15 years helping Singaporean businesses

Hostfully Property Management Platform Reviews

About Hostfully Property Management Platform

Property management and guest experience software for short term rental managers who want to scale a grow their businesses.

Learn more about Hostfully Property Management Platform

Pros:

Dealing with [SENSITIVE CONTENT. So helpful and we are still hopeful that they will refund us.

Hostfully Property Management Platform ratings

4.1
4.3
4.0
4.1

7.5/10

Hostfully Property Management Platform has an overall rating of 4.2 out 5 stars based on 202 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Hostfully Property Management Platform before?

Rich
Rich
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

FRB Rentals wouldn't be what it is today without Hostfully. The PMP that keeps on giving!

Comments: The Hostfully platform and especially the team have been a pleasure to work with.
They are VERY responsive to anything the FRB Rentals team throws at them, be it a question, suggestion for improvement or a bug.

Pros:

Love the one place to rule them all approach. The ability to create all our FRB Rentals listings in once place, manage pricing and bookings and push it out to direct bookings as well as the OTAs (Airbnb, VRBO, etc.) is so central to a successful Short Term Rentals business. Hostfully, like any software app, isn't perfect, BUT their support and development teams take feedback and fix issues and implement new features requested by the user base. I personally have had many new features I've suggested implemented.

Cons:

At FRB Rentals, we use automated templates to the extreme. Initially there is a learning curve to setting up the more advance automation using templates and trigger. Highly suggest you write it all down and map out how you want timing to happen on a booking through review, then implement it and test one step at a time. The formatting on communications should be tested with each OTA to ensure it looks good to the guest receiving it.

Joseph
Owner/CEO in US

Hostfully PMS, I'd recommend it

Pros:

The customer service is good. They respond relatively quickly and typically solve the issues. The integrations are good. However, we've recently had issues with the Lynx integration so it seems like there's been some negative changes.

Cons:

The app is painfully simple. Also, we cannot edit existing templates, simply delete them. Also, there are some bugs that have been an issue since day 1 - such as jobs being assigned to someone, even though we don't have that selected as an option and never have. Also, we don't get the notification bubble on our iPhone if we've received a notification on Hostfully (our settings are updated to receive these). Overall, there are bugs, but the app is easy enough to use so we will keep using Hostfully in the meantime.

5 months ago

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experiences with Hostfully, Joseph. We greatly value your insights. We're pleased to hear that you appreciate our customer service and integrations. Regarding the cons you mentioned, we understand your concerns about the simplicity of the app, the inability to edit system templates, please note you always have the option to create custom templates that you can edit! Your decision to choose Hostfully based on price, ease of use, and our customer service is truly appreciated. We're honored to have received your consideration among other platforms. Thank you for being a valued client, and please know that your feedback helps us in our continuous efforts to enhance your experience with Hostfully.

Warren
Director in South Africa

Great experience

Comments: Again, wish we had moved sooner. Everything is user friendly and we have support 24/7.

Pros:

Everything so far has been so easy. After Using Villas 365, we were very worried about the onboarding stage but it was such a breeze and we wish we did the move sooner.

Cons:

Booking.com is not that great on Hostfully, unfortunately Hostfully doesnt have all features/amenities that pulls through to the Booking.com profile which affects our page score. They are working on this however.

Sebastian
owner in Puerto Rico
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

after three months of subscribing, still only have half a system working. no customer support to fix anything in under two weeks.

Comments: It has not been a good experience, and the things they promised might not be ready for months, and the issues I'm having probably won't be resolved for another several weeks.

Pros:

kind, yet unhelpful staff. But besides this, their system is slow to onboard some OTA's and does NOT link for previously reserved bookings. So this is NOT a good system if you have over 20 listings since you'd need to check ALL properties daily for any changes, modifications, messages, or cancelations, on reservations made previous to the day the sync for that specific OTA takes place.

Cons:

over worked employees have a two week response time, and it's uncertain that in those two weeks you will even have a resolved question, just an answer that you might have to wait another two weeks for a follow up.

