Wheelhouse Pricing Reviews

• Overall
    4.8/5
    4.8/5
    4.9/5

About Wheelhouse Pricing

The most complete dynamic pricing software in the short-term rental industry designed to help you earn more revenue and save time.

Learn more about Wheelhouse Pricing

Matthew J.
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2018

"Does exactly what it promises to do: sets your pricing on profitable auto-pilot"

Comments: Wheelhouse helps us make more money by adjusting our AirBnB price dynamically.
It is very good.

Pros: I like that Wheelhouse is, day by day, learning what my pricing should be and is continually adjusting the pricing to meet my goals. Before I used Wheelhouse, I would occasionally adjust my pricing based on seasonality and vacancy. But I would not set prices for my entire calendar (that would take too long), and I did not do it very often (since even small changes took a lot of time.)
Plus, I had no clue about special events, or any information about the wider market.
With Wheelhouse, it sets all my pricing for my entire calendar, including adjustments I never had time to make (Weekends, special events, market conditions). And it does this every single day. Because I prioritize occupancy, Wheelhouse (at my instruction) aggressively adjusts rates to fill holes in my schedule as needed. At the same time, it keeps my rates high for the days when it should be high. I would not have the time to do this myself, and I would not know what values to set. Possibly the most valuable thing Wheelhouse does for me is this: it is figuring out what my basic price should be. When we started out, we just had to guess what our price should be, based on pure speculation. But Wheelhouse is making fine adjustments as it goes, and is figuring out our basic rates using the most important information of all: what the guests are willing to pay. I am confident our pricing is far better with Wheelhouse, and that we are making more money.
Well worth the tiny price they charge.

Cons: I wish the system somehow magically knew when a booking was made and used the new information to adjust the pricing right at that moment. As it is, Wheelhouse checks every 24 hours (I think). Plus you can ask Wheelhouse to refresh manually.
But that involves going to the web site and pushing a button, which is more work that I am now used to doing since Wheelhouse took over.
I also wish Wheelhouse could magically make people want to book my listing before all other listings. I guess that is a future feature request.

• Reviewed on 11/01/2018
Michelle N.
Property owner
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2019

"Put more money in your pocket!"

Comments: If you aren't using this, then you are leaving thousands of dollars on the table.

Pros: Super easy to use and leaves me with more time to do other things.
Also give a boost in AirBnB listings search because it goes in and adjusts my calendar daily.
The price is EXCELLENT!

Cons: Nothing, really. It works really well and lets me go about my daily business without having to worry and changing my rates all the time.

• Reviewed on 10/06/2019
Ryan G.
  • Reviewed on 08/08/2020

"Price management"

Comments: Hassle free pricing is the way to go.

Pros: This was great software to manage my listing for many days with various prices.

Cons: Hard to figure out how to set it up for individual rooms verses a whole apartment.

• Reviewed on 08/08/2020
Darren M.
  • Reviewed on 31/05/2018

"Inaccurate Pricing cost me Thousands"

Pros: - Easy to use
- Update prices in a click
- Sync with Airbnb
- web based
- Friendly staff
- Global company

Cons: - Incorrect pricing on multiple dates e.g. christmas, easter etc
- Customer support friendly, but completely unhelpful. Comparable to the friendly face at the coffee shop, nice but usually gets your order wrong.
I have multiple properties for different clients in which I manage. I started on wheelhouse with 8 properties, to put my 'toe in the water'. I attempted to sync my account with wheelhouse. They had technical errors on their side. It was suggested to me in their words "just keep clicking sync until it works". This took around 5-6 hours of checking in and doing this over 2 days. So now I'm connected, I believe things were going quite well, pricing was updating etc. Fast forward 2 months later, I was getting a large number of bookings over christmas period and new year which seemed out of the ordinary. After researching other properties in the area and comparing to my own portfolio, I came to realise in some cases we were priced at 1/3 of the price of properties in the area which were of an inferior quality. I approached wheelhouse about this issue in which they were friendly but unhelpful. Politely informing me that it is a known issue and that if i would like to lodge a request for a feature to be added I'm welcome to follow the link. I was gobsmacked. Immediately I queried how to de-link my listings, I was provided a link on instructions to do so. I was not made aware that all the pricing would revert. I spent the next 2 hours repricing.

by Wheelhouse on 04/06/2018

Hey Darren! Our sincerest apologies for the difficult experience you had with Wheelhouse. We take these issues very seriously, and we've already reviewed your feedback with our team. We are obsessed with ensuring that all of our customers have an amazing experience with Wheelhouse, and we didn't live up to our own high standards here.

