ClearCompany Reviews

• Overall
    4.4 /5

About ClearCompany

ClearCompany Applicant Tracking is designed to give your hiring team the tools they need to hire the right people quickly.

Learn more about ClearCompany

Kimberly C.
Recruitment Coordinator
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/09/2018

"CONSTANT glitches in the system, constant need to reload/refresh the page....lost work and lost time"

Comments: Over promised and under delivered.

Pros: Candidate Profiles - basically an employee file that you can share in a secured way with other users (depending on the type of user licenses you buy)

Cons: NOT customization no matter what the sales people say...Custom made forms do not work and they have been 'working' to fix ours for over 3 weeks now. Signatures on emails appearing twice, hitting "send" and emails never send, Apply portal down for technical problems....no transparency for how long it was down, we found out through people calling us saying they can not apply, we inform them of the glitch and we are told they've been aware of the problem and 'working' on it. IT saying they fixed problems and then the problems continues to persist...this has happened multiple times. Calendar integration is limited. VERY WORRIED we lose candidates due to the technical glitches and the complicated account password Clear Company requires every candidate to create...and use repeatedly throughout the apply/hire process.

• Reviewed on 05/09/2018
Kathleen G.
Talent Recruiter
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/03/2021

"Talent Recruiter User"

Comments: I have only used it for a few months. I think it is user friendly for sure. I do not have much of an opinion at this time since I am newer to using it, but so far I think it is a good system for tracking candidates for positions.

Pros: Emailing candidates and setting up phone screens is very simple-

Cons: More options for not moving forward with a candidate or moving forward with candidate. If a candidate applies to more than one position I wish you could have them live in one place instead of having their profile in every position.

• Reviewed on 11/03/2021
Cinthia B.
Employee Relations Manager
Food & Beverages, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2016

"Review of Clear Company Software"

Comments: I have been using Clear Company for over one year now, their customer support team was able to help me implement the Talent cloud solution quickly and easy. I have not encountered any huge roadblocks so far, the system is easy to use on both the applicant and recruitment side.

Pros: The best part of the solution is the ease of use for both the applicant and the recruiter.

Cons: The metrics are very premature, it gives you the ability to pull reports but the information is not reliable.

• Reviewed on 14/12/2016
Chesky J.
recruiting director
Medical Practice, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2018

"Great promising Features, Terrible Actual Performance"

Comments: Very attractive yet stay away until their software works without issues. After doing demos with many other ATSs and much research, I was duped by the number of reviews online by reputable sources.

Pros: UP-To-Date on many (almost all) industry features, such as a robust reporting module and interview scheduling module, even video interview scheduling and recording etc.
Somewhat easy to use interface

Cons: Terribly glitchy. I'm constantly calling in with issues to be told that its a software glitch that needs to be investigated and patched - which seldom happens. These glitches are usually fundamental, such as a utterly broken reporting module. I have not ever been able to get a healthy report on any metrics - ever! Our uses couldn't login after we bought and implemented the program, because of a glitch that ultimately was resolved by Clearco internally building users for our thousands of employees.

• Reviewed on 08/02/2018
Wanda D.
Human Resources Manager
Consumer Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/07/2018

"Could be better"

Comments: Client support is mostly good and they try to help as best they can. However, there are simply some functions that they just don't have so they can't help. Oh and there's a glitch with the sycning of the outlook calendar. For some reason it would show up as a double event on my calendar when the candidate accepted. They said the glitch was not on their end and my IT dept. said it was not on our end. So it just went unresolved.

Pros: I liked the ease of creating a job requisition and the fact that I could have the job posted to multiple job boards is also pretty great. It also nice to create offer letters in the system.

Cons: Making changes to an offer letter is not as easy as they make it seam. I usually just created a new one. They don't have the capability of scheduling an interview with multiple interviewers. Also, adding the knockout questions is not as simple as they made it look during the demo; there are a lot of steps to set it up and set it up correctly.

• Reviewed on 26/07/2018
Gloria L.
Customer Service Agent
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2018

"It has made the hiring process easier for us, it allows you to keep applicant tracking in one place."

Comments: Less mistakes and we are able to post jobs quickly, also communicate more efficiently and easily with candidates to expedite the hiring process.

Pros: The video interviewing tool is a great feature included in the software, and the fact you can become paperless for the hiring process in this century is totally necessary and efficient.

