15 years helping Singaporean businesses

RUN Powered by ADP Reviews

About RUN Powered by ADP

RUN simplifies payroll and HR with a comprehensive set of easy-to-use tools, all backed by ADPs small business expertise.

Learn more about RUN Powered by ADP

Pros:

Customer service is pretty quick to respond by chat or email. It has every feature I need, including customized deductions.

Cons:

I kept getting charged for things after cancellation.

RUN Powered by ADP ratings

4.4
4.3
4.4
4.2

8.3/10

RUN Powered by ADP has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 776 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used RUN Powered by ADP before?

Jeremy
Jeremy
Franchisee in US
Consumer Services, 201–500 Employees

Powerful Enough for Large Companies

Comments: Paying employees weekly or biweekly has been simplified.

Pros:

I've used a few payroll companies during my time but ADP always seems to be the most dependable and reliable.

Cons:

With convenience is going to come cost. However, the newer level additions have made programs more customizable and tailored to individual business owners.

4 years ago

Jeremy, How wonderful to hear that both our top notch RUN? Service Team and our powerful payroll engine provide you with features tailored to YOU. We appreciate you entrusting us with your partnership on your human capital management needs. -Your RUN? Service Team

Katrina
Katrina
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

RUN is a great, easy-to-use payroll solution

Comments: Having a sales rep available to respond to my inquiries is a huge convenience. The supplementary data and reports are appreciated, as well. I appreciate that your costs are less than those of similar businesses.

Pros:

RUN powered by ADP has numerous benefits, but the fact that it gives workers access to their data and the ability to modify it is my favorite feature. One's contact info, W-2 withholdings, and payment options can all be changed. This frees up a lot of my time, which I can then use toward more pressing matters, like making sure everyone is paid.

Cons:

It bothers me that the technology isn't as cutting-edge as the retail ADP. I also have experience in retail, where I find that updating information is less of a hassle than in wholesale.

2 months ago

Katrina, thank you for your review. We love hearing that our product delivers for you. We strive to offer the best possible experience for our clients, and your feedback about the Wholesale experience has been shared internally.   -Your RUN Team

Melissa
HR Generalist in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Ease of use & efficient for small companies

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: It has been good thus far, but as we are growing, we'd like to look into something more integrated.

Pros:

Easy to add PTO and view schedules, track requests, and assign managers. The customer service is great, easy chat option available

Cons:

Reports could be more customized, does not sync PTO time with Google Calender

Melody
Owner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Quit ADP because of their "security"

Comments: So, when I decided to leave ADP, they didn't file my quarter 1 even though I changed right at the end of quarter 1. Thus resulting in my filings being late, late fines, headaches, etc. I would not recommend ADP to anyone I care about.

Pros:

ADP has some positives. Their customer service is always polite and helpful. Otherwise, hard for me to say much positive.

Cons:

ADP must be the only software company in the world that hasn't resolved what is a very simple issue. If one of my employees forgot their password and could not log in to see their paystubs, I, the administrator, had to call ADP to get it resolved. Their is no option for employees to call customer service themselves to fix it. ADP always stated that this was for "security reasons," which I find hard to believe, as every other company has figured this out. I kept ranting at them and finally they gave me a code to give to any employee that was locked out to prove they had permission to see their paystubs. Next time it happened, I gave the code to the employee, and ADP still called me to make sure they had permission. That was the last straw! I am a business owner and administrator, my time is too valuable to be calling them all the time when this is absolutely resolvable.

5 years ago

Melody, We apologize for your frustrations with your experience during your time with us. Security is front and center in what we do to ensure the safety of your company and your employee's data. Your feedback is very important to us here at ADP so we thank you for the review. The RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Staci
Business Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Very good!

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I've used Run for many years. It's a great program and easy to use. Reporting is quick as well.

Cons:

I have zero complaints, works well. Very easy to use

Melinda
Executive Director, CFO in US
Automotive, 11–50 Employees

Great software

Comments: My overall experience with ADP RUN was phenomenal, not only because I loved the user-friendly site that made my life as the administrator so much easier, but the customer service I received was top-notch! I had my own personal representative every step of the way. Any time I needed anything and reached out whether it was via email, text, or phone I would get an immediate response. I loved RUN so much that I made multiple referrals to them. Did you know that you can earn gift cards that you can use anywhere when you refer someone who signs up with ADP?! And each time you refer another person/business the amount of the gift card increases!!

