15 years helping Singaporean businesses

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Reviews

4.5 (20,232) Write a Review!

About QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

The leading accounting software for small businesses. Instant access to customer, vendor and employee information.

Learn more about QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Pros:

Easy to navigate through. Amazing technical support, inexpensive, and it has such seamless integrations.

Cons:

Nothing really major is wrong but just a slight problem with the customer service, had a problem deleting my previous account and was told that they cannot delete it.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise ratings

4.3
4.1
4.4
4.3

8.4/10

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 20,232 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise before?

Filter reviews (20,232)

Blake
Blake
Ecommerce & Consumer Products Manager in US
Mining & Metals, 11–50 Employees

Value for the money is incredible

Comments: Great, would recommend! Any sort of business needs accounting software, and your business should use Quickbooks. If given the choice, we would use this again.

Pros:

The seamless integrations, technical (both IT & Accounting) support, and intuitive user interface provides a great experience for automating a small or midsize operation

Cons:

It loads slowly -- I feel like Quickbooks constrains the amount of servers it dedicates to this platform. There are businesses that have far more transactions that we, and it still takes a while for reports or pages to render.

Obeng
Establishing Excellent Building Materials in Ghana
Building Materials, 5,001–10,000 Employees

The easiest and most accountable software ever seen.

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Using QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise makes your company work easier and faster and gives you all the ability to access everything you are building as company and as a businessman or manager.

Pros:

The fact that you can account for all your multiple projects and your profits. And also been able to know everything that is going on in your business by using the QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise.

Cons:

Having the fact that it will be challenging in managing all the multiple project at once and at the same time.

Alicia
Bookkeeper in US
Machinery, 2–10 Employees

Software Glitch since 2023 Version still not resolved, unable to send statements

3.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Today, Nothing! I am fed up with wasting time on a problem they could have easily fixed.

Cons:

They have been made aware by numerous customers that after the upgrade to 2023 software we are no longer able to send statements. They stated they "turned off" the customer sort function, so you can no longer choose to generate statements for only customers with a balance. It will generate a statement for EVERY single customer you have, IF you have less than 4500, EVERY time. If , like us, you have been with them for years and years and have more than 4500 customers it just creates an error message and will do nothing. The only option is to scroll through all you thousands of customers and individually select the ones you want to send statements to. It takes a few hours!! It is a simple sort function, that used to take 1 minute for the software to perform. They have been aware of the problem since April of 2023 and have done nothing. They did not fix it in the 2024 Edition either. Customer support just wastes several hours of your time trying things that don't work, and then they "create a support ticket" for you. Mine was created in May of 2023, and still nothing has been done. We pay extra to have Enterprise because we have a huge customer base and so we are forced to purchase Enterprise instead of the cheaper versions, but then they have a glitch that makes a VERY BASIC function, sending out monthly statements, not work. We are tired of waiting for them to fix this and are looking to switch to a different software. It is very frustrating that after being a customer for years and years to have to change accounting programs.

Marco
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Quickbooks works well!

Comments: Works quite well for what we need. I love that it checks my math for me, less room for human error. I use it each and every day.

Pros:

Well I’ve gotten used to using it and relying on it for everything. Invoices and accounts receivable. Entering all my credit card, bank and cash purchases for the business. Also creating POs for what we purchase for the business to sell. Everything. Easy to use. Easy to find what we need.

Cons:

Nothing! Not much to say here. Happy with it.

Aishwarya
Quickbooks in India
Accounting, 51–200 Employees

Quickbooks

Comments: A very good and positive experience I have with Quick book

Pros:

The service and books are awesome. Price is good enough.

Cons:

Service and reasonable price good product packages too.

