• Overall
    4.8/5
    4.4/5
    4.6/5

About Ahrefs

A suite of powerful SEO tools to grow your search traffic, research your competitors and monitor your niche.

Learn more about Ahrefs

Nathan V.
Online Media, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2019

"My go-to toolset for SEO"

Comments: I can do pretty much anything I need to do in Ahrefs when it comes to SEO. And if you miss something, the team will be eager to see if it can be implemented. Also, the support is great, usually quite quick in responding and very friendly too.

Pros: Call me crazy, but I kind of LIVE in Ahrefs. If there's anything I want to know about a website and its SEO, I will put it in Ahrefs and find all the data I need. Whether it's keyword research, competitor research of backlink research, Ahrefs has got you covered. And they keep adding functionality and options. You can even suggest changes to the tool when you're a paying user.

Cons: There's nothing not to like really. I haven't found anything that I didn't like myself anyway. Oh well, sometimes you don't have access to a tool like Keywords Explorer when they're updating it, that's usually not nice when you're actaully working on a project. But I'm sure this will happen with other tools as well.

• Reviewed on 22/05/2019
Gianfranco C.
Head of Esports
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2019

"Ahrefs is the most useful tool for your SEO and Content Marketing campaigns"

Comments: Ahrefs is my favorite tool nowadays for everything related to SEO. I cannot live (or at least work) without it.

Pros: I've found Ahrefs to be tremendously convenient and efficient, to run SEO analyses, on your websites, on specific keywords and domains, and also to analyze all competitors.

Cons: There's nothing really that I don't like about Ahrefs.
Maybe they could expand their courses in the "Ahrefs Academy", since last time that I've checked they only had 2 courses: 1) Marketing with Ahrefs 2)Blogging for Business. Having something more advanced like Competitive intelligence, SEO on-page / off-page, and PPC tutorials, would be really an asset.

• Reviewed on 30/10/2019
Tyler B.
SEO Manager
Financial Services, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/04/2020

"A great SEO tool that's only getting better"

Comments: A critical piece of any SEO's toolkit.

Pros: aHrefs is the industry standard for link research. In my mind, it's outpaced Moz, with high-quality link crawling and a robust feature set, and if it gets better with tracked keywords, can come for SEMRush too.

Cons: Inability to track keywords reliably means it's still catching up to SEMRush in some ways.

• Reviewed on 05/04/2020
Kenny H.
Victim
Computer Hardware, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2019

"Are these reviews for real??"

Comments: The hits all come from 54.x.x.x and apparently have a fetish for using the bible in repetitive succession that just swamps our logs. Sometimes we just use iptables to get rid of the rogue site but aside from being a pest I see no other damage. The hits look like this: 54.x.x.x "Get /bible/18_028.HTM http/1.1" 404
However our associate that also gets hit by the rogue ahrefs site is being hit with non-biblical hits (go figure).
Don't bother getting messed up with ahrefs, it's just another bad affiliation that will come back to bite you sooner or later in my opinion.

Pros: I like how ahrefs disregards a cease and desist notice.

Cons: This is just another hacker site. They've been hitting our server for over 2 years now (and not just us).

• Reviewed on 17/06/2019
Apparel & Fashion, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/03/2020

"My favorite SEO tool"

Comments: I'm satisfied. I get what I want and need.

Pros: All in one - for SEO's. Ahrefs is best for everything regarding links. But there's more in the package: You get site audits, keyword trackers, content and keyword research + more. Of these, I do love the site audit. It made my life easier - compared to Screaming Frog. Now I don't have to sit around and wait while my computer crawls. I can just close the Ahrefs tab - and the whole thing will be done within the hour (or overnight). Theres even scheduled crawls, so I can get an overview of our technical and on-page SEO performance every week or month. It even comes with a lot of descriptions and guide on what to do about the bugs and errors found on your website. Great for beginners and specialists.

Cons: It can cost a lot if you have a lot of users. There's no option for individual logins for a team. So we do log each other out all the time - even though we have bought the package with up to 10 users using the login. The same goes for the Chrome Toolbar. A cool tool, but we log each other out - so we have to log in each day. It feels like a waste of time. They are not made for PPC stats. Theres some numbers and Ad examples, but they don't seem correct.

