Articulate 360 Reviews

by Articulate Global

• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5

About Articulate 360

Creating gorgeous interactive e-learning that looks great on every device.

Learn more about Articulate 360

Showing 25 reviews of 358

Calum F.
Employee Success Consultant
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2019

"The best in rapid eLearning Development"

Comments: I think Storyline is the absolute pinnacle of rapid eLearning development software. It's intuitive, feature packed and just works well.

Pros: Easy to use. Advanced actions in highly interactive courses are so easy to design and build. I have some previous experience as a developer in flash, so I can be quite creative in my ambitions - as of yet, I'm yet to find anything that can not be built using triggers and variables. Having been a long time user of Adobe Captivate, I often had to add code to achieve similar functionality in my course builds.

Cons: There are times that a course file just corrupts and cannot be saved. This is very infrequent - it has happened to me a few times. Often, you can save it by ensuring you save a new version of the course. However, I have found when working intensively overnight on a course build,. the file corrupted and I had to start the build almost from scratch. It wouldnt discourage me from using this software over any alternatives.

• Reviewed on 12/11/2019
Russell S.
E-Learning
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2016

"Great software but needs some serious updating"

Comments: I have been an Articulate StoryLine user since it came out in about 2013. It took a while, but once I learned how to use it, I was able to create hundreds of amazing e-course modules and interactive games. It became one of my favorite software development tools allowing me to do things I never dreamed possible and really impressed (and expanded) my clients. Support was okay. But I never really had to submit a support ticket. Articulate has the best community and I was usually able to get the help I needed from moderators or other community members. However, I can relate to Chris' frustration. For example, StoryLine has the capability to execute javascript which greatly expands what you can do with it. But the stock answer when you have a javascript question is ... "Sorry, we don't provide support for javascript; perhaps someone in the community can help you out." Fortunately for me, there was always someone well versed with javascript that was willing to share their code. Recently, it is becoming apparent that StoryLine has some major shortcomings, and that Articulate has been slow in adding new features and enhancements in response to client requests. These include such things as a) inability to use with high-res monitors; b) no capability to e-mail results to admin or user; c) no feature to have background audio across all slides (see Chris' review); d) no capability to publish only HTML5 output; e) poor quality of HTML5 published output that does NOT work well on many mobile devices; f) no responsive design capability; g) no capability to send results to a database; h) very slow player response on timeline when synchronizing animations and no true scrubber; and several other issues. In Nov. 2016, Articulate released 360 which bundled all of their current programs into one annual subscription (which is way too expensive for us to even consider). StoryLine 2 as a stand-alone product is still available and Articulate claims that StoryLine 3 will be available sometime in 2017. However, whether SL3 will address the major shortcomings of us and others, remains unknown. Therefore, to meet our needs for course development in an ever changing technological environment, we are currently exploring alternative e-learning software development tools. Our leading candidate is Captivate 9. It appears to have all the features missing in StoryLine (and much more). Also, it appears that CP9 is a much better value.

Designer
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 03/03/2020

"Still my favorite authoring tool - powerful, modern & easy to get ideas/suplort"

Comments: I chose Storyline as our primary authoring tool at my previous company. The templates and straightforward approach to creating interactivity with layers with trigger was really a joy to develop with.

Pros: My favorite feature of storyline is the fact that it only been around 6-8 years. All of the examples, just-in-time support and troubleshooting you search for online are applicable to the current version (360) and can be implemented. Their online community is best in class.

Cons: As a freelancer, when work is light in for my elearning business (I also work FT and do webdev work) - the subscription price Of Storyline 360 is too much. I wish I could pay for a month only.

• Reviewed on 03/03/2020
Training and Development Specialist
Higher Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2019

"eLearning Design made easy"

Comments: Easy to use, great support forum, fast cloud based development in Rise

Pros: This subscription makes it so easy to develop amazing eLearning courses. From quick cloud based courses in Rise, to more elaborate course development in Storyline. It does not get easier.

