Constant Contact Reviews

by Constant Contact

• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.2 /5
    4.2 /5

About Constant Contact

All the marketing tools, features, and expert guidance you need to succeed, all in one place. Create your free website today.

Learn more about Constant Contact

Showing 1,792 reviews

Aaron S.
  • Reviewed on 30/08/2016

"Great For Large Contact Base"

Pros: Constant Contact does a great job of managing multiple groups/list and lots of contacts. I've worked with clients who have a large customer base and Constant Contact allows managing large amounts of group/lists and allows you to manual remove unsubscribers and errors. They are rolling out a new version of their email builder, but the older version does allow custom css coding per block which really allows customizing their templates.

Cons: There are a lot of quirks within Constant Contact that I haven't seen in Mailchimp, specifically with using external links for photos and links. The actual editing of text and links within the email builder is quirky and has some issues. Also, the new search feature for previous emails is really slow and takes a long time to find previous emails unless you create folders for all your emails.

• Reviewed on 30/08/2016
Cheryle B.
Hospital & Health Care, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 09/12/2020

"Review for Constant Contact"

Comments: Constant Contact has been a wonderful marketing tool and I have seen results. I love the ability to see who has opened my emails in real time, as I can immediately reach out to them while the contact is "hot".

Pros: Very user friendly, but the most important feature is their customer service. I always get a real person right away when I have a question or need support. Helpful templates were there when I first got started, and they continue to be available. Their email functionality allows me to tract my emails and see who opens it (all in real time).

Cons: I have been using this software for years, and I have no complaints. I am a one person business, with about 15,000 customers, so my database is not as robust as larger companies might need for marketing. I do not use Constant Contact for videos, slides, etc.

• Reviewed on 09/12/2020
Jeff J.
Business Manager
Broadcast Media, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/01/2020

"A nimble framework with solid variety"

Comments: Over all, it satisfies with tons of options and features. It's been around for quite a while so it has maturity. I like that, because it's less likely to drop off the grid and force me to learn a different application. With the savings of a few home-made cappuccinos instead spending at the coffee stand, you can easily afford this!

Pros: Constant Contact has a smooth feel and almost always gives back more than I put into it. It's simple, solid, and scores big with me in mass management of details, as well as private and public listings. From crafting a simple update, to publishing an intricate periodical, it does the trick. The better your skills in composition and design, the better this suite will engage your craft. If you're not really into complex "back end" matters, like analytics, CTA, efficiency, and delivery success, that's ok. You'll still be able to feel the "pulse"; and like many things, the rest will come with time. The best part is that it grows on you over time, instead of impressing you upfront, and then disappointing. This "work-on-it-anywhere" app is chock full of tools for social marketing, surveys and campaigns, monitoring, scheduling, automation and similar workflows, to design, custom templates, storage, libraries, and hosting, etc. However, don't ease up on your final proof, because that's where I make the "best" mistakes! The more polished it is, the more embarrassing that typo will be! Constant Contact is a multi-level mobile tool, with plans that meet well.

Cons: While I don't always anticipate maintenance down-times, a more diverse notification system of maintenance times would be nice. I also believe a "pay-per-use" option for a reasonable time-frame would be great for businesses with less predictable budgets, trying to get off the ground. Also, sometimes design tools aren't as pliable as I'd like sometimes (I'm a so-so perfectionist). But for the price, that's ok!

• Reviewed on 17/01/2020
Admin assistant
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2018

"Keeping up with Email Data and Contacts"

Comments: Sending emails out on a daily basis and extracting that data keeps my boss happy and healthy. We are always checking out their new features that might help us even more on our marketing trails. For what you get, you are not paying too much which is cost effective!

Pros: The feature that is most useful in my current job situation is the technology this program has to track opens and clicks for basic to intricate emails that are sent out to customers. This helps us to determine our most interested and time worthy customers/prospects for different products.
Another thing is that you can import/export large amounts of data whenever you need it, and they have the tools all over the website that can help you every step of the way how to get the most out of the email campaigns. Continuous updates and features are added to the website monthly, with an article explaining all about it pops up in your notifications.

Cons: Sometimes if there is too much data/campaigns integrated into the website it can slow simple tasks down by large degree. Also there are many late night website touch ups they need to do to make the program better - but also annoys us night owls that like to get projects done late at night.

• Reviewed on 31/10/2018
Grace W.
therapist
Alternative Medicine, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2019

"Helps me reach my clients easily"

Comments: Constant Contact has helped me reach a larger group of clients, by helping me to create attractive emails that represent my business well.

Pros: I love the templates and the ease of creating great looking emails. It's easy to update the contact list. And I like that I can see a preview of the email as it will appear on computers and on mobile devices. I also really like the feedback that the data tracking component gives me.

