15 years helping Singaporean businesses

Singapore Local product

Ahrefs Reviews

4.7 (559) Write a Review! Singapore Local product

About Ahrefs

Ahrefs is an all-in-one SEO toolset that helps boost the organic search growth of your website.

Learn more about Ahrefs

Pros:

Other than that, I would say, they also have almost everything you need out of an SEO software suite. Their user experience is also pretty good.

Cons:

I don't think there is anything missing from the ahrefs tool.

Ahrefs ratings

4.4
4.5
4.7
4.2

8.8/10

Ahrefs has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 559 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Ahrefs before?

Maddy
Maddy
Founder in US
Writing & Editing, 2–10 Employees

Ahrefs is the best but recent pricing updates make it hard to continue justifying

Comments: Overall, I think it's a robust tool. I think they do a great job on their blog and other educational material that shows people how to use the tool to the fullest. Writing this review in anticipation of a recession (where clients have already started churning and cutting budget), I can no longer afford this tool — especially because there's an alternative that has all the same functionality and results my company needs, for about a third of the price I'm paying now.

Pros:

I love everything about Ahrefs except their new pricing and plans. We primarily use the keyword research functionality and other functionality associated with it (like competitor research via content gap analysis). I also love their website audit tool and their backlink tracker. Their rank tracker is also great. There is no question that this is one of the best in the industry for all-in-one SEO needs.

Cons:

Recent plan changes have made Ahrefs almost 3x more expensive for my company to use for the same features we've previously used it for. That's my biggest complaint, that the price hike wasn't gradual or sustainable. We're in the process of switching over to Semrush, whose plans are a lot more reasonable. I've always personally considered Semrush as being better for paid search and Ahrefs as better for organic search (especially when it comes to keyword research and backlink tracking) but Semrush has made many strides since I've last been in a position to compare the two and I feel confident that Semrush can handle our most important keyword research needs and the other all-in-one SEO features I mentioned in terms of what I like about Ahrefs.

last year

We're sorry to see you disappointed, Maddy :( To bring some context, the pricing change was not made this year, but in March 2022. We took this decision to counter group buyers. But also to maintain the costs of our infrastructure (collecting, processing, and storing data for 7+ years waiting for you to request it) & continue building new tools and features. The change might come off as abrupt but we've gone to great lengths to communicate it on as many channels as possible (pricing page and billing page, welcome message, credit counter next to your account's name, and a dedicated area under Account Settings called Limits & Usage > Set limits). Grandfathered users can still keep their legacy subscriptions, provided they don't interrupt them. If you've upgraded by mistake just recently and feel that you've been wronged, please reach out to our support and seek help. If you still decide to go with Semrush, we respect that decision. However, please note that while they did make some improvements, they're still behind us in terms of infrastructure and the features you're looking after. Here are some unique features that you can find only in Ahrefs: KEYWORD RESEARCH - Traffic Potential - Parent Topic - History & ad charts - SERP comparison - 9 different keyword ideas reports BACKLINKS - Detailed statuses to new/lost backlinks - Internal backlinks report - Comparison mode SEO AUDIT - Segmentation - Customizable issue statuses - Internal link opportunities report - HTML code & text comparison These are but just a few, I didn't touch upon the infrastructure that makes us the most beloved toolset by the SEO community. Our support team (or myself) can provide more info on all these features should you need further help!

Marco Genaro
Marco Genaro
Founder in Bulgaria
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

The best tool for Backlinking and one of the best SEO tools of all the times

Comments: Is definitely one of the big SEO tools in the market. Although it is pricy, Ahrefs is definitely a must if you're into backlinking campaings. They have unique features that are very useful to perform outreach campaigns.

Pros:

Although I'm a big fan of the audits and traffic estimations, which are very useful for competitor analysis, what I like the most about Ahrefs are their features related to backlinking. Many of these features provide all the information you need to create various types of outreach campaigns and advance your SEO techniques, such as detecting backlinks pointing to 404 pages or identifying unlinked mentions.

Cons:

I found it a bit expensive. That's probably why is only for SEO Pros. Also, it's a bit hard to use at the very beginning.