Cons: The process to set up everything is a little long and training is necessary for each of the members, before using the software.

• Reviewed on 16/05/2018
Jana L.
HR and Payroll Admin
Human Resources, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2020

"So Helpful and Always there to Assist"

Comments: I have loved being on calls to improve our use of Clear Company. Our contacts are always willing to research solutions and make our lives easier!

Pros: Clear Company is so easy to use and there is always someone there to help if you need it!

Cons: In the time I have used Clear Company I have not seen anything I dislike.

• Reviewed on 10/03/2020
Ty M.
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees

"Highly Recommended"

Comments: Best in the Market!

Pros: I can only speak for the Performance Management and Recruiting Platforms. Overall it is Clean and intuitive! Candidates and employee can get quick and custom emails with automatic reminders if needed! Absolutly outstanding customer service from implementation manger to the help desk team.

Cons: I often feel the system runs slow and other team members feel the same. It isn't a major issue. Printing reports and other content rich pages can occasionally be a challenge

Pam O.
Sr HR Generalist
Consumer Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2020

"Clear Company"

Comments: Clear Company has been responsive and healpful

Pros: The ease of communication with an applicant

Cons: The system will not mesh with our payroll system to transfer data

• Reviewed on 24/06/2020
Shelley C.
Accounting Manager
Machinery, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2018

"We use ClearCompany to posts all of our job postings"

Comments: Ease and accessibility with posting jobs and having access to the software anywhere, anytime.

Pros: I like how easy it is to use when searching through the jobs. I also appreciate the fact that you are able to post the jobs on your company website and then apply with ClearChannel.

Cons: I wish there was a way to completely integrate into our company website. I think this would require more specialization which makes sense but I think the same options on our site would be amazing.

Catherine K.
Human Resources Coordinator
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/09/2020

"Love the communication with everyone in the company!"

Comments: It is incredibly easy to stay in contact with all candidates and making sure we are contacting them on time.

Pros: The product is extremely easy to use and I love being able to communicate right through the system to any hiring manager.

Cons: The only thing I wish they had is scorecards with their product instead of add on.

• Reviewed on 09/09/2020
Jarvis C.
Talent Acquisition Manager
Architecture & Planning, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/03/2020

"Excellent Platform"

Comments: I really have enjoyed using the system.

Pros: It's easy to use and navigate. The look and feel is easy.

Cons: Not able to do a lot of batch uploads and downloads

• Reviewed on 24/03/2020
Christina G.
HR Manager
Medical Practice
    2.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 12/08/2016

"ClearCompany delivers top recruiting tools"

Pros: The customer support you receive from your Client Relationship manager is almost immediate. You have a dedicated person who is able to understand your processes and functions. My department is secure in the knowledge that if we face any changes that we will have direct, immediate support from our ClearCompany Client Manager.

Cons: The customization or number of users for recruiting purposes relating to cost. If you were able to have a higher number of admin users, I don't think I would have any negative feedback.

• Reviewed on 12/08/2016
Coordinador de Operaciones
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2018

"The best tool for personnel working in recruitment and selection of personnel"

Comments: Saving time, managing profiles of candidates in an organized way fluidity of information, selection process and recruitment faster and more efficiently

Pros: It allows you to access the information of the candidate in an agile way, you can search with the filters the specific characteristics that you need that meets the candidate, it facilitates you to send by mail the data of the candidate to the requesting management so that it is evaluated. Clear Company is easy to use, has a wide variety of options and allows you to regroup the candidates by categories or profiles, allows you to schedule interviews, allows you to see the profile of candidates in a simple way, allows to make comments of the candidates, in general terms this is a very useful tool that can facilitate the tasks of selection and recruitment of personnel

Cons: So far the benefits obtained from the program are more than the negative points, in fact it has been a lot of help to our area of selection of personnel, because it facilitated the activities, see the profiles of the candidates, have the information of the candidates organized , give a quick response to the units that require a professional for a certain bacchante, we can send you directly by mail the profiles of the possible candidates for them to evaluate them and we can choose the one whose profile meets the minimum requirements for the position or charge, has allowed us to improve our quality of management and service.

• Reviewed on 25/07/2018
Jessica S.
Medical Practice, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/03/2021

"Clear Company"

Comments: Great experience! I have recruited for other companies and this by far is the best system I have used!

