Power Diary Reviews

• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.6 /5

About Power Diary

Practice management software that provides everything you need to streamline your health clinic.

Learn more about Power Diary

Simone H.
CSM
Mental Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2019

"Review"

Comments: Overall Power Diary is meeting the needs of our business however we have had to make a large number of changes to our processes and way of working with our clients to accommodate Power Diary. There are a number of functionalities that we would like to see.

Pros: - Visually appealing
- Ability to produce multiple reports
- Simple and easy to use calendar and client set up
- Client online booking portal
- Medicare processing
- Data consistancy

Cons: - Limited functions available on the calendar - cannot view single day of the week for multiple weeks
- Unable to limit who access notes and profile information - anyone with can access client notes and view client profiles regardless if the client is allocated to them or not
- Unable to create an overall number of sessions used in a session pack per year - this is still tracked manually

• Reviewed on 14/08/2019
Adam H.
Chinese Medicine Practitioner
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2019

"More professional than alternative clinic management tools"

Pros: One of the best features is the customisable clinic note templates. Being able to create clinic note for each type of patient and each interaction has made my patient management so much easier.
Automated appointment reminders and communication templates add a professional touch that my patients appreciate.

Cons: At the moment the only credit card payment system PowerDiary integrates with is Stripe. Adding integration with other payment systems such as Square would make it easier to manage credit card payments.

by Power Diary on 22/08/2019

Thanks for your great review Adam! I've added your comment about Square to our Feature Request Tracking system so we can monitor demand for this too.

Kellie S.
Clinical Psychologist
Mental Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2019

"Excellent appointment tracking system"

Comments: No comparison between our old paper diary system and Power Diary! The ability to access from anywhere, see details of diary entries for multiple practitioners, and instant notification of updates to appointments are invaluable.

Pros: Power Diary is extremely easy to use, allowing for easy client scheduling and reminder contact via sms. Simple, intuitive interface that has many powerful features and can keep track of a wealth of information. Love the fact that I can check for changes to my schedule from my laptop, phone, and iPad. Invoicing and payment records are easily accessible and there are a number of useful summary reports that can be run. An invaluable tool for our clinic.

Cons: No real cons of note! Only issues have been when internet has been down or very rare issues from Power Diary's end of things, technically speaking.

Hayley S.
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2019

"PosAbility Review"

Comments: PowerDiary is a very important part of our business

Pros: The recurring feature, drag and drop of scheduled sessions, reporting to xero and mailchimp, aged receivables

Cons: That there isn't an option to recur the colours (rooms) for sessions unless setting up the session initially. Privacy options to see notes and files are not personalised - we want only some staff to see some documents

by Power Diary on 17/07/2019

Thanks for your review Hayley!

We have a new rooms management function in the pipeline so stayed tuned for that one.

With privacy you can set permissions so that staff see no notes, only their own client notes, or all client notes. The next update we are releasing to this area will also include some even more granular options so this will allow you to customise even further.

Thanks again for your feedback.

• Reviewed on 14/07/2019
Laura H.
Physiotherapist, co director
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2019

"Good but could be perfect"

Comments: Good

Pros: Text reminders automated, invoices created as we go along. Easy to edit, still working on treatment templates but ok to produce them.

Cons: Unable to print batch invoices. On invoices the addresses details do not line up with the envelope’s window so have to hand write the address. Don’t like this at all. Difficult to see weekly appointment counts. Would be good to have it on the dashboard somewhere. Online diary slots, I would like to put set appointment times as atm the appointment times move accordingly to availability. It could mean I end up with 20 min gaps which is a waste of time as can’t offer 20 min sessions. I would prefer to fix the appointment slots. Would be goo to have this setting.

by Power Diary on 22/08/2019

Thanks for your review Laura. Batch invoice printing is on our radar, and I've added you to the list of people interested in this. Whilst currently the Client Portal displays available appointment times to maximise the efficient use of clinicians time, there are some circumstances where an awkward gap can occur depending on the availability and session length. We've some more options regarding scheduling logic coming soon to the Client Portal, but if you'd like to contact our Support Team ([email protected]) we can take a look at your existing setup and see if there are any changes you could make to reduce this occurring. Thanks again, Damien

Mary R.
Podiatrist
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2019

"Power Diary for Podiatry"

Comments: Initially loved the fact I could call and speak to a Power Diary representive to assist with troubleshooting

Pros: Medicare & DVA intergrated with a daily report/summary

Cons: With all the text messages the monthly fee does add up

by Power Diary on 22/08/2019

Hi Mary, Thanks for your review. Great to hear you're enjoying our integrated claims processing! Unfortunately whilst we keep the SMS charges as low as possible, there is still a fee for use as we get charged by the SMS gateways for each one sent. Luckily the SMS are extremely effective at reducing no-shows so you're hopefully finding they pay for themselves many times over :)

Aaron M.
Trainer
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2019

"Power Diary review"

Comments: With Power Diary, I can clearly organize my appointments with all my clients, and set up payment plans specific to my clients. I can access the software from the web or from the app, and can use my phone, tablet, or laptop on this software at any time.