Cons: As always, the subscription cost could be lower not thankfully it is not outrageous. I wish they would get rid of Quizmaker already.

• Reviewed on 30/09/2019
Nina D.
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/08/2019

"Articulate 360 - One Stop Shop for E-Learning Courses"

Comments: Overall, we find that Articulate courses are the most popular thing that we sell to our clients. We needed a way to show clients that our training is not boring and that something simple and interactive can do the trick. The knowledge checks and interactivity have increased retention of training by 40% with the use of these products, externally for our clients and internally for our team when we use it for training purposes. We've also found that it keeps clients engaged throughout, as they are able to have access to it and provide feedback easily. It helps them feel like they are part of the whole thing, rather than just being shown a final product without any say.

Pros: What I love about Articulate is the ease of use. We use this for internal and external process and we rarely run into issues where people don't know how to use it. It's a clean and clear design which is also helpful for the type of training we create, since we are usually pairing down dense content and making it more interesting. The modern interface and features makes our products look great and makes the customer happy because they now have something that feels more exciting to their learners. The ability to add voiceover in Storyline and adding graphics/widgets in Rise are little things that go a long way in helping to make our training interactive and much more interesting for clients. The project review tab also makes it easy for our clients to go in and add feedback and for us to retain that feedback, which helps with the efficiency of the project (less calls, emails, etc).

Cons: I do sometimes wish we had the opportunity to add voiceover within Articulate, particularly in Rise. We'd like to be able to have a few more options for that as our clients request it frequently and we feel like we have to do a stop-gap approach of just small snippets. I also know that the widgets don't always function as they should, however, these are small glitches that usually are handled by the Articulate team quickly.

• Reviewed on 13/08/2019
Shelby M.
Employee Learning Facilitator
Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2019

"A 360 Review for Articulate"

Comments: My overall experience is that I look like a Rockstar and Articulate makes it so easy. That is due in large to their overall service through the community and training.

Pros: The free trial sets people up for success. If you choose to use the trial, you start to receive email notices from Articulate gurus offering assistance and tips. So, immediately you are introduced to the community. The community of e-learning first-timers to pros offers a great security blanket, helping you realize you are not alone!
The product itself offers several options for creating learning for everyone. From a "powerpoint" look-a-like with Storyline to Rise which offers authors a quick way to create responsive learning to screen recording and a lot more.

Cons: There is nothing I do not like about this software.

• Reviewed on 29/05/2019
Sam S.
Director, Technology + Learning Development
Human Resources, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 28/11/2016

"Articulate 360 - Integration is Key"

Comments: With the new release of Articulate 360, I now have all of the Articulate resources under one roof (okay, it's a panel-like thing) and the new features, including super cool professionally illustrated characters, mobile publishing options and a monster (and very diverse) content library just make sense. I've said it before - someone at Articulate is paying attention and they "get" the eLearning industry and where designers, like me, want to go with new ideas. So, you don't need to have Captivate, eLearning Brothers (sorry guys) and Presi on your list of "must-haves" anymore - not once you've made the upgrade to Articulate 360.

Pros: Content Library, triggers (they're awesome and don't require a ton of Action Script to make them work), controls (have you seen Markers, the Dial and the Slider??), diverse character libraries and simple, effective publishing options that make moving the course to an LMS a breeze.

Cons: I wish it had an inline photo editor - then I could REALLY kick Adobe to the curb.

• Reviewed on 28/11/2016
Manager of Education, Online
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/06/2018

"Articulate 360 is a great design product with limits."

Comments: This is an easy to use design software that is flexible enough to do a lot of really amazing things if you are creative. The various products within the 360 suite further expand the possibilities for learning design and delivery across multiple platforms. The communities associated are very responsive allowing me to engage with others using the product to expand my understanding of the capabilities and work through specific challenges that I encounter.

Pros: This is a great instructional design product that allows for seamless communication throughout the iterative process with all involved. The product makes designing online learning easy and opens up tons of possibilities for the creatively minded.

