15 years helping Singaporean businesses

About Notion

Notion is the all-in-one workspace for notes, projects, documents, and collaboration.

Learn more about Notion

Pros:

Furthermore, there are plenty of tutorials provided by Notion and they have an excellent support team. They really hear what the users ask and they frequently implement the requested features.

Cons:

Without recurring tasks and less task-oriented features it was a tough call to make. I wanted it to work so badly.

Notion ratings

4.3
4.4
4.6
4.6

8.9/10

Notion has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 2,121 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Notion before?

Filter reviews (2,120)

Nathani
Nathani
Proprietaria in Japan
Internet, Self Employed

The best management app!

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: I love the tool! Without a doubt, it's the best and most complete tool I've ever used.

Pros:

The way I can store information as I would in a computer folder.

Cons:

A little complex for beginners in management systems.

Juan
Multimedia Production Specialist in Honduras
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Managing and Finalizing projects Tool

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Having transparency was key for my company, and this was a great way of doing that. I felt a sense of gamification while tracking my progress in a project, and that motivated me.

Pros:

I can create my own templates, add only what I need for each of my projects which makes it easy to have everything well organized in one place, adding transparency for the whole team.

Cons:

It took me a day or two to understand how to use it, but it was definitely worth it.

Timo
Eigentürmer in Austria
Design, 2–10 Employees

Notion is Scam, STAY AWAY

1.0 last month New

Pros:

It's a great tool, I used it happily for many years. However, after purchasing pro, they scam you illegaly. Just read this https://www.reddit.com/r/Notion/comments/15uf2cw/follow_up_on_being_scammed_by_notion_part_2/, the same happened to me, and I paid 600 Euro for nothing, without warning, button, anything.

Cons:

It's a scam and the billing and support are absolute monsters.

Serge
Designer in UK
Design, 2–10 Employees

Notion help organise chaos

Comments: My overall experience with Notion has been transformative. It's a digital Swiss Army knife for task management—complex yet precise, and endlessly adaptable. Once past the initial learning phase, it feels like an extension of one's cognitive process, neatly organizing thoughts, tasks, and projects. Despite some minor drawbacks, Notion has been a cornerstone tool for personal organization and team collaboration.

Pros:

What I liked most about Notion is its unparalleled customization capabilities. It empowers you to build a personal or professional workspace tailored precisely to your needs. The blend of databases, kanban boards, wikis, calendars, and reminders all in one cohesive interface streamlines task management and promotes productivity. The collaborative features and real-time updates enhance team synergy, making it an invaluable tool for collective project management.

Cons:

What I liked least about Notion can be its steep learning curve for new users. The very flexibility that makes it powerful can also be overwhelming at first, and it may take time to fully leverage its capabilities.

Bob
Director in UK
Internet, Self Employed

The Most Flexible and Delightful Tool I Ever Found

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: I love Notion. Period. It's the beating heart of my business.

Pros:

It's like a lego set. You can can build anything you need. You can get everything out of your head and into a completely custom system. You can start simple and build as you learn. From day one as a note taking app. Day two for tasks and before you know if you've build a full blown business management suite.

Cons:

My only downside is that any system can fall into chaos. As a creative I can go overboard and build too much complexity. Take it from Bob - stay simple. You'll thank me. Just because you can build anything does not mean you should.

Public Relations & Communications, Self Employed

Best All-In-One Application

5.0 last month New

Comments: I absolutely love notion, and I recommend to those who struggle to be organized in their daily lives.

Pros:

There are so many reasons I love this platform, but truly, the ease of use is #1. It is so easy to set up different pages and databases, and I have no trouble switching between my laptop and my phone. I also love that there are so many FREE templates available that have been created by actual users. I use notion for my business, as a daily planner, and to track my budget. It has made my life 10x better.

Cons:

One con is learning the formulas. If you are setting up a notion page and you want to integrate more automation through formulas, then I definitely recommend you get a refresher on that skill set.

Renata
administration in UK
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

App to organise your schedules

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I wasn't sure what the app does in general. After digging into the pages and tools, I found it easier to manage the task than you think. I recommend it.

Pros:

The digital way to organise your day. For the person in transition, leaving the hand journal for a digital calendar is an easy way to start.