Pros: I think this program is great for recruiting. I use it daily and feel is very user friendly. I feel like the developers truly know the needs we have in staffing and have created that. Its so easy to keep track of your clients while in the process of hiring. I would definitely recommend this software!!

Cons: The only thing I would prefer to have is on the email section of the database having spell check. It highlights the misspelled words but doesn't have an option to make corrections.

• Reviewed on 17/03/2021
Laura C.
Talent Acquisition Advocate
Construction, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2018

"I've become a believer"

Comments: We've been able to tackle our greatest problem by implementing a more lean approach to hiring. I've seen an incredible amount of engagement from the team and they are always innovating to deliver to customers.

Pros: Ease of use and customer support, great interface and a really nice look. Initially, I wasn't sold on the software and was partial to my previous ATS. After a year of use in this platform, I've learned to love it and implement it more fully across the organization. I look forward to adding some additional features in the future.

Cons: The system is less intuitive than I've used in the past and requires a great deal of set up prior to implementing. However, that set up saves time down the line and you can maximize the product when you take this critical step.

• Reviewed on 11/09/2018
Maria P.
HR Generalist
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2020

"Clear Company makes my job easy!"

Comments: We are able to track and follow through with our candidates and manage the recruiting process. I've also discovered that I have extra time to explore the endless possibilities it has for screening and testing. the scorecards and interview question templates have helped me delegate the interviewing process to the hiring managers so that they can manage their own screening process easily and boost their confidence in the recruiting process.

Pros: The recruiting process is seamless and intuitive. As I new user I was able to understand and use the features it provides with incredible ease. Once I became comfortable with the software I was able to optimize my recruiting efforts. As an example, we filled 10 positions in one week.

Cons: The software allows us to transfer candidates to our PEO system, Paylocity. Both systems have their own performance evaluation systems, but this does not transfer from one system to the other. Perhaps if the performance evaluations were the same in both systems it could reduce double work.

• Reviewed on 18/03/2020
Claire R.
Corporate Recruiter
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2019

"Easily Usable, Functional and Customer Focused ATS"

Pros: ClearCompany's ATS is the best system I have used in a HR setting. It is user-friendly and has a nice design to it. In my opinion, the greatest factor for me is that it integrates with Outlook and all of your communication with candidates is stored directly into the system without having to do anything. I think it is well organized with a dashboard that can help you by just looking at it. I think it's easy to move through as well. I also enjoy using ShieldScreening as the background vendor as it is very quick and easy to screen our final candidates.

Cons: I wish that all functions integrated to and from Paylocity which is the payroll system we use that integrates from ClearCompany just not back to.

• Reviewed on 11/09/2019
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2020

"Applicant Tracking System- poised to be great- needs to get past good"

Comments: As a new user of ClearCompany I was initially very excited. As you open the dashboard the interface is clean and well laid out, the candidate and req screens are easy to navigate for a novice to an expert. They have a cool function where you can leave a note on a candidate or req with the @ sign and share immediately with other users via a push to their email-- WHAT??? So cool. Really.
They've recently added text, which is a great function- except that your number is blocked to the candidate and vice versa. I am sure this is for security, but it makes it confusing when text convos are on-going. A small price to pay for text function, but it's there.
My main concern with this program- thus far- is that their reporting is reportedly in development- and you can use the "old reporting" or the "new reporting"- this is confusing in of itself- not to mention the list of reports is daunting and confusing in the use of interchangeable language that does quite hit the mark.
Overall I give this product a thumbs up for the total package. I don't pay for this package- but if I did, I would push harder on development team to get it together and come out with updates and fixes a tad faster. We're all busy.

Pros: Great user interface- excellent ease of use for managers that are NOT recruiters;
Simplified application process available to candidates;
Clean and clear dashboard with all components easily accessible
Great flexibility to share between users
Text function-- YAY!

Cons: Reporting function is okay at best- too confusing, too cumbersome and stuck between an "old version" and a "new version"
Customization options are minimal
Customer service is slow to respond

• Reviewed on 21/05/2020
Cathy M.
National Recruiting Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2020

"It's in there!"

Comments: I have been with 3 different companies looking for ATS solutions. I used Clear Company at the first, tried to implement at the second and I brought it with me and implemented at the third.

