Procare Desktop Reviews

by Procare Software

• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.7 /5

About Procare Desktop

Child care solution that can be customized to meet every need for business management, tuition collection & parent communication.

Learn more about Procare Desktop

Showing 1,241 reviews

Marlene R.
Administrator
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2019

"Great Software for Child Care Centers"

Comments: We love this program. It provides us with one place to quickly find out so much information. Log-in and see total enrollment, enrollment by classes or ages. Tracks child information without searching through files or looking in multiple places. Tracks employee attendance and any other info you might want to add like: Date of Hire, schedules, vacation time accrued or used, etc. Many things a pre-programed, but you can personalize it yourself or request assistance from a fantastic customer service person. This makes my job so much easier, especially with continual changes to State Day Care Licensing regulations. You do have to enter each child's information when they enroll, but once and it's done. Can update any information with only a few clicks and everyone that you assign a role can see everything.

Pros: Simplicity of use. Saves paperwork. Can be used to create reports. Easily see everyone who is still in the building (children and staff members). Records many different types of information (attendance, immunizations, medicals, state required paperwork, Food Program info for the USDA CACFP, tuition fees, and other misc info.) You can program it to add user specific information such as allergies, restricted pick-up, authorized individuals for pick-up, etc. We even have a door unit that stores fingerprints of authorized individuals for pick-up and then allows the door to unlock for entry.

Cons: W e have had to replace the door unit after someone cracked the screen and someone just chipped the fingerprint reader which may need replaced (it is still working). This is the result of individual user misuse though and not an actual flaw of the program or hardware. There is an annual update fee, but it is well worth the cost for the time and paperwork it saves.

• Reviewed on 23/07/2019
Angel G.
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2020

"GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE-NO WORRIES"

Comments: Over all Pro-Care service our needs and the customer service is outstanding. I worked with a customer representative [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], he was amazing and very detailed. He allowed me to ask questions and he didn't make me feel like my questions were small.

Pros: The Batch payments was one of the most helpful.

Cons: The pricing during the COVID-19 DIDN'T CHANGE.

by Procare Software on 04/12/2020

Hi Angel, thank you for the review. We appreciate you as a Procare customer! Let us know if there's anything we can assist you with!

• Reviewed on 24/11/2020
Connie M.
Director of Child Care
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2019

"Procare Review"

Comments: I really like that parents are able to log into myprocare.com and view their account balance, payment history, and make a payment without my assistance. It saves me time and energy and gets us the tuition payments quickly. Overall, I have had a very positive experience. Tech support is stellar!!

Pros: It is easy to use. When I have a question or an issue, customer support is very responsive and helpful both via the phone or online chat. I really like the online wait list module that allows prospective families to contact us. It allows the prospective family to enter their information and it is automatically integrated into the client database with a few easy steps, no re-entry necessary. I also really like the myprocare parent portal which allows parents to log into their account ledger, view and print statements, make payments and more. The payments made their are automatically posted to their ledger card and deposited into our account. It is slick and easy and saves me time! I also really like that I am the one that processes the ACH payments each month. This makes my relationship with my parents much easier versus our old system where a 3rd party processed them making error resolution sometimes a nightmare.
This system gives me the flexibility to change the amount to reflect more accurately the amount owed as well as stopping payments easily when a family unenrolls from the program..

Cons: Creating certain reports, like a waiting list by age, can be tricky and took me some time to get set up. In a previous iteration of this software, pre V10, there was a labeled report already created that you just set date parameters of "waiting list" enrollment and voila, a waiting list was created for you. I also wish you could add a stand alone field to the client profile that designates a funding source for each client. It would help for enrollment and budgeting purposes. The only other draw back is the cost of the financial transactions, but those are inline with the rest of the retail industry. Just hard on the non-profit budget to spend money on convenience for the parents.