Cons:

I will be frank about the app. I prefer to use it on the laptop to make changes, add tasks, and easily organise my workspace. The app gets slightly confused with the tool to find editing.

Efren
Software developer in Mexico
Computer Software, Self Employed

The best note app

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: It’s really great and easy to use, you can ask it to make a synthesis of certain topics with AI, which makes it even better. All that for free

Pros:

I think it is really easy to start using it. If you are used to take notes, this is like another level, you can replace like 10 different apps with this only one and it could enhance the experience. You have a GUI for video, audio, write code, etc

Cons:

I think there is no really thing that I wouldn’t like, I think it could be nice if you could change the font, I haven’t found how to do it.

Indira
Postsales Service in Costa Rica
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Best app for task management

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

When I was at university, Notion was the best app to keep in order all the projects, homework, and exams. Instead of searching for deadlines and instructions in separate documents, I kept all the information centralized. It is very flexible and customizable. And you can use it on your computer and mobile devices.

Cons:

In the beginning, I had to search videos and documentation to use it. It is customizable as any other application, but for that reason, people need to create and configure its pages. If you don't want to customize it, you can use templates.

Higher Education, 501–1,000 Employees

The holy grail of organization

Comments: Notion is my second brain at home and at work. It has definitely improved my workflows and helped me organize all the different areas of my job, related resources, even scheduling, into one platform. It's not yet a full replacement for something like Evernote or Airtable, but it currently has the best of both those platforms, and I believe it will soon overtake them.

Pros:

I have used Notion for personal projects since it first came out. Recently I have started migrating my work documentation and databases to Notion, and I'm very impressed. The ease of setting up relational databases within notes is unmatched in any other software I've used.

Cons:

There are some small features that Notion does not yet excel at. Currently there is no way to view a calendar view of a database in any view other than month view, which is a small complaint. I know the Notion team is working on improving offline functionality as well, as it is pretty reliant on a steady Internet connection, which hasn't been a problem for me personally.

Jenny
Senior Workplace Experience Manager in US
Commercial Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Goodbye Google Docs, Hello Notion! - A story of a workplace leader

Comments: Pretty great thus far. As a workplace leader, our team uses Notion for our internal team to store office info for our various offices. Creating an office guide is extremely important for our culture, especially now with remote work. If anyone is traveling to an office and needs to know "where should I park? how do I get to the office? what is our lunch program?" all information is organized on Notion per office location. Employee experience is one of my biggest priorities, and Notion helps me organize all this information and keep our employees informed.

Pros:

Notion quite frankly does it all - it is an area to organize and store information, it provides a platform to collaborate with cross-functional partners, task-management for projects, plan internal events, ETC!

Cons:

At times, formatting text / pages can be difficult as a first time user, however once you get the hang of it its not too hard. I looked up a few youtube tutorial videos on how to format pages easier. Perhaps Notion could offer some instructional videos on formatting!

Design, Self Employed

I wish I had Notion in college

Comments: If I had a Notion in college, it's safe to say, I would've gotten better grades. Since discovering this product, I have been 100x more productive because I can customize my workspace to my exact needs in a friendly, aesthetically pleasing platform. In order to make Notion work for you, you need a creative and problem-solving mind, and a few days to learn it. That's where I have the most fun creating the templates and workflows, and my team members make me feel like a productivity wizard.Working with databases is seamless, integrations work great, and my notes look and feel amazing. I use Notion for my tracking and planning my daily life, as well as my small business. After setting up the templates and workflows, my team members rave about how easy and centralized the projects are. They even started to learn how to create templates and workflows of their own since being introduced to it.Despite the lack of advanced styling, I love having a digital workspace that caters to our exact needs.

Pros:

Notion is super easy to use, the interface is beautiful, and the possibilities are endless. I enjoy making templates that actually help me be more productive and get things done. There is also a native marketplace full of free and paid templates that I love getting inspiration from and experimenting with. Notion also has one of the most helpful and motivating communities where templates and productivity ideas are shared. I enjoy using this to organize my projects as a digital business.The pricing plans are reasonable, and they also offer credits when you complete certain tasks. It is best paired with Google Chrome Extensions. There are many extensions that make the Notion experience even better like customizing the theme colors, adding buttons, etc.

