Adobe Workfront Reviews

4.3 (1,211) Write a Review!

About Adobe Workfront

The collaborative work management leader, helping companies plan, execute, and deliver great work and exceptional customer experiences.

Learn more about Adobe Workfront

Pros:

I also really like using their project templates for repeatable workflows. Once a project is set up, it is quite intuitive on how to iterate.

Cons:

There are no tools to further organize projects and tasks further than their due date.

Adobe Workfront ratings

4.0
4.4
4.2
4.1

8.3/10

Adobe Workfront has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 1,211 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Adobe Workfront before?

Filter reviews (1,211)

Edison
Edison
Musician in Dominican Republic
Music, 2-10 Employees

Growing your company when you measure everything is very easy

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Adobe Workfront is one of the best tools I have come across to manage my work, I can monitor growth in real time, or if employees are not performing, it is a great application, which I recommend.

Pros:

It's easy to use once you get familiar with the tools it provides.

Cons:

A bit expensive and has no test plan, which I think they should implement.

Eleni
Marketing Director in UK
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Flexible and easy to use for project management

Comments: Whether it's for document management, content management, project management or reporting, Workfront is flexible and easy to create and implement. There is so much you can do with Workfront across all it's features it really can be used for any industry or company size, the bigger the company, the more you can do with it.

Pros:

Having templates for each project without all the jargon in a simple and easy layout was a winner - especially when you have to roll this out to project managers and creatives. Some project management platforms are intimidating and are not easy to review. I really like the reporting function on this and it's easy to build. It's so flexible, you can create dashboards and multiple reports with different layouts (ie lists, graphs etc) that it makes looking at everything super easy and easy to communicate with stakeholders.The proofing on here is brilliant, just like marking up a pdf, you can do the same thing here and you can track everything.

Cons:

Not being able to have automatic notifications sent out to general users when you add them to a task. It means you have to do it separately which negates the point of having a project management tool.

Tracy
Photographer in Kenya
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees

On the front with Adobe Workfront

Comments: Great for time saving. One of my favorites Adobe packages. I love the frequent updates that take into consideration the users feedback.

Pros:

This software is excellent for managing projects! The speed is one of it's winning features and it's easily adaptable regardless of devices used.

Cons:

The price is quite high! Often a training is required before use.

Kelly M
Kelly M
System Engineer in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Simple, organizes projects and feedback

4.0 last month New

Comments: Workfront can be used to address issues with internal and external communications, translations, and creative briefs. As a result, teams can work together across departments and stay up-to-date on their own progress.

Pros:

I recommend Workfront due to its exceptional customer support, user-friendly interface, robust set of functionality that has been thoroughly tested, and manageability. the ability to add everything and everything pertaining to a project, from attachments to descriptions of requirements. Organizing and distributing requests to the appropriate teams. Sharing feedback on drafts and progress reports in real time.

Cons:

The dashboard is quite straightforward and clearly sets out projects, timeframes, and next steps; the only problem I run into is that I am sometimes unable to view comments made on the project itself.

Kristen
Kristen
Delight Marketing Manager in US

Adobe Workfront's online proofing tools have forever changed how our company collaborates!

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Our experience with the online proofing tools provided by Adobe Workfront has been life changing. We had previously used an Adobe proofing application that required a proof to be uploaded to our internal servers, which are only accessible if the team member is on-site or logged into VPN through their computer. Now, with an easy-to-train online proofing tool, team members can review collateral wherever they are.

Pros:

The online proofing tools provided by Adobe Workfront have effectively changed our cross-departmental collaboration. These tools provide an easy way to organize, moderate, and gather feedback from multiple sources throughout a project. Our reviews are no longer limited to an in-house server—these tools have provided us the capability to gather feedback securely through a browser. The reviewer can quickly mark up copy, imagery, or other content within a proof and submit changes as comments, which then can be assigned as an action to our design or web teams to implement. Each proof can be assigned a deadline, and the proof automatically sends a reminder to reviewers if they have not yet submitted feedback a couple hours prior to the set deadline. This feature alone lightens the lift of project management considerably! Plus, the proofing tool is so easy to train and new team members are using the tool within 30 minutes of being introduced.

