• Overall
    4.9 /5
    4.9 /5
    4.8 /5

About Rippling

Rippling makes it easy to manage your Payroll, Benefits, HR, and IT -- all in one, modern platform.

Learn more about Rippling

Brock M.
HR Manager
Animation, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2021

"Brock McKinley's Review for Epipheo"

Comments: Now we are connecting up a bunch of programs together to make my workflow easier. Ripping is putting my HR, payroll, benefits and onboarding all into one place and makes my job that much better. I don't have to go to one program to send docs to an employee and then another to set up an email for a new employee and then to another to check an employee's benefit elections. Putting together all these things in one easy to navigate and understand platform is going to blow the competition away.

Pros: The easy of use! It just makes sense! Coming from Paycor, which is a convoluted mess, Rippling is a breath of fresh air. Easy to find what you are looking for and get things done. I'm no longer wasting time trying to figure out how to do something.

Cons: Only little things that could be improved. For the most part this in in regard to organizing things. Would be great to be able to change the order of apps in the side panels. Also would like to be able to duplicate templates in order to make slight changes. Also sometimes navigating the Custom Fields grid for employees can be hard to see what you are doing because it only shows the field title and not the section you are in. So maybe lines dividing sections or at least the section titles at the top could help with viewing and navigating.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2021
Chelsea C.
Senior Accounting Manager
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/01/2021

"Huge Positive Change moving to Rippling"

Comments: We were able to replace several different software solutions with Rippling and drop our costs dramatically by combining payroll, IT, HR and single sign on all in one platform has been a game changer.

Pros: I have tried 4 different payroll systems and Rippling has been BY FAR my favorite. It is very user friendly on both the user side and the administrative side. The team loved it right away and it makes onboarding, offboarding, payroll, hardware tracking and adding new software platforms seamless.

Cons: We had a little trouble when we first onboarded and set up our benefits in Rippling, but we were able to work with the Rippling support team and get everything straightened out and since then, things have been very simple.

• Reviewed on 05/01/2021
Nicholas N.
Business Developer
Translation & Localization, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/09/2019

"Rippling for Small Business"

Comments: I highly recommend Rippling to any business, especially small businesses. They have the capacity to scale any company's needs. Regarding my small business, it changed my whole HR game. Before it would take me or an employee almost two hours a week to run payroll and administer benefits. Now I do the whole process myself in less than 10 minutes. The new system did take some getting used to, but now I am familiar with process and the value Rippling provides me is incredible.

Pros: The price that Rippling offers is hard to beat, especially considering all the value it offers. I now have direct control over my company's payroll and benefits. Any time I need to change something in this area or run payroll, it only takes me a few minutes. Also Rippling offers me a plethora of tools without shoving them on to me. I can implement it to the degree I need, and if I need more, Rippling has it for me.

Cons: The price of having such direct control over payroll is that any mistakes I make are on me. It took me a bit to learn how to run payroll and administer benefits myself, but once I got it straight, the process has become a breeze. Also, it took me a little while to get used to customer service via email. At first it worried me, but after they dealt with many of my needs in a very timely fashion, I now feel comfortable with the system.

• Reviewed on 04/09/2019
Nathan N.
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2020

"Best Payroll Service"

Pros: Integrations. Rippling will integrated with the most important 3rd parties to make the HR of your company simple. The integration with benefit providers make this worth every penny. The set up and implementation of the benefits is too easy. I recently set up medical insurance and it was too easy.

Cons: If you want customer support you have to look at a help center/ forum instead of calling a live person. I haven't really needed to use it, but normally it is frustrating when I want to get something resolved quickly and I can't talk to anyone. With that being said, anytime I haven't been able to figure something out or needed support, I have emailed my rep that helped me set up my system and he was quick to respond and help me get what I needed.

• Reviewed on 19/06/2020
Rudy D.
Software Engineer
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2020

"Simple easy to use site with great features for employees"

Comments: We were using gusto before and it just didn't have what we were looking for so we switched over and all the employees have been happy with it since the switch.

Pros: I enjoyed how minimalistic it was but also the amount of features it had. I was able to easily print out my pay stubs and look up any tax information I needed come tax season. When you get paid they send you a nice breakdown of your hours with a cool picture which is different everytime. Small stuff but It makes a difference.

Cons: No real cons for me. Everything is easy to find and use.

• Reviewed on 25/04/2020
Nicholas P.
Controller
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/04/2020

"Amazing all around Payroll and HR Software"

Comments: Rippling has been a great product. All of my employees have made comments about how much more they like this program versus the old one we used. Very user friendly and helps us pull a lot of HR processes into one place. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking at payroll/HR softwares.

