Google Classroom Reviews

• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5

About Google Classroom

Collaboration tool that allows educators to create assignments, receive feedback, assess progress, share information, and more

Learn more about Google Classroom

Showing 25 reviews of 945

Steve C.
principal
  • Reviewed on 01/12/2020

"Google Classroom for virtual learning"

Comments: Great! I am the principal of both a brick and mortar and virtual program in my district. We love using Google Classroom as a primary LMS.

Pros: Google Classroom has come a long way in the last few years. I began using it almost a decade ago and found it difficult to use in the elementary setting. I am so pleased with the new functions!

Cons: List view is by far the least favorite aspect. I find it sometimes challenging for users to find things based on having to scroll to access older assignments.

• Reviewed on 01/12/2020
tacher
  • Reviewed on 03/11/2020

"classroom in the day to day"

Comments: It has helped me a lot to organize tasks and have faster access to questions about my classes.

Pros: It is very intuitive and easy to use, it has many tools that facilitate the compression and creation of classes and organization of tasks for a better control of activities towards the teacher

Cons: at the beginning it is a bit confusing since it is divided into three sections and it is a bit strategic to use

• Reviewed on 03/11/2020
Josh M.
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2020

"Simple Learning Management System"

Comments: Overall, Google Classroom's easy-to-use design makes it an excellent choice for a Learning Management System. Though it doesn't come with a lot of flashy tools and features, it is a no-nonsense format for anyone looking to keep information organized for a group. It has significantly improved my organization in my classroom and it helps my students stay up-to-date all things going on in all my classes.

Pros: The best part about Google Classroom is its simplicity. There's nothing flashy, no bells and whistles or fancy gadgets, just an organized space for posting, distributing, collecting, and grading materials. Some other LMS's try to get too much done at once, crowding the screen with a lot of different features. Google Classroom throws that idea away in favor of simple, streamlined distribution. The simple tab navigation for Stream, Classwork, and People makes accomplishing tasks quick and easy. One click of a button is all that's needy to make an announcement or send an email. The ability to post across multiple Classrooms really seals the bargain on this amazing product. Couple this with its integration of a host of other G Suite features, and it transforms how a classroom's work is managed.

Cons: There aren't many things I dislike about Google Classroom, but I will be quick to point out my frustration with editing posts and assignments. The issue is not that edits cannot be made, but that everything needs to be edited individually. For example, when I initially make a post to my literacy Classrooms, I select the option to duplicate that post across multiple Classrooms. But if I later realize I need to change or add something, I need to edit each individual Classroom as opposed to just editing the initial "master" announcement. It's a small but irritating thing when trying to save time.

• Reviewed on 15/10/2020
Gustavo F.
Medical Intern
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/05/2020

"Your best companion during your studies"

Comments: Google Classroom has become an essential part of my graduation. The ease and speed with which teachers can post assignments, reading materials and classes, in addition to the interaction between students and teachers, make Google Classroom a great ally of our studies, and its relevance is even more evident in these times of social detachment and quarantine.

Pros: With Google Classroom, teachers are able to easily offer their students new study strategies and track each student’s progress in detail. In just a few steps it is possible to send reading materials, recorded lessons and assignments to all students that can be completed through Google Forms. The students' answers can be easily accessed and also easily transformed into data capable of showing the performance of the room and the questions that offered the greatest difficulty. For students, this teaching platform allows quick interaction with teachers and classmates, who can post comments and questions publicly or privately, in addition to being able to receive individualized feedback from teachers.

Cons: Even with all its qualities, Google Classroom has some technical flaws that do not make any of its features unfeasible, but that can make them less intuitive. Viewing videos posted by teachers depends on integration with the Google Drive platform, and this communication may be flawed on mobile devices. It is common for the video preview to close when Google Drive is started automatically, and it is necessary to reselect the video in Google Classroom to start it in Google Drive. Another, less common but equally frustrating flaw is the lack of notification for some tasks that are approaching the deadline.

Yousef A.
Student
E-Learning, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/01/2020

"Helped Manage My School Life"

Comments: My overall experience with Google Classroom, I would say, has been more positive than negative. Although, the program does have some limitations, the positive aspects of this software outweigh their opposite counterparts. From its ease of use to its versatility, I would definitely rate this program as a beneficial one, that without a doubt has helped the organization of my academic career.

