• Overall

About UKG Pro

At UKG, our purpose is people. Our love for all things HR and workforce management is matched only by our people-centered culture.

Learn more about UKG Pro

Katie S.
HRIS Administrator
Biotechnology, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2019

"UltiPro has been a great partner!"

Comments: It has been great!

Pros: UltiPro is very user friendly, we are able to customize the system, and utilize reporting to replace manual processes.

Cons: The system has been great and has overall improved our processes.

Amber C.
Consumer Goods, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2019

"Everything in one place"

Pros: I love how I can keep track of everything at once. Benefits, pay, direct deposit info. All easy to find and change if needed.

Cons: There is nothing I do not like about this software.

• Reviewed on 29/07/2019
Travis D.
HR Manager
Higher Education, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2018

"Appreciable comprehensive product with amazing functionality"

Comments: Overall it is really a wonderful product that provides us an excellent opportunity of viewing the whole HR information in one location. I love all the uncountable excellent services that Ultipro offers us.

Pros: I personally prefer excellent HR site of this product. I like the fast Payroll processing of UltiPro. Its ease of use is another interesting feature. It provides easy ways of navigating. It let us quickly log in or out. It can be easily accessible. In order to have quick information, I found its mobile application a great blessing indeed. Paying history and many other things can be easily viewed with the help of it.

Cons: As far as I am concerned with this software, I have not found any negative side of this superb website. I never face any hindrance while using it. One thing I want to suggest here is that its team should add more features in its mobile app similar to PC software.

• Reviewed on 10/12/2018
Paulino V.
General manager
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2018

"It is simply an administrative assistant of excellent quality"

Pros: UltiPro has helped us a lot when carrying out some administrative or human resources tasks, being a small company we do not yet have the resources to create a human resources area, so Ulti Pro has always helped us to handle those kinds of issues

Cons: In the contras that we find the tool is that it is not always so accurate at the time of throwing the requested data, maybe this is an error at the time of using the tool, but in all the time that I have used this has happened to me only 2 times

• Reviewed on 14/03/2018
Kim M.
Payroll Manager
Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"UltiPro Review"

Pros: It's easy to use (once you learn the system). It integrates with most systems. It offers so many different platforms.

Cons: You need to be able to drill down Recruiting more. I don't want my managers to be able to see all candidates, only the ones that apply for their location. Customer Service is not always quick, ESPECIALLY the Tax Group.

Cristen B.
Wireless, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2020

"Timesheets and Time Off"

Comments: Overall I have enjoyed working in UltiPro. The training videos are very helpful to understanding navigation and submitting requests.

Pros: Easy tracking of PTO Balances, previous time off, and submitting of PTO to your manager. The Calendar view is extremely helpful when reviewing PTO Plans. Easy to review and approve teams timesheets on a weekly basis.

Cons: Some features may be hard to get to and when PTO requests are adjusted or rejected there is a lag until you see it back in your PTO remaining balance.

• Reviewed on 17/11/2020
Project Coordinator
Consumer Goods, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2019

"Ultipro review"

Comments: I think it is great. It loads quickly and has what you need right on the main page. The clock in function is simple and the fact you can have favorites easily shown is really helpful.

Pros: I like how its pretty clean to look at. You can create favorites so its a quick click to the things you use most.

Cons: Its a bit hard to navigate. Sometimes its confusing which is the link for the thing you want or the tutorial for that thing. Also the mobile version does not offer the same thing as the web version. You are unable to clock in if on mobile, you have to switch over to the web version

• Reviewed on 22/02/2019
Renee W.
Career Services Manger
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/08/2020

"Ultipro"

Comments: Ultipro is a wonderful tool for employers and employees. The ease of use is great! This is one less thing to have to worry about.

Pros: I have used Ultipro for over 4 years now. We started with Ultipro to do our timesheets. We are now using it for all of our employee needs.

Cons: Sometimes it is difficult to find what you are looking for. Updates seem to change where you can find things.

• Reviewed on 18/08/2020
Human Resources Specialist
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/09/2018

"ULTI IN ULTIPRO MUST MEAN ULTIMATE BECAUSE THE SOFTWARE IS"

Pros: What a complete and amazing software! It is unbelievable how much Ultipro can offer. We have been using this for a while now and it is keeping up with our advancing needs. Our team is pleased with this software, it has helped us greatly and lightened our load.

