• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5

About Pingboard

Pingboard is an org chart with superpowers. It is the place for everything you need to know about the people you work with.

Learn more about Pingboard

Showing 25 reviews of 579

Weston T.
IT Manager
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2018

"Niche Software, Dynamically Built, Broad Application"

Comments: When a new employee joins my company, they are always blown away by one piece of software in particular. It isn't GitHub, SalesForce, Office365, or any of the boilerplate onboarding items. It is Pingboard! When you can see every person in your company on your first day, the reporting structure, the faces, people, and places, it is the singular best resource a new employee can have.

Pros: Pingboard is easy for end-users and admins alike, integrates with GSuite and auto-syncs, and allows everyone in our org to connect our schedules and statuses. Pingboard support is genuine, quick to reply, and very helpful.

Cons: Inviting new employees is sometimes accidentally forgotten when a new admin uses the software. Adding a new employee vs generating the invite can be easily mistaken. Timezone issues have confused one or two of our users but Pingboard support quickly resolved this for us.

• Reviewed on 16/11/2018
Manager, Global Workplace
  • Reviewed on 06/11/2018

"Needs more feature to stay up to date"

Pros: Easy to read org chart
Tracks OOO, WFH, PTO

Cons: The check in system shows the whole company directory, with photo. Huge security issue here
It would be nice if there was some sort of approval process when people submit PTO,WFH etc

• Reviewed on 06/11/2018
Software Support
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/07/2020

"Quickly and easily get to know your organization"

Comments: Overall the software helps me view the entire company structure and helps me remember names and positions of my coworkers.

Pros: I like that I can quickly and easily find other employees in my organization and also view the graphical org chart to see where people fit into the hierarchy of the business.

Cons: When viewing the overall graphical org chart fo the company I sometimes find it difficult to traverse the tree structure with the tiny little drop down arrow. Also, as the org tree gets expanded it's harder to navigate between more upper level employees and see who manages a specific department.

• Reviewed on 16/07/2020
Katie W.
Research Assistant
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2020

"Pingboard Review"

Comments: I like Pingboard! I've never used it for a job but definitely enjoy browsing through the site.

Pros: Pingboard is a really cool program. I like that I can see all 800 of my co-workers in their various departments. With features like adding in a personal photo, including a bio, etc. , I really feel like I can get to know others at my job.

Cons: For some reason I often have an issue signing on to Pingboard. The login page sometimes is very slow which can be frustrating.

• Reviewed on 09/10/2020
Amanda K.
Director of Business and Organizational Strategy
Computer Networking, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2018

"User friendly build with a need for creative flexibility"

Comments: Easy to use software and see visually. Sometimes the ease of use of all areas building off one another can be too restrictive. Would like flexibility that not everything on the actual org chart needs to be connected to a person.

Pros: Ease of use in building a dynamic org chart. Searchable directory, customizable profile fields, admin and end user views, ability to create multiple org charts.

Cons: Everything needs to be tied to a box. Would be helpful to add text box fields ex: a text box or popup box to appear when hovering over a particular position title that explains what the responsibilities for that role are. There are times where a box that's created shouldn't show that it is a direct report of someone above. For instance, it makes sense instead of listing all sales reps to be directly under the VP of sales, that we have boxes for each region that say something such as west, central, east, etc. and have the reps underneath those boxes. This setup currently how the program functions shows that the person's manager is the west region. Bulk import. Would like an option to bulk add a few users or a few new fields to all users instead of having to submit a whole spreadsheet of all of the company data again. Printed fully expanded org chart functionality needed where org chart can be large enough to read (should likely printed on MULITPLE pages).

Mark H.
CIO
Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2018

"Pingboard Review"

Comments: We have a complex organization with many team members. We are now able to easily look up employees from the org website.
Additionally, this tool has helped with morale, as the solution delivers a weekly email to management to provide an overview of who is in, out, telecommuting etc. However, one of the great aspects of this report is that it also includes upcoming anniversaries and birthdays, which is a great morale booster when supervisors are aware of such.

Pros: The best aspect of Pingboard is the ease of onboarding, implementation, and management of the product. We can stand up new, complicated organizations in about an hour. The users love it, and it is immediately publishable.
Also, the ability to have multiple versions of the org chart that you can keep hidden, in draft, allow for the management team to collaboratively work on org design without the hassle of sharing ppt or visio slides, using tools like SharePoint, etc.....

Cons: I really do not have anything negative to say about the solution.

• Reviewed on 14/12/2018
Simal I.
Senior Staff Software Engineer
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2018

"Great way to view your org"

Comments: I can quickly access more information (especially report chain and out of status) about my colleagues. Our organization is making an effort to make sure Pingboard is used widely; I hope it becomes better in that aspect.

