AdvisorStream Reviews

• Overall
    4.8 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.7 /5

About AdvisorStream

Cloud-based content marketing solution that helps financial advisors to automate marketing and manage client relationships.

Learn more about AdvisorStream

Keith C.
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2020

"Automated and off of my plate!"

Comments: I love it. It keeps me in front of clients and prospects on a weekly basis or more and it has relevant, engaging content that my clients actually take the time to read and enjoy it.

Pros: The posts are engaging and interesting to my clients. I've had a number of clients who have called me to talk about a weekly letter or a social media post that they saw. The best part is that it takes zero time out of my schedule!

Cons: I would say the only downside is getting all of the names into the software. It is just time consuming, but there is no way around it and you have to do that no matter what software you're going to use.

• Reviewed on 26/10/2020
Adam R.
Director & Chartered Financial Planner
  • Reviewed on 20/10/2020

"A Good way to maintain contact"

Comments: generally good. We had some issues at outset and since service started but generally addressed quickly

Pros: a regular communication to keep us in clients minds

Cons: sometimes the communications are irrelevant and the lack of option to reduce the frequency slightly is somewhat frustrating

Brian F.
  • Reviewed on 23/02/2021

"AdvisorStream is worth it!"

Pros: It was very easy to set up! They have someone walk you through the steps to set up your account. You can filter the type of articles that you feel suit your client's needs the best. Those articles and newsletters are e-mailed to you for you to review and approve before they are posted/sent to your selected social platforms and clients. I like how the newsletters are addressed to each client individually, which gives it a personal touch. You are able to go into your account and see which clients are reading the articles and newsletters. This gives you a little bit of information on what your clients may need help with or are interested in, which makes for a great meeting ice breaker with clients and also allows you to direct the meeting in a way that meets your client's needs on a more personal level.

Cons: It's coming up on a year of using this software and I can honestly say that I have yet to find anything that I don't like about it!!

Carole H.
Financial Representative
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2021

"Timely & intelligent conversation"

Comments: I appreciate the ease of staying in front of clients and followers with the kind of content that I am proud to share.

Pros: Providing access to high quality articles about timely topics is a huge value! I read every article and approve what is posted for me in social media as well as what I send in my newsletter. I feel that I am providing real value to my clients and followers. Not only that - the professional layout makes me look great!

Cons: I do wish I could change the notes that are available to me to send directly to individuals. My company has locked me out of this ability. At times, the text is not a good fit. I would like to change.

David A.
Financial Services Professional
Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2021

"Advisor Stream - pricey, professional, you have to decide if it's for you"

Comments: Mixed results. The pros as listed above are why I keep it. It really adds a nice level or professionalism. The cost and lack of ROI make it a tough marketing platform to keep. Public image is the best reason to keep this service.

Pros: The pre-written emails are very well done, thoughtful and insightful. Good selection of articles to utilize. Adds a nice layer of professionalism and credibility to your business. Nice, clean, look and already compliance approved (if that's a concern).

Cons: It's hard not to see A.S. a glorified version of Hearsay that's a lot more expensive. The emails and posts don't generate much engagement. Not that any software like this does, but was hoping this would bring more results than cheaper options. Not able to make changes to the emails yet but hasn't been an issue so far.

Philip R.
Adviser
Financial Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2021

"Must have"

Comments: I had advisorstream to send clients emails to stay top of mind. It works great and i get a lot of responses.

Pros: AvisorStream is easy to set up. I love the articles and personalization of the reads. I think it's great it is a must have for client touches.

Cons: One thing i wish it had was a way to send nice birthday cards to clients.

• Reviewed on 15/02/2021
Jason P.
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2021

"A must for advisors in the digital age"

Comments: Fantastic.

Pros: The ease of use and implementation. The relevance of media sources. And best of all, it works! It's a great source of lead generation and engagement

Cons: No complaints. The product is turnkey and the support is great.

Lucas G.
Retirement Plan Advisor
  • Reviewed on 05/11/2020

"Great Access to News Articles"

Comments: I really like AdvisorStream the access it provides. The system is really easy once you learn it and the content is great! Would totally recommend it.

Pros: The ability to brand and provide access to news articles that would normally be behind a paywall to our clients is great.

Cons: Customizing your newsletter can be challenging to get down and the available articles for auto-posting to social media have run out a couple of times.

• Reviewed on 05/11/2020
Arkady M.

"Excellent Software"

Comments: Have had a great experience with AdvisorStream and my client success contacts. They are always there ready to help with any questions.

Pros: Love using this software. All the features have been easy to use, as well as user friendly. Searching for up-to-date articles and adding them have been simple. I really like being able to upload my contact list quickly and it is very convenient to add one off email addresses when meet someone new. Looking forward to using this software with other applications.

Cons: I don't feel there are any features that are missing from the AdvisorStream software.

John S.
Portfolio Manager
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2021

"Client Communication Made Easy"

Comments: Having the ability to send timely market updates to my clients enhances my value-added proposition. An informed client experiences less anxiety about their investment portfolio.

Pros: What I like most about this software is its ease of use and reader analytics. I also like the ability to access multiple media sources in sending articles to clients.