Cons: There are a couple spots in the templates that can be glitchy. Sometimes blocks of text will get gaps or random changes in font size -- I have to do several test-emails to check that it will appear in good order on both computers and on mobile devices. That can be time-consuming. Also, some clients report having an issue finding the emails that come from Constant Contact, because the emails end up in spam folders or with warning messages attached.

• Reviewed on 17/12/2019
Fundraising Associate
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2019

"Great Emails to All of Our Members"

Comments: I am very satisfied with this product! I have used it at multiple organizations and find it is the best way to stay in touch and engage with my membership.

Pros: The customer support from Constant Contact is stellar. Every time I have a problem they walk me through it clearly and with no charge. There is a slight learning curve but once you understand the software you are able to produce clean and clear emails for all different types of announcements and newsletters. I really love the diagnostics they provide after emails have gone out- this enables my organization to keep our lists up-to-date and clean. It is also interesting to analyze member engagement with various posts. The contact list segmentation is also very useful as we gather various lists from all over the world but occasionally only want to send targeted emails to certain people- Constant Contact makes this very easy!

Cons: There is not much room for creativity outside of the set template. I find the dragging and dropping method to be quite frustrating as it is not as precise as I would like it. It would also be nice to caption photos within the text while making them distinct from the body of your message. The templates can be kind of limiting due to lack to manipulation ability.

• Reviewed on 10/05/2019
Bonnie M.
instructor
Higher Education, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/08/2018

"Constant Contact"

Comments: I've used CC to create and track event and orientation registrations, send out email blasts, reminders, and/or updated messages and flyers. I've also used CC to gather new and old leads, create and maintain lists of interested applicants, as well as track applicants who move to admitted students. It is also a great tool for marketing new programs and gathering and testing different message and design styles to see which ones gather more interest. I especially use it to email large groups without being blocked as a spammer. I really don't spam targeted leads, but with some email providers all it takes is like 5 users with the same @.... address and you can get blocked, so being able to use CC for larger emails is a big plus!

Pros: What I like most about Constant Contact (CC) is the ability to import and export contact lists so I can save and re-use particular lists as needed. I often have to run update reports to add newer applicants (or new "interested" leads) and/or change the message text to target a specific audience and then send it to those who need to be contacted; not having to create a brand new list or try and merge two different files is so helpful. Being able to preview email messages when you need to tweak something is a real time saver too! And I love the "reminders" feature so I know when it's time to reconnect with certain interested contacts.

Cons: Honestly there isn't much I don't like about CC...? Oh, right now it will not seamlessly import into the CSM tool our front desk team is using (they end up having to do a little work-around), but that will soon be fixed as they are switching another program that easily works with CC.

• Reviewed on 30/08/2018
David M.
  • Reviewed on 04/08/2019

"Constant Contact Gets Results"

Comments: We manage online marketing for many companies including their email campaigns. Constant Contact is consistent and provides solid reporting.

Pros: Easy to use, effective email marketing campaigns.

Cons: Has some difficulties with Safari, works seamlessly with Google Chrome.

• Reviewed on 04/08/2019
Mich M.
marketing manager
Retail, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2019

"What a Breeze"

Comments: Over all, a great product. I can send a super professional email to my internal publics super simple, which really makes my day.

Pros: I liked that there wasn't a huge downtime to learn the platform. From download to newsletter creation, it took me all of 30 minutes to navigate the platform and produce a great product. My boss even said it looked really good! Major points for the investment. I also like that you can preview your email in different modes, like mobile VS desktop.

Cons: It takes customer service 72 hours to get back to you with an answer to your problem. That's striking in this day and age. We are still in the testing phase of the software and I'm not sure that's going to work for us.

• Reviewed on 15/10/2019
Entertainment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2020

"Switching back"

Pros: I switched away from Constant Contact a handful of years ago due to its pricing but am now switching back. Their service is reliable and easy to use, allowing me more time to focus on other things.

Cons: Felt expensive to me at the time, so I looked elsewhere.

• Reviewed on 11/11/2020
Bethany S.
Marketing Manager
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/09/2019

"Best product out there"

Comments: Always good. I have been using them for years. If there's ever a problem, I can always call them right up and they help!

Pros: The options for sizing, ability to create & reporting

Cons: I wish there were more options for polls, surveys and how you would like them to appear

• Reviewed on 16/09/2019
Justin G.
Senior Director of Member Engagement & Wellness
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2019

"Marketing Made Easy"

Comments: Our organization loves Constant Contact. When we log in, we feel accomplished. It allows us to look like our organization, sound like our organization, and be received by clients who support our organization. It's a dream come true and makes all-important marketing simple.

