15 years helping Singaporean businesses

El Dorado Utility Billing Reviews

About El Dorado Utility Billing

Switch to our modern billing solution with world class support. Unique offer includes meter reading app, billing & customer web portal.

Learn more about El Dorado Utility Billing

Pros:

Cons:

Can't easily reprint copy of last billing. Randomly kicked out of program for no reason.

El Dorado Utility Billing ratings

4.2
4.5
4.1
4.3

8.2/10

El Dorado Utility Billing has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 80 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used El Dorado Utility Billing before?

James
James
General Manager in US
Utilities, 2–10 Employees

Try it, You'll never look back!

Comments: Our relationship with El Dorado has been a true friendship. Not just a vendor customer relationship. We honestly feel like they are part of our team, working towards our goals. They just feel like family.

Pros:

The ease of which it integrates our daily workflow. From billing customers to receiving payments of all kinds. We recently started our AMR program with Itron. El Dorado stepped up and had us running in minutes. The technical support during the transition was above reproach.

Cons:

As a user for over 10 years now, we really don't miss much. Anytime we have found something we think we might like, one call and it's usually implemented very shortly. It's almost like having your own IT department!

4 years ago

Thanks for the 10 out of 10 review Jim its been great serving you !

President in US

Water utility software

Comments: A few learning curves, support assisted with walkthrough and troubleshooting set up. Very professional from sales to install and building accounts.

Pros:

Very excellent customer service and sales. The software has learning curves, as with all software. Has all modern features, billing, water meter recording, link with tablet nice feature.

Cons:

Tablet app should have an auto-transfer feature vs transferring the file.

4 years ago

Hi Michael - Thanks for your feedback. We are expanding the feature / functionality of our EasyReader mobile add and will be enhancing it to add a auto file transfer function, picture taking, GPS mapping and driving directions to the service address. Our sales team will reach out to review it with you.

Sara
Finance Mgr in US

Poor software developers

Comments: I would say as soon as we can we are leaving the software. They are cost-effective vs. the competition - but you get what you pay for and their programming team is lacking. There also fees every time you turn around for things that should be pretty standard.

Pros:

The system, at its most basic, is simple for users. However, when an admin asks for updates they are in over their head. They make a lot of assumptions that create problems. Actually, the best part of this software is the payment processing partner - Invoice Cloud is great.

Cons:

Be very clear about your database assumptions. Again they will make recommendations that could cause downstream problems. Also, you want to make certain the features are functional. We bought based on features that have not yet been released and they have no date for release. Their reporting is limited. They represent it is really user-friendly - you will find if you know data it is highly restrictive. Also their cloud-based solution is not cloud-based it downloads information to hard drives and restricts features for more than one users - again an example of poor development.

3 years ago

Sara, we always appreciate customer feedback and as long as your a customer we will support you. We know making a move to a new billing system is complex and there could be a learning curve but as you state the application is very easy to use. We are always willing to spend more time with you on training and helping you get your arms around automating your meter reading and billing procedures. Rest assured there is no data no your hard drive it's all stored in a secure cloud server. We are also glad to hear you feel our integration with the Invoice Cloud portal is great, our developers working hand and hand with the Invoice Cloud team to offer a unique and easy to use solution. We are always here to assist and make your 100% happy.

Mary Lou
City Secretary in US
Government Administration, Self Employed

El Dorado could be my new best friend!

Comments: My experience has been great. I have worked with at least 4 different database pieces during my work experience and this one is my favorite.

Pros:

This software is very easy to learn and I quickly found it has been designed well.

Cons:

I had a little difficulty choosing the invoice format to match what my customers are used to seeing.

2 years ago

Mary Lou, Thank you for your feed back, customer input is valuable to us. Our team really enjoys working with you as well and glad to hear we are making a difference in simplifying your billing.

Fran
VILLAGE CLERK/COLLECTOR in US
Government Administration, 11–50 Employees

Utility Billing Software that is easy to use at a very reasonable price

Comments: One of the features of this newer version, allows us to print a bill for people that have a credit balance. That was not possible before, and we have several customers who now pay a large amount on their account once or twice a year, and they can receive a bill each month showing how much of the credit was used and how much they have left. The customers love it! There are other features they have added which make this software a real bargain! Our experience has been awesome.

