EngageBay Reviews

4.6 (369) Write a Review!

About EngageBay

EngageBay is a simple, affordable all-in-one marketing, sales and service CRM software to acquire, engage, nurture, close leads.

Learn more about EngageBay

Pros:

I love using a multiform that can manage all of my data and daily functions in the one place without having to sync and integrate multiple platforms using third party service providers.

Cons:

NO SMS Function However I have been told this is coming soon.

EngageBay ratings

4.5
4.9
4.6
4.7

8.8/10

EngageBay has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 369 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used EngageBay before?

Azizah
Azizah
Office Management in Malaysia
Telecommunications, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Complete package for marketing tool

Pros:

We received a complete software package consisting of at least forty diverse modules, which would have cost thousands of bucks. Due to this software, we have ended a profusion of subscriptions. We contacted support with a simple message and got a response nearly immediately.

Cons:

It costs a lot of money to buy more email space. Suppose there was a way to lower the cost of sending emails. Arranging a batch job to perform a sequence or automation at a predetermined time and day

José Gabriel
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst in Angola
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees

An All-in-One Solution for Businesses - EngageBay

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, EngageBay is an excellent all-in-one solution for businesses. The comprehensive feature set makes it a great choice for both small and large businesses. The user interface is easy to use, and customer service is always available to help. The only downside is the cost, but for those who are willing to invest in it, EngageBay is definitely worth the price.

Pros:

EngageBay is an amazing all-in-one solution for businesses. It offers a comprehensive suite of features that are tailored for both small and large businesses. It has everything I need to manage customer relationships, marketing campaigns, and more. The user interface is easy to use and the customer support is always available to answer any questions I may have.

Cons:

While EngageBay is a great all-in-one solution, it can be a bit expensive for some businesses. The pricing plans are quite comprehensive, but they can be a bit overwhelming for those who don't have an in-depth knowledge of online marketing tools. Additionally, some features require additional setup and configuration, which can be time-consuming.

CTO in Romania
Internet, 2-10 Employees

Absolutely horrible!!

Comments: I've setup a "Sequence" with 3 emails to be sent before holding my Webinar and thought everything was ok and went on. Just to come back on the day of the Webinar to see that nothing was sent and every contact was hard bounced. Yes every single one of them.
Furthermore I couldn't send any email broadcasts to the contacts either. So mainly I was left with leads for my Webinar which I couldn't even use, were it up to Engagebay.
The support team's solution? Purchase credits to "verify the contacts" to be able to use them.
So besides making me lose my time, not delivering the emails and rendering all my contacts useless they want me to purchase something for it to actually work??
Absolutely disgusting and shameful business practices! They then tell me that the problem is not on their end and insist that every contact has an invalid email address. With another similar service I sent the emails with ease. Out of all the contacts, only 4 bounced.
Engagebay has set me back a lot with this.
Avoid at all costs!

Pros:

At first I liked what it offered for the free plan (things that other similar services didn't offer for free).

Cons:

It doesn't work at all and the support team asks you to purchase credits for it to work.

last year

Hi there, sorry to know about your experience with EngageBay. Just to bring to your notice, a hard bounce happens only when the email address is invalid. It looks like that is the case here. If the email address is invalid, there is nothing we can do from our end to avoid a hard bounce. To prevent such cases, we recommend all our users to verify all the emails they have on the list. Please note that we do not provide email verifier service ourselves and hence recommend other 3rd party solutions. Seems like the other service you used has a built in validation service and hence the bounces were limited. I would recommend you to send an email to [email protected] including the registered email address for your account and we can check what may have caused the bounces, though we are certain that it was due to the emails being invalid, we could always cross check.

Daniel
President in US
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

Happy Engage Bay User

5.0 4 days ago New

Comments: Overall it's been great. Just a little bit of a hard start, but as I said, support had been excellent.