Cons:

My nit-picky con isn't all that important when it comes to productivity, but visually notion lacks native advanced customization. The downside of using Chrome Extensions to customize the look and feel of my notion pages is that it doesn't apply across browsers and on the desktop and mobile app. There's too much space around the margins, which can be valuable real estate for the page content. I also wish the page properties didn't take up half the page with the right side of it empty. I also wish that text could be aligned right and centered.Another downside I have is having to use Notion in Google Chrome most of the time to take advantage of the style customization extensions.

Nitin
Nitin
Senior Graphics Designer in India
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Exteremely affordable project management tool for freelancers and design agencies

Comments: Overall, it's a must tool for freelancers who are into designing businesses or working for multiple clients at once. I will not recommend you go for a team plan or enterprise plan until you have more team members.

Pros:

I loved their user interface where I can do anything from scribbling to creating doc task lists. Its quirky templates help me get my work done in a cool way as I am a designer and love creativity in my work. No more boring emails and assignments.One more thing is it's very affordable if you want to purchase an enterprise or team plan which exposes more team member access and a dedicated manager.

Cons:

Even if it's affordable, its paid plan doesn't have much for freelancers compared to the free plan of notion. More features make things complicated and sometimes heavy in terms of getting a quick overview.

Technical Office Engineer in Kuwait
Civil Engineering, 51–200 Employees

Notion drives productivity with its intuitive & powerful project management & planning capabilities.

Comments: Notion exceeds my expectations with its exceptional planning & collaboration tools, rich workspace management & build-up and facilitation towards steering our project progression towards completion. The utility has continuously assisted our engineering team in accomplishing multiple government & private construction projects since its implementation into our workplace.

Pros:

The ability to set up & customize my entire virtual workspace from a single platform is truly mind-boggling, & Notion does just that with its incredible multi-project management utilities to run our numerous construction projects without interruptions. The snappy performance & masterfully-crafted interface found on the web, mobile & desktop versions makes Notion one of the most versatile productivity applications out there. As a site engineer, it is my utmost priority to ensure resources are being efficiently utilized on site without causing any progress delays. Notion plays a crucial role in helping me organize & visualize my current & upcoming tasks as well as which ones require immediate attention to remain on track with the project schedule. Assigning workforce & performing reallocations is done easily using Notion & that helps me further optimize my workforce to drive progression in our project. Collaborating with our engineering crew to virtually meet & resolve several project obstacles have been one of the strongest use-case scenarios with this utility.

Cons:

I cannot think of a limitation encountered with the service. Notion catalyses my work & it's just perfect the way it is.

Jacek
Senior DevOps Engineer in Luxembourg
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

A little gem in the garden of productivity tools

Comments: We love it! Super fun to use, very powerful thanks to its flexibility. It requires some time and experience to design the structure and processes on how you want to use it, but then it can help solving many use cases in a small company.

Pros:

At the same time it's very simple and easy to use, but advanced and flexible. You can easily see that it was created by the people with high appreciation of good UX (User Experience) in software. You can shape it to become your note taking app, knowledge base, personal project management, company project management, budget planner, and so much more...

Cons:

The flexibility comes with the price - at certain moment it lacks the structure. Then, you can use it in so many different areas, that when you start using it in a specific domain, it starts to compete with bigger tools which will be always more advanced (as they are dedicated to one specific thing).Sometimes, it can be little slow when working on project with many pages.

Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Daily Use - Extremely Great For Documentation/Knowledge Base

Comments: It is a great product. We use it daily and it's our go-to tool for everyday use of reference or information storage.

Pros:

Being able to centrally store, categorize, navigate, search and share knowledge base. It is extremely important to store documentation for both internal use and the client in my current working model.

Cons:

The app is getting heavier and slower. What I like least about the product is that it is slows down considerably as more and more data or information are stored within. This is the main reason why I only store/share files with embedded links to my other cloud storage. This because even with just text, the user experience due to slowness is sometimes quite frustrating.

Sherryl
Student in New Zealand
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Notion just keeps getting better

Comments: Microsoft is trying to copy Notion via Loop, but I am a fierce loyalist and will not give up Notion for any competitor.