5 months ago

Hi Marco, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We're big fans of our backlink capabilities, and we're glad to hear you are, too! We'd love more insight into what you found difficult to use at the beginning. We have onboarding webinars and workshops for our customers, and we'd like to know how we can improve these in the future. :) Again, thanks for the kind words, and thanks for choosing Ahrefs!

Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

With ahrefs you can make your website print money

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I used to had a routine on spoting links, keywords and writing based on the analysis, ahrefs was my everyday tool and always discovered what my competitors were doing.

Pros:

Almost best tool to spot the rankings on your competitors and discover their links. Period. They tried to add website analysis. You can use that part for free under certain conditions.

Cons:

The price gone up lately. The website analysis part is ok but basic.

7 days ago

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We're thrilled to hear that you got a lot of value out of our Site Explorer and Keywords Explorer tools. But we'd also love to hear more about how you feel we can improve Site Audit! If you get a chance, please do reach out to [email protected] and let us know what you'd like to see changed. :-)

Narek
Narek
CEO in Armenia
Design, 51–200 Employees

Once a great tool, now a charge oriented garbage

1.0 last month New

Pros:

Good competitor keyword analysis tools, good quality site health monitoring

Cons:

Once one of the greatest SEO tools, it became a tool that confused customers with complicated pricing schemes and tried to charge as much as possible. We have been AHREFS customers for almost five years, and their recent changes have made us wonder how far this company can go in terms of customer service, customer respect, and pricing schemes. The new scheme is so complicated that your credit card can suddenly charge $1000s without your knowledge. When we contacted to customer support, they told us that beside the $2000 annual fee we pay, we also need to pay $3500 for additional keyword tracking (which we never signed up for, it was migrated from our old account, where usage was free) without our knowing. We decided to stop partnering with ahrefs due its complicated pricing model which scams users and surprisingly charges you and we're moving to different platform now. Usage is not recommended due to the high scam and confusion rate. Recommendation from a company with over 1 million organic monthly traffic and 22 million visitors.

last month

Hi Narek, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Sincere apologies for any confusion caused by migrating your subscription to a new plan. Looking over your conversation with support, it sounds like this was an unfortunate misunderstanding that has since been resolved. Just to clarify, you were previously on an Advanced subscription, which allowed 5,000 tracked terms in Rank Tracker. When you switched to a Standard plan in 2022, those limits were reduced to 2,000. Please don't hesitate to contact customer support again in the future if you need further clarification on plan limits. Thank you.

Director in UK
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Excellent, but too expensive

Comments: A solid web experience, unfortunately spoiled by a severe hike in prices over the years.

Pros:

It is mature and well-rounded software. It simply does what they say. We rarely see any downtime.

Cons:

Changes to the pricing/plans have meant that Ahrefs is too expensive. Adding on a single user or more can be a huge expense. While we love it, there are other, cheaper competitors.

3 months ago

Hi David, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and for your candour. We've tried to price our plans according to the value you get out of our data and have tried to make it easy and effective to add users to your account. If you'd like to provide more insight into what we can improve, please don't hesitate to reach out to [email protected]. Thanks again!

Paweł
Paweł
SEO Expert in Poland
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

If you can afford this tool, do not spare the money

Comments: It's very powerful tool, which is very worth to use. Occasionally you can expect some issues with updates but from few months it's very rarely.

Pros:

Ahrefs has a very large database containing all the required elements for effective website positioning.

Cons:

I would like to say, that there is not a function that i like least. I love all, at least from functions which I use most often.

10 months ago

Much appreciated, Pawel!! We give our ebst to ship between 10-15 small and big updates each month. For the latest ones, please be sure to read our product blog: https://ahrefs.com/blog/whats-new-at-ahrefs-june-2023/

Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

Helps Make SEO More Manageable

Pros:

I've tried a few SEO tools and Ahrefs is one of my favorites! The site is pretty easy to understand and there are lots of free tools that help me to understand how to improve my SEO ranking. I'd encourage people to use the free trial to check it out.

Cons:

I don't really find a down side to the plaform. I'm satisfied with how it works.

5 months ago

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We're thrilled to hear that you're enjoying the platform, and we hope you continue to get value out of our tools in the future. Just to clarify, we don't have a free trial, but we do have a forever-free limited version of Site Explorer and Site Audit with our Ahrefs Webmaster Tools plan. Again, thanks for your feedback, and we're happy to count you among our customer base!