Mayra
Analyst in Colombia
Civil Engineering, 51–200 Employees

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

4.0 last week New

Comments: Overall, I will give Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise a 4 out of 5 stars

Pros:

It optimizes the supply chain process, very intuitive and organized so you can manage and you can efficiently track progress

Cons:

sometimes their customer support team is a bit slow in their response

Amy
Business Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Quickbooks Desktop Ease of use

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: QB has been my first choice for the past 20 years of managing businesses. It's ease of use and setup are by far the best I have found with similar products out there. Whether you have 4 employees or 100, need only a desktop version or an online version - Quickbooks is the one you want.

Pros:

It is very easy to set up and use. I have used desktop for over 20 years and have loved it. I recently did switch over to QB Online with one company I manage which I find also very easy to use seeing as it can go anywhere with you and you can access it from any computer. Desktop has all of the features needed for a small, basic company but also can withstand the demand of a larger business. The ease of billing, payments, reporting and reconciling are well worth it's cost. Upon set-up there are pre-loaded accounts for you as well, so if you are unsure as to how to start QB makes it VERY easy to help get you pointed in the right direction.

Cons:

From my experience it can't be utilized from any computer - you need to have the software installed in order to use this product which makes it difficult if you travel or need access from multiple locations.

Jeff
Jeff
Operations Manager in Canada
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Hmmmm... Take some time to plan.

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: If you are going to use QB Desktop Enterprise, PLEASE make sure you plan ahead for things such as inventory control issues like units of measure. How do you purchase your products vs how to you consume/sell them. We run the manufacturing edition, so we have experienced some challenges with this.

Pros:

Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise is good, there is no doubt about that. It is relatively straightforward to use and maintain. It has a lot of functionality and features that are very beneficial.

Cons:

Where do I start? One of the issues that we encounter is every time there is an update, it seems to break the Database Manger. We looked at switching to Quickbooks Online Advanced to make things easier, but it is VERY lacking in comparison. QB Desktop Enterprise, in most cases, is hosted locally. This leads to issues with server and maintenance. The features are very antiquated compared to other online options that are currently available.

Julia
Virtual Assistant in Philippines
Design, 2–10 Employees

Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It has a seamless UI which is good for digital employees in keeping up with their day-to-day tasks, as well as monitoring their timesheets.

Pros:

The user interface is nice, especially for digital workers, with features that are quite efficient for team management.

Cons:

Nothing. It's good, especially for time tracking.

Resha
Bookkeeper in US
Accounting, Self Employed

Great product

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I like the fact that I can easily organize and update information user friendly I like it

Cons:

No issues or complaints it seems to do what it suppose to do

Beverly
Logistics Manager in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2–10 Employees

QUICKBOOKS IS AWESOME

Comments: My overall experience has been great I would definitely recommend this company to anyone.

Pros:

Quick books has a very easy to understand app & website to manage all your business needs.I deal with a lot of truck drivers on a daily bases and Ifta tax tracking has always been a hassle,but not with quick books.They allow you to add mileage & fuel cost to better estimate quarterly taxes.You also received discounts on tax preparation software.

Cons:

I honestly don’t have anything bad to say about quickbooks.The only thing I suggest is that they partner with more companies to offer customers discounts.

5 years ago

Great review, Beverly! Hearing how easy and helpful QuickBooks has been to you and your company is music to our ears. We'll continue to be there to assist with all of your mileage and cost tracking, and tax prep for years to come. For more info on ways we're working to provide even more features and functionality to you, we recommend checking out our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv Cheers to continued success! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Stephanie
E-Learning, Self Employed

The only accounting software I'll use

Comments: Quickbooks has helped me be able to stay a solo-entrepreneur and not need to hire a bookkeeper, accountant or assistant because I'm able to save time and keep up with it by myself!

Pros:

Quickbooks just makes it so dang easy to run my business. When I was starting out, I had NO idea how to manage my money, balance my books or split my business income from personal expenses. Quickbooks makes it simple to categorize, upload, split and balance my money. I have saved so much time on taxes and bookkeeping in the last four years. I truly don't know how I would have figured all this out without software like this.

