ContentStudio Reviews

• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.6 /5

About ContentStudio

ContentStudio is a data-driven content marketing and social media tool that allows you to discover, compose and share engaging content.

Learn more about ContentStudio

Yadah H.
Educator
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 26/04/2021

"My Go-To Social Media Scheduler"

Comments: I was fortunate to grab a lifetime deal when they were running one, and I CAN NOT believe the value for money I have received for that low entry price! As I get more experienced I am finding more and more features that save time and blow me away with the quality and functionality.

Pros: It integrates with all the major social media brands out there and is quick to let you know when the 'access token' has run out or is faulty so you can immediately re-connect the two (instead of only finding out ages later that something went wrong and your posts haven't been going out). You can connect your RSS feed to constantly have your blog posts being sent out automatically, and can set a scheduling calendar that will 'fill in the blanks' for you with older content when things are slow. They offer a function to search for realatable content (super handy!) and have recently rolled out a hashtag feature that will recommend ranking hashtags based on key words related to your content. Each month they send out an email listing the new things they have implemented and the bugs they have fixed.

Cons: As a non-tech savvy person it can get quite overwhelming trying to figure out what does what on the dashboard. I know I'm able to loop content (like you would for Pinterest) but I have no idea how to do it and not end up spamming my own account. They could definitely have more tutorials on how to make the product user-friendly for newbies like myself.

• Reviewed on 26/04/2021
Russell A.
ICT Mentor
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2020

"Buggy, features not working, slow support services"

Pros: The potential. It promises a lot. For the services promised, it should be amazing. It is not.

Cons: feature do not deliver. Couldn't get Twitter analysis, support was very slow to acknowledge, did not correct quickly. There is no easy cancel option to get your money back if you don't like the product. Evergreen is clunky and slow. You're better off writing your own posts and scheduling them on free software. The automatic tools can be confusing and the 'help' videos are their YouTube channel, which makes help hard to find.

• Reviewed on 29/05/2020
Phil W.
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/04/2021

"Content Studio helps you with your daily posts"

Comments: Good. They are bringing on new features and improving others so its a product that is in constant development and sees to be future proof which is a big consideration

Pros: It's packed with features that are ideal for curating daily content for myself and my clients.
It's easy to use to takes away the hurdle to get the job done

Cons: Still, some integrations missing but generally, it's proved good and easy to set up. Its analytics are not as good as the native apps but hopefully, that will improve

• Reviewed on 05/04/2021
Stephen D.
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/04/2021

"By Far the Best Tool for the Job"

Comments: Posting not only for my own businesses social accounts but that of clients. It is a no brainer in terms of a value add or upsell to my other services.

Pros: I love how easy it is to command such a wide array of social platforms in one place and with such a powerful yet simple interface.

Cons: That I am still not using it to it's fullest potential.

• Reviewed on 19/04/2021
Sean R.
Co-Founder
  • Reviewed on 09/06/2021

"A Solid Platform That is Constantly Improving"

Comments: I was able to purchase a LTD of ContentStudio, and really got some bang for my buck. But even with the cost of this today, I still consider it a solid option for content management across multiple social platforms.

Pros: Packed with features and functionality, ContentStudio really is a solid platform for anyone looking to get control of their online content and manage their metrics. It's priced well for the feature set, and comes with some solid support if you have any issues.

Cons: For the non-technical, this platform may be a bit overwhelming. Some may say there are too many options and a bit of a learning curve to use it properly. However, I prefer granular control and management over my content.

• Reviewed on 09/06/2021
Stefano D.
freelancer
  • Reviewed on 02/10/2020

"lot of great stuff, but.."

Comments: considering that there is NO perfect tool, I use and recommend ContentStudio, because for my Content Curation needs, it is one of the most versatile and efficient tools. Perhaps the user interface and usability could be improved, because it is not always easy to navigate between the options. That's why I haven't given 5 stars so far. But it's definitely worth a try.

Pros: surely Contentstudio is a really useful tool because it integrates several basic functions. It is possible to coordinate publication flows on various channels, study the analytics for each channel and post, retrieve content even from third parties, such as Pocket and Feedly. It integrates the search and use of sources also through the Chrome bookmarklet. Excellent function of creating categories, and planning their publication. Although the analytics are not as thorough as other tools, they are more than enough to have a global vision of the progress of social channels. There are many possible integrations. Very useful the chance to add features at only 1$ per month each.