Pros:

What initially attracted me to the software in 2007 was the price. We are a very small Village and could not afford software costing thousands of dollars. Once the features were explained and how to use them, the learning curve was very easy to accomplish.

Cons:

I feel that the Help Manual for the software could use a LOT of work. I had to figure out myself how to use the newest version before I could show my co-worker how to use it. I typed out instructions for her, including each specific step, until she was able to master using it without my instructions in hand.

2 years ago

Thank you, Fran for the review. Our goal is to provide an easy-to-use software application that is affordable for small to mid-size utility billers. We seem to have hit the mark with your needs. Also, regarding the help manual we are constantly updating it and have added many new use documents with pictures included to make it more functional. We are even doing video recordings, so all aspects of the system are documented. Please let us know how we can help.

Gwen
Secretary in US

Secretary

Comments: Now that I am familiar with the system I can run the program well. However, as an administrator, if anything were to happen we would have to pay to get a new person trained. There are other billing systems out there that do not require constant upgrades to keep the system at peek performance. I have to pay for that privilege and pay for upgrades as well as support.

Pros:

The options, however If I want to use them I have to upgrade after paying thousands to begin with.

Cons:

That I have to pay an annual fee for help. That I had no training when I first began, I have to pay extra for some of the features that were believed to be included.

5 years ago

Gwen we appreciate your feedback and comments. I am sure you can understand the world of technology is constantly evolving and we do everything possible to keep our software up to date with the latest security patches and feature updates. We try everything we can do to keep our cost low and competitive. Unfortunately, we have to pass on the costs for our support staff, product enhancements and security updates to our customers. The benefit is you have a system that is supported with a first class team of professionals, you have a reliable, easy to use and fully functional billing system. We will certainly be glad to train you and your staff on the operation of the software so you can rest assure we are here to help. I will have someone from our customer service team reach out to you.

Susan
Manager in US
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

Streamlined Utility Billing

Comments: From 1st contact with Peggy to the customer service help I get from [SENSITIVE CONTENT] I couldn't be happier. Everyone I dealt with at the company has been efficient, timely and very helpful.

Pros:

We were reading the meters, recording by hand in a notebook, calculating different tiers and charges by hand each month for 162 homes. The process took 2.5 days. With El Dorado Utility Billing we now accomplish the process in less than one day. From reading the meters, entering into a hand-held device, transferring from device to computer, billing and creating invoices. Used to dread the electric billing cycle, now it is just another day.

Cons:

There really isn't anything I don't like about the software or the company. They took the time to customize the software to fit our situation and have always been quick to respond when I needed assistance.

2 years ago

Thank you, Susan, it's been a pleasure to work with you and take you through the journey of moving to a new billing platform a new streamlined process. As always if we can be of any help please reach out.

Akenya
VP of Administration & Accounts in US

My experience with the software has been good; however I would love to see some improvements.

Pros:

The system pretty much does what we need it to do , but would like to see some new enhancements. The software is ok.

Cons:

1) Currently changes that are made to a profile is not logged; I would like a log of some kind that would tell me who made a change to a particular field in the system for a particular customer profile. 2) I would love to see misc. adjustment post that can be issued to specific lines items; currently for example let's say I want to give a customer a credit to water or Sewer which is in fields A or B the system won't allow; credit that customers can actually see. 3) We would love for customers to see both Full statements along with shut/past due notices on invoice cloud or mirror the statement in IC format with info and lines on El Dorado statements. 4) Or at least add the notes that we add to the statement; We would like it to mirror the fields that appear on the paper statement. If these changes are not coming soon; I would like to get pricing on implementing them or if they are implemented and we are not aware; if someone could let me know.

General Manager in US

Go for the full gammit

Comments: Human error is the #1 problem in utility billing. Whether it be from the meter reader or the data entry person mistakes happen; By utilizing Easy Reader and allowing it to interface with v10 those errors are almost completely gone.

Pros:

The reporting of v10 is so much better than v9. The ability to communicate with add on software is great. Having a portal where employees can make payments online is a great way to adjust to the COVID curve. By utilizing the portal, I am able to save $500 monthly in credit card fees as the customer now pays the convenience fee.

