• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5

About Google Classroom

Collaboration tool that allows educators to create assignments, receive feedback, assess progress, share information, and more

Learn more about Google Classroom

Showing 1,072 reviews

Kevin M.
IT Consultant/Lecturer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 28/07/2020

"A great online classroom"

Comments: I have to say that I am impressed with the Google classroom and what its able to do. With the current state of everyone being home online classrooms became a must have. While I did have access to more advance CMS that are structured for an education being pressed for time I chose to use Google Classroom. I now have about three classes online with a total of 50 students and I can say that Google classroom helps a lot with the day to day tasks when it came to teaching and providing assignments. Student we able to join and with some minor issues they were also able to upload their work. The great thing is that its accessible on both PC and Mobile so it can cater to more students.

Pros: The interface is sleek as with most Google designs. The lay out is simple and you can easily find everything you need to set up your classroom. Since I had three separate classes, I was able to configure each separately adding students via the provided invite code that can be generated by the classroom. Work and assignments can be easily structured for use by students and I love how Google gives you a dedicated Google Drive for storing uploaded classroom content. This accommodates all types of documents and media. There is also integration with YouTube which means students can watch videos from the classroom. I can give assignments and students can also upload their projects. As a basic educational tool Google Classroom is great.

Cons: The biggest downside is that it is too basic and lacks some extra features or some of the features implemented are limited. Maybe this is part of Google concept where all services are separated into apps in their G-Suite, but it can be annoying having a conference call with students, then switching to the classroom, then having to switch to the whiteboard. If all these services where integrated, it would make life a lot better. Also, there a few features that you will have to search online for instructions. Student notifications only work when new content is added. It you correct errors or made upgrades you will need to manually alert your students.

• Reviewed on 28/07/2020
Robin L.
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/04/2021

"Google Classroom Lacks Many Features"

Comments: In a pinch, with online learning during the pandemic, Google Classroom has given us a way to communicate with students and assign/collect student work. It is relatively easy to learn to use given time to adjust to this type of platform. However, there are features that it lacks - grade transfer to grading programs, ease of duplicating AND scheduling work at the same time for multiple classes to name a couple.

Pros: It is relatively easy to set up a class and invite students to join. You will likely need to watch a tutorial first, but after that, it is pretty straightforward. I like that it time-stamps submitted work. you know exactly the time a student turned something in. The ability to ask a simple multiple-choice question (I only gave the option of one answer - the word "here:)makes it easy to have students check-in for attendance purposes.

Cons: There is no easy way to transfer scores from Google Classroom to our grading system. There are no built-in comments when responding to student work. You cannot create assignments that can be both scheduled and added to multiple classes at the same time. For example, I have 3 sections of Geometry. I have to create an assignment and schedule for one class, then share and redo the scheduling for each of the other 2 classes. There is no way to hide old assignments so that students can't go back several weeks and try to submit old/late work, particularly at the end of each marking period. I don't like the fact that many educators have already asked for some of the features I feel are lacking, and yet updates have not been made.

Jason K.
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/04/2021

"Google Classroom simplifies your process"

Comments: This helps students in their work submissions and note taking.

Pros: Google Classroom allows me the ability to track student work and progress whether they are in school or online. It is a key delivery system for providing classwork and homework.

Cons: There should be an attendance feature (I found a workaround that helps - but a streamline system would meet most teacher needs)

Amanda R.
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 24/12/2020

"Google Classroom"

Comments: Overall, I liked it as I did not really encounter many issues using the application. The software can become better and I hope they will add more functions in the future.

Pros: This software is fairly easy to use. I could understand the layout and the format of the android app and the website with relative ease in a few minutes. I like that I can find my classes with a quick swipe and I can easily find my due tasks (organized by due dates) in my To Do section. Both website and application are very minimalist in design, which made navigating and finding my course materials a breeze as the design made it feel very organized.

Cons: One thing that bugged me was the android application. It was a bit buggy, one example is when I tried to submit my answer to one of those short answer comment section. Sometimes on the app, when my answer becomes a little longer, the area overlaps the private comment section, which makes handing in my answer a little tricky.

