• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.8 /5

About airfocus

The most powerful way to prioritize and build more effective roadmaps. Deeply integrates w/ Jira, Trello, Asana, and Azure DevOps.

Learn more about airfocus

Yoann D.
UI Designer
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/06/2020

"Such a complete product"

Pros: The design is really user-friendly. Even if there are lots of features and information, we can easily find what we're looking for. I also really appreciated the chart view (which is my preferred feature) and the priority poker.

Cons: I cannot manage to find a notification system, as we have the ability to comment and interact with people. Moreover, it would be great to have more dependencies options between tasks. Currently we just have the choice between "This item blocks..." and "This item is blocked by...". Could be cool to have dependencies like "Duplicates...", "Caused by...", "Fixes..." etc. Finally, I think that the scoring set-up is a little bit complex, because too complete. According to me, there are too many options. And the ability to set up the importance and weight of every notation would only be a powerful point if properly configured (which can be complicated at a first glance).

Hanna K.
Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2019

"Best roadmapping software"

Comments: Helps to visualize our goals

Pros: Quick roadmap creation and clear interface

Cons: Freemium unavailable. That's sad but I wouldn't switch to some other service.

• Reviewed on 22/08/2019
Eskil S.
IT Architect
Higher Education, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/07/2020

"Efficient roadmaps with powerful views"

Pros: Single input view which is easy to use, multiple views to analyze and make decisions. The easy to read views make it ready to keep stakeholders informed.

Cons: The webpages can be power consuming from time to time.

• Reviewed on 01/07/2020
CMO
Utilities, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/06/2020

"Align your teams around the roadmap"

Pros: Being able to share links with live views of the roadmap, timeline, task list is great. Being able to score features and functions on different, bespoke criteria, means that only the features that are going to move the needle make their way into development.

Cons: Being able to bulk score, i.e. these 10 features all score an 8 would be useful, currently you have to score each on individually.

Kelsey P.
Wine & Spirits, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2020

"Review of airfocus"

Comments: I use airfocus to strategize and prioritize both daily tasks and long term goals. It's a fabulous tool.

Pros: Airfocus helps me prioritize both my daily tasks and my long term projects & goals. It's easy to customize based on the impacts to my particular business and industry. Before airfocus, I did routine strategizing (especially for daily tasks) in my head...I'm shocked to the extent airfocus' algorithm actually mirrors my intuition (ie airfocus always correctly sorts) but now I don't have to think about every little detail. This saves me a ton of time and mental focus.

Cons: Too expensive and need a better iphone app

• Reviewed on 10/07/2020
Daniil K.
Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2019

"Best decision by far"

Comments: Definitely recommend especially if you in search of something, that drives you within the project goals.

Pros: We use Jira, Trello, and Zapier. It was so easy to integrate these tools and as result it took off some work and made daily stuff easier.

Cons: I really had not faced issues using the tool as well as my team members.

• Reviewed on 20/08/2019
Sarah P.
Senior Marketing Manager
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/07/2020

"Review of marketing tool"

Comments: Good but could do with tips/ explanation as above. Also waiting on being able to select an item to go in multiple groups as well as more enhanced integration with CRM software.

Pros: Easy to use when you get the hang of it
looks nice

Cons: A bid fiddly at first, could do with explanation of setting up

• Reviewed on 02/07/2020
Sachin P.
Vice President
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/11/2020

"Excellent Product roadmap and prioritization tool"

Pros: 1. So easy to use
2. Great visuals
3. Integrations with other software
4. One can get started in just minutes.

Cons: 1. Creating groups and items could be made a tad more easier.
2. There should be many levels of nesting in workplaces.

• Reviewed on 03/11/2020
Digital Marketing Team Lead
Consumer Goods, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2019

"Simple and easy-to-use interface"

Pros: It’s easy to use and it provides enough flexibility in a visual and intuitive way.

Cons: The quadrant matrix visualization could be further improved with better functionality, especially when it comes to displaying labels of each project/data point

• Reviewed on 13/09/2019
Bertrand M.
Software Development Manager
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2018

"Great tool! The configuration is not overwhelming."

Pros: A very intuitive user interface. Access to key functionality is easy, the user does not have to dig for it.

Cons: As a new tool, it is lacking certain features and I know the team is working hard getting those in.