Cons:

The mobile and tablet versions of the online proofing tools leave much to be desired. Commenting is near impossible since the comment box takes up half of the screen, and markups are not easy to locate. We are hoping that they improve these versions since many of our employees work remotely and are often traveling with access to a smartphone or tablet and not necessarily a computer. In addition, the dashboard where management of all proofs takes place is not customizable. It reports recent proofs for all users, then provides a status update graphic for proofs that you yourself have deployed. If this could be customized to show proofs for a particular department, campaign, or project, that would be immensely helpful.

Amr
Amr
Project Manager in Egypt
Banking, 5,001-10,000 Employees

its robust reporting and analytics capabilities.

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, my experience with Adobe Workfront was positive. The platform is a comprehensive and user-friendly project management solution that offers a wide range of features to help businesses manage their work more efficiently. Its ability to integrate with other Adobe products, such as Photoshop and Illustrator, can save teams a lot of time and hassle when working on creative projects. The reporting and analytics capabilities are also very strong, providing detailed insights into the progress of projects and the performance of team members.

Pros:

The platform is easy to use and navigate, making it accessible to users of all skill levelsIts ability to integrate with other Adobe products, such as Photoshop and Illustrator, can save teams a lot of time and hassle when working on creative projects

Cons:

The mobile app is not as feature-rich as the desktop version and does not offer the same level of flexibility, making it difficult for team members to stay on top of their work when they are away from their desks.

Sikhanyiso
Sikhanyiso
Business Woman in Eswatini
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Adobe Workfront

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Adobe Workfront is absolutely one of the best software for business owners. It works best in project Managment. I recommend people to make use of this software.

Cons:

I don't see anything wrong with this software.

mohamed
mohamed
video editor in Egypt
Graphic Design, 501-1,000 Employees

my experience in workfront

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, it allowed me to manage and plan a few projects properly and divide, distribute, and share them really well. Facilitated some tasks nicely, but lacks some development in the system.

Pros:

Through it, work interface projects can be planned and created based on data analysis, as it provides us with the process of creating, following up, and sharing tasks in a wonderful and easy way.

Cons:

From my point of view, I see that the system should evolve more because I find it difficult to see updates. There are limitations to the home page because it does not allow more accurate information distribution.

graphist in Togo
Fine Art, 2-10 Employees

the best work management and project management tool I like to use

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

what I loved the most was its simplicity and presentation

Cons:

what I didn't like too much was the cost and the presentation of the interface which lacks a bit of dynamism

Management Accountant in Saudi Arabia
Facilities Services, 2-10 Employees

Ease and management of work thanks to the presence of updated data

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Pros: We are now able to plan, manage and measure work using data, which enables us in the organization to monitor work well using data. We can also prepare reports easily, as we can monitor the work in the project and also enable you to assign the work to specific people, which makes the work easier, and the most important thing is that it enables us to cooperate as a team better

Cons:

The negatives: I have no negatives because it is always easy to use.

Heather
Marketing Specialist in US
Environmental Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Workfront

Comments: Workfront is our go-to. We have someone needing something we send them to submit their need through Workfront. IF someone needs to review or approval something, we send it through Workfront. That way we have a trail of information of why we did the things we did or went with the project(s). Its the paper trail. It also took us from having 2-3 hour long status meetings every week to one 30 minute meeting sometimes every week or so. We can summarize much better than running through a multiple page document spreadsheet. It has saved us time and sanity.

Pros:

I am able to add all my projects and tasks into one location so that my team is aware of what I am working on and my clients can see where their project stands. This is very helpful in case something happens, we often say, if we get hit by "the bus" someone will know where my project is and what to do next.

Cons:

It was a rough start. The account rep(s) that we have had were not very good at making sure we were happy as a customer or if we had a need. Since we got our remote system admin, it has been amazing. We love our rep!

Jonathan
Jonathan
Retail Card Account Manager in US
Financial Services

Workfront makes managing projects easy with strong training, support and reporting features.

Comments: It helps us save time when it comes to resource allocation and time management. The reporting features helps upper-management better understand what we are doing and how much time it takes to do it. I love how they are constantly pushing updates that help improve the tool based on user feedback.

