• Overall
    4.8 /5
    4.8 /5
    4.7 /5

About Kudos

Kudos is a social peer-to-peer employee recognition system designed to deliver employee engagement with an amazing employee experience.

Learn more about Kudos

Showing 25 reviews of 659

Design Authority
  • Reviewed on 08/04/2019

"Recognition made easy"

Comments: I love it, I use it everyday and recommend its use to everyone irrespective of your job level.

Pros: The structure and ease of use has allowed me to very easily recognize my peers , leaders and staff. The integrated dashboards also creates competitiveness which makes it even more fun.

Cons: The software needs to have some build in moderation to identify "fake" recognition's. An exceptional category gets selected with the contents saying thank you.

• Reviewed on 08/04/2019
Sarah C.
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2018

"Excellent Product that Keeps Improving with the Times"

Comments: A lot of the team members work in remote locations so the tool is an excellent way of bringing remote workers closer together to replicate an office environment.

Pros: Ease of use for staff members to share praise. This is very valuable to our team!

Cons: It may be cool to have this as an APP that can be more readily pinned to taskbar for faster praise and easier use.

by Kudos on 18/12/2018

Hi Sarah,

It's awesome to hear that you're finding Kudos so easy to use! We're also daily Kudos users, so we appreciate how important it is that it be user-friendly and intuitive.

That's a great idea to have an app for desktop/laptop computers! There are a couple of ways that we can make Kudos more accessible; have you tried the Kudos browser extension? It allows you to send and receive Kudos in your browser without needing to go to your Kudos page. This is great if you spend a lot of time in your browser. Our extension is compatible with Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. You can grab the extension by visiting https://support.kudosnow.com/hc/en-us/articles/203808586-Using-the-Kudos-Browser-Add-on

You could also create a shortcut to your Kudos page on your desktop and place it on your Taskbar. This would open Kudos in your preferred web browser whenever you click it.

Hopefully one of those options helps! Remember that we're always here to at [email protected]!

• Reviewed on 04/12/2018
Michelle S.
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2018

"A nimble and easy platform that has an immediate and lasting positive impact on our team."

Comments: A quick, transparent and effective means of communication amongst our team on performance.

Pros: The ease and transparency that Kudos provides in allowing us to recognise employees' effort and contribution, fits perfectly within our culture of recognition and reward in a timely manner. Allows all our members of our team to appreciate each other. We have now been using for three years and it hasn't lost its momentum. We use as a tool to send announcements, newsletters, share corporate event photos - which brings our team back to the site which reinvigorates further use. Our team use the app at lunch breaks to send and like each other Kudos.

Cons: As we use pages for newsletters some more options around graphics would be great.

Guada G.
Recruitment Operations Manager
Staffing & Recruiting, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/08/2019

"Great tool to recognise and motivate your team"

Comments: Good tool to increase visibility among peer recognition, provide different layers of recognition for different jobs difficulties done, also allows company visibility at a team and individual level.

Pros: Easy to use tool that not only adds value to recognition at different levels, from a thank you all the way to an exceptional achievement, but also allows everyone in the company to be recognising, and to be recognised, at the same level. My team is a big fan of this tool, it encourages them to share feedback and recognise people around them, bringing visibility we might not have otherwise, as some of this recognition is so quick or specific it might be unnoticed if we didn't have this platform.

Cons: With the team being based in EMEA, at some points it's been a challenge to have flexibility in terms of rewards, in comparison with our peers in the US. However, over the past couple of years, we've not only seen a broader offer of local benefits, but the team have also shared some best practices that allow us to make the best use of our kudos.

• Reviewed on 28/08/2019
Austin F.
RDC Warehouse Manager
Wholesale, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2019

"Kudos for Werner Electric Supply"

Comments: Great!

Pros: Great customer service, fairly easy to use, metrics are available, some flexibility with how the site looks, the App is awesome,

Cons: Just some suggestions.
1) An easier way for users to provide feedback about Kudos or our Excellence Award that is ran through Kudos.
2) Provide Administrators the ability to generate quick generic email communication for our organization (emails could be edited). Admin generated emails could offer information/statistics about giving people recognition and/or use links to landing pages on the Kudos website to drive users to known functionality.
3) Integrate personality tests into the site to help the users better understand what they are looking for in communication and how they communicate with others.
4) Provide a Company Employee Suggestion function.

• Reviewed on 25/07/2019
Finance Coordinator
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/04/2019

"Appreciation"

Comments: i have many experienced with startup and im expert in analyzing systems , Kudos have some problem such as ; exemple you can send Kudos without points (its problem) , another thing is you must have a sharing totally kudos to anothre person, another things is for birthday colleagues we can mention some Kudos . another item is the day of colleague come to company , IF you need more details make appointement or time so i can present to you.

Pros: for appreciation to colleagues and give reward to them.