• Reviewed on 09/03/2020
Cliff D.
Marketing Manager
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 06/11/2019

"Ahrefs for a small digital marketing agency"

Comments: so far I'm super happy. I love the train tutorials that the marketer does and the information I'm learning seems to be falling into place and I'm quite sure I will be able to dominate my local market and help my clients do the same in short order.

Pros: this software has more than I will need to take care of all of my customers needs in a big big way! There is no doubt that after learning to use it in an effective way I will be able to provide a tremendous value and help my clients reach higher rankings at a much faster Pace than my bigger competitors.

Cons: there is a little bit of a learning curve. I don't mind because I have been referred this software many times by many larger organizations.

• Reviewed on 06/11/2019
Hank P.
Owner / Consultant
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2019

"Ahrefs for small businesses"

Comments: The benefits of Ahrefs is that it provides us with good, detailed insights to a Website FAST. This helps us to see if there are SEO issues that we can address for a company/business. That helps because sometimes it's not actually the Website or SEO consultant that is the issue. Sometimes it's another issue at the business. But, if it's an SEO issue, Ahrefs will help you to put a finger on it quickly.

Pros: Our team uses Ahrefs to analyze Websites that we are proposing take over strategies for managing and providing new SEO services. We love the information that Ahrefs provides and how it helps us to see if the issues a company is experiencing are in fact issues with their Website set up and SEO. It also helps us to focus our proposals.

Cons: Ahrefs is a pretty sophisticated tool and can get complex. If the user is not experienced with SEO it will be too much. But, if you are an experienced SEO consultant / manager, you will like it!

• Reviewed on 18/09/2019
Max T.
ceo
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2020

"Best in the market "

Pros: best seo reasearch tool in the market by far much easier to use than semrush

Cons: the price is at leatr 99 a month which is a lot if you can also use tools like ubersuggest that are free

• Reviewed on 12/03/2020
Guillermo B.
Computer Games, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/04/2020

"You will be using this site on every day basis"

Comments: 100% recommended if you are really willing to optimize your site

Pros: Top of the notch track and iformation about your own sites and competitors in the same nich

Cons: You need extra knowledge to start understanding concepts but it values the time

• Reviewed on 04/04/2020
Andreas M.
Marketer
Graphic Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2020

"Great but expensive "

Comments: Everything was fine. Software is running we’ll and the results are good.

Pros: Very good software for finding keywords for your business. Tracking of your rankings is good as well.

Cons: To be honest: the price. There subscription that make sense costs around 170 per month. The cheaper one doesn’t show keyword over position 20

• Reviewed on 26/03/2020
Vikram singh R.
Sr. SEO Consultant
Online Media, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2018

"Great competitors analysis tool"

Comments: I am working as SEO manager in one of the top-rated Digitial Marketing agency in India and I am using Ahrefs since last 2 years now, this is one of the tools that I am using on a daily basis and I really can't leave a day without this tool. It makes my competitor's analysis work so easy, Ahrefs helps me find the best links from my competitors and I have explored what content Gap and some basic distance my client's website is having and can set the campaign accordingly. This is the must have tool before starting SEO or content marketing campaign.

Pros: The best thing about Ahfers is you will get everything related to competitors & backlink analysis. It includes few most amazing features like comprehensive backlink data, Overall organic keywords your website is ranking for, Overall organic traffic with history, Keywords explorer for detailed keywords research, Linkintersect to see which links your competitors are having and you don't, and many more. Ahfers is also one of the most user friendly tool I have ever used, it has got everything which every digital marketers need. You can find hundreds of links opportunities by using content explorer which shows you which content is shared the most in your niche. You can reverse engineer your competitors backlink by the cocomprehensiveis of competitors backlink and acquire them.

Cons: The only thing I like the least about Ahrefs as they didn't provide any Free search trial, while few of the other similar tools will give you few serachs in a day but in Ahrefs you won't get anything for free NOT even a single search.

• Reviewed on 26/11/2018
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2018

"One of the best SEO tools"

Comments: Ahrefs is one heck of a tool which is evolving. When I started using it, it had limited features and in last 2-3 years, it has evolved into a massive all-in-one SEO toolkit, which is great. If you are an agency or SEO pro and not using Ahrefs, you are not in the league.