Pros: What I liked most about this software was the simple user interface. The software was easy to navigate from the beginning, and I didn't have to experience that many difficulties while using the software for the first time.

Cons: What I liked least about the software was the amount of features it contained. It would have been nice to have a bit more features in this software, and more customizable features, but since this software was very easy to use from the beginning, this isn't that big of an issue.

by Power Diary on 01/09/2019

Thanks for your review Aaron! Let us know if there are features that would be useful for your business. We're always collecting feedback from our customers and use this to prioritise which new features to develop. It's also possible we already have some of the features you might be looking for : ) We like to keep the user interface simple and easy to use, but sometimes that means the more advanced features are not immediately obvious (so as not to clutter up the screen too much.)

• Reviewed on 27/08/2019
Andrea P.
Naturopath
  • Reviewed on 13/07/2019

"The new look"

Comments: Great until you implemented the new 👀

Pros: It was fantastic using the old system
User friendly
Great software

Cons: The new look is not user friendly...you have to close down the page you are on to get to the next page
Who thought this new look was a good idea
Absolutely hate it

by Power Diary on 17/07/2019

Thanks Andrea. Sorry to hear the new interface is not working well for you. I've sent you an email to learn more and see if we can get to the bottom this.

• Reviewed on 13/07/2019
Daniella P.
Psychologist.

"Using PD in Practice"

Pros: I love that I can do everything in once place- diary, client info, billing and rebate processing (this is a big aspect of my business)

Cons: It would be great if there was an app
I’m not very tech savvy, so having more accessible customer support would be great

Anton V.

"Making Psychology easy"

Pros: Ease of use and functionality
Like having a personalised admin
Financial reports

Cons: Inability to work with Xero
Accountants needing access via Xero and to result invoices

by Power Diary on 29/05/2019

Hi Anton, Thanks for your review! It sounds like you might have had some difficulty with the Xero export. If we can help with this let me know via [email protected] and we'll get right on it. We recently were granted accreditation as an official 'Xero Partner'.

Mandy R.
  • Reviewed on 14/06/2019

"Meeting todays customers needs today"

Comments: My clients what an instant response to making an appointment, and then confirmation and a reminder about that appointment. 24/7. They get it with Power Diary

Pros: From the front end and the back end, it is straight forward and accessible to all

Cons: When updates and changes are made, and then having to relearn how to use it

by Power Diary on 17/07/2019

Thanks for the great review Mandy!

• Reviewed on 14/06/2019
Sue M.
  • Reviewed on 30/05/2019

"Power Diary's review"

Comments: na

Pros: definitely helps me manage and organize my work and private life

Cons: Constant changes and more clicks and scrolling needed to get to commonly used features over time.

by Power Diary on 03/06/2019

Thanks for your review Sue. Yes, technology certainly moves at a fast pace! You'll be pleased to know though that we do a 'click count' whenever we release an upgrade or new feature to make sure you can navigate Power Diary with as few clicks as possible.

• Reviewed on 30/05/2019
Fiona C.
Mental Health Social Worker

"Excellent system"

Comments: It have saved me so much time, not having to manually create invoices or keep excel documents for payments.
It has been great going electronic for all my notes and made everything more organised.

Pros: This software had streamlined my private practice - I work over 2 clinics and means I have one easy system for appointments, financial reports and clinic notes.

Cons: I don’t have any issues with the software

by Power Diary on 19/07/2019

Hi Fiona, great to hear that Power Diary is saving you lots of time. That's exactly what we aim to do! Great to have you onboard!
-- (Another!) Fiona

David W.
Principal
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees

"Excellent product"

Comments: Nice look. Easy to get used to and train staff in its use. Far easier and nicer to use than all the other installed software we have previously used to manage our practice

Pros: Ease of use
Easy to customise
Web cloud based
Reliable

Cons: Nothing so far

Lisa L.