Pros:

I have been a Workfront user for a few years now and am a big proponent of this project management tool for several reasons. 1) I find it very intuitive for users to use 2) It is easily customized based on the needs of your users 3) The reporting feature is worth the price of admission itself 4) Their support team is quick to respond and the self-help area is robust so you can find an answer to any question you may come across 5) Workfront offers a comprehensive training tool that covers several types and levels of training for users at all levels including frequent live trainings 6) The Community area is a great place to share ideas and ask for help from other users 7) They are constantly making updates and improvements to the tool 8) The Workfront Proof viewer is a great feature for those who want to markup and share creative within a project. We looked at several solutions and I'd say that Workfront was by far the best option for our internal creative agency.

Cons:

Setting up can be time consuming if you don't already have a process in place. Do your homework and dedicate the time to do it right before launch or else user adoption can be difficult. Plan on user adoption to be your biggest hurdle as people are uncomfortable with change. Make the Workfront trainings mandatory before use.

Lydia
SALES ASSISTANT in US

Workfront

Comments: The biggest plus is how easy it is to communicate with clients, sales reps, and the graphics department. It makes work life run easier.

Pros:

I use Workfront everyday- most of the day. When I send clients proofs they can open the proof, comment with all the changes they may want or make a decision of approved. The client can easily use the tools at the top of the page to highlight or point to what they want changed. The client can ask us questions and we can answer them all in the same place. Sales Reps. and assistants can also comment or ask the client questions in the same manor. Clients and Sales Reps. can also download the app to their phones and use this software anywhere and anytime. Very user friendly and easy to explain to new clients even over the phone. I love how you can add client email and info so you don't have to remember all the client email to send to each client. All you have to do is type the business name into the software and the clients emails will pop up for you to select. I also love how it time stamps all activity and tell you who made the activity. Sometimes clients will put in changes after we have gone to print and want a rebate because the change was not done. However, now we can see that the change came in after the dateline. Another very convent feature is that you can attach documents like pictures or anything you may want in your ad. From there you can easily download whatever has been attach and us it. This software is the most user friendly and convent than any other software I have used. I love how the comment part is so easy to look at and the tools are great!!!

Cons:

I truly have no cons. Sometimes there are up-dates at inconvenient times but I don't consider that a con its just part of the deal. I worst thing I can say is a couple times of year we have a client or Sales Rep. that has a problem with the app. However, the problem is usually fix that same day and sometimes it is user error and not the program at all.

Member Exchange Manager in US
Hospitality, 10,000+ Employees

I was hesitant, but I'm a believer

Comments: I'll admit... they sort of had to drag me kicking and screaming into using Workfront. I feared that it was going to be one of those things where it took more time to document/track what you're doing than it took to actually do it. Fortunately that turned out not to be the case. We've found a good balance between tracking things and not having to "feed the beast" all the time.

Pros:

Workfront is quite versatile for tracking projects and larger workflows. We use it for individual projects, ongoing work efforts, and even tracking ideas for future development. Other areas of our business use it as a request queue as well, which helps us to put in requests with our communication team and even log suggestions for office improvements. A decent (but not mindblowing) reporting suite with text and simple graphic output helps share status updates.

Cons:

The reporting suite could allow for a bit more freedom; it feels slightly stilted when trying to use it. I also was not a fan of the option to have the software tell you that you're on track or behind. I prefer to assign the status myself as I'm involved with the project more intimately and have more of the big picture. Fortunately that's easily changeable in the project settings. The real cons are honestly self-induced. The temptation is there to track all the minutiae of every little bit of the project. And you certainly can... but it ends up being counterproductive as you spend more time updating than doing. Keep your items lofty and you'll avoid that trap.

Copywriter in US
Market Research, 10,000+ Employees

Workfront Review

Comments: We have dozens of projects every day, with different employees in different capacities working on them -- project managers, team leaders, supervisors, editors, writers, graphic designers, proofreaders, strategists. Everyone's input and progress can now be corralled in one place. We have a clear window view in to how the project is going and who might need help with what. Everything is documented in one thread so there is no hiding from a mistake or missed deadline. We can take people outside of the task, like our Legal Department, to get their insight on certain matters.

Pros:

What I like most about Workfront is the visibility it gives to employees and project managers as they navigate a workload from week to week. If 10 people are working on the same task, they can communicate through Workfront channels with respect to questions, concerns and updates. And everything is documented. So, if a conflict arises, we can just go back through the Workfront thread and see what happens. Documentation is so important, especially when you have dozens of projects going at one time.