Pros: I have used several SEO tools like Majestic, SEMRush, and others, but nothing works like Ahrefs. It is one of the most feature-rich tools out there. It is constantly updated and the team keeps on adding new features which keeps users hooked.
One of the best things about Ahrefs is that it crawls and indexes new backlinks really fast. And this speed is still improving. Compared to SEMRush, Ahrefs does a great job overall.
I mainly use it to monitor backlinks, referring domains, and rankings. In terms of rankings, it is spot on. I never had any issues with Ahrefs whatsoever.
Another amazing thing about Ahrefs is their tutorials that show users how they can use and benefit from Ahrefs different features. Besides, Ahrefs blog is one of my favorites.

Cons: 1. It is expensive and when I say expensive, I really mean it - especially if you want to get access to all the features. It is a perfect tool for SEO agencies and marketers.
2. The features and different tools aren't easily accessible or understandable to the users. They should do something about making users realize what they are missing and how they can fully use different Ahrefs tools. Training material and videos are doing a good job but they surely need to do more.

• Reviewed on 22/10/2018
Richard W.
SEO
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2019

"100% Recommended to SEO Experts"

Comments: Overall, our experience with Ahrefs was positive. While the team's customer service could be better - the actual tool is powerful. It's truly an SEO expert's perfect tool. It has some of the best insights available - and the company is constantly expanding their efforts. Recently, they updated their content explorer system, making it more comprehensive. For our agency, we were able to really fine-tune our keywords and find great linking opportunities. If you are looking for a program to capitalize and do the same, Ahrefs is a great place to start.

Pros: - Amazing backlinking tool
- Easy to understand keyword search system
- Ability to track keyword rankings by the minute
- Quality reporting tool
- 7-day trial for first timers
- Company sends valuable training information
- Daily support if needed

Cons: - Can be complicated for first-time SEO users
- Its design is simple and a bit mundane.
- Customer service is not the friendliest.

• Reviewed on 10/05/2019
Albert A.
Search Engine Optimization Specialist
Consumer Goods, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2018

"Powerful All-in-one SEO solution"

Comments: I use it everyday to keep track on my sites and my competitors.

Pros: Ahrefs is one of the greatest SEO tool ever made. It can do a lot of things from keyword research up to content promotion. This all-in-one tool is my main weapon and it helped me gain higher rankings. Here are some of its advantages. 1. Doing keyword research is fast and accurate. Their keyword explorer tool has a lot of data to determine if the keywords are good. It shows the search volume, trend and the reliable keyword difficulty feature. 2. Accurate rank tracker. It also shows the estimated traffic that I am getting. 3. The site explorer tool. I'm using this extensively. This is what makes Ahrefs a powerful tool. I can input any URLs and it will provide me with some useful data like the keywords I am ranking, my site's backlinks and referring domains and the estimated traffic.

Cons: The pricing is somewhat expensive for beginners and to those who have limited budget. But believe me, the higher price tag is all worth it.

• Reviewed on 29/09/2018
Giorgi G.
Lead Customer Care
Tobacco, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2018

"Must have tool for SEO geeks"

Comments: One of the best SEO tools I ever worked with

Pros: Using Ahrefs with SEMRush is what it all takes to get the overall deep understanding of the SEO for the project you are working for. Ahrefs is invaluable tool when it comes to the backlinks and their tracking. Apart from having the extensive SEO capabilities (tools, features, functions, etc - which all of them works very well) this tool is my number one go when I need anything - literally anything backlink related. I cannot even imagine analyzing the competitors backlinks or certain amount of them without using Ahrefs. It's the valuable and reliable source taking its permanent place in my SEO toolbox.

Cons: Nothing really. For the things I am using this platform for - it's irreplaceable. The only thing which I have experienced to see is the search volume for the keywords that seemed quite off the real ones. Though, overall, I am very happy with what this platform can provide.

• Reviewed on 14/10/2018
Mark L.
Marketing Strategist
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2018

"Hands-down the best SEO/digital marketing tool on the market"

Comments: I'm a 10x better SEO with Ahrefs

Pros: Where to start? If I could only use one tool for the rest of my marketing career, it would be Ahrefs. It can do everything, and it does everything better than all its competitors. I've built my whole SEO strategy on the back of Ahrefs. They really seem to understand what it takes to succeed with SEO today, too. Rest of their content team create some of the best content on the web, and really show you through their videos exactly how to get the most out of Ahrefs.

