LogMeIn Central Reviews

by LogMeIn Central

• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.4 /5
    4.2 /5

About LogMeIn Central

Simplified endpoint management for desktops, servers, and mobile laptops.

Learn more about LogMeIn Central

Showing 25 reviews of 302

Darell B.
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2020

"Log Me In Central A Great Choice For Remote Support"

Comments: I have been using the Central Module for years it allows you to put computers in groups to easily identify your customers computers. Also alerts are set to notify you of Windows updates and antivirus software that is outdated on each computer.

Pros: Log Me In Central has been my go to remote repair tool for my customers. The software is secure easy to use and is loaded with features.

Cons: The pricing a little high to add features it costs to use but every feature is very useful for your business

• Reviewed on 27/08/2020
Jax W.
Solutions Engineer
  • Reviewed on 01/10/2018

"Never Really Worked Reliably"

Comments: We have maybe 2500 computers we need to have irregular access to. I would say 50% of the time, the computer we would try to access would need to be restarted, have an unfixable black screen remotely, or just not connect due to a LogMeIn client issue. When it worked, it was great, but when you often have to take action or go on site to get your remote software working, it's just not worth it. Support was horribly unhelpful and just suggested updates, which in the long run did not help since issues would reoccur and getting access to update them would require being physically present at the computer, ruining the purpose of this remote access software.

Pros: It allowed us to access thousands of devices and keep them organized.

Cons: Devices would either connect with a black screen, or just not show up on the list at all. Visiting my remote computers in person would show the computer started normally, but LogMeIn decided to run but just not connect. Just one click in the LMI Control Panel would make it reconnect. Not polling for a good connection after restart is just bad design, and support consistently told me to just update to the latest version, but through 3 years of experiencing this problem. The black screen issue wasn't resolved either.

• Reviewed on 01/10/2018
Dave S.
Partner
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2020

"LogMeIn User"

Comments: I use it everday, we wouldn't be able to function as smoothly without it.

Pros: Couldn't do business without it. I have multiple computers hooked up over 4 locations, and this gives me access to them at the drop of a hat.

Cons: Sometimes a computer gets logged off or needs to be updated, but that's not their problem. Software is amazing.

• Reviewed on 23/07/2020
IT Support Specialist
Printing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2019

"Greatest and easiest remote desktop software I've ever used as an IT Tech"

Comments: A +++. Amazing software and a must-have for IT staff/helpdesk who support their company's/client's software.

Pros: I LOVE logmein. Hands down the best remote desktop software I've used. Better than showmyPC, better than apple's remote desktop viewer, better than literally anything else (except that you have to pay for it.) I love that you can easily access someone's computer AND it's easy for them to let you access their computer--very simple for even non-techy people to set up and allow access. And it's file transfer options are top-notch!

Cons: I only dislike that you have to pay for it...but that's silly. These guys deserve more money. They're killing it.

• Reviewed on 17/04/2019
Brittany S.
Management/Bookkeeper
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2018

"Remote in from any location"

Pros: I like most that it gives me the ability to work from my home computer. I am able to log in within about 2 minutes and has saved me numerous trips to my office. I've used it in both my accounting and sales job and it really does keep my work info at my fingertips. Another great thing is that it gives our CPA the ability to remote in to get any documentation she needs without having to contact me.

Cons: Set up is a little demanding but their customer service reps helped. It is also a little slow, there is a definite lag especially when opening reports.

• Reviewed on 10/07/2018
Dan B.
Support
  • Reviewed on 05/08/2019

"LogMein Central"

Pros: I used this product at my last job for over 2 years, it allowed me to access offices and desktops nationwide. I was successfully able to update, patch and troubleshoot issues on remote PC's, at any time of the day. Great asset for any size company to remotely work and control PC's

Cons: The first issue is bandwidth is very important, especially if you are transferring files or data. Every one is awhile we had to log out of Central and then log back in due to the following, slowness, or unresponsiveness from remote PC.

• Reviewed on 05/08/2019
Ray F.
COO
501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2018

"This was a great addition to our company."

Comments: Great purchase and I would highly recommend.

Pros: We are a staffing agency and have multiple clients and employ 500 plus employees. LogMeIn allows us to log into computers outside of our location to view employee info, retrieve weekly hours, and communicate with our time clocks. This saves us time and money and allows us to communicate with our clients without leaving our office.

Cons: My personal opinion is that there aren't any Cons. This software saves our company valuable time and practically pays for its self with the travel time it saves.

• Reviewed on 20/12/2018
Sherry G.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2018

"GoToMyPC by LogMeInInc.com"

Comments: I use this software daily in order to access my desktop computer from anywhere. The software is safe and secure, easy to use and does the job.

Pros: I've been using this software to log in to my computer remotely from any PC and it has enabled me to do my work from anywhere - including Vietnam, Cambodia, and Costa Rica. All I had to do was set it up on my computer and log in and I can access my desk in the office from anywhere.

Cons: There is nothing I don't like about the software. It has been 100% reliable for me, regardless of where in the world I am located.

• Reviewed on 19/11/2018
Susan I.
Law Practice, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2019

"Log me in"

Comments: Overall I like the product and would not switch to other competitors.

Pros: I have been using this software for about 18 years. When I first used it, it was free. They have since implemented a cost for this BUT they have also improved its capability as well. This product is versatile and solid. I use it nearly every day. Saves me money as well --no more driving to remote locations.