Pros: The functionality of the software and the ease to tailor to our needs is amazing. If you want the software to do something, and it's not, it usually user error. If you want a feature, chances are it's in there!! The chat feature and online tools are spot on and the account managers are attentive and supportive.

Cons: I don't ways want to go to reports. I would like export options on individual screens. It's not a deal breaker at all. I am just spoiled by all the other features so now I want one click satisfation on this too.

• Reviewed on 15/12/2020
Cienna W.
HR Generalist
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2018

"ATS of choice - simple, complete, and cost effective"

Comments: This is by far my favorite software for recruiting and communicating with candidates. Still not quite ideal for scheduling internally or exporting to other systems of my choice, but its a huge bang for the buck.

Pros: Cost-effective
Easy to use and quick navigation (way less clicks to get more done)
Great searchability within the talent pool
Great customer support & training, after implementation
Integrates with Outlook for viewing and scheduling
Great email template system saves time with easy mass emails and quick customized responses.
Electronic Job Offer letter signing and storage is helpful, and you can attach additional documents to the offer.

Cons: Outside job posting (JobTarget) does not work well at all. Only works great with large posting sites: LinkedIn, Indeed, Zip Recruiter
Slow and manual labor intensive implementation process, with not much flexibility or support (you've got to manage this one yourself)
Doesn't allow interview scheduling with multiple interviewers or a conference (from the outlook integration within the app, this may change soon)
This doesn't integrate with any background check systems besides their own contracted vendor. This is not flexible, although I've tried for a couple years now.

• Reviewed on 27/07/2018
Amy Y.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Reviewed on 05/02/2016

"An essential Recruiter's tool - better than the competition"

Pros: The ClearCompany applicant tracking system is very intuitive to use - for recruiters as well as hiring managers! You have many filters and options on how to see information as well, which is extremely helpful. There is so much functionality within the system, such as being able to forward a candidate to a manager, or replying to a candidate from the ATS and even having a copy of that email kept in the candidate's profile. You can add notes to each candidate (which I use constantly) and you also have a place to add notes that apply to the requisition (all candidates) including being able to attach documents, like Word. Although I am a new user of 7 months, I have already seen that ClearCompany has made upgrades and changes to improve upon their system! I have given my account rep suggestions which he has eagerly listened to. My account rep is very responsive and quick to return any of my calls. They have other options that I am not using yet, like an onboarding function or allowing candidates to use your calendar to schedule an interview with you as well as a resume database. I am newer to the reporting functions and some of them are very helpful, but it seems others aren't working like they should be. I am working with support on this issue now. Also, this system works with our payroll vendor, Paylocity, so that our candidate/new hire information will be sent to payroll (we are in the middle of this implementation now). I LOVE the ClearCompany system and find it to be much better, more intuitive and highly functional over other ATS I have used in the past.

Cons: The only thing that I would improve at this time is some of the reporting functions aren't working as they should be. I don't think it's user error at this point, but I am working with support to get what I need.

• Reviewed on 05/02/2016
Taylor D.
Associate Director of Mobilization
Religious Institutions, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/06/2020

"So easy to use and has made our hiring flow a breeze!"

Comments: Our team switched to ClearCompany after several frustrating years with another company. Our experience has been night and day different! ClearCompany is so easy to implement and use and the customer service is truly unmatched. We have never felt like a burden by the team, and they are very quick to help us troubleshoot issues or to answer questions. We've also been able to train and set up all of our hiring managers, and the ease of sharing applicant information throughout the office is so helpful. The cost is also very reasonable for the number of features provided!

Pros: It's so easy to use and it only takes a few minutes to train up new hiring managers/users. The scorecards are incredibly helpful for gathering information as well as keeping all notes in one place. Also, the ability to schedule interviews directly through the system was a GAME CHANGER for our team!

Cons: While there is an option to schedule multiple interviewers, that can only be done for back to back interviews. It would be helpful to have an option to add multiple interviews to the SAME interview block when looking to schedule things. That way, the calendar confirmations go to each person separately and we don't have to track or copy invites.