Cons:

I would like to scroll through account manager.

4 years ago

John thank you for your review and kind comments. Every customer is important to us and we appreciate your business. We are pleased your utilizing all the features of El Dorado and our Intuity customer portal. We will keep innovating and improving so we can stayahead of the technology changes.

Carol
City Clerk / Treasurer in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Marland City Clerk/Treasurer

Comments: See the above comments I made I think that pretty well sums it all up. Overall it's a good system!

Pros:

Payroll I use every 2 weeks and its very user friendly I've never had any trouble entering the data with the ease of the time frame needed and accuracy.

Cons:

The manual ugh! To me its very hard to understand. It leaves out the important steps that have to be taken to complete the task. It's vague to the details that your supposed to understand. I had 1 month of training on El Dorado before being left to do all the duties involved in my daily job. I found it easier to make my own manual with the steps I took to complete the task. I'm still making some revisions to my notes so that when and if I'm not elected to this position in April of this year, the person coming in will at least have my manual to follow so it should be easier for them from the start.

4 years ago

Hello Carol - We appreciate the high ranking on the ease of use of the software and the customer support. We can certainty help you with a customized workflow guide to help with your billing . We do try to keep the manual up to date and there is so many features and topics to cover so sometimes it's a bit overwhelming. We are always here to help so if you ever get stuck please give us a call.

Pete
Customer Service in US

Customer Service Rep.

Pros:

Easy to use read and understand and most importantly 100% accuracy.

Lou
Town Clerk/Treasurer in US
Government Administration, 2–10 Employees

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times."

Pros:

Collecting all the information and being able to report back monthly for billing for our small town. Very impressed that if the internet is down, this software keeps going. Appreciate the time that the I.T. person takes to assist (used him a lot in the early days, but not as much now).

Cons:

Printing receipts is impossible. The system shuts down, but able to get back on-line very easily.

4 years ago

Hello Lou, Thank you for the great feedback and glad the El Dorado application is working well for you. We recently found a problem with the Microsoft web printing interface for receipts and have a quick fix. Our support team will be reaching out to you to make this update.

Elizabeth
District Clerk Secretary in US
Utilities, Self Employed

Customer Review

Comments: Overall my experience with El Dorado has been positive. Exceptional Customer support is greatly appreciated!

Pros:

The features that are most impactful are the billing components and how they integrate with our Meter software. Accurate information is now provided to our Customers and no more manual calculation of water usage is necessary. The cost factor for our small Water District was compelling. Customer service is outstanding, professional and responses are timely.

Cons:

EDS does not integrate well with a Mac platform, so it requires a PC to use it. It is not a cloud-based platform so installation of the software must be onto a dedicated computer. Statement templates are not easily editable without contacting support.

2 years ago

Thank you for your positive feedback Elizabeth. As you mention El Dorado is a highly reliable billing system, the support staff is committed to our customers success. As for supporting the Mac we are releasing a browser based version that will support Mac in the next 60 days.

Jason
Village Clerk in US

Village of South Range

Comments: We wish it had 3 charges we could have usage multipliers on, there are only 2. We are currently running Version 9.3.12 are there any updates that could be installed? I believe it has been almost a year since any updates which is very possible. Any progress in getting this software to import/export to Pontem Fund Accounting Software? Would it be possible to have reports print service addresses for customers on more reports?

7 years ago

Jason thanks for the review - Yes, we do have a newer version and are releasing a new version that has more features to integrate with Fund accounting. Someone from our support team will contact you.

Caroline
Administrative Secretary in US
Utilities, 2–10 Employees

The utility billing software is uncomplicated and fairly easy to teach to other users.

Comments: I am not sure of any specific benefits I receive using this software but I find it user friendly.

Pros:

The software is easy to use and customer support is on the West coast, which is helpful for our needs.

Cons:

Latest upgrade made current meter read confusing ad after making customer support aware of this issue, no resolution has been given.

Lindsey
City Clerk in US

Easy to Use

Pros:

This product is easy to use, very user friendly

Cons:

There really isn't anything negative I can say. This is the only billing software we have ever used.

4 years ago

Thanks Lindsey - we appreciate your business and years of support. The team is always here when you need us.