Cons: one of the main Cons is that as for now, there is no chance to choose a still preview for a video to post. Unlike other applications such as Onlypult or Postpickr, I have not found any way to solve the problem. I have contacted support, but so far no feedback about it. Another the major CON is that it does not have direct publication on Instagram, but offers 2 ways: via app notification (which can be annoying at times) or integration with Zapier, through a wizard.

• Reviewed on 02/10/2020
Lloyd P.
  • Reviewed on 04/06/2020

"I'm looking forward to the customer service becoming as great as the product."

Comments: The product seemed really great based on how it was marketed and it's definitely a great tool. Customer support is kind of a mixed bag. Some days they are more responsive than others, but I suppose that they are doing the best that they can. I was tempted to get a refund and move on to another service but then they kind of gave me an offer that I couldn't refuse.
Content Studio appears to be just what I need to step our social media game up in a major way. I have no complaints about the product itself.

Pros: The user interface is clean and its easy to use. They have an iphone app(which is necessary to do scheduled postings to Instagram), the features seem to be very useful, they are constantly updating the product and introducing new features. The influencer and analysis add-ons seem pretty promising, just wish they weren't so costly.

Cons: I scheduled two demos because I wanted to have a more in-depth conversation about the features and functionality of the product, but the representatives failed to appear at both web conferences. I think the time difference plays a large role in their slow responsiveness when it comes to resolving customer issues. Also, the pricing isn't exactly great but it isn't bad.

• Reviewed on 04/06/2020
Ken I.
  • Reviewed on 04/10/2019

"ContentStudio is our goto for content ideas, research, and syndication across platforms."

Comments: ContentStudio takes what used to be the multi-day chore of content creation and syndication and condenses it into a mere 15-30 minute session every couple of days. I couldn't be more pleased with the amount of time saved and the cost/benefit ratio. There are some not so frequent upgrades that come available at a lifetime purchase, so be on the lookout for those! Definitely a great investment for the local business, but a must-have for any agency.

Pros: Constant innovation and feature additions. The authors are continually adding features and are very receptive to user ideas. This software makes it so easy to find great ideas for blog posts, social posts, articles, etc., it ought to be illegal. (but we're glad it's not) . We use this daily to spot trends, identify influencers and schedule our content across major platforms. This probably saves more time across the board than any other software investment we've used. The level of filtering for relevant content is unmatched and once you've set everything up - and I recommend you take this part seriously, do some planning about what your content plan is - but once it's set up, it makes content creation, curation etc., super-easy. If you don't spend some time planning, the broad feature set of this software will still work, but the time cost/benefit ratio will decline. Still worth it, but when your plan is tuned - holy cow! Couldn't recommend Content Studio any stronger!

Cons: There are some helpful video tutorials, but frankly, ContentStudio should create a playlist for developing a strategic content plan for using the system to the fullest. That said, there blog publishes helpful ideas regularly. It's just that there's no real cohesive 'start here' or 'step 1, step2' guidance for using all of the facets of this great tool together. There are so many moving pieces to ContentStudio that there's a bit of a learning curve. Once it's set up though, you're done. Then it's pretty much an easy-button situation. That's where the 'Strategy' playlist would be helpful.

• Reviewed on 04/10/2019
Ankit R.
Global Media and Research Executive
Paper & Forest Products, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/03/2019

"One of the best Content Automation Tool for Digital Marketers of the future"

Comments: The team behind ContentStudio is amazing. I am one of their early adopters and I have loved this tool. As I mentioned above, I use this tool heavily to find relevant contents.

Pros: As the name suggests - ContentStudio is an all in one - content creation, curation and distribution tool - but what does that mean? I am into Facebook Advertising and interested in learning about new updates or get access to popular content across the web related to Facebook Advertising. Discovery Tool - I can filter which exact sources (blogs, articles etc) and webpages I want to get my updates from. I usually want to get updates from JonLoomer.com or Socialmediatoday.com, so I select their RSS feed as my source of articles. I can fine tune the results I want by choosing the keywords I am interested in. After my discovery setup is done, I get a list of relevant articles that is very easy for me to go through without having to leave the webapp. Publish - After I have a list of all the articles and once I quickly scan past them, I can either share the most relevant contents in my social media channels, or I can combine what I have learned and create a new post myself. Once done, I can easily share to all my social media channels in 1 click - it is that easy. Analyze - How do I know how my contents are doing? Are my original articles performing better than the ones I reshared from other website? This is where I find all this information.