Pros:

- Tons of features and functionality- Love the all-in-one nature of the program (CRM, Email Mktg, Calendar Scheduling, Live Chat, and more)- Excellent customer service. Very responsive whenever we need help. That's a huge benefit!- Very up-to-date interface- Continual improvement of product- Willingness to fix things and take feature suggestions seriously

Cons:

There is a learning curve and some of the features were hard for us to figure out at first. We have to make use of their support team more than we would have liked due to difficulty figuring things out and/or inability to find the appropriate support documentation. However, I believe that has improved.

Aman Preet
Aman Preet
Developer in India
Automotive, 10,000+ Employees

Pros and cons of EngageBay

4.0 last month New

Comments: Overall experience was quite good with EngageBay as it helped us with the tool that we needed for the priority basis other than average customer support everything was worth to chose EngageBay

Pros:

There were 2 main features because of what we chose EngageBay over other CRMs i.e email marketing (bulk email management tool) and ticketing system (mainly for IT infrastructure issues).EngageBay was quite handy and smooth to operate in both of these features that fulfilled our current requirements.

Cons:

The only con that we as a team experienced was the customer support was not that reliable as at times we were getting late responses from customer support team and taking more time as expected to resolve the issue.

Alternatives Considered: SAP Sales Cloud and Freshsales

Reasons for Choosing EngageBay: Based on the current requirements of our team they were not able to give reliable features support.

Switched From: Pipedrive and Nutshell

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay: Financial team was not satisfied for the long run collaboration.

Mansur
Mansur
Product Manager in Turkey
Business Supplies & Equipment, 2-10 Employees

A Comprehensive and Easy-to-Use CRM Platform

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, EngageBay is a great CRM platform that offers a range of features to help businesses manage their customer relationships. It is easy to use and has an intuitive interface. Additionally, it offers a range of pricing plans to suit different business needs.

Pros:

My favorite feature of EngageBay is the marketing automation tools. This makes it easier to send out automated emails, track customer interactions, and create personalized campaigns. It also makes it easier to segment customers and leads, as well as score leads based on their behavior.

Cons:

My least favorite thing about EngageBay is the lack of customization options. It can be difficult to customize the look and feel of the platform to match the branding of a business. Additionally, the reporting features are limited.

Dan
Dan
Marketing Manager in Israel
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees

Great value-for-money, excellent support and all the features we need

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Great so far

Pros:

Tailored to our needs, often more robust than anticipated, and simply works. When it doesn't, support is quick to correct and help.

Cons:

UI/UX needs improvement in terms of user feedback and overall usability. A save button should save, not redirect you to another page to start all over again. Some features should be marked BETA because they clearly are, while the core ones work well.

Alternatives Considered: Pipeline

Reasons for Choosing EngageBay: Price and overall features and functionalities. EngageBay honestly does the same for a fraction of the cost. BUT, HubSpot's automation is still 'smarter'. That's the catch.

Rolando
Agency Owner in US
Insurance, 2-10 Employees

Great all in one solution for any Insurance Agency

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I was looking for a something to replace Active campaign and EngageBay fit the bill. I am able to add more contacts and create the same email automation that I was using in AC. For the price, EngageBay is saving me money and providing more application to use.

Pros:

One place to track all leads and their communication. Easy integration with Hubspot and Zapier.

Cons:

Not to much. For now, I am not using the Service products.

Mike
Owner in US
Insurance, 2-10 Employees

Very good Hubspot alternative.

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: My exprience has been really good thus far.

Pros:

This product has a lot of great features and the customer service is fantastic. It is probably the best I've come across. There is so much you can do with this product to ensure the success of your clients.

Cons:

Need to have more video about the features of this product to help give users an example of what is possible.

Alternatives Considered: HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing EngageBay: I wanted more value for the price I was paying for Hubspot.

Switched From: HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay: see above.

Shashwat
Marketing Manager in India
Staffing & Recruiting, 11-50 Employees

Engagebay: All in one Email Automation Platform

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I have had a positive experience with Engagebay. It has been easy to use and set up, allowing me to quickly get up and running on its platform. I was able to easily create customer profiles and track interactions across multiple channels, from emailing to social media campaigns. Additionally, the built-in analytics dashboard gave me powerful insights into how my campaigns were performing, helping me make better decisions about how to target my audiences.

