• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.4 /5
    4.6 /5

About Notion

Notion is the all-in-one workspace for notes, projects, documents, and collaboration.

Learn more about Notion

Showing 25 reviews of 230

Freight Rate Analyst
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2020

"A great alternative to Asana"

Comments: I love Notion and have recommended it many times to collegues.

Pros: I've been using Notion in an Asana-like, task tracking mode. I keep it pulled up daily to make sure I get things done and can track the status of projects and tasks. But it can do SO MUCH MORE...

Cons: It can be a little bit tedious to get things set up in the beginning, but that is mostly due to the fact it is so flexible and expandable.

• Reviewed on 15/10/2020
CTO
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/08/2020

"The ultimate knowledge sharing tool"

Comments: I tried Notion first with it came out. I did not made the switch from Evernote, my personal "knowledge base" at the time. Then I gave it a second chance after seeing it being used by productivity experts and was actually amazed. My personal workflows changed from day one. I could not stop thinking into turning more parts of my life into ordered processes. I dumped my yearly account on Evernote right away. Then I pushed it to be used in my new founded company. We managed to organize ALL the company inside Notion. I continue to be impressed

Pros: The product is just right. They got it at a somewhat unexpectedly hard problem: note taking is not about note taking, but about mental models and processes. They got it right. They added the features those app needed, to replace whole tools categories such as project management and tracking, knowledge databases ... even no-code public site drafting! The care they put into the product is amazing, full of details. The community and templates, amazing. UX is great from onboarding.

Cons: There are some missing features. Mainly, an API to boost integrations; that will be great. Also, databases, formulas, relations ... need a few second-level yet-important features. All that is in the roadmap, so I'm happy to wait.

• Reviewed on 21/08/2020
Audrey R.
Manager of Design, Teaching and Learning with Technology
Higher Education, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 03/03/2020

"This app is an all-in-one that can be as simple or as complex as you need it to be."

Comments: I work at a University and Notion is free with an @edu account, so I feel very lucky to get to use this for free.
First off, it's super helpful that they provide templates for common things you might want to do organized by categories: Design, Education, Engineering, Human Resources, Marketing, Personal, and Product Management. It also provides a selection of user-created templates. Amazing! So, as a beginner, you can play around with a template to start learning the ropes and possibilities. And the possibilities are ENDLESS.
I think my first use case was to use the official Pokedex template that Notion provides. #nerd I play Pokemon Go, so I modified it to track my dex, but also keep track of the Luckies, Shinies, and trades I have lined up. I embarrassingly use this page the most. I created my own templates for Home Repairs (a CRM, Timeline, and budget) and Home Maintenance checklists for the entire year. I planned a trip that I shared with friends that included Places, Events, and Shopping Lists. And finally, have been trying to use it to replace my Google Spreadsheets for family finances and budgeting. Like I mentioned in the Cons, it's a bit tricky to get it set up exactly like I have it in spreadsheets, but I'm prone to overcomplicating things, so it's to be expected. I am at times thrown off by how slow it can become, but since the latest update that addresses this, I don't know that I've noticed the lagging anymore. I still am pretty motivated to keep using it.

Pros: - Pre-made templates, both official and user-generated
- Mostly intuitive (more complex relational database stuff requires more planning/experimentation)
- Kind of like a combination of Evernote, Google Docs/Spreadsheets, Trello, Journal, and website all integrated together. Plus all sorts of other things I haven't even tried yet.
- Customizable features like emoji and page banners
- Can import from Evernote, Asana, Trello, GDocs, Word, Dropbox, and other formats.
- Create teams to share pages with
- Can now create flowcharts, wireframes, and mind maps!

Cons: - Has been known to lag and slow down your device quite a bit. (However, a 2/2020 update may have fixed this.)
- Spreadsheets are a little tricker than what I'm used to when using Google Spreadsheets. I feel it takes more work to get the result/flexibility you might want.

• Reviewed on 03/03/2020
Theodore k. L.
Lead Designer/Developer
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 08/09/2020

"My Resource, Task and Workflow Dashboard of Choice"

Comments: In using Notion on a daily basis, it is a hub for my activities.

Pros: There is so much to like about Notion. From the ease of use to the abundance of data and input types. The relational database features are so powerful and intuitive. It's hard not to use it ... a huge part of my daily workflow.