Pros: What I like most about this software is the various features that it offers to a regular class setting. From its ease of use to its versatility, this software program has helped me be reminded and aware of all of my upcoming projects and it also helped easy access Slides that were discussed in class, as the teacher could easily upload them, for us to review from. This software also allowed the teacher to post notices on to the classroom, where students such as myself could respond, for further clarification, for example.

Cons: What I like the least about this software is the communication between the two sides of the program. For example, when the teacher uploads something on classroom, and let us just say I wanted to ask a question, when I posted a comment, that comment could be viewed by everyone in the class, which is probably what I liked the least about this software. If this software was a bit more discrete in this process, I believe it would be a better software program as a whole.

• Reviewed on 27/01/2020
Signe J.
Editor
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 06/11/2020

"Confusing -- too much to keep track of"

Comments: Google Classroom is great for replicating the classroom environment via video meetings, but the "information overload" makes it hard to sort the important information from the redundant information. Additionally, it's not always easy to track student progress/completion for activities.

Pros: My step-son's school is doing virtual learning this fall, primarily through Google classroom. He just started middle school this year so it's his first year of using this course management tool -- and my first year of helping him use it. There are a lot of great tools available to students and teachers, and the "meet" function does a reasonable job of simulating a face-to-face classroom environment. The sound and video quality is usually good, there are very few occasions where things freeze or get glitchy during live instruction, and overall, I am impressed with that aspect of Google Classroom.

Cons: There is a lot to keep track of with Google Classroom. My step-son gets 25-50 emails a day, nearly all of them auto-generated by Google Classroom. His inbox is overflowing with routine "crap" that he doesn't read -- he's already seen the announcement on the class homepage, he's already seen the grade in the gradebook, etc, so why waste time opening all those messages? The problem is that it's hard to spot actual messages from teachers in that sea of unread notifications. There are also issues with being unable to tell whether work was submitted. Some of the homework assignments have a "Turn In" function that makes it clear when an assignment has been handed in. But others are "exit tickets" that are filled out via Google Forms, and as a parent, it's impossible to know if those have been completed. They don't get checked off as submitted, and the form clears every time you open it. Keeping track of that stuff has been very difficult for him, and for me as a parent.

• Reviewed on 06/11/2020
Brittani J.
Teacher/Coach
Sports, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/04/2020

"Google Classroom - COVID-19"

Comments: Since having to do all classes online due to the COVID-19 Pandemic I can honestly say that google classroom has saved the day! This has made life so much easier and it is an amazingly wonderful tool for educators and students alike!

Pros: There are so many pros to google classroom. 1. reaching all students in each class, and only having to type out a lesson or reminder one time - and I am able to then share it with every class. 2. Students are able to send a private message, comment or question as well as having and open discussion for all to see. 3. I am able to upload or create an assignment ahead of time and set a time/date for the assignment to be released to the classes. 4. There are options for the software to grade the work for you. 5. If a due date is set it will let me know that work was submitted late.

Cons: I have only had one issue using google classroom, and that was on a survey that I posted for each class to fill out.... I was notified that they completed the assignment or turned it in, but I was never able to see their responses. This definitely could have been user error, but I would have liked to see their work.

• Reviewed on 15/04/2020
James C.
Deputy Principal and Grade 6 Teacher
  • Reviewed on 13/05/2019

"Google Classroom for Education"

Comments: I love this cloud-based paperless option for daily student work. Easy to share, collaborate and manage.

Pros: Google Classroom is by far the best cloud-based delivery system I have ever used. Classroom makes assigning notes, work and quizzes very easy. I particularly enjoy the fact that you can create a Google Form Quiz directly from the Classroom assignment button. Especially impressive is how the self marking features in Google Forms can be directly imported into Google Classroom. All marks are then compiled in a Grade book that can put any markbook to shame. Another feature I like in Classroom is that once you assign work in Classroom it is available immediately in your Classroom folder in your Drive. This means you can see student assignment progress immediately and provide feedback before they turn it in.