Cons: While there are many options and flexibility when it comes to adding in Java scripting, I have found that the support in this area is lacking. Also some simple and useful feature requests have been ignored across various versions despite long lists in the discussion forums requesting such logical feature upgrades. Other issues that I have with the product are really issues with SCORM which has its own limitations and issues.

• Reviewed on 01/06/2018
Keith L.
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2020

"Good option if you do not want the subcription model."

Comments: Storyline has made my team process of converting courses from Flash to HTML5 a dream. We have been able to not only make this fix but elevate the quality of our training.

Pros: This is a great option if your team does not have the budget to pay for software yearly. Same great product at a one-time price.

Cons: The non-subscription method does not get updates as quickly as the subscription option so there will be times that you are not using the latest and greatest software.

• Reviewed on 10/06/2020
Instructional Designer
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2019

"Articulate 360 Review"

Comments: I love Articulate 360. I've mostly used the Rise program to create short courses but have used it to develop and create a year long course broken into modules. The learner love the sleek design and how easy it is to navigate. It meets all of our needs on our team.

Pros: I love Rise in the Articulate 360 suite! It is easy to use, streamlined, professional and functions like any eLearning course. I can create eLearning courses in half the time using Rise in Articulate 360. The knowledge check block is a great way to assess the content learned included right in the course versus having to go to another site to do the knowledge check. The images to choose from are of great quality and fit into most topic areas. The functionality and the clean look make for an engaging and interactive course!

Cons: You are definitely constrained to the functionality in Articulate 360 versus using Storyline but there are a lot of options in Rise to customize.

• Reviewed on 12/02/2019
Sameer K.
Lead Associate Training
E-Learning, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2019

"Best tool for developing modules and for e-learning domain"

Comments: Best ever easy and functional tool ever made in eLearning domain as other tools in the market is not even in a queue.

Pros: Best for developing any level module with ease and take lesser time as compared to another tool in the market. Having layers for interaction and we can do a lot more thing with it.
It is having a responsive player which is required for staying top in the market and no need to devloped multiple times as other tools.

Cons: It is having online and offline tool variant online is at most updated and ofline version takes time to get that update, so the user needs to develop modules accordingly.

• Reviewed on 20/09/2019
Henk T.
eLearning content developer
Education Management
  • Reviewed on 24/08/2016

"Articulate Storyline 2 Review"

Comments: I find the entire suite of Articulate products to be user friendly, easy to navigate for users that just enter the eLearning development space up to advanced users. You can pretty much design and develop any project that you can think of.

Pros: The product is simple to navigate and all features are just a mouse click away. The general Microsoft "PowerPoint" feel makes it easy to adapt storyboards and convert it to eLearning. The publishing features are quite extensive, allowing publishing to most types of devices and platforms.

Cons: The costs of upgrading and version updates are excessive.

• Reviewed on 24/08/2016
Kelly W.
eLearning Technologies Manager
Professional Training & Coaching
  • Reviewed on 13/04/2017

"great blend of functionality"

Comments: This eCourse Development tool is a great blend of PowerPoint-type functionality along with customizable web-interface type stuff, like mouse-click triggers. Some of the features are a bit finicky to use (combination of configurations relying on complex order of events which is not apparent to the course developer). A few features do not operate as expected (such as copy text format onto other text) but the Customer Service is very responsive, especially on the Community chat board. Despite these few minor setbacks, definitely the best product of its type on the market.

Pros: full feature set

Cons: some features are finicky

• Reviewed on 13/04/2017
Curriclum Spc./Instructional Design
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2019

"Hit the ground running with amazing course content!"

Comments: I have really loved using Articulate (Storyline first, then 360). Their regular webinars are great and provide a ton of tips, tricks and information. Overall, it's been great!

Pros: I appreciate how easy it was for us to get up to speed and create our own eLearning content.

Cons: As with all software, it occasionally has an issue - especially after an update. I work for a software company so I'm aware that this happens. For the most part, Articulate fixes the "big" things.

