15 years helping Singaporean businesses

About Nextiva

Nextiva is a Unified CXM company that provides AI-powered customer experience solutions.

Learn more about Nextiva

Pros:

I like how quick their service is when it comes to asking questions or needing to add a new line.

Cons:

We didn't even let users know they could login--it's that bad. The cost of their service just cannot compete with the rest of the market.

Nextiva ratings

4.5

8.7/10

Nextiva has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 876 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Nextiva before?

Karen
Karen
attorney in US
Law Practice, 2–10 Employees

Try them out!

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Price, ease of use, access remotely with no issues.

Cons:

Website for administrating can be confusing to navigate at times.

Harry
Property Manager in US
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

nextiva a new begining

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Everything would be the easy answer, it was easy to setup, received the phones much sooner the expected the installation was plug in and go. then came the service meeting and one on one. Any question you could come up with the had an answer, They checked and verified that everything you did was correct and when you thought it couldn't get any better they gave you a contact number for customer solutions. when you have any question from how to to what does that mean get's answered during the call. FANTASTIC!!!!

Cons:

There is really nothing that I don't like as yet with Nextiva.. I guess if I had to come with something I wish they had a better manual for the phones.

Bruce
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

Buyer beware!

1.0 2 months ago New

Comments: This is from Nextiva in response to a customer: Here at Nextiva we pride ourselves on our honesty and Amazing Service, and we strive to deliver both on every customer interaction.
My experience with Nextiva is the company couldn't rent ethical standards, let alone own them. Now that I have performed research I should have done before choosing Nextiva, I find numerous complaints about Nextiva's deceptive business practice of having a customer sign a simple 2 page contract, while referring them to their 10 page online Terms & Conditions wherein they divulge the secret of their success: auto renewal.
Quite frankly, I'm shocked there hasn't been a class action suit against them.

Pros:

After 3 years, the negatives so far outweighed any positives that I can't think of anything good to say about Nextiva or their service.

Cons:

Their approach to business appears to be: lure the customer in, demand a 3-year contract, hide the part about auto renewal, provide just average level service, hire less than competent support staff to handle customer complaints, and hope the customer doesn't become aware of the auto renewal gimmick before the end of the contract term.

last month

Hi Bruce, I hear your frustration and I am here to help. I want to better understand what I can do to improve your Nextiva experience, and make up to you the negative you have experienced thus far. Please reach out to me directly at [email protected], and I will do everything I can to help and make this up to you. Thomas from Nextiva

Aaron
Network Administrator in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201–500 Employees

2 Years With Nextiva

Comments: Overall its been pleasent, the documentation is throrough theyve been quick to help with any issues that aren't arelady addressed.

Pros:

Overall experience is palletable, theyre quick to answer any questions and support is avaiblbe 24x7. There hasn't been an issue they have not been able to resolve, our business deals with calls first and foremost, its important that our customers can reach a live person 24/7 and Nextiva systems allows for just that.

Cons:

Purely from an administrative standpoint, i would like to have the option to procure more licenses for users at my descretion, along with being able to manually set a password for a user to log into the nextiva app. For now my only options are to send a "resetpassword" email link

Nathan
Director of IT in US
Furniture, 51–200 Employees

An incredibly useful VoIP solution

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: My overall experience is excellent. Nextiva works 99% of the time and is very easy to setup. Our account manager is very responsive and customer support has resolved just about every issue in under 2 days.

Pros:

Nextiva works very well for internal and external communication between our employees and customers. It has a lot of functionality that is simple to setup. Our account rep [sensitive content hidden] is awesome and works with us on everything!

Cons:

The administrative management of the account could use some uplift in UI/UX. It's difficult to find more niche things such as a specific type of call log because it's buried under another tab that doesn't really make sense.

Robert
IT Officer in US
Financial Services, 51–200 Employees

Nextiva is a stable provider but app could be improved

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Good but could be better. Better app is definitely needed and the response time for support phone calls could be greatly improved.

Pros:

Stability and ease of use and management. Have not had any major issues or outages since implementation.

Cons:

The desktop application was replaced soon after we converted and it is not very good or well thought out. I don't understand why a desktop application will make my computer ring.

Operations Manager in US
Insurance, 2–10 Employees

Nextiva has been a Great Service

5.0 last month New

Comments: We have had great service with Nextiva and when we have an issue, they offer several options to obtain tech support. And we have been very satisfied with their service, tech support and equipment.

