15 years helping Singaporean businesses

QuickBooks Online Advanced Reviews

About QuickBooks Online Advanced

QuickBooks is an end-to-end accounting software that can grow with your business.

Learn more about QuickBooks Online Advanced

QuickBooks Online Advanced ratings

4.3
4.0
4.3
4.2

8.3/10

QuickBooks Online Advanced has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 907 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used QuickBooks Online Advanced before?

Bob
Bob
Online Radio Expert/Host; Podcast Host; Ordained Minister/Award Winning Author/Prof. Public Speaker in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, Self Employed

Over 10 years of complete satisfaction!

Comments: 100 percent satisfied. I have been approached with offers to switch. I turn every single one of them down. QuickBooks has proven to be to be the absolute best software for me to use in this area.

Pros:

I love QuickBooks for Non-Profits! I have used this software exclusively for the past 10 years with no problems at all. I have received numerous compliments from Board Members of the accuracy and detail I provide when it comes to our financial reports. I have been told I provide the best reports they have seen (many are members of other non-profit boards). It is all accomplished with just a few clicks and the reports printed out!

Cons:

It does take a bit of getting used to. Especially when you are first setting up the system. Once it is set up, it runs along fine. One thing to make sure of is the category of the items you are entering. Otherwise, your reports will contain mis-categorized information. Be sure to check over your reports for accuracy in that area. If identified, it is a simple fix - but you must check it over.

5 years ago

Hearing that you've enjoyed using QuickBooks for so many years makes our day, Bob! We're thrilled to know that you're able to confidently present accurate data with the reports you've created without breaking a sweat. You can continue rely on us to have your back for years to come. It sounds like you're a pro, but if you ever need any assistance, we recommend checking out the Community. Here, you'll find detailed articles and advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members: https://community.intuit.com/ Thanks for an awesome review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Krystal
Software Solutions in US
Accounting, 11–50 Employees

QBO needs to be your go-to

5.0 last month New

Pros:

QuickBooks online's ease of use makes it a perfect accounting solution for everyone from new business owners with little to know accounting knowledge to CPA's

Cons:

While it tries to make things easier some of the defaults are a bit confusing to the accountant

Debi
VP Operations in US
Banking, 11–50 Employees

Disappointed in QB Online constant updates

3.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: It has been beyond frustrating working with QB customer service to add back a column on a report that was removed (probably accidentally in June 2023). I want to see the NOTES field added back to the Customer export and have reached out to numerous supervisors and have been told many times it will be added back. It is now 10 months later and the field has not been added back.
I have provided "Feedback" numerous times as well.
Super frustrated with the customer support team not taking steps to fix this.

Pros:

It's important to access QB from different computers/locations.

Cons:

It has been beyond frustrating working with QB customer service to add back a column on a report that was removed (probably accidentally in June 2023). I want to see the NOTES field added back to the Customer export and have reached out to numerous supervisors and have been told many times it will be added back. It is now 10 months later and the field has not been added back. I have provided "Feedback" numerous times as well. Super frustrated with the customer support team not taking steps to fix this.

Crystel
Owner in US
Cosmetics, 2–10 Employees

Perfect for a small business owner

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

It’s perfect for any small business owner wanting to control their accounting themselves.

Cons:

I have no cons for this service. It does exactly what I need.

Laura
Laura
Digital Strategist in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Quickbooks Online is Sleek, Professional, Easy, but Lacks Some Custom Reporting Features

Comments: Overall, Quickbooks Online can replace the accounting software of most small-to-medium businesses. It's easy to use and fast. You can use Quickbooks Online from anywhere, any device, at any time. That's a big deal. I love having the ability to browse it on my computer and then, when I need to, bring it up on my phone when I'm at the coffee shop or with a client. Intuit hit it out of the park with this app.

Pros:

The best feature is easily the sales tracking. It's easy to create quotes, turn them into sales orders, and then onto invoices. The process is easily linkable with many POS and ecommerce solutions.

Cons:

QBO lacks some of the most robust reporting features that I'm used to. This is the biggest issue with the online software.

Wes
Wes
Vice President in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

The Sofware You Love To Hate

Comments: We have used Enterprise for years and we had to make a change because our inventory was getting out of control. Sadly, Enterprise is missing about 5 things to make their manufacturing perfect and it just doesn't look like that is ever going to happen. Accordingly, we had to try and find an MRP software and the only way it would work well was moving to QBO. This was like making a choice to either get punched in the gut or punched in the throat. Either inventory was workable or accounting was workable.

Pros:

It integrates with our current ECommerce cart and a few other programs (e.g. Zapier).

Cons:

They have radically tried to over-simplify the product. For instance, the Vendor tab being under Expenses. As every accountant knows, Vendors aren't solely about Expenses. This is just one example of how, in trying to make this product more intuitive, they have thwarted anyone with accounting experience in using it. There are so many things you cannot delete. Too many to try and list here.

4 years ago

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us, Wes. Receiving your feedback will only help us continue to improve the product.Feel free to check out the QuickBooks Blog, as this is where your feedback comes to life:https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv. We hope you have a great business year filled with success and great health during this difficult time! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

Joe
Finance Coordinator in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use and very convenient

Comments: It has provided me everything I need to do my job well and has a simplicity that allows me to work very quickly and efficiently. The things it might lack are not critical to what I need to get done at work.