Cons: I wish it didn't quickly jump to a prohibitively expensive price. It would work for most individual businesses, but agencies need at least a standard account and if you really want to get the most out of it, an advanced subscription gives you some material benefits, but I've never been able to justify the cost. Hardly a con, though and am more than happy with what I get at that price.

• Reviewed on 23/07/2018
Dale D.
Affiliate Marketing Specialist
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2018

"Powerful SEO tool with lots of functionalities!"

Comments: A must have SEO tool! It helped us to improve our organic traffic and rankings.

Pros: Ahrefs is a very powerful tool that helped us to improve our organic rankings. It has lots of features and functionalities. All of them are useful and can help users and website owners to rank higher. I'm extremely impressed with the amount of data they provide. With a single click, I can see any website's data like traffic, amount of referring domains and organic keywords. I love using their amazing SEO tools like Keyword Explorer, Site Explorer and Rank tracker. Speaking of their Rank tracker, it is accurate and updated regularly. It also shows our average position, visibility and SERP features. In my opinion, Ahrefs is a must have SEO tool for any serious SEOs and companies out there.

Cons: Their pricing is expensive and not flexible. That is their only weakness so far.

• Reviewed on 20/12/2018
Marielle V.
Owner / SEO Expert
Arts & Crafts, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/11/2018

"Ahrefs is a great SEO tool for every online marketers!"

Pros: I've been using Ahrefs for about two years and it keeps getting better. It helped me and my team achieved higher rankings and as a result, more clients and the ROI is pretty good. Ahrefs is a very powerful SEO tool and here are the advantages of using it. 1. Easy to use.
2. Feature-packed software.
3. It allows me to track my keywords.
4. Accurate rank tracker and backlinks analysis
5. Doing keyword research with it is amazing. It has an amazing feature that helps me to measure the competition.
6. I can see the stats of any websites quickly.
7. They have an amazing blog which can help me and my team to become better.
8. Amazing support.
9. The developers keeps on improving the software.

Cons: I do not see any disadvantages of using it. It has all the tools that we need and we love using it. It is powerful yet easy to learn.

• Reviewed on 04/11/2018
Amber C.
Inbound Marketing Strategist
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2018

"The Ultimate SEO Tool"

Comments: Allows us to perform basic and complex online marketing tasks from in-depth keyword analysis, keyword tracking, backlink analysis, site audits and more. We can also do content marketing planning using the content explorer. It's an agency's best friend.

Pros: Our business wouldn't thrive without Ahrefs. We use it for content marketing planning, SEO optimization, PR link outreach, competitive analysis, in-depth keyword analysis, keyword monitoring and more. Ahrefs can give you a great overview on where your business stands in the online marketplace and has countless complex tools to help you dig into backlinks, keywords, content and more.

Cons: I wouldn't say it's great for an SEO beginner as you need a fundamental understanding of SEO and online marketing to be able to get the most out of Ahrefs. Also, Ahrefs isn't cheap, but for an agency who uses it every day, it's worth the money for us.

• Reviewed on 19/06/2018
Chamath N.
Chief Technology Officer
  • Reviewed on 30/12/2019

"The ultimate SEO report and backlink checker"

Comments: It is quite simple. Ahref is a rich-featured instrument kit. Always updated, and the unit keeps on
increasing new peculiarities. New backlinks are indexed fast.
Furthermore, the rate keeps on growing. The tutorials held to increase customer knowledge.
When surmising its benefits and maximum use, Ahrefs is rather expansive. But, still, you regain
benefits which worth it.

Pros: You can do everything in Ahref when it happens to be in the SEO. Let's discuss the Pros of Ahrefs. If someone wants to know something, then it should be SEO. And the superiority of comprehending something should also be given to SEO. You type it in Ahrefs. And get everything you need to know. Regardless, whether either it is keyword research or backlink research or competitor research, Ahrefs will give you everything.

