15 years helping Singaporean businesses

About SurveyMonkey

A market-leading survey platform.

Learn more about SurveyMonkey

Pros:

Great company great customer service, lots of features. Afton Tickets and MyAfton LiveStream use SurveyMonkey to send surveys to our attendees, clients, and to the artists that we book.

Cons:

Can be a little too simple and sometimes when people get the survey link it does not work. That can mean some people miss out.

SurveyMonkey ratings

4.6
4.3
4.5
4.4

8.6/10

SurveyMonkey has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 9,989 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used SurveyMonkey before?

Filter reviews (9,989)

FAIBREY
FAIBREY
Data Analyst in South Africa
Farming, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Data Collection and Analysis Master

Comments: It has simplified to a great extent on how we gather information from our customers and employees. It has improved on time taken to complete a research topic, materials needed for the task, saving costs and accuracy of collected data.

Pros:

The first beautiful thing I like is that their website and the mobile application are very responsive and have a great user interface that enables us to complete tasks in a short period of time. On features, I am impressed that it gives me well made templates on how i want my questionnaire to look like. I do not need special designing skills as everything is already set and I just need to input my questions and type of responses to be expected. Previously, we did not have many formatting options on questions and answers but now the vendor is working hard in making sure that they simplify everything for us. After deploying our questionnaires, we do not need much time to group and analyse data as everything comes already grouped and analysed. We just need to interpret the results to ensure both employee and customer satisfaction.

Cons:

The only time I had troubles was when i was using the mobile application to create a questionnaire and I closed the app before completion. All my work was lost as it did not save it automatically and I had to start again. Another problem is that it does not allow work to be done offline.

Michele
System Administrator in Italy
Insurance, 501–1,000 Employees

Great (but expensive) tool for custom forms and surveys

Comments: Overall the software does what it is supposed to do, however it is strongly recommended to buy an (expensive) paid plan for custom features.Prices and limits are not very clear (e.g. how many users/devices can login over a period of time).

Pros:

The GUI is easy to use and there are lots of features and options to create custom forms and/or surveys.Logic can also be easily added, allowing your clients to view different pages according to how they respond.

Cons:

Data export is possible but could be more customizable, you often need to clean your data before performing any assessment. Data presentation is also quite limited in the number of charts and graphs you can display.

Cheyanne
Cheyanne
Owner in US
Entertainment, Self Employed

Survey monkey ❌️NO❌️ OR ✔️YES✔️

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Honestly, I like everything about survey, monkey other than the prices are a little low. You have to spend so much time on that survey. It's not really worth it. A lot of the time

Cons:

The prices on each survey because you can spend 20 minutes on survey and only get 5 cents to me. That's not worth it.

Andrew
Program and Financial Officer in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Solid product but lots of caveats

3.0 last month New

Comments: The surveys are nice; embedding could use more work though since it gives you limited control over the embed options compared to other tools like MS Forms. I wish that data was synced realtime to a workbook that could be referenced instead of needing to be exported each time there is new data.

Pros:

It has tons of questions types including a few like the slider that are unique to SurveyMonkey. Lots of customisable options on formatting and overall layout.

Cons:

The data; it's stuck within SM's system and cannot be analysed live by any external tools like PowerBI or easily brought into Excel on a realtime basis. It's stuck inside and that makes it aggravating.

Giorgi
Visiting lecturer in Georgia
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Survey monkey generates perfect report

Comments: My overall experience with SurveyMonkey has been positive. The platform's user-friendly interface and versatile features simplified survey creation. Robust analytics provided valuable insights, and responsive customer support enhanced the overall satisfaction of using the platform.

Pros:

I appreciate SurveyMonkey for its user-friendly interface, versatile survey creation tools, robust analytics features, and responsive customer support, making the survey process efficient and insightful.

