Kickbox Email Verification Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall

About Kickbox Email Verification

Identify deliverable, undeliverable, accept-all, disposable, and role email addresses within lists or real-time at the point of capture

Learn more about Kickbox Email Verification

James L.
James L.
Senior Email Program Manager
Information Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2021

"Highly recommended"

Comments: I began looking for a new tool after our previous tool did something I considered dishonest/underhanded. I was introduced to people who worked there and they gave me 1,000 free credits. I used those credits to test 1,000 records through Kickbox (A) vs 1,000 records through our existing vendor (B). I took the results from our existing vendor, suppressed the ones they said were bad and sent the rest. After the send, I looked at:
- records (B) had said were OK but actually did bounce
- records (B) had said were not OK but (A) said were OK
Many of the records (B) said were OK but did bounce were marked as NOT OK by (A), to a statistically significant variance.
I did not test records that (B) had said were not OK but (A) said were OK, but I felt like I had been leaving money on the table.
With any of these tools, there is always a margin of "unknown" - they can't predict if it's going to be good or not. Kickbox will do a little more with examining addresses [SENSITIVE CONTENT] to try to estimate the quality (called a SendEx Score) and will also return columns for "Free" and "Disposable" or "Role" addresses. Kickbox will not charge you for ones it can't predict. The other vendor did charge. Kickbox also charged on a sliding scale - the more credits you bought up front, the cheaper they were, compared to the other vendor always having a set amount. Kickbox's API also returns that same larger dataset, compared to the competitor's "yes/no" response.

Pros: Provides more than just a yes/no response
Is pretty quick
I prefer the credit approach vs paying individually after each batc

Cons: There is nothing fundamentally lacking in this tool. It does the job I need to do it.

Alternatives Considered: BriteVerify

Reasons for Choosing Kickbox Email Verification: Described above.

Switched From: BriteVerify

Reasons for Switching to Kickbox Email Verification: Described above.

• Reviewed on 25/06/2021
Larissa P.
Associate Director, Recruitment & Employer Relations
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2021

"Mostly good, but what about "risky" emails?"

Comments: In general, it's been good. We are using HubSpot as a CRM and trying to do more of our email marketing through there, so using Kickbox has been helpful in pre-screening emails to ensure that we have good data to upload.

Pros: It is easy to use, inexpensive, and provides quick results that are easy to understand and take action on.

Cons: The "risky" emails usually comprise about half of the lists we upload, but in our experience when actually sending to these emails, a good majority are deliverable and only a small fraction (10%) actually bounce. It's a shame there isn't more granular information on these, so that we can better determine which ones can be sent to. Otherwise we'd be excluding half our list for no reason.

Eric S.
Senior Front End Engineer

"consistant results"

Pros: Ease of use. Its extremely simple to connect to and use the API. We've always received very consistent results from the API

Cons: Can be expensive if you're using it on a large volume

Randi C.
Operations Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

"Entrenuity Kickbox Review"

Comments: We use Hubspot CRM and our email list was so outdated that it ended up "quarantined" by Hubspot due to the number of undeliverables and bounces, so we couldn't even send out emails. Hubspot actually recommended Kickbox to us to clean up our lists. It worked perfectly.

Pros: It worked! It helped us clean up our email list so that we received fewer bounces and undeliverables.

Cons: I thought the product worked well, as promised.

Julie G.
Director of Marketing
Banking, 11-50 Employees

"5-Star!"

Comments: We've experienced so many advantages by using Kickbox Email Verification. Most importantly, it has helped us be more compliant with our email addresses when sending out our e-newsletter. And it's helped draw attention to some of our bad emails so that we can fix them immediately.

Pros: I love the fact that it is SO EASY to use -- it tells me exactly where in the process it is at all times. It's FAST and convenient and I really like that A LOT! It has really helped in cleaning up our mailing list for our e-newsletter that we do each month.

Cons: Integration of this product with our current business flow was very fast and easy. I don't have anything negative to say -- it's worked GREAT for us!

Jamie H.
Marketing Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

"Long time user"

Comments: The verification works pretty well. There is a bit of a learning curve to reading and understanding the reports in order to clean them up and utilize them correctly.