Pros:

What I like most about the ADP RUN software is how user-friendly it is. You can literally be a first-time user with no instruction at all and successfully execute any task. The way the site is laid out makes it very easy to find what you're looking for. If you're not 100% sure what it is that you need but you have an idea you can even type a keyword into the search and all of the options associated with that word will pop up and trust me, you'll answer will be there!

Cons:

The thing that I liked least about ADP Software was the GPS tracking feature. It does offer a feature that will show you the location of the employee when they clock in and out but that's it. For my business I really needed more out of this feature like geo-fencing for each job location and for me to be able to get an alert if the employee clocked in/out outside of the job location. ADP RUN does not offer those additional features.

2 years ago

Melinda, Thank you for taking the time to post this review of RUN Powered by ADP?. How wonderful to hear that RUN? provides you with the information and access you require at your fingertips, empowering you to focus on your business! We appreciate your valuable insights! -Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Jennifer
Office Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Payroll Made Easy

Comments: My account manager is excellent. He is always responds quickly to any questions or problems I may have. It makes payroll simple.

Pros:

It makes my job much easier. This gives me time to work on other projects.

Cons:

There really isn't anything that I don't like about RUN.

2 months ago

Hi Jennifer, thank you for your review of RUN. We love hearing that RUN delivers for you. We strive to add value through our services and give you time to focus on your day-to-day business.   -Your RUN Team

Mental Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Great!

Comments: I love all features available to me and it is worth the price.

Pros:

Support from customer service. They actually expressed wanting to work with me. Went out of their way to get me started.

Cons:

Nothing. I have honestly been impressed.

Owen
HR Manager in US

Good service, but expensive

4.0 last month New

Pros:

Overall, I'm satisfied with the ADP payroll service. I've used many of the payroll services on the market (ADP, Paycheck, Heartland, Patriot). I think ADP is one of the better ones. The reporting interface is super easy to use, and their direct deposit is the best among competitors. By that, I mean the required deposit dates, in order to make payroll processing, you just need 1 day in advance to get the money ready in your account, everyone else need minimum 3 days.

Cons:

One of the pricer options among competitors. I ran weekly payroll for 8 - 10 employees, with a big discount, it costs me about $75-$90 per payroll. in comparison, Patriot only costs around $65 per month (4-5 payrolls)! One other thing to consider is (this is true to all payroll service companies), that your salesperson probably won't be there for too long, other words, once they sign you up, they will pretty much disappear, good luck getting any support from them, every time you ask for help, they'll just refer to customer service 800 number. it makes you feel like, you're on your own.

Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Good solution but consider other options

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

I found it easy to sign up for and get help from the sales representative

Cons:

Once I signed up and used it for a few months, I found it a bit complex. After using a different tool for payroll, I think ADP has a chance to improve their user interface and make it easier for business owners to understand payroll and taxes

Lynnette
Treasurer in US
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

Run Powered by ADP

Comments: I am glad to see that more attention has been given to the app. I used to have a lot of frustration with the app and have not seen as many problems as in the past. Please continue making improvements to the app!

Pros:

It does the work of payroll for you! Storing a template for payroll, paying taxes for our business, easy to use reporting are just a few of the extremely helpful things Run ADP does. Love the app that is available!

Cons:

When I to the Time Management area and it comes up in another screen, I find it very annoying that I cannot easily return to the Run program. Once I sign out of Time Management and try to go back to Run, it says I am not authorized to view this page. Would be very nice to return to Run without having to sign back in.

5 years ago

Lynnette, Thank you for providing this valuable feedback about your experience with RUN Powered by ADP?! We are pleased to hear you find RUN Powered by ADP? to be easy and efficient, especially the mobile app that allows for on demand access! I will relay your login access feedback to our Product Team for further review. We thank you for your valued partnership and appreciate your insights! - Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Payroll Taxes

Comments: It is not different than Paychex. Just big corporate software. It works well, but if you have a problem you are working with giant companies. Not sure with Paychex, but ADP customer service was horrific.