Cons:

I do wish that there was a built-in time tracker of some kind. I want to be able to send clients invoices based on time worked on a project and it would be really nice to have that built into the software itself without paying extra or using a third-party app.

5 years ago

Hey there, Stephanie. Saving you time and energy so you can devote more attention to your business and customers is what we're here for. Hearing how helpful QuickBooks has been is music to our ears! We're always working toward making the software even better. Your feedback helps us do just that. You can find out more about what's going on behind the scenes by viewing our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv Thanks for a 5 star review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Ricky
Manager, Operations and Finance in US
Pharmaceuticals, 11–50 Employees

Quickbooks Online - Rock Solid Accounting Software!

Comments: Overall it's been a positive experience. We've used Quickbooks from the very beginning and have no plans to change anytime soon!

Pros:

Quickbooks is very user-friendly. When I took on the accounting duties for our company, I never had any accounting software background before using Quickbooks, but I was easily able to understand how to use it quickly. One of the best features for me is the customization of reports/templates. Once you understand how to customize reports and use recurring templates it becomes a huge time saver. In addition, since it is a popular accounting software, there is always a lot of answers available online, youtube, customer service, etc.

Cons:

One thing I wished Quickbooks added is the ability to import an excel file into a bill. Our employees submit expense reports in excel and I would like a function that allows me to import it into a bill. Right now I have to manually copy and paste the information from the excel expense report into a bill. I asked someone in customer service about this and they said it wasn't an available feature yet. It would save a lot of time!!!

Perry
Perry
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Good Product - Terrible Support!

Comments: I actually stopped using it and moved over to Sage software. When the program would not open to wait for 90 minutes on hold for support is not business functional. The product is good when it works, but if you have any issues, be prepared to stop your business.

Pros:

QuickBooks does everything I need it to do, simple input (after my accountant set it up), some nice reports, easy to read screens, and easy for me to produce P&L for myself and taxes.

Cons:

Terrible support. I had issues with some items and waited for hours on hold, spoke to people with such strong accents I could not understand them. I was actually stuck and could not work and asked to be escalated to North American support- - they said they could not do that. The offered me a manager and hung up on me. I called the corporate office and even sent letters, and never got any responses. Very frustrating when you spend this kind of money and the support is not there.

6 years ago

Hi there, Perry. I appreciate you taking the time to leave this honest review, as I'll exhaust my resources to turn this impression around. At your earliest convenience, can you reach out to me directly? My inbox at [email protected] is open, and I have the expertise, visibility, and tools to get you squared away. I'll dig into what happened when you reached out, and look forward to receiving your email. In the meantime, please know we have a wealth of support options available to you. As an alternative to calling in, we have product experts monitoring our official Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares) feeds. Even though we have call centers all over North America and the world, just like our customer base, the upside to messaging us is everything is easy to follow and accessible on screen. Rest assured, the interaction you had with support is far from typical, but I intend to rectify this as soon as we get in contact again. Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Lyn
Lyn
President & Ceo in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

For the Beginner

Comments: I would and have recommened this software to many different people for different situations as its user friendly, easy to navigate and has some great custom report features. I run a small local non profit and have been using QB for over 13 years with no intentions of changing to any other service.

Pros:

What I like most about this software is the ease of use. They make it very simple to enter customers and vendors along with invoices and/or bills. Then posting the payments and reconciling the accounts. You can use one piece or all the different capabilities, that is your choice as they do all work together.