• Reviewed on 09/07/2018
Anne K.
VP Product Mgmt
  • Reviewed on 06/09/2019

"Great tool for scoring, quick and easy"

Pros: It ties into Trello and that is where we have all our enhancement requests. To get Trello data into Airfocus was very easy. Took 5-10 minutes. The scoring calculation was easy too. Overall we like the tool.

Cons: Manual scoring - although easy still time consuming. I wish our attributes in Trello would feed the scoring. In Trello we have already noted Development effort and other items. It would be nice if that tied and fed the scoring automagically.

Gabe D.
Internet, 2-10 Employees

"Priority management"

Pros: I like how easy it is to use. I was able to quickly rank all of our tasks and prioritize using the the ranking algorithms

Cons: THere is no easy way to upload existing docs

Tatyana T.
Business Analyst
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2019

"Airfocus makes difficult cases easier"

Pros: The simple use. I created new project and launched it just in 1 hour

Cons: I can not Filter by Tasks for integration

Kurt W.
Product Owner

"Early Impressions"

Comments: It's been helpful to show roadmaps to management and ownership. It helps me to prioritize what big picture projects we are working on.

Pros: Integration with Jira and it's clean UI.

Cons: I have to log in every time I return to the website. The mobile app is very basic, and not very useful yet.

Joseph C.
Customer Success Manager
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"Absolutely brilliant"

Comments: We use this software to present roadmaps to clients. The response from internal and external stakeholders has been extremely positive.

Pros: Easy to use, clean looking, extremely functional as a road mapping tool

Cons: I found some issues when scrolling in Firefox where the scroll wheel would not scroll. I had to use the drag bar.

Johanna K.
Product Manager
  • Reviewed on 01/05/2018

"Makes your life easier"

Pros: We use airfocus in our roadmap meetings. Over and over again, it has made us rethink our priorities.

Cons: Airfocus runs really smoothly, however, I wish there were some more import options. Other than that I have no issues.

• Reviewed on 01/05/2018
Frances M.
Sales Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 06/09/2019

"Good tool though more could be better for project management"

Pros: Great for deciding on project priorities

Cons: Would be helpful if the planning chart automatically adjusted itself according to timing.

Daniel M.
Head of Engineering
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/06/2020

"Nice integrations, timeline and estimations for improvement"

Pros: Integrations with Jira and Asana that allows to collect tasks from multiple places and plan them in one place

Cons: Timeline drag&drop is sometimes difficult to use, bars are automatically moving to not desired places when you.
Value / Effort estimations was a bit weird, scale is difficult to operate, would be nice to have similar values to Poker Planning.

Cameron C.
Project Coordinator
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

"Airfocus Review"

Comments: Airfocus is helping our team organize our project activities into Sprints in the Kanban board as well as giving us a high-level overview in the Gantt Roadmap. The Priority Chart is a cool feature which is allowing us to evaluate projects based on voting/ranking. Overall our experience with Airfocus was been very positive.

Pros: The first thing my team and I liked most about this software is that it covers all the bases for project management: Gantt roadmap, Kanban board and the Priority Chart. The second thing we liked most was how easy it was to use and how it effortlessly integrated into Trello. The customization was the icing on the cake; it allows you to create custom weights for your items and then graphs those items in the Priority Chart which gives a nice high-level overview of your activities in terms of priority. My team was very impressed with this functionality. Finally, the customer service has been outstanding. Representative, their head of marketing & sales has promptly responded to every question and even took a call on short notice to help us address a couple of hiccups which their dev team quickly resolved.

Cons: At the moment Airfocus does not have a dependency feature, which would be great for the Gantt roadmap. Having a visual dependency link between items would make Airfocus and one-stop-shop for all things project management. However, representative has told me that this functionality should be available very soon. One other potential con is, depending on the size of your business, the cost of the editor license. It´s not cheap but for the scale and duration of my team´s projects, it certainly has been worth it so far.

Rob H.
Sr. Director, Product Management
Internet, 201-500 Employees

"Roadmaps Reimagined"

Comments: I loved how quickly they responded to my set-up (team-related questions) issues. They have well-deserved confidence in their product and they were happy to let me share the product (for a limited amount of time) with other co-workers to get company buy-in for the purchase.