Pros:

Actual payroll processing and data entry of employees and payroll is easy.

Cons:

I had payroll tax issues that were not resolved by customer service, and in fact were made worse, causing a fine and back taxes.

4 years ago

Thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP?. We love hearing that RUN Powered by ADP? is not only easy and intuitive for you, but it also streamlines your payroll processing. Our RUN? Service Team would like to ensure your tax concerns are resolved, we look forward to connecting with you. As always, we strive to add value to your organization and add time back into your day through our products and services enabling you to focus on what matters most. - Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Nessa
Hospital Administrator in US
Veterinary, 2–10 Employees

Don't do it!

Comments: I have had nothing but problems with ADP. I am not a fan. I think that there are better alternatives like Quickbooks Payroll service. ADP has screwed up an employees wage garnishment resulting in fees. Their PTO tracking has limitations and the customer service is ridiculous.

Pros:

There isn't much I like about this software. I think it isn't rocket science so a beginner could navigate it.

Cons:

It has major limitations. Support is difficult to get ahold of. The company tries to sell you unnecessary products through scare tactic emails (ex. you are not in compliance).

Carrie
CFO in Germany
Automotive, 51–200 Employees

RUN is a good platform for a global company, easy to use, cost effective & great customer support.

Comments: Piece of mind that Payroll is done correctly and timely and that our company is compliant with tax & government agencies.

Pros:

Scalability, portability, reliability, ease of use, security, reporting & customer support are the most valued features when it comes to RUN powered by ADP. Our payrolls can grow or shrink very rapidly. This platform allows us to quickly transition our staff size & allows an international team to onboard, process payroll and terminate employees easily & efficiently. We can work anywhere that there is an internet connection & can focus on our core business and rely on ADP to handle taxes and garnishments. The application is well organized & easy to navigate. Security has greatly improved empowering employees & administrators. Central database is secure while always at my finger tips. Standard reporting & Adhoc reporting features are great! Customer Support deserves lots of credit - they are helpful, professional & supported us with difficult HR & technical questions passing along problems & ideas effectively. Finally, ADP has listened to suggestions & continuosly improved its software since 2010.

Cons:

There are two items that I like the least about this software. They are both related. Most important is the lack of a feature allowing us to import our payroll data into the "Payroll Task". When we grow it is very time consuming & cumbersome to key in all the data. A feature to import the payroll data would be fantastic! I do not want to go to another platform, which allows the data from the proprietary Time Tracking software to be imported. ADP has tried to sell me this but RUN is perfect for us - just the payroll processing is more cumbersome when under time crunch & when we have lots of employees working different shifts, at different rates, with OT, double time, etc. Second point is the capability of a payroll administrator being able to input/review/edit the data in the Payroll Task & save it. Should not be able to add or delete the Task and not be able to RUN the task (impound the bank). But my team could help out in different time zones if this 2nd feature would be implemented.

Becky
Office Manager in US
Veterinary, 2–10 Employees

HR and Payroll Support

Comments: I have worked with ADP for over 4 years now and anytime someone tries to get me to switch to their company, they just do not measure up to ADP Run.

Pros:

User friendly. Reports at your fingertips and if you cannot find a report just call the customer service line and they will create or walk you through pulling the report. Their customer service team has always been top notch and helpful. For forms for new employees they have it. Need Policy and Procedures for your office they have it. There is a world of resources through this software that you can easily get to by computer or lets say your out of the office and need to run payroll, no problem they have an app for that as well.

Cons:

I honestly do not have a complaint. The only thing I could suggest is on the Payroll Moblie App it would be helpful if I could make employee changes without having to log in to a computer but definitely not a deal breaker.

4 years ago

Becky, We couldn't be more pleased to hear that our partnership empowers you to handle your human capital management needs with ease -- allowing you to plug that valuable time back into your business. We appreciate your feedback on the RUN? Mobile App and have passed it along to our product team for review. Sincerely, Your RUN? Service Team

Meg
Meg
Director of Operations in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Easy Option, not the best

Comments: Gets the job done, but you will need to keep on top of your tax notices and payments to ensure nothing is missed.

Pros:

Easy to do payroll on and off site. Easy to update employee information and allows employees to log in and retrieve their stubs from mobile app.