Pros: Integration of health insurance benefits administration into the program has been a huge help. As a smaller company, we were doing all of that manually. This streamlines it not only on the administrative side, but on the user side as well. User interface is super friendly and easy to use as well.

Cons: More 401(k) direct integration options. It has a couple of prepackaged partners, it would be nice to integrate in a 401(k) administration the same as insurance.

• Reviewed on 15/04/2020
Sophia S.
Quality Assurance Lead
Logistics & Supply Chain, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2020

"Easy and organized way to keep track of your HR needs!"

Comments: It has been a great experience. At first, I was hesitant to move over to a different HR site, but now after over a year of using this, it is one of my favorite sites to use.

Pros: The time off request is my favorite part; it is clear how much PTO, Paid Sick Time, Unpaid time, etc that you have. Once you submit a request, you can see if it was approved. Even if it was approved, you can cancel your request if something changes. You can also see where you are in your organization with the org chart. It is exciting to see all the team members! It is also very easy to manage your benefits in here as well. Lastly, I adore the emails that come through each week with what we got paid and a breakdown of how much.

Cons: I wish we could use Rippling for more aspects of our company! Such as scheduling or reviewing applications. It is such an easy software to use, I would love to use it for more.

• Reviewed on 10/10/2020
Damon M.
Dir of People Operations
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2020

"Fit our needs perfectly and is scalable"

Pros: As a growing company, we needed to improve our overall HR practices and wanted a system that could handle as many things as possible in one package. Rippling ticked more boxes than any other product we considered. It has allowed us to keep everything in one place for tracking employee HR info. We use Rippling from the moment of offer, onboarding, payroll and storage of critical personnel info. The Custom Fields allow us to create bespoke fields for info that is unique to us. We've more than doubled in size in 2020 and Rippling has easily scaled with us.

Cons: Hard to say it's something we like least as most of the time it's simply a matter of time before a feature or capability is added. If I had to pick one thing, it would be access to customer support. However, they're beta testing a chat help desk feature that they've given us access to as a test user. It's been a great feature and I'm confident it'll be a welcome addition.

Dallen A.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2020

"Rippling is a must-have"

Pros: Rippling makes the minutiae of hiring and onboarding employees so easy. I don't know how old payroll systems are ever going to catch up.

Cons: It's a bit more expensive than other options

• Reviewed on 26/06/2020
Dayton M.
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2020

"A breath of fresh air"

Pros: This makes administrative work so much easier for my startup. It's very easy to get going and gives you peace of mind knowing you have all the right paperwork in order. The biggest pro is that it works for all of my remote employees both inside and outside of the US. This sealed the deal.

Cons: I really don't have many bad things to say. Most of my complaints lie in the bureaucracy of having to register employer information in the states we have employees. But that's not Rippling's doing, and they thankfully make it very easy to navigate.

• Reviewed on 19/10/2020
Ashley K.
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/09/2020

"Rippling makes me a better business owner"

Comments: Rippling was the first IT system I purchased as part of starting my small business during the pandemic. I am thrilled, from the demos to onboarding to use every piece has been seamless, helpful and simple. So thankful!

Pros: Easy to use - Rippling guided me through critical HR and payroll decisions as I set up my company. My employees talk about how much better it is than prior systems they've used, it has been a differentiator for their experience onboarding to our company.

Cons: Nothing missing from my perspective, just ideas for future offerings. For example, they could create template HR policies / language based upon settings you select in the system for time off, payroll, etc.

• Reviewed on 15/09/2020
Kelly Z.
Owner, Veterinarian
Veterinary, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2020

"Why did I wait so long to make the switch!?"

Pros: The implementation team was super helpful and gave step by step tasks to complete while providing assistance as needed.
The streamlined HR, Payroll, Security features were a huge benefit to my small business.

Cons: I am hopeful that additional features will present themselves so that we can further integrate employee communication, reviews, etc.

• Reviewed on 22/02/2020
Michael W.
Communications Director
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2020

"Revolutionary for Our Organization"

Comments: Our organization was operating out of GSuite Applications only before the integration of Rippling...and after implementing Rippling's software, our HR & Onboarding process was revolutionized. It took our small organization and allowed us to have an extremely professional, inward/outward facing software that fulfilled all of our HR/Employee Database/Onboarding needs.

