Filter by:

• Overall

About UKG Pro

At UKG, our purpose is people. Our love for all things HR and workforce management is matched only by our people-centered culture.

Learn more about UKG Pro

Nicole F.
HR Leader
Legal Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2019

"Terrible product"

Comments: Poor experience. Implementation team isn’t great or knowledgeable about the proxy or HR processes, which means they can’t effectively help you get the most out of the tool. Once launched, you’ll encounter many issues and glitches and the service team provides slow responses and doesn’t always resolve things. Beyond that, the system is clunky to use and will likely slow down your HR processes and make it difficult to extra meaningful data from the system because reporting is not robust. Overall, very poor experience.

Pros: If you have limited budget and not many online processes in HR, on the surface, Ultimate may have a number of features that will help you transition from paper processes to online. There are many simple features for recruiting, payroll, core hr, training and more.

Cons: Seems to grow by bolt-on and acquisition, which means data sharing between modules isn’t seamless and features and functionality aren’t well built out. For example, the recruitment module is clunky and difficult to use - very outdated compared to other applicant tracking systems on the market. You would be better off using an external applicant tracking system that had better functionality, than to use Ultimate. Same thing for time and attendance - the user functionality and interface isn’t at all intuitive or friendly. That product looks and feels like it was built 20 years ago. Go with something else and don’t pay to use Ultimate, as it will slow things done for hiring managers, employees and HR. These types of problems are pervasive with the tool and, as a result, it may make sense to only use Ultimate for simple payroll processing and very basic core HR. Anything more and you’ll be overpaying for outdated software.

by Ultimate Software on 30/04/2019

Hi Nicole, thank you for your feedback. We're really sorry to hear you are having a less-than-stellar experience with us. We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback and I have shared your comments with the team to help us improve. We hope you have a wonderful day.

• Reviewed on 25/04/2019
Emily B.
HR Systems Coordinator
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2020

"Great HR Software from a Forward Thinking Company"

Comments: We have realized some streamlined payroll business practices, and within Onboarding as well. The overall experience with this software and company have been very good, with some room for improvement. But there is no business out there without room for improvement :).

Pros: The level of customization and the ability to create our own fields is highly valued. This is also an easy system to train new Admins on, and has a crisp and clean appearance.

Cons: There are some improvements needed within UltiPro, especially in Time Management. There are things that we would like improved, but the nice thing about Ultimate Software is you can submit an Idea for an improvement and vote on other ideas. Ultimate takes these Ideas seriously, and rolls out improvements quarterly.

Erin E.
Director of HR
Law Practice, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2020

"Reliable but missing some of the basics"

Pros: The up-time is great. Wish we had more active notification when things are down. Notifications go out a few hours after they start and usually after I've called in and been told it's a known issue.

Cons: Some ease of use items don't exist or we've been waiting a few years since they were suggested in the share ideas portal. As a couple of examples:
-A basic copy of open enrollment or life event set up was suggested at least 3 years ago. It was added to benefits prime, but not regular benefits. That's a basic feature that all of your competitors offer.
-The ability to change an email address for a new employee in onboarding has been request for multiple years as well. It still hasn't been delivered.

HR Generalist
Architecture & Planning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2018

"Wonderful, comprehensive system for all of your HR needs"

Comments: Efficiency and tracking personnel changes

Pros: Ultipro has the type of versatility and customization features needed for small and large companies alike. It's highly customizable so that you can use it for all of your HRIS needs. What I like most about Ultipro is the integration across multiple facets. Your employees' files are stored electronically and the permissions you give the employees allow you to use the system to track and approve changes to position, title, pay, benefits and employees can change their address and names, all electronically.

Cons: Ultipro's customer service is probably the worst feature as getting anything changed or having to troubleshoot issues can take more time than you have, especially within a large corporation.

by Ultimate Software on 24/04/2018

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We're thrilled to hear you enjoy our unified HCM. I do see you have some concerns and just wanted to let you know I have shared them with the team to help us improve. If you have any additional insights you would like to provide, feel free to reach out to [email protected] I hope you have a wonderful day!

• Reviewed on 19/03/2018
Joe W.
HR Analyst & Process Strategist II
Banking, 501-1,000 Employees

"UltiPro is great!"

