QuickBooks Online Advanced Reviews

• Overall

About QuickBooks Online Advanced

QuickBooks is an end-to-end accounting software that can grow with your business.

Learn more about QuickBooks Online Advanced

Amy C.
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2019

"Technical Support needs some work"

Comments: Technical support is typically a nightmare. You get pushed to a tier 1 support agent that tends to not have any technical knowledge. It is frustrating when you have to deal with an on-going issue and get the after-call email that your issue has been resolved - when it has NOT.

Pros: Its pretty easy to use once you have a basic understanding.

Cons: Sometimes there are limitations that you have to learn to work around.

"QBO Adv"

Pros: Easy to use, invoicing tracking with customer, direct payments when using merchant services.

Cons: Limited reporting compared to QB Desktop, in online you are limited with the number of windows open.

Co-Founder | Digital Marketing Strategist
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2018

"Bookkeeping for non-accountants"

Pros: I'm clueless when it comes to keeping our books and so the ease of use in QBO is really helpful. If I don't know what to do, I can find an article to tell me how or get someone from their tech staff on the phone to help. It's easy for accountants to log into our account too once we grant them access. I like the ease of processing payments, invoices, and receipts, as well as running reports on how we're doing. Quickbooks online a lot better than the offline version of the software.

Cons: Some features need some accounting knowledge, I will say. Mainly if you don't know how to file a charge or something it doesn't tell you waht to do, but once you know (or learn from the CPA) the features are easy to use in the program.

• Reviewed on 13/11/2018
Bruce C.
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2018

"I used Quickbooks for Non-Profits at a church where i served as pastor."

Pros: I loved the detailed reporting that Quickbooks for Non-Profits provided, and the similarity with Quickbooks for Businesses, so that volunteers who were already trained in the Business version could easily mange the Non-Profit version.

Cons: I found setting up the Non-Profit version of Quickbooks a little awkward. I wish it had been transformed more into the common language of non-profits.

by Intuit on 30/01/2018

Thanks for the great review! I'm glad to hear the reporting is working well for you.

To have your company reflect things like Donors and Revenue & Expenditures you just need to change a couple options in Account and Settings in the Gear menu. Company settings will have a Tax form option you can switch to Non-Profit and then go to the Advanced tab for changing the Customer label to whatever your company needs.

Let us know if you need any other help setting up your account for running a non-profit!

The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 24/01/2018
Holly C.
Finance Assistant
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2019

"My Life is a Little Easier"

Comments: We are processing are AR in a lot less time, prefill helps with not having to search account #'s. AR billing is very advanced with the recurring invoice features and email options.

Pros: Most of all, I like that the product is online, therefore I can work from anywhere. It saves time by updating information in real time automatically without posting batches. The software allows for transactions to be edited, which reduces the need for reverse or correcting entries. Pre-filled expenses help

Cons: Frequently changes in features has been difficult since we are new to QBO. Once learned they all seem to save time.

Senior Talent Manager
Aviation & Aerospace, 201-500 Employees

"Quickbooks for Invoicing"

Comments: My overall experience is a great experience. I knew nothing about QB when I first started working at my job and now I can say I know my way around it pretty well. It wasn't hard to learn at all.

Pros: I love how easy this software is to use. When you first sign on it seems right off the bat a bit complicated but the more you use it on a dally easier it gets.

Cons: Honestly I can sit here and say there isn't something I don't like about this. It is very simple and easy to use.

Mark B.
Sales Executive
Building Materials, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2019

"QuickBooks has everything you need to run a business"

Comments: I would give QuickBooks an 8/10. It needs to be a bit smoother but will offer everything you need to run a business.

Pros: QuickBooks, makes it easy to track quartrly to year sales, as well as keeps all of your clients nicely organized. The software does a great job keeping all of your estimates and invoices stored under a clients name.

Cons: The QuickBook software can be glitchy from time to time. The biggest issue I run into is quitting out of an invoice or estimate I am trying to fill out.

Erin M.

"Software Review"

Pros: I liked the ability to access my inforamtion at my fingertips. the moble app is great.