Pros:

Its powerful automation capabilities allow users to stay on top of all their customer interactions in one place and react quickly in order to maximize returns. Additionally, its intuitive interface makes it easy for users to set up campaigns within minutes so they can focus on what matters most - building deeper relationships with customers.

Cons:

One of the primary cons of Engagebay is its limited customization options. The platform offers few customization options for users to tailor it to their specific needs, meaning businesses may have to make do with a more generic version of the platform that doesn't quite fit their needs. Additionally, some users have experienced issues with Engagebay's integrations and reporting tools which can add extra complexity when trying to use the software efficiently.

Parminder
Director in India
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

Customer Support

Comments: We are able to manage our customers and prospects well. With automations and workflows we are able to set up drip campaign which keep lead warmer and help in conversions.
Email handling is very good, we are able to do email campaigns
We are also using ticketing tool for customer support.
Chat widget is good and used in our multiple sites.
Loved pop up and messages displayed on my different sites , intelligent control through engage bay. If two step pop up capturing phone number with country code and email is given would really solve our business problem and improve our whatsapp integration

Pros:

Found a very good customer support. My couple of issues were resolved realy fast appreciate same. Easy to use tool, workflows and automations are easy to set up and very useful

Cons:

Additional email purchase is very very expensive. Would love this tool and blindly recommend to all of my community if additional email purchase can be reduced. One additional functionality which can be very useful for business can be scheduling a batch job to run workflow or automation on specific date and time or with specific frequency like daily or weekly. In forms phone number field need to be improved - country code should be captured correctly associated with main phone number

Alternatives Considered: ConvertKit and ClickFunnels

Reasons for Choosing EngageBay: More functions and features - single crm tool with most features

Switched From: Jira

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay: Click funnels is very expensive - but landing pages are awesome will switch to click funnel for landing pages once I have budget Convertkit is very good for email marketing - but engagebay offers full crm solution which both product does not have. Engage bay email functionality is very expensive so will look for integration with convertkit in near future.

Matthew
IT in Canada
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees

8 Month use Review

Comments: Software is overall nice some features are missing and some on the current ones are limited but overall its very easy to use and hope to see where the software goes to into the future

Pros:

The software is nice to use some features are pretty self-explanatory, but there are some features that are missing maybe adding like a module based system where you are able to create and customize modules to your liking, which our previous CRM system was able to do wish there was a function like so.

Cons:

Some features are missing, or are under development but the current ones available are fine for now but as the industry grows your CRM should be able to adapt otherwise it's not good

2 years ago

Thanks for the review Matthew. We look forward to receiving all the customer feedback and making EngageBay the best marketing and sales software for growing companies.

Saurabh
Saurabh
Marketing Head in India

Outstanding Marketing Automation Platform

Comments: Overall, I will recommend Engagebay to all my colleagues in the marketing world. Simply outstanding tool. Its truly all in one marketing tool

Pros:

I love the marketing automation, landing pages, email broadcast feature of the tool. Above all, I love the pricing of the tool. Early-stage startups like us who have no marketing budget, but still want to initiate marketing will love it.

Cons:

List management needs improvement. But, I am confident that they will improve it for sure.

Alternatives Considered: Zoho Marketing Automation, ActiveCampaign, Freshsales, Sendinblue, Keap, Mailchimp and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing EngageBay: Zoho Campaigns is not good (simply put - its bad marketing tool). So, we looked alternative and switched to Engagebay, which served our needs

Switched From: Zoho Campaigns

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay: EngageBay is a cost-effective tool, simply put alternative to super expensive Hubspot

Murat Yasar
Founder in Turkey
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Great features with no cost and unbelievable effective and fast support

Pros:

Easy to deploy and use. Very fast and effective support. Additional requests are developed and issued bugs are fixed almost instantly. I have never seen this fast development capability before in any other software before.

Cons:

It would require to develop some additional features for ticket management. But I am sure they would do that instantly after reporting. They have done that to my requests before within 1 day.

