• Overall

About Vuforia

Vuforia provides the fastest, easiest and most advanced AR solutions to help industrial enterprises address workforce challenges.

Learn more about Vuforia

Product Rating

Product Rating

Countries

Countries

Usage

Sort by

Have you used Vuforia before?

Mahmud H.
Mahmud H.
Graduate Research Assistant in US
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees

A great plugin with Unity

5 10 months ago

Comments: I am a Unity Simulation Developer and I dabbled around the Augmented Reality sphere for a while. The first AR application I built was with Vuforia and Unity. It was quite easy to create. I had to upload an image to use as a marker and wrote a few line of codes to spawn a 3D model whenever the camera sees the marker. Most options were drag and drop, nothing difficult. After deploying and running the app on my android phone, whenever I put the marker image in front of the camera, it would spawn that 3D model. A lot more is achievable with quite an ease.

Pros:

First of all, it comes built-in with Unity, the game development platform. Second, it is free to use. Third, the learning curve is not that steep. Fourth, great community of users and educational materials out there.

Cons:

I have not use there other products except the Unity plug-in. But, from my experience of using it there I can say that they are doing a great job in this highly competitive market.