Pros: Constant Contact is limitless. Want to send an eblast, create a platform for registration, or send automated trials or incentives? Constant Contact does just that and so much more. Very simply, without us using Constant Contact daily, we would not know who our prospective clients are and we would not engage the ones that are with us. When we use Constant Contact, we know our members and always see results.

Cons: There is nothing we dislike or like least about Constant Contact. It is marketing made easy.

• Reviewed on 16/01/2019
Ronald G.
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2018

"Constant Contact - good simple choice for online newsletters and can add on event management too."

Comments: Using and learning Constant Contact is not difficult... and you can really create some nice looking email newsletters and setup/manage the email lists very quickly. What I have always liked is their Event management features (with the Plus level of service) for event promotion, registration, payments, tracking, and reporting. For groups and companies that don't have members, it is a great option to consider.

Pros: I have used Constant Contact for various groups for over 10 years. The newsletters and email list management is very easy to learn and manage and the reporting availability (opens, etc) is good too. For groups that hold events and need to promote, register, get paid, and so forth for those events the Email Plus is a great option and it works well. For all these years they have offered a consistent and strong product. One thing to consider, if you are looking for software like this is to consider if you also have or need membership management as part of your group's needs... you may want to look around for a software that includes that service feature as Constant Contact does not have that membership management feature.

Cons: The price is quite high when compared to what you can get with other software (Wild Apricot) that offers email newsletters, event management, and also the total membership management part. If your group or company does not have members or need that management feature... then I always recommend Constant Contact for the newsletters and event management.

• Reviewed on 20/12/2018
Steve S.
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2020

"Closed my account without notice or cause, customer service is friendly but poorly trained"

Comments: This was the worst experience I have ever had, with any company, for any reason. It set my company back days of work. Do not use Constant Contact.

Pros: If someone were able to use Constant Contact without ever contacting customer service and if they didn't have a reputation for closing accounts, their interface is adequate for its intended purpose. It's possible to send E-Mails that appear as they do in the editor and their statistics for E-Mails that are actually able to be sent are presented well.

Cons: I spent 2 hours and 47 minutes on the phone waiting for their "deliverability team" to answer a question about SPF and DKIM and bounced messages, over six calls, before I finally gave up. I was never able to get in touch with anyone who know what he or she was talking about. I figured out the answer myself through a Google search hours later. When I signed up for Constant Contact, a salesperson called me to upsell their services and asked what industry I was in, so I told her. I used the service for a month and spent hundreds of dollars to have my employees investigate their API. Eventually, I complained to them about their poor wait times and someone called me to apologize. I spent 25 minutes on the phone with her and she told me I would get a 25% discount and they would get back to me about that in a few hours. After a few hours, instead of a discount, they sent me an E-Mail saying my account was closed because I was associated with an industry where I might send spam. I had only sent one message in the history of the account. That's after I had told them before what industry I was in, and after I was helpful to them for 25 minutes of uncompensated time to tell them what was wrong with their customer service.

• Reviewed on 10/07/2020
Sara B.
Strategic Assistant
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/01/2017

"This is a great product for mass emails!"

Comments: We use Constant Contact on a regular basis. Once we had created several templates, it's simple creating an email! We also utilize design programs like Canva to increase our creativity.

Pros: Once your templates are created it makes it easier. You can send to lots of people at one time - making 10,000 emails to go out super simple. In addition, they can remove themselves and CC doesn't send again without their permission. We love seeing who viewed, clicked through the email or even forwarded it on!

Cons: You can't attach a name to several emails - this is an inconvenience. I feel as though there are random glitches quite often and that can be time-consuming.

• Reviewed on 05/01/2017
Bettydirect C.
Director of Blessing Hands
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2020

"Very Useful"

Comments: I am able to use Constant Contact for several of my commitments to Rotary, my church, and Blessing Hands. They do not limit the number of newsletters I can send out.

Pros: It is professional in its look and execution. It allows us to be professional in presentation. I like the creative process and ability to show photos and links.

Cons: The cost seems high to me. Sometimes it will not save what I have done and I have to redo it. Also, the open rate is very low compared to sending an email from my own email. I cannot send out 1,000 emails from my private account, so I must rely on a newsletter program. I also don't like it that I cannot upload all the pictures I want to but must first load them to Facebook to get an online address.

• Reviewed on 06/02/2020
Kenneth B.
Director of IT
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2019

"A Great Bulk E-mail Platform"

Comments: We send out newsletters several times a month and Constant Contact is what we use. It's great for tracking users and click rates.