Pros: I like being able to send to qualified email addresses and not risk getting dinged by MailChimp for sending out emails to address that bounce back.

Cons: The payment method is cumbersome. I would like to just pay for the emails I checked and not have to buy credit or tokens that may go unused.

Jamie N.
Operations Administrator

"Love Kickbox!"

Pros: I love how easy it was to use Kickbox for my needs. We are a small company, so I am the only person working on verifying our emails, over the years, and this helped tremendously when we switched to a new CRM.

Cons: Nothing that I can think of right now...

Courtney C.
Courtney C.
Staff Writer, TheBoot.com
Entertainment, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2021

"Email Verification"

Comments: My experience has been good! I like that the software shows easy to ready graphs as they relate to my email lists. I am a visual person and that helps me quickly see the "health" of my lists.

Pros: I like that I am able to upload email lists to be checked for accuracy. If a field is missing or an email isn't valid I can clearly and quickly see the problem.

Cons: The software does what I need it to do.

• Reviewed on 14/09/2021
Corey G.
Chief Operating Officer
Political Organization, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/07/2021

"Kickbox Review"

Pros: Kickbox was incredibly easy to use--everything from the interface, verification process, exporting files, etc. Took minimal time out of my day so that I could focus elsewhere!

Cons: Only real suggestion is to increase capacity o allow larger files to be verified. We had to break up our large file into 11 different pieces and while it was still relatively easy, certainly could have been room for improvement.

• Reviewed on 06/07/2021
Katie W.
Katie W.
Marketing Manager

"Very Satisfied"

Pros: It was very easy to use! Got the job done with little effort on my part.

Cons: No problems, I was satisfied with the software.

Software tester
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/05/2021

"Best too for email varification on real time"

Comments: I am really happy with the product perf and totally recommend this product to others.

Pros: I really like 2 of its feature which segregate this tool from similar tools available in market
1) Integration with your ESP and support to help to integrate with my company workflow with the help of large number of Api libraries support
2) Real time email verification
It really helps to understand fake emails to eliminate from the data and provide you good and verified emails..

Cons: There is no cons to this product.
It delivers whatever it's saying it will deliver.
So it's fullfilling it's purpose to provide you verified emails on the go.

• Reviewed on 06/05/2021
Mikel F.
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2021

"Essential part of the process"

Comments: It helps us cut down on the disposable emails. Also, when students leave school and move on, they usually change their email address. So it helps us identify bounces before they happen.

Pros: It's fast, easy to use. The export is straightforward and the results are easy to update and use with hubspot.

Cons: I haven't found any problems yet. We have been using the service for a few years.

• Reviewed on 09/07/2021
Business Analyst
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/05/2021

"Trusted Email Verification Platform"

Comments: I have recommended the solution to my client for using the platform. they have made the integration with mail chimp.

Pros: The platform is easy to use & user-friendly process they offer in terms of usage. Where email verification is very easy with the platform. Also, it manages the email & categorizes them as per the requirement. This eliminates the email bounce rate. The pricing is quite ok.

Cons: Uploading time for files is very High in order to other platforms. Also, the customer support is not very proactive & they do not revert while we need any help.

• Reviewed on 04/05/2021
Senior BDE
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2020

"Has made the Email address Verification process simple."

Comments: Overall experience is satisfactory.

Pros: The thing that I liked the most is that we can verify the single email address at a time as well as a list of email addresses as well. It also gives the details like if the email address is disposable or not or it is accept all.

Cons: I didn't face any difficulty. It is serving the purpose of email verification.

• Reviewed on 31/08/2020
Crystal C.
Administrator
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees

"Accurate and easy"

Comments: Very simple, accurate, and efficient software. Definitely makes my life easier.

Pros: very simple to use and get going with the site

Cons: could have used a chat feature for quick questions but honestly, the software is so easy that I was able to get my own answers with a little researching and thinking.

Natascha B.
publicist
Entertainment, Self Employed

"Not helpful"

Comments: Unfortunately it wasn't useful.

Pros: Quick and relatively easy to use. Interface was fine.