• Reviewed on 14/08/2019
Tiara R.
Operations Manager

"Happy Procare User"

Comments: Overall, I am very pleased and satisfied with the Procare Software. Since having the system, not only have my team and I been able to save a lot of time that was usually spent on manual entry, but we were also able to offer a convenient feature to the parents. Parents no longer have to wait to get to the front desk or call over the phone to make payments. Payments can be made via the online portal and immediately post to the account. They can also view statements and receive their monthly invoices via e-mail every month. I do wish that there was an easy way to transport information from one product to the next but I do understand the difficulty. That initial task of setting up 200+ families was tedious but once that was done I can definitely say it was worth the task! I am happy we made the switch.

Pros: What I like most about the Procare software is the ease of use in regards to monthly billing. The option to set up contract billing every month is much easier and less time consuming than having to manually enter invoices as we once did. This features allows my staff and I to save time as well as ensure better accuracy as far as billing goes. Also, now we are allowed to have our customers pay via the online portal Procare offers as opposed to having to pay in person. This is a feature we didn't have prior to gaining the Procare software. Not only do we appreciate this convenience factor, but the customers we provide service for as well.

Cons: Although not a big deal- the thing I initially liked least about the Procare software was the difficulty in figuring out how to navigate through certain reports. Because there are so many options it was a bit intimidating to find out how to access the various reports offered. However, I can say that the information provided by the websites customer service and videos were helpful. I do wish that there was an easy way to transport information from one product to the next but I do understand the difficulty in allowing that option.

Tami H.
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2019

"Great Functionality at a Great Price"

Pros: Our ability to bill accurately, receive payment, and communicate well with our clientele increased when we began using Procare.

Cons: I wish there was a "remove" feature for old accounts.

• Reviewed on 21/07/2019
Courtney P.
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 Employees

"Waiting to jump ship"

Comments: I haven't found a software that can do it all. To switch we would be trading problems for problems. However if i were to do it over again we would not chose Procare. I would love it if they sent surveys to their customers to get advice on areas they are failing and areas that need to most work. When they come out with new features they often miss the mark and are sub par. I am waiting and watching for either Procare to catch up or another company to come along that has everything.

Pros: They have great customer service.
Their emails look nice.

Cons: There is no nice way to track your very long waiting list and there is no nice way to clearly see openings months in advance. The "feature" they have for these are worthless. I use a work around but it is time consuming and cumbersome.
The scheduling feature is way more time consuming then it needs to be.
Their text messaging feature is horrible, time consuming, cumbersome and unreliable.
It is not user friendly or intuitive. Stuck in the stone age for sure! Too many moving parts, you have to click this and check that and go through menu after menu just to end up with an error message because you still need to complete a series of commands or missed a check box. However, if you know what you doing there is a lot of functionality, it's just not easy.
It is necessary to use multiple different platforms as Procare is NOT enough to successfully operate a childcare center.

Angie B.
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2019

"Works ok for our purposes"

Comments: We have used Procare for many years. The thought of it is great but we find it lacking in MANY areas.
The thought of changing software is daunting which is the reason we have stuck with it.
We also feel that Tuition Express fees are very outrageous.

Pros: We like the data management aspect of Procare. We also like the thought of having everything in one place.

Cons: The software is time consuming and not extremely user friendly.
We are not able to do all of the things we would like to.
The software is not ideal from the accounting side. Our accounts prefers other financial software but does tolerate Procare. Balancing bank accounts is VERY time consuming and difficult.
The program is not user friendly for parents and does not have a great app.
I don’t feel it is all inclusive. Meaning we have to use multiple programs in addition to Procare to manage our school.
The Tuition Express processing fees are absolutely exorbitant and seem to increase frequently.

by Procare Software on 15/05/2019

Angie - Thank you for your candid feedback. We're glad you like the data management aspects of Procare. We'll have a team member contact you to consider strategies to make the best use of Tuition Express for your situation and ideas for how to minimize fees. We also have free training available to help you get the most from your system.

Linda M.
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2019

"KC Procare review"

Comments: I have enjoyed using Procare Software.
It simplifies check in/check out.
It saves me lots of time so I do not have to calculate charges and there are fewer errors.

Pros: Check in/check out is easy to do for each group.
It saves me lots of time so I do not have to calculate charges.
Parents can see what they owe every time they log in.
I can send statements easily.