• Reviewed on 25/01/2019
Danielle T.
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
Insurance, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/04/2017

"Great product for moderate budget!"

Comments: I have been using Articulate Storyline 1 and 2 for years. All the navigation and features are super intuitive for any Microsoft PC user. The best part of any Articulate software though is the online community for support and ideas! I have had so many successful projects that started with new ideas from this community!

Pros: ease of use; final product when published; variety of publish settings to customize

Cons: integrating video and screen capture

• Reviewed on 27/04/2017
Maggie C.
Teammate Learning & Development Partner
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2017

"Storyline Makes My Job Easy!"

Comments: I really enjoy using Storyline. It has a very intuitive interface. If you can use PowerPoint, you can figure out Storyline. The object/function triggers are very easy to use in comparison to other elearning products. So far, my only issue is that is doesn't offer responsive design. Though, the course player can resize itself to the viewing window.

Pros: Ease of Use, Cost, Customer Support, Features

Cons: Lack of Ability to Design Responsively

• Reviewed on 12/04/2017
Montse A.
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2015

"Freedom to create versatile eLearning"

Comments: Articulate offers great eLearning products with many capabilities but most importantly, the user community is absolutely fantastic! The users offer so much support as well as the Articulate staff. The well-seasoned to the first time user will benefit from the encouragement and technical expertise freely offered.
I use Articulate Storyline to create eLearning courses. I appreciate the many features, such as the layers and the trigger options. The layer and trigger options allow instructional designers to create engaging interactions. Learners don't appreciate reading bullets while listening to narration on every slide so the extra features allow learners to actively engage with the content by clicking around and getting immediate feedback, etc. Designers can create fun activities and include sound and video. The free form quizzing options are terrific for creating custom quizzes and I really appreciate the publishing options as well, especially if you are designing for mobile delivery.
Lastly, I love the translate options. I'm frequently engaged by foreign clients who require eLearning in their native language. Using the translation feature saves my client a great deal of money. I also appreciate being able to check a box in the player to change all the back-end text like the previous, next, and try again, in the client's native language. Joyfully, many languages are included, even Sanskrit! Okay, I'm totally kidding about the Sanskrit!
I love Storyline and I love Articulate! It's a great company with a lot of great people who are willing to help and love what they do!

• Reviewed on 18/09/2015
Danielle T.
Training Development Specialist
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2017

"Professional and Easy to Use"

Comments: Better training content for the field.

Pros: It is wonderfully user friendly. You don't need coding knowledge. You don't need Graphic design experience. Everything is built in and ready for you to use! It comes with a wide variety of programs you can use!

Cons: There are occasional bugs, but the support team is usually very quick about helping to resolve any issue.

• Reviewed on 18/07/2017
Jim T.
Consultant
Professional Training & Coaching
  • Reviewed on 09/02/2017

"I see a lot of 5 star reviews but not a lot of 5 star reasons"

Comments: It seems quite obvious that many of these reviews are written by administrators justifying their software purchase decision or individuals who don't actually understand what causes individuals to retain content. Having a slide deck with a screen recording, audio, and questions (drag & drop, multi choice, etc) was groundbreaking 9 years ago when I first saw them. Now it's expected in a training software. This software has the category simulations listed, but this doesn't do simulations unless you have programmed your own javascript page and inserted it into the articulate. (I can do that in a powerpoint just as easy) A 5 star software should have actual simulations where the learner can make mistakes navigating systems and see the consequences of the wrong choice. It's difficult to make them, but when they are made can communicate what tens of slides won't accomplish, no matter how many assessments and matching exercises you have, because the skill being demonstrated isn't what is being actually tested for with the questions, the questions will demonstrate the learner could memorize, but nothing in the questions shows they know how to apply the content in context of a scenario. How many managers get emails with attachments from unknown sources which they open? Yes, they took an assessment that they knew the information, but without practical application the material fell on ears that could regurgitate the responses but could not apply the process. News flash, it's still an issue, and the power points and articulate screen grabs will come until real simulations show the real world and how to avoid the pitfalls.