Pros:

The service, as it is very user friendly. We are able to control most of the set up and installing a new user and or phone. The cost is very good when comparing features to other Voip Providers. The Features that come with the service is great and we have been very satisfied.

Cons:

Nextiva One started out with a lot of issues but they have made some great updates and hopefully they keep enhancing it.

Robert
Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

A Solid Choice You Won't Regret

5.0 last month New

Comments: Nextiva is a lot better in CS than our previous phone company. It is clear what we are paying for and the services we get. There is no confusion during the initial process, even though I am not a technical guy. I'm just a small business manager but I was able to set up the entire phone menu system myself. Great product.

Pros:

Customer service is great. Ease of Use is there. Clarity in how to get to your goals for the phone system.

Cons:

There is not much I don't like. Nothing so huge that it would need to be mentioned.

Richard
Principal Lawyer in US
Law Practice, Self Employed

Nextiva is the best system around

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Nextiva is an excellent telecommunications service. I have used a few, but Nextiva is the best.

Pros:

Telephone service is great. The cost quite reasonable and the technical support fast and fabulous. I also use the e fax system which is excellent in every way, easy to use and quite comprehensive. Unlike other systems which have you email to a system - and deliver it to one fax number, Nextiva has a fax portal where you can send a fax to multiple fax numbers as well as sending the faxed documents to an email address. Cost, service and support are superior to all other systems I have tried.

Cons:

Nothing in the system is an issue - works well

Cliff
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Great service for the cost

5.0 last month New

Comments: it has been a great experience. We needed a new phone solution and with in just a few days, we were set up and ready to use it. They also sent us hard phones at no cost to use in the office.

Pros:

The cost is very affordable! The application is very easy to use and always have new updates rolling out.

Cons:

Sometimes, it is glitchy but with the new updates and support we typically have a solution with in a day.

Aaron
Retail, Self Employed

Trying to leave Nextiva was a nightmare

Comments: I would avoid Nextiva at all costs. If I had a time machine, I'd go back and talk to my past self to avoid them like the plaque. You could not get me to switch back to them even if their service was free or they offered to pay me to use their service.

Pros:

Their phones did come preset up and the onboarding process was very streamlined. When I did need technical support, they were quick to resolve the issues.

Cons:

Where to begin, their pricing and contracts all but force you to stick with them long term or pay an arm and a leg to leave. I should have known better than to sign any contract, but wanted to save a little bit on the upfront costs (by getting a free phone) and slightly lower monthly rates. When I did leave Nextiva, I happily paid to break my contract, even though I shouldn't have had to pay any ETF at all. More on that later. While Nextiva's technical support was great, good luck if you ever need customer support for billing or contract issues. When I was finally fed up with the prices Nextiva was charging, I went back through my contract and noticed that Nextiva did not honor their end of the bargain. When I called up customer service to end my contract, the customer service agents tried to weasel their way out of it, trying to explain one thing that they meant, but clearly wasn't literally written into the contract. Trying to leave them was a literal nightmare, because they broke their contract and I refused to pay the full ETF, I had to speak with a manager, who was supposed to call and never did. I had to call them 20+ times to finally get in touch with this manager. And because this manager was assigned to my case, I couldn't get another manager to fix things in the mean time. I'm 100% sure if I wasn't so persistent, I never would have gotten through to finally break free. Don't walk, run far far away from Nextiva.

4 years ago

Hello Aaron, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're sorry to see you go and wish you and your team the best. If we can help you with anything, please let us know.

Gregg
VP in US
Sporting Goods, 11–50 Employees

A good phone system, but could be better.

Pros:

Mostly, I like that it works. I don’t get complaints from my people like I did with our previous Dialpad system. Free high-quality desk phones was a juice bonus. Not a difficult system to learn or use as a user.

Cons:

No voicemail transcription! Difficult to change call trees by yourself (but customer service does it happily and quickly for you). My personal white whale - the iOS app does not work (refuses to sign in) on my iPhone or iPad because it doesn’t like my wifi router (or some such BS).

2 years ago

Hello Gregg, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying the switch to Nextiva and the ease of use that comes with it. We appreciate your feedback on voicemail transcription and the mobile app will make our team aware of the issue and work to improve this for you in the future.

Agency Owner in US
Insurance, 2–10 Employees

Great service and very compettitive pricing

Comments: I have had Nextiva for over 10 years and the service has always worked great for my Insurance Business.

Pros:

I like the mobile app and the ease of use of the service

Cons:

I feel like they could improve their call wait times for customer service.