Apurva
Apurva
SEO Executive in India
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

A Good SEO Tool for Audit !

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall the interface is quit easy to use and understand and provide complete analysis.

Pros:

Ahrefs gives me access to information such as backlink strength, thorough traffic analysis, insights into particular pages, and useful advice for doing site audits. I use it's backlink analysis, keyword research and audit tool the most.

Cons:

Ahrefs is a feature-rich SEO tool, but it's relatively expensive compared to other tools and the free version is limited.

last month

Hi Apurva, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We're so happy to hear that you're getting so much value out of our toolset. We're also happy to hear that you find the interface intuitive and easy to use. Thanks, Apurva!

Dewana
Nursepreneur in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Ahrefs is a skip for new bloggers at least until you are making enough income to pay for the software.

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

It was extremely powerful, way too powerful for what I was using it for, SEO for a new affiliate blog.

Cons:

The marketing is that you need either this or SurferSEO to do keyword research and SEO. I would recommend you skip both until you are making enough money to pay for them.

7 days ago

Hi Dewana, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and provide your feedback. Have you had a chance to use any of our free tools? https://ahrefs.com/free-seo-tools We hope you'll come give us another try once you feel more established! :-)

Elle
Elle
Company owner in Spain
Design, Self Employed

I like some features

5.0 last week New

Comments: It's good for those people who want all their tools in one place and I can see why it is the industry leader. For me though, I'm kind of covered with other tools that I use.

Pros:

It seems to cover all the bases within its paid packages

Cons:

I can get most of the reports for free using other tools

7 days ago

Hi Elle, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and provide honest feedback. We can appreciate that there are other tools on the market that are less expensive than we are, but we hope that our robust, first-in-class data is a differentiator. :)

Ramona
SEO Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Great tool, crazy pricing, little value for the money since getting into the new pricing model.

Comments: Ahrefs in itself is an amazing piece of software. The pricing model is a rip off.

Pros:

Ahrefs is a standard in SEO. I have been using it for 2 years already (switched over from SEMrush) and I love it. I have spent hundreds of hours, I run my entire agency on it. Overall a very solid tool. Compared to SEMrush (and reason why I still use Ahrefs) great dashboard, easy to use.

Cons:

Since the new pricing model it's a pain. You are being charged "credits" for just breathing around the software. Logged into it 2 times, looked at a keyword ranking that's already generated and I "consumed" 8 credits. There is no exact grid to know what uses up your credits, not to mention I think it's silly to pay extra for seeing the HOMEPAGE (dashboard, which loads instantly) or doing your regular work.I am AFRAID to use this software (that I need to and pay over 200 bucks/month to use), because I'll get slapped with "extra" credits and even more money to be paid. They have removed features and pushed them into the 400 bucks tier, in an eternal chase to squeeze even more money. I am a business owner myself, but the greed they display is shocking.I am currently trying to understand how SEMrush can do most of my needed tasks and just save my money in the future. I did bother to write this review (which nobody will care for), because I was an enthusiastic user, I still love Ahrefs to bits, but I cannot pay a fortune just to view a dashboard and run 2 reports.

2 years ago

Sorry to see you disappointed, Ramona! Contrary to popular belief, this pricing change was not made ad-hoc. In fact, we studied the usage patterns of our paying customers and designed it in such a way where 80% were barely affected, while the remaining 20% were affected to a varying degree, based on how much they use the platform. We also allow grandfathered users (like yourself) to keep their legacy plans, provided they don't interrupt them. From what you're telling me, it looks like you've probably discontinued it. But if you feel you've been wronged, please reach out to our support team who will gladly help you out. Especially since you're a loyal customer :) To further address your concerns, we do have an area under account settings where you can limit credits/user (we DON'T auto-charge by default). Dashboard only uses 1 credit/month to load all projects, while the Rank Tracker has its own limits. Read more: https://help.ahrefs.com/en/articles/6061658-about-credit

Lois
Lois
Founder in UK

Valuable SEO Tool

Comments: Overall I use Ahrefs frequently and it has a major impact on my daily activities, especially for backlinking, an essential part of my work. I am pleased with it and have no plans to change.

