15 years helping Singaporean businesses

Microsoft Excel Reviews

4.8 (18,883) Write a Review!

About Microsoft Excel

Data analysis solution that helps businesses manage spreadsheets, create graphs/charts, perform calculations, share projects, and more.

Learn more about Microsoft Excel

Pros:

It's versatile functionality and data handling is best in class. It's online help and a huge user community makes it easy to learn and collaborate.

Cons:

1 year later, I found out I had to pay year after year. I was very disappointed that I had been deceived.

Microsoft Excel ratings

4.3
4.3
4.7
4.6

9.1/10

Microsoft Excel has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 18,883 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Microsoft Excel before?

Filter reviews (18,883)

Karen May
Karen May
Owner in New Zealand
Accounting, Self Employed

Excel is still the most reliable spreadsheet and vital business tool for every organization

Comments: Excel is a great tool for users who work on large amounts of data and can handle complex calculations with 100% accuracy. It allows you to create pivot tables, sort, retrieve and analyze data, perform macros in VBA, build charts, tables, and many more features in a breeze! As an Accountant by profession, Excel has always been my best buddy throughout my career progression up until now and it never ceases to amaze me about the powerful features that I’ve yet to discover and utilize for more productivity and efficiency in my work. My top favorite Excel features are the following:
- Scalable formula and calculation functions (IF, SUMIF, VLOOKUP, INDEX-MATCH, etc.): Excel allows you to extend the formula up, down, across the spreadsheet. You just need to create the formula once in one cell and Excel will help you to populate the formula in the designated rows/columns in your report.
- Excel shortcut keys: it dramatically increases my productivity by using these tricks. It makes you look like a Pro and believe me, anyone will get intimidated when they see you typing so fast without using any mouse!
- Conditional formatting: it makes your data more sophisticated and visually appealing to the users of the information.
- Pivot tables: works like a magic when reviewing hundreds of thousands or even millions of data in one spreadsheet.
- Paste special: copy+paste from one source to your spreadsheet with options of maintaining the formatting, value, comments, or even formula.

Pros:

- Able to organize voluminous data into orderly, logical spreadsheets and charts - Allows simple to complex formula and calculations quickly regardless of the amount of data - Microsoft Office and Google sheet integration

Cons:

- Learning curve; it takes a lot of practice and training in order to advance your Excel skills. - Calculation errors; Excel will never know whether the data you inputted is correct or not. - Expensive cost of entry; Google sheets is free

Agnes
Quality supervisor in Canada
Pharmaceuticals, 51–200 Employees

daily user

5.0 last month New

Comments: I have learnt a lot in my years of using excel and I am learning something new everyday. I ant imagine a workday without this software. It is useful, but also fun to use

Pros:

I use excel daily, for data management, KPI, tracking and presentation of data. I find it one of the most useful software's, with a lot of different options for data sorting, and presentation. One of one features i use regularly is pivot tables, which make data management extremely easy to present and sort. The addition of graph creation directly from pivot tables is very helpful. The many different ways of formatting graphs makes it very easy to present.

Cons:

There is a lot to know in excel including many formulas which are useful in data management, but it is not easy to always figure out which formula to use and how to write it to get what you want from the data. However, this is more related to my level of knowledge and not really excel limitation. Google is always a helpful tool in trying to find the correct formula

Nathan
Nathan
Senior Software Engineer in US
Law Practice, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Well, it's an option

Comments: A tolerant level of frustration, like accepting your parents or siblings because they're your only family, but they irritate you to no end. It's there and it's all you got because Google cloud apps are blocked by your law firm.

