15 years helping Singaporean businesses

About SAP Concur

SAP Concur takes you beyond automation to a completely connected spend management solution that grows with your business

Learn more about SAP Concur

Pros:

It is super straight forward process when adding your expenses from any work trip and once you hit submit getting your money refunded is typically smooth.

Cons:

We were told that our cards would sync up, but they didn't and the customer service was bad. We really didn't even get to use the software as we never got through the whole onboarding phase.

SAP Concur ratings

4.0
4.0
4.2
4.1

7.8/10

SAP Concur has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 2,022 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used SAP Concur before?

Filter reviews (2,022)

Federico
Federico
CFO in Brazil
Banking, 2–10 Employees

Great solution to Manage your Expenses

Comments: Our experience with SAP Concur was excellent, we are really looking forward to keep using it for future projects

Pros:

We needed an app to approve hundreds of consultant's expenses and match our accounting. SAP Concur solved this for us. We loved the remotely review and approve, solved 90% of our previous issues. One of the best user friendly UX we ever tried. The import into our accounting ERP was flawless.

Cons:

The only issue we have with this app is the price, if they would offer an affordable plan for small businesses, that would be great.

Marketing & Advertising, 10,000+ Employees

SAP concur, a must have for expenses management fairly

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

1. Excellent interface for end user 2. Quick action 3. Can upload large files 4. Very secure

Cons:

1. App is not very user friendly 2. Needs authentication even for remembered devices 3. Can’t change approvers specially when he/she is OOO

Soon Kit
Enterprise Resilience Officer in Singapore
Banking, 10,000+ Employees

Default software by many large organization. so good client reference check during procurement

3.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

has all the features you expect for an expense management software

Cons:

some user features not intuitive and error comments can be made more precisely

Antonella
Accountant in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Making Accounting Easy With SAP Concur

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

With SAP Concur, we effortlessly handle all our accounting and expense management.

Cons:

Nothing to hate about SAP Concur. It has delivered.

Brittany
Travel and Expense Manager in US
Pharmaceuticals, 501–1,000 Employees

Industry standard

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

There are many add on plug ins that are compatible with SAP concur which makes it easy to solve business needs within the same plug in.

Cons:

The customer support portal can be slow to respond to urgent issues, even if you pay extra for service assistant to have a dedicated team.

Enrique
Enrique
Vice President, Human Resources and Administration in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Good luck trying to get support

Comments: Generally positive experience during the sales process, in implementation, and while an active customer/user. Absolutely awful experience post-disconnect, which would keep me from ever considering SAP Concur as a partner again in the future. Unfortunately can't recommend SAP Concur for expense reporting.

Pros:

SAP Concur has long been the industry standard for expense reporting and travel management, and so it was the natural choice when we were looking for a new expense platform several years ago. The sales process was straightforward (no negotiation or haggling needed as their price is their price), and implementation was planned and handled well by the assigned Concur team and our internal resources. Adequate training was provided for both administrators and end-users, so rollout and adoption of the new platform was pretty seamless. User experience was generally positive even if the platform was somewhat dated and not as user-friendly as competing options.

Cons:

Unfortunately SAP Concur's customer support, particularly during the disconnect process, was abysmal. When we requested the disconnect, we were offered no guidance or information from our customer success team re: how/when to download archived data, even after multiple requests by phone and in writing. Concur ended up disconnecting our site prior to making the download available, making it impossible for us to get to this critical data. We had to jump through countless hoops to get our site reactivated, download all the data, and then request another disconnect. In total, this debacle lasted almost five months. Could all have been avoided if the customer success team had communicated, responded to inquiries, and simply followed what I have to believe are well-documented Concur procedures for assisting clients through the disconnect process.

Zobaida
Sales Engineer in Jordan
Construction, 51–200 Employees

The best for expense management

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

SAP Concur is one of the best tools for managing expenses that keeps every dollar spent managed. SAP Concur is easy to use and has a beautiful user interface, and it can be easily integrated with existing systems.

Cons:

There is nothing to dislike about SAP Concur, it is a great software, but SAP Concur is user for company bases I wish they could design a version for single users.

ERIN
Territory Manager in US
Medical Devices, Self Employed

Concur for Sales Expenses

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It's reliable and I don't mind using it, although I prefer the streamlined utility of some newer platforms for expense reporting.