Cons: The home screen on the Procare checkin does not tell you to touch the box to change from check in to check out and vice versa. Some check out persons who do not use Procare frequently forget this step.
We use the fingerprint option and for certain persons the reader sometimes works for those persons and sometimes does not.
I would like for families that have withdrawn to be in another font or indicated somehow on the accounts column.
I have not used the MyProcare portion of the program because in order to get all the information that is required by the State of Kentucky in printed form would require too many pages printed off per child so I have stuck with my condensed registration form.

• Reviewed on 09/07/2019
Jana D.

"ProCare Review"

Comments: Procare has been the best thing we have purchased in 20 years! Leaving the payments to the customer to do is the easiest thing ever! Billing with auto billing is so easy and simple.

Pros: The customer service is fantastic but you don't need a lot of it because it is so easy to maneuver around in the system.

Cons: Buying each section separately is always the least. I prefer to get it all in one and pay 1 time per year.

Nick F.
Director of Finance
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2019

"Solid Database, Needs some modern update"

Comments: I have used procare as our main database for around 6 years and overall it has done a good job meeting our needs. The up front costs for the modules can be a bit steep, but this is matched by more reasonable monthly hosting costs, making it cheaper overall than many competitors who bill per child. If I was starting from scratch I may chose a more modern software suite with more mobility, but having invested in procare I do not think there is any need to switch any time soon.

Pros: The database is easy to navigate and puts all the information we need in easy to find places. Billing is simple and very customizable. Payment processing is quick, easy, and reasonably priced. The reports are easy to run and they get me the information I need in a fairly concise way.

Cons: The software is 100% desktop only. There is no real mobile app and even the check in/out software requires a full copy of windows, I can't run it on android tablets. There is a web based app to review certain things but it is clumsy to access and the reports are limited. I am hoping they will release a proper fully functional IOS/android app to match their many competitors.

Kabba S.

"Procare review"

Pros: Is is nice that we can track the kids and our billing all in one.

Cons: Went entering info on children of the same family. you have the repeat the same information so many time, It is time consuming when you have families with 3 children you have to do the same entries several times.
The wait time to talk to costumer service is always too long.

Diana G.
Tuition Account Manager
Accounting, 51-200 Employees

"Pro Care Review"

Comments: Contacting parents has become easier, tracking payments, receiving payments, tracking attendance, tracking enrollment and registered kids all have become more streamlined and are functioning better.
We are still relatively new to ProCare and I'm sure we haven't figured out everything it can do just yet but we are slowly incorporating new things with the parents and staff. Overall we've been satisfied with ProCare and look forward to learning more about the software and its options and functionality in the future.

Pros: Ability of parents to make payments in many different ways. Parent access to own account online, print statements, change info, etc. Front Desk and Financial Office staff all have access to the same system, continuity of data is more accurate.

Cons: Some users have issues with complexity of the software. I do NOT like that we can not refund an ACH through the account, that we have to write a physical check. There are other limits on things that I notice while working but I've found a way around most of them and learn to function with the program as it is designed.

Amy K.
Owner/Director
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2019

"Child Care Owner Review"

Comments: The ease of payments is terrific! I run programs in 3 separate locations, having auto pay and online payments has made it much easier to collect tuition. I also like that my clients can view their accounts and print off their own receipts.

Pros: I like that my clients can pay online and that we can set up automatic payments. I also like the auto billing feature and the fact that I can see if anyone is behind on payment at a glance.

Cons: The accounting portion, my deposits never coincide with my bank statements. I had to pay my accountant $1000 to figure it out last year. I am having the same issue this year and can not figure out the discrepancy.

• Reviewed on 27/06/2019
Lawanda F.
Financial Specialist

"My Procare Experience"

Comments: The biggest thing for me is the ease of invoicing and processing payments.

Pros: I can invoice and process payments very easily.