Pros:

The thing I like most about Ahrefs is the backlink feature where I can check the link profile of my competitors and copycat their strategies.

Cons:

Unfortunately, Ahrefs is fairly costly, so when starting out and building my marketing agency, it would have been nicer to have more entry-level-friendly pricing. Sometimes there are also slow loading issues.

Joseph
Owner in US
Internet, 2–10 Employees

Ahrefs has a lot of depth!

Comments: Ahrefs makes short work of diagnosing ranking issues on page and off page. Definitely a powerful tool.

Pros:

As a lead generator, I spend a TON of time doing keyword research. Ahrefs does a fantastic job with finding keywords and keyword phrases that have a lot of search volume with lower keyword ranking difficulty.

Cons:

Other than it being a bit pricey, there is very little I don't like about this software. If anything, the first day or two was a challenge learning how to generate and export custom CSV's.

Mohammed
Mohammed
CEO in Bangladesh
Graphic Design, 2–10 Employees

The best complete SEO tool I have seen ever

Comments: As an SEO expert, I have to work with several types of tools. I have found ahrefs is a very helpful tool for SEO experts. I can do everything that requires to rank my website. I can do the overall competitor analysis with that tool. I can find out the referring domain, quality of referring domain, number of internal linking to a specific page, top-performing pages, outgoing link, etc. I didn’t use their rank tracker so can’t make any comment on it. It is an awesome SEO tool in my opinion.

Pros:

The main thing I love about ahrefs I can optimize the website with a single tool. I can do keyword research (Info, money, comparison, keyword), backlink analysis, Internal linking analysis, domain strength analysis, traffic analysis, anchor text analysis, dofollow - nofollow link ratio, etc. Actually, there are so many features on ahrefs that can’t be described in a few lines. For example, I can find out many low competitive keywords from my competitors' URL, using the organic keywords feature. I think it creates an extra advantage. They have added a new feature recently, which is organic keywords 2.0. It helped me to find a fresh new keyword to work. It also helped me to find out the recent ranking keywords of my website. Their other interesting feature is the content gap, I have analyzed my competitors and found many content ideas that were not covered by them. So it is amazing.

Cons:

I have found a problem with organic keywords that is they repeat the same keyword again and again on multiple pages. It creates a problem at the time of keyword researching. And it shows less search volume than any other keyword research tool. Last thing I dislike their pricing and trial version price. The Trial version should be given for free.

Computer Hardware, 10,000+ Employees

In the current market, it is the greatest tool for locating backlinks and for all-around SEO

Comments: Using Ahrefs, you don't need to employ an SEO company to see business websites. We may study our competitors' websites to see how they've grown their businesses to rank highly in search results, and then replicate that strategy ourselves. To get the most out of Keyword Explorer, we need to know what our competitors are ranking for and what we should be targeting. You can immediately check how many people search for such words each month, and how many of them visit our site. Content that is relevant to our audience will show us how to keep our company pages healthy. Use Ahrefs to see how our website performs on mobile devices and in various countries. Find out who's visiting our site from these locations and see how it performs on these devices.

Pros:

Ahrefs is a powerful and useful tool for SEO because it offers a wide range of options. When I started using Ahrefs in 2019, it was the finest approach for me to find out about my competitors' links, keywords, and traffic. I use site explorer to look at my website's links and keywords. We can also see how our competitors' sites are linked to and how many backlinks they are getting. The URL and Domain Ratings can be monitored. Ahrefs also ranks your website. Determine which other websites are related to this URL. Using batch analysis and link intersections, I'm able to view many websites in one click. You can use Ahrefs "keyword explorer" as well. For your website, we can utilize this tool to find country-specific keywords and the number of individuals searching for those terms. The best way to come up with keyword ideas. People frequently inquire about this. This is also supported by the tool. Using tools like Content Explorer, we can see what other people are already doing in the form of content, which gives us new ideas for our own. Content ideas might be sparked with the help of this instrument.