Lenise
Property Manager in US
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self Employed

New property manager

Comments: Initially it was superb with [sensitive content hidden]
, after that we’ve lost touch with any one contact, the help button is responsive but almost never solves a problem. They’re very nice, but refer owners/managers to the platforms directly.

Pros:

The onboarding specialist [sensitive content hidden] , after [sensitive content hidden] unexpected departure from Hostfully, we never connected with anyone else. She was a huge asset and we are so sorry she’s gone!

Cons:

Not easy to get answers about platform issues that arise. I thought Hostfully would have had their own customer service connections through the platforms to help maneuver issues/problems resolve issues that occurred with property managers specifically! Virtually impossible to communicate with the platforms about management issues.

5 months ago

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Lenise. We greatly appreciate your feedback, and we're sorry to hear about the challenges you've faced. We understand the importance of strong communication and support, and we're actively working to improve our customer service and platform assistance. Your input helps us make necessary improvements. Thank you for choosing Hostfully!

Dianella
Manager in US

Did not meet expectations

Comments: Not worth the money for me. Will be trying a different management software in the future

Pros:

Customer support was super helpful and always available to answer my questions

Cons:

The app doesn’t load. Viewing the website on a phone is not ideal and takes multiple steps to access the calendar. Difficult to use the website on mobile device

Alexander
IT Director in Portugal
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Great platform with outstanding customer support

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: A great experience over the nearly 4 years that we've worked together with all Hostfully team members being helpful and kind.

Pros:

The customer support team are amazing, responsive and always friendly. The platform itself has a great selection of integrations and it is constantly expanding. The Hostfully dev team is constantly adding and updating things and everyone always seems open to new ideas and ways of improving.

Cons:

There are a few features that would be nice to have for the Portuguese market like certified invoicing and guest check-in, however these are usually handled by integrations. A more robust owner's portal would be a great plus too.

Michele
Owner in Mexico
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Don't second guess Hostfully!

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

The onboarding was relatively easy and I had great support. The instant message system for support is great, which I use a lot!

Cons:

I'm aware that there are some functions within Hostfully that I haven't utilized, and I'm interested in attending a Hostfully webinar designed for users like me. This session would help me better understand the functions I'm not currently using or might be using incorrectly once I'm up and running. There is a lot of information at the beginning so it is overwhelming.

last month

Hello Michele, It's great to hear you've had so much success working with our support team. Along with that, we understand there are a lot of features for people to learn on the platform. If you ever need more information on a webinar or would like to request extra help please don't hesitate to reach out to our team at [email protected] or chat with us on help.hostfully.com.

Allison A

Hostfully Review

Comments: We had a very negative experience with a different property management platform before switching to Hostfully. Hostfully has been fantastic, very easy to implement, and we have confidence in the accuracy of the platform.

Pros:

We have had nothing but a positive experience with the Hostfully platform. It is intuitive in nature, and has been very easy for us to implement in our business. We have also found the customer service team to be very responsive and helpful!

Cons:

We would like to see video supported in the property listings.

CEO in US

Very Satisfied Overall

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Amount of Integrations and Level of Customer Support

Cons:

Time/Difficulty In Setting Up Owner Reports

last month

Hello Michael, It's great to hear that the software and support have been helpful for you. Along with that, we're sorry to hear you're having issues with owner reports. Feedback like yours helps us improve to avoid issues like this in the future. If you encounter any other issues please don't hesitate to reach out to our team at [email protected] or chat with us on help.hostfully.com.

Emma
Founder in Greece
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

This software has completely revolutionised my vacation rental business!

Comments: From the first sales call to the daily use of the platform my experience with Hostfully has been nothing but positive. These guys are awesome!

Pros:

With very little time to spend getting familiar with the software and setting up all my properties, I loved how user friendly the Hostfully platform is. The UI was intuitive and totally logical to the needs of a short term rental owner with 20+ properties. The set up time was minimal compared with other products I'd used and the customer service & training were amazing. Their live chat help line is truly best in market. Anything Ive ever needed help with has been resolved within the hour with sensible, easy to follow instructions, charm and humour - you can really tell these guys are also short term rental hosts.

