RUN Powered by ADP Reviews

• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.4 /5

About RUN Powered by ADP

RUN simplifies payroll and HR with a comprehensive set of easy-to-use tools, all backed by ADPs small business expertise.

Learn more about RUN Powered by ADP

Cleo S.
HR Specialist
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2020

"Great payroll platform!"

Comments: Overall, my experience with RUN Powered by ADP has been great. They provide good customer service support, especially if you use the Workers' Compensation services.

Pros: I've been using ADP for more than two years now. We switched to ADP from Paychex, and I can say it was a smart decision. RUN Powered by ADP is friendly to use. The onboarding process is quick and easy, and the payroll processing feature is complete.

Cons: The only thing that I believe ADP could improve is its pricing for extra features. The basic bundle is complete, but if you want to add features (i.e. child support options for employees) you have to switch to higher bundles.

by ADP on 24/08/2020

Cleo,

We are thrilled to hear of your positive experience beginning at on boarding and on to running payroll with ease! We value your partnership and appreciate your feedback.

-Your RUN? Service Team

• Reviewed on 14/07/2020
Tim B.
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2018

"A great way to do payroll by a trusted company"

Pros: We have used ADP for a long time at my current company and at previous companies I have worked for. Knowing that ADP created this program gives us peace of mind we don't get with smaller programs or companies. We know that if there is an issue, ADP is there to help us fix it and our dedicated account representative is always checking up on us. The ability to check previous years is great and we are able to keep all of our hire/fire paperwork organized in one place which is great.

Cons: The biggest issue we have run into is that you have to make sure you do payroll right the first time. If you submit payroll and have any issues that need to be fixed or you miss your deadline then there are charges for getting your issue resolved. The fee is understandable and has made us a lot more careful about what we do. Just make sure you triple check before submitting if you don't already.

• Reviewed on 10/04/2018
Garrett S.
Junior Editor
Entertainment, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/04/2019

"A few rough edges"

Pros: It's great having a platform to check my daily punches, pay statements, and time off requests. I can always trust that my requests will go where they need to without needing to follow up in a separate email.

Cons: There have been times where the website has been late recognizing my morning punch in, which has led to some confusion with my manager. Navigation on the mobile app feels a little counter intuitive compared to the main website, namely with pulling up my full time card; it would be great if the Clock page on the app had a shorcut to jump straight to the Time card page so I could easily access the full breakdown of my hours. Also, though this is a small nitpick, the fact that the login page doesn't offer a simple prompt to re-enter your password drives me just a little nuts.

• Reviewed on 01/04/2019
Craig B.
Accountant
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2020

"Decent product"

Pros: Ease of use, well respected company. Good PTO tracking.

Cons: The product is very expensive and does not integrate easily with QBO.

by ADP on 24/02/2020

Craig,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about RUN Powered by ADP?. We are thrilled to hear you find RUN? "Easy to use".
We appreciate and value your feedback regarding your Quick books integration. Here at ADP?, we are continuously improving our features based on your feedback.

• Reviewed on 14/02/2020
Andrea M.
FINANCIAL ADMINISTRATOR
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/09/2019

"ADP works for us"

Pros: Our office is a small office of only 21 people. ADP works wonderfully for us. ADP offers so many services like direct deposit, wage garnishment, easy tracking of sick das & vacation days. Paychecks are delivered the very next day. ADP's customer service is great!!

Cons: The price ADP charges is considerably higher than other payroll companies. ADP does offer a lot w/the multiple services that they offer though. Not sure if its really worth the money we pay only because we do NOT utilize all of the services.

by ADP on 11/09/2019

Andrea,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of RUN Powered by ADP?.

We are thrilled to hear that RUN Powered by ADP? provides you with ease of use and top notch customer service, so that you can focus on the things that matter most!

We appreciate your valuable insights!

-Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

• Reviewed on 05/09/2019
Tiffany C.
Hospital Administrator
Veterinary, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/12/2020

"Horrible Customer Service and Clunky Software"

Comments: Overall, the payroll portion was easy to use, easy to run, and reports were adequate. For the price, we felt that the features were lacking and difficult to setup. Customer service was a joke and it took to long to get a returned answer.

Pros: The sales team over promised and then disappeared after we installed the software. The features that were available were so/so and appeared to be clunky. To process payroll was adequate and easy to operate. Reports were fine and gave me everything that I needed to easily enter payroll into our accounting software.

Cons: The HR features that we had tied to the payroll were a joke. Expert HR was nothing more than a phone call to someone that would then transfer you to someone else, that would then transfer you to someone else, and by the time it was over you forgot your question.

by ADP on 04/01/2021

Tiffany,

We welcome all feedback to ensure RUN? Powered by ADP continues to empower small businesses to more efficiently manage their payroll and HCM needs.

We are sorry to hear of your experience with RUN? and will pass along this feedback to our Product & Sales Teams. We are always working to enhance RUN? and delight our users.

Your feedback is very important to us here at ADP so we thank you for the review.

• Reviewed on 28/12/2020
Meghan R.
Accounting/Finance
Environmental Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/04/2019

"Amongst the Greatest"

Comments: All tax information, law updates, benefits.....all in one spot. A little more costly then others, but you get what you pay for - great software!