• Reviewed on 24/12/2020
Mark a. H.
Middle School Religion Teacher
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2020

"Google Classroom is still a classroom"

Comments: Our overall experience with Google classroom is favorable. We have used it in conjunction with our 1:1 technology initiative with student issued Chromebooks. We have no plans to switch products at this time

Pros: -Ease in disseminating information and assigning work to students.
-Accountability for each student as student work can be easily monitored.
-seamless interface with google drive and G-suite
-Ability to communicate with students.
-Students communicate and collaborate with others

Cons: -Upgrades are not announced, so what you have done one day might be different the next in terms of using the classroom. I would just like to know when an upgrade is occurring or has occurred rather than being surprised and having to figure it out.
-Settings are hard to switch. You have to go to settings and then to advanced settings. Still when you have changed your setting you aren't sure you have done it...there is no way to verify other then monitoring your classroom...or asking the students face to face in real life.
-Settings changes are not global. So you have to go into every individual classroom to change settings. That can be quite tedious after a while.

• Reviewed on 10/03/2020
John C.
School Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/01/2020

"Google Classroom is a must for today's classroom"

Comments: I have been using Google Classroom in my middle and high school classrooms since its early beta stage. I can tell you with 6 different preps in a school day, this is a great way to keep myself and my students organized and on task.

Pros: Google Classroom is a great platform to use for setting up your daily activities in the classroom. It is used to put out information to your students, allows for collaboration as students complete their assignments, and allows for easy assignment submission. Although not a full course management systems - it operates as and contains the major functions of one in an easy to use format. Works across all platforms, especially great with the Google environment for Chromebooks that seem to be the device of choice in many school districts.

Cons: Google is updating their software frequently - which is good, but sometimes the changes are not announced ahead of time or in a way that prepares you or the student in advance to the change.

• Reviewed on 01/01/2020
Imadur rozan S.
Architecture & Planning, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2019

"Ok Google.. Show me the best studying app!"

Comments: As a student, it's really hard to create better self management when it comes to managing the whole bunch of stuff especially with so many academic lessons and task you have (depends on where you live in as different country has different education policy and curriculum) and this app will take care the mess so you can check what are the things must be done and get reminded of the upcoming task. In my country where i live in, sometimes most teacher skip the class which mean teaching learning process will be postpone, but this app will let you learn wherever you are using online teaching feature, no excuse for not studying!

Pros: As a student either you are still in high school or college, this is finally what most student always wanted : an app that let you sync with everything related to your lesson or school stuff so you'll be much more aware of any upcoming task or homework and deadline. the app integration and sharing ability is great, this app is integrated to some google apps like google docs and google drive so you can edit your document on the go and share it to your class group or classmate. It's true, most universities or even school have their own private web or server so their student can see every information related to their academic things online, but this app is much more handy that you can manage each different task or homework, not as a whole. From the teacher perspective, opening online learning or class is going to be much more easier for more effective communication between student and teacher. The plus point is, there is no need for paper!

Cons: As from my experience with the app so far, it doesn't integrated with many other 3rd party apps like google calendar or any calendar app which can be trouble some for managing the deadlines, it would be great if this app can be sync with many other useful apps on the store. and if you're unfamiliar with google apps or android ecosystem (let's say you're an iphone or macbook user who stick with apple ecosystem) the app design and interface will be unfamiliar because this app is a little bit googlish just like other google apps.

• Reviewed on 31/08/2019
Julie K.
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/03/2021

"Google Classroom"

Pros: I have been using Google Classroom for years and I can't even imagine teaching without it. The ability for all assignments to be in one place, along with grading and feedback is amazing. I love how I can easily communicate via the Stream with students at any time. I also love having one central location for important resources we use throughout the year. The ability to add topics and assign different activities within those topics is also a great feature. Something else I love about Google Classroom is I can easily copy assignments from previous years and repost or collaborate with colleagues and use each other's assignments.