Cons:

The thing I like least about this software is the troubleshooting. You have to have the exact title or phrase of what you've done wrong to find solutions to help you. I typically only do internet searched for assistance and have not used the call in system. That might actually help me more but I'm impatient and typically don't want to wait

6 years ago

Thanks for reaching out with your comments, Lyn. I'm delighted to read we're doing our part to provide a wide variety of capabilities in an easy to use package. We're proud to be backing River Cities United Way, so rest assured we've got you covered when it comes to support. As an alternative to calling in, I encourage you to reach out to the product experts who monitor our social media channels. You can find us on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) or Twitter (QBCares), and our chat reps would be more than happy to be of assistance. As an added benefit, you can expect quick responses anytime within their hours of availability (M-F from 8 a.m. until 10 p.m. EST). We're just a message away when you have questions, and they can lend a hand with finding the solutions you need. Thanks a ton for your 13-year loyalty to QuickBooks, by the way! I'm wishing you and your non-profit continued success, and a wonderful rest of your week ahead! Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Construction, 2–10 Employees

it's a love hate relationship

Comments: Setup isn't difficult, but it's very time consuming. It's difficult to use the update product once you lose the initial program. I've changed computers that originally had the program installed (when it was a CD). After changing the laptop, and losing some information, including the CD, I wasn't able to prove previous ownership and had to purchase the new complete program which is much more expensive. I hope that problem has been corrected since I would think the d/l'able programs can be tracked more easily. I call this a love/hate relationship because QB gets you to love the program, then makes it difficult to continue with the same program once the 3 years are up. They know they "gotcha"! but, all in all, it's a program I wouldn't want to do without when having a business. I also use this program to keep track of not for profit organizations, too. It's a very versatile program for any type of business. I used the contractor program and have been able to customize it for the Nonprofit. I began using QB in 2003. It's certainly grown since then!

Pros:

I like QB for it's completeness to operate a business. It integrates your banking, your customer base and sales and/or estimates seamlessly. You can use it to email customers or print out what you need. There are so many facets to this software it'll take you a while to get to know them. Once you do, you'll be forever beholden to use them. It's hard to go back to a simple spreadsheet again. All invoices/estimates are custom-izable. You can use your logos and iven if you're a small micro business, you present yourself as a competent, savvy businessperson.

Cons:

You must purchase a new copy every 3 years. Some of the features you get used to using become un-usable if the newer version isn't purchased. QB doesn't support many of it's features after the program is 3 yrs old. You can still use the program, but some of the conveniences are gone, such as emailing invoices, or payroll. QB has a habit of having you get used to their newer features and then take them away once the program is more than three years old.

6 years ago

Thanks for your honest review and loyalty. It'd be my pleasure to touch on why updates occur, as well as how you can move data between computers. I assure you there are steps in place should you no longer have the original CD, and this article covers the process: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1771783. Furthermore, the info in the following link walks through how to avoid losing data when moving: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1764250. The insights there will save you valuable time moving forward. As for the 3-year lifetime, we work hard to deliver the most secure and state of the art software on the market. This means the back-end systems comprising sensitive connected features, like email and payroll, must be replaced within that time frame. Full upgrades are the best way to safeguard your data and customer info. Should you have further questions, I invite you to email me directly. I'll gladly answer them in full ([email protected]). Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Consumer Services, Self Employed

So easy: Quickbooks Self-Employed

Comments: Overall, it’s a great program for self-employed people with fairly simple business practices... people who are service providers (massage therapists, counselors, interpreters, consultantsc etc). I had more complex businesses so am used to a bit more flexibility than QB Self-Employed offers, but they are mostly preferences than actual essentials (except the Chart of Accounts comment above). I recommend it to everyone!

Pros:

MILEAGE TRACKING!!! The software tracks your trips and you later pick business or personal for each trip. It shows you the address for both origina & destination, as well as time of day, which makes it easy to figure out what the trip was for. QB keeps an updated tally of your mileage deduction for tax purposes. EASY CATEGORIZATION OF EXPENSES: Automatically populates transactions from your bank AND credit card accountant into the ledger, so all you need to do is select which expense category it belongs t! Qb will ask if you want to set up a “rule” so that all transactions from AT&T (let’s say) are automatically categorized into utilities when they are imported from your financial institution. INVOICES Create a template and you can duplicate it later when billing the same person/business. You can easily send the invoice from the QB platform and what the client get s is a really professional, polished email with the invoice in the body of the email, and he receiver can download a pdf if they choose. QB keeps track of paid and unpaid invoices, making it easy to see who you need to follow up with for payment. TAXES: For tax purposes, the reports QB does make saving and tallying receipts a *ridiculous* practice. There is NO reason to ever do your books on excel. Too many mistakes when things are done manually. And it requires SO much time to input amounts, categories, etc. This is all done for you in a fraction of the time using QB Self-Employed.