We take a lot of pride in building the world's best pricing algorithm for vacation rental professionals, but also understand that we can always do better. In this case, we are internally reviewing our Christmas 2018 pricing recommendations in Adelaide, and will be pushing some updates to the algorithm as needed over the coming weeks.

If you'd like, we can set aside some time to chat on the phone, and address what else you'd like to see improved with the product. You can also email us directly at [email protected] to arrange a time to chat.

• Reviewed on 31/05/2018
Property Owner
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/06/2020

"Automate pricing & increase your property rentals revenues by at least 20%"

Comments: All in, it's a very good piece of big data software which will immediately translate into increased revenues & less hassle.
To me it's a must : when in the market for property management platforms, i would only look at those that would enable a connection with Wheelhouse

Pros: The pricing algorithm does a great job and is very accurate: as an example, not only was it able to precisely forecast the peak in demand generated by Fashion Week in this particular street in Paris where my property is located, but also to calculate by how much i should increase nightly prices to make the most of it. I was really amazed... since that i have 100% trust in the pricing algorithm.
It's also very good at getting a majority of bookings in advance at relatively high prices, but flexible enough to adjust for last minute single nights availability (unique feature vs. competition i believe).

Cons: Recent improvements in the UI were welcome.
Integrations with other platforms are growing.
Next item to improve is to be more mobile-friendly (either thru a dedicated app, or an adaptative html design of the existing website)

• Reviewed on 29/06/2020
Vincenzo G.
Owner & Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 16/07/2019

"Wheelhouse a turning point in pricing properties"

Pros: The evaluation of the offer and demand in the local market

Cons: There is not enough statistics on performances

• Reviewed on 16/07/2019
Darleny L.
  • Reviewed on 08/07/2020

"Love this!!"

Comments: It's been amazing, thanks to it I can put a minimum and max price and they work with that according to how the market it's behaving. I know that I'll get a fair and great price for my property and that it's constantly being updated with the best price of the market, making my listings competitive and attractive.

Pros: This software will make your life easier, updating the price of your properties every few hours a day and also the best part it's that the data it's amazing, you'll know how the market is working according to the price they recommend.

Cons: It would be a great option for the future to have a flat rate instead of the % of the reservation, and would love to have more features and new improvements.

• Reviewed on 08/07/2020
Danielle H.
CPM
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/07/2020

"Easy software for congestion pricing"

Comments: Customer service is always available and willing to adapt the algorithm based on the unique characteristics of a region

Pros: The system is easy to deploy and manage allows to price properties appropriate to demand and need. . The cost of the system is worth the benefit.

Cons: there is an occasional lag in automated updating pricing in user platform (Airbnb) when blocked dates that have been opened. You can do it with a manual refresh if you remember to do so. Would be good if the refresh would work instantly all the time, however, its a relatively minor inconvenience to check.

• Reviewed on 22/07/2020
Kristin Z.
Real Estate Investor
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2020

"With Wheelhouse, I don't have to worry about my vacation rental pricing!"

Pros: It automates the complex process of pricing my vacation rental and keeps prices up-to-date on my Airbnb listings in the background without me having to update anything. It has a great array of tweaks that can be made to various aspects of pricing, for example last minute discounts, etc., that give control where you want it. These levers are much better than those offered by a competitor that I've tried!

Cons: Navigation from dashboard to listings and between listings is a little unintuitive, and recent UI changes don't seem to have helped that. A direct integration with VRBO would be a huge asset.