Cons: I really do love Google Classroom but I would love if it had the ability to alphabetize by last name (as every other school list is) rather than by first name. I also wish it allowed them to be co-teachers that had limited access meaning not be able to delete assignments, posts, etc but could still see all the students' work. I also really wish it let me mark items manually as "missing" instead of automatically (or give me the option).

• Reviewed on 24/03/2021
Lisa M.
Director of Educational Technology
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2020

"Google Classroom is amazing!"

Comments: It's been extremely positive. Teachers can upload a single document from google drive and decide whether they want students to each receive their own editable copy, how they want it turned in and how/if students can collaborate with each other. It's very easy to use.

Pros: Google Classroom is a seamless and intuitive way to run your classroom. I had always used it as a play to store all resources for my class - links, documents, videos, downloads, etc. but it has become even more vital as my school switches to a virtual environment. It's very easy for teachers to interact with students and give them feedback on work. It's also easy for students to collaborate with each other.

Cons: It's really hard for me to think of ways they could improve. Sure, they could offer more assessment features that help ensure test validity but they are a free service!

• Reviewed on 16/04/2020
Daniel L.
Asistente ejecutivo superior
Accounting, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2019

"Classes anytime and anywhere"

Comments: It allowed me to continue my studies and graduate in the midst of a serious political crisis.

Pros: I used google classroom throughout my university career.
Its versatile and functional platform made it possible to digitize many subjects that were traditionally taught face-to-face by a new dynamic and flexible virtual plane.
During the periods of violent protest in my country, in which the city was completely immobilized, I could continue taking the exams as well as follow my subjects thanks to google classroom.
It is very simple to use, it allows the teacher to schematize all the content in a dynamic and attractive way as well as acilitates the interaction of the student with the content and the immediate feedback between both. You can also access the educational content 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Cons: Google classroom was very useful for my university years. I do not have any complaints

• Reviewed on 18/06/2019
Carola S.
Teacher and Student
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2021

"Best tool for virtual learning!!!"

Comments: I really enjoy and love working with Google Classroom. I use it almost everyday not only for teaching but also for learning in my university classes. I also find a way to make my classes more interesting and easier for students. It is an app that is 100% worth trying and getting the best of it during this pandemic!

Pros: Google Classroom has really made it easier for us teachers and students to learn and have a more real class. As everyone else since the pandemic, virtual classes have been very difficult and as well very difficult to engage students. With Google Classroom I get to give a class almost as complete as a one in a classroom, I have asked my student if they liked it and they all said yes. It is very easy and it is easy to share documents or to share screen with students. Another pro is that it also sends an email whenever there is an update in the forum which helps everybody to be up to date at the very moment.

Cons: The only drawback I find is that to enter the classroom or the meeting you must have a very stable internet connection, otherwise it does not let you enter or the system automatically logs you out. This can complicate things because many times if a student has a slower internet connection it won't let him/her in.

• Reviewed on 02/04/2021
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/08/2019

"Powerful Educational Tool"

Pros: Google Classroom strengthens the classroom environment by connecting the students and teachers onto a social media like platform where teachers can post homework and announcements. I like their user friendly interface and their notifications feature that reminds the students when assignments are due.

Cons: I’m not a big fan of the submission process for the assignments. It is very complicated for many students because of the many restrictions for files to upload. I don’t like that teachers cannot post quizzes onto the google classroom.

• Reviewed on 21/08/2019
Kiff K.
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2020

"Google Classroom is AWESOME!"

Comments: Google classroom is a great digital resource when it comes to pushing out assignments to your students. It is easy to use for a teacher and the students as well.

Pros: I am a 5th grade teacher, Google Classroom is used on a daily basis. It is extremely easy to add students to your classroom, add co-teachers, and invite parents to your classroom. It is also easy to assign assignments to your students, it only takes a few minutes. It is great that your google classroom is also linked to your google drive. Everything in your drive is accessible when assigning something to your students.

Cons: One thing I do wish was available on Google Classroom was the ability to schedule an assignment to multiple classrooms at a time. I have to create an assignment three different times and schedule it to each class for a later date.