Cons: Deleted too many important, valid contacts, rendering my lists practically useless.

Steve T.
Vice President
Government Administration, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/06/2021

"Kickbox has been a fantastic tool for us"

Comments: Kickbox took me only minutes to set up and get my first list on through. Compared to other tools it was much easier to set up. Also, other tools for email verification would get me bad bounce rates of up to 10% even after verifying, kickbox is much more accurate as they've had a bad bounce rate of less than .5 percent after verifying. So it's outperformed other tools I've tried.

Pros: It was incredibly easy to use, the functions were obvious and loading my file took only a minute. The great part is how fast the tool works, even when I upload a large list it takes only minutes for the list to be verified. Also, the quality of results is better than other tools that i have used.

Cons: there were very few cons about the software, I've used 3 or 4 services prior to this and so far this has been the best performing of the tools I used.

Alternatives Considered: NeverBounce

Reasons for Choosing Kickbox Email Verification: the other tools were getting such bad bounce rates even after verifying with them

Reasons for Switching to Kickbox Email Verification: our contact at Hubspot said they were a great tool for this and that recommendation led us to try it

Eric K.
Administrator
  • Reviewed on 13/01/2021

"Excellent platform, fantastic support"

Comments: Exceptional

Pros: Using Kickbox has kept our mail delivery high and protects our sender reputation. Their API's and billing features make it very easy to implement and operate. The service is truly first class, they're always incredibly responsive and have went over an above on a number of occasions to support us. I highly recommend kickbox for any email validation needs.

Cons: Satisfied with all aspects of the platform.

• Reviewed on 13/01/2021
Amy S.
Marketing Director

"Email Verification"

Comments: Fair pricing, easy implementation, works flawlessly

Pros: Fair pricing, easy implement, works flawlessly

Cons: I don't recall anything specific that deterred the decision

Miguel H.
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2021

"Helped us lower our Bounce Rate!"

Pros: I like the verification features of this product.

Cons: We are trying to reduce our bounce rates, at the same time, as a startup, we don't want to lose potential leads. The "undeliverable" notice is helpful. The "risky" when double checked usually works. We have been deleting contacts that are "undeliverable and risky". I would prefer a more definitive answer than risky.
I wish this could be auto integrated into Hubspot so that as email leads come in, they get automatically verified. It would save us time having to do this manually every day.

Amy D.
Senior Marketing Automation Specialist
  • Reviewed on 01/07/2021

"Kickbox is a life safer"

Comments: We use Kickbox to run our Franchise Members customer lists before importing them into our Marketing Automation platform. It's done a really great job weeding out the "bad" emails and puts our mind at ease regarding any CAN-SPAM issues we would have run into by NOT using Kickbox.

Pros: Very easy to use and is a life saver to validate our customer emails!

Cons: So far, I haven't encountered anything that I don't like about this software.

Sal M.
Exec Assistant
Higher Education, 2-10 Employees

"email verification"

Comments: Kickbox is critical in keeping emails up to date.

Pros: Very easy to use and fast. I would highly recommend Kickbox.

Cons: Nothing. It's so simple, you don't have to think about anything

Heather J.
CMO
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees

"Valid results"

Pros: Ease of use and speed of set up is why we chose

Cons: Price is higher than we would like to use daily.

William P.
Digital Marketing Manager
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/06/2021

"Easy to use...inconsistent when identifying risky addresses."

Pros: Easy to import a list and have emails verified. Works nicely with Zapier.

Cons: Many times, emails we knew were valid and deliverable came up as risky. This causes internal doubts about the validity of Kickbox's classifcations.

Miguel R.
associate director, business development
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/07/2021

"Kickbox is great but needs fine-tuning to be even better."

Comments: I use kickbox every time I send a mass email marketing campaign which happens 1-2 per quarter.

Pros: Easy to use. I can put in thousands of contacts and get ratings quickly.

Cons: Ratings can be hard to understand. I use Kickbox to help keep our bounce rate down with HubSpot but sometimes it notes some contacts as risky when I know they are in fact fine to email. There were also some contacts that received the highest rating for deliverability but bounced - it's infrequent but happens more than I'd like.