Cons:

CHART OF ACCOUNTS: I switched which credit card I use as my business card and want to stop automatically importing transactions from the old credit card (which I am now using for personal expenses). You can’t turn off imports for a particular account without losing all former transactions associated with that card/account. This completely changes the Profit and Loss reports. I had to call customer service and they had to do a whole delete thing where now all transactions from deleted accounts are called “cash,” which is misleading and unclear. INCOME: There is only one income category to choose from. I have to classes of self-employed work I do that uses the same bank account and credit card. I’d like a way to assign Income A and Income B, so that when I look at my Profit & Loss reports, I can see at a glance how much I earned from type A kind of work and how much I earned from Type B. EXPENSE CATEGORIES There is no way to add or change the provided categories. I understand QuickBooks does this so that each category that is offered is automatically associated with a particular tax deduction item approved by the IRS, but it would be nice to be able to add a category that suits my business and select the associated IRS deduction category when setting it up. INVOICES You can’t make up your own invoice numbers. I would like use the same first 2 numbers or even letters for each client I invoice, but you can’t. You have to use QB’s automatic numbering system.

Anabel
Nurse in US
Medical Practice, Self Employed

Bad experience

Comments: They asked me to contact you and that is when the problems started.
If you have a restriction on when QBSE account has to be activated, you should posted on turbotax so that is visible and people can read it like the restrictions for late filers. It is not fair you make up restrictions that are not disclosed on my account and after I have been using the account, you just cancel it all of a sudden. Therefore I think this is false advertising and I will definitely file a complain with FTC if necessary. I have all screenshoots and there is nowhere to be found any restrictions to activate the account before July 15th.
2- If there was indeed a restriction and I had to activated before July 15th, how was it possible that I did activated my account on September and started using it with no problem and no warning or notification until last week? 3-You cancelled my account with no warning. I did not get a warning stating my subscription will expired on specific date. How could I have known this? All the information I have taken time to categorize including miles, payments and transactions are lost now and I do not have access. That is also not fair because I can not access any of that information to save it or transfer it right now if I do not want to continue the subscription. 4- For such a big company, not having a phone number to communicate directly and having customers wasting time writing emails is just a shame.

Pros:

This review is based on my experience interacting with Intuit, other’s experiences my defer. Most of my bad experience was with Quick Book Self Employed but since the company is Intuit, I will leave my review here too. Turbotax is a good tool for filling, I used the Self employed portion to file my 2018 taxes. This was done in March 2019 and it worked well. As part of the package, you are supposed to get a free year subscription of Intuit Quick Book Self Employed (QBSE) until March 2020. I signed up on (QBSE) the app on September 2019 and I started working on classifying my transactions and adding miles manually (the automatic tracking was not working that well). All of a sudden in October 2019, with no warning, they cancelled my subscription and I lost all the data and time I used to do the work. I can not log in and retrieve anything. I can not see any information on my account. I never got an email notification or warning on the app, they just cancelled it.

