15 years helping Singaporean businesses

Point of Rental Software Reviews

About Point of Rental Software

We're the most-referred rental & inventory management software for 5,000+ businesses worldwide, constantly innovating for your success.

Learn more about Point of Rental Software

Pros:

Cons:

I am basically a 3 month seasonal business and pay $1440.

Point of Rental Software ratings

4.1

7.7/10

Point of Rental Software has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 145 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Point of Rental Software before?

Nazli
Nazli
Senior Account Executive in US
Events Services, 51–200 Employees

My Point of Rental Software story

Comments: I’ve been using Point of Rental Software since 2013 and I have absolutely using the software. The support staff is always there to help if you need them. I also really like the her help feature that allows you to read up on how to use the software.

Pros:

Windows based Support team Ease of use Integrated website

Cons:

Still working out the French translation

6 years ago

Thanks, Nazli! We're glad you're enjoying the software and our support staff. As you might have heard, we're making a push to get more French-friendly, having added a few French-speaking support team members and a French Canadian salesperson! We look forward to when we're able to be as magnifique in French as we are in English. =)

Paul
Managing Director in UK
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Overall a good product but better customer support / liaison could be given

Comments: Once the install was completed, the product is user friendly and easy to use. Any issues directed to the helpdesk are usually solved in a timely manner

Pros:

Took a while to get the installation process done, but now we have been using Syrinx for 2 years without any major issues. Driver app and scheduler are great.

Cons:

Stock checks, both sales stock and fleet on mobile device would be very useful.When we signed up we were promised an account manager who would be in contact with us throughout our time with POR, we do not know who our account manager is and they have not made contact in just over 2 years.

last year

Hey Paul, we're glad Syrinx is working out great for you! I'll let our team know about your concern regarding having an account manager and we'll try to get that issue rectified as soon as possible. Can you email me so I make sure you're the right Paul G.? -Brian

General Manager in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

This software is massively over priced and is not cut out for fence rentals.

Comments: There were no benefits whatsoever

Pros:

The only positive of this system was the dispatch integration. This was a good system that functioned well with routing our trucks for their daily installations.

Cons:

Way overpriced. If you are having reservations about the cost of this listen to your gut. System looks archaic. The architecture looks like software from the 1990's. The estimating process is slow and cumbersome. You are forced to enter a complete order by using a series of tabs instead of simply entering everything on one screen as in modern software. There are many quirks that slow you down as well as password and user ID issues, printing issues, etc. POR allows you to access the software in test mode before you purchase which we did. The problem is when you access in test mode you have no clue what you are looking at and you have no guidance from POR until you cut a check. A VERY LARGE CHECK. The on site training provided was done by a very knowledgeable guy but it was not enough to get us up and running with confidence. The biggest disappointment is that our company feels deceived. We were told that this would integrate with Quickbooks which it barely does. It will only tell quick books a lump sum of sales per day, nothing else. Our quick books really became useless to us. Our company was also told that there were other fence rental companies that used their product and that we'd be able to contact them to hear about their experience with POR. After making several requests for this info it was never provided. We assume that POR was lying about this.

6 years ago

David, I apologize for taking so long to respond; I just got the email notification for this review from Capterra a little while ago. We're sorry to hear you feel that way. When Tina posted her review, our support team sent emails to try to explain how to fix the issues she was having; since we didn't get a response and you're citing some of the same issues, perhaps those messages didn't get through? We're committed to fixing the issues in the relationship between POR and Driven Fence as quickly as possible. One of our managers will be calling you this afternoon to try to help you get the most out of your software, advise on some best practices, and hopefully address your grievances.

Todd
President in US
Machinery, 201–500 Employees

Great software with lots of innvovation but lacks some customization and support

Comments: POR is the main component in our business and without it we cannot conduct our operations. We have been with the system for over 20 years, seen lots of innovative features, and every version keeps getting better and better. Need more support on their staff and implementations are not smooth but its a great product.