Pros:

I liked the ability to itemize hotel charges in detail. Made it easier than worrying about splitting off personal charges to a separate non-business card. Can mark some itemized charges as personal so they don't get filed for reimbursement while all the others get claimed.

Cons:

Overall it's a little cumbersome and the app seems outdated. It's bulky and more complicated to navigate than it needs to be.

Marily
Senior Accounts Receivable Analyst in US
Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

SAP Concur Daily User

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I am able to detect errors on invoices by matching payments via 2 & 3 way matching tools.

Cons:

Mobile application lack some features available on cloud apps.

Doreen
Sales Manager in US
Environmental Services, 201–500 Employees

SAP Concur the ultimate expense reporting software

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: ZAP Concur is one of the best expense management software and it integrates well with other related software.

Pros:

The software came in hand as it has helped us to have efficient invoicing, expense reporting and also better travel management.

Cons:

The customer service response is a bit slow especially when you want urgent response.

Josh
Controller in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

SAP Concur makes it easy for employees to upload their receipts

Comments: Prior to implementing SAP Concur, employees in the field were manually turning in their receipts to the office where they were getting manually uploaded into Quickbooks. Now we are able to improve this process and make it more efficient.

Pros:

I like that it was fairly simple to teach to our employees and that there is an integration that allows us to import those expenses directly into our accounting system.

Cons:

I wish that you could input all of the information needed on just one screen before moving the expense to an expense report. I also wish that each user would have the ability to set a default card instead of it being cash.

Carey James
Carey James
IT Director in US
Computer Networking, 2–10 Employees

refused to cancel after failing to deliver working product

Comments: The concur setup person wasted weeks of corporate assets and CPA time attempting to set up. Getting a working setup failed.
We begged for help and a better setup representative, no response.
After giving up and needing to move on because we had wasted corporate resources to get the portal working with the app., we found that having the corporate CPA match transactions directly from corporate bank accounts was faster than the failed concur system.
We notified Concur many times via phone calls and emails that we wished to cancel because we never got a working product.
They continued to send collection notices no matter how many times we notified them that we never received a working product.
Now they are suing the corporation for the year they decided to keep billing us after we canceled. We, of course, are planning on vigorously countersuing.
Thankfully the corporate policy retains all phone call recordings and emails in our retention vault.
So the jury will get to sit through hours of corporate employees begging for help and sending notices to cancel after failure to launch.

Pros:

we liked NOTHING. they actually only added extra work for our corporate CPA, they were supposed to make it easier. ha! #FAIL

Cons:

they treated us like we simply did not matter. horrible support.

Kristen
Executive Assistant to CEO in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Streamline your expense reporting

Comments: At my previous employer, I was the administrator of Concur and the person who set up the software. It revolutionized the way we processed expenses (which had previously been a manual paper and pen process). It integrates beautifully with multiple banking entities, automatically importing charges as they are posted to your card. It can accommodate e-receipts if the vendor supports those -- car rentals, airline tickets, and hotels being the most common. And if you set the software to require receipts for a type of expense or a dollar limit, users will not be allowed to submit the expense report without attaching a receipt to the line item. It saves so much time from an administration point of view, and the interface is very user-friendly. I would give this five stars and recommend it to anyone, from a small to enterprise level organization. Now, on the downside, my current employer also uses Concur, but they upgraded recently to the beta version, and it is full of bugs. Some of the best and most convenient features have been removed, such as the ability to perform batch changes on expense items and the ability to see at a glance which expense line items contained comments. Support has been completely non-existent for the beta version and we get nothing but run-around and excuses. I have been extremely disappointed with the entire upgrade process and the level of response we have received. Thus, my less than five star review. I hope that they resolve these issues.

Pros:

Straightforward administration setup wizard Ease of importing receipts Integration with our corporate bank account, credit cards, and purchasing cards Ability to customize limits and alerts Ease of administering multiple profiles for executives Integration with Expense-It so that users can take a picture of receipts with their phones and have them automatically uploaded to their expense reports

Cons:

The Beta version is full of bugs Developers refuse to support the beta version Does not adequately track users who have used their corporate cards for personal charges and owe the company money

Wholesale, 51–200 Employees

High Tech, Dissappointing progress recently

Comments: Started out strong, but the company’s work quality and responsiveness have dropped the last few years. The new changes are getting to a point of being comically bad.