Pros:

The pros are thin on this software. I'll list them by number. 1. The software is over 20 years old and has been refined and recreated numerous times over that period. 2. It makes creating lists very easy when copying and pasting information from tables on web forms. It intuitively pastes tables by column and row quite accurately 99% of the time and enables you to take one column as a list and paste it anywhere else. This utility reduces the tedium of quickly conveying information to co-workers considerably. 3. The ability to import data by comma or tab delimited text files is also exceedingly powerful in reducing time spent listing or reporting on specific items in a format that is not conducive to pasting into a table, or perhaps powershell script derived data outputted to a comma delimited text file. As a computer engineer, this takes hours and hours of time and compresses it into minutes. 4. The formulas, while available on Google or other spreadsheets, are also good pros and help with calculating anything you need to do in terms of math from other columns, in my case and in short, capacity and utilization percentages of storage devices on hand.

Cons:

What I like least are the frustrating things, and while few, these really irk me and stand out as a problem, especially in creating reports for people using the formulas, math and functions that spreadsheets are best known for. Case in point: The ability to copy and paste just the function into another spreadsheet that is open. It simply does not work unless you tab out of the existing cell and this is because, annoyingly, separate files, completely separate Excel spreadsheets, all act as if they're part of the same file. If I have one spreadsheet xlsx file open and a separate one open where I'm copying and pasting pertinent data from one to the other, it acts as if I'm in the same spreadsheet and the behavior is inexplicably wonky and unusable. I just want to copy the formula plain text as is into the cell of another spreadsheet because I want to use that same math for data related to other irrelevant items. Google Sheets does not do this at all. Maybe this was something Accountants wanted for some crazy reason that I'll never encounter as an engineer. But this is obnoxious and makes me scream at the computer often. The other con is that I do not like the non-intuitive UI and clunky way to simply save files. It pushes One Drive, and pushes it hard like non stop telemarketing calls. Also, I just prefer the old way to save files. Call me old fashioned but it was simple. I don't need the whole screen to change when cling the file tab.

Accounting, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Microsoft Excel - Spreadsheet software for formatting and analysis

Comments: I appreciate utilizing and becoming familiar with Excel. There are several ways of utilizing it and making it personal for your work. It is extremely practical for data management and is extremely easy to use all functions and features.

Pros:

It is so flexible to use. Rather than using Adding machine, I can undoubtedly see what I'm computing. It encompasses all of my finance framework and it is involved in my weekly computations. Ascertaining utilizing fields from different pages is excellent and effortless to use. Any work concerning bookkeeping, organization, and computations can be feasible by using Microsoft Excel.

Cons:

Firstly, it doesn't come free with your PC. Therefore, you would likely need to purchase it, and it may be somewhat costly for some individuals. However, you may pay it monthly, which can be more sufficient and affordable for those who aren't willing to pay the full yearly cost upfront. While LibreOffice may be a more ideal choice for a PC, Microsoft office 365 offers other services that are easier to work with, especially for users who aren't as knowledgeable about computers or technology as a whole. However, Google Docs/Excel is free and also very easy to use. Although other platforms offer similar services, Office 365 (Excel) is an ideal choice for personal work.

Sophia
Tutor in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Amazing product

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Excel is the classic product for managing spreadsheets. Using it for managing our caseloads of students makes life much easier and more organized. Plus, you can easily find information and reorganize data the way you want to.

Cons:

Sometimes it can be hard to manage all the different formulas you need to properly manage the data. However, the pros outweigh the cons!

Bradley
Marketing Director in Canada
Automotive, 51–200 Employees

Good data input.

Pros:

Excel is widely compatible with other software we use internally.

Cons:

Features and data formatting can sometimes present in unintended ways.

Rachid
Sales executive in United Arab Emirates
Banking, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Microsoft Excel review

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Microsoft Excel is a program that help peoples and companies to do their academic or professional work easily and effectively.

Pros:

Collaboration tools is a most option in Microsoft Excel

Cons:

Offline mode is a least option for me in Microsoft Excel.

Erin
Quantity Surveyor in UK
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Couldn’t do my job without it

Pros:

There are just so many benefits to using excel! It’s so easy to work with once you are confident, and not over complicated.

Cons:

It can take some time to learn the formulas, but they are easy to memorise.

