• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.7 /5

About Volley

Fast track design review with quick, visual feedback that gets everyone on the same page.

Learn more about Volley

Ben A.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"The best collaborative software for webdesigners I have seen!"

Comments: Volley takes my WordPress website design business and maintenance services to a whole new level of professionality.

Pros: Volley makes it extremely easy to take a screenshot of something on the internet and leave a comment for discussion. It can be an issue on a site I'm developing for a customer, an issue after website updates for my care plan customers or something a customer likes on another site that they would like implemented on theirs. And the best thing is that Volley is just getting better and better with more features. The authors are super easy to reach out to and the public roadmap is really worked on and you can leave suggestions there.

Cons: It can be a little bit difficult for users to start using the first time and also everything is in English and not translated to Swedish.

Edison P.
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2021

"Excellent product for customer corrections"

Comments: my way of working with this application is that I create a project for each website of my clients. and I add my clients as collaborators of only that project. Therefore, from the chrome extension, only the project that was given permission appears. This is an incredibly fast and efficient way for my clients to request changes to their websites.

Pros: I like that it has just enough for my clients to send their website comments and corrections, and that someone on my team can review it. it is simple, with private spaces and does not need a learning curve.

Cons: Before, the con was that they did not have notifications when users made notes, therefore I did not know if news from my users had arrived. This was corrected a few months ago, so he no longer has points against. they fixed their faults quickly.

Thanks for your review Edison,

We're so happy you are enjoying Volley. We feel our screenshot UX is a key diferentator for us and it's fantastic to hear that it's also a plus for you.

Animation, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2021

"Our project management becomes way too easier when we started using Volley."

Comments: We used volley for our developer team and it works like a charm for them when it comes to deal with the feedbacks of clients, previously the software manager use to be the bridge of communication between developer team and clients now volley is doing it amazing, it also helped us to collaborate on the project and making screenshots and resolving issues, it was a good experience using volley.

Pros: One of the best advantages of using volley is that now clients can provide their feedback while our developer team is working on a project, Now clients can see their website and write what changes they need into particular section and provide their feedback, which is best for the project completion and also it helps us to further wasting time while making changes after the work is done.
volley can be integrated to trello which makes us best for our team to work. we can also collaborate using volley.

Cons: There is no cons of using volley for me as based on my experience this programs is easy and comes with lots of features but we will expect more if they provide. overall not faced any issue while using volley.

by Volley on 16/02/2021

We're so happy to hear that Volley has saved you time and that it has been working well for you and your team.

We are indeed planning to launch some exciting new features in the coming months! Here's a link to our product roadmap where you can see what's coming, vote on ideas and even suggest anything you'd like us to build. I read each submission personally :)

Piotr S.
Founding Partner
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"Great tool for managing website development"

Comments: Great tool if you build webpages, funnels or landing pages for your online campaigns.

Pros: Everything related to changes to the website in one place. You can gather not only website amendments but also inspirations as it's possible to take screenshots with remarks from other webpages.

Cons: There are some times performance issues especially when you try to draw something on the webpage. It's a little bit too complicated to get remarks on mobile webpages - you have to enter developer mode in Chrome and change the view to mobile - the screenshots are bit large then. Volley could make it bit easier but they are developing the product systematically so I hope it will be possible soon.

Thanks for th ereview Piotr,

We're glad to hear Volley is working for your current feedback process and inspiration curation.

Great point about mobile. We are currently looking into a few ways this can be improved such as a "mobile" and "tablet" view that's accessable right in the extension!

Kagan O.
CHRO
Human Resources, Self Employed

"Best Product"

Comments: Best, easy ans useful

Pros: I have used it and this perfect. Maybe again you can sell it from appsumo:)
My friends wants to buy it.

Cons: Nothing. But you can make it a little bit cheaper:)

Manolis P.
Head of Business Design
Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"A trustworthy tool, a timesaver"

Comments: Very satisfied so far

Pros: Easy too use with more than enough features to get effortless feedback on designs. It’s has helped us speed up our client sign off processes.

Cons: We would like to have a safari add on to be able to use it

Max M.
Web Developer
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2021

"Haven't used it a ton, but really enjoy using it when I do"

Comments: Overall, Volley has been great. Like I said we've had limited experience using it, but those few times we've used it have been excellent. I'd definitely recommend it on forums or social media I post on if I ever see anyone needing this sort of service.

Pros: I like the commenting feature where it takes screenshots of the pages and my boss can leave me feedback / comments / changes that need to be made when we are building out websites. That way he can show me directly on the page what needs to be changed, and once it's done I just mark it complete. It helps us stay organized and makes sure I complete the tasks that need to be done.