Pros:

We selected this for the integration to company card, the ease of tracking, creating, and approving expenses. It has done all of those very well. It helped us out greatly as a small company trying to manage company cards for over half the company. The pricing model is small business friendly and helps it retain value for almost any business that has started with it.

Cons:

Since SAP has purchased them the user experience has gone down hill and is starting to plummet. The latest update is due to be forced on users first quarter this year. It is terrible, not a single redeeming feature and a huge step backwards for user experience. It is very error prone, makes viewing and accessing information almost impossible, and is single handled the worst change I have been seen implemented on an interface. The backend is a hybrid now of multiple peoples designs and many areas of the software seem “partially updated”. Four years ago you could teach to a new users, even admins, in under an hour or so, today everything takes a lot longer and every area has errors in the interface. The list of 3rd party ERPs it integrates to has not significantly changed in 4 years. There is still no automatic way for it to handle company card reconciliation with a statement and the best support is the sales team. That means to get a problem fixed you have to have someone pitch you on spending more, then if you can get them to understand that the product doesn’t work, you might get a call back within a month from support. If you try submitting your own issue, just don’t expect help. I’d honestly be fine with that, if it wasn’t there bill in china shop meant sloth in making UI changes. There is so much half done work, it really disappoints me on whether or not the service will remain usable in the future.

Lauren
Marketing Content Product Manager in US
Wholesale, 501–1,000 Employees

Not a huge fan - not user friendly

Comments: I only use it because I have to for work, otherwise I would not use this program.

Pros:

I like that concur is a program that can track your personal and work expenses. You can link up a credit card, and once you charge an item it goes directly to Concur and whos up on a list for you to add to a current or future expense. I also like how Concur has a phone App to let you upload receipts on the go so you don't have to carry them around everywhere with you.

Cons:

This program is not very user-friendly. It seems like it is an older progam that has been around for a while, so it works, but not as fast and easy as a more up to date program. This is the only expense program I have ever worked with, so I cannot say if it is better or worse than others. I have to use it for work, but I really wish my company would source a newer easier to use program. I have to relink my credit card, and could not figure out how to do it online. It is linking, but it is linking my other 2 personal accounts that are at the same company, which I do not need linked. I cannot figure out how to fix this! This was actually kind of frustrating, because I searched the concur site on how to fix my problem and could not find an answer. I then searched for a phone number of who I could call that could help me, and I couldnt even find a phone number to call! I gave up on fixing this - as my card does link, I just delete the other items that I don't need linked - but it shouldn't be that hard! So for that, I gave customer support not a great rating here. Sometimes an amount will upload wrong, and I cannot edit the amount. I usually just detach the receipt, delete it and add a new item with the correct amount and attach the receipt, but then the card charge is not linked, and my company needs them to show they are linked. I wish the matching process was a better, as well as the nightly hotel charges too.

Medical Practice, 10,000+ Employees

Concur - with good implementation by corporate it is nearly perfect

Comments: Concur makes keeping track of expenses and submitting expense reports routine and even somewhat fun. It also provides a handy record of where you have been before. It's great.

Pros:

Concur makes it very easy to do expense reports for a sporadic traveler: -expenses for the corporate card are transferred automatically (so one does not forget to claim them) -the latest implementation I use even transfers the details of hotels stays (nightly rate, tax 1,2,3 etc.), making it almost zero work to finish these. Long hotel stays with occasional meals used to be the most time-consuming entries. I don't know if this is a new version or specific to my latest employer, but it is much appreciated! - receipts can be uploaded through a mobile Concur app, but also just as a jpg or pdf. (sometimes one has time to take the photo with one's phone, but is not in a good place to enter the details in the app - think - just purchased a coffee, now in boaRding line with a suitcase, phone and coffee). I have not used similar software products from other vendors, except one: Concur is incredibly more efficient for both those writing expense reports and those monitoring expense compliance than the alternative of copying scanning cutting and pasting and spreadsheets - any corporation wanting to increase the productivity of its workforce (and their loyalty) should bite the financial bullet and implement Concur.