Pros:

QBO is very user friendly and easy to get acquainted with quick. There are enough features to allow you to do a multitude of tasks. Online bill pay is an essential feature for us and allows us to send ACH payments for free in a timely manner. The system is able to operate quickly and not slow down with multiple programs open at once.

Cons:

Can be difficult to find discrepancies/accounting errors. Could have more protections against altering previous period numbers.

Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

Quickbooks is the standard, but they're starting to abuse that position

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

I like how Quickbooks is integrated with everything (banks, other CRMs, etc). It's also fairly easy to use once it's setup correctly by an accountant that knows what they're doing.

Cons:

I feel like the product never gets any better, but the price keeps going up. Given that hooking up all your accounts is so time-consuming, it feels like they are abusing their relationship with their users. What else am I getting for my extra $10/month? When your user base is primarily small businesses, it feels predatory that they can just up their revenue by 100s of millions of dollars without doing anything to earn it.

Liezel Jane
Finance Controller in Philippines
Accounting, 51–200 Employees

QuickBooks Online Advance review

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Making my job a lot easier and faster. Making me have more time for my family.

Pros:

Real-Time recording and easy to navigate.

Cons:

I like everything in QBO Advanced. Nothing at all!

Liorah
Accounts Payable in US
Accounting, 11–50 Employees

Quickbooks is an efficient way of book keeping

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Lots of features to pay invoices and keep track of customers

Cons:

Customer names can be duplicates and repetitive

Molly
Senior Financial Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Best Move My Company Ever Made

Comments: The cost for this product is amazing. We have saved $100,000 yr since switching from NetSuite. My team and I honestly prefer QuickBooks for everyday bookkeeping and business operations. For our company the switch was a no-brainer.

Pros:

This software is so easy to use and makes training a breeze. A ton of the functionality makes everything more efficient and intuitive. The reporting is awesome and easy to create your own custom reports.

Cons:

You cannot have multiple tabs open and you cannot easily create consolidated financials to include multiple instances.

Kyle
Accounting in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Ease of use

Comments: The chart of accounts feature of QBO is much cleaner than the two previously used accounting softwares. Also the reporting functions are much more user friendly for non-accounting employees trying to find financial information that makes sense to them.

Pros:

Everything is very clean, and easy to navigate. The general features of the software are user friendly to all levels of accounting. If you have never used an accounting software before QBO makes it very accessible to find important and valuable information about your finances with relative ease.

Cons:

The more in depth features do take a little time to navigate. There are also a lack to "advance" features for some of the functions but it overall fits the bill. There is nothing that is missing that is an absolute need for business function- just more of a "would be nice".

Selcuk
Finance Director in France
Investment Management, 11–50 Employees

A Financer's Dream

Comments: The platform is incredibly intuitive and provides a wide range of features and tools that make it easy to manage finances. The reporting capabilities are comprehensive and accurate, and the cost is worth the investment.

Pros:

I have been thoroughly impressed with QuickBooks Online Advanced. The platform is incredibly intuitive and provides an array of tools and features that make it easy to manage finances. The accounting and invoicing processes are efficient and user-friendly, and the reporting capabilities are comprehensive and accurate.

Cons:

One of the drawbacks of QuickBooks Online Advanced is the cost of the subscription. While the features are worth the investment, the cost can be steep for small businesses with limited budgets. Additionally, the platform can be complicated to navigate for those with limited accounting experience.

LeAnn
VP, Operations in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

So much better than complicated systems!!!

Comments: We have realized much richer reporting, faster data entry and uploads, connection to multiple apps such as Bill.com, and a wealth of information readily available through QuickBooks training, online experts, and even YouTube videos.

Pros:

We love that QuickBooks provides an online option that is easily accessible for all of our virtual employees and financial advisers. It has been a breeze to use compared with our old system (Abilla MIP). In today's digital age, we don't often need all the complexity - just the natural, simple, and efficient financial management systems.

Cons:

The only thing we haven't liked is that our transition from MIP had to be done manually.

President in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

QBO Improving

Comments: We experience little downtime, despite some slowing of speeds. We're impressed with QBO at this time.

Pros:

Many new features being updated regularly. Does what we need it to do.

Cons:

Speed improvements as our file grows is very important.

Sabrina
CFO in US
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Multi Small Company

Comments: Quickbooks Online Advanced overall has served our purpose well, especially as a small company, but as we continue to grow and with the expense increase we may need to look for other options that are more robust. It was worth it to attempt to make the system work for the cost, but not so much anymore.

Pros:

The software is easy to use and can be accessed by multiple people in multiple locations. There are a multitude of videos available when attempting to do something new.

Cons:

The cost has increased from $30 to $150 per month, which is a major increase for what doesn't seem like a lot of extra tools. The few things that our company needs cannot be helped with Priority Circle, we need the system to work more like desktop did.