Cons: We've only used Volley on 4-5 website builds so far, but in that limited experience with it, I personally haven't found any cons about it. Everything works well for the needs we use it for!

Thanks for the review Max,

Sounds like your team is using Volley to do exactly what we created it for! If you ever have any questions or needs, feel free to reach out to me directly at [email protected] anytime day or night.

Fifa T.
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"This is such a fantastic tool I'd highly recommend for all web designers!"

Comments: Volley has helped me eliminate a lot of the back-and-forth between my clients and facilitates the process of revisions and feedback needed to make the project a success. I'm just so happy that a tool like this exists!

Pros: I absolutely LOVE that there is a tool like this to help facilitate the feedback process with all of my client's designs. It's super easy to teach my clients how to use it and seamlessly integrates into my business process. I really love that it creates a sort of a to-do list of different revision requests that my clients want me to make.

Cons: If there was a feature to zoom in on images, that would be very helpful.

Timur B.
founder
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"Easy-to-use tool to comment on your webpages"

Comments: The [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is very responsive and is always there to help in case you have any questions.

Pros: No learning curve. Just install a Chrome extension and comment on any webpage. You can easily create a project right from the Chrome extension or add to the existing one. Then, your teammates can join in and you can continue the conversation in the Volley App. Very easy to use and get an instant feedback on any element of your webpage.

Cons: It's really designed for webpages only. If you need to collaborate on images, you need to upload them to GD or other online doc first to get a URL.

Jacob W.
Principal

"It's hard to use"

Comments: Okay but since we pay for Adobe, XD seems to work better for our workflow. We already pay for adobe and this fits.

Pros: That it seemed like a good collaboration tool that we could use to review mockups from our back office team.

Cons: It wasn't easy to share. The back office had issues. The 3 users seem to be confusing or not connecting.

Marija Š.
Customer Success Manager

"Simple, easy, intuitive"

Comments: This is a great tool that can save your team a LOT of precious time and energy.

Pros: It's intuitive and simple, my favorite feature is the fact that notes can be exported to Jira

Cons: Can't think of any cons, I'm waiting for new features and integrations.

Katelyn T.
Graphic Designer
Graphic Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2021

"Easy to use with clients"

Pros: I am a very visual person, so having a client be able to pinpoint exactly where they want a change to a web design is very helpful.

Cons: None that i have found so far! But I am not the user that implemented this product.

Zerline H.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"Worked for me for seamless project management/editing"

Comments: Helpful and made website editing process seamless

Pros: Easy to comment, work live and for quick turnaround

Cons: Challenging to set up as extension at first as an amateur setting up apps, Chrome extensions

Steven J.
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2021

"Great software made easy"

Pros: The thing I like most about volley is that you can work directly on the website. You don't need to download a third-party app, then someone put your website into that. It's as simple as installing the extension, then you're good to go.

Cons: Nothing so far. It's a great product and I haven't found anything that could be improved at this point.

Thanks for your review Steven,
We designed Volley to be quick and easy to get rolling and we're so glad this is ringing true for you.

Have a wonderful day!

Travis P.
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"So easy and so much more efficient!"

Comments: So we made the decision to try Volley after struggling with an inefficient workflow for review and critique, as well as client design requests. We implemented this tool into our workflow and it has made life so much easier. We now use it for every project!

Pros: This has made our workflow for design review and client change requests a breeze! We are no longer bogged down by emails that are wordy and yet still do not paint the proper picture of a change. This allows a very precise way for the client or reviewer to take a snapshot of the area and mark it up with feedback.

Cons: The only thing I think that may be an issue for certain clients is the chrome requirement, but otherwise I love it.

Lucia U.
Creative Director
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2021

"Game changing during COVID"

Pros: I love using Volley as a collaboration tool with front-end engineers and UI/UX developers at my organization. Our product is very robust and enterprise, and Volley allows me to identify areas in our platform that need fixing, and screenshots the browser window letting my developers know exactly where they can find the issue. It creates a great backlog of design items they can get to when they have time. It's also very beneficial when we're working on building a feature, as a way to capture design QA.

Cons: My only complaint is that I feel like I have to continually sign in because it keeps logging me out.

by Volley on 17/02/2021

We're so appriciative of your review Lucia

Im overjoyed to hear that Volley has been helpful for you during this time where remote work is the norm.

Sounds like you are using Voley in every single way in which it was designed to be use. You are a star player :)

Have a wonderful day.