Cons: Sometimes I use Classroom on an iPad and the integration on this device doesn't always work smoothly. For example, opening a doc in Classroom will sometimes open in Safari which often won't work as it blocks cookies. It then has to be reopened in Chrome.

• Reviewed on 13/05/2019
Jennifer P.
  • Reviewed on 31/05/2020

"Virtual Learning Google Classroom"

Comments: I loved that everything was at my fingertips and that I could track my students and organize work with little effort. My parents loved Google classroom because it was easy to use and was the equivalent to a good teacher's website. My only complaint was its generic appearance unless you are really tech-savvy.

Pros: I love being able to assign work to my students, track their work (no more lost papers), and no more excuses about how they did the work and I must have lost it. I love that I can file and organize within my classroom and I am saving copy clicks yet I can still send work to all my students. I also like that I can assign work with flexible dates for each student with just a little extra effort so that I can differentiate for each child's needs.

Cons: The assignments and basic stream are very user friendly but if you want to personalize your classroom and give it a personal feel you have to be really tech-savvy or know someone who is. I was able to fumble through and make mine look a little more like my classroom but it was a huge struggle and I had to go out and create a bitmoji and I still never got it in my classroom.

Mohammad sakhaoat H.
Lecturer
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2020

"My Thought on Google Classroom"

Comments: In my overall experience, Google Classroom is by a wide margin the best cloud-based conveyance framework I have ever utilized. Homeroom makes allotting notes, work and tests extremely simple. I especially appreciate the way that you can make a Google Form Quiz legitimately from the Classroom task button. Particularly noteworthy is the manner by which oneself stamping highlights in Google Forms can be straightforwardly brought into Google Classroom.
Definitely I suggest all the educator to use it and implement the knowledge of technology for betterment of students.
Google Classroom is one of the best ways for classroom management. Students also love to study and get feedback through Google Classroom.

Pros: *I love it in all the ways as I can interact with my students from remote or home or even during the class.
*Makes me simple to share materials and declarations.
*Improves the assortment and assessment of understudy work.
*Coordinates a portion of Google's most well known efficiency devices.
*Completely responsive structure.
*Allowed to utilize the materials, questionnaires, and assignments and feedback to the students.
* Easy to use without having expertise knowledge on technology.
*Quick to respond.
*Students are much more engaged than analogue class system.
*Makes the mobile phone learning tool.

Cons: *Lack of communication like chat option
*No option to set time for post but I love it.

• Reviewed on 15/03/2020
Sakhi P.
Instructor
  • Reviewed on 02/07/2020

"Amazing and easy to use for students during remote learning"

Comments: Google Classroom has been very helpful during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Without utilizing google classroom, I am not sure how effectively I would have been communicating with my students. This allows me to communicate with the parents as well as the students with ease. Parents are able to also access all of their students materials and resources to help them better their remote education with ease of mind. I highly recommend any Google software, but especially Google Classroom.

Pros: Google Classroom is a software that has been utilized by my school for a very long time. Even before the pandemic which forced learning to take place at home, google classroom has been very useful for communicating with students, parents, and guardians outside of the classroom. Parents and guardians now have access to what their students are doing inside the classroom with just a few simple steps. As educators, we upload worksheets, grades, homework, quizzes, and everything essential for effective learning!

Cons: The only thing that was a struggle for my classroom was the lack of creative freedom in the software. Since the software is very straightforward, there is not much creative freedom in terms of different things you can add to the site. The software is a tad impersonal in that aspect, but with all of the other features, it gets the job done.

• Reviewed on 02/07/2020
E-Learning, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/08/2020

"Great Product!"

Comments: I am google level 2 certified and I have provided others with information with the ins and outs of Google classroom!

Pros: A great way to get information out in a classroom environment ... the use of different formats to create information and assignments is wonderful!

Cons: The one huge drawback of google classroom is that you cannot schedule posts for mutlipe classrooms you have to do this with each individual classroom! .... i wish they would change this feature!

• Reviewed on 23/08/2020
Praba A.
Freelancer
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/11/2020

"Google Classroom is your best shot at acing that virtual learning experience"

Comments: Using Google Classroom makes you feel as though you're in a real classroom. It has really improved academic work.