Roshan
Doctor Liaison in UK
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Best tool for spreadsheets and tracking!

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

I use Microsoft on a daily to track MDT clinical processes in addition to calculating data in a spreadsheet.

Cons:

N/A - I absolutely love everything and it is the most vital tool for me daily working

Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

Dependable Data Tracker

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Extremely beneficial in tracking data and productivity

Cons:

Does take some time to learn how to use, however once understood it is an extremely efficient tool

Music, 501–1,000 Employees

There's No Better Spreadsheet Application!

Comments: Excel has been utilised within our business by multiple departments to fit needs such as storing financial data, to automating the working out many calculations using formulas, to storing information in structured tables. It is very adaptable and can fit whatever use you find for it. Using Excel to automate some areas work has meant productivity within the business has increased, and as most - if not all - staff have previous experience using Excel it means our technical support staff receive less support tickets relating to Excel.

Pros:

Excel is a very well-established piece of software which meant for us technical staff it was easy to deploy and have staff use without needing to provide lots of training sessions, as everyone already had experience using Excel. It was very easy to deploy on computers through custom installation packages, and it can be maintained and administered using GPOs in an enterprise environment. Updates are provided regularly by Microsoft for the application, and there is a wealth of support information and user guidance online for how to use the software. Within Excel you can use 'functions' to complete formulas, such as adding all values in a column up or dividing a number of values and displaying results. Like other Office applications, it provides print support and can save in a number of formats including CSV, XLSX, or XML. Cells can be coloured in and fonts can be modified to make data look more appealing.

Cons:

If there is a large amount of data saved in an Excel file, it can sometimes cause the program to run at a reduced speed as it struggles to cope; however this can vary depending on hardware and is only in extreme situations with large amounts of data, and most cases the software runs fine. Some functions aren't well documented and can be challenging to use if you haven't got previous experience with using functions.

Dayley
Dayley
Website & Marketing Manager in Thailand
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

The perfect Accounting Solution

Comments: I have personally used Excel for over 15 years now, and each version adds new capabilities. The only software that just keeps on giving! The calculations are always correct, there is never any faults with the software, and although we have a separate software nowadays that is cloud-based for our shops, we still like to use Excel daily. Its a perfect solution for any startup to medium sized business, and a MUST for any accountant. Definitely highly recommended by myself.

Pros:

EVERYTHING is easy with Excel. You have the options to colour co-ordinate cells, selections, and entire spreadsheets. You can name each sheet for easier clarification. Calculations can be done automatic which is a huge time saver with very large amounts of data. Currency symbols can automatically be added to certain columns, rows, selections. You have the option to use number formatting (to include 1 or 2 numbers after a decimal point for example). You have full control over text formatting (Bold, Italic, colours, fonts, underlines, strike-through etc just like you would from any other Microsoft products such as 'Microsoft Word'. You can add fully custom conditions to cells, selections, rows columns, sheets (If 'X' > 0 then change the cells background colour to red - which highlights negative numbers). And to really put the cherry on the cake... you can go deeper using Visual Basic to create macros for automating many tasks. Seen as Visual Basic is a programming language, you could even stretch to create a login for your spreadsheet (if you know what you are doing). There really is 0 limitations to using Excel.

Cons:

There is no options to have a cloud based Excel spreadsheet. If there were, I am pretty sure most businesses would ditch their current software and stick with Excel. Our business has multiple physical shops, so being able to share to document amongst all shops for them to collaborate would be ideal. But unfortunately Excel doesn't have this. Such a shame.

