• Overall
    3.9/5

About PaperPort Pro

Document management solution that helps businesses store, organize, convert and share files as well as photos across the organization.

Learn more about PaperPort Pro

Joel S.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2019

"all paperwork right at my fingertips... without the paper"

Pros: I use it for scanning everything that is relevant. Bills, letters, legal and fincancial
I put things in folders that make sense.
They are easy to move from one folder to the next
You can print right to a program into This program and chosen file.
When I need something, like a tax time... everything is already organized.

Cons: Not much bad to say. After the set up, everything runs well.

• Reviewed on 13/02/2019
Briana G.
Paralegal
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2018

"Amazing and wonderful product "

Pros: What I liked most about this product is that it was super efficient. It saved me a lot of time. At my job we would create report and we needed to suppress the pdfs into one document and paperport was the perfect software to use for that. We also liked how you could type on the pdf or even highlight just by using paperport.

Cons: The only thing I would have to say is that sometimes the software would just close. Everything is automatically saved so it wasn't a big issue but if you were rushing it was a bit irritating.

• Reviewed on 07/05/2018
Melody P.
payroll admin.
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2018

"I have to use this every day and I will continue to look for something faster"

Pros: That the scanner is small enough to sit on my desk. If I need to scan color documents are pictures the resolution is very clear.

Cons: The time it takes to scan if very time consuming. Even black and white documents at low resolution take way too long.

• Reviewed on 26/06/2018
Hilal A.
Accountant
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/03/2020

"Paperport Pro is just the scan and organize software you need"

Comments: I have been scanning documents since 2004 and discarding hard copies wherever possible. It was my goal to become paperless. The success has been progressive because of legal and people issues. Paperport is priceless. I allows you to scan and organize documents on the fly. It also enables you to convert documents with ease. I was lucky. This software came with my MFC. I upgraded very soon because the product was fully accepted by me.

Pros: Ease and quality of the scanned documents and the ability to select your quality

Cons: Nothing at all. The product delivers and well

• Reviewed on 03/03/2020
Denise M.
Referral Coordinator
Medical Practice, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2018

"I Like being able to take apart documents"

Comments: Over all experience is good, I love working with this program and highly recommend this to anyone who has to separate documents and put them in a different order.

Pros: This product is wonderful when getting a document and being able to separate the document by each piece of paper. I am able to get faxes and separate them and stack them back into an order to which I need.

Cons: I dont like how this program can take a lot of recourse out of my computer. Depending on the document it can almost shut my computer down.

• Reviewed on 09/10/2018
Nicole G.
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2017

"Easy to use and very useful especially if you don't have Adobe."

Comments: Able to assemble and take apart documents. Scanning large documents.

Pros: Very useful if you do a lot of document scanning and assembly. If your scan gets stuck you can make options to pick up where it left off. Easy to delete pages you don't need or separate pages out if needed.

Cons: Can be hard to set up sometime have issues getting it connected or installed correctly. Sometimes hard to set up the folders needed. Not super intuitive in the setup process.

• Reviewed on 27/07/2017
Dawn S.
agent
Insurance, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/04/2020

"great product "

Comments: keeping me on track for reminders of what i need to do!

Pros: i used this for my daily reminders of things i need to do, i keeps me on track, i have a 1-31 file and daily keeps me knowing what i need to do

Cons: i wish there was an option for an automatic back up, i use this so much and have lots of documents that if my computer failed i would loose a lot of date, so i back up on an external often

• Reviewed on 21/04/2020
Tina T.
Legal Assistant
Law Practice, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2019

"Paper Port is so helpful!"

Comments: I use Paper Port for a few very specific things and it is by far the best option for me. I need to create boiler plates and the ease of converting .pdf files to word docs and back, also to unstack and stack .pdf's makes my life much easier. MY IT guy tried to get me to change to another program that he thought was better but for me it was way too complicated. Some weeks I need to alter 10 documents and some 4 and either way Paper Port is the easiest and fastest way!

Pros: How easy it is to convert a .PDF to a Word doc and back. I I also like how I can save the documents in both forms right in the Desktop tab under Scan settings and go back if I need to to make changes.

Cons: I don't think there is anything I don't like about it. It is perfect for what I need it for, I never have a problem with it.

• Reviewed on 27/08/2019
Gregory K.
Real Estate Broker Associate
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2019

"Best Way to Handle Paperwork"

Comments: I eliminated the need for a fax machine and a copier many years ago.

Pros: The ability to change any kind of document into another, the ease of organization, the ability to write on top of pdf's.

Cons: No newer version for over 5 years. The Windows 10 version doesn't size out correctly.

• Reviewed on 12/02/2019
Michael D.
Director, International Operations
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/11/2018

"Best scanning software I've ever used"

Pros: PaperPort Pro is a must-have. I use it each and every day. It has saved me countless hours scanning and uploading documents.

Cons: A super small "con" for such an awesome program, but we had a little trouble installing the program on some of our older laptops.

• Reviewed on 22/11/2018
John E.
Clinic Owner
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2018

"Great fax management and document tool"

Comments: We have had a good experience with Paperport on multiple office computers. It handles all of our printing and fax jobs.

Pros: This product works with our Brother multifunction printer, scanner, fax machine and is used for all of our fax and print needs on our main front office computer. It works well and helps us manage all of the essential office functions with regards to printing and faxing.

Cons: Sometimes this product gets "hung up" for a little bit, but then it works fine.

• Reviewed on 13/09/2018
Jeffrey J.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2018

"I use this all the time! It is the best doc scanning/handling/sorting software! "

Comments: I get a lot of use from this program, especially compared to the price. It replaces two or three other programs that I used to use for this functionality.

Pros: I love that the document icon or preview shows the document well enough to identify it without opening it. The "send to" function is a great feature when working with many documents.