Cons:

The only restrictions that are available are for late filers, not for regular filers. I requested multiple times to speak on the phone with a supervisor and nothing, just email responses relating the same thing. I never got an apology, never got the service reestablished, and at last, they just ignored my last email. I will leave below my last email which was never answered back. If you have read so far, please read it and and make your own conclusions. This is one of the worst customer services I have ever interacted with. October 14th, 2019 Hi representative, Thank you for contacting me. I am sorry to inform you that your answer does not solve my problem. You are repeating the same statements from the previous costumer service representative. I am not sure if you read the thread but I do not have problems activating my QBSE account. My account was working fine and it was active until it was cancelled with no warnings. My problems are the following. 1 -When I filed my taxes with turbotax I was offered a free QBSE account for one year. There is no restrictions on my Turbotax account that states I had to activate my account before July 15th. I have previously sent screenshots of the restrictions that are shown on my turbotax and they are only valid for late filer which is not my case.

5 years ago

Hi, Anabel. Thank you for your thorough review. We'd like to provide some info and help get this resolved. Once you receive your free year of QuickBooks Self Employed, you'd be required to log into that account at least twice before July 16th. Otherwise, the account will expire. It sounds like there may have been a 30 day trial created in September, which is why it expired the following month. We'd be glad to investigate this further and make sure you get your free year. Please reach out to us via email at [email protected], and we'll be there to help. Additionally, you can request a callback by logging into the site (https://selfemployed.intuit.com/login) and clicking the Help button in the top-right corner. Wishing you the best. Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Hugh
CEO in US
Architecture & Planning, 11–50 Employees

New Lows in Customer Service

Comments: Quickbooks is really great piece of software. Intuit the parent company has unbelievably bad customer service.

Pros:

Unfortunately, Quickbooks is unbeatable in its functionality.

Cons:

Every time I am stuck dealing with intuit it is both frustrating and maddening. They are the top accounting software with no real competition, and they act like it. They make no effort to accommodate simple requests that would be easily taken care of and they provide no means to speaking to those who shut down reasonable requests. In fact, they are rude about it. I have been a QuickBooks user for over 25 years. If I could find a piece of software that was remotely as good, I would gladly go through the headache of switching. If you are a small business getting started I would stay away from all Intuit products.

Myint
Accountant in Myanmar
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

QuickBooks Online is as yet the best web based bookkeeping application for independent ventures

Comments: In spite of its costs and its less-then-heavenly online assistance, QuickBooks Online wins our Editor's Choice honor for offering the best, thorough, helpful, and usable devices. Moreover, its profundity, adaptability, and extensibility clobber those of its adversaries. The race is more tight than it used to be, yet QuickBooks Online is as yet the unmistakable champ.

Pros:

Simple To Use: Many clients discover QuickBooks Online simple to learn and utilize, particularly contrasted with the work area rendition of the product. Indeed, even non-bookkeepers discover the product pleasant to utilize. Bill pay: handily input sellers and their bills, and afterward pay them at whatever point you are prepared. Duty prep: send 1099s to all self employed entities over the edge with only a couple clicks. Planning: set up your financial plans, and afterward track your genuine income/costs against the financial plan to perceive how your association is performing. Detailing: MANY various reports accessible to fulfill speculators and bookkeepers. Entirely adjustable.

Cons:

We have felt that their client care group ought to be more acquainted with their own item. They weren't generally ready to see the item through the eyes of a client. Changing from the online form to the work area variant was not consistent. It required somewhat more exertion than anticipated.

Yazid
Yazid
Accounting And Marketing Specialist in US
Accounting, 11–50 Employees

"Goes Above and Beyond, Simple Maneuverability, Ease of Use, Fast and Reliable"

Comments: Overall Quickenbooks has been a Pleasure to Use. I switched over from Freshbooks. It's been the best answer for accounting, financing and bookkeeping . The fundamental bookkeeping is easy to learn. I find the Customer Service to be Excellent. Its been an all around great experience and I would Recommend Quickbooks to anyone.