Cons:

Has many limitations in SurveyMonkey's free plan, such as restricted access to advanced features

Guy
Guy
Director in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Simple or complex surveys made easy

Comments: Good overall experience, would always be my first choice/recommendation

Pros:

It's really developed a lot since the early days, seems anything's possible now with the format and style of questions, but it's still easy to keep things simple and create great looking surveys

Cons:

The data export can be a little clumsy unless you set up the survey exactly right

Pedro
Pedro
CEO in Portugal
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use and to implement

Pros:

It's indeed an easy to use solution and fairly simple to implement in other platforms

Cons:

I would say it would be good to have more advanced and automated options

E-Learning, Self Employed

Survey monkey

Comments: Overall it looks great and is a really useful tool

Pros:

Its a user friendly way to create surveys and get data from your audience

Cons:

It's good quality but can be expensive if you need more than 2 people on it

Muhammad
Account Manager in United Arab Emirates
Events Services, 201–500 Employees

Best Survey and Poll App

Comments: I personally like SurveyMonkey for all my office needs. We have almost 200+ employees so SurveyMonkey helps us in polling.

Pros:

The interface and easy to make surveys and Polls

Cons:

We had a poll in our office for the new internet connection provider and it gives a very good result in polling.

Aria
Manager in Canada
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Survey your customers with ease

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

A no-frills software to capture customer information. Does exactly what you need it to, surveys are customizable and function well. We love using this software for capturing customer information

Cons:

There isn't anything that stands out as a con for this software, I will say that the surveys could offer more options for customization but it isn't necessary for the performance or function of the software.

Mental Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Benchmark Solution for Survey Creation Comes with a Price

Comments: I've had nothing but wonderful experiences working with Survey Monkey. Whether it be the ease to make professional looking survey with from scratch or using their amazing library of temples, the effortless collection of responses from your surveys whether they have been posted on your website or or embedded in social
Media platform, or the dynamic looking reports you can create literally with a push of a button, this a wonderful yet slightly expensive survey solution .

Pros:

This is hands down the best and comprehensive survey creation, tracking, and monitoring Solution out there, and there are many to choose from. Others might feature some gimmick that can't be found within Survey Monkey, but none of the others come with such a robust set of features and tools.

Cons:

It's not cheap. And don't go expecting to get back with a free trial or limited plan, unless who want to be frustrated? From utilizing their amazing library of templates to monitoring any size volume of responses to utilizing their recruiting and panel services when you're short on time but need results, you want to make sure to not cheap on the plan select.

Quality Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

This monkey see what this product does for other so this make this monkey do too! 🙈

Comments: It's definitely a platform that has a lot of pages and features to it but if you're not paying for a package then you're probably going to be very disappointed because it is simply for quick results from both internal people that you are serving or your customers. There is some ability to customize the survey by putting your own brand or logo on it so that it looks more appealing to those who are you're sending it out to, however, it does have its limitations and could definitely improve in this arena. The biggest problem with the product is that it's doesn't allow you to go as in-depth as if you were to use Google Forms, for example.

Pros:

The part that I like most about SurveyMonkey is that the developer and user interface are extremely easy to use. I am able to make a survey for either my group or for other teams that I worked with in my company and I feel like this has helped me work much more efficiently because I'm able to get a sense of how people are feeling towards various projects or procedures that we have put in place in recent months. I also use SurveyMonkey for my customers from my private business that I run apart from my position as a quality manager and it has given me incredible insight into what my customers want and need from me or what I could be doing better.

Cons:

The part that I dislike the most is that SurveyMonkey is very limited in terms of the depth of knowledge that you can obtain through surveys. By the way, if you are using the free user interface, you are not able to really collect and analyze your data as good as if you were a paying customer for it.

Doug
IT Manager in Australia
Food & Beverages, 501–1,000 Employees

Survey Monkey - Needs some improvement

Comments: Technically this is a great product but the customer service and support side of things is just awful. At one point it felt like a ghost business. If there is a phone support number I could never find it. Email response takes days and sometimes weeks. Use the product but hope you do not need support.

Pros:

Nice customisation available. Applying our own branding was fairly easy. Completing a survey as a user feels slick and snappy.

Cons:

I needed to deploy this via API. To get the survey results relied on Webhooks. That took me awhile to get right. What I truly found frustrating was the cap on API calls (500). To lift the cap meant taking our account to a commercially unacceptable price. Five times our existing plan to double our API. Calls. In addition it took weeks to hear back from customer service. They only got in touch after I went public on Facebook.