Cons: Upon the first usage of this software, our team had a massive difficulty in learning how to operate it. It was difficult and it seems that more features were learned while using UltiPro. Learning manuals were present but it was only for the basic features.

• Reviewed on 19/09/2018
Systems Engineer
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2018

"A really nice alternative to some of the larger players..."

Pros: I really like how easy UltiPro is to use. It's a really great suite of applications and services that allow you to effectivly manage your workforce. My company uses it for payroll, time sheets, vacation plans, career development, and benefits management. All of the features work well together and feel tightly integrated.

Cons: Some of the database tables capture information in formats that aren't standard. We do a lot of custom reporting out of UltiPro and some of the tables just don't make sense in why they're put together the way they are.

• Reviewed on 19/12/2018
Jeffrey M.
HRIS
Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"Best of the Best"

Comments: I have worked with UltiPro for over 10 years and have done multiple implementations. Most recently implemented for my current company with a live date of 1/1/18. We condensed our implementation into 6 months and they were the only ones willing to accommodate the timeline.
I couldn't be happier with the product over the years and they continue to make every module better. They are great partners and I genuinely enjoy working with them.

Pros: Ease of use and continuous product growth.

Cons: Not much, but API's with additional vendors would be nice.

John andrew C.
Marketing associate
  • Reviewed on 15/07/2018

"We use ultipro primarily for our semi annual Self assessment appraisal program."

Pros: Ultipro is easily customizable depending on what discovery questions you need. It can be Parameter specific and can be tailored to cater different line of businesses and departments. It can accommodate a huge organization. We have 2,000 employees under our department alone. And our operation spans over 5 major cities. If we are talking about a large scale operation, the system can handle it without a doubt.

Cons: The actual process of customizing the program is not handled by our department. I'm at the receiving end of the process, but i can see the work that you need to put into this to establish that point of discovery per department. So the more department you have, the more work you have to put in. Which is totally understandable.

by Ultimate Software on 26/07/2018

Hi John Andrew, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying your experience with us. We hope you have a great day!

• Reviewed on 15/07/2018
Michele T.
Accounts Payable Specialist
Medical Devices, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/12/2019

"All in One Employee Management Software"

Comments: I think it's great. You can manage your time if you missed a time punch, you can alter it. You can request for time off and get it approved in the same place. It's a great software for employee management.

Pros: It is very safe to use and I can do everything in this software. I clock in and out, I can view/change my benefits, change my direct deposit, and my personal information. It keeps everything in one place and very easy to use. It's not complicated to figure out. The human resources department has information there as well.

Cons: There isn't anything I really do not like. I would say it is difficult to get some documents to come up under the employee document page.

• Reviewed on 24/12/2019
Jordan P.
Inside Sales
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2019

"UltiPro"

Comments: Does UiltPro get the job done? Yes. Does it need a lot of work to improve their performance and accessibility? Yes. Overall though this product does what it promises and if that what your looking for, I'd recommended it in a heartbeat.

Pros: I like that they have a mobile app you can download from the app store. Makes things more convenient then to have to log onto you laptop or home computer to check your statements.

Cons: I like the mobile app yes but there has to be a lot of work done on it. I feel like certain things are harder then they have to for instance, sometimes I would forget my password and have to log onto two different computers just to create a new password and log in. Also find that if your using your phone and you go on the browser it gives you more details and an in depth look into your statement more then the actual app which defeats the purpose. I just feel as there needs to be more R&D for this software to become perfect.

• Reviewed on 03/12/2019
Rita M.
Activities Supervisor
Hospitality, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2020

"Daily User in Supervisory position"

Comments: I have relied on this software to help me manage payroll hours, track attendance and benefits without a single issue in the 2+ years I have been using it. It is truly worth the investment for any firm of any size.

Pros: This is quite a time-saver for management in that there are so many features for helping maintain payroll and attendance functions. It is one of the most reliable systems I have ever used.

Cons: There is some lag time between when a new associate is hired and when they are enrolled which I think is not software related, mostly our HR department's issue. Other than that, no other complaints.

