Shopify POS Reviews

• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5

About Shopify POS

Built for retail, Shopify POS brings your sales, inventory, customers, and more together across brick & mortar and online locations.

Learn more about Shopify POS

Showing 25 reviews of 71

Kaden B.
Business Owner
  • Reviewed on 21/09/2019

"Revolutionized My Business"

Comments: Awesome. They’ve changed our business to one that was making $500 a month to one that has quadrupled in size in just a year.

Pros: I have been so impressed with everything that Shopify offers. Their reporting, different integrations, website building, all of it is so impressive.

Cons: I haven’t found anything that I don’t like about Shopify. I’ve been very impressed with them from the beginning.

• Reviewed on 21/09/2019
Kelly M.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 02/12/2020

"Not a fan of the app update"

Comments: The old POS app was very easy to use, but with the update I am thinking of switching to Square. I reached out customer service about the possibly of reverting to the old app; they respond quickly which is great, but unfortunately we are stuck with the new app which I do not think will work for our business.

Pros: Shopify makes it easy to add and edit products to your library. It's great that it tracks inventory and can easily see sales and customer data.

Cons: I have been using shopify pos for almost 2 years and am very disappointed with the recent upgrade. We use the pos app for farmers markets and oftentimes don't have great internet. With the new update, we cannot even get into the app without great internet. Additionally, there is a new password feature that is used to get into the app. It was not very intuitive to figure out how to turn this off and caused some problems with our staff. The new layout is not very user friendly as I find myself having to do several extra steps to complete a sale than I used to.

• Reviewed on 02/12/2020
Justin R.
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2018

"Easy to use. Powerful."

Comments: It's great for my website and makes fulfilling orders easy.

Pros: Just the basic version of Shopify is powerful enough to run a successful e-commerce website. The addition add-ons make you an unstoppable entrepreneur as you can build a custom store to fit your needs.

Cons: I wish you could build a website beyond your web-store within Shopify. You can build pages and do workarounds to make it feel more complete but it lacks some functions you would get from say... Blue Host or Squarespace, or Wix.

• Reviewed on 22/03/2018
Jessica C.
manager
  • Reviewed on 04/06/2018

"love centralizing my POS and website together!"

Comments: got us more sales!~

Pros: I was using square as my POS for a long time and it worked fine for years I had zero complaints
but something better came along shopify POS ... the reason i decided to switch over (again i had 0 issue w square i loved it) is because my website runs on shopify so its alot nicer to be able to ring customers up and tie it to my website i can then add them to my email list , aesthetically it looks nicer esp on the customers end, i can literally sell items from my website on the go!
love it! helps me track what i sell more of, which makes my job easier!
the fees are decent.

Cons: I did sign up for this when it first came out so I had to "wait" a few weeks before it got to me, which was not a big deal but really was the only con .
no complaints as of yet

• Reviewed on 04/06/2018
Daniel P.
Head of Marketing
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2019

"Fantastic POS Software"

Pros: I love how this software is completely integrated with our Shopify e-com store. This allows me to sell my products at different pop-up events throughout the year. If I didn't have this, I'd be worried about trying to keep track of transactions, keep cash on hand, etc... This makes life easy and simple

Cons: This sin't really a con, but I get worried sometimes that the internet might conk out on my phone. You can't process transactions unless you have a signal, so you're dependent on a good connection. I've been able to work through everything so far, but it is a little scary when it takes a couple of seconds to process a customer's transactions.

• Reviewed on 15/05/2019
Lorie T.
Boutique owner
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2018

"4 year user"

Comments: I have loved using Shopify pos

Pros: Ease of use, that it can be set up on an iPad, wireless scanner capabilities. Easily to do phone orders. Syncs with website

Cons: Returns can tend to be difficult at times due to the new update. Sometimes I only want to do store credit but it will give me an option to put it on their credit card only so we have to manually figure it out. The old version was much better in my opinion.

• Reviewed on 09/10/2018
National Account Manager
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2018

"We use Shopify for eCommerce sales. Some sales are placed via phone that we enter through Shopify."