Pros:

Integrations, ease of use, many features, constantly evolving

Cons:

Support is not good. Long hold times, inconsistent training on support, after hours support almost non-existent for a 24 hour business. Many times front line support is unaware of features and fixes and it is tough to speak to an experienced support person. Takes too long to get through, get calls back, and get support in the event of a catastrophic failure.

last year

Todd, we're glad you're still enjoying the software after all these years! Regarding your support issues, I'd like to hear more, if you have the time. Can you email me back with some contact info (all I get from Capterra is a first name/last initial combo) and I'll have our SVP of Customer Experience reach out to you? -Brian

Angela
Sales Consultant and Marketing Director in US
Events Services, 11–50 Employees

POR is much easier to use than Party Track!

Comments: We have had some glitches lately that have impacted our business - mostly from credit card issues. Most of the issues prior to that have been easy to fix and your representatives are always pleasant.

Pros:

I love that it is an easy system to use. I have used Party Track before and I love POR way more!

Cons:

I wish the sorting was easier to use so that items that go together always show up on the contract without having to physically sort each contract. I also wish some of the reports were easier to figure out. I hate the updates all the time since we have had to physically do them. However, we are moving to the cloud in July, so I'm excited for that to happen!

last year

Hey Angela, we're glad you're enjoying Point of Rental! We're sorry about the recent CC issues; while it wasn't us creating 'em, we hope our team was able to resolve those quickly enough and that you're all set for the future. =) -Brian

Richard
Accounts Receivable Lead in US

Rich Hardesty

Comments: After the learning curve it has been very positive with increased inventory and asset control as well as a much greater ability for a wider range of reports.

Pros:

The software offers a much greater control over our equipment assets and out construction supply inventory.

Cons:

So far I haven't experienced too much that I would change.

last year

Hey Rich! Thanks for the review! We're glad you're enjoying the software and we'll do our best to ensure you continue to love it as your company grows. -Brian

Stephen
General Manager in Australia
Building Materials, 11–50 Employees

Customer support is TOP TIER!

Comments: They have been excellent at providing the best customer service I have experienced in the rental software industry. It's easy to reach someone on their team when I need help, and they are fast to respond, unlike my previous rental software provider.

Pros:

I found Syrinx to be easier to use and set up than many other products I have used in the past.

Cons:

The look seems older, but I tell you what, it's far from old. It's very powerful and seems more rental customised than other rental systems I have used.

2 years ago

Thanks, Stephen! We're glad you're enjoying your Point of Rental experience and we appreciate working with you as well. =)

Daryl
Daryl
Sales Team Leader in US
Events Services, 11–50 Employees

Great software, even better support

Comments: Overall, we enjoy using POR. We have moved to POR six years ago and we wouldn't go anywhere else if we had to make the decision again.

Pros:

This is the gold standard of rental software. Their support is legendary. They have many years of experience in the industry. Most of their staff come from the rental industry Their software is very feature rich (more than anything else I've ever seen. They have a wonderful system to manage availability of rental items They are very responsive to requested features from their users. New features are being added to allow customers pay and ask for quotes online. Data can be pulled into other software for analysis and reporting.

Cons:

Their support quality has suffered as they have grown very quickly in the past few years. It is legacy software which makes it a bit less user friendly and difficult to learn. It is required to be run on a Remote Desktop server. So, the full functionality is not available easily on mobile devices.

5 years ago

Thanks, Daryl! We're glad to have you as a part of the Point of Rental family and we think you'll be excited about the direction we're taking the software in the future as we increase accessibility and focus on ease of use. We're also excited to see our new Pointers become the trusted experts that you love to talk to in the future because they're so knowledgeable. =)

Richard
SERVICE MANAGER in US

Equipment Service Manager USER

Comments: Once i finally understood the methods of POR and really learned how to use it, i found that POR is actually quite helpful. i no longer need pen and paper and use my cell phone for notes. POR has made my life easy at work. and when i have a little trouble with the system and or have questions, then the calling POR help desk has never let me down.

Pros:

1. easy way to view equipment from multiple stores all at once2. easy way to track hard down equipment by setting up priorities3. PO/invoice management is a breeze4. mobile workforce is an absolute game changer in our industry. we are able to capture more income from customers using this feature to our advantage.5. the separation of hard down equipment vs just simple check in equipment is excellent.