Cons:

Although the following situations are rare, occasionally an unusual situation maKes things difficult. Usually, asking for help early from Concur and the internal corporate travel contact is the best course. here are a few: 1. A flight charge and a cognate refund adding up to zero can't be submitted as report. Let this get over 30 days old so it can't be combined with newer charges, and you have to have higher authorities fix it. 2. More common is when a hotel charges for the first night reservation, but the charges on the receipt do not match the folio provided, usually because the taxes are not included. Confuses the hell out of Concur, and hard to resolve on one's own.

Accounting, 10,000+ Employees

It Will Get The Job Done, But Might Frustrate You Constantly Until It Does

Comments: Our entire firm just moved over to Concur Expense, and it has not been without it's issues. I think it will be a worthwhile transition in the long run, however, I need to watch a lot more of the help videos until I get there.

Pros:

It is very thorough, and really very detailed. I don't have problems with the reports once I make them, and I feel like the expense process is very thorough. From a company's standpoint, the software makes sense and provides them with a lot of information. It also has a TON of user input checks which are incredibly tedious, but also ensure that everything is inputted properly The app is also really helpful, especially when taking pictures of receipts and uploading them to reports. If I wanted to ensure accuracy and completeness and was choosing a software, I'd definitely go with this one.

Cons:

Sigh... all good things have their drawbacks it seems. I'd be lying if I said Concur Expense was user friendly. There are so many error messages possible, and it is not intuitive when trying to solve them all. The error messages are small, and contain limited information as to why they've occurred. Per diem is NOT self explanatory, and my firm had to put out an entire educational PowerPoint on how to input per diem expenses. And then additional help info on basically every other function. Sometimes the system will auto-populate when I don't want it to, and other times it will attempt to categorize expenses into categories that don't make sense. It's not the most intuitive software... and when I finally successful submit an expense report, I'm relieved more than anything.

Philanthropy, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Very strong expense management / invoice / requisition tool

Comments: We use for our invoice capture/processing process, expense management and purchase requisition process. This has expanded over time due to the usability of the tool and high level of adoption from end users.

Pros:

The tool is multi-faceted meaning that once you have end users using, expanding it's reach/impact is very easy. We started with invoice, then added expense and than adopted purchase requisition most recently. The mobile app is very helpful in managing the process for invoice approvals and receipt capture particularly, as can be done on the go.

Cons:

Some of the quirks hard baked into the system route from it's beginnings as Global Expense, and therefore can be forgiven. I do see some of these ironed out over time. The SAP purchase (a number of years back now) has seen account management strengthened, however if you are not an enterprise wide SAP ERP customer - you are likely to struggle to receive a high level of account management.

Braden
Marketing & Business Development Manager in US
Machinery, 11–50 Employees

Average Expense System

Comments: Overall, I rate my experience as average. Although it was far more expeditious than the previous expense software that I have used, I still view it as an average expensing program. Please keep in mind, I was only a user not and administrator or implementer so I have no context as to the sophistication on the backend. From a user's standpoint I think it provides the essential services/functions that you need from an expense software.

Pros:

Concur offers an application that is pretty straight forward and easy to use. I think the most convenient feature is the receipt databasing piece. I can take a photo of my receipt code and file it right away. The previous software that I used required a user to wait for the final charge to appear on your corporate expense account (credit card) and then it would allow you to code and submit the expense. As a result, you would need to hang on to a receipt (s), sometimes for a few days and then code and submit it. However with Concur's photo receipt function you can take a picture and toss that receipt right away.

Cons:

I struggled with the travel booking functionality. Although the concept, to have travel and expenses in one place, is excellent I believe it came with a cost. We had the functional ability to book travel via the app but still used outside sources because we seemed to get better rates and I believe the app did not always show all available options. To be fair, some of that might have been mitigated by our own internal processes in which we inhibited our ability to optimize this feature, more so than the functionality itself not existing.

Kristin
Applications Administrator in US
Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

Streamlines coorporate Travel Bookings, Approvals and Expense Reports in one application that is somewhat easy to use.

Pros:

Great implementation experience. Nice workflow that you can customize and set up for your company needs. Nice interface and UI for users. It is great that there is an app to use when on the go. Love the fact there are integration capabilities that you can build out and customize to extract data to then ingest into other software.