Cons: There is nothing explicit that we despise. But, infrequently, you do not have access to tools like
keyword research, especially when updating. It is not good to appear when you are at some
serious work. But, we foresee this to happen with some other tools as well.
Also, you are not provided with a period of free trial. Though some other tools give free
explorations, you will not get any from Ahrefs. Not one. Still, we have to admit that when Ahrefs was first propelled, there were only a few limited features. But now, there are various cool new features. It has evolved in a very insufficient time on a large scale.

• Reviewed on 30/12/2019
Erwin S.
Sports, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 28/07/2018

"A must-have SEO tool!"

Comments: Quick and easy to use software. It has lots of useful features that will help you rank higher in any search engines.

Pros: Ahrefs is an excellent SEO tool that is quick and has a lot of features. In my own opinion, it has the complete package when it comes to SEO and marketing. Doing keyword research is so easy. If I want to spy on my competitors, I just plug in their URLs and Ahrefs will quickly show their stats like backlink profiles and the keywords that they ranked. It also helps me to create a masterpiece content thru their keyword suggestions. Ahrefs is a web-based application so it is easy and light. I do not have to install or download anything.

Cons: The only downside that I can think of is its price. It is certainly not cheap, especially for individuals or beginners that do not have a big budget for SEO or marketing.

• Reviewed on 28/07/2018
Matthew S.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2018

"An extremely powerful online marketing tool!"

Comments: Ahrefs is my main tool for any serious SEO work.

Pros: In my opinion, Ahrefs is the most complete tool for every online businesses. It is a must-have tool if you are serious about your SEO and online business. I am using it for more than five years and it just keeps on getting better. Their keyword database is huge! It gives me tons of related keywords that I can use as topics for my articles. It also shows the search volume and the keyword competition. It is reliable and it helped me achieved high rankings on Google search engine. Analyzing my competition is a breeze. It shows relevant data to help me plan my strategy. Additionally, they have an awesome blog and video series to further enhance my SEO and marketing skills.

Cons: Ahrefs is so powerful but it comes with a high price tag.

• Reviewed on 05/12/2018
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/05/2019

"Ahrefs review"

Comments: I have had a very wonderful experience with this software and it is my second after Google analytics and this is because I use Google analytics to get a full insight into my website when it concerns Google search engine and believe it or not, Google analytics offers more indepth analysis of website when you are trying to optimize for Google search engine.

Pros: I like the fact that I can do my keyword research and get the keywords that my competitors who are using Google Keyword planner do not get while doing their keyword research. I also like the fact that I can get a full audit of my website in full and also know what next steps to take to make my business above my competitors.

Cons: The 7 days free trial is a limited time to ascertain how effective this software can work for you. Your website need to be indexed for more than a long time to be able to know if the software will work for you or not and as such all your website details will be taken by the software so as to get you a robust analysis of your website.

• Reviewed on 11/05/2019
Dmytro M.
Digital Marketing Strategist
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2017

"My one stop for SEO research"

Pros: You have all you need from rankings to linkbuilding analysis and keyword research. This can easily be your only tool for all of your SEO needs and even SEM research. In 2017, the team seems to have started dedicating more energy to making the tool not only functional but usable, bringing in lots of UX improvements and more visual controls and charts throughout the tool.

Cons: The connection between different parts of the tool and location of all the controls and dials is still something that could be improved. Compared to competition (like SEMrush), ahrefs is definitely superior but it could be even easier and even cleaner in some of the tools. Also, even on the first two paid plans you won't have the full list of all keywords you rank for in top 100 - first plan shows only up to the third page, second plan adds 2 more pages, which is odd, considering the abovementioned competitor lets you see all of your keywords on the standard plan.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2017
Roman Y.
Product Project Manager
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2018

"Must have tool for SEO specialist"

Comments: This tool can do everything you need to checkout your situation with SEO and PPC for your project and also give an analysis for competitor's projects. We use this in our agency on a daily basis.

Pros: - Backlinks tools. You can gather thousands of backlinks to your project or other projects. Ahrefs has a huge database with it
- PPC data. You can get all data about PPC campaigns of your competitor: keywords, ads, target pages
- Keywords planner. You can gather a lot of keywords for your niche
- Organic rankings. You checkout your keywords and rankings for them
- Top pages. You can understand which page drives most traffic to the website

Cons: - Price. You can't simply select which functions you need and pay for it accordingly. Packages can simply more then you need

• Reviewed on 10/10/2018