Pros: The templates are very easy to set up and use. They now have mobile friendly templates so getting your newsletters out is super easy.

Cons: If you know HTML it's a little restricting. It's definitely designed for non-technical users. wish it integrated with Exchange.

• Reviewed on 13/12/2019
Stephanie K.
Studio Director
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/03/2021

"Great once you know the workarounds"

Comments: It’s extremely functional, you know the people you want to receive communication are the ones getting. As far as visuals, there is a bit left to be desired but it’s possible to work around the font constraints etc.

Pros: It was very easy to segment and target your audiences, which I didn’t fully appreciate until using different software that wasn’t.

Cons: I had to devise some pretty weird workarounds to get the emails to the place I wanted aesthetically.

• Reviewed on 02/03/2021
Jessica G.
Marketing Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 17/05/2017

"A good program, but a b it costly for what it is"

Comments: Everything was in one place for our event management and communications regarding the event.

Pros: Simple to use. It was almost a "drag and drop" type of format with a little more flexibility. We used the email, events, and polls/surveys features.

Cons: I used it at a previous company, so I'm not sure if this is still an issue or not: I had a heck of a time with trying to use any sort of HTML formatting.
Another issue I had was that the email send outs were very sporadic. I wouldn't always get notifications I should've.
Purely a cosmetic complaint, but the Event pages don't look modern/are kind of clunky looking.

• Reviewed on 17/05/2017
Robin S.
Agent
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 16/06/2020

"Good CRM"

Comments: Overall experience was good. It has great storage capacity and the ease of use is a plus. It is a lead/contact management software so you have to use it to make it worth your time.

Pros: Ease of use lets you make your buckets and generate emails to your contacts.
It's nice in real estate to be able to move and classify your contact/leads

Cons: Not really anything it was easy to set up and import contacts and create my buckets to get me moving.

• Reviewed on 16/06/2020
Barbara C.
Nonprofit Organization Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 09/02/2017

"Great resource for online marketing and event management!"

Comments: I've been using Constant Contact for multiple organizations for about 10 years. For email marketing with additional features (e.g. surveys) I believe it's the gold standard. The contact management is very easy to learn and navigate. There are many templates for emails, and many customizable features. EventSpot is not quite as friendly, especially for users with a large number of events. There are many good features, although some vary slightly from the pure email marketing functionality and the new way they list events needs changes.

Pros: Excellent Customer Support, great features and functionality.

Cons: Event Spot was changed, making it harder to find your events from a list.

• Reviewed on 09/02/2017
Greg W.
Pastor
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2019

"Powerful Connections"

Pros: Constant Contact is a great resource to use for reaching out to our people. It's easy to use and does what I need. I love the look of the communications we send and the templates make everything easy.

Cons: Nothing. It works great. I would like a few more keyboard shortcuts but it's a great service.

• Reviewed on 29/07/2019
Karina sofia C.
Diseñador Gráfico
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/09/2018

"Increase your sales and reach more customers with Constant Contact."

Comments: It has helped me a lot to increase sales and get new clients, I think that this system is very efficient if we use it properly.

Pros: This is one of the best systems to create email marketing campaigns, it is very easy to use compared to other similar systems and contains features and functionalities that facilitate the development of email marketing strategies. There are many predesigned designs that we can choose to create our campaigns to provide an attractive and professional visual effect, we can also create our own designs easily, we simply drag and drop the items we need. We can segment our contact lists in a very simple way, it also allows us to incorporate forms on our websites to add subscribers. We can make an analysis of our campaigns and improve results since the system allows us to carry statistics of the shipments that we do.

Cons: What I do not like very much about constant is its price, I think it is a bit expensive and its support management system is not so good, but in general it is a great system.

• Reviewed on 15/09/2018
Chelsea F.
Administrative Assistant
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/07/2019

"Great Email Service"

Comments: We love that you can easily design your message and then send it to your target audience

Pros: This program allows you to easily add contacts and tag them in multiple groups. We also love that it allows you to send the email out to all contacts or just select groups. This allows us to easily direct our emails to those that need it. The program also allows you to design your email to customize the look.

Cons: Nothing we love constant contact, we have had no issues with this program.

• Reviewed on 15/07/2019
Melissa S.
Account Executive
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2018

"Easy to use but sometimes glitchy"

Pros: Developing emails and blasting them out couldn't be easier. The analytics are pretty standard but helpful. I haven't noticed a lot of outages either.

Cons: The site is sometimes glitchy. Not a huge deal, but sometimes it is annoying. For example: a few months back when selecting lists for emails, it would preselect the email list you used for the previous campaign so you'd have to physically uncheck that email list or the campaign would go out to the wrong list. It took Constant months to fix this issue.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2018