Curran
Admin Assistant in US
Public Policy, 11–50 Employees

Complicated Software, With Deep Capability

Comments: Overall I find it very helpful. It is easy to enter and find bills. It had a steep learning curve, but once overcome, it is extremely helpful software.

Pros:

The ability to find any transaction, bill very fast. There are reports that can be deeply customized, bills can be searched easily, and it is easy to switch between companies.

Cons:

It has too many features! It has a million options, and options within options. If you are inexperienced with the software, it can be hard to find what you are looking for. Once you do find things it becomes quite simple.

5 years ago

We love knowing you've been able to locate the transactions you're looking for quickly and easily, as well as create customized reports to view specific data, Curran! We wanted to make sure to provide as many options and features as possible to meet your business needs. To find out more about how certain features work in QuickBooks, we invite you to check out our video tutorials: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/ Thanks for a great review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Karen
Accountant/Owner in US
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

Non-Profit QBO simplifies donor & expense allocations for auditing purposes.

Comments: I have been using Quickbooks Non-Profit for years and all entries and creation of programs for a non-profit provides a visual presentation that provides Board Members and Financial Auditors the clarity and simplifies where the non-profit stands.

Pros:

Due to the complexities of non-profit financials. Quickbooks alleviates much of the work and assists with proper allocations of Donor Contribution, Grants and Foundation monies. Classifying expenses is also tricky without the easy to use features Quickbooks non-profit software provides.

Cons:

I cannot think of any downfalls. I have used other non-profit accounting softwares and Quickbooks is by the far the best.

Kristen
Accounting Dept in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11–50 Employees

Great step up from QB desktop

Comments: QB Advanced has been a great addition to our workplace. I am the main user and I like the ease of reports and other functions.

Pros:

The product is user friendly. It is easy to navigate and find all the features. The tech support are always friendly, fast and always help with any questions I have had.

Cons:

There are many features that we do not use, but I'm sure would be helpful to other companies.

Kerry
Accounting Specialist in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Quickbooks Online not all it's cracked up to be, Desktop version is much better

Comments: Customer service has been terrific, however so many problems with online. I used the desktop version for over 20 years and the online version is littered with problems that customer service was unable to solve. Hopefully as time goes on it will become a better product.

Pros:

The ability to use it remotely and store everything in the cloud

Cons:

The reporting features are awful. Unable to get the same or even similar reports with necessary information as the Desktop version

Ross
Office Manager in US
Consumer Services, 11–50 Employees

Excellent Software

Comments: Overall my experience has been good, a few times either myself or another user has made a mistake but with the help of online and phone support we got the issue fixed in a timely manner.

Pros:

Overall the software is easy to use and robust New features have a learning curve as with most things, the online help with this is good.

Cons:

The price can be daunting for smaller businesses or even individuals

Oil & Energy, 201–500 Employees

QuickBooks for Quick book keeping

Comments: Lastly i would say that this product is very good for small to midsize companies, but for large entities it may not offer much benefit. i personally have very good experience using this software because of its user friendliness.

Pros:

Ah , this product is a life savior, previously i was using a Fox pro base customized accounting software which was a big headache. this product is bug free and provided smooth book keeping experience. The best thing about this software is its user friendliness, which is in my opinion far better than any other software available .

Cons:

what i don't like about this software is it limitation to customization, you can not change this according to your specific needs. some times times you need to customize your processes and functions to fit in to QuickBooks advance. Secondly, this is for the small to mid size organizations not for big and multinational entities. For me i had difficulty in setting up project accounting because of less options are available. it is also to note that there is no automated procedure for fixed assets capitalization like other ERPs

Kira
Executive Assistant in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Great Accounting System

Pros:

Quickbooks is an easy to use program at a minimal cost. It has all the features we would want and can connect to our payroll system.

Cons:

The only thing I do not like is that the reporting is not shared between our accountant and our company. They made a custom report to pull, but I cannot see that on my side which is frustrating.

Andrew
Vice President of Operations in US

Good standard accounting solution

Comments: Overall it's a good bang for the buck by providing a rather robust accounting program for a mid-size non-profit. I wish they could do multi-company consolidations all from within QuickBooks and not having to export to Excel.

Pros:

Quickbooks has great learning tools and resources to acquire knowledge on how to use their platform. It can take some time getting used to everything (as it does with any system), but once you get the hang of it, it is generally pretty easy to navigate and set things up.

Cons:

Their customer service is usually pretty helpful for the technical pieces but we had some issues with our billing and they were a complete mess to work with. I guess as long as you are paying your bill, that's all they care about and don't want to waste their time figuring out billing issues. Also, there are a few limitations in a some of their reports that don't seem to make sense and even stumped some of the customer service agents that I had talked to.

Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

Affordable, realiable and easy to use

Comments: Accounting made easy even for those bookkeepers or accountants new to the software.

Pros:

QuickBooks for nonprofits can handle small nonprofits and large ones as well. The system is easy to use and QuickBooks has a ton of guides and videos to help begins with just about anything. Truly accounting made easy, not to mention the dozens of app integrations available.

Cons:

My only complaint is when calling customer service, I have been helped by representatives who know less than I do about their program. I just hand up and call again to talk to someone else.