Pros: Not much

Cons: It is not much of an authoring platform with most features available in the most basic LMS.

• Reviewed on 09/02/2017
Alex V.
e-learning developer
  • Reviewed on 09/02/2018

"Experienced user"

Comments: Excellent authoring tool

Pros: That is amazing software, if you know MS software you can easily learn how to use it. Very powerful and swift authoring tool!

Cons: Probably the price. Bugs sometimes, but regularly updated and fixed. For the 360 edition there is no option to buy your own set of applications.

• Reviewed on 09/02/2018
Rodrigo S.
Desarrollador de eLearning
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2019

"Storyline, easy, simple, powerful"

Comments: Its a sofware you can learn even without watching tutorials, very easy to use and start developing a well put product. Love the integration with power point ant the ammount of tools, there's no need to code up to a really high level.

Pros: - Plenty of usefull tools and features, there's tons of solutions ready to be applied to your needs.
- Very simple interface, easy to navigate and learn
- A greatsoftware for any scale of project

Cons: - Animation features are simple and haven't been updated for some time.
- Customer service forum is great, but there are several features we users have asked for without success.
- Button/checkbox designs feel outdated

• Reviewed on 09/01/2019
Cheryl H.
Instructional designer
Logistics & Supply Chain, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2019

"All I’ll use"

Comments: I started using storyline when it came out and had to use Captivate for a few months for a client and won’t do it again. Storyline is the only thing I’ll use anymore.

Pros: Network of users, added features of 360 put it over the top.

Cons: it’s missing a ‘preview x number of slides’ feature.

• Reviewed on 12/07/2019
Rebecca M.
Content Developer
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2019

"Storyline is a wonderful tool for a training developer"

Comments: I am really happy to have this in our library of training development tools. We deliver our entire certification pre-work in Storyline and our customers love it.

Pros: This tool is easy to learn, and delivers excellent quality training animation/interactivity. You can make it look as cute or professional as you like, and the content library is high quality and professional.

Cons: It's a bit heavy even for my powerful computer. When I want to preview an interaction, I hit the space bar, and it takes several seconds before it does the preview. Not sure how this could be fixed but it's minor compared to all its benefits!

• Reviewed on 26/03/2019
Co-founder, Director
  • Reviewed on 19/04/2018

"Use it for developing e-learning modules"

Comments: Well balanced rapid developing elearning tool

Pros: This software works perfectly for anybody who wants to deliver learning modules. It is a tool that has everything is well balanced and a pleasure to use. Articulate seems to cope well in post-Flash era of elearning and quietly moving all features into producing HTML output.

Cons: Latest versions of Storyline lack innovation and new breakthrough features. The company has made its name in developing easy-to-use versions of what was only could be done via custom work. Now as industry is too "stable", so is Articulate Storyline.

• Reviewed on 19/04/2018
Richard J.
Senior Training Specialist - eLearning Development
Utilities
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2016

"Articulate 360 - It's a One Stop Shop"

Comments: Articulate 360 gives you everything you need in a subscription/cloud based model. SL and Studio haven't changed much, but the additions of Review and Rise are pretty incredible. Review lets you send a test link to others (i.e. SMEs) which allows them to provide feedback immediately. It's a collaborative effort, so multiple people can comment on the same course at the same time. It is a very useful tool to gather feedback quickly. With Rise, you have the ability to create a course quickly without the use of SL. It's hard to explain, but it almost reminds me of creating a blog. You can add pictures, video, etc. plus links to additional sections within the blog. That's the best way I can describe it. There are a few things that may or may not work out for you. For example, Rise is not necessarily compatible with Internet Explorer 11; you would have to use a different browser. Overall, Articulate is on the right track with Articulate 360. Great job, Articulate!

Pros: 1. Responsiveness
2. Articulate Review
3. Articulate Rise

Cons: 1. The price point for the subscription model is a little high.
2. Rise is not compatible with certain browsers.
3. No major updates were done with Storyline; wish this was incorporated into 360.