Sherry
Circulation Director in US
Publishing, 2–10 Employees

A Custom Solution

Comments: Nextiva gives us a dependable point of contact with our customers. They were even able to port our existing toll-free number so the switchover was invisible to clients.

Pros:

I like that Nextiva tailored their plan to our needs with regards to number of seats and international calling especially. I also like the service also includes a softphone, so that I don't have to use a separate app like I've had to in the past with other services.

Cons:

Everything has been very smooth so far. I don't have any real complaints.

Jaimee
Logistics & Supply Chain, 2–10 Employees

Great Price, Great Customer Service, Great App!

Comments: I am extremely happy with the sale experience and continued use! Lifetime customer here!

Pros:

I am the owner of a growing logistics business in FL. After outgrowing Google Voice, and frustrations with another big name company out there, I was looking for a system that could grow with us as we expanded and didn't make us pay for extras that we didn't need. The sales rep. came up with the perfect plan for our small business, without trying to upsell me and without a contract! So many other companies I investigated wanted a commitment and after our bad experience with another popular company I did not want to be stuck. After 3 months of using Nextiva I couldn't be happier. My manager and I use the app on our phones and I use the app on my MacBook seamlessly. The price is right! The customer service chat is amazing! They helped to set us up and have been available to answer questions whenever we were in need. There was a little learning curve to adjust to how we do business, but it was so much easier than that other big name. Would recommend Nextiva for all your communication needs!

Cons:

I like to think that I am pretty tech. savvy, but I did need help setting up our system for our team. Customer service was right there to help me though. There is also a small learning curve using the app, but you will have that with any new system you try.

Bruce
IT Administrator in US
Building Materials, 51–200 Employees

Nextiva VOIP phone system review

Comments: Over all, it's been a great experience anytime I need help the support is great. The billing department has something to desire they are not very forthcoming when a change happens all of a sudden your bill is different

Pros:

I like the admin interface it's very intuitive and easy to use it lets you get the job done

Cons:

Some of the little things when daylight savings time happens we have to call to get it switched when a user takes over an extension there is one area we can't change so have to send that to support

Mario
IT Director in US
Fine Art, 11–50 Employees

Good onboarding, price, and service

Comments: There isn't much to complain about as they have the onboarding and provisioning logic down solid. Somethimes though, it seems like they are so used to dealing with inexperienced people that when someone with good technology experience calls that the issue must be explained multiple times. But for the most part, their support is good.

Pros:

The onboarding process was meticulous and they schedule meetings at various stages to gather and review information and setup. The price was very reasonable, saving us about 50% over our previous providers. Cloud management of PBX features and eliminating our on-premises hardware.

Cons:

If someone depletes your Long Distance credits, it can disable your entire account and all phone service (as described by sales, hasn't happened). Some features and control are only available to their support staff, so you may have to ask for help.

Christina
CFO in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Happy Customer

Comments: Overall we have been happy with the service and features offered by Nextiva.

Pros:

The think I like the most about Nextiva is that they understand what features are important to help customers work efficiently. Having the ability to download the Nextiva app on my cellphone allows me to step away from the office and still stay connected. I also like having access to my voicemails directly in my email inbox!

Cons:

The implementation process was not what I expected. I thought that Nextiva would handle the heavy lifting but was surprised to find out that we were in charge of everything like switching out old phones and connecting the new ones in our offices. The representative assigned to us was very responsive but if you are not tech savvy or have technical staff this will be difficult and time consuming.

Antoinette
Office Manager in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Efficient Telephone System

Pros:

-Clarity of calls is exceptional.-Ease of use to manage calls like transferring and call forwarding

Cons:

Since its VOIP, if our Internet is down, it will be down as well and cannot be used.

Law Practice, 51–200 Employees

Nextiva - a great software partnership

Comments: We’ve been Nextiva customers for at least 5 years. It’s been a long road with them and we were one of the early adopters. A lot of what could be classed as “negative” I think in hindsight was due to the rate of growth and common young business realities. However, we stayed with Nextiva due to the service. The staff are trained well and encouraged to support clients to the best of their ability. They give the resources required to do a good job, which is really costly but so important. As they grew this part didn’t change, they’ve been able to maintain their amazing service model for many years. As they have released new products into the market they’ve given us demos and previews and asked for feedback, which we are happy to provide. It’s very obvious that they’re trying to build the right technology and want to make sure it’s addressing the core of a problem. They’re obsessed and it makes their products the best on the market. This is why we are always open to trying each new product. There is always something to learn and we don’t know how it could positively impact us. Once you partner with Nextiva you get the impression you’re being brought into something much bigger and it’s really exciting, and fun too.