Cons:

It was tough to learn. After a year, I still did not feel like I had it figured it out. The workload queue setup felt wonky to me and I would often grab work from the wrong places because things weren't clearly marked. Also, and maybe this is on our company's IT side of things, it seemed to crash with a certain frequency, or would not normally be available.

Joe
Project Manger in UK
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees

WF Review

Comments: Overall needs all our needs.

Pros:

The reporting features are robust. Custom fields and forms allow you to adapt the product to you specific needs. Resource Management tools

Cons:

Somtimes the learning curve is steep when trying to learn a new thing in WF. User interface can be challenging.

Scott
Project Manager in US
Management Consulting

Using Workfront has made us better.

Pros:

The interface and usability of the product is second to none. We've been using the software since 2009, choosing it because of the easy-to-use interface. The product has gone through numerous redesigns of the interface, and things have just gotten easier with each release. Our users really like it, and there is a quick turnaround in terms of getting started and using the product. The functionality of the software also gives us more than just a shared Gantt chart for projects. It really has given us the ability to manage all our work and be more productive.

Cons:

The vendor assigns customer success coordinators (CSCs) to each customer which is basically an account rep. The company itself has gone through various leadership changes, and as a result there has been many reorganizations of the staff. As a result, we have had many different CSCs and really have not had the opportunity to get to know our representative and our representative getting to know us well. Everyone has been great, but the inconsistency on account reps gets frustrating.

Felix
Senior Project Manager in Germany
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 Employees

It supports better delivery and works planning by connecting millions of people!

Comments: This software is perfectly designed for managers. Additionally, you get paid by working per hour. You can intuitively track your project with various capabilities that this software offers. This tool is thoroughly made with the best customizing details for the managers.

Pros:

Adobe Workfront is one of the most premium platforms which brings brilliant productive results. It helps in better screening and updates the features according to the need of hours. Additionally, you will find it the ideal tool for communication and tracking the organic audience. Thus, you should rely on this modern tool for getting expected and unexpected results. Adobe Workfront works limitlessly by providing analytical information and reports. It supports better delivery and works planning by connecting millions of people. Additionally, it helps in managing data from various enterprises. Thus, it offers helpful planning and execution of various selling plans.

Cons:

The most irritating thing about Adobe Workfront is that it takes too long to run an operation. Additionally, at times it becomes very clingy to activate. Thus, the users find it hard to manage buffer and malware issues in it.

Marketing Consultant in US
Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 Employees

Great Project Management Tool

Comments: Overall, this is the perfect tool for marketing teams specifically, especially those who practice more of the agile marketing strategies. We previously used Trello, which I love, but Workfront provides so many more features, analytics, and potential for better collaboration among teams.

Pros:

We started using Workfront several months ago so that we could better track our projects, deadlines and time spent on each tasks. I think it’s pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it, but it can take some time to implement and get everyone on board. It’s perfect for keeping the team organized and on track, and it helps us make sure we aren’t spending to much time on certain projects. You can easily tag users to provide updates; upload documents to share; provide proofs which is especially beneficial for collaboration amongst graphics designers, content managers, and marketing strategists; log your time spent on each task; and so much more. It also provides data so you can see how many projects each team member is doing, how much time is being spent, etc which is super helpful for determining a team’s efficiency.

Cons:

It can be a challenge to get it up and running. It’s very complex so learning all of the features can take some time. Setting up some of the tasks and due dates can be frustrating and prone to human error, but overall it’s a great tool.

Emily
Emily
Project Manager in US
Retail, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Great for managing projects in a good way

Comments: In general, makes teaming up inside divisions incredible and direct. Workfront had a precarious expectation to learn and adapt in the interest of me as I hadn't utilized undertaking the executives programming previously however once I started to utilize it I wound up prescribing it to purple all through our whole organization and others adored the usefulness incorporated with it.

Pros:

I love the arranging of Workfront programming it's unmistakable and present day. It helps tons by that have some expertise in arranging your ventures. this is regularly a superb item for any business to have! Makes imaginative tasks a breeze! It likewise takes into consideration speedy cooperation. Workfront has various instruments that give incredible usefulness to the clients and it is regularly profoundly tweaked to suit your requirements.

Cons:

This product sets aside huge amounts of your effort to discover. The pursuit highlight isn't the least difficult if huge amounts of undertakings are inside the framework. tons must be figured out how to understand the best appreciate utilizing the product. Of you commit the chance to really learn it well it can do some amazing things for venture the board.