Cons: My returns are automatically entered as debits instead of credits

Romy F.
Associate Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2019

"Quickbooks for nonprofits good for small organizations"

Comments: 20 plus years helping organizations implement and manage their finances.

Pros: The nonprofit features are good. Most helpful to us is the class structure where we can track projects and report in them, as well as role them up into functional classes.

Cons: It would be nice to be able to lock periods.

by Intuit on 30/07/2019

Hi Romy! We're thrilled to hear QuickBooks is helping your non-profit keep track of projects and stay organized. Being able to choose periods of time to lock would be a great feature, so we've submitted your feedback to our developers. The best way to lock a period currently is by closing the books, however, this is limited to the end of your fiscal year. The system will do this for you automatically and you can add a closing date password to prevent changes being made in the previous year. More information on how this works can be found here: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1773838.

Thank you for the review and here's to a great year for your organization!
Jen, The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 29/07/2019
Marquetta W.
Revenue Clerk
Government Administration, 51-200 Employees

"QB online"

Pros: This software if very easy to use. Saves a lot of time on book keeping and paper work. All the information is in one system.

Cons: I do not like that you can change information at a later date. Once things have been reconciled no change should be made.

Steve I.
Treasurer and co-founder
Performing Arts, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2016

"Great software but still issues"

Comments: I used to use Quicken years ago and have been using Quickbooks non-profit for my theater company. It is accurate, fairly straight forward, but little things are still not fixed. I have favorites (e.g.: Report of checks written and not cleared) they disappear and hsvdvthey recdo them every other day. A minor problem, but I was hoping this would have been fixed by version 2016. Sadly it wasn't. Would I recommend this product for a non-profit? Yes, yes I would!

Pros: Fairly easy to use
Great backup features
Excellent reporting
Use of "classes" to split my theater shows

Cons: Slight learning curve
Poor customer support

• Reviewed on 03/10/2016
Philip caplan - the C.
Principal
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/08/2017

"One of the best"

Comments: We've been using QB desktop for years and loved, in particular, the reporting functionality.
The Cloud version carries on the successes of the desktop version. But, while there are similarities, it is another program and will take a little time to fully master.

Pros: Reporting functionality
Bank feeds, a specific model for QB.
Full specced and lots of apps.

Cons: Not always quite clear where various functions are located.

• Reviewed on 09/08/2017
Dean P.
Accounting Manager
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees

"QuikBooks overall review"

Comments: Not really solving business issues but it is very helpful in the financial reporting and recordkeeping.

Pros: It's easy to use and reporting functionality.

Cons: Customer support leaves a lot to be desired. Also, it's budgeting options are almost non-existent.

Assistant Director
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/11/2018

"Very helpful"

Pros: Software is very helpful and easy to use especially if you don't understand the nonprofit exceptions.

Cons: Can become a little pricey as you build and continue services.

by Intuit on 20/11/2018

Happy Tuesday, and thanks a ton for reaching out with this review. It's affirming to read the program has been an especially helpful addition to your nonprofit. Since you mentioned price, I want to ensure you're getting the best value available for your organization. Rest assured, there are cost-efficient options in place, and it'd be my pleasure to discuss them with you. My inbox at [email protected] is open, and I have the tools to help.

In the meantime, feel welcome to contact the product experts on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares) should you have questions. They're open M-F from 8 a.m. until 10 p.m. EST.

Until we chat again, take it easy!

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 10/11/2018
April H.
Process Development Assoc.
Biotechnology, 2-10 Employees

"Solid software"

Comments: We had an accounting firm that recommended it for expense reporting as well as bookeeping. It is NOT designed for that (too transparent / not enough control over access & flow for that). But as the central bookeeping account to integrate to those external softwares, it works well so far. I have not been able to integrate American Express but allegedly that's a common American Express issue and that's free so "you get what you pay for".

Pros: Cloud storage / syncing, fast load times are the most exciting to me.
Custom reports & pay bills features make work efficient!

Cons: I find it fairly intuitive but there are some minor things that are not as intuitive in the menu navigation. The search is a bit wonky (sometimes displays duplicate transactions, but it's obvious because of identical timestamp).