Cons: The formatting of the written text is sub-optimal when you're accustomed to using Microsoft Word or other similar software. Also in the contacts section, there isn't a field to store phone numbers.

Tara B.
Executive Assistant

"Advisorstream"

Comments: Team set up was fabulous, customer service is helpful

Pros: Seem less set up, weekly curated newsletter fabulous

Cons: The initial set up of the profile was a little tricky at first, but the team was able to help out and by the time i had a second advisor sign up i had no issues get it up and running quickly

Steven S.
Advisor

"Excellent Product"

Pros: I love that all of the articles it adds to my social media and website are already approved and I don't have to do anything to change them. This cuts back tremendously on my time spent trying to get compliance to approve something before I can share it. Really makes my job that much easier.

Cons: I would say that it gets a little confusing when trying to make sure all of your social networks and websites are connected to it. It could be a little clearer showing what socials are turned on and if they are working properly.

Jason M.
Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"AdvisorStream and Me"

Comments: Great product and great service.

Pros: The fact that it is automatic each Friday and the articles are current and well written.

Cons: Easy to integrate into my practice. Need more training to help interpret when clients respond.

Michael S.
Executive director
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2020

"Awesome value"

Comments: Consistent client communication is realized thanks to you

Pros: the auto emails, the curated content, the little blurbs from "me", the consistency

Cons: Could be easier to use, with email opt ins and things like mailchimp. Email integrations and export/import could be easier.

• Reviewed on 23/10/2020
Lisa K.
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2021

"A Great Tool to Systematize Your Social Media and Client Communications"

Comments: Really enjoying and looking forward to maximizing!

Pros: The access to articles that are normally behind a paywall. The systematic nature of how it works to keep me on track.

Cons: Can be relentless in sending suggested social media shares and newsletters. You have to make it part of your day and week.

Lawrence S.
Founder and Wealth Advisor
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2020

"Great tool!"

Pros: Ease of use and quality and quantity of content!

Cons: That you cannot calendar out your content on their system, you can only put it in a que

• Reviewed on 29/10/2020
Scott L.
Wealth Advisor
Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2021

"Great Tool to stay in contact with clients"

Pros: This program is very easy to use and very comprehensive. It provides a great opportunity to stay in contact with clients and prospects.

Cons: I do not see any cons so far. Good product.

Jeff G.
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2021

"Great Add On to Our Marketing"

Comments: This has been a great add on to our marketing. Documented results from AdvisorStream. Helpful onboarding. Easy to use. Great content.

Pros: easy to "drip" information out to clients and prospects and the more you use the system as a tool, the more it can do. I like the ability to communicate to so many clients weekly in a compliant manner. We have received a lot of positive feedback from clients. Software has enabled us to schedule more meetings and we are always "top of mind"

Cons: I don't have any cons. Strongly endorse.

David B.
Advisor
Investment Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees

"Review from user"

Comments: so far so good. will continue to use the product

Pros: I really like that is is all compliance approved content.

Cons: Constant emails from Advisor Streaming telling me what content has been sent out on my behalf. Cut out the email to me.

Cynthia C.
Marketing Director
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2021

"Timely and accurate information for our clients"

Comments: Makes it very simple to send a prospect specific articles on a certain topic, wills, estate planning, etc.

Pros: I find working in Advisor Stream very user friendly. When they have updates they tend to be very well structured in that you can still work easily in the program without losing your way.

Cons: When adding a new contact, you enter the persons fn, ln and email and hit save, then it asks you to rank them prospect, client, etc. I feel like that should all be on the same page, not in 2 steps.

Laval D.
Executive Director
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/10/2020

"I have been using these solution for many years"

Comments: I am very pleased with the solution and renew it every year I often refer many new advisors to consider this solution

Pros: Many of my clients directly respond to me with questions from my newsletter. the layout is very professional and I receive a lot of compliments on the content.

Cons: It would be great to have other social media platforms such as Instagram integrated into the tool.

Lee M.
Investment advisor

"Social Media"

Comments: The benefits are in the Branding which gives clients a better sense of security with dealing with a "business" rather than just a sole proprietor that is not so established.

Pros: This product is pretty seamless and really helps to provide a branding presence . It goes out every day to the different social platforms I asked for and the weekly newsletter solidifies the message.

Cons: The only issue I have some days is the message is too tilted to the USA audience and I just continue to ask for a different article when that happens.

Kevin S.
Investment Advisor
Banking, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"Easy to use"

Comments: It is allowing me to get timely information to clients, in a way I couldn't before.

Pros: Very easy to use, fairly easy to customize

Cons: The search engine to find articles to post could be a lot better. It seems to sort by the complete text, rather than any sort of "tags"

Angie K.
Financial Services Proofessional
Financial Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 03/11/2020

"AdvisorStream"

Comments: The platform is simple, requires no maintenance, and is super simple.

Pros: AdvisorStream allows me to focus time on meeting with clients and working on their plans.

Cons: Every once in a while I don't love an article.

• Reviewed on 03/11/2020
David F.
Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2021

"Need help /have questions"

Comments: Very pleased

Pros: I need to speak with someone about the software and other options. Very pleased. Need to expand functionality.

Cons: Business owner newsletter a bit confusing.