Digital Production Artist in Canada
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Better than nothing, still not great

Comments: I go to Workfront to see what's been assigned to me. I'm not responsible for creating projects. My overall experience is that it's good enough, but even after using it for a few yearsr I have trouble filtering out the noise.

Pros:

Workfront is more advanced than the system we had before (an Excel spreadsheet!) and it does make it possible for a department of 25 people to sort projects, keep track of updates and share proofs. This is especially useful now that we're working remotely. The calendar view is handy and I like being able to upload proofs directly to the project so the relevant people can keep track of them.

Cons:

There's so much noise. Tabs we never use, duplicated information, several fields containing unimportant information. It takes a while to sift through to find the meaty information, which is usually under Custom Forms of all places. It's not intuitive.

Ahmed
Business Process Manager in Egypt

Workfront is our way to success in Project Mangement even if it more expensive than other competitors

Comments: We are using WorkFront for about 2 years now and is very pleased with the functionality and feature set it provides to meet our needs to manage
Workfront takes time and effort to implement, but anything worthwhile should. Workfront's team has been very helpful to us and really cares that we earn a win for our team.
I am an end user of Workfront within teams. Workfront helps me keep on track with all my work, tracking progress and deadlines to ensure all work is delivered efficiently and on time.

Pros:

Customization and Small Duration to be built and including good tools for Project Management In case of owning a lot of tasks on daily basis: Workfront is the best for monitoring and follow up Including all the required Reports for Top Management Very Good Support Team Always upgrading and adding new features and reports

Cons:

I couldn’t reach how to automate prioritizing projects and assigning project, I am searching for this feature currently Company should have a process before using this software else it will not add anything to the work flow Higher Cost than other simpler software’s companies Hard to get team members to update data consistently, which impacts project status/reporting

Jessa
Portfolio Coordinator in US

I think that Workfront is a very innovative system - I think there are some missing pieces too.

Pros:

I like that Workfront is pretty easy to navigate, I also like the new front with integrations coming into play. I like how easy it is to do reporting and leverage reports into dashboards.

Cons:

I do not like the lack of ability to customize user instances. I would prefer to hide everything that a user does not need to see or use to make it way more basic. Right now, the system is not structured to do this by user only by group or permission settings. I think it's also annoying to have current-pending projects not be an option to show on the legacy gnatt and it's a pretty easy feature. I'd also like to see more development with roles and skillsets not the basic settings for primary and secondary roles. I'm happy to hear that the help desk will be restructuring requests going to specific topics such as reporting. I have used the help desk before and have found it frustrating that the consultant I am assigned does not have the knowledge to address my concern/question and I get passed along through the pipe until I reach someone who can. I'd like to see development in reporting more.

Lavanya
Senior Project Manager in US
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees

Reliable and very robust PPM tool

Pros:

Implementing Workfront in our organization has helped give the PMO team single source of truth for project and portfolio management and resource availability. Workfront also has FANTASTIC support and documentation that helps solving issues easy. I leverage this forum very often while stuck on a problem. This is also a company that invests a lot in making its products better and listening to the voice of the customer.

Cons:

Building reports can be hard becasue the tool tracks SO MUCH data. It can take a lot of time and effort to learn all aspects of reporting including text mode. It's not really a con but does post challenges in overcoming the learning curve.

Leanne
Process & Quality Consultant in US
Insurance, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Making Good Progress - keep investing and Improving!

Comments: Support and the product itself has improved over time. Need to make intuitive for users and admins - there are so many capabilities and screens to figure out access and why someone can/cannot see data and projects they need to. Is there a way to make the strict project management methodologies less necessary for to do projects and smaller projects so that the other functionality can be used (updates in central location, documents, task assignment) but due dates, durations are not as critical

Pros:

The central location for sharing updates, docs, etc vs using email and the proofing functionality of the tool. One tool for all types of requests by queue - eliminated some systems from our process.

Cons:

Limited reporting capabilities without exporting to Excel or adding an add-in. User Confusion with issue and project and where to add comments and how to find projects. Need admin support to set up layout templates to streamline work and that can be challenging to find time to help users. Also wish you could play with report data vs having to save to generate the report and then delete when finished.