Cons:

The accounting & bookkeeping side of the platform needs some improvement. All the info is there but pushing out reports at the end of the month requires too much manual reconfiguration. I dont use accounting software because my business isnt large enough to warrant the cost and I think the Hostfully platform could easily export the data I need in an easy to use format. Id rather a one stop platform than 5 different software programs integrating with each other - too many work arounds and too much opportunity for there to be a breakdown in the chain of info.

Caterra
Manager in US

Hostfully to the rescue!

Comments: We still have a lot to learn but it's great so far!

Pros:

Hostfully's responsiveness and customer service is top notch!!! It is rare that you get such excellent customer service these days. They are amazing in my book simply for their customer service. But we really appreciate the pipeline feature! It is great to be able to see where every guest is in the process of their booking/stay. That at-a-glance feature is very helpful for keeping track of everything. We also appreciate the ability to create and schedule our own template messages. Also, what is really great and invaluable is the fact that changes show up on OTA within minutes.

Cons:

It's a little annoying to have to navigate between properties by going into the property menu dropdown each time you need to switch. It would be great if you could switch between properties a little easier (maybe have a menu of properties on the side at all times).

2 years ago

Thank you so much for the awesome review, Caterra! We're delighted to hear Hostfully has been a life changer for you. It's great to know you love our customer service and had an amazing onboarding experience. We value your feedback and look forward to growing our partnership with you! :)

President & CEO in US
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Hostfully is fantastic for the money! Not perfect but they are working towards that!

Comments: I am able to effectively run the bulk of what I do with Short Term Rentals using Hostfully. I am able to automate so many things and it is amazing. I do this while paying way less than a major competitor of theirs charges.

Pros:

Very easy to use for most things. Features are organized and uncomplicated. The pipeline and it's organization is so easy to use and gather pertinent information about a reservation fast! Spending time setting everything up was challenging but so worth it! No nonsense.

Cons:

Communications and the integration with some OTAs could be drastically improved. Transferring bookings with VRBO was a nightmare.

9 months ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on our product, David. We appreciate your kind words and are glad to hear that Hostfully has been a valuable tool for managing your Short Term Rentals. We're also pleased to know that our customer service and pricing were factors that led you to switch to Hostfully. Our goal is to offer a user-friendly experience at an affordable price, and we're glad it resonates with you. Thank you for choosing us!

Austin
Owner/CoHost in US

Hostfully

Pros:

Hostfully has lots of great features at a fairly affordable price compared to other softwares. The onboarding was excellent and the customer service may be the best part about it. The enhanced reporting is what made me switch to Hostfully, it has saved me tons of time on the back end billing home owners.

Cons:

The calendar function could be better. This is the most used piece of the software for me and I wish it more functional with changing and seeing pricing for each property. The enhanced reporting is what made me switch

2 years ago

We're incredibly happy you loved the onboarding as well as the customer support team. It's awesome to hear the enhanced reporting feature is a time saver for you! We are upgrading the calendar and we hope you would love it! Thank you for choosing us, Austin!

Dan
CEO in Spain

Hostfully Review

Comments: Not very good to be honest. Never completed onboarding and I don't even use the PMS. If I could get a refund, I would. The first onboarding session was a nightmare with connection issues. Everything takes so long to action. I was previously with another PMS at a previous firm and they did all the uploading on our behalf - was not even an option with Hostfully.All my business is derived directly by me and Hostfully has only been an expense so far.

Pros:

I liked the fact it had integrated calendars and seemed easy to use - I was wrong in my opinion.

Cons:

The database looks really old and dated. It is slow to load and the calendars do not actually sync like they are meant to. I am having to manually sync them often

5 months ago

Thank you for sharing your experience, Dan. We're sorry to hear about the challenges you've faced with Hostfully, and we appreciate your feedback on the appearance, speed, and calendar syncing issues. We're actively working on improvements to make our system even more user-frendly. We're here to help and ensure a better experience for you.