Alternatives Considered: Freshdesk

Reasons for Choosing EngageBay: Free version was very limited. Engagebay provides much more function in its free version.

Switched From: Freshdesk

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay: ngagebay provides much more function in its free version.

Mirna
Marketing Generalist in Netherlands

Good Product , Customer service and Cost

Pros:

The platforms has a lot of features (we are mostly using the marketing side of it). Their customer support is quick to respond, open to suggestions and tries implementing fixes and new features asap. Once you get used to using it, building landing pages is smooth and quick.

Cons:

Automating posting on socials (e.g. LinkedIn) didn't work very well for us. Some features could be better documented/explained (e.g. custom fields and connection to forms & filtering, email reporting), so that you don't need to contact their customer service. On the positive side, the customer service is very responsive so most questions get answered quite quickly.

Ian
Ian
MD in UK

Great Product and Service

Comments: A pleasure to work with, really want to do anything thy can to help you out.

Pros:

Really proactive when we ask for any update. Very responsive. Really friendly team. Easy to use.

Cons:

There is nothing to add here but the form has to have 40 characters!

2 years ago

Thanks for the review Ian.

Levi
CEO in Israel
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees

A real rivel to HubSpot

Comments: The customer service has been amazing and we have had very little problem getting started using Enagagbay after spending a year with Hubspot.

Pros:

Engagebay has everything one needs from a CRM and then some. We previously used Hubspot and in terms of functionality, there is not much difference between the two. But in terms of value for money Engagebay is so much better. In addition, customer support is really second to none. I have never had an issue that they were unable to solve almost immediately. The sales pipeline system works perfectly as does the contact management.

Cons:

In terms of cons the only aspect I would suggest is that at time the UX is not as intuitive as one would like,e However, the customer support and the value for money make up for any deficiency in this area.

Marcin
Marketing and Promotions Specialist in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 Employees

First Time User

Comments: This is my first time using EngageBay and my first CRM program, and I love it. I tried to use another program as well, as a free trail, but I instantly liked EngageBay a lot more. The layout and ease of use is so much better in Engagebay.

Pros:

I love how EngageBay has everything in one program. You can add contacts, which could be potential new users for new services. You can create email templates which are very neat and easy to do. You can track emails sent out and see which contacts opened them. Etc.

Cons:

One thing that can be integrated is adding a calendar view straight onto the email templates, so that people can click on a day and time and schedule appointments. (Instead of taking to a different page)

Alternatives Considered: HubSpot Marketing Hub and Commence

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay: The ease of use and layout of EngageBay were one of the main reasons I chose Engagebay over other products.

Tom
Tom
Founder in US

It Keeps Getting Better

Comments: This software made my day, month, and year. Everything is easier now.

Pros:

We started out looking for an affordable CRM/Email Marketing System that didn't charge by # of Contacts. EngageBay was the most affordable of those we found, but since we had never heard of it, we were skeptical it would be very useful. We were so wrong. This is one of those products that gets better, not worse, the more you dig in into it. It feels like I know a secret that no one else knows. IT HAS EVERYTHING. All in one app. We're saving so much money. We got an entire suite of software with at least 40 modules that we would have had to pay for from other apps (Social, SMS, Sales Management, Appointment Calendar, Ticket System, Live Chat, Integrated Automations, Etc..) We can cancel so many services thanks to this software. We had one issue logging in with the WordPress Apps, but it turned out to be our fault for not reading the manual. We sent a quick chat, and customer service answered on almost instantly. They were fast, very knowledgeable, patient, and kind. That 5-star service made the sale for us. We moved 22,000 contacts from another service that has 5% of the capability of EngageBay. I don't write reviews. But I feel like we got so much for so little that I had to give back. We will be recommending this to all of our small business clients.

Cons:

I can't think of anything yet. We're still on the Honeymoon.

Kamran
CEO in Pakistan

Its really an alternative to HubSpot and Agile CR<

Comments: It has been a great experience and i onboarding is super easy.