Bonnie
educator in US
Higher Education, 201–500 Employees

Excel

Comments: I think Excel is great and I am not an accountant or bookkeeper!
At work it helps me track open and close dates of events and programs, as well as help keep my budget on track. I even use its Alignment/Orientation function to print the names on graduation certificates. That one is a life saver! I also create calendars with Excel to help me remember reoccurring announcements that are posted only few times each semester, but not always on the same day/date (other calendar tools do not work as well for this).
At home I use Excel to help me organize everything from names on a gift registry to costs and supplies for family birthday parties and Christmas wish/shopping lists.
I use Excel every semester to help me organize the kids hectic school, sports, and activity schedules so we don't leave anyone without a ride or babysitter! (Color coding is especially helpful with this one.)
And now that the oldest is in college and working part-time, I also use Excel to create an easy to read (and follow) college class and work schedule that I post on the fridge and family bulletin board so we all know when and where he is M-F (so we aren't bugging him if he is in class or at work).
Believe it or not, I even use it to help me and my family track such things as household tasks/duties and even which new Fall premiers are airing first so we don't forget to set up the DVR. I use it literally every day.

Pros:

It is more versatile than you can imagine. I use it at work and at home almost every day. I use it for so many tasks that go far beyond what a normal table or spreadsheet program could do. It is my go-to place for creating tables, calendars, lists, rosters, budget charts, food and calorie logs, shopping/grocery lists, and I could go on and on.

Cons:

I wish Excel would identify misspelled words within the cells as you are typing. Rather than having to remember to go find the spellchecker and use it each time.

Jorden
Owner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Microsoft Excel is the most advanced and intuitive spreadsheet software there is!

Comments: I use Microsoft Excel on a daily basis with my online business. One of the main reasons I use it is to keep records of my taxes. I can have multiple sheets that link to each other and allow me to see what my income and expenses are. But I use it for a wide range of other reasons. Whether it's for keeping track of client records or making graphs of key metrics inside my business. MS Excel is a must have for any business owner!

Pros:

The uses of MS Excel are endless! Working within the spreadsheet you can do so many things. For instance, keeping logs or running totals or data. You can then turn that data into various types of graphs. They have so many templates to choose from to get you started. With these templates, you can make budgets, to do lists, planners, calendars, financial reports, loan calculators, resumes, contact lists, financial models, statistical analyses and even keep track of your taxes! I have so many various types of spreadsheets I use. I even created a custom fat loss calculator for my clients! Like I said MS Excels capabilities are endless!

Cons:

One of the things I dislike about MS Excel is it can be expensive when upgrading from an old version to a new version. But for what it does and how much you'll probably use it, it can be worth the cost. Sometimes there are issues when someone with an older version is getting shared data from a newer version. When this happens there can be conflict and the software may not work right. Also, there is somewhat of a learning curve especially when it comes to using formulas. I have had to look up youtube videos numerous times on how to use certain formulas which did take time.

Cindy
Cindy
Web and Social Media Marketing in South Africa
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Excel Review

Comments: Excel has so many brilliant features, including pie charts and flow charts that I use for my business. It does all of my complicated yearly estimates and my company's quarterly projections beautifully, without any hiccups. All the calculations are done perfectly and I find the auto fill feature really useful too. For example I only need to write out the first two days of the week, or the first two months of the year and the rest of the months are filled in by Excel automatically for me, so I don't have to write everything out. The software is really impressive, I use Excel on a daily basis in both my business and for my personal home use, honestly I can't live without this software!

Pros:

What I like most about Excel is just how smart this software really is! I'm still impressed with it on a daily basis, whether it comes to the more complicated tasks such as filling in the sales numbers of what my company has earned for the week or doing the really basic calculations of what I have spend on groceries for the week. This software is reliable calculations every single time, I don't need a calculator, Excel adds and subtracts every sum I require within seconds. I see this software not only as my personal book keeper, but I also trust it to be a mathematical wizard all rolled in to one, incredibly smart every day helper.

Cons:

What I like least about Excel is just how complicated it can get! It's a brilliant tool to use to help you keep your books, but if you don't know how to use v-look up for example or what a cell is even, you are going to be so lost using this software. It does look intimidating, especially when you see the layout for the first time and seeing all the lines and the numbered grids so neatly categorized out before you, but do not get discouraged because Excel is an awesome tool to use! If you are a first time user you will definitely need either a course in Excel to unlock all of its wonderful features or a coworker that is fluent in Excel to help you get started in the beginning.