Alex L.
Accountant

"Great Product"

Comments: Great experience.

Pros: I like functionality and breadth of options available at your fingertips

Cons: User permissions need some work. I have many employees working in the same program and some of them should have access to limited set of reports

Jody L.
Treasurer
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2019

"Does what we need, but could be better"

Comments: It is a decent program.
It was a bit "painful" getting it set up. But overall, we do like it for what we do.

Pros: Ability to categorize transactions by class
Widely used by other companies, so able to get advice from our accountant and others online.
The ease with which we can reconcile accounts.

Cons: Somewhat "glitchy" - for example, when we record a payment by "check", QB doesn't hold the "check" designation. So no "type of payment" is recorded. All other payment forms work.
It's not always that intuitive to find the way to do things. Like getting a refund check from a vendor takes way more steps than it really should. And it's not very intuitive.
I wish you could run a batch of memorized transactions without having to exit and re-open the program. And maybe there is . . . but if there is, it's not intuitive as to how.
I would like to switch to the online version, but it doesn't have all the same features that I have in my desktop version.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2019
Jenny D.
Accountant
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2019

"Quickbooks Online Advanced Review"

Comments: We are a multi-location theatre and school. Our directors and managers and board members need to have access to reports about each show and its success, our donations and fundraising efforts and our expenses in real-time in order to make decisions quickly. The ability of the QBO to allow this real-time access is something we have come to rely upon. The difficulty we have is with data input. We have had to hire a person just to input our deposits from our enrollment system and cc processor by hand, so that we can class them correctly.

Pros: That it is accessible by many people in our organization in real time and that access is customizable by user. It has many of the desktop features that we like, including the ability to use a lot of classes and accounts and customizable reporting. I love being able to have many windows of it open in order to compare between accounts or items I am working on.

Cons: I have worked with Quickbooks since the 1990s and therefore am a desktop user. I am used to the keyboard shortcuts and the ability to upload data for invoicing, deposits and journal entries. That minimal columns can be uploaded is really frustrating and it is time consuming to hand enter items, especially if our processors don't download their data to QB.
I do not like that I cannot use a desktop version to clean up items in the online version. I really liked the accountant versions in desktop.

David N.
CFO
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2019

"QBO Advanced is underrated"

Comments: QBO is easy to use and not because it's aimed towards inexperienced users or people who have no accounting background. It can be simple or used in advanced ways.

Pros: The dashboard, cloud-based nature, and layout of the software has been up to date for at least 7 years whereas other general ledger software have stuck with more traditional builds.

Cons: There isn't much I dislike. There are changes that are desired but these are features that other software also do not have.

Sue E.
Executive Director
Motion Pictures & Film, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/06/2018

"My experience with quickbooks has been very positive."

Comments: easy to use and teach
makes our ability to do work very easy

Pros: easy to use
easy to teach
functions are compatible with our organization's operations
Allows a lot of customization for reports

Cons: not cheap
tech support is too expensive
some updates are not necessary. Seem to occur just so it can be said that it was updated.

by Intuit on 15/06/2018

I want you to have all the info you deserve about why support incurs a fee and the reasons behind updates, Sue. While many subscription-based products have support included in the monthly charge (like Online), our standalone Desktop products are billed once upon purchase. Instead of charging more for the product itself, the price is kept at a lower rate by offering advanced support separately. There's more about support plans, and what you can still get without them, at https://community.intuit.com/articles/1501198. Additionally, the need to upgrade the program, and discontinue older products, is a decision predicated on the assurance you will receive top of the line software and support. As older products are retired, all attention can be given to the most secure and feature-laden service on the market.

Before I forget, thanks for reaching out with your review. Happy filming to you and your team at Rehoboth Beach Film Society, by the way. Break a leg!

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 12/06/2018
Beth M.
Owner and COO
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2019

"All-Encompassing, Integrated Accounting Program for Small Businesses"

Comments: Sending invoices out to clients on a recurring basis used to vex me! But invoicing with QBO is quick and simple and I can see whether the client has open/viewed the invoice. Now I can even create invoices in batches! I can send reminders, statements, and clients can pay online with credit cards or ACH, allowing cash flow to improve. I can also see AR reports and then follow up easily.