Pros: The functionality is great if you know how to enable it and use it. There can be a steep learning curve, but once you get there, it's pretty great.

Cons: The learning curve is steep for some areas/aspects of the system. And enabling functions for certain areas is not as intuitive as "turning it on" you have to assign security roles that often conflict or give unexpected access.

Yeni O.
Yeni O.
Product Engineer
Computer Software
  • Reviewed on 07/07/2018

"I love the UltiPro experience."

Pros: The UltiPro user interface is intuitive,easily customizable ,easy to navigate and i have been impressed with how UltiPro has continuously improved over the years ,with new features being added regularly. UltiPro has been superb for my team as a tool for time keeping.
Cognos analytic is a stand out tool on UltiPro , and simplifies the process of reporting on our payroll. I like the standardized report ,and the freedom to edit the names and modify them to fit our business need is priceless.

Cons: Ultipro's workflows are very limited . I will like the user interface remodeled in a way that we are able to view the "compensation-history" from one page , for every staff in the organization.

by Ultimate Software on 26/07/2018

Hi Yeni, thank you so much for the kind words. We're thrilled to hear you enjoy our business analytics features. Have a great day!

• Reviewed on 07/07/2018
Cindy F.
Accounting Manager
Construction, 51-200 Employees

"Why UltiPro"

Comments: UltiPro has saved me significant time in doing my payroll and my overall HR needs.

Pros: UltiPro is very easy to use and I have information at the touch of my fingertips. It is easy to log onto and start using right away. It is a very friendly system and easy to find information. If I am unable to do something the ulit-university is just a click away or I can always create a case and get a call back within 24 hours. The ulti staff are excellent and are always helpful. I can always log on anywhere and complete my work.

Cons: The mobile app does not always work for my employees to clock in and out on. Would like to be able to approve time prior to payroll without having to approve every sheet.

Angie H.
owner/director
  • Reviewed on 23/03/2018

"I really loved this HRIS system. It was innovative and kind of a one stop shop."

Comments: I loved the experience of launching a different HRIS system and I really appreciated having so much information all in one system.

Pros: I loved being able to keep payroll and other human resource information in the same system. I also loved being able to post jobs and gather applications from this resource.

Cons: The worst part about this system was the changeover and start up. The customer service was not great and it seemed like the turnover for that company during our transition was really high and a lot of communication was lost.

by Ultimate Software on 23/04/2018

Hi Angie, thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear you are enjoying our unified HRIS! I'm sorry to hear that implementation was tedious. We actually have been working on a new process to help improve this for new customers. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I have shared your comments with the team to help us improve. I hope you have a wonderful day!

• Reviewed on 23/03/2018
Brittney C.
Marketing Assistant
Publishing, 51-200 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 03/08/2018

"Great for managing HR/Accounting Info"

Pros: I used Ultipro at my most recent job and I loved having quick online access to my pay stubs, benefits, etc. I was able to enroll in benefits very easily and I received my W-2 much faster by opting in for an electronic document. Having this platform even helped me during a busy time in my life where I had to find a new apartment and purchase a car within the same week (job moved). Having proof of income on hand at all times is one of the best benefits of having Ultipro. I can get whatever I need without adding anything to HR or Accounting's workload.

Cons: The worst part about having Ultipro had shown itself around review time. The platform was absolutely not intuitive and the entire company had a hard time submitting reviews. The way the questions were worded was so odd and the instructions were so vague and unclear. We eventually had to move the due date for reviews and give all of the managers an additional 30 days to complete reviews because no one knew what to do. It was ridiculous.

by Ultimate Software on 08/08/2018

Hi Brittney, thank you for your feedback. We value your insights and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Have a wonderful day!

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 03/08/2018
Jaqui B.
Construction Project Coordinator
Construction, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/02/2017

"Easiest HR system EVER"

Comments: I can't say enough good things about Ultipro. This system is by far the easiest HR system I have ever used. As an end user - I find it EXTREMELY helpful to have the ability to log into 1 site for all my HR related needs. From obtaining yearly W-2s, viewing weekly pay stubs., or updating direct deposit or benefit options is user friendly and not much training required at all.

Pros: The ability to add many different HR items on 1 site.