Jenna
Artist in US
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

Great for business & list keeping

Comments: My overall experience with Excel is that it is vital for someone running a small business and that it's reliability has been a major factor in me continuing to use it.

Pros:

I have been using excel for my personal business to keep track of payments, addresses, participants, buyers, and much more. I think that it is good that excel has kept its basic format over the years. I learned how to use this software when I was in high school and I did not struggle because it is rather intuitive. As the internet has become even more popular, if I ever want to do something fancy on excel, all I have to do is google and get the directions. I think that this kind of ease of use for a small business person is incredible important, it is all I have used to keep track of these important financial things and it has worked out quite well for me.I also like that the software can be combined with word to generate mailings, lists, and other important things at work. The ease between the different software allowed me to teach much older generations. I think that keeping the formatting of excel was important because I have seen so many other software companies drastically change things and then suddenly no one knows how to use it anymore and that just becomes a huge issue and also that is one big way to lose customers! I think it is great software. I really need it for my business and for keeping track of everything I would forget.

Cons:

I think that at times when I have tried to do the little math tricks using excel I've had some issues with things suddenly freezing or deleting and had to start all over again. I think that there have been some minor bugs in the hassle that have wasted some of my time or had me lose some info, but it is still more reliable than other software I have tried, and I still recommend it.

Radoslav
Database Developer in Bulgaria
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Excel - powerful tool to store your data

Comments: I have been using this product for working purposes. We have been storing some kind of data in shared files for all the team where I have been.
I also have been using it for sending to our clients some reports - from the database on which I was working, which of course let them understand the info easily.
All in all, it helped us to fastly show info among our team, our managers and also our clients.
I pretty recommend the product because it is useful in some of these cases and in many other scenarios in according to the business or even student or home purpose.

Pros:

1. It is easy to install. Also, you even can use the cloud version and not install it on your device, which is a kind of cool thing. 2. It has a lot of powerful features like adding multiple rows and columns, calculating a lot of mathematical formulas on them, as well as your personal formulas for your needs. 3. You can save a lot of time creating your document with some rules and then just enter your data and let excel check for correct info, for some constraints that you defined and etc. 4. All your data, can be easily shown on a lot of chart templates - this helps you understand your data and analyze it. You do not need to custom refresh your charts every time you enter new data in tables - you enter and immediately after that the chart changes with the new info. 5. The product is supported by Office 365 which gives you extra powerful features, one most powerful for me is to work on one file with all your team simultaneously, and not everyone on his own - this saves a lot of time in team working. 6. And finally, the price is worth it, because you have one very powerful tool with its all updates and support.

Cons:

I don't think there is something which to describe as cons. Even though I think this product can be used for data managing for not so big purposes. I mean that one RDBMS Engine like SQL Server will make your projects better, but if only you have to manage with lot of data. Of course, this product is for end-users and not programmers, so in that manner, I think it is quite useful because you can save, manipulate and show your data with charts in an intuitive way and without any knowledge of programming.

Aaron
Aaron
Teacher in US
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Using Excel for Data Organization

Comments: My overall experience with Excel has been positive. There is a decent learning curve, so if you plan on using it, be sure to set aside some time to learn about the different features and how you can make them work best for you. If you are looking for something simple, it may not be the best choice for you. But if you are looking for ways to easily input scores and get lots of helpful data back, then Excel would be a good choice for you.

Pros:

Microsoft Excel is a powerful program. As a teacher, I deal with a lot of student data. Excel allows me to organize this data and set up formulas that break down the numbers for me. Some of the Excel sheets I have created set up basics for me like individual student averages, median scores, etc. It also allows conditional formatting, that automatically assigns selected color choices based on the data. For instance, I have my gradebook set up that scores that fall below 60% automatically change to a red color background. This allows me to easily see the data overview as I look at my different classes. Microsoft Excel has allowed me to analyze data more effectively as a teacher keep all of my scores in one convenient location.