Pros: A the kids say, It is intuitive asf. It required almost little to no time to familiarize myself with the feature set and how to make use of them which is rare in a new piece of software.

Cons: Well I understand the reasons why, it is not all that easy to share/collaborate with teams outside of your product group.

Mike K.
Co-Founder & Creative Director
  • Reviewed on 23/06/2020

"A great help for prioritizing your development roadmap"

Comments: Our overall experience has been a fairly good one. Our team was pretty excited to see the voting feature and the chart view. We thought it was helpful. Like I mentioned above, I believe it took me a little too much digging to figure out what to do after signing up.

Pros: The items and chart sections are my most frequently visited sections. I use the items view to see the prioritized list of projects and their scores and the chart view has been helpful to visualize and highlight the quick win projects. Your integration with Asana (and other project management platforms) is brilliant. It helped us get our data in quickly which helps our adoption rate of your product, and it helps us be efficient because we don't have to update information in multiple spots

Cons: I think educating your customers could be improved. You may have a lot of helpful content, but it wasn't at the forefront of my onboarding experience. For our business we use ActiveCampaign for our email automations and we setup an "onboarding sequence" that gives our users a nugget of help each day for the first 7 days (during their trial) to educate them on how to setup their websites with us. Those emails have a video tutorial for each feature which seems to really help. We've learned that the more information the user inputs into our system, the more likely they are to continue using it, which reduces our churn greatly. It seems you have a great product but I would really like to understand it more so I get the value out of it.

Jennifer W.
Product Manager
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2019

"airfocus review"

Comments: I think rep was very helpful, which made the whole trial experience much nicer for us.

Pros: It's easy to use, which makes it great for when you need to onboard new team members - the other tools were too complicated to use for what we needed at the moment
The Board view is exactly what we needed for our roadmap
The timeline feature is also very useful for our Hardware teams
Aesthetics was also a very big reason why we decided to use this tool
I also like that we can customize the value indicators

Cons: The one major thing I noticed, is that it's hard to close / archive a full month (column) in the Board view. You are only allowed to delete it, and then you have to archive all the cards. I think there are some key features missing:
* I wish we could see links for all the previous share views set up, not just the API key, this doesn't help
* I wish we could edit the settings we had for all previous share views
* I wish we could link workspaces so that I could make smaller workspaces but still see an overview of all workspaces
* I wish there was a way to save the custom colors and assign color to JIRA integrations so that I don't have to re-color everything everytime I have new items coming in

by airfocus on 09/10/2019

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks so much for your helpful feedback. I created feature requests from your feedback and hope to get most of it done soonish. All points make complete sense. Please find them on our public roadmap: http://bit.ly/airfocus-roadmap.

Please also get in touch via chat, whenever you have questions or feedback.

• Reviewed on 07/10/2019
Irma H.
IT Project Manager and Product Manger
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/09/2019

"Great tool for product managers"

Comments: In general I am satisfied with it. Looking forward to seeing more improvements from the team.

Pros: I like that it gives option to create customized boards, ability to create customized tags for each board and also to create different ratings on each card per user value, financial benefit and also time for delivery. This helps me a lot when it comes to creating a priorities for next features to be delivered. I very much so like and use the preview of items that represent small wins and those that are to be dropped for now.

Cons: I did not like that I experienced kind of distability. Occasionally it is not working or it stops work and I am changing browsers to make it work.

• Reviewed on 08/09/2019
Joel T.
Business Analyst
  • Reviewed on 06/10/2019

"Not expensive and sleek"

Pros: - Has jira integration!
- Has the bubble charts for drivers (rating system)
- not expensive

Cons: - doesn't have open voting for team/customers.

• Reviewed on 06/10/2019
Sigrid B.
Product Owner
Pharmaceuticals, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/05/2020

"Ready-set-go!"

Comments: it's really "ready-set-go" and with learning the possibilities you can give more input and receive more output
you can start small and build it up
very intuitive

Pros: Easy to define features and link them to teams and epics
Able to define the values and put a score on it. Even able to change them later on without much effort.
Visualisation of the features on the chart gives you a great overview and information
Timeline is easy to manage without to much needed information

Cons: still need to find cons.
Sometimes you have to finetune or rethink some things, but it's not that you have to start from scratch.

• Reviewed on 19/05/2020