Cons: I am looking forward to getting more features that provides me information on social media pages of brands I want to track and websites to track and understand their performance - so I can set a benchmark for my own campaigns.

• Reviewed on 09/03/2019
Kristin B.
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 08/09/2019

"It Just Keeps Getting Better!!!"

Comments: I first purchased ContentStudio in May 2018 on AppSumo. I watched it grow and used it on and off, but now I'm going all in. Especially since they just added analytics and influencer research. I plan on canceling several other services/products I'm using that I will no longer need due to ContentStudios suite of features. I'm hoping to use it effectively for both planning and publishing.

Pros: 1. Built-in curation (and it's GOOD curation, not haphazard).
2. Ability to add RSS feeds.
3. Ability to compose content within the platform.
4. Can also search real-time for content and see engagement, shares and sentiment.
5. Automation and integration capabilities
6. The brand new analytics and influencer research options

Cons: I don't want to include a con because they are constantly improving and adding features to ContentStudio. You can also connect directly to their Trello roadmap and make suggestions for new features.

• Reviewed on 08/09/2019
Piotr C.
Board Member
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2019

"Very nice tool for social media automation"

Comments: Thanks to ContentStuidio, I save a lot of time with the team. I can automate activities in SocialMedia. Run many different profiles, in different media from one place. A very useful tool.

Pros: During last year Content Studio team made a lot improvements. Few weeks ago they release new version CS V2.
They have native integration with link shortener relug.io - this is really awesome.
They made very good job in implemeting of the way of workflow - teams and workspaces are very clear and simple in use.
Inside CS You will find 3 main tools which are dividing for smaller parts::
*DISCOVER tool for searching nice articles and post from your niche
--->Topics with trending topics and quotas
-->Search - toll for searching trending posts
*PUBLISH
--> Composer - with nice and clever Social Media Post Composer and RSS Post Composer for blogging. Here You will prepare Your posts for Your channels, with possibility to publish the same post in few channels, add/create image, add hastags, create UTM and links with advanced replug.io link shortener. Each post You can 'Post Now', 'Schedule', 'Add To Queue', or save as 'Draft'
--> Planner - advanced scheduling calendar, with filters and differet views
--> Automation - here You can prepare different types of campaigns. I didn't use this functions in new version of CS yet. Options: 'Article Links to Social Media', 'Videos to Social Media', 'Articles to Blog', 'Videos to Blog', 'RSS Feed to Social Media',
Comming soon options: 'Bulk Uploader(Schedule multiple messages to your social media channels via CSV data import)', 'Evergreen'
*ANALYZE - they say: Analytics - Coming Soon!
They have public Roadmap

Cons: For me the biggest issue is weakness of DISCOVER tool in my language (Polish). It is working but gives very poor results. I don't use, but I see that in English it's working very good.

• Reviewed on 21/03/2019
Aditya K.
Managing Partner
  • Reviewed on 07/11/2019

"Indispensable Social Media Marketing Suite"

Comments: Have been mostly satisfied with content studio. Is very helpful for content curation for blogs and running automated campaigns. Has the scope for growing into a great social media software.

Pros: Almost the perfect Social Media Marketing Suite. I had bought it primarily for its excellent content discovery feature as I had other options for automated social media posting. But the way this application has evolved over the past year is amazing. Now they have added the Analytics and Influencer modules with other tools like insights and social inbox which makes the software a must have if you are into social media marketing. The Content discovery tool is awesome and I have relied completely on this tool for all my content curation needs across a variety of niches for my blogs and websites. It has never dissappointed.

Cons: It needs to develop some advanced features like to be able to auto-tag posts with UTM parameters, a better way of evergreen posting etc. Then it could be the swiss army knife of Social media marketing.

• Reviewed on 07/11/2019
Consultant
Public Relations & Communications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/11/2020

"A rising star"

Comments: The product is great based on how it was marketed and it is a great tool. Used across 3 brands and does this with ease.