Cons:

User support is very hard to deal with in the fact that you have to submit 'cases' via the website and do not always get the correct person that understands your wants and needs....I find this extremely unbearable support after coming out of implementation where you had a dedicated rep that could communicate effectively with you and understands your custom set up of the system. The client service rep after implementation does little to no help with requests. The administration of the system is cumbersome and very complex. The admin has a lot to learn and a lot of different areas of the system to manage. The mobile application doesn't allow for all necessary functionality for users for approvals. System outages have gotten better but occur way too frequently.

Valentina
Valentina
Key Account Manager in Croatia
Automotive, 1,001–5,000 Employees

SAP Concur is a Robust Online Accounting Software

Comments: It automate travel and spend management.

Pros:

SAP Concur is a crucial asset that help me save time by eradicating manual accounting tasks.I do not record errors when paying vendors by incorporating 2 and 3 way matching tools which detect discrepancies rapidly.

Cons:

Ever since 2019, I have been using SAP Concur, and I hardly encounter issues at all.

Jennifer
Sales and Marketing Specialist in Philippines
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Excellent budgeting system

Comments: I like how simple it is to track and manage all of my company's expenses in one place. This system allows us to track expenses and reimburse employees for out-of-pocket expenses as a large corporation with many employees. Concur offers an important benefit in the form of direct deposit for employee reimbursement. They also have an app, which I have yet to try but have heard nothing but positive things about. The system's user-friendly interface also makes staff training easier.

Pros:

It's convenient to have all of the organization's expenses in one place. With a large workforce, the system can track expenses and reimburse those who have already spent money on the company's behalf. Before reimbursement is made, the direct supervisor can authorize and verify the process. The direct deposit feature of Concur is extremely useful.

Cons:

I dislike how limited the accounting review process for receipt management is, but aside from that, SAP Concur is a very user-friendly system that is simple to train new employees on.

MARGARITA
Expense Accounting Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Love Concur's Smart Audit Functions

Pros:

The expense management side of it and the option to provide our company policy list to Concur to implement into audit rules / flagging policy exceptions/

Cons:

Wish the reporting was more robust and integrated better with Intacct without going through third-parties like Wipfli.

chris
IS Specialist in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Easily the best program out there

Comments: Benefits of paperless expense reports is not only environmentally friendly, but the way to keep up in a busy never-sleep world of business.

Pros:

Great program. You are able to upload receipts and even use your mobile for pictures and logging trips/expenses and even meals while travelling. The best feature of this is the mileage calculator. If you are like me, you travel for work. All you simply do is enter your starting point, and end point, and it does the rest! You can select one way trips or round trips, and the mileage gets calculated automatically. Reporting out of the software is great as well, and breaks everything down perfectly for those days in audit. Must have for any professional whom wishes to avoid paper expense reports!

Cons:

I couldn't find anything I did not like with this software. I have used many before but hands-down this is the crème de la crème. I wish more companies used this program, it's easy, accurate and gets the job done in little time.

Jared M.
Jared M.
Graduate Research And Teaching Assistant in US
Higher Education

One of the most unnecessarily frustrating systems I've ever used

Comments: Horrible system and huge inconvenience, although it seems after many years Concur is finally starting to address user issues to improve their system.

Pros:

My university requires us to use Concur to file all of our expenses for job-related travel. At first, it seemed like a nice system. I used to app to take pictures of receipts, which was handy. Also, it seems that they very recently upgraded their system to make it more usable.

Cons:

Almost every time I submitted an expense report, it was returned with errors. I am a PhD candidate, and for the life of me I could not seem to get these reports correct. One big problem was that my departments gives us per diem for food expenses, but Concur would always create an error if our total expenses did not add up to the exact amount of approved funding. So I often had to worked with our department secretary to manipulate the expenses so that the system would accept my report. The business office at my university was no help either. In fact, they seemed to be purposely obtuse about Concur. In summary, using Concur was honestly one of the most frustrating experiences of my graduate career, which says a lot. There were multiple occasions where the business office made a mistake in an account number, blamed me for it, and then it ended up taking many months and lots of arguing before I finally got my reimbursement.