Cons: the least is say thank you to colleague is a minimum appreciation

• Reviewed on 07/04/2019
Ashley R.
Help Desk
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2019

"Great Way to Express Gratitude"

Comments: I use this within my office to give kudos to my coworkers who do a good job, are helpful, show teamwork, and general friendliness. We all use it and enjoy being able to use it. It is nice that you can do something good for someone and they can recognize you on a platform that the owners see. It is also nice that there is a reward aspect with it too. This is the first time I have had the ability to use Kudos and I think it is a wonderful way for everyone to work their hardest and for people to show their gratitude for that hard work.

Pros: I like the ease of use, the ability to determine how much you can give, and the new options for redeeming rewards. It is nice that you can make it visible to everyone or not. Sometimes you want everyone to know that you were assisted by someone and you are giving them kudos.

Cons: I wish there was more options for emojis and stickers. Everything has updated except for this aspect.

• Reviewed on 22/08/2019
Joel S.
Development rep for logistics
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/04/2019

"Kudos to Capterra! Super ideas with a little clutter"

Comments: I love the whole idea behind Kudos. It is a great way to communicate with colleagues and to promote positivity by letting any Dept see the postings of valor. An excellent idea! Just streamline the awards redemption part and Kudos hits the perfect 100% mark!

Pros: The ability to express anything from a job well done to my condolences to a fellow workers along with a reward points system with the largest variety of gifts to choose from I have ever seen!

Cons: It can be a little confusing trying to find your own profile and how to redeem points. Points seem a tad low on value

• Reviewed on 06/04/2019
Beth D.
CAD Designer
Civil Engineering, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/09/2019

"Appreciated Perk"

Pros: I like being able to reward my coworkers and highlight things that they've helped me with. I think it highlights the idea that we're all in this together.

Cons: I don't like that you have a limit of how many Kudos you can give someone in a month. I also dislike that the available Kudos disappear if I don't reward them by the end of the month.

• Reviewed on 27/09/2019
Tracy M.
HR director
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2018

"Great recognition and announcement tool"

Comments: It is a simple way to have a big impact, and recognize accomplishments big or small. I think it could be so much more.

Pros: Kudos makes communication with employee, and recognition immediate and interesting. It allows for immediate gratification, better relationships and a fun tool to get people involved. It has increased recognition- even for the small things, that previously would have gone unnoticed. Kudos works to encourage peer support and recognition, and helps set the standard for employees. Additionally, it helps the company see where we are thriving and maybe the spaces we want to have more growth. It can be more the just recognition- it can be for announcements, events, and even internal marketing. It is a great way to have an internal platform for all the good.

Cons: I wish it was integrated, I wish it could be connected to our intranet, or similar, so we did not need be logged in. It is also great to have the reminders to use Kudos- as sometimes it can be forgotten.

Queen A.
CARE Representative
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/09/2019

"Importance of Kudos"

Comments: Its wonderful and it brightens the day of the receiver .

Pros: From my understanding, kudos is an appreciative platform . In this light , we have the possibility to assign points and appreciate any help given us by our colleagues .
I like kudos for that very fact of its appreciative tendencies .
I equally like kudos because its easy to go about it .
More so the look and feel is quite good.
I really do appreciate kudos for the fact that it shares very important things about people such as birthdays and can help you remember a colleague's birthday thereby making a gesture.
I could go on and on but I think this and more makes me love kudos software.

Cons: One of the things I dont like about kudos is the fact that not everyone's name is there .
Secondly, the points are limited. Meaning if I need to give 10 impressive kudos to 10 people in a week my kudos would finish without me getting the chance to appreciate others.

• Reviewed on 26/09/2019
Chelsea F.
Colorist
Consumer Goods, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/07/2019

"Kudos = Smiles"

Comments: It's the little things that make me happy and kudos is one of those little things. <3

Pros: Kudos is definitely always a crowd pleaser. It always tickles my heart when I find kudos has been left for me or I do the same for someone else. It's the little things that give those awesome nuggets of happiness. Kudos does that for me!

Cons: Not enough kudos to give. I want an infinite amount to give away. Jk!

• Reviewed on 26/07/2019
Omar Z.
Engineer
  • Reviewed on 18/02/2019

"A Great Platform for Recognition"

Pros: Managers and employees interact together as friends because of using this platform.

Cons: Limited "points to give" each month.
Searching for people takes a lot of steps.
Tagging people sometimes doesn’t work properly.

• Reviewed on 18/02/2019
Elizabeth H.
Email Rep
Retail, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/04/2019

"Love Kudos"

Comments: Honestly, when giving out Kudos it's like receiving cash for a job well done. Having the ablity to give out to my fellow peers and the faces they have when they receive Kudos is priceless. The experience has been overall GREAT!

Pros: It's easy to use, especially for the older generation. Everything can be found right off the back.

Cons: Nothing that I least like about it, as it's a great too overall.

• Reviewed on 22/04/2019
Kaylee H.
Pharmacy Technician
Retail, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/08/2019

"Kudos Review"

Comments: I love it. I love the concept of it.