Cons:

1. dispatching and routing needs a major update. if you are needing a easy way to automatically add or building a recurring route for the day and or week then this feature is NOT for you. 2. adding items into a multi-store POR system and itemizing by part numbers is a chore.

last year

Hey Richard! We're glad you're getting a lot of value out of the software. Dispatching and routing should be fairly easy to set up for recurring routes, but we'd recommend y'all reaching out to our consulting or training teams; they would be able to work with you to examine your current processes and how to accomplish it within POR. You can contact them here: pointofrental.com/consulting. I hope that helps! -Brian

Machinery, 11–50 Employees

Equipment Rental Store Owner

Comments: Point of Rental is the central hub for our business, and is where we do nearly 100% of our day-to-day tasks. There is no better dedicated product on the market for a rental business, but be aware that not all of the additional features are worth the price of admission.

Pros:

Point of Rental is basically handling every facet of a rental business, from time clock to inventory to depreciation to reservations and missed rental tracking.

Cons:

The software has clearly been added to and modified over time, and the UI is uneven and inconsistent in many places. Many of the modules have only very basic functionality or are overly complicated to use.

5 years ago

We're glad you're continuing to enjoy the software - we feel that one of the advantages to having so many additional features is that it allows you to only add the features that will be worth it for your business (with thousands of businesses using the software, there are going to be a lot of differing requirements). That said, if you have recommendations for improvements in any modules, you can either submit them via uInnovate (link found in your software) or contact us directly at [email protected] and we'll see what we can do! Thanks for being a part of the Point of Rental family and for providing solid feedback!

Alina
owner in US

It did not work for us

Comments: It was really not great. we work with many companies. There is a bit of give and take in each business relationship. With Point of Rental there were many promises and no quality follow-up. The process took many times longer, in the end, the software was not workable for us, the money was taken and not refunded. Their contract in fine lines guarantees that so please read carefully all fine print.

Pros:

Point of Rental Software was presented to us as a Caddilac of rental software. It has many features and it seemed as it was capable of meeting and exceeding our needs.

Cons:

The promises made during the steps leading to signing the contract and then implementing the software for us were not. The communications with us were sparse and low quality, not prepared. The structure of the whole process was to get to scheduling the training at which point it was obvious that the software does NOT work for us but several thousands of dollars were paid but not refunded.

3 years ago

Hey Alina, I'm sorry to hear you felt that way! I was just notified of this review today, and anything I say will be utterly inadequate as a response by this point. I've been told you've already had conversations with members of our sales team, but I'm reaching out to you via email to try to figure out where everything seemed to go wrong from your perspective - we're updating our implementation processes and I want to ensure that we don't run into the same situation with anyone else. -Brian

Jyles
Customer Service Associate in US
Consumer Services, 10,000+ Employees

Simple to use, but requires learning, buggy and prone to crashing

Comments: Without the system, management of transactions and reservations would be difficult. Despite some notable quality dips, it is baseline functional.

Pros:

Fairly easy to use. Solid organization.

Cons:

Will frequently crash. Looking up maintenance can also bug out and show an empty log that will not go away until entire window is closed. UI and UX requires a lot of back and forth between pages to accomplish fairly simple tasks such as finding invoices/barcodes. Invoices are not in an obvious spot in between the log and notes. Learning curve is made higher due to back-and-forth menuing that is not obvious at first for newer users and employees. Prone to crashes during contract sign-up when taking too long. Photos don't show up at first in several menus (prepare item for send-out) and don't show until after item is sent out for received.

last year

Jyles, thanks for the feedback! Y'all are definitely an outlier as far as our typical users and I'm hoping you've let our support and/or development team know about the issues you're facing - we're very much committed to making the software work well for you - both throughout the entire company and for those at the rental counter. -Brian

Melissa
Office Manager in US
Machinery, 2–10 Employees

It Does What It Is Supposed To But Has Glitches

Comments: Overall the system is great but would love to have the connection issues stop.

Pros:

We previously used a server based POR Software and they began phasing out support for the product and talked us into moving to the Cloud Based Product. The new dashboard features are nice and we were already familiar with the basic functions of the program.

Cons:

The issues I have come across in the cloud based program are losing connection on occasion throughout the day. Exporting reports from the system into an excel or crystal file can be tricky. Customer Support set up a folder for me to seamlessly export reports to and I keep having to call back because the pathway to that folder will be lost.

last year

Hey Melissa, we're glad the software is (for the most part) working out great! I can totally understand the frustration of having connection issues with a cloud-based software, though. Can you email me with some more information about your situation (all I get from Capterra is a first name and last initial) and maybe we can figure something out to get things better connected? -Brian

Eric
Owner in US
Retail, Self Employed

Nice interface, poor customer support

Comments: I really want to like this application/software as is is easy to use and well though through, but there are many glaring issues that are driving me to look elsewhere.