Cons: Sometimes the software runs a little slow but it usually doesn't last long.

by Ultimate Software on 27/04/2017

Hi Jaqui, thank you for providing us with feedback. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying your experience with us. Have a great day!

Micole Kaye, Ultimate Software

• Reviewed on 10/02/2017
Nicole B.
Sr Global Payroll Manager
Computer & Network Security, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/02/2021

"UKG falls short of expectations"

Comments: If you are a small company (200 or less) and do not need to make corrections for employees who should not have had pretax benefits, FICA taxes withheld, anything else that requires a void and reissue of a check, and or an amendment, you will love this system. Unfortunately, UKG needs serious help with the tax filing team and a complete makeover with adjustments. While they have improved pieces of this over the years, they need the ability to process quarter-to-dat adjustments rather than one check at a time! Also, they do not have a YTD payroll register with employee and employer taxes. (employee only, however you can have their product team create this for 5K.)

Pros: I like the ease of process payroll, retros, off-cycles and manual checks.

Cons: If you are a tax filing customer, UKG must set up taxes and they do not always do it correctly, the tax filing team is extremely far behind when it comes to processing simple amended returns (1 yr 1/2+), they still require each check to be voided and reposted, which is archaic and causes banking issues and most their Rapid Response Team are not knowledgeable and obviously not trained well. I have always had high hopes that things would improve with UKG, but they are not keeping up with the technology needed to improve their processes. They need to offer the ability to adjustment wages/deductions for employees by quarter.

• Reviewed on 09/02/2021
Sterling G.
Education Support Specialist
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/04/2019

"Review of Ultipro- GREAT!"

Comments: This makes tracking my PTO and work hours so easy! I don't have to try and track my hours on a spreadsheet...I can see all of my previous timesheets and current weeks hours in Ultipro.

Pros: I love the ability to see your timesheet and paystub in one program. I love being able to go into your timesheet and adjust your hours in the event you forgot to clock in.

Cons: I wish there was a way to see all the PTO requests for my team members. Often times, if I knew that my team members already have a certain day off or have put in requests for a certain week I would know to look for alternate days off.

• Reviewed on 14/04/2019
Elizabeth G.
HR Manger
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2020

"Great mid sized HRIS system"

Comments: Overall we have been very happy with our decision to move to UltiPro

Pros: The ability to customize the system when needed. Easy to use, seems fairly user friendly.

Cons: Time and attendance tracking leaves some things to be desired, hopefully with the merger with Kronos this will be addressed in the near future. There are still some aspects of the system that do need to provide more customization.

Questina G.
Client Relations Manager
Broadcast Media, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/05/2019

"UltiPro- So easy to use and efficient"

Comments: UltiPro has been easy to use and I have had a great experience with this software overall. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a functional and effective tool like UltiPro.

Pros: UltiPro is a great tool or time management and employee information. This software takes out the guesswork for employees and helps the user plan ahead and understand where they stand in regards to PTO and payday schedules.

Cons: Taking time off overlaps the weekend and is kind of confusing to narrow it down to only weekdays.

• Reviewed on 06/05/2019
Danielle P.
Payroll, Benefits, HRIS and Equity Manager
Medical Devices, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2019

"We love UltiPro"

Comments: Full automation is amazing. Interfaces and benefits are great and such a HUGE time saver. Love the reporting and the automation of reporting. The culture of Ultimate Software is fantastic and it shows in the support they give us there clients and partners. We are so happy to be in a partnership with them.

Pros: The easy of use. The ability to configure it ourselves. The resources provided. The customer service. The reporting.

Cons: I am hoping they will open the configuration function to more areas!

• Reviewed on 27/02/2019
Samantha R.
Internal Auditor
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2019

"Great People Management Solution"

Pros: What I like the most about Ultipro is that all my HR information is in one place. I can access training, company information, benefits, payroll, evaluation reports, organizational chart and much more.

Cons: I do not like having to change my password every three months. The password requirements are extensive and it makes it hard to remember. I try to keep it log every time I change it but I don't like to keep passwords written down.

• Reviewed on 18/03/2019
Khushi T.
HR Advisor
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2021

"Easy to use"

Pros: Very user friendly product, extremely easy to use interface. Coming from using SAP, UKG Pro was a breeze to work with.