Cons:

There is major room for improvement for Run by ADP to be a more comprehensive HR/Payroll software, which is what they advertise themselves to be.

2 years ago

Meg, We thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP® and couldn't be happier to hear that our product delivers for you. Adding value through our services and giving you time back into your day through our products is truly what we strive for and we are pleased to hear that has been the experience for you. -Your RUN Powered by ADP® Team

Construction, 201–500 Employees

Makes Payroll Simple and Easy

Pros:

I used RUN powered by ADP with a company I previously owned with 5 employees. For probably all business owners doing payroll, withholding, and taxes is the biggest stress. RUN was a simple and easy to use for my payroll. You can change employees hours or wages each week by logging into their web portal. It takes no time at all to process the payroll. For the salary employees it was simple to have a reoccurring payroll payment to them every two weeks. It will send the employees all of their information for their direct deposits. The employee can also login to see all his or her information. Best of all at the end of the year the taxes and forms paperwork is all taken care of for you. They will automatically send out the W2s to the employees. This relieves a lot of stress at the end of the year when it comes to taxes. I had to call customer service a few times for questions and help. Their customer service is top notch and very helpful. They have logged into my computer and showed me everything I needed to know. This is a great option for payroll for businesses.

Cons:

The only con I could mention is the cost for the service. Of course we all want things to be less expensive but this was a little more expensive than most payroll services. The quality is outstanding so you definitely get what you pay for. RUN has so many extra features that most do not. Aside from the additional cost for RUN I would still recommend it from all the others I have used.

Pam
General Manager in US

Run by ADP makes payroll super easy! Payroll takes me less than 10 minutes with a staff of 30!

Pros:

What I like best is how simple and user-friendly it is. The ease of initially setting up an employee can't be beaten. I especially love how fast I get payroll done. Run takes all the guesswork out of payroll. I simply approve what RUN has already done and submit. Payroll is just that easy! Plus I can easily access any payroll, employee or tax document. The best part, if I make a mistake their staff is incredible at finding a solution! They're friendly and very knowledgeable. I highly recommend using Run in conjunction with ADP's ezlabor. You';re employees clock in and get paid under the same system which saves even more time!

Cons:

The only flaw I can is that if an employee puts in their 2 week notice, for example, you cannot add it to run in advance. You have to wait until the employee is no longer clocking in/out to update their information. It would have saved a step to be able to put it in immediately when they give notice.

Beverly
Independent Business Owner in US
Telecommunications, 2–10 Employees

As A Small Business That Just Started in December 2019, I Feel Taken Advantage Of!

Comments: I just wanted to know how much ADP would cost. Upon talking to the saleswoman over the phone she basically pushed me into going with ADP because there was a promotion going on at the time. From the moment I began using it things have not gone smoothly. I was hit with a couple of NSFs which I admit is my fault because of the bank I am currently using. But also I experienced financial hardship due to the pandemic. I was unable to afford ADP for the month of April. Because of this, they deactivated my account without any real warning. The thing is, the account was still functional, so I even added the time management feature for my employees. I was super excited about that. When I got my PPP loan, I immediately called ADP and scheduled payment that I owed so that my payroll feature would not be suspended. That's when I found out that the account had been deactivated. Instead of reactivating, they offered me a new one and an even bigger discount. But they realized that they had to file Q1 taxes. So they closed the new account, voided the payroll for that account, and reactivated the first account I had. Which is what should have been done in the first place. I was advised to use another method to pay my employees for the pay period until they get my account in order. Somehow, today, I receive an invoice for the payroll I ran even though it was voided. I am being charged for services that I didn't even get to use. Every time I turn around I am having to give them more and more $

Pros:

It's very comprehensive and easy to use. Initially seems like you can get a good deal and that the product is worth the price.

Cons:

It turns out to be too expensive and it's like they don't get that they charge nearly $400 a month while other companies charge $40. They are not friendly enough for new small businesses and offer no flexibility during hardship such as the pandemic. I ended up having to shell out hundreds of dollars just because I couldn't afford to use the software. When dealing with customer service, things also tend to get unorganized and confusing when they don't have to be.