Pros:

Notion product development is top notch. New highly usable features keep getting rolled out.

Cons:

Although there’s a Notero work-around, I’d still like a Zotero seamless integration, please. Also, although embedded PDFs are very satisfactory, it will be amazing if users can annotate PDFs within Notion.

Eshaan
Product Designer in India
Internet, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Best Life OS there is

Comments: It's absolutely brilliant. I love the product, and love taking inspiration from other people who are using the product. There a many open source templates that you can use and organize your life on top of them.

Pros:

I first started using Notion at my workplace, where we had all our documentation in the notion workspace. It was really easy and inspiring to go thru the documents across company functions. Notion is the best thought organizer there is. Its easy to use and has excellent compatibility with other tools as well. I plan my holidays, website content, design system, documentation, etc all in notion. Special shout out to its Tables Construct which is by far the most amazing scalable piece of the software. Its got kanban view and gallery. All of which accommodate my keeps to a large extend.

Cons:

The mobile app isn't optimized enough yet. It's a bit slow even on newer phones.

Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Great versatile tool for businesses and personal use

Comments: We use Notion for a lot within our org, but mainly knowledge management. It's easy to organize and find your documents and document your processes to share with your team as a central hub. One of my favorite tools out there and indispensable really.

Pros:

The best thing about Notion is its flexibility, that you can customize it to work as almost anything in your day to day, whether its note taking, documentation, knowledge storing or anything else.

Cons:

Task management and collaboration can be improved, especially task management needs to get a big upgrade to be able to replace dedicated task management softwares for larger teams. Notion's big benefit, its customization abilities holds it back because although there's hundreds of templates, you do have to set it up and really educate your team on how to use it within your own organization's context, something dedicated task management solutions do for you. I never have to worry if someone "gets" Asana, but if I were to replace Asana with Notion I'd have to really educate my team on how to properly use Notion and all its tools. It's a fine balance to strike but overall Notion is doing a great job at it.

Emilio
SEO in Spain
E-Learning, Self Employed

A Comprehensive Productivity and Organizational Tool for Individuals and Teams

Comments: Overall, Notion is a comprehensive and flexible productivity and organizational tool that can be very useful for students and professionals alike. While it does have a few limitations, it is well worth considering for anyone looking to improve their productivity and organization.

Pros:

Notion is a comprehensive productivity and organizational tool that is gaining popularity among students and professionals alike. As someone who has used Notion extensively, I can speak to the many pros and a few cons of this platform.One of the standout features of Notion is its flexibility and versatility. It can be used as a note-taking app, task manager, project management tool, and much more. It also offers a wide range of formatting options and the ability to insert images and other media into notes, which can be very useful for students and professionals alike. Notion also offers excellent cross-platform support, with apps available for all major desktop and mobile operating systems.Another key advantage of Notion is its robust search function, which makes it easy to find specific notes or information within your notebooks. This can be especially helpful for users with large collections of notes or those who need to frequently reference past notes. Notion also offers robust collaboration features, including the ability to share notes and notebooks with others and work on them together in real-time.

Cons:

One issue is that the free version of Notion is somewhat limited in terms of features and storage space. Users who want access to all of the platform's features and a larger storage allotment will need to upgrade to a paid subscription. Additionally, Notion's interface can be somewhat cluttered and overwhelming for some users, which can make it more difficult to navigate and use. Finally, some users have reported performance issues with the Notion app on certain devices, which can be frustrating.

Director in India
E-Learning, 11–50 Employees

Review of Notion

Pros:

Notion is a popular all-in-one productivity tool that has gained popularity for its flexibility and versatility. Here are some of the pros of using Notion:Customizability: Notion is a highly customizable tool that can be tailored to fit the unique needs of individuals or teams. You can create and organize pages, databases, and tasks in various formats, including tables, lists, boards, and calendars, among others.Collaboration: Notion makes it easy to collaborate with others by allowing you to share pages and databases with others, comment on specific elements, and assign tasks to team members.Centralized Information: Notion allows you to keep all your information in one place. You can store your notes, tasks, calendars, documents, and more in a single location, making it easier to access and manage your work.Integration with other tools: Notion integrates with many other productivity tools, such as Google Drive, Trello, and Slack, allowing you to streamline your workflow and reduce the need to switch between different tools.Accessibility: Notion is available on multiple platforms, including desktop, mobile, and web. This means you can access your work from anywhere, at any time, and on any device.Cost-effective: Notion offers a free plan that includes many essential features, including unlimited pages and access to all basic blocks. For more advanced features, the paid plans are very affordable.