Pros: The product is great based on how it was marketed and it is a great tool. Customer support is mixed, some days better than others. Content Studio steps our social media game up in a major way. No complaints about the product itself and happy to be using it.

Cons: Can be buggy, features not always working, consistency of support services.

• Reviewed on 07/11/2020
Mark Y.
Sales Specialist
Marketing & Advertising, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2019

"ContentStudio makes social media management easy"

Comments: I have gained a lot more traction on my social media accounts since I started using ContentStudio. I like that I can set-up auto posting projects and they run for months without me touching anything.

Pros: ContentStudio is easy to set up and use. No need to create APIs is a big plus. Adding social media accounts and blogs is a breeze. Once you get set-up, finding trending articles, videos and memes is actually pretty fun. You simply select an item to share, edit the post with your own hashtags and even pictures and select what websites and social media accounts to share to immediately or schedule and boom! That's it. You can also automate sharing. ContentStudio is constantly being upgraded and improved with new features being added on a consistent basis. Overall, this is one of the best marketing tools I have ever invested in.

Cons: Sometimes a few features stop working temporarily, but support is very responsive and any issues are fixed quickly.

• Reviewed on 26/03/2019
Norbert S.
  • Reviewed on 12/08/2020

"Awesome social media tool"

Comments: We are really happy to use this software for our agency and it really helps to plan and coordinate postings with the team and the clients

Pros: its easy to use and very intuitive
very easy to connect accounts and see how long time you need to revalidate the connection
very good and structured overview about planned postings accross the different channels

Cons: no feelings for Facebook available
no german translation available

• Reviewed on 12/08/2020
Kirby Z.
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2020

"Your one-stop shop for all things Social Media"

Comments: I love my experience with CS! They're a great, innovative team who are always improving their product for their customers, whether that’s 's analytics, insights, or different scheduling options.

Pros: I love the endless choices you can make when either scheduling or curating content, whether you want it to show slightly different on several platforms or post evergreen content. ContentStudio is nothing to be taken lightly!

Cons: So far, I don't like the lack of Instagram scheduling. Other than that, it's all pretty solid and a great tool for Digital Marketers.

• Reviewed on 13/02/2020
Gaurab D.
Co Founder
Market Research, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/04/2019

"End to End analytics of topics trending in Social Media and content curation"

Comments: I m very satisfied with this tool and it beats the other similar tools by its comprehensive functionalities.
I have patronized contentstudio and not looking for any other tool for managing social media content as of now.

Pros: The UI of ContentStudio is very sleek and it helps me find the trending content in the niche I m working.
It also helps in Content curation and Syndication across various social media.
The Automation module helps in saving lots of time by automatically syndicating content.
Overall an awesome SAAS app delivering exhaustive features to manage the content for social media accounts.

Cons: Its still in the making but few cons are like the composer module is not upto the mark compared to other tools available in the market for on page optimization. A lot can be done there but of course I understand this feature is not the forte of contentstudio.

• Reviewed on 08/04/2019
Hope T.
CEO / Founder
Media Production, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 08/03/2021

"Honestly the BEST social planning content out there."

Comments: The feature you get in ContentStudio Literally beats everything out there. Custom hashtag categories, posting ideas, and RSS feed implementation with analytics. I have tried Later, Planoly, Hootsuite, etc. all of them are garbage compared to ContentStudio. I am a very picky user and try out so many different services, these guys are definitely awesome and worth it. It also has a phone app that rocks so that is a major bonus too! Support is amazing as well.

Pros: You have so many options for automation and then it gives you amazing ideas for reposting similar content. It's intuitive and not like regular clunky posting software. A couple of clicks and I'm done! Love it.

Cons: everything has been awesome. No complaints!

• Reviewed on 08/03/2021
Ken I.
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2019

"Save a ton of time on content marketing and social syndication"

Comments: It used to be a huge time-suck to find the best content for social media sharing. ContentStudio makes this endeavor much less cumbersome.

Pros: ContentStudio helps me stay organized in my mission to share relevant, timely and popular content with my audience. Research that might take hours is condensed into minutes, and the built-in insights allow me to make decisions quickly and decisively. I can easily find popular or trending content on any subject, and instantly view the influencers who might make it viral. Great tool for promoting any organization.