Cole
Operations Specialist in US
Consumer Goods, 11–50 Employees

The Leading Survey Software on the Market

Comments: Overall, we are very pleased with how SurveyMonkey helps us successfully tackle a wide array of tasks. The product is so incredibly customizable which allows it to be reconstructed to help us with everything from weekly surveys to determine lunch orders for employees, to satisfaction surveys, to focus group surveys, to product questionnaires, and more. The greatest value SurveyMonkey provides any business is time-savings. The product makes survey creation, distribution, results tracking and collection, and analyzation quicker than any manual labor or combination of other softwares.

Pros:

Much like with any product or software, ease of use is the most important pro because it defines the entire user experience. SurveyMonkey's ease of use and compatibility with a variety of systems and softwares earn the product an A+. After a few login's and explorations of the software, it quickly becomes apparent that the design of this product is well-thought out and strategic. The flow from between pages is simple, looking for and finding tools is intuitive and you're often time able to find things on your own. To add to what has already proven to be an A+ software, the incredible amount of customization that can be applied to surveys and their results analyzing make SurveyMonkey that much more impressive. The software is so versatile that we've successfully used for Marketing, Product Development, Human Resources, Accounting, and more.

Cons:

More than any other product or software I have ever reviewed, SurveyMonkey has the fewest cons. Truthfully, from our experience with the software, there really are no stand-out cons that we've been unhappy about. When having to thoroughly consider all aspects of the product, I'd say the greatest con is the cost of the product. We operate on a business plan that charges per user with a minimum requirement of 3 users per plan. I'd like to see plan options with preset amount of users that would offer better rates. The cost of the Personal Plans are much much worse and mostly require annual payments versus monthly which locks you in for one year and I think the lack of flexibility there is SurveyMonkey's biggest upset. I'd hardly ever consider their use for personal at their current costs.

Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Unsure Who To Blame ...

Comments: The idea behind digital survey taking is incredible, tech does soooo much for the modern world, but when it comes to surveying, marketing, or attempting to do any type of consumer data collection for means of attaining any type of accurate analysis, I dont know if we will ever have a model for selecting candidates that actually benefits and represents a person or company in the totality which we are seeking. The human psyche is astronomical, our decision making process is based on so many different factors that often contradict, none the less its still right, and sometimes wrong. In saying that, the ease of use is incredible, implementation and all things office & "paperwork" are a breeze, however I don't know if it would have been worth it financially to keep it around. Also the time it takes our staff to sort through the data and try to create a system for receiving more accurate results based on the information we seek is outstanding. Most people do not have the time that it takes to complete an in depth questionnaire without some sort of compensation. It will take a while to create a system that returns the results we seek, and that is assuming the survey taker is HONEST!!! Truly incredible. A huge task if you use the software for anything other than entertainment.

Pros:

Ease of use, functionality for simple tasks or very basic data collection. Price. Easy to understand dashboard, mostly user friendly.

Cons:

Results were not quite what we were seeking, and it wasn't until we used the software on our own did we find out the complexity behind receiving accurate data. We were being phased out when we shouldn't have been and took some time to figure out that maybe the problem lies behind what we are geared towards, the data we seek, and the problems we try to solve for people. Data collection dependent on societies psyche or judgement forming depends on so much, mostly their ideas and experiences in their reality, which may be wildly different than others, based on the same or different factors. So long story short our results were not what we were seeking and its extremely time consuming creating a model for accurate questioning.

Edward
Jefe de Marketing in Venezuela
, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Professional Survey Creator

Comments: Survey Monkey has benefited the company that I work for because it allows us to quickly create surveys that are professional and that make it easy for people to respond. The feature that allows you to filter responses has been one of the most beneficial for my company as it helps us to ensure the people that respond to our surveys are the intended audience. For example, if we want to survey supervisors, Survey Monkey allows us to have the first question of a survey ask if the respondent is a supervisor. If the respondent answers no, that they aren't a supervisor, we can immediately have them directed to a thank you page that explains how we appreciate them taking the time for the survey but that at this time we are only seeking responses from current supervisors. It has been a feature that has helped increase survey response accuracy and save the time of those people who are responding because if they aren't the audience we are looking to survey, we immediately filter them out with the first question so they aren't wasting their time responding and so that we aren't wasting time sorting responses that aren't valid four our purposes.