Pros: This software makes it so easy for teachers and students to follow through with virtual learning. Tutors can upload all study materials needed for lessons by their students and students can have free access to their study materials for almost nothing at all. There are no hidden charges. Teachers and students can also interact during sessions and it's as though you're in a real classroom. This is so important especially during this global pandemic.

Cons: Sometimes using this software from the browser may not give you all the features so I would suggest that users download the app for the best experience.

• Reviewed on 10/11/2020
Shanthi W.
Assistant Montessori Teacher
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2020

"Remote Learning Made Simple!"

Comments: AMAZING. Very user friendly/ kid friendly. Very aesthetically pleasing and not overwhelming!

Pros: During this time when every single thing seems to be stressful, as a teacher and educator Google Classroom truly is a game changer. I was brand new to the software when COVID-19 was introduced and quickly (within a week) acclimated myself to the user friend Google Classroom. As a Montessori educator this tool allows us to upload material, assignments for turning in, important announcements and grading ALL IN ONE PLACE. Each subject has a topic area and things are very neat and organized making it very easy for students to navigate too. I teach grades 4-6 and Google Classroom has been an imperative part of remote learning at Richmond Montessori!

Cons: I would love if there was a way to ask questions on an active "document" of sorts for each grade level. We are currently using a Google Spreadsheet to answer questions!

• Reviewed on 12/04/2020
Eric K.
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2019

"Great Software"

Comments: The benefits of Google Classroom is that it allows me to setup different classes and keep them all in one place.

Pros: It allows me to put everyone in my class in one location. I am able to assign work and check it through Classroom from anywhere.

Cons: It is not good on mobile devices. On mobile devices it seems slower and can be a little more difficult to maneuver through it.

• Reviewed on 13/11/2019
Natalie B.
Higher Education, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/04/2020

"Google Classroom easy to use"

Comments: Overall, I am satisfied by product for basic courses, as a depository of curriculum, and a way for students to interact with each other and teacher.

Pros: GC is easy to use, and quick to implement. The best feature is that it is syncable with google suite.

Cons: Functionality can seem a little beginner at times. Great for schools, but if you want e-commerce courses, may not be the best way to go

• Reviewed on 21/04/2020
Karen B.
Science Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2020

"So Convenient"

Comments: I don't even remember what life was like before Google Classroom. I use this resource so often to help keep my students informed of what's happening in the classroom. This is one of the best tools to utilize to help students who are absent not fall behind when they miss school. It's a fabulous resource that provides a wide range of uses for any classroom.

Pros: Utilizing Google Classroom has been a time saver and one of the greatest tools to help keep parents and students connected with classroom learning. I love using this resource to disseminate information to my students quickly and efficiently. I also love to save paper and this solves many problems.

Cons: I wish that I could post questions and resources on the stream and still make them accessible for my students to edit. Instead of posting on the stream, I end up creating an assignment so that GC can make a copy of the Google Doc for each of my students.

• Reviewed on 21/02/2020
Masum B.
Lecturer
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/05/2020

"A precise tool to organize the class work."

Comments: Any size of smart education institute can use Google Classroom for providing better-organized education. In one word, Google Classroom is easy to use and interactive tool for students and teachers. I am very satisfied so far for its all types of features and I highly recommend all the institutes to start their journey with google classroom.

Pros: Lots of features are there I like most. Announce materials and managing it very easy. On the other hand, taking assignment or quiz is super convenient as arranging the answer script is really easy and evaluating( available an option for auto-evaluating the answer script also) at a time exporting result/grade is also super easy. Moreover, scheduling is also a great feature if anyone forgets to give any assignment or quiz or even any post on time like me.

Cons: Better to have a quick video conference option in front of the dashboard for starting a live class just in a second with the connected people/students.

Kiran S.
student
E-Learning, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/04/2020

"Online Learning- Google Classroom"

Comments: It's user friendly, FREE, and I had no problems with it whatsoever.

Pros: When I was in high school, I used google classroom every single day. First off, it's absolutely easy to use, the best part is there's an app you can download on your phone so you can get notifications of what your teacher post and stuff. They can customize due dates, add comments, send messages etc. Its literally a virtual classroom.