Pros:

The benefits of working with a company like Nextiva are really endless. First of all, they have great solutions for business communications and management tools. They are well crafted to address problems and they’ve been honed over many years and with many clients. The experience this organization has is baked into everything and that means the service is amazing too. They can see a problem and solve it before you’re even aware. It’s really amazing to see how they work. The team we work with has an intimate understand of our businesses specific needs and can proactively offer ideas and options for tools we may need in future. We’re not guessing and shooting in the dark anymore. Our technology roadmap has a solid foundation and a clear future. There are some newer tools, like the NextOS platform, that will be even more amazing than some of their originals like VoIP. With the NextOS platform, they have looked at their clients and what their needs are and developed something that’s truly cutting-edge. Making AI and Machine Learning available to small-medium sized businesses is something they can really be proud of and it’s going to have so many positive outcomes. It’s so much more than a CRM and it touches the entire business from frontline workers, to analysts and project managers, all the way up to the CEO.

Cons:

This technology is quite demanding on a business. It calls for visionaries and trailblazers to envision how it could benefit, and then they must spearhead the work. Once live, the tools push for efficiencies and the transparent reporting makes it clear if there are people who are not pulling their weight. This can result in lots of organizational change. It’s important to understand how to handle this sort of information and enable your organization to adapt in the best way. Otherwise, I can imagine, there could be some negative outcomes too or at least unexpected one. Essentially, those that don’t like efficient and productive systems will not enjoy the way these tools change the business. It’s as simple as that. They also make the whole go-live process very streamlined and simple. You’re not left to work out how to launch like with some technology services. With Nextiva, they’re there with you every single step of the way. They do everything in their power to make it a successful experience. We did a project with another company a year or so ago and we realized we were used to the amazing Nextiva service which it turns out is actually quite rare. Really we just need Nextiva to be providing all our software! At least that’s my solution to the problem!

Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Amazing service & platform

Comments: The overall experience with Nextiva was excellent. I can highly recommend them as a software service provider. The entire process was streamlined and professional. The staff were very knowledgeable and were able to guide the team here through all the necessary steps, they made smart recommendations that allowed us to avoid future problems, and they even made it enjoyable. We’re now working on the NextOS system and it’s been amazing to see how the team have adapted and how it’s impacted their work output. There are many process and procedure benefits to improving customer communication, tracking and projects and NextOS is allowing us to unlock a lot of value we didn’t know we could provide. People are happier and customers are noticing the difference. Until recently, I hadn’t really recognized just how important tools and systems are to our employees and what a negative environment had arisen as a result of the broken nature of our old services. Now that we’re working with the latest in AI and Machine Learning, we are seeing a real shift in the company culture. It’s super exciting what this system can do and we’re seeing it first-hand.

Pros:

There are so many pros to Nextiva’s platform. We have been able to increase our business productivity, profitability and our communications processes, all with one new system. Nextiva have created an all in one platform that’s addressed our major communications issues and there have been a number of flow on benefits that we didn’t expect. It was really fast getting set up, our staff were able to learn the tools and get up to speed much quicker than expected. A lot of the implementation work was actually completed by the Nextiva service team, saving our team so much time and energy. Our costs have gone down, which is amazing and completely beyond our expectations. It’s really worth checking out. In the sales process we were able to understand and unpack which features we could use all with a simple demo call. It was all a lot easier than we expected. Oh I forgot to mention, we’re also using the Nextiva phone service. It’s been a while but we still love their VOIP product and the quality of the line from Nextiva is perfect, much better than our old provider. It’s worth having a look at if you need to explore phone services and want a more cost effective option without losing all the features and benefits.

Cons:

I was involved throughout the entire process and I can honestly say there are no cons I think can of. Sorry, that’s not exactly helpful but for our business it was just a great fit technology wise.

Spring
Spring
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

Since 2014 - Still very important to our business model

Comments: Over all - Nextiva is a great solution for small and medium sized businesses. It may be great for large businesses, but I don't have that experience to comment. The desktop clients make taking the "phone" anywhere, very easy. And the ability to route calls to any employee, at any location proves why Nextiva is so valuable to our company. We switched from RC years ago, and never looked back.

Pros:

Nextiva for the most part works great and it's easy to use. When there is an update pending, it can get buggy sometimes. Customer service is friendly, although not as easy to connect with as when we started in 2014. Sometimes hold times are too long, and troubleshooting isn't easy through the automated assistance (like for any company that has that).