Pros:

The thing about Survey Monkey that I like best are its survey templates. Survey Monkey has so many templates of surveys that are professionally built and designed. The questions that are in the templates are diverse, educated and are all designed with the purpose of the survey in mind. Each question in the templates have its own purpose and is important for the bottom line. I like that if you want to use a template but don't want a specific question or you want to add an additional question or edit an existing question - you can. Survey Monkey's templates are fully customizable.

Cons:

I do not like that the Survey Monkey logo and branding appear on all surveys that you create with Survey Monkey. The branding even appears in most of the paid versions of Survey Monkey. I think that - especially if you are paying for an account, that you should be able to opt-out of having the Survey Monkey advertising or branding on your surveys. This is important because when you distribute a survey, you do so with the intention of getting as many responses to the survey as possible. In order for people to participate in surveys - especially electronic surveys, they must trust the source. I have found that many people are concerned when responding to electronic surveys that their answers or personal information will be shared. With the Survey Monkey branding - especially for people that are not familiar with Survey Monkey, it could decrease the likelihood of people trusting the source and responding. I think that all versions of Survey Monkey - even the free account - should have the option to remove the branding. However, I especially think that the paid accounts should have the option to remove the branding.

Grace
Advocate/Facilities Associate in US
Individual & Family Services, 11–50 Employees

A versatile tool for collecting, disseminating, and/or digesting any desired data

Comments: Overall, survey monkey, has a TON of very valuable uses and is generally user friednly for all levels of experience both on the user side as well as with those developing and deploying their products. The features that allow for real-time data collection with the ability to report that data live, have been crucial in my workplace. I hope these in-the-moment capabilities will continue to increase the ability of all workers, to hold those in power accountable, as well as allow for the demand of responsiveness at the time those responses are needed. :)

Pros:

I appreciate the range of access to their products, that comes at no cost! aka the features that are Free :) I don't use their products enough to warrant a paid subscription, so being able to create a survey occasionally has been great for a committee I'm on, within my organization. Also being able to use polls to gauge real time reactions to changes within our workplace has helped drive pushback to undesired policies and also increase engagement of co-workers from seeing our peers wrestling with similar feelings/concerns, as they are happening.

Cons:

As a user of a couple survery's that were sent to me from partner agency's - outside of my organization (which I tried to respond to while using my work computer & email) I could not tell if my response had been submitted at the end of the survey. One was to register for a training and the last page of the survey monkey registration questions was very confusing as to whether my information had been processed successfully and if I was in fact done with the registration form. I tried to re-enter the information multiple times but each time ended at the same spot. The page included a header on how to create your own survey monkey product but did not direct me on my status or next required steps. I had a very similar experience when presented with an employee feedback survey from a community based organization and I still don't know whether my survey responses were included in that analysis of work satisfaction!

Mary
Mary
Managing Attorney in US
Law Practice, 11–50 Employees

Useful, but awkward

Comments: Overall, a great option to allow many people to have the desired input at their convenience.

Pros:

People can use this online immediately. The survey setup user may need a minute to decide how to lay out their survey with the limite options available, but actually creating the surveys can start right away. Respondents don’t have to sign up for anything, which means an excellent response rate. The survey options allows for open-ended responses, which many other programs do not. You can also limit answer choices, and determine if a question requires an answer or can be skipped. The program will let you determine if the survey closes out at a certain time, or after a certain number of responses, or after all invited respondents have answered. An email notification updates the surveyor on the status of responses.

Cons:

An option to rank answers would be a huge advantage, letting the surveyor determine whether all answers need to be included in the ranking. (“Of these 5 entrees, please rank your choices, making an ‘x’ for any that are not options for you at all.”) A preset “scheduling survey” option would be very useful, especially if it allowed ranking of answers. I personally use SurveyMonkey most often to help set meeting dates, times and locations for professionals with divergent schedules. It could be much easier to repeat a question in setup so the next question will have the same setup, answer options, an phrasing as the prior. This option would allow quicker & more consistent survey question setup. I find the current version awkward for sending the survey to specific recipients, moreso than in prior versions. It can be done successfully without too much trouble, but the screens and fields and directives were unclear and not as user-friendly.