Pros: Ease of use. Super easy to get anything/everything you need at the click of a button

Cons: When implementing the yearly merit reviews there was several outages which caused a number of employees information to be deleted and then in turn caused delays in increases/raises.

• Reviewed on 15/04/2019
CEO/Founder
  • Reviewed on 24/04/2018

"We utilize ADP Run to process our payroll for our remote workforce."

Pros: 1. It is the only affordable payroll software that we could find that works with remote timekeeping systems.
2. Their customer service line is incredibly helpful!

Cons: 1. Unfortunately, the sales accountant reps have no power to get things done when their is trouble with payroll. So, you must take action in your own hands for any difficult situations that may arise.

• Reviewed on 24/04/2018
Aaron C.
Recruiter
Pharmaceuticals
    3.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2016

"HR Generalist operating as an administrator"

Pros: ADP offers a diverse portfolio of products and services to meet just about any need a company has. They can integrate complicated systems and processes, and even offer managed services if needed.

Cons: Because ADP can tailor and cater to meet a wide variety of client needs/wants, it's difficult to know what pieces are important for us and how to best setup those components. That makes starting modules somewhat challenging, but if the company knows exactly what they want and how they want it, ADP is able to provided targeted solutions.

• Reviewed on 19/02/2016
Karen Z.
HR Administrator
Insurance, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2017

"Fantastic Support Staff - Very User-Friendly Software. I could not do my job without this app."

Comments: Allows for a one person operation in an office that supports 300+ employees with operations in 18 various state around the US. Payroll, HR, Benefits, 401k, Time & Attendance, Recruiting and Compliance, these applications do it all.

Pros: The people who support the software - and it's ease of use. It's an all-in-one package that integrates so well with other applications.

Nicole E.
Community Assistant
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/02/2019

"ADP is great!"

Comments: My job uses ADP to clock in/out. We love it.

Pros: ADP is great because it allows me to clock-in and clock-out from work on the go using the app. It also shows me my paycheck amount before it comes to my account.

Cons: I have no dislikes with ADP. Businesses should use this for clock in/out purposes.

• Reviewed on 05/02/2019
Carol A.
Practice Administrator
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2017

"Our conversion from ADP Workforce to Run ADP has a little hectic but now ADP offers so much value."

Comments: I like running my own payroll, making HR changes quickly and using employee wizard handbook wizard to customize a plan for CCPED. ADP Run processes our health benefits, retirement options and workers comp questions.

Pros: Inclusions like HR support, Tax forms, Time Management, and HR411 are customizable features that I was not taking full advantage of until recently.

Cons: I ran into a few problems with new employee setup and mobile access (case submitted and solved) either through phone or online support .

Charles B.
HR
Warehousing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/08/2017

"need to get some info and change a couple employees status"

Comments: i get the info i need a lot fast then my last payroll company

Pros: easy to get through, i like the new lay out, I get the reports a lot faster.
it easy to change info for the employees

Cons: the only Con that i have is that the software keeps changing and looks to be getting better but I sometimes I get lost

• Reviewed on 18/08/2017
Melissa W.
Patient Care Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 04/06/2018

"ADP is a good choice for small businesses"

Pros: The software is pretty easy to use, set up took no time at all, saves time in office for our office manager to get daily tasks taken care of.

Cons: The software itself is a little dated. Feel like we are sometimes overloaded with sales calls from the company.

• Reviewed on 04/06/2018
Sales
Sports, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/09/2019

"Its good if you have budget"

Comments: I used to work for ADP so I knew the ins and outs of the product. I felt bad knowing that we were always so expensive especially if the consumer didnt need the bells and whistles.

Pros: That its super user-friendly and has every business function. It is pricy for what you get and compared to the market though

Cons: So pricey! Some businesses dont need all of the functions. I do see value in it though if you have over 10 employees but if you have under defiantly get another more affordable product.

by ADP on 01/10/2019

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of RUN Powered by ADP?!

We are pleased to hear that you find RUN Powered by ADP? to be easy and efficient. However, we would love to connect with you regarding your feedback on pricing and features. Your RUN Service Team looks forward to hearing from you!

• Reviewed on 27/09/2019
Kenneth M.
COO
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2018

"ADP for Small Business Payroll Processing is the Way to Go"

Comments: Customer service and processing has been flawless with ADP. They did all the coordinating of swtiching from the previous processor and actually found errors in tax accounting through the old processor but corrected everything for us and worked with the company bookkeeper to ensure our QB was updated properly. We have also linked our workers compensation insurance through their processing and this is adjsted monthly based on pay instead of having to pay premiums on an annual basis.

Pros: Customer service and support is probably the best feature of choosing ADP for payroll processing. Swtiching over recently was probably the best decision that the company made this past year. In addition, we are saving $10/month on payroll processing since we have swtiched.