"Great program"

Comments: We love the text messages and ability to do reports, send bulk emails and generate letters

Pros: Customer support is quick and efficient

Cons: Cost of program and SMS is a bit expensive

by Power Diary on 19/07/2019

Hi Lisa, Thanks so much for your review. Yes the SMS's do cost a bit but they should also be saving you a lot in reduced no-shows! Glad to have your feedback!
-- Fiona

Roscoe H.
Physiotherapist
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2019

"Use in a Physiotherapy Practice"

Pros: Easy to update progress notes quickly during / following appointments
Appointment reminders are helpful to confirm scheduled appointments

Cons: Initially I was unable to electronically submit DVA invoices

• Reviewed on 29/05/2019
Paul P.
Clinical and Forensic Psychologist

"Power Diary Review"

Comments: My experience of power diary has been a very positive one. It’s helped me better track my cash flow, my patient flow and my referral streams. I don’t really have any complaints about it.

Pros: I like that it is so simple and straightforward. It saves me a lot of time and money with all of my practice administration and allows me to keep track of things like when letters are due and things of that nature.

Cons: There’s no real mobile app. Having software with better IOS functionality would be very helpful

by Power Diary on 19/07/2019

Thanks very much for your review, Paul! Glad to hear Power Diary is helping with your cash flows, patient flows and referrals!
--Fiona

Antonia C.
  • Reviewed on 12/06/2019

"Reasons for choosing and staying with Power Diary"

Comments: It has helped productivity and reliability.

Pros: The software is easy to use and offers a range of useful features. It saves time when invoicing clients and stores all necessary information in one place.

Cons: I can think of no negatives at this time.

• Reviewed on 12/06/2019
Mariela O.
Clinical Psychologist/Director

"Power Diary"

Comments: It's an affordable and practical practice management system.

Pros: It is functional, able to take care of a number of ongoing processes which facilitates running of a psychological practice.

Cons: Changes to system are not always for the better. Presently, if a client has had a late cancellation, flagging this erases the appointment. In the past, other changes have been made which have made the program more cumbersome to use. Some new additions have been helpful such as packs.

by Power Diary on 15/06/2019

Hi Mariela, Thanks for your review. You can actually change whether cancelled appointments are displayed or not. On your calendar click on the three little dots on the top right. You'll see an option 'Show / Hide Cancelled Appointments'. Your preference will be remembered on your computer too. If you have any questions please let our Support Team know via [email protected] or jump on a Live chat by clicking on the Help menu. - Damien

Georgina I.
Mental Health Care, 11-50 Employees

"Great for psychologists"

Comments: Really good for psychology practices

Pros: Like the function of attaching files to each note, being able to design multiple note templates

Cons: Interface is a bit dated, would like to have shortcut to must used functions within clients

Lisa J.

"Powerdiary"

Pros: Simple automative system, rapport, note taking

Cons: Cost, cant hand write noted into it, time to set up and learn

Stacey T.
Receptionist
Mental Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2019

"Easy to use"

Pros: We have found the program to be easy to use, keeping appointment records etc all in the one place

Cons: Would love to have automated forms for new clients.

• Reviewed on 15/08/2019
Roxanne W.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees

"Power Diary Review"

Pros: Easy to use and plug ins and functionity

Cons: Multi users dairies do not notify when appointment slot is alredy taken by other therapist

Rhonda C.
osteopath
Alternative Medicine, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2019

"New Powerdiary user"

Comments: Convenience of online access to Powerdiary for practitioners and online booking for patients is huge for us.
Communication with the team is easy and quick responses are the rule. Great value.

Pros: Convenience, communication, ease of use (with a couple of qualifiers)

Cons: Clunky re-appointment system, online booking system could look more attractive to users/patients

• Reviewed on 01/08/2019
Sue K.
Alternative Medicine, Self Employed

"Does it all"

Comments: Like how I wrote in the pros, I just love that Power diary does everything I need to run a business and there's scope for even more than what I need should my business grow and use more staff etc. I have often read about other practitioners frustrations about their (different) software program but I never have these same issues so power diary must have got all these things sorted. Plus the staff get back to you quick should you need help finding out how to do something. Talking of staff, they were amazing at helping me transfer all my old file details across when I first set up in Power Diary, otherwise it would have been a huge mission, especially putting all my stock into the system.

Pros: I Love the ability to integrate all aspects of running a naturopathic business from the diary, email confirmations, text messages that remind the client, invoicing, connecting with xero accounting, allowing my accountant access to the stuff she needs but nothing else, total lockdown of clients session info once saved, or save in draft mode if additional info needed to be added after an email, all details in the one place including any correspondence I have with client, ability to send birthday messages and newsletters in bulk, stock inventory and can even take payments. Really, the list goes on...

Cons: I think the only things I don't like is that you need to use quite a few clicks to get to different places rather than hover with mouse and get an instant dropdown box, but then even my bank is like that and I'm a bit fussy with easy tech stuff. Really, it's not an issue and has been getting better over the years.