Cons:

It seems like I'm not taking advantage of a lot of the capabilities that are available to me. That would be wonderful if you could show me some of the stuff I'm missing. Consequently, when I log on, I can see exactly what needs to be done. To give you an example, I can see which pages are taking a long time to load, which sites have lost a significant amount of search exposure, and whose backlinks with high authority we've earned or lost. It would be fantastic if there was a mobile app for it! I don't always want to carry around a laptop when I'm using Ahrefs on the move. Users of a mobile app can add basic features to the app.

2 years ago

Happy to know you're a loyal Ahrefs customer since 2019 :) If you think you're missing out on certain features, then please check out our Ahrefs Academy (https://ahrefs.com/academy) packed with useful video tutorials and our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/c/AhrefsCom) where Sam will walk you through concrete SEO use cases (and how Ahrefs can help). Of course, you can always write us at [email protected] in case you have any questions or concerns. As for any feature requests you might have please publish them here: https://ahrefs.canny.io/ The more upvotes a feature suggestion gets, the likelier it will be considered by our product team when reviewing the product roadmap. Regards, Andrei

Muhammad
Muhammad
Freelancer in Pakistan
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Ahrefs

Comments: Ahrefs is one of the best tools for backlinks I ever used. It provides the option of content-gap through which we can find the most comitent sites for backlinks. It is the most trusted tools by the world professional SEO experts.

Pros:

The best thing about Ahrefs is that it has a content-gap option that helps you to find websites from which you are competent in getting links Ahrefs shows the score of the site which help to find out the goodness of the site

Cons:

I didn't find the major cons of this tool but the accuracy of the data is questionable sometimes Sometimes it keeps blocking our access which cause the disruption

2 years ago

Happy to know you like the content gap tool, Muhammad! Can you write us at [email protected] about the time we blocked your access, as well as the accuracy of the data that you find questionable? If you're referring to the organic traffic that doesn't match the one in Google Search Console, that's because ours is an estimate. You can read more on how we calculate it here: https://help.ahrefs.com/en/articles/1863206-what-is-organic-traffic-in-ahrefs-and-how-do-we-calculate-it If you're talking about keyword volume that doesn't match the one in Google Keyword Planner, that's because we un-group close variants that GKP groups together: https://help.ahrefs.com/en/articles/72571-how-accurate-is-keyword-search-volume-in-ahrefs Anyway, write us in the support chat about these concerns and one of our colleagues will kindly assist you :)

Anthony
Anthony
Reviewer in Kenya
Computer Software, Self Employed

The Ultimate SEO Toolkit

Comments: Overall, my experience with Ahrefs has been positive. It provides a comprehensive set of features, detailed information on backlinks, keyword rankings, and organic search traffic, a user-friendly interface, and the ability to monitor competitors' performance. However, it can be expensive, and the software can be a complex, cluttered interface.

Pros:

I like using Ahrefs because its comprehensive features help me improve my website's SEO and search engine visibility. The software provides detailed information on backlinks, keyword rankings, and organic search traffic, which allows me to understand my website's performance and identify areas for improvement. Additionally, the software is user-friendly and easy to navigate, making it simple to set up and use. The ability to track and monitor my competitors' performance is also a huge plus.

Cons:

One thing that I dislike about Ahrefs is that it can be quite expensive, especially for small businesses or individual use. Additionally, the software can be quite complex, so it may take some time and effort to master all of its features. Additionally, some users may find the software's interface to be cluttered and overwhelming.

last year

Appreciate the review, Anthony, especially the title! :) To address your concerns: 1. For individual use, we recommend using our free plan - Ahrefs Webmaster Tools: https://ahrefs.com/webmaster-tools This one gives you free access to 2/5 of our core tools (Site Explorer & Site Audit) for all your verified websites. Or, you can try one of our free (but limited) tools from our free tools hub: https://ahrefs.com/free-seo-tools 2. If Ahrefs may seem too complex at first sight, be sure to check our "How to Ahrefs" course, where we provide actionable use cases for each report: https://ahrefs.com/academy/how-to-use-ahrefs 3. For the record, every metric in Ahrefs comes with a hint explaining what it means. Nevertheless - I'm curious. Which parts of the interface did you find cluttered? Don't hesitate to write us at [email protected] about how we can improve our product :)

Automotive, 1,001–5,000 Employees

One of the best tools for KW research and backlink analysis

Comments: Ahrefs is undoubtedly a powerhouse when it comes to keyword research, making it an indispensable asset for SEO enthusiasts and professionals alike. Its robust suite of features offers unparalleled insights into keyword performance and competitor strategies. However, there are a couple of areas where Ahrefs could improve. Firstly, the absence of a comprehensive mobile SERP (Search Engine Results Page) overview is somewhat limiting in an era where mobile search is on the rise. Secondly, while Ahrefs excels in many aspects of rank tracking, I found it inaccurate in this area. Despite these minor drawbacks, Ahrefs remains an essential tool for those looking to enhance their SEO efforts and gain a competitive edge in the digital landscape.