Chelsea
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Great product overall, definitely needs work, but great integrations

Comments: I still believe in this product despite some of our biggest frustrations. Personal communication or the ability to have an assigned account manager would be HUGE.

Pros:

We love the integrations! Most are seamless. The calendar view is good and most of the Company level settings are nice to have. Chat customer service is great for smaller, less important issues. Templates and triggers are nice and it's always great that we can provide feedback.

Cons:

When really big, impactful problems arise, there is NO ONE to speak with. Sometimes it's much easier to pick up the phone.

last year

Thank you for your review and feedback on our product, Chelsea. We're glad to hear that you appreciate the integrations and find the calendar view and templates useful. We understand your frustration with the lack of personal communication and assigned account managers for bigger issues, and we're actively working on improving our customer support. Please continue to provide feedback as it helps us to improve the product and provide a better experience for our users. Thank you for choosing Hostfully! :)

noah
president in US
Hospitality, Self Employed

Well designed, but lacks functionality

Comments: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a nice guy, but I think the company is over marketing itself and is certainly not a leading software for the features it provides. It very well might get to the level of a Guesty one day, but for now, it's lacking basic features. The customer service and sales team is effective at selling, but not great at customer support, and when we wanted to cancel, they didnt respond for almost a week. It wasnt until I went to the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] did things actually start moving. Now, I would state they are nice and professional, but difficult to get my money back and I will have to go through my credit card company. Disappointed.

Pros:

They have a nice design and good guidebook.

Cons:

Lacks very basic functionalities needed to run a vacation rental company and the Reports function pulls incorrect information. Customer service was not good. They do not give a free trial, which does not allow you to test the product first. Once theyvre got you hooked, and you realize the product is not adequate, they will try to charge you pro-rated and will not honor a refund. I would avoid unless you know and can explain EXACTLY and EVERY SINGLE feature (to the smallest detail) that you would need, and ask very specific questions whether Hostfully provides it. Get this all in writing, so if there are errors, you can go to your credit card company for a dispute. BUYER BEWARE.

German
Vacation Rental Manager/Owner in US
Real Estate, Self Employed

Everything you need to run your business in one easy to use platform!

Comments: We are able to remotely manage our listings seamlessly. Never have to worry about double bookings, our response times are great thanks to automatic email capabilities. Guest satisfaction with communication has been noted from our guest stays. Couldn't ask for a better platform to depend on running a successful vacation rental business.

Pros:

The integrations with all the booking platforms and technology makes it very easy to remotely manage our property. Synching of the calendars have been great, and the fact that as soon as a guest books, our cleaner is automatically notified of a new job being created.

Cons:

I wish that the direct booking site would load faster to give a better customer experience. The delay of pictures loading causes some issues with response time.

2 years ago

Thank you, German, for the amazing review! It's great to know the automatic system and the integrations help your remote management more effective. We appreciate your feedback regarding the direct platform. We're glad to know the customer support has been helpful for you. The success of your business really is the success of ours!

Aditya
CEO in India
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Hostfully - an excellent propery management platform

Comments: Hostfully has been great and helped us managing our properties and listings with consumate ease and efficiently. It has greatly enhanced our productivity and overall efficiency. With Hostfully, we expect to grow our portfolio and increase the number of listings much quicker and offer exceptional support to our guests and homeowners.

Pros:

The Pipeline view is extremely useful and simplifies management of the complete guest experience cycle. Creating new propery listing is also very easy and simplified.

Cons:

Direct Booking Website and the website builder is not so great. We are looking for more flexibility and better features.