Cons:

While Notion is a versatile and powerful productivity tool, it's not without its limitations. Here are some of the cons of using Notion:Steep learning curve: Notion has a lot of features and capabilities, which can be overwhelming for new users. It can take some time to learn how to use the tool effectively, and there is a learning curve involved.Performance issues: Notion can be slow to load, especially when working with large databases or pages with many elements. This can be frustrating and may slow down your workflow.Limited formatting options: While Notion is highly customizable, it does have some limitations when it comes to formatting options. Some users find the formatting options to be insufficient or not as flexible as other productivity tools.Limited mobile functionality: While Notion is available on mobile devices, the mobile app has some limitations compared to the desktop version. Some features may not be available on mobile, and the interface can be harder to use on smaller screens.Privacy concerns: Notion stores your data on its servers, which may raise privacy concerns for some users. While Notion has implemented strong security measures to protect your data, some users may prefer to keep their data on their local machines.

Elijah
Elijah
Automation Engineer in US
Financial Services, 5,001–10,000 Employees

An all-in-one tool to get organized and be more productive.

Comments: Notion is an all-in-one tool that can be used to organize and manage any type of information, from notes and to-do lists to projects and databases. The ability to customize the tool to my needs is a huge plus, as is the ability to collaborate in real time with other users.

Pros:

What I like most about Notion is its ability to adapt to my needs and the way I work. The user interface is very intuitive and customizable, allowing me to organize my information the way I prefer. Another thing I like about Notion is its ability to be used as a database. This is especially useful for me, since I can create databases for projects, tasks, contacts, and whatever else I need. The ability to search, filter, and sort information efficiently and effectively is a huge plus for me, as I can quickly find what I need.

Cons:

I would say the learning curve can be a bit steep at first. There are many functions and features in Notion, and it can take a while to figure out how to use them all effectively. Also, while the free version of Notion offers many useful features, there are some limitations in terms of storage and number of users that may be a problem for some individuals and businesses.

Robert
Robert
CEO in UK
Internet, 2–10 Employees

All-in-one

Comments: Fantastic experience overall and has made many of our business processes much leaner.

Pros:

Notion can be used in almost any way you want. It's a note-taking, project-planning, task completing superstar and should probably be part of your software stack. We run most of our company through Notion and have no intention of moving to anything else for the foreseeable future.

Cons:

It takes a short while to get up to speed with what Notion can do and that can be tricky for new starters.

Jordan
Co-Founder in US
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Notion is our lifeblood

Comments: Overall, I'm super happy with Notion. I use it literally every day and depend on it a great deal. Would recommend to other startup founders and small businesses.

Pros:

Notion makes organizing our entire company generally easier. We use the tools for taking notes during external calls, documenting our code, writing the employee handbook, and planning our product roadmap. Notion makes it super easy to spin up pages and organize them based on their respective topics. The ability to also nestle in any relevant content on a page is super helpful for building pages around sales or partnerships - they become fully contextual.

Cons:

What is tough about Notion is that it can be hard to get going. I at first was apprehensive to the tool because initially it's very confusing. Once the onboarding and UX is fully smoothed out, everyone will be on it. Once overcoming the initial hurdle though and you learn to "speak the Notion language" it'll change your life.

Sarah
Creative Director in US
Design, Self Employed

AMAZING software for any industry or individual!!

4.0 last month New

Comments: I used Notion for a presentation at work and it kept me on track and organized!

Pros:

I use one account for business and personal - and it's totally free!! I keep track of budgets, manage projects, and even keep grocery lists. I love how many cool features it has to help you do anything from planning social posts to writing presentations.

Cons:

I don't have any qualms. There was a bit of a learning curve for using the interface and figuring out how to utilize certain features and templates, but otherwise no issues!!!!