Cons:

The setup of an Excel sheet can be a little confusing at times. It takes some time practice to get everything in the right spot and looking the way you want it to look. Part of the reason for this is because there are so many options with Excel. It can be a little overwhelming for someone who is not a power user. But once you figure out what you want to do, it is easy enough to use the help features and set up the sheet as you would like it to be.

Amy
psychotherapist in US
Mental Health Care, Self Employed

KEEPS EVERYTHING YOU NEED IN ONE PLACE

Comments: I use it daily for tracking all of my business transactions, and I love the fact that it quickly adds the columns for me and gives me a quick and accurate total of my profits, it keeps accurate and easy to set up to use especially for someone like me that is not computer savvy at when I first started using it but quickly with customer services' help and taking the free classes offered became a pro in no time.! Absolutely love all aspects of the program and the ease of using it!

Pros:

Keeps all of your data neat and clearly in one place, easy to locate, easy to use, the spreadsheets are great for tracking everything - personnel, clients, daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly incomes, etc.; invoices, tracking venue of outstanding balances and denies with a place for explanations and follow up, clients information:name, email addresses, phone and cell #s, etc. for easy access, can store on laptop, flash drive or print out, use daily to add date with ease, customer service and data software personnel easy to reach and mange your issues within minutes, not much the program can't do. I also use it for person use to track Christmas, Birthday and other special Cards I send, I use it for church projects, and all home budgets including home projects. Been a user for over 18 years - love all the updates it has made with great improvements and it is the best software for spreadsheets money can buy. Would never change to another program. Loyal customer for life.

Cons:

Wish the spreadsheet always fit on one page and at times I have difficulty using it with other apps Can't think of anything else.

President in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Regular user of Excel 2019 Pro... I like it!

Comments: For the money, it is an overall excellent performer that has never gotten stuck....bug free. It can handle large lists of numbers quite well (up to 1,048,576 rows or 16,384 columns). Obviously, if you need to do data exploration like a Data Scientist on tens of millions of rows then you'd want to look at a different tool. The main target audience is general business. I've used Excel on the job since the mid 1980's.

Pros:

Sometimes you might need to record your business travel related expenses and time, to get reimbursed, but you don't have expensive software to track it online. Other times, you might want a quick chart, to explain a trend in some transaction data being measured. Yet other times, you might want to collaborate, to allow other users to update a spreadsheet in real-time without waiting for one user to finish, unlock, then notify the rest. Power users might want to use it's equation solver, such as for a curve fit to some data points. I had written VBA macros behind the scenes, to extract some data to a separate new page, perform calculations, and save a result on a network drive automatically. Excel 2019 is a rock solid performer that does not get stuck. For communicating out your typical company financial reports, Excel is the general industry standard.

Cons:

I would like to see more flexibility to specify different types of curved line charts, bordering on the scientific. At times, making changes is less intuitive, such as when plotting multiple lines on the same chart with a moving average line, and with the kind of intervals and tick mark labels you want. If it just did a little more then I wouldn't need to export the data to something else (like Python) to do it the hard way.

Alain Jove
Alain Jove
Freelnacer in Philippines
Telecommunications, 501–1,000 Employees

The Spreadsheet that excelled the competition

Comments: Overall, the app is very intuitive and has its arsenal of functionalities that can be used by any user. It keeps on adding great features over the years which makes it very interesting as you are always looking forward to take advantage of the new ones its developers will add.

