• Overall

About ChefTec

Ideal for foodservice operations, it is a cloud-based tool that helps businesses manage costs, track inventory, monitor sales & more.

Learn more about ChefTec

Product Rating

Product Rating

Countries

Countries

Usage

Sort by

Have you used ChefTec before?

Managing Director in Sri Lanka
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees

‘Say No to food wastage and Yes torevenue’

5 3 years ago

Comments: Would recommend as a product worth investing.

Pros:

It’s a fairly all-round software for the foodservice industry with many important features such as inventory control, purchasing & Ordering, requisition and transfers, sales analysis and menu engineering, recipe and menu costing, nutritional analysis. An interface for QB complements with Cortec for accounting perfection. The ‘Cortec ultima’ is bundled with following modules- alerts & reminders, event management, HACCP information, Lot tracking, Production management and Waste tracking but Cortec Premium users need to purchase the above modules separately. All these features facilitate for proper inventory control, cost controlling, waste management, hygiene management etc. and achieve budgeted profits.

Cons:

Considering the initial cost, this is suitable for average capacity and over establishments and depending on the revenue it is worth the investment.

Culinary Software Services Response

3 years ago

Thank you for the review. We strive to provide more of what food industries need with variable products to fix the establishment size. With on-premise and Cloud options, we try to cater to every business model.

Director of Food Safety in US

Used for my food service business

4 4 years ago

Pros:

One of the best features I've found great use of is the nutritional analysis which is very accurate and thorough, not many similar products have had such capabilities. It can also calculate and manage recipes easily and control inventory, all with its neat interface.

Cons:

The only worry I have is not about the features but the price, it is not very budget-friendly and did bite rather a big load of our technical budget so I can't say it would be the best choice for starting companies. Also, they don't have a mobile version which is somewhat of a downer as I manage most of my tasks through the tablet.

Culinary Software Services Response

3 years ago

Thank you for you time to give us feedback. We also believe a mobile option is important and is something we have been working on. It is wonderful to hear our product is working for you. Thank you for entrusting us with your company.