Cons: If I had to be nitpicky, I'd say that the recent upgrade to version 2.0 made navigating to some of my favorite tools difficult, but only because of habit. Now that I'm getting used to them, it's been easier. ;)

• Reviewed on 22/03/2019
Panayiotis T.
CEO B2bars
  • Reviewed on 26/09/2019

"Mature and solid platform"

Comments: It's really a true buffer alternative, with really value for money.

Pros: I love the 100% uptime, bug free solution they offer and their easy to use mobile app.
The evergreen posts and post to blog are great features too!

Cons: The online version has a bot hard learing curve, and the interface doesn't help a lot.
But once you get use to it, you will love it! i did :)

• Reviewed on 26/09/2019
Atley J.
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2018

"Keeps on getting better"

Comments: Customer Service is quick and for the small hiccups I've had, they have always resolved them with professionalism and surprisingly would ask me if I encountered certain hiccups I think others may have had just to ensure it wasn't a wide spread problem or to alert to one to look out for. Can't say I've found one, but good to know they are hiding problems.
Updates, can't say this enough, but they actually release updates and not just some simple "dark" mode or something silly like that. That's really refreshing to know that they are constantly releasing solid updates to their system.

Pros: The ability to manage xx amount of social accounts, scheduling, all what the application says it can do. I've tried many others that have their strengths yes, but always end up resorting right back to CS. Considering this is a young SAAS and in this tough market they are pushing through.

Cons: Searching for different articles can come up with blanks depending what your searching and you have to go crawl outside of the application for extra content to use. I usually have to do this about 25% of the time as no system is perfect and this doesn't stop me from using it.

• Reviewed on 15/10/2018
Virginia G.
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2020

"5 Star Workflow for Content Creation"

Comments: I've been using it for a few years and I keep discovering how great it is again. There have consistently been upgraded and improved since inception when it was pretty great already!

Pros: Content studio just keeps getting better and better. It evolves with content creation. Most recently it now integrates with canva for image creation. I wish I did social media as my full time job just to use it more. It's such a great workflow, I can save stories on pocket using my iphone, then retrieve them for stories to create and sent to my blog and then send them to all my social channels, with customised retargeting links and automated hashtags, and finding other great people to tag for the story.. I just love using it and I can automate anything to draft if i think up any process.

Cons: nothing previously the UI wasn't as nice but this has been upgraded

• Reviewed on 16/11/2020
Carlos T.
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2020

"Great all-in one social media content discovery and publishing solution"

Comments: I love using ContentStudio for my social media marketing needs. I can create profiles for each of my social media projects/campaigns, associate my relevant social media accounts, discover content and influencers and schedule and post my content. The features keep growing and it integrates well with my Replug.io link shortening tool. I'm looking forward to using the software for years to come.

Pros: ContentStudio is very robust with many features, but it has a very easy-to-use, simple and easy-to-understand user interface. That's what I like most about the software.

Cons: If they had a Zapier integration, that would be absolutely killer.

• Reviewed on 18/03/2020
Trevor M.
Director of Operations
  • Reviewed on 05/09/2019

"The best all-in-one content marketing platform!"

Comments: My experience has been fantastic. Content Studio is simple to use and has saved me a ton of time.

Pros: Content Studio makes it easy to manage your entire content marketing tool from a single place. It makes finding relevant content a breeze and even lets you build your own boolean searches using on-brand keywords. Additionally, it offers fantastic integration options including Feedly and Pocket.

Cons: The only thing I feel it's missing is the ability to use their curated topics in automation campaigns. Currently, it appears you can only use custom topics you create.

• Reviewed on 05/09/2019
Thomas R.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/06/2019

"Hands Down the Best Way to Generate Original Social Media Content... Efficiently."

Comments: Overall, ContentStudio is one of my most favorite tools for running my businesses. It's such a time saver without compromising quality. In fact, I think the quality is actually better because I'm finding content I otherwise would not have had the time to search for.

Pros: I love that I can click a button and the content I created (almost effortlessly using ContentStudio's content generation tools and rewriter implementation) is automatically posted to all my channels (blog and social media), either immediately or on a schedule. A great way to batch my social media posting.

Cons: It's a bit difficult for me to find sources easily. Some of the content that is pulled is irrelevant, but I think this can be improved by me tweaking my search parameters.

• Reviewed on 03/06/2019