Pros:

I've used this product in the beginning just for simple tabulation as opposed to inserting tables on a Microsoft Word document, because it is more convenient with its drag and resize function and other customizations. I used it for organizing my expenses into assets and liabilities and anything related to finances, kinda like my own crude Point of Sale tracker. It turns out it has a lot more to offer than my naïve ability to use it. I used to work in the logistics department for 6 years and it gave me the push to learn more about it, not for curiosity's sake but for convenience. And so I discovered how easily you can create formula for common mathematical functions like addition and subtraction, average, percentage, and summation. If you want to delve into more complex ones, you can also customize formula just by a click of the cells in Not only does this save time - for me, at least 65% less work on manual calculation, but it also saves you the trouble of committing errors. Especially in a job like logistics and accounting, you don't want to commit any of those errors. As my book keeper friend would say, an erroneous entry like a cent is considered a mortal sin in this line of work. In addition, I also like the sorting capability, not only with alphabetizing cell entries but the intuitive algorithm to detect same valued cells and simultaneously editing/ replacing it with the desired entry. In my case, it was replacing those cells with a different color for at a glance view

Cons:

Although this is a good thing for some users, I find it a bit annoying to have my work saved every 10 minutes, which is Excel's default time for auto recovery. But this can be easily remedied by going to preferences (for older version) and options for versions 2016 and up. It would also be nice to not close the message box if you've mistakenly entered the wrong document password to avoid starting over by clicking on the document again.

Raymond
Support Specialist in Saudi Arabia
Mining & Metals, 1,001–5,000 Employees

MS Excel Review

Comments: I've been using Microsoft Excel for fifteen consecutive years and still use it on a daily basis to complete my job. Excel is a useful and powerful program that can help you generate interesting and profitable results once you learn how to use its features and functions. My advice to beginners is that if you really want to learn Excel, you should use it regularly and do your own study to better understand its features. Excel isn't a database application, and it can't store vast amounts of data; that's what Microsoft Access and other database programs are for. Excel has played a major role in helping me reach my goals in my career. Excel is a fantastic tool for completing work in a shorter period of time and is very user friendly, so I highly recommend it to any Windows or Linux user. Excel's graphical features can be helpful in the creation of reports, but it is not a reporting tool. Excel, on the other hand, is excellent for calculations, querying data from external sources, preparing, and presenting data in a way that audiences can relate to and understand.

Pros:

It's easy to use. You don't have to be a tech whiz to find it out, from simple to advanced functions. If you ever have a question, use the support feature to find an answer. Simply google it if you want to do something complicated and don't want to read help article after help article. Everyone uses Excel, or at least does, and someone has already completed the mission you are attempting. The design is easy. When I'm trying to complete a mission, I don't need fancy graphics or displays... I just want to finish my work. Excel is one of my favorite programs. The message is direct and to the point. You are capable of much more than you can imagine.

Cons:

Excel's biggest drawback is that it takes more time and energy for preparation in order for the analyst to completely benefit from it. Human error such as omitted negative signs and incorrect row structure may not be detrimental in and of themselves, but when they erode investor confidence or result in a loss of investment opportunity, they are. The other disadvantage of Excel is that it has a lot of functions that an analyst would have to master.

Ayoub
Freelancer in Morocco
Computer Software, Self Employed

The tool that makes management EASIER

Comments: Regarding this advanced management tool, I admit that it allows to manage the IT flows of the different transactions within an organization, it was able to revolutionize initially the industrial world as well as develop the Supply Chain Management of different companies.
Personally, I was able to carry out initially several management tables whether for the stock, for the vehicle fleets (maintenance, fuel ... etc).
And then I started to realize optimization models based on Operational Research.
And finally, I ended up using the developer section (Visual Basic) in order to be able to automate the various tables produced, keep the flow traceable as well as avoid the typing errors that can happen.