Aaron
Aaron
Financial Advisor in Canada
Financial Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A Powerful Yet Simple Method to Survey Your Offering

Comments: Very easy and straightforward to use. You don't have to make your surveys complex. However, it allows you to get to a deeper level if need be.

Pros:

I'm developing an online retailing presence for physiotherapy and wellness. And I've used Survey Monkey in every step of our company's development. From market surveys of our logo, to product-quality feedback, Survey Monkey was incredibly helpful when it came to acquiring the data we needed to streamline and tailor our offering, and eventual launch. There are many features that make this software exceptional. Particularly, the design and interface, which is not only customizable, but also professional looking and minimalistic. I think it certainly makes a lasting impression to an audience when your surveys look the part. It also makes data acquisition seamless for both surveyor and respondent. However, the true power of Survey Monkey is in it's data analysis. Especially when you've collected answers from hundreds and even thousands of respondents. This is where it stands out from the rest. It compiles all of the acquired information seamlessly into a single database. From there, you have an arsenal of tools to analyze the data: pie charts, bar graphs, and scatter plots. You can drill down your variables further to get a deeper understanding of what your market is looking for. And finally reveal statistically relevant correlations between features of your product/service your target market. Truly powerful stuff.

Cons:

There is none I can think of. We've used this software since the beginning of our inception and we're continually using it for our many projects.

Sardar
Manager and tutor in UK
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Survey monkey

Pros:

As a tuition center owner, I always strive to improve my services while enhancing the learning experience of my students. This is where Survey Monkey comes into the picture, as it is a simple and effective tool to collect feedback from students, parents, and staff. Survey Monkey's customizable templates created using research-based questions help me create detailed survey questions that are relevant to my tuition center's objectives. It provides easy distribution options to collect responses from a vast audience, and with their reliable reporting features, I get a comprehensive analysis of the collected data, which enables me to make informed decisions for the center. Overall, Survey Monkey is a powerful tool I rely on to ensure my tuition center is meeting the expectations of my stakeholders.

Cons:

While Survey Monkey is an excellent tool for tuition center owners to collect feedback, it comes with a few disadvantages. First, the free version is quite limited, and the paid version can be costly for small businesses. Secondly, the platform requires users to have an excellent understanding of their survey requirements, and their templates may not cover specific queries. Thirdly, the platform doesn't provide much customization beyond the colors, font types, and logos that can be used. Finally, the anonymity of participants might lead to dishonest and inaccurate feedback, which might not be helpful in getting a clear picture of the tuition center's performance.

Tonico
Director in Brazil
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Easy to use, great results.

Comments: With SurveyMonkey, I can create surveys and collect the opinion of my clients about my business. Also, I can generate questions to understand the client's needs. With survey create on SurveyMonkey is easy to study your target public and clients. You can also conduct academic research using their feature of the targeting audience. I am a researcher, and I am a respondent on SurveyMonkey. They are a great company to do a partnership, so I believe SurveyMonkey is a powerful tool to help businesses around the World understand their clients and study the market.

Pros:

SurveyMonkey is a great tool to connect your clients with your business. They have a simple layout, and it has many tools to help you create a survey. Also, the shape of the questionary is clean and easy to understand. For this reason, the respondents can give their best opinion about your business. The free version has almost everything you need to create high-quality surveys, and the price of the year subscription is a good deal because of this, I highly recommend SurveyMonkey.

Cons:

I like less of the block of the feature of added your company logo in the free version. You can't put your logo on your survey if you have only the free version. I think the feature company logo added to the free version will attract more partners to SurveyMonkey because the partner will feel more confident and encouraged to spread their brand, and the partnership with SurveyMonkey with their public, clients, and respondents.

