Amazing and wonderful product

Reviewed on 07/05/2018
Briana G.
Paralegal
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: What I liked most about this product is that it was super efficient. It saved me a lot of time. At my job we would create report and we needed to suppress the pdfs into one document and paperport was the perfect software to use for that. We also liked how you could type on the pdf or even highlight just by using paperport.

Cons: The only thing I would have to say is that sometimes the software would just close. Everything is automatically saved so it wasn't a big issue but if you were rushing it was a bit irritating.

I Like being able to take apart documents

Reviewed on 09/10/2018
Denise M.
Referral Coordinator
Medical Practice, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Over all experience is good, I love working with this program and highly recommend this to anyone who has to separate documents and put them in a different order.

Pros: This product is wonderful when getting a document and being able to separate the document by each piece of paper. I am able to get faxes and separate them and stack them back into an order to which I need.

Cons: I dont like how this program can take a lot of recourse out of my computer. Depending on the document it can almost shut my computer down.

Great fax management and document tool

Reviewed on 13/09/2018
John E.
Clinic Owner
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have had a good experience with Paperport on multiple office computers. It handles all of our printing and fax jobs.

Pros: This product works with our Brother multifunction printer, scanner, fax machine and is used for all of our fax and print needs on our main front office computer. It works well and helps us manage all of the essential office functions with regards to printing and faxing.

Cons: Sometimes this product gets "hung up" for a little bit, but then it works fine.

I use this all the time! It is the best doc scanning/handling/sorting software!

Reviewed on 08/02/2018
Jeffrey J.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I get a lot of use from this program, especially compared to the price. It replaces two or three other programs that I used to use for this functionality.

Pros: I love that the document icon or preview shows the document well enough to identify it without opening it. The "send to" function is a great feature when working with many documents.

Cons: The look could be updated. The ribbon looks very dated although it is very functional. The scan function is complicated because it offers some options.

My Private Organizer

Reviewed on 16/07/2019
Roula S.
Sales Coordinator
Food & Beverages, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I love PaperPort Pro very much as I use to organize my own different documents and reciets that I scan and save. it helps me with details and picking up every document from a any folder is very easy and quick.
I recommend it for Business as well as it makes your life easier.
I also like that I can edit and convert every document and photos.

Cons: Maybe that sometimes there are too many commands that to me they are unnecessary

Easy to use and very useful especially if you don't have Adobe.

Reviewed on 27/07/2017
Nicole G.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Able to assemble and take apart documents. Scanning large documents.

Pros: Very useful if you do a lot of document scanning and assembly. If your scan gets stuck you can make options to pick up where it left off. Easy to delete pages you don't need or separate pages out if needed.

Cons: Can be hard to set up sometime have issues getting it connected or installed correctly. Sometimes hard to set up the folders needed. Not super intuitive in the setup process.

all paperwork right at my fingertips... without the paper

Reviewed on 13/02/2019
Joel S.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I use it for scanning everything that is relevant. Bills, letters, legal and fincancial
I put things in folders that make sense.
They are easy to move from one folder to the next
You can print right to a program into This program and chosen file.
When I need something, like a tax time... everything is already organized.

Cons: Not much bad to say. After the set up, everything runs well.

Paper Port is so helpful!

Reviewed on 27/08/2019
Tina T.
Legal Assistant
Law Practice, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I use Paper Port for a few very specific things and it is by far the best option for me. I need to create boiler plates and the ease of converting .pdf files to word docs and back, also to unstack and stack .pdf's makes my life much easier. MY IT guy tried to get me to change to another program that he thought was better but for me it was way too complicated. Some weeks I need to alter 10 documents and some 4 and either way Paper Port is the easiest and fastest way!

Pros: How easy it is to convert a .PDF to a Word doc and back. I I also like how I can save the documents in both forms right in the Desktop tab under Scan settings and go back if I need to to make changes.

Cons: I don't think there is anything I don't like about it. It is perfect for what I need it for, I never have a problem with it.

SCAN AND STORE

Reviewed on 26/03/2019
Technical Specialist Microbiology/Immunology
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Scanning documents to paperport allows managers to eliminate paper documents which cause unnecessary clutter. Easy software to use.

Pros: Ease of use.
Scan your document and store in paperport.
Numerous features including the ability to stack documents, email documents, edit, etc...

Cons: I love this software . It allows for ease of record retention .

Makes my day run more smoothly and efficiently

Reviewed on 07/03/2018
Matt G.
Front Office Manager
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Helps me to be better organized!

Pros: It is very easy to use, helps to keep our business organized, easy to use interface, ability to split desktop.

Cons: I wish that it had a longer history for undo options and an easy way to look back at your hiostory (what you scanned, when, where it was moved, etc.)

Best Way to Handle Paperwork

Reviewed on 12/02/2019
Gregory K.
Real Estate Broker Associate
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I eliminated the need for a fax machine and a copier many years ago.

Pros: The ability to change any kind of document into another, the ease of organization, the ability to write on top of pdf's.

Cons: No newer version for over 5 years. The Windows 10 version doesn't size out correctly.

Best scanning software I've ever used

Reviewed on 22/11/2018
Michael D.
Director, International Operations
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: PaperPort Pro is a must-have. I use it each and every day. It has saved me countless hours scanning and uploading documents.

Cons: A super small "con" for such an awesome program, but we had a little trouble installing the program on some of our older laptops.

Best way to Manage4 all of your documents!

Reviewed on 14/11/2018
Marie P.
Retail, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Simple to set up and use!
I use this software daily and highly recommend this product for any office administrator. Training on software is simple and easy for entry level employees to learn!

Cons: No complaints! Been using the product for years!

Its great!