• Reviewed on 18/12/2020
Jason L.
Credit Analyst
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/01/2020

"Great Customizability / UI Improvements"

Comments: Great features, not very pretty to look at. The layout of the time card sheet is also very obtuse, making it hard to review previous time punches.

Pros: I like the fact that the UltiPro platform can be customized to fit our company's needs. We are a small startup in the transition to growing into a high yield financial company. We just on boarded 150 people in the last few months. We needed something to handle the live-time clocking in and out of employees. So this feature, among housing a live corporate directory, has proven to be easily implemented.

Cons: The layout of the menu. There is a lot of unused white space on the web app. When looking for the time clock I have to navigate through two sub menus.

• Reviewed on 05/01/2020
Leslie O.
Administrative Assistant
Accounting, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2019

"UltiPro - Utilitarian, but Useful"

Comments: I've used UltiPro at several jobs, and have had generally positive experience with it. It's a 'one stop shop' for information related to human resources, be it related to ones insurance, pay, PTO, etc. It's a no-frills information program that gives you everything you need.

Pros: UltiPro easily presents you with information about payroll, tax information, retirement contributions, vacation time, insurance information, and pretty much any other human resource information necessary at one glance.

Cons: The password process is cumbersome. It seems like every time I log into UltiPro, I have to regenerate my password, and it's a multistep process.

• Reviewed on 01/09/2019
Counseling Intern
Mental Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2018

"Simple and Easy"

Comments: Ultipro has worked very well with managing time from both desktop and mobile devices and provides many options to work with. It is a good fit for someone who does not want to spend too much time setting up a time/payment program and would like a lot of options already loaded. Using Ultipro has made time and pay management easy and understandable for me.

Pros: The visual layout of Ultipro makes managing time, payments, and benefits simple and easy to understand. The layout menu that shows all your options is an additional reminder to pay attention to important dates and to keep track of hours logged. I receive emails from Ultipro about managing time and paydates which I find extremely useful. Complicated documents are easy to pull up - I never feel like I'm forgetting to do something important with Ultipro.

Cons: Although Ultipro provides many options for managing time, pay, and career goals, it's hard to work outside the guidelines put down for it. This has only come up a few times, when I've wanted to request unpaid time off but the layout only suggests that I can take paid time off. However, Ultipro provides so many options that this is not a common problem.

• Reviewed on 20/11/2018
Annette S.
Human Resources
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2017

"We have been using Ultipro software for our HRIS System serving 1,000 employees"

Comments: Access to all employees HR files

Pros: I like the various functions that Ultipro is capable of. From payroll, Time clock and time off control, keeping a database of employees positions, salaries, name, address, email address, PTO and Personal Day bank and actual time clock. There is an applicant tracking system but we don't use it at this point.

Cons: There is a lack of support from the Ultimate software team. Any requests for service take an inordinate length of time. (months). The service is then not done correctly. We had file feeds giving our 3rd party providers wrong dates of employment, number of hours worked incorrectly. So we had to manually update this provider with the correct information. This delayed our employees getting approved for Family Medical Leave Act and Short Term Disability. When contactly Ultimate, they were not accommodating in getting the file feeds corrected, even though it was their fault. The initial launch of Ultipro was rough as well. Wrong data and mistakes in the files with Ultimate Software Team unaccommodating.

• Reviewed on 14/11/2017
RPA Developer
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2018

"Ultipro provides consistent, easy to use HR services"

Comments: I've been on both the end user and HR setup sides of UltiPro, so I have multiple opinions on it. For the most part, I can see how HR and management likes it. UltiPro cuts down on a lot of manual lookup and integrates many tools and features into one package. And if you're an employee who really only uses it for time&attendance, then it's not really a big change. For the most part, I like using UltiPro and it's a solid HR MS that helps me manage my team in a more concise manner.

Pros: It's nice to be able to view an employee's information via a report. I recognize that you won't be able to gather all the info but having a consolidated PDF generated makes some of my duties a bit easier to begin with. I also really like the modules that accompanies UltiPro. We've used the main modules such as Payroll and Attendance, but it's nice to have things like Recruitment and Workforce Analytics as well. As an aside, I think that UltiPro has pretty strong online customer support. I've almost always found a resolution within a business day or so.