Pros:

In my opinion, there are 3 main advantages for excel users: 1)Progressed Data Organization : Dominate has quite possibly the absolute most complete datum association and investigation frameworks for the normal customer. All things considered, it works for most business applications as well. Utilizing the force of your PC, Excel can undoubtedly deal with a great many information recipes and additionally calculations rather consistently. In the event that you have numerous sheets which are interlinked, the equations and information association are unmatched. 2)Underlying Formulas : Before, Excel had recipes for pretty much every application under the sun. In that capacity, clients quickly fell head over heels for the straightforwardness of the attachment and-play interface as it assisted them with making delightful accounting pages in the blink of an eye. Throughout the long term, Excel has reliably added more implicit recipes as clients have mentioned. Obviously, these recipes are not restrictive, as they are only numerical of configuration, which means these equations could be utilized in other programming stages as well. 3)Outsider Support Lastly, Excel can work with outsider projects through particular connectors. Since Excel is based on the .NET stage, it coordinates well with nearly whatever is based on a similar stage. Accordingly, admittance to information or potentially other programming stages has expanded massively throughout the lon

Cons:

Despite these advantages, there are 3 major desadvantages 1)Steep Expectation to learn and adapt : Excel is a genuinely muddled framework. To utilize it productively, you must have the option to explore through the UI which is considerably more convoluted than in its unique plan. In past plans, clients had the option to simply point and click and assembled lovely bookkeeping pages. In any case, Microsoft has added a plenty of provisions throughout the long term that now I must be gotten to through different scenes or potentially dropdowns. Doing this has made a smidgen of disarray and even eliminate a few components that individuals were content with. 2)Cost : Microsoft Office and Dominate had never been free, however the cost was significantly more sensible before. As Microsoft has kept on investing huge loads of time and energy into their Office suite, the expenses have risen significantly. Before, you could buy the product for as modest as $19.95 each year; that essentially isn't the case any longer. Presently, the expense can undoubtedly overshadow $45.99 each year for a downloadable duplicate and $99.99 for a cloud-based contribution. While this isn't heinous, it is cost-restrictive for an office brimming with PCs. Restricted Joint effort: Completing out the impediments for Dominate, it's anything but a community oriented framework (essentially not innately). Microsoft w

Marek
CEO in Poland
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

Microsoft Excel Review

Comments: My overall experience with Microsoft Excel was positive. As a content creator, I found the app to be an essential tool for my work. I appreciated its ability to handle complex data sets and perform various calculations with ease.

Pros:

What I liked most about Microsoft Excel was its ability to handle complex data sets and perform various calculations with ease. The app's range of functions and formulas made it a powerful tool for organizing and analyzing data. Additionally, I appreciated the app's ability to create visually appealing charts and graphs to display the data.

Cons:

One thing that I liked least about Microsoft Excel was its steep learning curve, particularly when it came to using advanced functions and formulas. While the app was user-friendly for basic tasks, it could be overwhelming and confusing for more complex data analysis tasks. Additionally, the app's interface could be cluttered and difficult to navigate at times.

Anais
Anais
Quality Auditor in Venezuela

Listings, indicators, graphs, data tables and much more gives you excel

Comments: Microsoft has done an incredible task, not only creating quality software such as Excel, but striving permanently in their updates to make it more and more complete, leaving the competition behind, leaving Excel as a pioneering program in terms of databases are concerned. Excel is the blessing of the evaluators and designers of indicators.

Pros:

Within the functions that I currently perform in my work, summarized in designing and analyzing indicators associated with administrative variables and prevention, Microsoft Excel is irreplaceable software. Excel is an old friend, he has been with me since my beginnings of higher education and now he does it in my work, he is a vital tool for my functions and that is why I summarize his benefits: In the first instance, it is an excellent database manager, which is complemented with multiple tools that simplify the elaboration and analysis of administrative indicators. These factors are necessary to perform a more precise and fast work. The linking of these indicators with different types of graphics summarizes a fascinating analytical and expository work, allowing not only to analyze indicators but to transmit them to my superiors. It also allows me to export this data to other software, diversifying my possibilities of analyzing indicators and their exposure. It has an excellent taskbar, combined with an exquisite presentation, which facilitates the work.

Cons:

Despite its complexity when it comes to familiarize with the software, I have no objection or criticism in relation to it, since everything is usual. When you get used to the software, using it is much easier