Cons:

I have been told when people call they get a message that states the line is out of service, or cannot connect. Regardless of any tech support, the issue has not been resolved. In Nextiva's defense, it is not a repeatable problem - so fixing something that isn't easy. I kind of believe the issue started during the propagation of adding our phone lines.

Retail, 2–10 Employees

New version of application loses all contact phone numbers. No way to port contact numbers

Comments: I have been using Nextiva for about 5 years. Phone service is good. Some issues, but the were usually resolved. (getting to support can take a long time) Now they are upgrading their desktop app to a new version NextivaOne. When you upgrade they try to move your stored contacts to the new version. The problem is that they only port "Personal Phone Number" to the new app. To clarify: When you create a contact in the current app you can enter Display Name, First Name, Last Name, Work Phone, Extension, Mobile Phone, Personal Phone and more. They only port "Display Name" and "Personal Phone" (the last phone number in the form). They don't port "Work Phone" (the first phone number in the form) All my personal phone numbers are blank. This means that it ports Display Name , but no phone number. This is a phone app. They are unwilling to create a utility to export contacts. They are unwilling to add a little code to the port that would find one phone numberif "Personal Phone" is blank (this is supposed to be a business application, why would I have only personal phone numbers?) I contacted their support. They maintain that there is "NO WAY" to do this. Really? It is perhaps a dozen lines of code to copy a different phone number if "Personal Phone" is blank. If I have to re-enter all my contacts, perhaps it is time to go shopping for a better VOIP service.

Pros:

Phone quality is fine. App for PC and Mobile Phone. Works with VOIP handset.

last year

Hello, ProFixSales. Thank you so much for sharing your review with us. We appreciate your feedback as our team is actively making improvements and deploying bug fixes to our apps. If there's anything we can help you with, please feel free to send us an email at [email protected], mentioning your feedback and we'll make sure to have our support team get back to you ASAP with assistance. Thank you.

Kris
Wholesale, 2–10 Employees

Gone down hill fast

Pros:

Up to 5 months ago I would have given Nextiva 5 stars and recommended 100% to anyone. However the system has gone backwards 25 years in the systems app since its new app role outs and as a phone company they don't seem to care. It used to be if they had an issue it was fixed with in hours. An example of Nextiva's current sub par systems and customer service is the vmail part of its phone app update didn't work on non apple products. Nextiva's response after playing dumb about the issue "that will be fixed in next few months" 5 weeks later it was fixed. Now they roll out a new app that doesn't list caller ID in phone logs unless you have the caller in your contacts...What good is that? The company doesn't seem to have an urgency to any issues in its system and rolls out apps that just half work. The developers diffidently don't understand basic phone system needs and over look large issues. Mistakes happen but you can't be a company offering a mission critical product that only partly works, not thoroughly test updates for issues, and not fix issues with urgency. I truly hope someone reads this in the organization to return your company to its service levels of the past because after several issues in the core system I'm sure we are not the only customers that are starting to wonder about changing.

Cons:

Outlined above -I truly hope someone reads this in the organization to return your company to its service levels of the past because after several issues in the core system I'm sure we are not the only customers that are starting to wonder about changing.

Jean
Jean
IT Professional in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

Nextiva delivered for our business

Pros:

1. What a difference a new system can make on your business. Now, phone calls are going to the right individual in their department. Before using a VoIP service, our whole system was a mess. We had no department structure regarding calls, and they were being answered by the closest person to the main phone in their department. The quality of the service is great, too. Every call has been crystal clear, and no dropped calls. 2.) Easy to use for our company. We have several employees that range from their mid-20s to 50s. After a week of using the NextOs; they all understand how to use the phone, and the app. The app has added a new communication layer for our business. It's gave all our employees the ability to chat with each other on the app and eliminated the need to text on a personal cell phone. 3.) So far if we have any questions, we have a support representative that we can email or call with any questions. The whole concept of a VoIP phone system can be intimating, but the on-boarding process made it a lot smoother and easy for our IT department. 4.) A neat feature that we just started to use is Nextiva Analytics. It provides you with all the data that you need to analyze your calls. You can see the various data regarding your calls and do business adjustments. It’s like a top overview of your call data. 5.) From our first sale’s call to when we call now, everyone has been professional and polite at Nextiva. We are comfortable with their service, and their team. We

Cons:

What we liked least about using Nextiva is the onboarding process took a bit longer than we expected. We had a delay porting our numbers to Nextiva. Beside this small headache, we have had smooth sailing.