Cons: I believe the integration took a while for the recruitment piece, but that's mainly because it had just recently been rolled out when we started to implement it. There are many features that can be added to UKG Pro but it's doing a great job so far.

• Reviewed on 20/07/2021
Christian M.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/09/2019

"Love Ultipro"

Comments: Overall, Ultipro has met our needs. Easy for employees to track their time and PTO hours. Links with needed training updates to get employees up to date.

Pros: I like that it's easy to navigate most areas. I can save my favorite links and easily get to where I need.

Cons: Not many negatives to speak of. When employees punch in and punch out, sometimes there can be confusion, but that's easily fixed with call to an administrator.

• Reviewed on 24/09/2019
Kathy J.
Payroll and Benefits Manager
Building Materials, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/11/2018

"Cadilac of payroll and HR software"

Comments: I have found it easy to learn and customer service is very helpful.

Pros: The software is very user friendly and easy to make changes and process payroll. Love the payroll features of multi company payrolls in the payroll gateway and able to work in all with adding additional checks, change the tax type and arrears features. Checks and direct deposit forms are easy to print and the W-2 features are great. We are just moving to mobile and looking at additional products.

Cons: Sometimes when you go to do something you find out you don't have business process activated and you have to go back and try again. You have multiple screens when trying to change and save new information.

• Reviewed on 10/11/2018
Lindsey S.
Lindsey S.
Human Resources Director
Restaurants, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/08/2018

"Best HR Software Out There"

Pros: It is so streamlined and seamless, that it makes my job a piece of cake. Everything is in one place, my employees have access to all the records they need, and it makes tracking a breeze

Cons: No complaints, I love this product very much!

by Ultimate Software on 26/09/2018

Hi Lindsey, thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear you and your employees enjoy our people-first user experience! Have a wonderful day!

• Reviewed on 28/08/2018
Md muhibbul C.
Software engineer
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2021

"UKG Pro review"

Comments: Overall, it's a very good payroll software for managing HR system. Also, notification every payroll date is good thin that we don;t have to always go to website if Payroll is executed successfully.

Pros: We can add new bank online and unlink. Only thing need to make sure we do this before next payroll run. In addition, it tracks all vacation hours transparently.

Cons: Sometimes, when login from Mobile, it routes to desktop version. Probably need to improve customer experience. Also, Menu bar sometimes disappear from Mobile.

• Reviewed on 10/09/2021
Deanna S.
Human Resources
Accounting, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2019

"Use of UltiPro"

Comments: Positive - when I have issues their support team calls and emails until there is a resolution

Pros: Allows employees (past and present) to update their information, retrieve W-2s, elect benefits.

Cons: Some of UltiPro's modules (performance management, recruiting, onboarding) seem archaic and would benefit from more update to date intuitive options for users.

• Reviewed on 21/02/2019
Antonia B.
Consumer Success Representative
Real Estate, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/08/2020

"UltiPro is an excellent employee time tracker and more"

Comments: Overall, it has been a positive experience and I would recommend it to all businesses.

Pros: Ultipro is extremely to use and needs little to no training to get started with. All of an employees essential information is accessible through UltiPro from the time tracker to benefits; all of it is organized and easy to navigate.

Cons: No cons, Ultipro is very efficient and very similar to ADP. I have experienced no issues in my time using UltiPro.

• Reviewed on 18/08/2020
Alison L.
Alison L.
Instructor
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2019

"UltiPro Workplace Management"

Comments: My company uses Ultipro for all of our payroll and HR functions.

Pros: Ultipro puts a ton of information in one place including my time chart, pay stubs, job openings, and professional development.

Cons: The time chart can be confusing when you first learn to use it. Management ignores many of the app's functions.

• Reviewed on 10/09/2019
Amelia N.
Inventory Coordinator
Hospitality, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2021

"Everything in one place"

Pros: I love that everything I need for managing my employment is in one place. There are great tools for predicting my paycheck, which lets me plan better for deductions, and for choosing and changing my benefits selection.

Cons: It can be hard to learn new functions if I don't immediately find them intuitive. I often find myself thinking that a function must exist somewhere, but that I don't know where to find it.

• Reviewed on 08/10/2021