Cons: The look could be updated. The ribbon looks very dated although it is very functional. The scan function is complicated because it offers some options.

Roula S.
Sales Coordinator
Food & Beverages, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/07/2019

"My Private Organizer "

Pros: I love PaperPort Pro very much as I use to organize my own different documents and reciets that I scan and save. it helps me with details and picking up every document from a any folder is very easy and quick.
I recommend it for Business as well as it makes your life easier.
I also like that I can edit and convert every document and photos.

Cons: Maybe that sometimes there are too many commands that to me they are unnecessary

• Reviewed on 16/07/2019
Technical Specialist Microbiology/Immunology
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2019

"SCAN AND STORE"

Comments: Scanning documents to paperport allows managers to eliminate paper documents which cause unnecessary clutter. Easy software to use.

Pros: Ease of use.
Scan your document and store in paperport.
Numerous features including the ability to stack documents, email documents, edit, etc...

Cons: I love this software . It allows for ease of record retention .

• Reviewed on 26/03/2019
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2020

"One of those tools to keep around"

Comments: Works seamlessly on any PC, great app integrations, PDF management is a breeze.

Pros: printing, signing, & scanning continues to be the bane of business efficiency. PaperPort makes that almost painless. One of those rare tools that always gets installed on my laptop -- favorite feature is probably the ease with which we can stack and unstack PDFs, delete pages, etc.

Cons: better OCR is probably the only real issue, or perhaps command-line / API bulk mode for same the ability to alternatively make command-line call to extract and stack pages would also be great.

• Reviewed on 28/06/2020
Matt G.
Front Office Manager
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/03/2018

"Makes my day run more smoothly and efficiently "

Comments: Helps me to be better organized!

Pros: It is very easy to use, helps to keep our business organized, easy to use interface, ability to split desktop.

Cons: I wish that it had a longer history for undo options and an easy way to look back at your hiostory (what you scanned, when, where it was moved, etc.)

• Reviewed on 07/03/2018
Marie P.
Retail, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2018

"Best way to Manage4 all of your documents!"

Pros: Simple to set up and use!
I use this software daily and highly recommend this product for any office administrator. Training on software is simple and easy for entry level employees to learn!

Cons: No complaints! Been using the product for years!

• Reviewed on 14/11/2018
Rob J.
COO
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2017

"Its great!"

Pros: The thing I love most about this software is the flexibility and the features it has! Why pay so much for "the competitor" when you get so much here.

Cons: I've had a few times where the software would lock up but that happens occasionally with any software.

• Reviewed on 16/11/2017
Travis P.
Independent Insurance Agent
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2018

"A good tool for managing paper documents."

Comments: This program allows you to scan documents to your computer, separate or combine them, then export to your desktop.

Pros: What I like most about Paperport is that when you scan documents to your computer, it allows you to stack them together, or separate them into separate files if you so choose.

Cons: What I like least about this software is minimal in comparison to its benefits. However, sometimes there are a few annoyances. For instance when I am scanning a multi-page file there is a status bar that shows something like "Scanning Page 3 of 18" and as each new page scans the status bar updates and takes you to the paperport program. I'd like to hit "scan" and then do something else until the scan is finalized instead of having to watch it until finished.

Renee C.
Mental Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2018

"Been using this for scanning for the last few years, very few issues"

Comments: Multifunction scanning software with lots of options included

Pros: I like its wide range of options and functionality. You can choose where to scan files, set up different scan profiles, choose output options, etc. It's been my go-to scanning software for the last three years.

Cons: Recently, I have had an issue with multipage output, since the last update or two, and, despite following the faq for driver compatibility, etc., I haven't been able to resolve it. As a result, I sometimes get multipage documents that will only scan and save one page at a time, which is problematic.

• Reviewed on 02/04/2018
Controller
Hospitality, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2018

"Using to Take Office Paperless"

Pros: - Like the ability to drag and drop PDF from email into the program
-Ability to stack and un-stack PDF files is amazing
-Large work space free of clutter within the program

Cons: -Hard to get a Xerox scanner pointed to the right folder for scanning within the app
-Document rendering is slow for larger files even in black and white

• Reviewed on 06/06/2018
Freddie B.
Pastor
  • Reviewed on 28/04/2018

"Positive. "

Pros: Easy to organize PDFs and Jpegs. Easy to switch between PDF and jpeg. Easy to make quick edits to a jpeg. Scanning software and OCR is built in. With the OCR easy to lift a paragraph from a jpeg, or a PDF by converting to a jpeg. Not expensive.

Cons: I don't like the PDF viewer. Adobe is much better. I mainly use it on a windows 7 computer and it freezes more than I would like.

• Reviewed on 28/04/2018
Bethany J.
Other
  • Reviewed on 01/12/2017

"Impressive for the money"

Pros: I would say that the thing I like most about this software is just being able to edit pdfs. It may sounds simple but that is a big plus for me.

Cons: I would say that the thing I like least about this software is that I sometimes have connectivity issues with it. Not all the time but some times.

• Reviewed on 01/12/2017
Administrative assistant
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/12/2018

"Paperless office"

Pros: It was a pretty seamless process. We were going for a paperless office and wanted to go strictly digital.

Cons: I don't have anything really bad to say.

• Reviewed on 31/12/2018
Information Technology
Wholesale, 201-500 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 27/04/2016

"Good document management and editing software"

Comments: Paperport is a great tool for editing documents and managing your folder structure. We use this on all of our lab machines, managing document hierarchy and editing them to our liking. This program allows us to go above and beyond what Adobe products do and has increased our laboratory efficiency greatly.

Pros: Powerful document editing and management tools.

Cons: Learning curve if switching over from Adobe products.

• Source: GetApp