Pros: - Intuitive Design: easy to navigate, clear menus, simple click-throughs.
- Comprehensive Features: from onboarding to benefit management, have yet to find a limit to what this software can do.
- Scalable for various organization sizes: our organization size is relatively small, but it revolutionized & streamlined our HR/Onboarding approach.
- Mobile App: Glitch-free, useful, great to access benefit information on-the-go
- Task Features: This tool can be leveraged however would best fit your organization. From HR tasks to job role responsibilities, this functional tool is incredibly helpful for employers & employees.
- Software integrations: Great functionality with other software, like GSuite.

Cons: Honestly haven't encountered an aspect of the software that has been frustrating. It may be difficult for some to find/access benefit information, but that wasn't my experience.

• Reviewed on 22/10/2020
Rusty P.
CPDO
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2020

"Excellent Investment to Agument HR (Onboarding, Offboarding, Payroll)"

Comments: Very, Very, Good Overall

Pros: Extremely easy to set up. A little knowledge needed to get set up but nothing major. User self service feature is key in reducing HR work. I use this for my section as I am in charge of the P/L for my division. Reduces my level of effort with respect to HR tasks and because we operate as a separate operating organization and report up to corporate - this makes my job easier and allows me to concentrate on my area of focus...technology.

Cons: Nothing major. Easy to figure out. Benefits far outweigh any cons....but I have not run into any. System is extremely flexible and extensible.

• Reviewed on 18/05/2020
Marco B.
COO
  • Reviewed on 21/12/2020

"Comprehensive and cost effective HR and IT management platform"

Pros: Comprehensive and easy to use software which makes on and off boarding new team members effortless and fast. Solid reporting capabilities with relevant special reports e.g. supporting documents for PPP loan application.

Cons: Customer support can be a bit slow sometimes, though I have been told that this is being worked on and significant improvements are being made.

• Reviewed on 21/12/2020
Molly M.
Human Resource Administrator
Civil Engineering, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/01/2020

"HR that is simple, informative and user friendly"

Comments: Rippling has been a great tool and very useful for our entire company.

Pros: Rippling has made my job significantly easier and less stressful. From customized reports (employee birthdays, t-shirt sizes, PTO reports) to easy hiring that takes less than 5 minutes, Rippling has been a life saver to make sure no HR step is missed. I am new in HR so having a platform that I can use easily and confidently was a game changer.

Cons: We have had some trouble with PTO integration.
Transferring medical information from hard copies to Rippling (especially during the renewal period) was a little difficult and made it hard to identify who had a change in their plans. although this will not be a problem in the future now that we have fully transitioned our health insurance tracking through Rippling.

• Reviewed on 17/01/2020
Katie L.
VP of Talent
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2020

"Best HRIS I have ever used"

Pros: Rippling is set up with user in mind. It is easy to learn and intuitive.
It has made open enrollment as easy as it can possibly be and our onboarding time has been cut in half (or more).
It is an effective system for managing HR info, payroll, benefits, PTO and more. It also has many integrations with other software we already use.

Cons: There have been a few challenges with reporting and EDI feeds, but the customer support is incredibly responsive and problems are quickly solved.

Reza B.
Accounting Manager
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/01/2020

"Amazing"

Comments: The employees benefit plans were all manually set up and entered not automatically as advertised / promised

Pros: Ease of use, User friendly , Great tax engine ,

Cons: Implementation process can be improved,

• Reviewed on 13/01/2020
Clarence J.
Director Of Operations
Facilities Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/01/2020

"A Must Have"

Comments: Overall this has been a great program we have yet to start using the payroll yet which we roll out our next payday but everyone was quick in getting us set up friendly and quick to respond.

Pros: So in my office, we use a lot of different programs the best thing about this program is I can now access most of them through this app without having to sign in that's huge for us

Cons: I love everything about it. I would love to see more functionality. Like a communication board for employees, training inside the app etc

• Reviewed on 07/01/2020
Jane-ellis G.
Director of Finance
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/04/2020

"The right fit"

Comments: I am really pleased with Rippling and I would recommend it - especially for a small company like ours

Pros: The thing I like most about Rippling is its simplicity. I really appreciate that the screens are simple, and not cluttered, and that the "wizards" set up for various workflows are instructive and helpful. Rippling helps us to manage our HR and Payroll documentation very efficiently.

Cons: On occasion, I would have liked a number to call so that I could speak to a person, because I find that can be more efficient than emailing when a question is more complicated in nature. I have found the email support team to be responsive.

• Reviewed on 07/04/2020
Bryan L.
VP Marketing
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/02/2020

"Enterprise grade benefits management, accessible to startups."