Reviewed on 16/11/2017
Rob J.
COO
Customer Support

Pros: The thing I love most about this software is the flexibility and the features it has! Why pay so much for "the competitor" when you get so much here.

Cons: I've had a few times where the software would lock up but that happens occasionally with any software.

A good tool for managing paper documents.

Reviewed on 08/02/2018
Travis P.
Independent Insurance Agent
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This program allows you to scan documents to your computer, separate or combine them, then export to your desktop.

Pros: What I like most about Paperport is that when you scan documents to your computer, it allows you to stack them together, or separate them into separate files if you so choose.

Cons: What I like least about this software is minimal in comparison to its benefits. However, sometimes there are a few annoyances. For instance when I am scanning a multi-page file there is a status bar that shows something like "Scanning Page 3 of 18" and as each new page scans the status bar updates and takes you to the paperport program. I'd like to hit "scan" and then do something else until the scan is finalized instead of having to watch it until finished.

Been using this for scanning for the last few years, very few issues

Reviewed on 02/04/2018
Renee C.
Mental Health Care, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Multifunction scanning software with lots of options included

Pros: I like its wide range of options and functionality. You can choose where to scan files, set up different scan profiles, choose output options, etc. It's been my go-to scanning software for the last three years.

Cons: Recently, I have had an issue with multipage output, since the last update or two, and, despite following the faq for driver compatibility, etc., I haven't been able to resolve it. As a result, I sometimes get multipage documents that will only scan and save one page at a time, which is problematic.

Using to Take Office Paperless

Reviewed on 06/06/2018
Controller
Hospitality, 13-50 Employees

Pros: - Like the ability to drag and drop PDF from email into the program
-Ability to stack and un-stack PDF files is amazing
-Large work space free of clutter within the program

Cons: -Hard to get a Xerox scanner pointed to the right folder for scanning within the app
-Document rendering is slow for larger files even in black and white

Positive.

Reviewed on 28/04/2018
Freddie B.
Pastor
Customer Support

Pros: Easy to organize PDFs and Jpegs. Easy to switch between PDF and jpeg. Easy to make quick edits to a jpeg. Scanning software and OCR is built in. With the OCR easy to lift a paragraph from a jpeg, or a PDF by converting to a jpeg. Not expensive.

Cons: I don't like the PDF viewer. Adobe is much better. I mainly use it on a windows 7 computer and it freezes more than I would like.

Impressive for the money

Reviewed on 01/12/2017
Bethany J.
Other
Customer Support

Pros: I would say that the thing I like most about this software is just being able to edit pdfs. It may sounds simple but that is a big plus for me.

Cons: I would say that the thing I like least about this software is that I sometimes have connectivity issues with it. Not all the time but some times.

Paperless office

Reviewed on 31/12/2018
Administrative assistant
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: It was a pretty seamless process. We were going for a paperless office and wanted to go strictly digital.

Cons: I don't have anything really bad to say.

Good document management and editing software

Reviewed on 27/04/2016
Information Technology
Wholesale, 201-500 Employees
Customer Support

Comments: Paperport is a great tool for editing documents and managing your folder structure. We use this on all of our lab machines, managing document hierarchy and editing them to our liking. This program allows us to go above and beyond what Adobe products do and has increased our laboratory efficiency greatly.

Pros: Powerful document editing and management tools.

Cons: Learning curve if switching over from Adobe products.

I have to use this every day and I will continue to look for something faster

Reviewed on 26/06/2018
Melody P.
payroll admin.
Customer Support

Pros: That the scanner is small enough to sit on my desk. If I need to scan color documents are pictures the resolution is very clear.

Cons: The time it takes to scan if very time consuming. Even black and white documents at low resolution take way too long.

Paperport does not live up to expectations

Reviewed on 07/09/2018
Bill F.
Senior Tax Analyst
Construction, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: As a tax accountant, I manage alot of documents and I wanted a software program to help me scan, file, and save documents. It worked for a couple of months, but now it gets hung up most every time.

Pros: PaperPort is designed to help you manage files, primarily documents. I like the image preview, the PDF file viewer, and the ability to customize your list of directories.

Cons: I installed the program twice. The first time, PaperPort would not confirm the serial number, so I had to click a button each time the program started. I contacted technical support a few times, and realized that it was just an annoyance. I was also having a problem with non-responsiveness. PaperPort would get hung up after clicking on a third sub-directory. I reinstalled, and that resolved the serial number problem, but the program getting hung up is even worse. It gets stuck previewing the original directory and will not update. It's practically useless now.

Great way to combine, edit, and store PDFs

Reviewed on 04/11/2017
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Easily combine PDF files and provides one convenient storage location.

Pros: Very easy to import and scan documents. Fairly easy to combine PDFs and change their page ordering. Overall, one of the easiest PDF programs I've used.

Cons: Somewhat cumbersome to organize files and to move files from one to another. Once you create a file name to store documents, moving them can sometimes be a chore.

Paperport 14 not as easy to modify documents as 10 Pro, Opens doc thru laborious pdf viewer no erase

Reviewed on 17/02/2018
Don T.
Customer Support

Cons: No erase/bulk delete features as was used on PaperPort 10 Pro. Can't copy/paste on same doc or toggle adjacent docs as before. There is no "PaperPort documents, all has been changed to a pdf viewer which takes forever to open compared to the 10Pro format. Wish I had seen a trial use option I see below was available.
The reason I updated was the Pro 10 no longer worked constantly with "Windows 10" OS, which I was forced to convert to due to my accounting and tax programs compatibility issues.
I haven't found a way to highlight (found the icon but can't get execution or color preferences)
Previous versions had ways to manipulate document contents that this version doesn't. ie remove or rearrange sentences or paragraphs to suite your needs. This version doesn't as far as I have been able to discover.