Keith
Hospitality, Self Employed

Extremely Helpful Cloud Solution for Vacation Rentals: Calendar, Booking Widget, Lead Management++

Comments: Orbirental does much more than I really need it to, but I find myself using more and more of it as time goes on. Originally discovered this as literally the only nice-looking solution for putting one's vacation rental calendar and a "book now" widget on a dedicated website, but then found it does so much more... Very helpful in terms of managing/consolidating leads from the many different listing platforms into one central location. The ability to easily send quotes to inquiring guests is fantastic. And, if you don't have a way to securely and directly take payments, well it gives you that, too (with support for many different payment processing and payment methods). It basically gives you all of the essential components you need to run a vacation rental business (and that you would have a very hard time hacking together yourself!). Essential for me was its ability to support dynamic pricing (currently from integration with PriceLabs) , but there should be more integrations as time goes on. My use case might be a little unusual as I own and manage just a single property. (I have no doubt that it easily scales to support even rather large property management firms and it was obviously designed from the ground up to support multiple users/agents and multiple properties.) For me, I was trying to build my own dedicated website for my vacation rental with similar features, functionality and user experience as delivered by Airbnb, VRBO, etc. and, lo and behold, using Orbirental gave me all of the pieces that I could not have easily and cost-effectively built myself. It can take a little time to understand the workflows and the Orbirental way of doing things (hence, 4 stars for ease-of-use), but it's mighty powerful... And I find myself, over time, moving toward making it more central to the way I manage and respond to guest inquiries (which I probably should have done in the first place). OUTSTANDING customer support with quick response time, a "there are no stupid questions" attitude, and very responsive to requests for enhancement. Very reliable: The only "issues" I've seen with the product have been due to the general complexities of integration with the broad variety of external data feeds they have to deal with (e.g., something goes haywire at Airbnb or HomeAway and that ends up affecting Orbirental). Basically, it "does everything it says on the tin" and more. Highly recommended and essential!

Pros:

Great calendar/booking widget. Enables payment processing. Easy to use quote tool. Outstanding customer support. Extensive feature set. Basic features up and running instantly. Modern/clean design.

Cons:

Bit of a learning curve as one would expect from a product that is unique, powerful and customizable. Takes some effort/configuration to get the most out of it. Somewhat hard to use "on the go" as the admin interface works best on desktop browsers. A companion app for mobile would be awesome.

Sean
President in US

Only getting 70%

Pros:

I would say the inbox is good. It lets me keep all the conversations with guests in the forefront. The sales funnel is good. I would say probably give us an option to delay when a customer conversation gets moved to "archived." I dont know its 24 or 48 hr after check-out. If I havent given them the "please review us and direct book with us" message upon check-out, I have to hunt for the conversation in the archived section, because its been moved. Luckily the sort feature helps the hunt move quickly, but i rather not have to hunt for it at all and choose to move it when I am satisfied.

Cons:

Many of the features I want to take advantage of were briefly mentioned in the "onboarding." However, the highest priority, for me, during the onboarding stage was channel integration and VRP. Automated messaging, figuring out the calendar, etc, were all tertiary concerns. So at times, I feel like Im only getting partial functionality out of Hostfully. I dont feel comfortable using the support/chat for questions about features because I only use that when something is wrong. Maybe there can be a function for non-emergency/non-bug support, like an occasional email offering a "wellness check." "Is there anything we can do help you get the most out of Hostfully?"Also! Please, please, PLEASE remove the automated pop-up on the mobile site. If Im trying to login, for functionality not on the app, I do not want to mess with a pop-up while Im trying to log in. Its not an issue on the desktop because it doesnt interfere with UI, but on a smartphone its a PITA. If you cant parse the popup between desktop & smartphone, put it on a 2min timer or something. If Im dealing with something with a guest or staff that is timely, I dont need the added frustration a damn pop-up slowing me down from fixing the issue. If Im on the phone with police with a guest safety issue, or dealing with a pipe burst at 2am and away from my laptop, the "hey lets talk" type popup is just one more step getting in my way from fixing problem for my guests.

Camille
Owner/Manager in US
Real Estate, Self Employed

Good Staff, Good Price, OK Product

Comments: Overall I would say Hostfully has GREAT people and potential. Some of the features and functions of their product are very good, but they could be better. Fixing issues and learning features are VERY time consuming and often frustrating. They have some good integrations with other companies which is nice. They are continually working on being better and I can appreciate that.