Laura
Laura
Member Services Coordinator in Canada
Renewables & Environment, 2–10 Employees

Easiest and quickest survey tool out there

Comments: We have been using this tool for many years now and it's the go-to when we are considering gathering any kind of data for a variety of purposes. It has yet to disappoint, but we hope that there is ongoing feature introductions.

Pros:

It's incredibly quick and easy to set up an account and a survey. There are common questions that can be easily applied to your survey, along with the ability to customize questions, and a fairly comprehensive bank of question types that are super useful. It's easy to apply themes and logos to make it look professional, as well as the ability to customize things like the thank you page, although some of these features are only available on paid accounts. The analysis tools have gotten even better recently with a very easy way to set up a dashboard to publicly present results. There's control over users on paid accounts to share certain surveys and levels of access within those surveys, which is very helpful for us.

Cons:

The biggest issue encountered so far is that there is no option to automate things to send a submission to the person who filled out a form. This has to be done manually. For this reason, we use both SurveyMonkey and Wufoo; if SurveyMonkey had this option, it would be a one-stop shop. Some of the logic ability is a bit limited. The free plans are very limited, but it's nice to still have that option when very simple surveys are all that's required for a small team. Paid plans are fairly pricey if you're not using it very often, and non-profit pricing only applies to registered charities.

Sharon
Coordinator of Registration in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Survey Monkey - Easy to use

Comments: Survey Monkey has helped our organization gather information about customer satisfaction, our programs, our teachers and our services and be able to display that feedback in an effective way. Before we used survey monkey, we used to give out paper surveys at the end of each of our workshops. During the summer we run 125 programs for around 1500 individuals. Gathering and analyzing that information from the paper was a big task and although we gave out the survey we never had time to aggregate the results. With Survey Monkey that is all done for you. Now we can actually use the feedback we are receiving from stdudents and parents to make positive changes that returning customers can see. In the past three years, returning campers and parents have definately noticed that their opinions and feedback is being heard and postivie changes have been made.

Pros:

Survey Monkey is very easy to use and is great for sending out surveys to a large audience. Survey Monkey software formulated the feedback you receive back from customers in easy to read charts and tables. One of the features I really like about the software is that you can send different emails (or campaigns) from the same survey to compare different groups responses while still being able to look at the results overall. I used this feature this fall to send the same survey to four different groups. This allowed me to compare the satisfaction of each week of our programs as well as the satisfaction overall.

Cons:

I had a hard time at first figuring out the different setups for each of the questions. It would be helpful if there was a definition next to the different settings. However, after a little trial and error I figured out what everything did.

Zuhairah
Zuhairah
Marketing Communications Specialist in Malaysia
Internet, 5,001–10,000 Employees

One of the best in survey builder

Pros:

SurveyMonkey manage to offer a quite easy workflow process in building and distributing survey form to the targeted audience of our survey objective. The analytics report that generated after the the survey reach its date maturity is quite extensive and has all the critical data field that we need to improve our marketing campaign.

Cons:

There are some of the things that i like least with SurveyMonkey, one of them is the customization on the survey builder is less than other survey software on the market. We have to satisfied with the build-in template form the template library, with not many things that can be altered with it.

Analyst in US
Information Services, 11–50 Employees

SurveyMonkey Review CO

Comments: I never liked this product my overall rating would be 2 out of 5

Pros:

SurveyMonkey is a forerunner in web-based reviews and structures that enables individuals with the bits of knowledge they need to pursue choices with speed and certainty. Our quick, natural criticism of the board stage interfaces a huge number of clients overall with continuous simulated intelligence-fueled experiences that drive significant choices. It gives replies to in excess of 20 million inquiries consistently so that individuals and associations can draw in new crowds, enchant clients, make advocates, and broaden their upper hand in the commercial center. The vision is to increase present expectations for human encounters by enhancing individual voices.

Cons:

I absolutely can't tolerate surveys, with that being said there is no holding back about how I feel about this software. I don't particularly like this package, and with that being said, it holds no true meaning, don't get me wrong, I do understand the importance of surveys on various subjects, I am not the one qualified in giving my opinion in business on it. Its degree of bias with the questions asked is not useful in the workplace