Pros: 1. The org chart visualization is absolutely great and considering how fast it loads, I love referring back to it all the time.
2. Integration with Google Calendar is great! Single place to provide your Out of Office status and you're done!

Cons: 1. "Out of Office" option is a bit hidden, I wish there was a way to set an out of status state from my profile page itself; instead of going to the overall "Out of office" page.
2. It sometimes takes a while to see the title/report structure changes on Pingboard but I doubt this is related to Pingboard itself but more like how the data is fed into it.

Christina G.
Digital Program Coordinator
Automotive, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/11/2018

"Managing Contractors on Projects in Pingboard"

Comments: Updates are in real time, so contractors can change their status and I can see it immediately. This helps in team coordination. The organization chart feature is easy to use and modify as changes occur. So it is quick and easy to keep current. I really do like this software.

Pros: I like that contractors can indicate their current or future status as working remote, on vacation, sick, etc. I can quickly run a report on the status of all contractors on my team or run a report of those out of office.

Cons: There is no ability to mark a team as a Favorite, so it floats to the top of the team directory. There are several teams I manage in Pingboard and I would like to be able to mark some as Favorites, or have a Favorites option in the Directory.

• Reviewed on 30/11/2018
Business Analyst

"Honestly Helpful"

Comments: It's so much easier to find out more about my coworkers. A lot of us work remotely from home or in different offices around the country and this helps us learn more about our team and know where we all are at any given time.

Pros: It makes finding info about unknown or new coworkers super easy. I can share what I know about the company, information about myself and when I'm going to be out of the office.

Cons: The software is only as helpful as the information that's put into it. Coworkers that I was on the same teams with were appearing on a different team in the system because they had a different name they had entered.

Executive Assistant to COO & General Counsel
Insurance, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2018

"Functional & easy to use!"

Pros: Easy to use, streamlined & multi-functional. I like that you can make mock-ups of hypothetical org structures & put placeholders for "TBD" positions. Out of office, remote, etc. statuses are very helpful (if only everyone was consistent about using them)! I love using Pingboard to double check or confirm an employee's start date or title.

Cons: For check-in, I wish there was a way to only display employees in that office. We have a few different office locations, so it would be helpful if guests didn't have to scroll through the entire company. It would also help to have a more direct way of accessing signed NDAs from the check in history. I wish there was a way to export a report of employees' birthdays &/or work anniversaries as well.

Delivery Lead
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2018

"Useful for Managing Out of Office Time for Large Teams"

Pros: The Google Calendar integration combined with Teams allows me to easily see who is in our out of the office on my team at a glance. It's also nice that I can look up co-workers who are not on my team, but I may be looking for.

Cons: Editing Out of Office time is not incredibly intuitive. It takes far too many clicks to try to find a previously scheduled event and edit it. There should be an easier way to access your own events, rather than having to go through the Out of Office section of the app. The mobile app also does not allow for as much flexibility for managing your time off as the website does, which has been a bit frustrating when I'm trying to update Out of Office time on the go.

Sales Development Representative
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees

"Pingboard Review"

Comments: The benefits of quick access to team names brings credibility in a company of hundreds.

Pros: I do enjoy with multiple teams within my startup I have the ease of finding departments in levels of tiers. Quick info on the fly is important with our clientelle so the user friendly interface keeps me pleased.

Cons: Sometimes the software doesn't update properly. With such a high turnover, it's important to have all employees up to date. A few embarrassing situations I'm sure are controllable on our end.

Tiara D.
Account Department Specialist
Accounting, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2018

"My opinion on Pingboard"

Comments: Since im constantly using it to find contact information from the person i need to talk to, i find it helpful every single day , i love that it provides a face of the people thats helping me everyday, so get more familiar with my coworkers.

Pros: Pingboard is really helpful for me, as an account specialist i need to send emails constantly to my coworkers when i need their help with a client, usually on my system i show the name of the person that can help me but not the contact information, thats when Pingboard comes handy and i can access to numbers and email address from the person i need to talk with.

Cons: I wish it had a way to chat directly with the people on it.

Molly R.
SDR
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2018

"User friendly and efficient"

Comments: It connects our team as a whole and makes it easy to get in touch directly with that person.

Pros: Our team is in 55 different cities and I love how we are able to put a face with the name and learn more about the other person.

Cons: There could be additional tools added to this platform -- maybe a chat feature?

J. rebecca S.
Senior Marketing Copywriter

"I adore Pingboard!"

Comments: Very convenient and user friendly.

Pros: It's so nice to notify your coworkers about your status. I love the integration with Slack, too. It's also nice to see the org chart in case you need to see how someone fits into the company.

Cons: Not a thing! I love it. It's very easy to use.