Pros:

The interface is nice, clean, and easy to navigate. Once familiar the the software, set up was pretty easy and strait forward. Provided many features which our business needed including rental bundles.

Cons:

No easy way to quickly look at availability for the coming week. I found this frustrating when I had a customer on the phone and we wanted to get a snapshot of availability. Customer support is awful if you are not one of their Expert or Elite customers. I only have the Essentials package and the one person I actually got a hold of said she could not help me and to send an email. I had already set two before this call to no avail. The funny thing is I want to add features and possibly switch to a different/higher package. I am also not impressed with their website integration. I have my own wordpress site and all they offer is an iframe. This is not an integration, it is placing another website on a page in your website. They really need to work on providing better integration.

5 years ago

Hi Eric! Thanks for the (mostly) positive review. Item availability is most easily accessed via the item screen - you can see availability not just for the week, but for the entire month of each item you rent. Hopefully that helps! Essentials' customer service is comparable to that of other cloud-based rental softwares; part of what makes the software so affordable is that customer service is entirely web-based. That said, you should be receiving responses to emails within a day (depending on when you send the email; usually it'll take less time). If you'd like to switch packages, add features, or just check out a demo, our sales team is back from our annual conference and would be happy to work with you to figure out how to get us back on track. -Brian

mike
Rental Operations Manager in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

The in's and out's of POR

Comments: explained above.

Pros:

all of the available functions, it could be a all in one system

Cons:

There is no "return needs checked out" function for when rental equipment comes back. If you complete the contract, the equipment comes right back to available. What about a time delay after completing the contract (so you can get the customer finished up/handled), but then to get the equipment back to "available", it needs to be sent to a "returned needs checked" waiting screen. Then the mechanics or shop lead would close that out after it's been checked out, verifying it is actually ready to rent..

last year

Hey Mike! There's definitely a way to accomplish what you're trying to accomplish in our software. Can you email me (Capterra only gives me a first name and last initial) and I'll connect you with someone who can help you get it set up? -Brian

Karen
Manager in New Zealand
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Administration

Comments: Overall has been great. Great support and ease of use

Pros:

Entering hire contracts and off hiring, and the driver schedules

Cons:

When entering a new customer in the CRM I find that there is a lot of repetition. You add address and phone number of company and then contact person details which are the numbers and email you have already entered.

last year

Thanks for the review, Karen! We're glad you're enjoying the software. That Con does seem like a real inconvenience; We've put in a uInnovate suggestion to request a checkbox for "copy business info" in that screen with the ability to change fields after doing that (often that flexibility is needed for a different phone number or email). Hopefully, it'll be on the product roadmap soon. Thanks for your feedback and we look forward to continuing to work with you! -Brian

Sue
Accounts Manager in Canada
Retail, 11–50 Employees

POR good value

Comments: the software is great overall, the tech help has always been quick at getting back to us. POR has helped us greatly in looking after our inventory in retail and rental.

Pros:

for our rental inventory, it has saved us time and money. the billing cycle is fast and easy.

Cons:

nothing that comes to mind, everything has been good.

last year

Thanks for the review, Sue! We're glad you're having a great experience with us and we look forward to continuing to work with you in the future! -Brian

Bonnie
Store Manager in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Rental Review

Comments: About the same as other rental programs

Pros:

The ease of finding a rental item and renting it.

Cons:

Sometime confusing on which screen to find something

last year

Hey Bonnie! We're glad our software makes it easier for you to rent things. =D If you need help figuring out what screen you need to be in for particular actions, uLearn is a great resource and has hundreds of video tutorials and thousands of help articles to guide you through things. And if you have suggestions for what might make it better, let us know about them in uInnovate! We'd love to make the software even easier to use. =) -Brian

Julie
Office Manager/Event Coordinator in US

I've been using POR for about 2-3 years. I learn more functions weekly. Very happy with the product!

Pros:

Functionality is amazing. Learning weekly! We are definitely not using POR in all manners, so much to learn! Love the customer service and always willing to help us.