Pros: I like the social media-like structure of the site. It makes it easy to navigate and use!

Cons: It looks a bit bland, design wise, I can't lie.

• Reviewed on 16/08/2019
Stephen O.
Call center advisor
  • Reviewed on 24/05/2019

"Kudos review"

Comments: Rewarding workmates with points

Pros: Shining feature with points to recognise workmates upon certain achievements

Cons: Points are given differed depending on job levels

• Reviewed on 24/05/2019
Olben F.
Warehouse Administrator
Telecommunications, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/10/2019

"Benefits of kudos"

Comments: Kudos is easy to use and it enables me to recognize others

Pros: It is very simple to use and it is accurate

Cons: It has limited points to give out to other employees

• Reviewed on 18/10/2019
Chris S.
Product Manager
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2019

"Very cool software allows our team to stay connected and give Kudos in a timely manner"

Comments: Since we are 100% a remote staffing company, with everyone working from home, Kudos helps us stay in touch in friendly and timely manner that encourages some fun and playfulness in the workplace.

Pros: It encourages us to give praise when earned.
It allows us to give timely feedback.
It keeps us informed of birthdays and work anniversaries.
It gives managers and all staff visibility into our Kudos and allows others to comment (if we to public).
It uses a point system that keeps things in check so Kudos are truly earned.

Cons: My only wish is that it let us say something negative, in private, when necessary. We need negative Kudos.

• Reviewed on 29/05/2019
Julie V.
VP Operations
Banking, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2017

"Absolutely Awesome! Our Employee Love It!"

Comments: Excellent employee morale!! Great retention tool!

Pros: Recognizing employees -making them feel valuable. Allowing co-workers to recognize and appreciate each other. Great tool for managers to use to appreciate the little things- and also the big things!!Set up was relatively easy - and our staff has had no issues using it. The only thing I would like to see is maybe more ideas on how to keep this fresh and exciting for the long haul.

• Reviewed on 14/11/2017
Jordan H.
CSR
Marketing & Advertising, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2019

"Great incentive for accommodating fellow employees."

Comments: I love it, I've never felt so accomplished when getting compliment calls and being rewarded for it. Awesome feature to have in any working atmosphere to push greater success.

Pros: The user-friendly interface allows an easy and fast way to recognize someone for their positive actions. Being able to reward someone in a work place helps promote a positive and fun working environment.

Cons: I feel the way we view our Kudos could be sorted differently. I feel they should have categories depending on whether its feedback, kudos, or an announcement. And sort them from newest to oldest just because I've noticed I cant find some of my Kudos to look over and see my compliments. But other than that, it is smooth and easy to use.

• Reviewed on 29/04/2019
Thomas D.
Sales Representative
Food & Beverages, 201-500 Employees

"Relationships"

Comments: We're working alot better as a team accomplishing more that's is what will make us great if we can accomplish that will be champions if not we will get ran over by the train

Pros: I like the fact you get to acknowledge people for what great things they did at work makes then feel appreciated

Cons: I wish you could also let the people who do a bad job in the workplace because part of it is also accountability where you can get rewarded for the great things you do and also get reviewed on the bad things because there is always a good amount of that at the workplace

Member Services Manager
Recreational Facilities & Services, 501-1,000 Employees

"Kudos User"

Comments: Has been great to use with our company. I'm a Manager of my department and I love being able to send kudos to my team to reward them for doing a great job. It's a great way to gives bonuses more often.

Pros: It's very easy to use as an employee. Very self explanatory in terms of operation.

Cons: Desktop version is great, but the app version can be kind of glitchy sometimes.

Marketing Assistant
Libraries, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/07/2019

"Great Software"

Comments: Our company implement this software to reward the employees. We are doing different Kudos challenges to make it more engaging which further helps in developing the morale.

Pros: Its a great platform for praising or honouring an employee or staff member. It really helps in bringing the employees together by recognizing them.

Cons: The only con I have found in the Kudos till date is that I could not connect it with my linkedin. It is showing some errors. Otherwise its hard to find any cons in this. Great work done!

• Reviewed on 04/07/2019
Ugo C.
CEO & Co-Founder
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2018

"Use of this product has changed behavior in our company for the better!"

Comments: Main benefit is that we can tie specific behavior/activity to company CORE VALUES

Pros: Love that you can publicly (within our company) share the good that others have done AND tie those to our company Core Values!

Cons: Not much to NOT like. I used to be able to give away even earned points...which I can no longer do... I'll submit with Help and see what happens.

• Reviewed on 23/07/2018
Noel R.
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/08/2019

"Kudos"

Comments: Recognition. I see everyone use it.

Pros: Easy to use and provide recognition to others either privately or publicly.

Cons: This is not really a con but we have some that don't feel the software is truly anonymous. I don't believe this is a software issue but if there is a way to make this more known that would be nice.

• Reviewed on 13/08/2019