• Reviewed on 17/07/2020
Kate M.
  • Reviewed on 07/07/2020

"Effective!"

Pros: This software enables me to compete in my market by getting the price for my accommodation right.

Cons: Can initially be difficult to access all the features; just requires some practise. Accounting process can be confusing but has improved a lot in the time I've used it

• Reviewed on 07/07/2020
Amir S.
Computer Scientist
  • Reviewed on 09/03/2019

"A solid pricing engine, does a great job if you want to customize."

Comments: As an Airbnb owner, you don't want to automate your pricing. Wheelhouse adjusts it based on seasonality, day of the week, special events, your preferences, how many days away it is, etc. It can adjust minimum stays as well, and is fully customizable to automate your listing so you don't have to mess with it, just set your preferences and don't think about it.

Pros: You can customize everything. Want to disable single night stays except to fill a gap between two reservations, no problem. You want to price Christmas time a little bit higher than normal, but still have it auto adjust as the date gets closer, you can do that. It is pretty cheap, only 1% of booking cost. And the support is amazing, they take care of you. The ability to fill single night gaps was a request I had asked for, and they implemented it.

Cons: Sometimes there can be bugs, it's a developing product, but they are constantly adding things over time, it has grown massively as a product over the past year. Sometimes if you're not careful bugs can cause you to loose revenue because it will adjust the price incorrectly and you don't notice.

• Reviewed on 09/03/2019
Chris L.
  • Reviewed on 01/03/2019

"Set it and (mostly) forget it...and make more money than you would on your own!"

Comments: Extremely satisfied! I'll be glad to keep using them and look forward to continual refinements and improvements.

Pros: Ease of use: I just link my Airbnb and TripAdvisor accounts and it does the rest (with minor set-up--it's mostly OK to use the defaults).
Price: their pricing is extremely reasonable--perhaps too much so! The fact they base it on a percentage of your actual, booked revenue incentivizes them to help you make the most money possible.
Accuracy: they keep an eye on events and actual supply and demand and help you price appropriately. I often find they price far higher than I normally would, but I usually find I still get booked.
Coverage: They cover my market (Branson, MO) where other pricing providers don't.

Cons: Accuracy: while I'm in general satisfied with their pricing accuracy, lately I've found they seem to be over-pricing things, especially in shoulder season and off-peak, resulting in me losing out on bookings and having the property sit empty.
Flexibility: I wish the system were smarter with offering last-minute discounts. The default option is not nearly aggressive enough, and it can only be customized minimally. I wish they could improve the last-minute discount system to more automatically monitor supply and demand and very aggressively discount rates if the property doesn't book up.

Johanne G.
  • Reviewed on 08/03/2019

"Really worth the price!"

Comments: I’m happy with the improvements they make on a regular basis and I’ve alway been satisfied with their client services people who are quite helpful.

Pros: Using Wheelhouse for my airbnb pricing has helped me increase my revenue to an extent that makes it worthwhile to pay the 1% fee on bookings.

Cons: Sometimes their prices on certain days are completely out of whack, wihtout any obvious reason: like having a price in the middle of the winter (super low season) that is higher than prices in the middle of the highest season, and not because there is a major event. After a few days, these tend to adjust themselves but it make checking your prices every day a must, in my opinion. The other thing I’ve complained about it their « events ». Very often there are two of the same and some non-events are considered as events - when prices are increased because of those, it does not make sense.

Chris K.
  • Reviewed on 08/06/2019

"Wheelhouse Pricing"

Comments: Outstanding looking forward to the future. Makes my life much easier. I can let my prices work and monitor them so I can focus on other tasks. Wheelhouse is clean and easy to use. I love how smooth it is. Everyone is friendly and quick to help. I tried several dynamic pricing tools before I decided that Wheelhouse is the way to go for my business. I own and manage 24 very busy overnight cabin rentals in Gatlinburg, TN. I look forward to growing much faster with the help of Wheelhouse.