Cons: Need to be able to process more specific detailed reports.
Cannot differentiate between a family that is no longer active and one on the waiting list. They are both hidden. I would like the option to put families that no longer attend the ELC in a different category.

by Procare Software on 05/08/2019

Lawanda - We're glad you find it easy to invoice and process payments. As to differentiating between inactive and waiting list families, you can use the enrollment status to mark children as withdrawn or on a wait list, and then filter families based on that. For example, you may choose to include only hidden accounts with children whose enrollment status is wait list. For more information on wait lists, see: http://procaresupport.com/how-do-i-make-a-waiting-list/

Shanna W.
  • Reviewed on 13/04/2021

"Procare Desktop for Procare App review"

Comments: We have enjoyed it! I no longer have to walk around the school to see who is left at the end of the day! The dashboard tells me which children and staff are still logged in.

Pros: We love the dashboard ("at a glance") as well as the filter options. Parent messaging is great now that it has been privatized.

Cons: The toggle feature of "staff only" when a staff member does an incident report. That should be automatic, not something they should have to remember to touch after each report. The admin should ALWAYS know when an accident or incident happens. My staff does ok to remember, but a lot of times they don't and then we have to dig for the report to print it.

• Reviewed on 13/04/2021
Bailey V.
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2020

"Procare in a nutshell"

Comments: Overall I think it has great ideas but it needs to be more user friendly or "dumb proof" having to double click on certain things to view billing or data took a while to train other people.

Pros: -you can generate tons of reports with data entered
-check in kiosk can make payments and check in and out.
-automated billing

Cons: -adding a child's schedule if its not 5 days is a lengthy process.
- always updating when moving kids to new classrooms
-features aren't user friendly.

by Procare Software on 21/07/2020

Hi Bailey - we're glad to hear you like the reports, check-in kiosk and automated billing. We will have one of our Training Specialists get in touch with you about moving children to new classrooms and setting up schedules, including how templates can be set for any number of days. Thank you so much for your feedback.

• Reviewed on 19/07/2020
Kathleen M.
Latchkey Director
  • Reviewed on 13/08/2019

"LOVE IT!"

Comments: We had an old director who we found out was taking the money and this program was purchased not long after I took over the director job to help prevent the altering of records and know what was owed and how and when fees were paid. It works wonderfully for that goal and it has been great to help keep accurate records.

Pros: I love that this program helps me to do my paperwork side much faster and the auditors love it when they come to check records.

Cons: I have noticed that some tasks are multiple steps and maybe don't need to be. It would be nice if there was a place to save the documents or process that you use the most to make them faster.

• Reviewed on 13/08/2019
Rhonda S.
Program Director
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2020

"Best software program we use!"

Comments: We have had an outstanding experience from the start. The sales person took the time to help me figure out how I could utilize the program in the best way for our situation (we are not a childcare facility so our utilization is unique). Technical support is always available and has resolved every problem we've encountered or questions we've had quickly. It's very evident that their staff has in depth knowledge not only about the

Pros: We mainly use the program for attendance tracking and collecting payments and they provide outstanding features for both functions. I also can't say enough about the support. If you have questions or run into a situation you're not sure how to handle they are quickly resolved by talking with a live person (my preference) or by e-mail. Their support staff is outstanding and patient (not that I've asked any dumb questions :)!

Cons: There are so many reports that it can be hard to find the exact one I want.

• Reviewed on 05/03/2020
Karen S.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2020

"childcare management"

Comments: The Tuition Express part. I bill on Monday and debit on Tuesday and money is in the account the next day. It has taken all the accounting away from me and frees me up. It is wonderful. Parents love it and they also can access their account.

Pros: I love that I can now debit weekly from all the parent's account. I do not have to worry about people paying, posting and doing deposits. The Tuition Express part of this software is great.

Cons: I really like our old software better. It was easy to access birthday reports and do permission slips. I just feel it is very complicated to access information. We actually are still imputing the child's name and birthday in our old software so we can get the reports we need. Wish we could get the data on Procare.

• Reviewed on 27/02/2020
Michelle G.
Administrative Assistant
  • Reviewed on 31/05/2019

"Great help website"

Comments: This allows me to easily track my students attendance and their tuition. It is easy to see where we are over or under staffed and create solutions to my staffing problems.