Pros:

Powerful keyword research and backlink analysis

Cons:

Absence of mobile SERP overview and inaccurate rank tracking

8 months ago

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to leave a comprehensive review! We're thrilled to hear you're getting value out of our toolset. If you haven't already, please do reach out to [email protected] with specifics about Rank Tracker inaccuracies so we can improve our product offering. Thank you!

Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

The best tool for daily seo work

Comments: It's one of the best Seo tools in the market, but the pricing model is too expensive for small businesses.

Pros:

Best tool for checking competitors baclinks, and historical visibility in serps. The free features after verifications are priceless

Cons:

The new price list is unacceptable. The monthly domain limit is lower than the weekly limit in the previous billing model. It would be great to add

2 years ago

Thank you for the reviews! And sorry to hear about your disappointment at the same time :( Indeed, the old pricing model had tool-based limits. With the new pricing, we've removed them and added a global limit called credits. Those are modeled after average usage data. Prior to this, we studied the usage patterns of our paying customers and designed it in such a way that 80%+ of them were barely affected. While the remaining 20% were affected to a varying degree, based on how much they use the platform. It looks like you're in the latter batch. We also didn't force any of our grandfathered users to change to the new pricing plans, as long as they keep them live. Not sure why you changed to the new plans, but if you feel that you've been wronged, please write to us at [email protected]. Thank you!

Shaikat
CEO in Bangladesh

Feature-Packed All-in-One SEO Tool

Comments: Excellent SEO tool for professionals.

Pros:

Ahrefs is a widely used SEO tool by SEO professionals out there. Their suite of SEO tools is packed with advanced features loved by all, including me. The backlink analysis tool of Ahrefs is unparalleled and considered the benchmark in the SEO industry. Content gap analysis is another excellent feature that I love a lot. In my opinion, Ahrefs is the all-in-one SEO tool you'll ever need to step up your SEO game.

Cons:

Well, well, well - the price! Lately, they have changed their pricing structure, negatively impacting users, including myself. And they lost quite a lot of users!

last year

Thank you for your trust in our backlink checker tool, Shaikat! Indeed, the general feeling is that we're losing a lot of users. When consulting the facts though, around 35% of our paying customers are on the new plans. About the pricing change (the first major one since 2016), this decision was made to counter group buyers. And also to align the pricing plans with the value we provide at Ahrefs. We have the: - #1 SEO crawler (according to CloudflareRadar) - freshest index of live backlinks (20+ B) - largest index of US keywords (4.5B) - largest index of content pages (12B) Hence, the implied costs are not just for processing requests from users. But also for maintaining such a complex infrastructure. Please note though that we allow all grandfathered users to keep their accounts as long as they don't interrupt their subscriptions. We're sorry if we didn't communicate this clearly so you could keep your legacy plan. Should you have further questions, please write us at [email protected] and one of our colleagues will gladly help you!

Ruka
Marketing Exec in UK
Financial Services, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Ahrefs Review from marketing exec at Financial Service

Comments: Overall I am very satisfied with Ahrefs and I believe it is one of the most useful SEO tools to identify new market opportunities, content opportunities, and check competitors performance.

Pros:

Ahrefs gives a very detailed information that is very easily accessible. We use it often to identify new opportunities within the market as well as check competitors performance. Their SERP features allows us to look into the SERP without manually checking them and their position history chart allows us to look into the position movement over the past 2 years.

Cons:

The least favorite part on Ahrefs is that you cannot select a certain set of keywords and get reports on it (at least not with the plan we use). We would need to manually go in and look up each keyword to figure out the performance on those keywords whereas some competitors allows us to register keywords and get automated reporting on its movement.