Cons: We have found no cons with using ADP payroll processing yet. We have only been using it since September so we may find a negative to it, but currently have not identiifed any shortfalls when compared to our previous processor.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2018
Ramesh S.
Financial Manager
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2017

"I am using "pay at work" software from the last at least 10 years. from my experience it works well"

Comments: TIMELY AND ACCURATE REPORT. BENEFIT DEDUCTIONS SET UP AND CALCULATION AND REPOTS OF YOUR CHOICE FOR EXAMPLE WSIB REPORT ARE GREAT HELP,

Pros: I like most of the software , it is easy to use and user friendly. once you go through the tutorial you are familiar with the main steps. Chances of making mistakes are less because you can preview the reports before processing the payroll. Technical help (Remote Support) is a great help when you need.

Cons: Installing the up dates of add ups and digital certificates . Some times giving the problem of preview the reports. To up date the internet explorer options is a bit problem for me.

Software Support Technician
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2018

"Definitely an easier software to see your paystubs and request time off"

Comments: More knowledge on how all types of software work.

Pros: The ability to request time-off, see your pay stub, and see your acquired pto all in one place without having to email or directly ask your HR or payroll person was definitely a huge win in my book.

Cons: The only con I have and had experienced was logging in issue but I believe that was an internal thing at the time.

• Reviewed on 09/01/2018
Michelle T.
Front desk associate
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/06/2018

"It's easy to use and shows you everything you need to know from Pay statements to your clock ins!"

Comments: It's eash to use at work for clocking in and out! I can also make sure my hours worked are calculated correctly and that I don't have any missed punch ins.

Pros: I like that it breaks down my paycheck and shows everything that is taken out. Also, I can easily see if I'm currently clocked in or not at work.

Cons: I use the ADP app on my phone to clock in to work and it's great for the most part but I do have issues when I'm at work it won't let me clock in because it's looking for a location. So I have to walk around until it picks up the location.

• Reviewed on 05/06/2018
Carlos V.
Provisioning
Telecommunications
  • Reviewed on 09/09/2016

"Who says you need HR, when you have ADP at your fingertips!"

Pros: Not because they're in charge of my pay, but this is an awesome software. You can literally enter/request just about anything here without having to tell your Manager/HR. If you are afraid/shy asking your boss about some time off, just go ahead and do it behind your computer with ADP. Did I also mention that, ADP portal, is user friendly! I highly recommend this to every employer.

Cons: There is really nothing that I can say, that I do not like. Is pretty fantastic.

• Reviewed on 09/09/2016
Greg M.
Administrator
  • Reviewed on 21/06/2018

"Easy to use software. Ability to enter payroll data from handscanner equipment"

Pros: I like the ADP payroll system frequently to check on my staff punch in/out. It is very easy to use. I am so glad that I now have the ability to process my payroll remotely. It allows me to not have to plan my vacations around payroll processing. The payroll register, payroll summary and statistical summary reports are very informative and accurate. Customer service is efficient and helpful.

Cons: Shift differential issues. System does not restart after windows updates, restart needs to be done manually.

• Reviewed on 21/06/2018
Corey M.
Senior Solutions Architect
Retail, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2018

"Easy Payroll"

Pros: Doing payroll and managing the employees takes little of my time over the month thanks to this app. We also use a physical time clock that feeds the application. I can correct any issues before doing payroll. It also ties into our Xero accounting and puts all the different taxes in the right accounts. Finally, the Doc Vault is a great safe place to store employee documents.

Cons: I have had a few issue with their sales/support person, but since then she has been replaced and service has been good.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2018
Ndidi A.
Executive Director
Mental Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/11/2018

"ADP"

Comments: Since using ADP, processing payroll has been a breeze. It has also been extremely easy not having to worry about sending in my own payroll taxes to the government.

Pros: I love using ADP to process payroll for my small company. The thing I love most about it is that I have the option of processing payroll from their site, on my own, without calling anyone.

Cons: I don't understand a lot of the tax documents they put on my account and there isn't much literature about the documents on their site in order to learn more.

• Reviewed on 18/11/2018
Jesse G.
Accounting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/08/2020

"Good option for some, but some other options may be better for many"

Comments: Whether it's a fit depends on many factors, but we'd recommend comparing it with Gusto to see which is best for you.

Pros: It works. Broad feature set: it can handle almost all common scenarios, and a few more. It's not that hard to use/learn, especially for professional bookkeepers/accountants, but even for untrained users -- not crazy difficult. Plus, it's the leader in the space.

Cons: Gusto's interface is more user-friendly than ADP. Plus, other options (such as Gusto) may be more cost effective depending on many factors (e.g. # of employees).

by ADP on 18/09/2020

Thank you for your feedback on RUN Powered by ADP?!

We are happy to hear that RUN? offers you features and functionality that are easy to use and efficient!

We value your partnership on your human capital management needs.

• Reviewed on 13/08/2020
Tami O.
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/08/2017

"So easy to do payroll!"

Pros: The software is totally intuitive. I have no problem finding exactly what I need quickly and easily. I love the reports function, and I find great value in my employees ability to access their past pay stubs online without having to ask me.

Cons: Unfortunately, the program will allow me to over extend sick/personal/vacation time even though the employee doesn't have any in their bank and doesn't notify me until after the payroll process has been completed.

• Reviewed on 07/08/2017