Chirag P.
Online Media, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2021

"Effortless interaction with Team"

Comments: Volley is great tool and it is saving our precious time in conveying the design / development feedback to development team.

Pros: the integration part is the best. I can send each note to Trello where my designer / developer can view the notes and work accordingly.

Cons: All notes should be exported in form of PDF.

Thanks for the review Chirag,

We're so happy you are enjoying the integrations feature. I agree, PDF would be extreamly nice. We plan to look into this.

Luke D.
HR
Construction, 51-200 Employees

"Easy to use"

Comments: The best thing i have ever worked with.

Pros: How easy it is to work with and specially being the 1st time ever using the product went smoothly.

Cons: Nothing it was terrific. There is no cons it's just terrific and easy to use.

by Volley on 15/02/2021

Thank you so much for your review, Luke. We're so happy that getting started with Volley was easy for you. We've worked hard to make the onboarding as seamless as possible.

Paul C.
Lead Product Designer
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2021

"Easy to use and get participation from others"

Comments: Reduction with the time it takes to review interfaces, allows us to action issues faster too.

Pros: Simple, it doesn't try to do too many things. The free tier is great to try it out. I found it better value than other similar tools if you just need the basics.

Cons: The ability to upload additional screenshots to a message thread to visually show changes or related changes.

by Volley on 16/02/2021

Hi Paul, thanks so much for the review. We're excitid that Volley is fitting the bill for Silverstripe.

In regards to your note about adding attachments to a thread, we actually do support this! You can even paste in attachments from design tools like SKETCH and Adobe XD.

Here's a quick video I made for you explaining:

Mathias H.
CTO
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees

"A huge timesaver"

Comments: I am a huge fan of this tool - and so are my developers. Compared to our old workflow, where I was manually adding my notes on screenshots in Photoshop, before uploading them as comments in Jira, Volley let me create feedback of the same quality in a matter of seconds.

Pros: I like the fact that Volley is extremely easy to use and save me a ton of time when giving feedback to our frontend developers.

Cons: The extension requires you to re-login quite often, which is a bit cumbersome since my password manager doesn't work with the Chrome extension.

Laura P.
Sr. Marketing Strategist

"Timesaver"

Comments: Using Volley significantly reduces the amount of time and confusion when communicating changes from my clients to the development team!

Pros: The ability to make comments on the functional website is beyond amazing and such a timesaver in relaying changes from my client to the development team. The new feature of allowing screenshots to be pasted into the comment is very nice because I can screenshot how I am seeing it on my end due to differences in screen size/resolution and paste it with the comment.

Cons: Sometimes when there is a pop out menu / overlay when you go to make a comment it closes the pop out and I am unable to make a comment on it so I have to make a comment on the button to pop out.

Thanks for the review Laura,
We're happy Volley is saving you time. Great catch re the popups, we'll look into this right away.

Mike A.
Freelancer
Design, Self Employed

"Game Changer"

Pros: This has made it so much easier to keep projects streamlined and on time. It has been a game changer when it comes to keeping everyone on the same page. Don't know how I managed without it and now use it on all projects.

Cons: A bit tricky getting clients to install the browser plugin and would be better if they did not have to setup their own account (which is free) My understanding is that these changes are on their way :-)

Jacob W.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Industrial Automation, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2021

"Volley is a great way to visually communicate with a team."

Comments: This application allows our team to communicate about website changes without the need for an in-person meeting. It also eliminates the need for multiple screen-shot images which can be cumbersome when attempting to comment on multiple elements of our website.

Pros: I like the built-in arrows and drawing tools. Using Volley's drag and drop arrows is much more precise than drawing a scribbly arrow on a screenshot in MS Paint.

Cons: Getting started took me a few minutes to figure out, but after watching the video I was able to get going.

Thanks for th ereview Jacob,

We're happy to hear thet you are enjoying the draw tools. Sometimes a comment just wont cut it :)

Campbell K.
content creator
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees

"Does a good job"

Comments: easy to use

Pros: Very easy to use and intuitive for design.

Cons: not much. I liked most of the features..

by Volley on 17/02/2021

Thanks for the kind words about Volley Campbell!

Cory C.
Marketing Director
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2021

"Has Potential But Not Good for Big Projects"

Pros: Easy to use, anyone can hop on and start assigning tickets

Cons: Lacks any type of organization features. When you have projects with more than 20 tickets, there is no way to sort items such as priority, pending, ready for review. Becomes hard to manage large volumes of tickets