gain back the ability to preview timeline (related to first item?) -I would like to see more pricing options for those who don't need the full kit. Example: a small company who cannot afford "Teams" and only needs one seat for design, but needs multiple seats for edits.

Erin
Principal Designer in US

Must-have for any designer!

Pros:

I've been using Photoshop and Illustrator for ages now to edit images and set type in my design work. Photoshop is the most powerful image editing tool on the market. The most useful feature by far is the content aware scale. I use this a lot when I'm editing images for web pages where text needs to be on top of the image. It allows you to manipulate the size of photos by stretching them out with minimal distortion. So handy! The lasso tool is also very helpful for selecting complex shapes and images from a photo to put on a plain or different background. If you're a professional designer, there really is no amazing substitute for photoshop yet. It's the best there is. Illustrator is great for doing type work and I love using the art boards to have many variations on the design at once available. Photoshop doesn't have this feature, which is something I really love about Illustrator. To do graphic and web work, you really need to use multiple programs in tandem, so unless you're a photographer and only edit pictures, you'd also need to use Illustrator. Web design stuff is better done in another program. Dreamweaver is outdated and I never found Fireworks to be useful either.

Cons:

The programs are not super easy to use without a lot of practice. It really is an art form if you want to do complex image editing like cutting someone out, adding something in, making the background bigger, etc... but there are many helpful tutorials online that you can watch to help learn as you go depending on what you need to edit. If you just need to do basic editing like cropping and adjusting color, brightness, etc... you can get away with something much simpler. But in terms of type setting Illustrator and Indesign are still the best in my opinion. Another weakness of photoshop is the typography options. I've tried to mix type with imagery in photoshop for designs before, but the kerning and special character options are no where near as good as you can get in Illustrator. So, you really need to use Photoshop and Illustrator in tandem if you're doing type and imagery graphic design work.