4 years ago

Beverly, We understand the hardship during these times and putting your business and employees first is front of mind. Your RUN? Support Team will be reaching out to ensure full resolution of these matters. We appreciate your partnership and trust more than ever and look forward to connecting to restore that balance. -Your RUN? Support Team

Valeria
Manager in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Amazing Sellers but after you sign it is a total mess

Comments: The person who sold this to me was great answering questions and said that he will be my point of contact is I needed anything after I sign up. Well… once the first problem started be disappeared…. And when he dis answer he was mas I reached out. Adp was collecting my state taxes but not sending them to the state, they said I never submitted my documents (which I did) and it was on my to fix it. Price changes without a formal notification.

Pros:

You can run it on an app anywhere you are.

Cons:

The customer service is pretty slow, lots of [sensitive content hidden] and never happened.

Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

ADP Review

Comments: Overall, ADP is a great software. We used it at a prior job for running payroll and it works great. We were able to pull the reports that we needed and run payroll seamlessly. ADP's support staff was very friendly and helpful with any questions that we had.

Pros:

ADP has a lot of good benefits to the user. First off, the user interface is easy to use. It is fairly easy to learn the system and start navigating its menus. Second, the system is very accurate as one would expect. It makes running payroll fairly easy. It allows users to house employee data and then using that data when running payroll.

Cons:

The one con (if you can call it a con) would be that you would have to have some training on how to use the system to get the most benefit out of it. It isn't a system that you can just sit down and play with it for a few hours and be an expert at using it.

Garrett
Garrett
Junior Editor in US
Entertainment, 5,001–10,000 Employees

A few rough edges

Pros:

It's great having a platform to check my daily punches, pay statements, and time off requests. I can always trust that my requests will go where they need to without needing to follow up in a separate email.

Cons:

There have been times where the website has been late recognizing my morning punch in, which has led to some confusion with my manager. Navigation on the mobile app feels a little counter intuitive compared to the main website, namely with pulling up my full time card; it would be great if the Clock page on the app had a shorcut to jump straight to the Time card page so I could easily access the full breakdown of my hours. Also, though this is a small nitpick, the fact that the login page doesn't offer a simple prompt to re-enter your password drives me just a little nuts.

Chad
Director of Human Resouces in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Run will help your small business

Pros:

It is very user friendly. For small business it gets the job done. I would encourage everyone to get their HR support and the legal club. That gets you access to lawyers for a 30 minute consultation and can help you make the right decision for your company. Payroll, taxes, garnishments, and more become very easy to do when you have Run.

Cons:

After you get over 50 people it's limitations start to become apparent. Sometimes the system glitches and a raise you put in doesn't happen on the paycheck. The customer support is often not based in America but it isn't terrible. The worst part about the customer support are they waits, but over the past few months they have gotten shorter.

Jennifer
Human Resources Representative in US

Great human resource management tool.

Pros:

Great human resource management tool that is easy to use. I love that it gives you real-time reports and lets you create reports that are calculated by the time you have been working. It is very convenient that ADP tool is compatible with many other project management tools and can be easily integrated.

Cons:

ADP is a web-based tool with smart time tracking. I wish it could track how many time you have spent on each client with one simple click. The general invoice system is very user-friendly and straightforward however currency change is not an available feature. Detailed visual overviews help plan your time and resources better and offers valuable insights, however the interface is a little boring.

Owner in US

RUN is Awesome!

Comments: As a small business with 3-5 employees, you might not think of ADP RUN, but it's great! I deal with customer service weekly and use the RUN app almost every day. It is an excellent tool for my small business!

Pros:

I have been using RUN since 2009 and what I most like is how user-friendly and easy it is to use as well as providing detailed easy to manage and download reports. Also, RUN provided all the needed records for the cares act(PPP), which was a huge help with the loan process. Lastly, I also frequently use the mobile app, a great feature I do enjoy. Very happy to refer RUN!

Cons:

As of yet, not much! RUN has been a great tool for many years and have not found anything I didn't find helpful.

3 years ago

John, We thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP? and couldn't be happier to hear that our product delivers for you. Adding value through our services and giving you time back into your day through our products is truly what we strive for and we are pleased to hear that has been the experience for you. -Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team