Pros:

Well I tried several CRMs which include ZOHO CRM PLUS, AGILE ENTERPRISE, and Hubspot for a while. Most CRMs have same functionalities but when it comes to pricing its way different. Engagebay has everything which Agile, ZOHO, Hubspot has but at a fraction of the cost. When you are running a digital business you probably have thousand of leads or contacts who you want to nurture and with limited contacts you cant do miracles. Engagebay has give me unlimited storage of contacts and i can send 50,000 emails a month without connecting any other email app like sendgrid or mailchimp. Other thing is support, their 24 hours support is awesome and team is also cooperative as well. Therefore, you should try this since it has everything which a high end CRM has but at fraction of the cost. I would highly recommend EngageBay to use.

Shannon
CEO/Founder in US

The Best All-in-One Budget Friendly CRM Out There!

Comments: Overall, the tool has served our needs. Anytime I need to get help with something I don't understand or feel isn't working properly I can almost always get customer service help immediately through chat. They are always helpful and polite.

Pros:

After having used several other CRM tools (Infusionsoft, HubSpot, and Insightly) investing in EngageBay was a no brainer to me. Why? It offers all of the "things" that most businesses need such as a robust CRM, Sales Pipeline, Email Automation, Calendar Tool, Email Marketing and MORE. I was paying so much more for all of these features with the other companies and wasn't using everything. It was a massive investment that just did not make sense. EngageBay makes sense.

Cons:

There are a couple things that I enjoyed having access to in Hubspot that EngageBay does not do well, yet. Having the ability to customize my proposals would be a game changer. Currently, it's very limited in how you can pull this off in the proposals feature. I would also appreciate a more customizable calendar feature.

Brendan
CEO in South Africa

Engagebay CRM

Comments: We are using Engagebay for our 3 account managers and 3 pre-sales people to collaborate and track deals. it has streamline the tracking of opportunities and given us a way to centralise documentation so that order processing can be tracked and made very efficient.

Pros:

The ability to create custom fields that suit the unique approach of clients is excellent. The interface is intuitive and a number of sales people have commented that it is very easy to use and update deals. The support is excellent and fast. You get almost instant responses on chat. Also if you make a suggestion, they are quick to incorporate it if it has value.

Cons:

Having more detailed documentation would definitely help. However the almost always available chat and quick responses goes a long way to offset this. I would like to see the ability to be able to standardise dashboards across all users centrally as opposed to having to create them on each users instance.

Ritam
Founder in India
Broadcast Media, 11-50 Employees

Very Apt for Mid Size Companies

Comments: I use not one but 3 accounts of engagebay for 3 different business purposes and maintain over 300K of my contacts there. Imagine how good it would be!

Pros:

I love that Engagebay is a very intuitive UI and simple to use even for beginners. It has all the features that a mid size business or a startup will require. The chat support is the cherry on the cake.

Cons:

The pricing could have been better. After a certain contacts, the pricing becomes too costly.

Braulio
Founder & Tour Leader in Colombia
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self Employed

A game-changer for small brand that aim to grow fast

Comments: I have managed to organize all prospects, communications and marketing assets in a single tool.

Pros:

Engagebay is easy to use and the support team is always available. Thanks for creating this

Cons:

The basic version is super-powered. No complaints but some limitations are pushing to Growth plan.

Alternatives Considered: Close

Reasons for Choosing EngageBay: More tailored for small growing businesses.

Switched From: HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay: More suitable and integral solution.

Sayali
Owner in South Africa

Engagebay is the way to go!

Pros:

1. Easy to use, even for newbies 2. Excellent support and walkthroughs.[SENSITIVE CONTENT] answers all questions even via email. 3. Smooth functioning once you get the hang of things. 4. Easy to implement no matter what website you use. I used it both on my custom designed Laravel site as well as on Wordpress.

Cons:

1. Templates for landing pages and emails are poor. You're almost always better off starting from scratch and creating one or cloning a URL. 2. For beginners, the system and workflow is hard to master, especially because their Youtube training videos are amateur and boring.