• Reviewed on 23/06/2020
Danielle A.
Talent Acquisition Partner
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2020

"Good ATS for companies averaging < 15 open jobs"

Comments: Prior to implementing ClearCompany in April of 2017, we did not have any sort of candidate management software. We were eager to find a software to help us organize as we were consistently recruiting for at least 15 open jobs at all times. ClearCompany's product helped our teams organize hiring efforts and streamline processes all while allowing Hiring Managers the ability to stay connected and engaged with the process. Through daily use of the system we were able to better understand and identify a list of performance features we needed from an ATS to ensure our team's success. After about a year of use, our recruiting volume had nearly doubled and our need for task management and automation features increased. Adding in frustrations of daily system issues and the amount of outstanding tickets left unresolved for months on end, we started to demo other systems. Ultimately, we selected another ATS that better fit our growing needs and concerns.

Pros: Absolutely loved the way the candidate pipeline was broken down and organized with customization options for both interview stages and workflow within a specific interview stage.
Customization abilities for just about every feature within the system allows any company to tailor the system to fit their specific or unique process.
Offer letter creation and offer process was extremely seamless and easy to use. Could generate and send offer letter for approval and then to candidate for signature in seconds and without the use of a 3rd party DocuSign type system.
The ability to rate candidates A, B, C or X was helpful in keeping a visual rating of candidates within your pipeline.
Integration and set-up was an easy process, however, training and resources could use some improvement.
Dashboard layout was easy to navigate and access.

Cons: ClearCompany was a glitchy system; we were consistently submitting support tickets for re-occurring issues with common features that slowed or required us to create a workaround within the hiring process. Customer Support would usually have to escalate issues to their development team and it would be months before we had an update or a resolution. Customer Support teams and Account Managers could use some improvement on communication and also follow through on actionable items they said they would deliver on.
New product features were usually released before proper bug testing was done creating usability concerns and an abundance of support tickets. They also usually came with very little training or lack or good resources leaving the user confused and overwhelmed on how to utilize these great new features.
Reporting was extremely limited. Some of the most basic and general recruiting metrics could not be produced through reports and had to be either manually tracked or data had to be manipulated. There were a few times where we found discrepancies on specific job reports vs. the data tracked on the job req's dashboard. Interview Scorecards were extremely confusing, hard to access/change/set-up quickly and not user friendly once they were set up. Lack of automation and key features in comparison to other ATS systems within the same price point.

• Reviewed on 17/04/2020
Director of Human Resources
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/10/2018

"Better ATS/Onboarding Options"

Comments: I migrated our HR/Recruiting department to ClearCompany from a more expensive Legacy ATS that was showing its age and cost much more. Beware of a few things. First, while they aren't a bad software suite, they aren't great, and suffer from not being particularly good in any one aspect compared to competitors, whether its functionality, features, price, etc. They do, however, have a great sales team that is prepared to sell their product as the next great thing. They also spent a lot of money on help modules (professional Youtube clips) and making their software aesthetically pleasing. However, when in actual use, the software is not as good as the image would lead you to believe. It is one of the more glitchy pieces of HR software I've ever used with experience in excess of over 10 ATS/HRIS/CRM/etc. Using it is not intuitive, from selecting dispositions, to making changes, to posting ads, to running reports. For the price, it in the lower half of pricing for equivalent ATS software packages, but on the high end of that, and each additional option and login costs a lot. There are a lot of competing products that are easier to use, less prone to malfunctions, and cheaper. While an HR department probably wouldn't hate this product, since it does work, there are absolutely better products in both directions, both at a higher price point with more functionality, as well as at lower price points with equivalent functionality.

Pros: The portal is aesthetically pleasing, with a very modern design approach.
It is priced decently, although not great, cheaper than large vendors like Taleo, etc., but there are cheaper options that offer roughly the same functionality (and some better).
They remain focused on compliance and update standardized forms.
The Onboarding side is better than their ATS.

Cons: Nickel and dime for every extra item.
Additional user seats are expensive.
Data migration from previous ATS is expensive.
Changes to the format, questions, dispositions, stages, etc. are not easy and it is hard to tailor to your company/department's specific individualized needs. In order to make it pretty, they made it very difficult to change formatting. In addition, if you require ClearCompany to make a change, it takes a while and costs a lot.
Controls are pretty, but aren't intuitive.
They are NOT GoogleforJobs compliant. When I last asked them for an update in 2017, they stated it wasn't necessary and had only the most vague understanding of why this was important.
Their mobile optimization is horrible and frequently has issues.
Their ATS is glitchy.