• Reviewed on 07/05/2020
Heather B.
Educator
Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2020

"Decent platform for posting assignments online"

Comments: It works great to send out hyperdocs or assignments or even links. Students can access it quickly.

Pros: Google classroom allows me to post assignments and those assignments can be linked to Google Drive. It syncs quickly. It will tell me which students have and have not turned in work. It has a comment feature where students can comment to one another. This is useful for a virtual book club. The comment feature can also be turned off by the teacher.

Cons: Google if you are listening, PLEASE!! When you create an assignment, the students hit turn in. You then have to spend at least 2 minutes opening up each Google document SEPARATELY. There NEEDS to be a BATCH open function where all the docs could collate into one document or even one Google Slide. Which is my work around. I can assign ONE Google slide and let all the students edit the same slide. It won't show who has or has not contributed but it's easy to tell. I assign each student a slide with their name, if it's blank, I know they did not do the work. Also, Google has stopped notifying me when students turn in their work or post a comment. This is a known glitch.

• Reviewed on 26/06/2020
Frederico H.
Science Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/08/2019

"Google Classroom as a tool for support for the teaching and learning process"

Pros: The software improves teaching and learning process and allows greater interaction between students and teachers during the activities of different subjects. The use of the platform allows the mediation of the teacher and an active posture of the student, providing new forms of interaction between those involved through communication tools (chat, discussion forums), content creation, student management and information management.

Cons: The software is excellent, but the reality of most Brazilian public schools generates barriers that
make the use of this technology poorly practiced in elementary and high schools,
for example the lack of computer labs in schools or lagging laboratories
and with limited internet access

• Reviewed on 18/08/2019
Md A.
Coordinator
Higher Education, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2020

"The Second Classroom"

Comments: Google classroom is an excellent for both students and teachers. It offers fantastic organization which keeps students on board. It has a easy to read layout that helps you with work management. Overall this program is fantastic.

Pros: I love the simple layout of google classroom. There are tabs containing work that can be put in categories. It is up to the teacher on how they sort it is very personalized. Google classroom works through google drive so you can upload anything strait of your drive. This layout can also tell students when work is due with assignment dates you can schedule certain assignments to pop up at certain times keeping people from working ahead.

Cons: This software does not really notify when work is added or when work gets edited. Being a google product that runs off drive there are issues that pop up when you are not connected to and internet connection like docs and slides not saving.

• Reviewed on 08/10/2020
Priya C.
Public School Teacher
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2021

"Google Classroom, Educating our students successfully in a Global Pandemic"

Comments: I can teach, assign work, grade work, listen to students, offer feedback, post comments, and communicate with my students live.

Pros: Google Classroom is what has kept schools open virtually during this pandemic. We teach, learn. present materials, assign work, assess, and manage grades through this platform. Whether you support distance learning or not, it is crucial for everyone to know that Google Classroom has kept us connected. They have added features and applications based on teacher feedback. I could not make it better if I tried.

Cons: Google has updated all attendance, meet, tracking, and other apps based on teacher feedback. They have made it possible for us to teach, and for our students to learn at this time and stay safe.

• Reviewed on 16/02/2021
Grade 4 Teacher
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2019

"Best option for independent schools"

Pros: Admin setup and support is unmatched by other SMS providers. Very easy for new users to adopt and training provides. By educators, for educators.

Cons: Live support provided to admins only. But answers are easy to find online.

• Reviewed on 23/07/2019
Teaching Asistant
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 24/08/2019

"Very Easy Classroom Communication"

Pros: You can post the syllabus and other important documents for students who didn't show up on the first day of class and for those who lose these kinds of things frequently. You can post assignments and assignment prompts so that students can't use the excuse that they never got the assignment or otherwise. You can see which students have completed the assignment, which haven't. You can communicate with students through feedback on writing assignments. You can message them. It's simply the most efficient way of running a classroom outside the classroom.

Cons: I have no issues with this software. The fact that it's also free makes things that much better. Not having used it outside of a writing comp. course, however, I can't say whether or not it would be helpful in other class types.

• Reviewed on 24/08/2019
Ashleigh D.
Art Educator
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/07/2019

"Google Classroom Can't Be Beat!"