Pros: I love the amount of reports that can be generated with just a couple of clicks. There are actually so many of them that I sometimes can't find the one I need. However, that is not a problem because I just go to the Procare website and search for what I am looking for and the site has step by step directions and sometimes videos of where and how to get what I am looking for.

Cons: It is sometimes difficult to find the report I need. The names are not always intuitive. I also would like to be able to tweak the reports a little or export them to a format I could easily change. When I export to Excel the formatting sometimes is wonky.

• Reviewed on 31/05/2019
Nelson E.
OWNER
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2019

"Lack of response to needs"

Comments: I have been a Procare client since the days of Turbo whatever that was, migrated through all the upgrades with you guys, but now I am considering other management software options

Pros: Stable platform, extensive data collection

Cons: Depth of menus, takes too long to drill down through menus to find what is needed; Lack of response to some basic and simple report requests, like a 7 day aging report for agency accounts; rigidity of options under corporate accounts (inability to treat them as separate entiries for data storage, etc.)

by Procare Software on 09/09/2019

Nelson - We're pleased to say the 7-day aging report for agency accounts is now available in our latest release (link below) along with other new and enhanced reports. We continue to add features based on suggestions from our broad range of customers. As always, we appreciate your input and continued support. http://procaresupport.com/2019-2/

• Reviewed on 15/08/2019
Alyssa C.
  • Reviewed on 22/04/2019

"We've been using ProCare for decades!"

Comments: We could and would not run our center efficiently without ProCare. It is woven into all of our day to day operations, and truly makes our jobs easier. I cannot say enough great things about ProCare!

Pros: ProCare is the most comprehensive software in our industry. They allow us to keep track of attendance, billing, family information, and employee information. ProCare truly allows us to run our center efficiently, and safely. With the cloud based software we no longer have to keep everything on a hard drive, and we can work from anywhere!!

Cons: There is a learning curve to using this software. Because it IS so comprehensive; there are a lot of functions to learn. Each part of the program communicates with the other so there can be little nuances of data entry that you have to learn.

• Reviewed on 22/04/2019
Lori B.
Directo
  • Reviewed on 28/07/2018

"We love using Procare to allow us to organize and keep track of our student and parent data."

Pros: Procare customer service is top notch! They are friendly, professional and always help solve any issues we have. They are quick to respond and knowledgeable. We also benefit from the time saving record keeping.

Cons: Procare does not have a way to monitor or assist with our wait list. Adding a feature like this would help us keep our school full and allow us to be more helpful to parents wishing to enroll their children in our school.

by Procare Software on 06/08/2018

Lori - Thank you for sharing how Procare helps you organize and track student and parent information. You may also find the online registration feature of MyProcare helpful in managing your wait list. You can choose to import children as enrolled or put them on your wait list. You¿ll be pleased to know those features are already included with your Procare Cloud account. We'd be happy to talk with you about how to set it up for your situation.

• Reviewed on 28/07/2018
Catherine K.

"Software Management System"

Comments: Overall we have been satisfied and are glad we made the switch several years ago.

Pros: Procare is pretty user-friendly we have been able to figure out most things by just using the software. If we do have trouble with something or need to know how something works we use the training resources available. If we can't find a resource or need additional help the customer support has been great!

Cons: I would say what I would like to see the most improvement would be the number of report templates available or the ability to manipulate the data more to make custom reports. Also, it would be nice to have a more interactive experience with the check-in kiosk for families.

Mike R.
Latchkey Team Leader
Education Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/08/2019

"Great Program and Very Flexible"

Comments: Overall, very satisfied with ProCare. The software is very stable and it has never "frozen" on us. We do our billing on a DAILY basis because we only charge for the days the child(ren) attend. (We are a school district based program). The program is very flexible with the different modules we purchased.

Pros: Ability to store a plethora of information and recall it at a moments notice. Very easy to navigate. Good selection of customization for reports.

Cons: It does take a lot of mouse clicks to enroll a new student. Instead of going back to the child's account It would be nice to be able to change dates in the deposit reports if a mistake was accidentally made.

• Reviewed on 02/08/2019