Cons: Still waiting on a public facing API to expand the existing potential of Notion.

• Reviewed on 08/09/2020
Panos T.
Managing Director
Industrial Automation, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/04/2020

"The Swiss knife of collaboration and management software"

Comments: We are in a position to manage complex projects while including context information about the project and its elements in a non-intrusive manner. We can manage projects and at the same time update and expand the information we gather for various elements using one system. Magic!

Pros: The ability to have any type of process, project concept and issue managed by a team of people in a simple and easy to use platform with options to connect from a computer, mobile phone or tablet.

Cons: It does not have an external directory of templates where users can upload templates they develop for their own projects.

• Reviewed on 11/04/2020
Nic R.
Creative Director
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2019

"Everyone should have Notion"

Comments: Great. It's easy to use, simplistic and so satisfying to create pages and elements.

Pros: Everything. There is not one thing about Notion that I don't like. I use it everyday to track my development progress, networking groups, daily tasks, notes, website links, etc.

Cons: I have been sitting here for 10 minutes going through my Notion and trying to figure out what I don't like about the software... But there isn't, I love this product and I will gladly promote it to everyone who I think could benefit from it.

• Reviewed on 03/12/2019
Jason H.
Web Developer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2019

"Notion is a godsend! Amazing! Way more than it looks like!"

Comments: I've been using software for my entire life. I have extensively used every major OS, and I was one of the first people to own an iPhone with the App Store on it. In my opinion, this is the most meaningful and useful piece of software ever written. I'm not exaggerating, this software has more potential than anything I've ever used. You can seriously organize your life, business, and hobbies with this so easily. It's like having a $30,000 website custom developed for you in an afternoon. But better because you actually understand it!

Pros: It's easy to use, but still INSANELY rich in features.
It allows you to create custom databases, and display them in different places and different ways, very easily, all with point and click interfaces.
You can use it to set up a simple todo list, or you can make an extremely awesome company Intranet/Internal CRM or CMS from it.
It's like being able to make your own apps with zero programming needed.
If you like Evernote, this is that on steroids, and designed better too.

Cons: Almost every major thing I can think of is already being done well. The one thing it really needs, which I know is already on the horizon, is a public API for integrations. Once that is possible the possibilities with this app will be truly endless. One more small nitpick that comes to mind is being able to make links (to other pages, databases, etc) be a little bigger or have a thumbnail version that shows the picture (sort of how like gallery items show up).

• Reviewed on 29/05/2019
Victor F.
Student
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/12/2020

"Get your things done in one place"

Comments: The main reason I choose Notion is because I was tired of searching for a enormous list of applications to use just one functionality. So, with this in hands I am capable of use a lot of functionality from Google Drive (Storage and share files), from Trello (Project Managment), from Budget Track and many others tools without use them precisely.

Pros: Be capable of store and write resources that I will need in the future. It is easy to create relations between pages and therefore recover information

Cons: The block schema for writing sometimes is hard to handle, because often I need to insert a tag word to just write some different text type. Also, I am craving for more customization, like other fonts types

• Reviewed on 09/12/2020
Kaarel R.
Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2020

"Love the customisability"

Comments: Our company has built all of it's roadmaps on Notion and we often use it for noting and planning down company-wide events.

Pros: Notion is very flexible and lets you fully customise the structure of pages, cards and almost every feature that you can use.

Cons: The performance of Notion on a mobile device (Android at least) is lacking. It does not often open and you have to restart it to get it working.

• Reviewed on 20/02/2020
Daniel V.
Product Owner
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2020

"To be perfect it lacks only buttons, automations and integrations (with and without API)"

Comments: Exceptional. I really love the product and became one of it's fiercest advocates. But had to go to Coda since the GTD system I was trying to build required more integrations.

Pros: Notion has the best UX I have ever seen. Extremely friendly to use and fun to learn. Neat, clean, and powerful.

Cons: It could only get better if it had buttons, automations (time-triggered and event-triggered ) and integrations (2 way sync calendars, packs and APIs)

• Reviewed on 21/07/2020
Data Engineer
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/06/2020

"All-in-one project management tool!"

Comments: My overall experience with notion has been amazing. Setup was not too confusing at all and being able to use the product anywhere (even mobile) has been phenomenal.