Comments: Overall, my experience is positive and I don't know what I would do without Google Classroom! It is so innovative and user-friendly!

Pros: When it comes to sharing information and managing submissions in one place, you can't beat Google Classroom! I found that this software allowed me to manage and test knowledge like I've never been able to before. I really like that many types of documents and applications can be shared in one place, and that linking my students together there is effortless. All ages can learn to utilize and even thrive in Google Classroom!

Cons: There isn't anything that I liked least about this software. It addresses all of my concerns and my students find it very user-friendly.

• Reviewed on 28/07/2019
Jacique S.
Managing Director
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2021

"Google Classroom: A Great Tool for Online School"

Comments: Overall my experience with Google Classroom has been awesome. This pandemic presented us with a number of challenges and Google Classroom was a solution for one. For this I am extremely grateful. I am definitely encouraging everyone to utilize this tool.

Pros: Google Classroom has so many positives. Google Classroom has allowed me to navigate virtual school with ease. The platform is extremely user friendly. You do not have to be a tech wiz to get the hang of GC. Additionally, I absolutely love that it allows users to keep track of all assignments and the deadlines. I also appreciate that there is the option to take roll by simply clicking present. Finally, Google Classroom makes turning in assignments an ease. I like that users are also given the option to communicate with teachers and teacher can give feedback on assignments via the comments section.

Cons: Since using Google Classroom I have had only positive experiences this far. The only thing I would suggest is adding dropbox as an option to upload files from.

• Reviewed on 29/03/2021
Tiffany R.
Classroom Teacher
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2019

"A Teacher’s Friend"

Comments: I use Google Classroom almost daily with my students. It’s a great resource to share documents, spreadsheets and post assignments. It is convenient for students that are absent, as they can log in from home or go back to view assignments upon returning to school. I have found that more and more apps are collaborating with Google Classroom, which is also convenient. Many other programs allow you to transfer class lists from Google Classroom, saving time in a busy teacher’s day!

Pros: I love google classroom! It is so convenient to assign work, share videos, post messages, and interact with students using this software.

Cons: I would like to be able to better customize the classroom visually. The stream can be a bit difficult for younger, less-tech savvy student to use.

• Reviewed on 19/11/2019
Paul F.
Technical Support Rep
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2019

"Easy Classroom Software"

Comments: Teachers loved how easy it was to use, and how it links up. Parents also thought it was easier to use as well which is a plus.

Pros: Like all google products very intuitive and pretty easy to use. I have very few support issues with this software for fellow teachers. Teachers seemed to love using it and was easy to assign class work and Test. They loved how it links up with the rest of the google software and google drive. Big surprise there but worth mentioning.

Cons: Teachers never had any complaints with the software other than it didn’t link up with their grade book software like Canvas does but it just wasn’t setup for that. Not sure if it can be done.

• Reviewed on 19/06/2019
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 08/07/2019

"Student That Loves Google Classroom"

Comments: It has made my schooling a lot simpler in terms of managing my assignments and due dates.

Pros: I mostly liked that I am able to keep track of my school work using google classroom. My teacher always was up to date on assignments and i wouldn’t get notifications for when something is due or when we have a new assignment and it is very simple to use as a student knowing that I had other classes and homework to manage as well. Love being able to make my school life a little easier with the help of google classroom!

Cons: Sometimes I needed to find a certain assignment and there is no search engine within the app to find a specific title.

• Reviewed on 08/07/2019
Elliot M.
Technology Technician
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/02/2021

"E-learning made easy"

Comments: Google Classroom is awesome.

Pros: Google Classroom has made e-learning a breeze for the teachers in my district. In addition to using it as a classroom, we use it as a bulletin board to post information for others to see such as announcements, bulletins, etc. it has really made a difference in how we communicate.

Cons: I dislike that it doesn’t allow the teacher to edit how guardians receive their messages. Sometimes it would be easier to set it up for them for the parents that are not technologically savvy; setting up the alerts or ensuring that at risk students stay behind would be great.

• Reviewed on 07/02/2021