Susan C.
Business Systems Analyst
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/10/2019

"User friendly org chart"

Comments: Its an essential tool for our growing organization especially since our recent merger and office moves, it makes finding and connecting with other people in the organization so easy. It's an essential tool that staff use daily.

Pros: It's very easy to use. I have only used static org charts prior to this. The search is really powerful so you can find people easily by name, job title, skills.
It's essential for new hires as its easy to find people without having to ask questions. Works especially well for organizations located in different cities/countries.
I like the integration with G-suite calendar so you can see who is out of office and also see upcoming birthdays and anniversaries.
It's also easy to keep the org chart up to date without manually having to create new records for new staff

Cons: You sometimes need to manually zoom in when the org chart is large. However you can filter on departments to narrow the view down.

• Reviewed on 21/10/2019
Nicole O.
Communications and Marketing Specialist
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees

"Amazing Application!"

Comments: My overall experience with Org Chart Software has been fantastic. As our company continues to grow, it's harder to know where people are at all times. Pingboard makes it so easy to communicate to all members of the company where people are each day.

Pros: The software is extremely user-friendly and it is easy to get a quick snapshot of where everyone in the company is on a given day.

Cons: The organization chart was a little complicated, but Pingboard keeps working to make it better!

Christine M.
HR Manager
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2017

"Great experience!"

Comments: We use Pingboard mainly for PTO tracking but it's also really helpful in a couple other ways. We're an agency with 1/3 of our workforce being remote so it can be hard to know where everyone *physically* is at times and this is hugely helpful for that. The PTO tracking is also helpful as it relates to agency life because we can clearly communicate to our clients when they can anticipate some of our folks being out of office. And being able to show everyone (both locally and remote) photos of the team helps when keeping track of names to faces :-)

• Reviewed on 17/02/2017
Heather T.
Director of Partnership Solutions

"Easy to Use"

Pros: I like that I can easily use the app to update vacation time or sick time as I'm heading out the door to drive home when I'm not feeling well. It's easy to update employees on my plans for the day and easily syncs with Slack.

Cons: It would be nice if it could track that Saturdays and Sundays are not valid vacation days. Then we could put a range in that included a weekend for taking vacation days.

Allan M.
Technical Success Manager
Internet, 501-1,000 Employees

"The People App"

Pros: Pingboard makes it extremely easy to identify users within the organization. Through the org chart or through using the faces game, it's definitely a favorite.

Cons: I haven't been able to find something I don't like about pingboard.

Adam C.
VP of R&D

"Hits all my needs"

Comments: We are a growing company, I often times need to figure out what group some one works in, figure who the right person is to ask about something, or try to identify a person by picture - these are all quick and easy.

Pros: This tool captures and displays the data it needs without getting in the way. It's easy to navigate and find info - I want to be in and out of this kind of tool quickly and get back to what I'm doing - I've found that easy with Pingboard.

Cons: none so far - though I haven't tried to do anything advanced with the tool. Nor am I a manager of the tool.

Barney C.
Customer Care Lead
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2018

"Great for learning about your company!"

Pros: It's a great organizational tool for newcomers to the company because they can find out with great ease what departments we have, who's in charge of each, and where all the employees are located. Also fantastic for tracking when people are out sick, on vacation, working from home, etc.

Cons: The actual graphic chart that clicks to expand each department, who works under whom, etc. is a bit tedious and clunky. In order to view correctly you have to drag the screen around because the software doesn't smart-zoom to the section you're trying to expand.

Genesis M.
Ops Manager
Logistics & Supply Chain, 501-1,000 Employees

"Pingboard Review"

Comments: Its been great so far, its pretty fast, doesnt crash, and works exactly for what it was created.

Pros: Easy to use, its like social media for workplaces, where you can put faces into names and know about what they like and their bdays

Cons: Nothing, I think overall they accomplished the goal of connecting people and letting people know about their employees

Samet K.
CSM
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2019

"Could be better"

Comments: it is good to see The Who is working in which team. nice chart. easy to get.

Pros: good to see the chart and the drop down menu from main job titles. you can see a huge chart but if the company size is 1k that might be a little problem.

Cons: when you do not know the full name of a person but remember the name starts with 'T'for example, o after listing everyone in the company you need to scroll down all the way down T. there is no filter that would get you there quickly.

• Reviewed on 27/08/2019
Tien L.
DevOps Enginner
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2018

"Easy to use, and easy to understand"

Comments: Overall it is very easy to use, and is an effective piece of software that does it is designed to do, very well.

Pros: The effectiveness of the design, and the simplicity of it. You can easily find where you are in the Org chart, and understand how the company's hierarchy is laid out.

Cons: No complaints about the software at all.