Pros:

Good, friendly, knowledgable staff (just not enough of them). Price is lower than other vacation rental software, and more in line with what you are getting for your money, which is an OK product. So much potential with this company. They do seem to care. Good automation and timing controls in accepting reservations and payments, sending forms to fill out, and checkin paperwork. They work with other key vendors such as Safely, Airbnb, VRBO, Dropbox, etc. Payment processing works well. Usability and product design not too bad to work with once you go through a big learning curve. They offer a decent website for direct booking. It's OK.

Cons:

Not enough staff. You can only communicate via chat box and the rep is not dedicated to your problem from start to finish They serve multiple customers at once so sometimes you wait hours in between getting answers. Some problems have taken days or weeks to fix. At this time I have been waiting for weeks for my cleaning person's calendar access to be fixed. Onboarding and learning the product with an undedicated chat box and tutorial links took hours/months. Better be tech savvy if you're going to buy this product. They now have a group chat on certain days/hours, but you sit there waiting your turn while you listen to everyone else's problems. It is time consuming and requires patience. The app is not very good and their mobile capability needs great improvement. Forms that work with a laptop won't work for guests on handheld devices. The website they offer is limited. Needs a basic contact form so guests can reach you. However, websites are not what they are in business for. It's a bonus. Payment processing works well, but only if you use Stripe and as a company they are not nice to work with. More options there would be better. You can send your guest a rental contract to e sign upon booking which is great but it would be better if their were fields for the guest to put information into the one document. They do integrate with Docusign but I know setting it up and working out the glitches will be time consuming so I have not attempted it yet.

Eric
Short term rental operator in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

You'll regret signing up with Hostfully

Comments: Overall we're extremely disappointed we signed up with Hostfully and paid a year subscription in advance only to find out the software doesn't ever work and actually makes our life harder.

Pros:

I like that it has most of the features we need to manage our short term rentals.

Cons:

None of the features work. We have multiple ongoing bug reports with customer service being worked on at any one time. Dealing with customer support to try and get these daily issues is a part time job. The point of software like Hostfully is to automate a lot of your tasks to free up time for growing your business but that hasn't happened.

5 months ago

We're genuinely sorry to hear about your experience with Hostfully, Eric. Your feedback is crucial to us, and we take your concerns seriously. We're actively working to resolve the issues you've encountered and improve our platform's functionality. Our aim is to provide you with a tool that streamlines your business operations, and we're committed to making that happen. We appreciate your patience, and our customer support team is here to assist you throughout this process. If you have any specific concerns or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're dedicated to delivering a better experience. Thank you for your detailed feedback, it helps us to improve!

Mergie
Reservation Manager in Costa Rica
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use

Comments: Love the platform and the simple way to control all our different channels and our direct booking, easy process to book and a great way to communicate with clients. It is great.

Pros:

Every time is some great improvement and the hostfully team is always helping with anything we report. For us as users and even for our clients is great and easy.

Cons:

I know that is something they are still working on but the connectivity with VRBO is not that easy and as property management having the control of all in one place is our priority. Trust this will be done any time soon. At this moment is not 100% fully connected yet.

5 months ago

Thank you for your positive feedback and for choosing Hostfully, Mergie! We appreciate to hear you like our customer support team and our system. We apologize regarding the VRBO connectivity. Your satisfaction is important to us! Thank you for choosing us!

Daniella
Director of operations in Mexico
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

It's ok, you can tell they're working hard on improving

Pros:

It cover all of the necessary features that you need to manage properties

Cons:

It takes some time to load and some features are not connected properly. The set up was a bit complex, they've team helping you and they're nice but it should be more intuitive.

5 months ago

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Daniella! We appreciate your acknowledgment of the necessary features in Hostfully and we are delight to hear you find our customer service helpful and nice! We're actively working on improving load times and enhancing feature connectivity. Your input on setup complexity is noted, and we're committed to making it more intuitive. We value your support and are grateful you chose Hostfully for its price and features!