Cons:

I wish delivery costs were able to be calculated by entering zip codes and not regions. I'd like to be able and type in where the delivery begins and where it ends to calculate the cost, especially since we have 2-3 store locations.

7 years ago

Hi Julie! We're glad you're enjoying the software! I have good news for you as well: You are able to calculate delivery costs by entering zip codes and, in the 2017 version (which you have), you're even able to charge by the mile. If you have any questions how to do that, you can call our support staff and they'll help you out. We're glad to have you as part of the Point of Rental family!

PURCHASING ADMIN in US

Purchasing/Admin

Comments: fairley good customer service has gone way down hill since the pandemic

Pros:

ease of use intergrated with old software

Cons:

no way to back out of a contract page must delete or complete contract

last year

Hey John! We're glad you're finding the software easy to operate. You ought to be able to back out of contract pages fairly easily in all of our products - can you email me and let me know more about what you mean, specifically (and which software product you're using)? -Brian

Charlene
Controlller in US
Consumer Services, 11–50 Employees

Event & Party Rental

Comments: Overall our experience with POR has been a very pleasant and helpful one.

Pros:

POR is very user friendly, and the IT department if very helpful.

Cons:

POR and Web Pictures could be more easily shared.

last year

Charlene, we're glad you're enjoying Point of Rental and we'll let the IT team know you've appreciated their help (and I'll share the picture feedback to product). Thanks for the review! -Brian

Dustin
General Manager in US

Point of Rental has increased our workflow 10X.

Pros:

Our rental division Venue Services uses Point Of Rental Cloud version on a daily basis. The software keeps track of inventory, deliveries and pickups, and flow logistics. We like the inventory feature the best as it will notify us if we don't have any rentals items avail or enough of an item that specific day.

Cons:

Point of Rental Cloud version is still growing. We wish it had a better yearly and monthly calendar view to see more events instead of just weekly view.

7 years ago

Thanks, Dustin! We're glad you're enjoying Rental Essentials. With our next update, you should be able to see your reservations using Google Calendar (hopefully that helps!), and we're developing long-term calendars within the software in a way that would work for all of our customers. We're glad to have you with us and we look forward to helping Venue Services further as we continue to add features!

Amy
Director in UK
Construction, 51–200 Employees

We wouldn't be able to run our business without it!

Comments: As an expanding business, Point of Rental have been able to support us on our journey and implement processes which has streamlined our business, and made managing multiple depots easier.

Pros:

Everything, we love the fact that the software is constantly developing and that there is a collaborative approach with our company, nothing is too much trouble and all suggestions are taken on-board developed into the product quickly and efficiently!

Cons:

Nothing! All updates and feedback is taken on board so we can't fault!

5 years ago

Thanks, Amy, for the kind words. We're glad to have you and the team at Site Equip in the Point of Rental family - we love watching our customers' businesses expand!

Tina
Accounting Manager in US

Takes 3 times as long to do a transaction as necessary

Comments: None

Pros:

I like the credit hold feature under customer account, that's it! I'm only writing this part because I'm being told that my pro review is too short.

Cons:

Too many steps to do anything, constantly need to re-enter credentials every time you switch menus. Need to go to 3-4 different menus to complete just 1 task.

6 years ago

Hi Tina! We¿re sorry to hear that you¿re frustrated! Rental Expert, by default, is configured to require logins for each alteration in the system, which allows for more accurate tracking and logging of changes made. Computers (especially those at the counter) are often shared in rental stores, in our experience ¿ we want our customers to have accuracy in reporting without requiring users to log completely out of (and then back into) the system. For employees that have their own dedicated computers, there is an option that dramatically reduces the number of times you need to log in, however. We'll be reaching out to you today to show you how to do this. We look forward to working with you to resolve this issue.

Amber
Event Specialist in US
Events Services, 2–10 Employees

Alway Helpful and Fast

Pros:

I like that there is so much to it, I am still learning what all it can do for the business

Cons:

If we had a little more ability to correct things without customer support it would be easier than calling and waiting on the line, while customer support is always great it would be nice to just be able to fix it on our own within the software.

2 years ago

Thanks for the review, Amber! Hopefully some of the uLearn documentation and training videos that we added in mid-October will help y'all handle more of those data changes on your own. =)