Pros: Very easy to use and understand...I can update easily from my mobile phone if needed as well...it took me no time to feel confident in allowing Wheelhouse to work for me and my business...staff was friendly and very helpful

Cons: I'd love a tape chart within an app. I'm not complaining at all because it is great as is. I look forward to how the company evolves in further optimizing a dynamic pricing tool for its customers. I have felt at easy ever since I signed up. Haven't for one second doubted my decision and I am looking forward to the future.

• Reviewed on 08/06/2019
Sean R.
Property Manager
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2018

"Top of its class. A+++"

Pros: Its been a great experience using Wheelhouse and working with their team members. The setup process can be overwhelming at first, but once you learn the process its pretty simple. I like that they provide a sort of "setup wizard" to first get you started. When you feel more comfortable with the process you can go straight to the rate settings and advanced features. Truly a "set it and forget it" pricing engine. Lots of options to get the automation just how you want it and to match your pricing strategy (I tend to be conservative to maximize occupancy). The pricing data seems pretty accurate, although there are times when I opt to set custom events. They do not collect a commission on custom events, which I appreciate. Overall the commission they charge is worth the service. Customer service is extremely helpful and quick to respond.

Cons: I wish there was an easier way to set custom events across multiple listings. It is too time consuming with the way its currently setup. I think they have achieved a good balance between functionality and ease of use. The interface can be intimidating at first, but its easy to navigate one you have familiarized yourself.

• Reviewed on 19/01/2018
Julian C.
Project manager
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2018

"Wheelhouse helps me make more money. They are reliable and have great customer support."

Comments: The software helps me to earn more money with short-term rental rooms. It helps me to figure out the highest realistic price that the market will bear.

Pros: The interface is reasonably intuitive. All the features that I need exist. The site is very dependable. Anytime I've had questions, the friendly and knowledgeable support staff has given me quick answers. I love that they give me information about what specific events are happening in my area which may affect pricing.

Cons: There are not very many cons. I suppose it would be nice to be able to switch between rental rooms using a drop-down, rather than having to go back to the dashboard each time. Airbnb uses a drop-down. The wheelhouse method requires an extra page load.

• Reviewed on 22/02/2018
Robert O.
Executive Director
Higher Education, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2019

"Using data to make you to make you a better host"

Comments: Awesome.

Pros: There are two things--the revenue management software does optimize prices through the year, and ths support team a scrappy, hands on, and dedicated to their customer. It has not only made me money, but been a lot of fun playing being a customer.

Cons: The company responds to criticism, and over time works on removing things that are not 'likeable' Most recently they fixed the biggest con for me, which was adding functinality on minimum stays. I do not see any major cons at this time.

• Reviewed on 29/01/2019
Alistair R.
Boss
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/03/2019

"Great product to help you get the best prices for Airbnb"

Comments: I use it as a pretty good guide, it certainly more than covers its cost (which is pretty small). Occasionally - in lower periods, (or when i cant quite hold my nerve) feel they keep prices high too long - and find it quite simple to just override.

Pros: It’s pretty simple to understand and use - i prefer to work through the calendar view. Has very simple , intuitive approach to varying prices - which makes for understanding.

Cons: It doesn’t link with Booking dot com yet - or only indirectly - which would be the most useful addition for us.

Andrea B.
Principle
  • Reviewed on 01/03/2019

"The only reason I wouldn't refer, is because I don't want my local competition to know!"

Comments: I have used them for YEARS now. I have loved it.

Pros: Wheelhouse more than pays for itself. While I still own responsibility for where my price settings lie, I can toggle settings with a global adjustment to many months in advance in a more efficient way.

Cons: A multi-listing calendar on a single page will be a great development, possibly already there and I'm missing it. It's nice to be able to set my settings and walk away for months at a time from the daily grind of price setting.

Alicia J.
  • Reviewed on 01/03/2019

"Easy pricing option to stay competitive and booked!"