Pros: Overall this product is easy to use and offers the tracking resources our company needs. I also love the add-ons for processing payroll and the merchant services. It is a seamless, easy process for me to process payroll at a fraction of the cost of payroll processing companies. Also, I have yet to find a per transaction cost lower that Intuit's Merchant Services, plus it cuts the amount of work I would have to do if I used an outside credit card processor. I also like that this is cloud-based, online software that I can access from any computer at home and at work (or even at a coffee shop).

Cons: When I have a question or need assistance, the customer service has not been as good as I would expect to support what is, in my opinion, such a great software. QBO Advanced, however, has upgraded with a service called Priority Circle.

Sara H.
Administrative
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2019

"Efficient and Insightful"

Comments: Since switching to QBO Advance our company has not only been able to work efficient and effectively but also pinpoint trouble areas both within our financials and bookkeeping. We have been able to work towards correcting and improving these areas. Overall, we are very happy with our experience thus far with QBO Advanced.

Pros: There are several features we find extremely convenient, including, the ability to directly connect our bank accounts, remote access to our software, and the at a glance profit and loss for projects. We also find the project feature to be the most useful and enjoy the hourly cost rate within projects to be extremely insightful. A final area we find extremely useful is the user permissions feature within QBO Advance; this feature has given us the ability to broaden our users and therefore increase our workflow efficiency without sharing our financial data.

Cons: We have found the payroll add-on to be difficult to work with, specifically, distributing the different pay rates because our employees get paid different wages when working on government jobs as well was when they work overtime. Overtime does not seem to accurately pull from the time cards and pay appropriately for overtime. We also wish more payroll data had transferred when switching from desktop to online.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2019
Curran H.
Admin Assistant
Public Policy, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/08/2019

"Complicated Software, With Deep Capability"

Comments: Overall I find it very helpful. It is easy to enter and find bills. It had a steep learning curve, but once overcome, it is extremely helpful software.

Pros: The ability to find any transaction, bill very fast. There are reports that can be deeply customized, bills can be searched easily, and it is easy to switch between companies.

Cons: It has too many features! It has a million options, and options within options. If you are inexperienced with the software, it can be hard to find what you are looking for. Once you do find things it becomes quite simple.

by Intuit on 22/08/2019

We love knowing you've been able to locate the transactions you're looking for quickly and easily, as well as create customized reports to view specific data, Curran! We wanted to make sure to provide as many options and features as possible to meet your business needs. To find out more about how certain features work in QuickBooks, we invite you to check out our video tutorials: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/

Thanks for a great review!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 21/08/2019
Veronica N.
Consultant Manager
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/07/2021

"A powerful tool to track accounting and financial reporting"

Comments: Overall my experience has been good with Quickbooks online advanced. The product has all the features needed to run a business, get the reporting and also connecting with useful apps developed by different partners. Especially during this unprecedented times when online presence is fundamental QBO Advances provides access to not the only an accounting platform but also easy integration to other partners like Third party delivery, PoS, e-commerce, ACH Payments, etc.

Pros: The software is designed to simplify the journey by increasing the quality of the data input during the booking of the transactions and eliminating common mistakes during the process of bookkeeping. I like how the bank feed makes easier every bank reconciliation and provides a lot of information directly from the bank statement.

Cons: I do not like that the migration from desktop to online is not easy and the online version has some missing features compared with the desktop version. I also do not like the Inventory module does not have all the information for food products, like expiration date or lot control

• Reviewed on 28/07/2021
Michael B.
Engagement Manager
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/05/2021

"Cost Effective with a Learning Curve"

Comments: I love now how it is so simple to use yet can be so detailed with it's output. The customer service support team were outstanding also and quick to resolve my issues.

Pros: I feel it has a great range of features including VAT submissions which as a sole trader is super helpful.

Cons: As with anything there can be some technical faults and I did find there was a learning curve but the same can be said with anything new that we try.

• Reviewed on 12/05/2021