Diana
Administration in US

used it for several years. it works well for our water district. They are always making improvement

Pros:

The reports are great and customized if needed. They can be exported into Excel. Just about anything my board wants to know I can usually deliver.

Cons:

Having to switch to different screens so much. But that may be my problem. I'm not very patient!

Melany
Admin manager in US
Utilities, 2–10 Employees

Easy software and efficient for your business

Pros:

The software is easy to use and extremely accurate. They also have a team to help you should you have a problem.

Cons:

Up until recently I thought some steps could be eliminated and updated. I asked my rep and there is a new update for the program we will be getting and it looks awesome

4 years ago

Thanks Melany we appreciate your business the team always enjoys working with you.

Debra
Secretary/Treasurer in US
Utilities, 51–200 Employees

Review from Franklin Township Municipal Authority

Comments: Over the phone tech support was wonderful. Operator entered our program and I watched while they adjusted items that needed adjusted. Software worked perfectly after adjustments were made.

Pros:

Easy to use

Cons:

Nothing

8 years ago

Debra, Thank you for the excellent feedback on our customer support we appreciate your business.

Jean
Administrative Assistant in US

Outstanding Customer Service

Comments: I have always been very have with the quick and very helpful Customer Service. Highly recommended company.

Pros:

Easy to use

Cons:

None

7 years ago

Jean - Thanks for your support and great review, our #1 priority is customer service. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Matt
Utility Billing Manager in US
Utilities, 2–10 Employees

El Dorado Utility Billing Software Rocks!

Comments: The software is so easy to use and the team is super nice - always there to help you if you need it.

Pros:

It is very inexpensive, easy to use and the customer service is superior.

Cons:

The just launched a new portal - this will be a great addition for our customers.

3 years ago

Matt - Thank you for the great feedback, our developers have been hard a work adding new online capabilities and glad to hear the portal is going to help your customers.

Debbie
Bookkeeper in US
Utilities, 2–10 Employees

Have been using the software for a number of years & am extremely satisfied with it

Comments: Helps me get my job done quickly and it's easy to refer to when customers have questions.

Pros:

The support is fantastic. They're very responsive and helpful with solving my problem quickly. I haven't had to contact them lately because the program was so easy to learn and the problems are rare. The last time I contacted them was for an update - which was great!

Operator in
Used the Software for: Not provided

SUgar Grove, VA

Comments: For the price it's close to fair. Still room for improvement. WHen designing a program get the utilities involved.

Pros:

FAst.Alot of options for customer classification. A good glossary. I like the customer search feature. Rate table calculator.

Cons:

I miss the build your own report that the old version had. There is alot of options that most small utilities will never use. If the program could be bought like a shopping cart and add the options you want and have a price on each feature.. now that would awesome. The HP hand held could have a little better support. Program needs a "no charge" option for accounts that are not billed.

13 years ago

David - thanks for your response. Our new version El Dorado 7 does include a report builder and many more features and options for utility billers. We offer system support and training to ensure our customers are able to make the most of their software investment.

Pamela
administrative assistant in US

Hello

Comments: When I have had to call for help, I have received fast and beneficial help. Inputting the billing information is pretty straight forward, but having to make alterations from the typical routine bill is difficult to maneuver.

Pros:

The cost has been beneficial for our small village government institution.

Cons:

There seems to be a lot of capabilities of the software which I do not know how to use and can't seem to find an explanation of use. Creating reports is difficult to use. I wish there was a straight-forward.....easy to read direction manual.

5 years ago

Thank you Pamela we always appreciate the feedback and are always available to help answer any questions you have.

Jim
Genereal Manager in US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Just a little over a month of use, could not be happier

Comments: Pros, You can get to almost everything from one screen, extremely easy to use, post bills at once, reports are vast, can get specialized reports. We were using the CORE software since about a1997. Wa vast improvement. The only thing I am waiting for is the ability to merge the software with our bookkeeping program to cut down on work. I like the easy in the program to track checks and mo Cons, I can not find anything at this time.

8 years ago

Jim - It's a pleasure to have you as a new customer. Your comment "could not be happier" made our day. We look forward to integrating El Dorado with your accounting program.