Pros: I love notion because of its intuitive interface and cross platform capabilities. I can use it on my mac or on my phone and be able to easily work on various items that my team is working on and track their activity. It also allows me to store different types of files from PDF's to forms for data collection.

Cons: I least liked that notion's pricing model is confusing and it took me a while to actually understand the difference between the monthly and yearly pricing structure and how I was to be billed.

• Reviewed on 13/06/2020
Technical Support Specialist
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2019

"Nothing but love for Notion"

Pros: This thing is RIDICULOUSLY versatile. For work, we've moved our Kan Ban board over, our CRM, and general reference and operations materials. Notion is incredibly intuitive and works like it should. You can nest pages, create databases, use formulas in databases, and even link those databases. You can do anything with Notion!

Cons: The print view of Notion is pretty weak, but if you never need to print what's in there, you could just easily never leave.

Sung L.
product manager
Biotechnology, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/11/2020

"Notion is a great project management tool for your professional or personal life. Quick and easy."

Comments: Notion is a great project/task management software. It can be used for many things due to its flexibility (clean slate with various functions/features). It can take a little longer than other software to start off. However, once you master the basic, it is a powerful tool which can further expand.

Pros: Even the basic person of the software, which is free, the features and customization possible is amazing. With so many templates and fuctions avaible, you can customize notion into a tool for various use, from tracking travel, work schedule, learning tracking software, so many options.

Cons: With so many features, it can be somewhat overwhelming to use in the beginning. Maybe a tool tips or examples to show for certain features might be good to have as an option, which you can turn off later after you get used to the system.

• Reviewed on 28/11/2020
Pricilla C.
Inside Sales Support Specialist
  • Reviewed on 28/07/2020

"We like Notion"

Comments: Overall very good product. Visually brilliant. Not like any other software trying to do this right now.

Pros: It holds the keys to everything with organization being the point. It looks good and it feels good to use. Happy to have adopted it.

Cons: Sometimes learning how to utilize the full features is difficult. You have to sort of "play around" with it. Aslo using some indention's , bulleting and lists can prove to be difficult sometimes when entering data.

• Reviewed on 28/07/2020
Gabriel P.
Web Developer
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2020

"I'm in love Notion with Notion and I'm moving my personal info from Evernote"

Comments: I love Notion.. Its just simply amazing as a Evernote replacement. I love the Infinite hierarchy, #Markdown support and /Slash commands

Pros: All... It's amazing this product. At work i'm using months ago as a Wiki, Knowledge Base, Manuals... And days ago I'm moving all my personal notes from Evernote to it.

Cons: Currently it has problems with Evernote importing. I'm moving manually some notebooks, but most of my notes in Evernote were imported automatically.

• Reviewed on 02/04/2020
Flavio A.
Creative Director
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2019

"Amazing tool for documentation and collaboration"

Comments: Very happy with the product, which has now become our number one tool for documentation and collaboration.

Pros: We started using Notion a little while ago as a simple replacement for other products like Evernote, and it has now quickly become our number one tool for internal documentation, knowledge sharing and collaboration. It's intuitive, simple to use, includes a number of different templates for pages/documents and has tons of excellent features.

Cons: Not a major issue for us at the moment, but it would be great to get full offline support in the future.

• Reviewed on 25/09/2019
Product Strategy Intern
  • Reviewed on 19/09/2019

"All-in-one documentation solution"

Comments: I have recently started to use Notion and I am loving it. I don't have to toggle between apps anymore.

Pros: - Very savvy with the use of icons, images, and stickers
- mobile-friendly
- precompiled templates are very handy and a lot of thought has been put in creating the solution

Cons: - I am still adapting to this so I find a few things hard to navigate at the beginning
- The login is either through Google or email and wit email every time there is a unique code. The process is little too long

• Reviewed on 19/09/2019
Yamilee F.
creative director
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2019

"The best in productivity."

Comments: I love this service. I use it even as my address book. It is my blog, it is my directory of expenses and accesses, my life in notion.

Pros: This service is complete. Database, briefs, landing page. Wikis, formulas, whatever you can imagine, you can do it. It's simple, clean, I love its dark mode. You can write an article and share the link with other people and you would swear that it is the blog post. Isn't it great?