Comments: Ease of use, communication about accounts is so easy, works great with our accounting software and marketing automation. Shopify has made the CSR team much more effective.

Pros: Ease of use - we used to have magento and it was not easy to use at all. Shopify is simple to place all orders and we love the notes section. The notes allow our CSR team to communicate effectively and efficiently regarding accounts.

Cons: Honestly, we have not found anything that we don't like yet. We also use the marketing automation for our customers which is a great tool.

• Reviewed on 19/03/2018
Michael S.
Owner/Manager
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2017

"Works Great"

Pros: Powerful program. It basically runs our brick and mortar store. All products, financial reports, product sales are all in one place. Accessing by cell phone. lab top or home PC make it invaluable.

• Reviewed on 18/07/2017
Matthew L.
Music, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/10/2017

"Quick software with nice looking UI. Easy to navigate and works well with integrated hardware"

Pros: Keeps track of all products online. Easy to make changes on the fly or take multiple types of payments.

Cons: Does not know to merge clients (always multiples or cannot find them), does not allow to look up client info from the orders page on the app

• Reviewed on 05/10/2017
Josh M.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2018

"Reciew"

Pros: I love being able to see how my company has done on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.

Cons: Some of the features are hard for my workers to access and use without my help

• Reviewed on 10/12/2018
Founder and President
Sports, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2020

"Great System for Your Sales"

Comments: We had been testing out other shopping portals, systems, etc. There is a reason Shopify is so popular. It's a great option if you're looking for a POS system.

Pros: Simple set up, reasonable price point, easy to add and adjust our product offerings, so nice to have a system that does the "heavy lifting" for us by providing our online storefront, so to speak.

Cons: There isn't really anything we don't like about this software. It has been a positive experience overall.

• Reviewed on 08/02/2020
IT MANAGEMENT AND CIBERSECURITY
Computer Networking, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/08/2020

"easy integration"

Comments: you could to improve your business with a few efforts to creat amazing results

Pros: at the time to choose your platform i think that shopify offer great solution with availabilty of integrations to improve your business for payments , inventory, unlimited products and pos hardware

Cons: they have some hidden costs in some cases to get harware integrations, or staff accounts, the analytics services are some simple

• Reviewed on 25/08/2020
Warren T.
Technology Adviser
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/08/2019

"Great integration with Shopify"

Pros: Unsurprisingly, Shopify POS works really well with Shopify! Made it really easy for us to decide, plus it is good value for money for all the features that we needed. Customer service was also very responsive to our needs.

Cons: Can't think of much here, except for some enterprise-grade features that we won't need at this stage of our business anyway.

• Reviewed on 08/08/2019
Alistair T.
Marketing
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2017

"Fantastic!"

Pros: Syncs perfectly with your online store to keep track of inventory. Super lightweight and easy to use!

Cons: If you have your store set-up in a confusing manner, it can take a bit of time to get this perfect, but not hard.

• Reviewed on 07/06/2017
Justin R.
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2018

"Love Shopify, The POS could be improved."

Comments: Overall its good, does the job well. It has some quirks that can be fixed.

Pros: Its easy to draft orders and get payments in real life. It connects seamlessly with your online store. It included a free card reader.

Cons: If you have a large amount of SKUs it takes awhile for the search to load anything. Sometimes when you type in an item it brings up something totally unrelated...

• Reviewed on 18/12/2018
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2019

"Great software"

Pros: I decided to sell shirts with my name on them and Shopify was recommended to me by a friends. It was so easy to use, I was able to create an online store and sell my first shirt within a day. I couldn’t be happier. I uploaded with ease, collected funds and contact with my fans

Cons: I don’t have any cons with the software. It worked so fast and easy.

• Reviewed on 31/07/2019
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2018

"Easy way to process cards for your store on your phone"

Comments: Simplistic credit card processing housed in the same place as my ecommerce transactions. Makes it easier to sync and reconcile transactions

Pros: Super simple to use and records it right to your online store. can use your inventory right there as well.

Cons: I wish there was a desktop version as well. Also a way to manage more then one store without logging in and out every time.