Pros:

QuickBooks is anything but difficult to bring into, send out of and straightforwardly incorporate with specific stages. The product was worked considering the client experience. In general, I'm content with Quick Books and would prescribe to any entrepreneur. I truly like the retained exchange list, where I can just consequently have repeating installments deducted from my framework rather its month to month, quarterly, or yearly. It can likewise be set up as an update when certain bills are expected for installment. It's exceptionally simple to stack, monitor your merchants and your clients just as your own organization information, for example, diagram of records, and things or administrations that your organization gives. The report place is very easy to understand with reports effectively accessible by adding a date reach, and it additionally offers the client to make their own ensemble reports

Cons:

I do wish discounting customers with credit adjusts was somewhat simpler. You have to have a receipt produced with charges prior to finishing a credit notice to send a discount check. From time to time a price may be lower than advertised and I would like to show reflection on the original invoice without having to create a new one.Hopefully there is a less difficult way, and I simply need to figure it out. The cost is somewhat higher than the opposition, however all my needs are met. Nonetheless, The help isn't as simple to work with as I might want. Be that as it may, contrasted with a portion of the competiton, its better than not having any.

Patrice
COO in US
Religious Institutions, 2–10 Employees

Great Tool but you still need to know Accounting Principles and Rules

Comments: QuickBooks has helped us with getting things done quicker and more efficiently. Dealing with Customer support can be tricky but it doesn't happen often. The reports that we produce help our Executive Leaders and Board of Directors stay informed of our financial position and are fairly easy to produce. Most accountants are familiar with QuickBooks so it is easy to send them data when preparing our year end filings.

Pros:

Its fairly easy to use as long as you know Accounting Principles and Rules. It's not going to tell you what GL numbers to post things to so you have to know this before attempting to post things. The accounts payable (Vendors) and Accounts receivable (Customers) is pretty easy to use. Reconciling is quick and easy (as opposed to doing it my hand which I used to do). Calculation sales tax can be tricky...you need to make sure it's set up correctly. I like that the desktop version can be used in a multi-user environment so more than one person can work in it at a time.

Cons:

The worst thing about this product is their customer support. They are hard to get in contact with, try to charge you for every little thing and unless you get someone who actually knows what they're doing (instead of working off a script) they can really mess thing up more than you can imagine.

Beatriz
Bachelor of Education in Venezuela

A geneality of application. Very easy to use and gives good results

Comments: There are fewer data entry errors when using the QuickBooks integration, since there are fewer data entries manually. Human beings make mistakes and the ability to eliminate the entry of redundant data will diminish these errors.
In addition, QuickBooks integration allows for the fastest workflow from the point of entry to the billing phase, allowing the company to charge faster and increase cash flow.

Pros:

The software allows users to handle a variety of financial records, including sales receipts, payments, tax forms, invoices and inventory accounting records. Because Quickbooks is so easy to use, most tasks can be carried out without in-depth knowledge of accounting procedures. Manage your finances anywhere, you can track sales, create and send invoices, and know how your business is doing at any time. Best of all, your information is automatically backed up. Access and manage your books from your computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone anytime you choose. Create access privileges so that your colleague or accountant can login and work with your data online. Know exactly how much money you have and how much you owe at any moment - your data is synced and backed up automatically. You can even photograph and save receipts with the QuickBooks Online mobile app. Create custom, professional invoices, sales receipts and estimates that you can send in minutes. Instantly see how your business is performing with customizable reports and dashboards. If you need help, support is available with answers to your questions and information on running your business.

Cons:

Although QuickBooks provides an audit trail for most of the information, there are some situations in which financial information can be changed without leaving any kind of documentation. Depending on how a customer uses the software, another potential problem is that Quickbooks does not come with a section on fixed assets. Also in order to keep the software up to date, there are a number of costly improvements that entrepreneurs may have to buy. Normally, these updates are only needed once a year in order to receive the most current payroll and other services. While the online service offers fewer features than the desktop version of the software, the most serious drawback is the history of extended outages. Also the extensive features of QuickBooks can be overwhelming for some smaller companies, as they can make the software more difficult to use and understand. QuickBooks is also better suited for double-entry bookkeeping, even though many small businesses use it for only one.