Comments: Wheelhouse has given us the opportunity to easily stay competitively priced and consistently booked. The ability to set guidelines that work best for our listing helps us still have control over our pricing, but also using the knowledge of the software makes sure we're priced correctly. The customer service is outstanding! They are continually updating and adding new features to be cutting edge.

Pros: The easy use of this software is great! The ability to set guidelines that are best for my listing, combined with their pricing algorithms, gives me an edge up on being competitively priced.

Cons: The software is being updated regularly and may not yet have all the features of similar products.

Math Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/03/2019

"Wheelhouse has gotten me more money with less work!"

Comments: Overall we love Wheelhouse and highly recommend it. It’s accurate in pricing, easy to use and very inexpensive.

Pros: I love how easy it is to adjust prices! I also love how Wheelhouse predicts very accurately even 9 months into the future. Airbnb pricing is always asking you to lower your price to absurd levels and I spent way too much time trying to put “special prices” on important future dates...with Wheelhouse I don’t have to add any “special prices” because Wheelhouse has already taken that into account with their pricing.

Cons: we have two properties, but we only receive one bill with no breakdown of how much we owe on Property #1 and how much is owed by Property #2. Since we co-own #1, this is a problem and too much work to go back manually and try to figure it out.

Chris L.
  • Reviewed on 04/03/2018

"A no-brainer to use"

Pros: I basically don't ever have to think about rates, and my property fills up more than expected and often at rates higher than I think I'd otherwise set! I don't know why any VR owner/manager wouldn't use Wheelhouse, especially for the tiny amount it costs. Except I'm glad they don't in my market, because it absolutely gives me a competitive edge!

Cons: Not Wheelhouse's fault, but they don't integrate with HomeAway (HomeAway's choice). That limits its usefulness a bit, since HomeAway is the biggest booking channel. However, you only pay the tiny booking fee if a reservation is booked through a supported channel, so I pay a tiny amount to Wheelhouse on my Airbnb and FlipKey bookings and anything that comes through HomeAway doesn't cost me anything.

• Reviewed on 04/03/2018
William scott H.
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2019

"Wheelhouse helped me make so much more money than I dreamed my homes would book for."

Comments: I do love that I can set my parameters and watch the pricing tool go to work. Also their customer service is responsive and always easy to work with.

Pros: I have 3 homes that the pricing pre Wheelhouse ran $350 to $550 a night. After signing up with wheelhouse I saw these same homes rates now as high at $1,100 a night. Ya, seriously $1100!!! When a 4 night $4400 booking comes in, I still can't believe it.

Cons: My only gripe with Wheelhouse is that they can't price out farther than 12 months. Which is a huge issue, as we allow our homes to be reserved more than 18 months out. There are some work arounds you can do to fix the prices out further than 12 months, but it's an issue they need to resolve. Honestly pricing more than 12 months out should be their #1 priority.

• Reviewed on 05/03/2019
Adam M.
Owner/Broker
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2020

"Second season using Wheelhouse for Airbnb and still love it!"

Comments: I actually enjoy logging onto and making adjustments and playing around with the different features they offer. During these difficult times for businesses (Covid-19), it is more important than ever to maximize revenue.

Pros: The ease of use and customizability is what I like most about this software. It was easy to setup and integrate with Airbnb and syncs flawlessly with my account on a daily basis or when I make adjustments.

Cons: Not so much a con, but I'd recommend they develop an app for Android/IPhone since I often use this product on mobile devices on the go. Also direct integration with VRBO would be great.

• Reviewed on 28/06/2020
John M.
Partner
  • Reviewed on 01/04/2019

"Takes the work out of maximizing nightly revenue!"

Pros: Wheelhouse's algorithm takes a ton of things into account, and can work without any input on my part. However, it gives me a ton of control to set custom rates on a nightly basis, and custom seasonality adjustments by month. And the best part is that I only pay for days where Wheelhouse sets the price, not my custom-priced days!

Cons: Better custom controls over last minute discounts would be good, but I still have the ability the customize individual nights prices by percent discount, set dollar amount discount, or custom prices.

• Reviewed on 01/04/2019