• Reviewed on 18/05/2018
Maeva C.
Marketing Assistant
Retail, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/04/2020

"Plenty of features"

Pros: The platform is very easy to customize with plenty of additional plug-ins to adapt it to the type of business you have and offer. The additional features are fairly easy to use.

Cons: I wish Shopify itself offered more features rather than relying on plug-ins so much

• Reviewed on 27/04/2020
Eric L.
landscaper
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2019

"make your shop here"

Pros: Easy & quick to set up a shop, takes a little time looking through products but worth it

Cons: Taking a bit long to find products to sell in my shop, but should be woth it

• Reviewed on 28/06/2019
Sierra O.
Sales Representative
  • Reviewed on 19/09/2018

"A Really Great POS"

Comments: The tracking and reporting of sales has been so much easier. I love the emails you receive after each order is processed.

Pros: We switched to this POS after switching our website to Shopify. Having all payments go through one system is so much better for our business and makes reporting so much easier. I love that it links to our website so you do not have to enter in product information twice.

Cons: There is currently nothing that I do not like about this product.

• Reviewed on 19/09/2018
Willoughby P.
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/03/2019

"Awesome service for POS"

Comments: Using Shopify POS has made a huge impact overall in our business and customer relations. We can keep much better records and communication with both clients and customers. This makes the service well worth the price and a dire necessity to any business! Try it for one month and you’ll never use another POS system again.

Pros: Perfect system for POS! The seamless way of operating make this service a breeze to work with. As an admin you have free range to adjust your stock and service ms and much more! This ability to customize the POS system is my favorite part about Shopify.

Cons: You are limited in the free trial to what you can test. It is worth purchasing the service because without buying in, you cannot customize your system.

• Reviewed on 06/03/2019
Jonathon G.
Clerk
  • Reviewed on 28/08/2019

"POS is right"

Comments: Shopify is CREATING business problems, not solving them. Their tax tables are often wrong, meaning that their screwups are effecting our profits.

Pros: It is relatively simple to train someone on, and then to use.

Cons: The customer support is abysmal. Shopify screwed up the tax rates. This means either we could shut down until they fixed it - which took a week - or we could charge everyone less tax than we needed to collect . . . and then pay to the municipality. Shopify couldn't care less that they had screwed this up.

• Reviewed on 28/08/2019
Jennifer J.
Visitor Services Director
Museums & Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/01/2020

"Shopify POS with Mobile Pay Options."

Comments: It's easy to train our volunteers to use and troubleshoot. We use both the little white Shopify dip and swipe reader and the sturdier-looking black tap dip and swipe reader and have no trouble with either. Set up is easy and payments are are recorded as received on different readers, making it easier to sort the source of sales, if not the item.

Pros: Easy to set up and define products for sale at a physical store. Located on a 55 acre site, we need it about once a month in multiple locations simultaneously, so it wouldn't necessarily pay to set up connected accounts. We need it to use mobile credit card readers over wi-fi and without a dedicated phone or i-pad with a SIM card. We bought 2 refurbished ipads, 2 kinds of mobile card readers, extended the reach of our wi-fi, and we were ready to go!

Cons: Inability to set up a variable-priced item. To do this, the item must be rung in as a "Quick Sale", so there is no identification of sold products or inventory tracking.

• Reviewed on 07/01/2020
Lawrence D.
I.T. Manager
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2018

"A great POS add on if you have Shopify already as your eCommerce platform."

Pros: A really good platform addon for the Shopify eCommerce platform having all your in-store shop orders in one place along with your online orders.

Cons: the price is the only downfall I can think of. that I least like about the software. Apart from that it's great and does what it should do.

• Reviewed on 05/03/2018
Nicole W.
Director of Marketing
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2020

"Simple and straightforward"

Comments: There's definitely room for improvement with the POS system and I appreciate that it informs me when there's an update available.

Pros: I like that it links to my store pretty seamlessly and has all my customer information stored. I like the card reader as well. The life of the card reader lasts a while too.

Cons: We run a lot of promos and the POS doesn't carry over the promo codes that I created on the desktop version. Even when I input the promo code for the customer, the data doesn't carry over. A lot of the times the receipt email won't send to customers.

• Reviewed on 21/02/2020