Comments: I was first introduced to Rippling as part of my offer and acceptance to join PeopleGrove. I found the process quite simple. As I went through onboarding, each task was laid out in front of me, making it simple to follow and check off as tasks. Now I am an active user. Rippling gives me access to our org chart, showing reporting structure and contact info for the team. We can use Rippling SSO to access any portal we need access to, easily and securely. I can schedule and manage PTO for me and my team. Payroll, forms, documents, etc. are all at my fingertips. I have worked at bigger companies in the past. Their HR packages were robust but cumbersome and visually meh. Rippling even helps us with device provisioning and decommission, software updates, etc. Rippling has been one of the easiest products to learn how to use and see value in. I have no complaints whatsoever.

Pros: Simple, easy to understand from offer, to onboarding, to managing a team. I have secure access to all of my HR, IT, payroll, and documents and single sign-on to every portal we need to access.

Cons: It is very difficult to find a constructive complaint about Rippling. So far, I have not encountered anything that I expect to be in the product that isn't. They recently rebranded the identity and colors of the company but it has been slow to show up in the app. Perhaps the frequent need to re-login for rPass access could be improved with different session management, but overall, I don't have any complaints.

• Reviewed on 04/02/2020
Vincent J.
CFO/CFO
Business Supplies & Equipment, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/08/2019

"Rippling is a game changer"

Pros: Rippling was obviously designed to solve issues faced by HR / Payroll departments. Everything is integrated and easy to set up. We had no real HR system and were using ADP for payroll. We implemented Rippling and switched over in a few weeks and had no issues at all. We implemented the PTO feature since we were tracking it manually and now have an easy way to approve and track time off. We also ran our open enrollment through the platform and employees found it really easy to use compared to other tools we used in the past.
the team at Rippling has been really cooperative and responsive and now we are looking at all the ways to expand the tool internally to track compliance, improve time tracking and hook up other apps.

Cons: No real issues so far! It has truly been a good experience so far.

• Reviewed on 23/08/2019
Cody B.
Experience Manager
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2020

"Why am I so excited about something so traditionally boring?"

Comments: Everything is great. I hope we don't move away from Rippling any time soon.

Pros: It's a clean and intuitive platform living in a world of where everything is on fire. Most platforms I've used have taken me weeks or months to finally figure out something as simple as requesting time off. I was annoyed and upset when I found out we would have a new payroll, time off, and hr platform because I knew that it was going to be just another awful task to complete just so I can get paid again. Boy was I wrong. I blocked and hour off on my calendar but it took me all of five minutes to get everything set up. It's set up in a way that the rest of your devices are and is easy to navigate.

Cons: Somehow there is nothing that I've found to bother me or to improve.

• Reviewed on 21/02/2020
Marco C.
Student Success Associate
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/12/2019

"Best onboarding experience so far"

Comments: It's only been a month since I started using it, but I don't really want to go back to the old way of doing things. The fact that I can easily access TAX related forms and be pointed to directions on how to fill them out without having to google it is a really nice time saver.

Pros: The onboarding at other companies I've joined in the past typically requires the creation of multiple accounts across multiple websites and services. Rippling streamlines most of that by integrating really nicely with Google Suite and other third party apps which we already use.
Rippling also makes it super easy and intuitive to fill out forms and submit digital signatures all without leaving the site.
It was great receiving an email notification of my first paycheck and then being able to follow the link for a detailed breakdown. There are so many other features that I haven't even gotten around to using, but I'm really enjoying the user experience overall.

Cons: I feel that the android app (haven't tried the iOS version) could get a little bit more love. Not all the functionality from the website can be accessed through the mobile app which is a shame since there's times when I'd like to have access to some quick info without having to open up my laptop.

• Reviewed on 09/12/2019
Christopher D.
SVP of Engineering
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/08/2019

"Rippling has simplified and streamlined our operations and saved us an FTE"

Comments: We were trying to solve the issues of onboarding people, managing hardware and ensuring compliance. We had decided to hire someone to do this, until at the last moment, someone told us about Rippling. This software has automated the employee onboarding process, it manages hardware and installs the security software on it, and it helps us with our audit reporting. We are huge fans!

Pros: Software is very comprehensive and very flexible. If you want to use a module, you can use it, if you do not want to use it, you do not have to. I oversee the engineering team and compliance, and this helps simplify both. We were about to hire a person, whose full-time jobs was going to be onboarding and compliance, but now we just have Rippling do it.

Cons: We have not found any cons yet. This product has solved all our needs.

• Reviewed on 21/08/2019