Ben
Director SEO Services in Guernsey

Quick Books Premier Edition 2016 Desktop -Good Except Multicurrency is Terrible

Pros:

This has a great user interface, as a qualified accountant, I can say it's definitely not traditional however it is functional and it has quite a lot of functionality for this price point. For non-accountants this is a good system in so far as it is user friendly. An amazing feature is that transactions can be edited or even deleted at least from the users perspective - that alone is one of the major reasons that I recommend this software ( the audit log maintains a complete record of the entries) Other good points, cost centres, document storage, easy account management, multi company capable, lots of configuration options.

Cons:

However this system has some flaws, and one very serious one which i will mention first. Multicurrency capability is a joke, I would say no it's not because its so labor intensive to use it you might as well convert all your currency outside the system and just post in your home currency - that itself is a nightmare and you can expect your auditor to hate on you with a bigger bill and whining but the option of using the currency features is not great either. I am in recovery from this right now so happily have forgotten some of the pain points, here are a few: Entering exchange rates - tedious and labor intensive audit trail for currency transactions - as above Propensity to make recording errors due to the systems short comings pretty high Quality of reporting for multicurrency - terrible, really terrible! ( the nominal ledger is available in the home currency only - if you have a lot of transactions and some reconciliations to do that is bad news. Some smaller issues, reporting is functional /ugly although it's robust its nott very customizable either expect to do formatting in excel . It has some really weird idiosyncrasies, for example under some circumstances to get the right fx rate on a transaction automatically i need to put the wrong date and then change it to the right date. However you have a perpetual licence for pretty powerful and user friendly software. Recommended except for those that do a lot of currency transactions

6 years ago

Hi there, Ben. Thank you so much for the honest and thorough review, as well as your recommendations. I'm here to help, and will do everything I can to simplify multi-currency and the reporting interface. To start, could you send me your suggestions for improvement to [email protected]? I'm thrilled that you're still getting so much from the system, and am excited to get the chance to further enhance your usage of the product. Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Jon
Managing Director
Business Supplies & Equipment, 2–10 Employees

'Enterprise' Appellation Undeserved

Comments: The unfortunate fact is that a QB Company file can become corrupted at any time for numerous reasons, and once corrupted your primary option is to submit the file to the Intuit Data Recovery team, who inform you that their repair effort will take up to three (3) business days, during which time your business operations are effectively suspended. My advice is to consider carefully whether your business can recover from such a disruption before betting its future on QB as a business operations platform.

Pros:

QuickBooks does a fine job with basic accounting functions, is relatively easy to use, and the report suite is more than adequate for small businesses.

Cons:

QuickBooks Enterprise Manufacturing & Wholesale version simply does not work as advertised, as two examples among many will demonstrate. QB offers 'Advanced Pricing' functionality which enables the user to define and apply pricing rules across their client roster and inventory items list. These rules are intended to allow the QB user to apply a 60% across-the-board discount for clients Ajax and AAA, while clients Acme and Consolidated receive that same discount plus custom pricing on items X, Y, and Z. However, after the pricing rules have been applied and those clients are being billed, changing the invoice or ship date results in the deletion of the shipping cost line-item, and changes to the pricing of items on the invoice. Research with QB support revealed that Advanced Pricing suffers from a bug that was known to Intuit for at least 1 month prior to when I invoked the Advanced Pricing functionality, and a full month later Intuit has been unable to remedy the bug. After invoking the 'Advanced Inventory' feature-set, which automatically creates a drop-ship warehouse site, I learned that product being purchased from a supplier and shipped directly to our client was being removed by QB from the count of physical inventory resident on our premises. Intuit tech support rep's response was (paraphrased) "That doesn't seem right, but I don't know much about Advanced Inventory - you should call back tomorrow morning, as the day-shift staff have more tenure and are more knowledgeable".