8 months ago

Hi Ruka! Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts on our toolset. We're happy to hear you're getting a lot of value out of your subscription! For keyword reporting, have you made use of our Rank Tracker feature? It sounds like it might be what you're looking for. If it isn't, please reach out to [email protected] to let us know what it is you had in mind. Thanks again, Ruka!

Franklin
Founder in US
Market Research, 2–10 Employees

Ahrefs is my go-to tool for keyword research

Comments: Ahrefs has been a great tool for our marketing team. It helps us deliver clarity & confidence to our clients about customer behavior in multiple channels. It is helpful for Customer Journey Mapping, Market Research, and Marketing Plan development.

Pros:

Ahrefs is the best tool for keyword research because it includes data from a variety of sources like Amazon and YouTube. The ability to quickly toggle between platforms to see the search volume is fantastic. I also like how easy it is to export, save, and share the data.

Cons:

Ahrefs estimates for keyword CPC is not accurate for Amazon. The data is taken from Google keyword CPC which is an entirely different cost and can mislead a marketer into creating an ill-informed marketing plan. If the website research tool was as powerful as other software providers, I would use it almost exclusively.

Berke
SEO Executive in Türkiye
Marketing & Advertising, 10,000+ Employees

SEO & Marketing Tool with Ahrefs

Comments: I am using Ahrefs over 5 years to drive my marketing strategy, understanding SEO and making keyword research. I am analyzing competitors that my clients have and try to reach their organic traffic.

Pros:

Ahrefs is helpful tool for marketing strategy and marketing insights. You can define your strategy with Ahrefs for SEO perspective and understand your market. They are good at keyword research and competitor analysis.

Cons:

Ahrefs has kind of old dashboard and it is important to have UI and UX perspective. They should develop their UI kit for user experience.

2 years ago

Competitor analysis FTW!! We're actually in the process of updating all of our old reports to the new infrastructure, UX-wise too. What parts of the app are you referring to when saying "old dashboard"? Concrete feedback helps our design team a lot :) Thank you! ^^

MD Rafiul
MD Rafiul
Best Keyword Tool in the Market in Bangladesh
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2–10 Employees

Ahrefs is best tool for backlink analysis

Pros:

Ahrefs is the best tool for backlink analysis. They have some features like analyzing the age, domain authority, and links of a website. Site audit is good features for finding problems with a website. According to Ahrefs, "Site audit checks all the links on a site against our database of blacklisted URLs to identify potential issues."

Cons:

There is no doubt that Ahrefs is a powerful tool for backlinks but is not suitable for keyword research. However, it charges a high price tag.

2 years ago

Thank you for your kind words, Rafiul! Would you mind sharing with us (either in-app or at [email protected]) why our tool is not suited for keyword research? Keywords Explorer is in fact one of our 5 core tools, featuring a 20.8 billion keyword database from 243 countries and plenty of features to generate keyword ideas, analyze their ranking difficulty, and calculate their traffic potential: https://ahrefs.com/keywords-explorer Thank you.

Julien
Julien
Product Designer in Canada
Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

Ahrefs is a powerful all-in-one SEO tool

Comments: In my opinion, Ahrefs is the best SEO tool available. I mainly use Ahrefs to do competitor analysis, achieve my keyword research, and find new backlinking opportunities. Ahrefs also offers a content explorer, which shows the most shared content on a topic. This helps me find popular content to share on social media. For me, it's an essential tool for achieving my SEO goals.

Pros:

It provides detailed keyword and backlinks analysis, which is why I like Ahrefs. The overall UI is clean and easy to understand data visualization. Additionally, I find it useful that I can get a full audit of my site to know how my site performs and where I need to improve or fix technical issues (broken link, 4xx errors, internal links recommendations, and so on).

Cons:

Ahrefs is not a cheap tool, but it can replace many others in the field of SEO. It might not be suitable for those looking to get started on a budget. On every plan, Ahrefs offers a keywords rank tracker (multiple locations, devices), which is very useful when you are working on your On-Page SEO. This feature only has one flaw, its low frequency of updates (every 7 days for the lite plan), so I still need to use another paid rank tracking tool that offers 24-hours updates.