Cons: Theres really nothing else that google classroom needs to add.

• Reviewed on 06/04/2020
Carrie P.
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2020

"What to do with remote learners?"

Comments: Classroom has allowed teaching to run smoothly with all of the transitions required in today's learning environment. Keeping everyone together and communicating information at one time to everyone is crucial to successful learning.

Pros: Google Classroom allows teachers to curate resources, assignments, and student participation in one organized space. Whether learning is happening in a school building or from remote locations, classroom gathers students and teachers together to navigate education in today's varied climates.

Cons: A feature that would be helpful is the ability to archive assignments and resources within a particular classroom. The work-around is to archive one class and start a new one, for the next quarter for example, but that requires students joining a new space.

• Reviewed on 03/12/2020
Carlos F.
Employee
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2020

"What an amazing app"

Comments: Google Classroom was very useful to me as a college student that depends on out of class work and studying. So this app was overall amazing.

Pros: I liked the ease of the app and the overall idea behind the app.

Cons: My least favorite part about the app would be the privacy of the app and the lack of it.

• Reviewed on 29/03/2020
Rina L.
Teacher Aide
Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/05/2020

"Using Google Classroom for Distance Learning"

Comments: I still like Google Classroom. For me as a teacher assistant. I like that I do not need to add anything specific just the lessons I need to create. And overall the simplicity of the service made it easier to adapt for everyday lesson planning.

Pros: My kids use Google Classroom for school. I am also using Google Classroom for work. I like that this is a free web service that my school is able to implement for students. I especially like that it is simple, creative, easy for anyone to use.

Cons: What I do not enjoy the most is that my kids cannot customize their own classroom or account. It is quite simple enough that feels stricken to enjoy learning. I want my kids to want to open Google Classroom and enjoy learning and have the chance to create or customize their own classroom design for learning.

Rylee R.
subway employee
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/04/2020

"google classroom is useful in online school"

Pros: i find this is a simple software that is easy to use and very accessible. due to the COVID-19 pandemic, I have had online classes for the rest of the semester. I find that google classroom is an extremely useful tool in being able to keep track of your work. my favourite feature is that you can submit your work, and when the teacher grades it, u receive the mark back next to the submitted work. i like the overall layout of the google classrooms and you can switch between multiple classrooms with the click of a button.

Cons: one think i dislike about google classroom is the difficulty in accessing a classroom. since you have to enter a difficult code, sometimes you cannot access it at all. however i find that not all programs are accessible with google classroom making it difficult to access files and/or submitting them.

• Reviewed on 09/04/2020
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 06/01/2021

"Learning Made Easy"

Comments: Overall, the Google Classroom experience has been great. Each class can be organized differently to accommodate the learning environment. This is a benefit that allows teachers to work with their strengths when teaching online.

Pros: The To Do feature in Google Classroom provides a great and easy way to see what is going to be due and easily track the progress of those assignments. Having assignments easily integrate with Google Docs, Sheets, and Drive allows work to be attached with minimal effort. Also, the integration of the "Turn It In" button on Docs and Sheets that are attached provide a nice way to not go back-and-forth between the assignment and work.

Cons: Sometimes assignments come through without a due date or points for the assignment. It would be nice if these were required fields to ensure the user always knows when an assignment is due and how many points the assignment is worth. If the assignment is a writing assignment, there is a difference in level of effort between writing for 10 points versus writing for 100 points.

• Reviewed on 06/01/2021
Sanjeep L.
Quality Assurance and Frontend Developer
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/12/2020

"Why choose google classroom?"

Comments: I personally using Google classroom since 3 years. I have found that google classroom is one of best platform for easy study where both teachers and students can communicate easily. but still there are some features are need to be add.

Pros: Reason of using google classroom are:
- Suitable platform for both teachers and students.( Teachers can easily post any content regarding studies and students can see all content and can submit assignment easily)
- It is easy to use (user friendly)
- Can join from anywhere if we have access code.

Cons: It would be better if
- It has own notification features ( We have to check Gmail to check google notification)
- If it has well content manage.
- If google classroom has chatting features.

• Reviewed on 29/12/2020