Cons: You should investigate a lot about certain functionalities, but once you drive it, everything will flow. If you use it, you love it, so the free limit will not be enough.

• Reviewed on 05/12/2019
Software Engineer
Medical Practice, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/08/2019

"Great software for personal use"

Comments: Notion is a platform you can keep all sorts of data about your teams and your personal life in an organized way.

Pros: The abundance of features for all kinds of note-keeping is the main draw of this software. Whether you want a ticket board, table, or a calendar, you can do all of that on this platform.

Cons: It lacks the functionality to save documents for offline use, which is a bit annoying when you travel.

• Reviewed on 25/08/2019
Designer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2020

"Deceptively Strong"

Comments: Overall Notion is very powerful and clean. Currently short on personal or calendar focused features, but Notion seems to be improving constantly.

Pros: Notion is EXTREMELY flexible and able to conquer most any productivity related task. Essentially it's an elaborate note taking program, but it's flexibility allows for task management, product guidelines, team bios, pretty much anything you can think of. Another big bonus for Notion is the online support. There are TONS of clean and easy to use guides for Notion.

Cons: My main issue with notion is the limitations on calendar events. So far as I can tell, there is no native Google Calendar integration. (Written May 2020) There also isn't any ability to assign reoccurring tasks. While this might not be a big issue for project boards, it can be a challenge for personal users looking for productivity management.

• Reviewed on 16/05/2020
Mersen G.
Sales Manager
Industrial Automation, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2020

"The best free productivity application out there!"

Pros: I really love the user-interface. Just the style of the layout of everything is appealing to the eye. The calendar scheduling function is my favorite thing about it. Having a good digital calendar interface is always important to me when looking for new productivity-enhancing software. The allowing of icons to be added to each task makes organising even easier and appealing.

Cons: The mobile version is rather slow when it comes to loading pages. The calendar interface that made me like the software in the first place is lacking on mobile. They opted for a plain and more condensed look instead of the PC version with little icons. This is understandable, but a bit of a let down.

• Reviewed on 23/10/2020
Nagela D.
Strategist
Market Research, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2020

"Believe The Hype"

Comments: Notion has been one fo the greatest tech discoveries of my life. This is not an exaggeration . I have omitted 5 other apps from my life by just relying on Notion.

Pros: Notion is the planning, doing, tracking equivalent of walking into and having free reign to purchase nearly anything I can get my hands on. Notion allows me to create workflows that match my thinking style. At first glance it looks like a a regular notes app but then you begin to dive into it and a whole wonderland options await you. This is planning and productivity YOUR WAY.

Cons: There is very little to dislike, my only slight gripe is the cost of going from a personal plan to a team plan is quite pricey. If Notion because the go to dashboard , resource place, calendar, and PM place for your team be aware for it to be the most effective you will need full seats per team member.

• Reviewed on 09/07/2020
Luis H.
Communications Associate
Consumer Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2019

"A step up from other like it"

Pros: - How easy to use it is once you get the hang of it.
- The possibility it has to hold accountable others with their trace.
- It has all-in-one integration, you can create pages, tables, text.

Cons: There's so much in it, that in the beginning, it is kind of difficult to get a hang of it. Once you have it figured out, it's a piece of cake.

Media Content Specialist
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/11/2020

"Good"

Comments: We used Notion for managing an online course with 25 students. It worked well as a central place for the syllabus and weekly assignments and supplementary materials.

Pros: The look of the workspace is very clean and easy for everyone to use for following along in our online course. I liked the ease of creating tables for organizing files for our class syllabus and supplementary materials. Selecting and updating the fields in the table is easy and straightforward. As instructors, it was great to have the feature of designating content that only instructors can see and what the students could see.

Cons: There wasn't an option for uploading documents to a centralized place for all collaborators to access. Our workaround was to use Google Form and Google Drive for uploading and then adding the links there.

• Reviewed on 18/11/2020
Motion Design Freelancer
Media Production, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 13/10/2020

"Best task management tool for small businesses"

Comments: First I was a bit overwhelmed by the complexity. Now It's my main task management tool and I use it almost daily.

Pros: Simple but complex at the same time. Very versatile tool. As a single user you can basically use it for free.

Cons: It takes some time to learn how notion works and to set up your own workspace. Calender functionality could be improved.

• Reviewed on 13/10/2020