Cons: It can seem a bit... redundant at time. I feel like some features that I have to go through should have already been expressed to another person, and I shouldn't have to input them again. For example, the time-sheet feature feels like it can be incorporated to add minute schedule changes and unexpected TO off a bit better. Also, some of my team says it's a bit tricky for them to find pay-stubs or that it might be delayed in showing up, but I've personally never had that happen.

• Reviewed on 23/10/2018
Michael M.
Helpdesk Technician
Banking, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/01/2020

"Ultipro is great!"

Comments: Overall the product works great, and my company states it is an affordable alternative.

Pros: We have been using Ultipro for about 4 years, and it works great. We manage our time sheets, as well as employee performances in the program.

Cons: My biggest con as a user is having a difficult time telling when I punched out, or if I had just punched out minutes ago. This causes a lot of dependencies.

• Reviewed on 07/01/2020
Peggy K.
Benefits Specialist
Medical Practice, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2020

"The Ultimate Software"

Comments: I have started this year to use the PPACA system which is great! It reduces the manual work involved when the system does it for you. Benefits are great. Looking forward some day to upgrading that to your Prime Benefits. Your Open Enrollment looks cleaner in Prime Benefits.

Pros: This software is people-friendly, all inclusive for processes in our departments. The Support is awesome and timely. The education is outstanding with individual one-on-one, webinars, videos and updates. Communication on what's happening at Ultimate Software, what's new, updates, is ever on spot.

Cons: I'm still working on understanding the Business Intelligence. It seems complicated.

• Reviewed on 14/02/2020
Tiffany W.
HRIS Analyst
Mining & Metals, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/03/2019

"UltiPro - Everyone Should Use It!"

Comments: UltiPro has helped us integrate our 2000+ decentralized workforce into one HR system. We have a lot of HR users in our locations that are resistant to change, but we have been able to prove to them what Ulti can do for them and the time it can save. We use Ulti for HR, Payroll, Benefits, Open Enrollment/Life Events, Recruiting, Onboarding, Performance Management and Time and Attendance. It's great to have all of this in one system, with easily reportable data. As a decentralized workforce, we have many customizations. Ulti can handle all of them with ease. I truly can't say enough good things about the product, and the company.

Pros: UltiPro by far has the best customer service and training I've experienced (I've used ADP, Ceridian and SilkRoad products in the past). The system is user friendly and intuitive and customizable to meet our needs. In addition, the company truly cares about customer feedback - and works to implement solutions quickly. It's an all around solid HR system, with many modules that integrate to give you some great functionality and workflow.

Cons: I hate to truly list a "con" here as I know Ulti is constantly working to improve their products. I would say though that the Recruiting tool needs continuous ramping up to become a true competitive ATS system. It's working for us now, but we need more from it. The GREAT thing is that every month Ulti is rolling out new features and updates to this module. I'm confident they will continue to enhance this product and make it a great tool for us.

• Reviewed on 01/03/2019
Recruiter III
Broadcast Media, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/04/2021

"It’s a solid choice for employee self service portal"

Comments: As an HR Representative I use UKG to track candidates, hire and onboard new employees, grab forms for internal and external use, check employee statuses and oversee compensation and adjustments. As an employee I use it to check vacation and sick time accruals, make tax and payroll deductions and benefits elections. It’s a good platform for internal use!

Pros: I like the ability to work off of 1 platform and have 1 portal for all my needs. I do the hiring for my company and I use UKG for hiring purposes, I also do on boarding for new employees and employee management once they are employees. My favorite feature is on boarding, I think it’s a wonderful improvement and I think it was completely worth the price for how much easier it makes on boarding virtual employees.

Cons: UKG is a relatively new combination between Ultipro and Kronos, and so far I don’t have any negatives but I did find the change over to be abrupt.

• Reviewed on 08/04/2021
Melissa P.
Sr. Generalist
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2019

"Ultipro Review"

Comments: We've had some issues with time and attendance but overall it is doing what we need it to do: employee self service, payroll, benefits admin

Pros: We were handheld during the implementation which was great. Compared to our previous system (zuman) there is much for functionality but there are still things UltiPro doesn't have that we need.

Cons: It doesn't have a fully functioning org chart that's printable (where you can see the entire organization, not just by each manager)

• Reviewed on 25/10/2019