Cons: The rising cost. Over the years the % of cost increase is great.

• Reviewed on 12/04/2019
Stephanie S.
Manager, IT Service Desk
  • Reviewed on 26/09/2019

"Ease of Use and Customer Experience"

Comments: We use this in our company for those who need access to a computer but need to use a personal computer to do so. This keeps our network secure.

Pros: This software is user friendly. Wants set up, the user can access his/her computer by logging into a web URL. The PC shows up listed for them and they simply click to remote to it.

Cons: Sometimes a bit overwhelming for the user if given too many options. Also, the installation process for a new machine can be a bit time consuming.

• Reviewed on 26/09/2019
David P.
Senior Field Engineer
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2019

"Easy to use remote support tool"

Pros: You can combine all your customers, and even separate accounts, in to one portal. The remote connection is very reliable and stable. Widely supported and accepted.

Cons: Lacks some features such as easy file transfer to remote computer. Seems to have slowed down development a bit ad fallen behind competitor solutions.

Jon A.
Application Support Team Lead
Medical Practice, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2019

"Reliable but lacking"

Comments: LMI Central has saved my team a ton of time but leaves us wanting more features

Pros: Allows my team to quickly connect to machines across our company. Connections are always fast and reliable.

Cons: Severely lacking in features. Alternative solutions like screenconnect are cheaper, just as reliable, and support things like silent command execution, screen monitoring, etc without connecting to the machine. This allows for repair or maintenance without the need to disrupt the end user.

• Reviewed on 15/02/2019
Lupe S.
Technology Coordinator
Civic & Social Organization, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/10/2018

"LogMeIN"

Comments: Connecting to our computers remotely that are in other cities. Installing update, troubleshooting -
printing issue - software - setting up users - email issues.

Pros: Cuts down on travel time when troubleshooting simple issues.

Cons: Cost - which we could afford more We are non-profit so our funds are limited.

• Reviewed on 05/10/2018
Patrick K.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2018

"Logmein Central is an easy powerful tool."

Comments: We use it for all our computers local and remote. We like that we can give access to unlimited users to the same computers or segment them to one.

Pros: Groups are easy to manage. Reports provide good detail about activity.

Cons: Better way to look at all screens if the endpoint has multiple screens.

• Reviewed on 28/09/2018
Nasira C.
Office receptionist
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/01/2018

"LogMeIn to work from home"

Pros: Once you download the software to your home computer, you can access the office server in minutes! We can view the office schedule and other information and utilize our dental management software from home. Very convenient.

Cons: Once in awhile, there are connectivity issues, or the server kicks you off when the remote access computer is idle too long. It is a bit frustrating but happens only rarely.

• Reviewed on 12/01/2018
Jonathan A.
Application Support Team Lead
  • Reviewed on 10/11/2017

"Allows for quick and easy support"

Pros: I like that it's extremely fast to connect into devices. The UI is very responsive as well so it makes navigating and connecting VERY fast. I have had excellent session quality with this product.

Cons: The cost is higher than other products with similar features. The "remember my password" setting to connect is saved per computer, not globally, so it must be saved for each computer you connect into.

• Reviewed on 10/11/2017
Compliance Officer
Textiles, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2018

"Excellent product, easy to use"

Comments: Easy and simple remote access to various computers. I can pretty much do whatever I need to do - even if it's across multiple networks.

Pros: The ability to access all of my computers that I need to remotely. Great tool if I need to work from home, need to be on the factory floor, or am trying to access one of my computers between two different networks.

Cons: Sometimes there is quite a bit of a lag time involved that can be a little frustrating to deal with. Also, sometimes the screen resolution is not that great and is a little bit pixelated. Trying to connect to a two-monitor setup is also challenging at times.

• Reviewed on 20/04/2018
Social Media Coordinator
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2019

"We use LogMeIn everyday"

Pros: I work for several companies, which means sometimes I need to access a computer that isn't always in front of me. I really like LogMeIn because I can reach any desktop at any time, which is great!

Cons: It can be hard when the software malfunctions and it sometimes is hard to send the error report to wherever it needs to go.

James J.
General Manager
Printing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2018

"Has the features I need most"

Comments: Saved money and time all around...

Pros: Simplicity of managing multiple computers.

Cons: Cost per seat is high, and it's easy to inadvertently add clients then lock yourself out because they are over the limit.

• Reviewed on 20/11/2018
Network and Server Engineer
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2018

"Great features but too expensive"

Pros: Reliability and features are very good.

Cons: Price, too expensive and they seem to always increasing their prices. I still use because I have to but I am always looking for alternatives.

Christophe C.
Animation, 11-50 Employees

"Amazing tool !"

Pros: The easy deployment of Logmein client. Even if user don't know anything about computers

Cons: The web interface could be faster.. Sometime authentication is really slow

Pete A.
Computer & Network Security, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2018

"Logmein Central"

Comments: Helps support of large number of systems across multiple clients.

Pros: Centralized Management of access to multiple PC remotely

Cons: Price increases in recent years are far too large.

• Reviewed on 12/11/2018
Tracy K.
Hospital Administrator
Veterinary, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/05/2019

"Lifesaver!"

Comments: Overall, I am very satisfied with LogMeIn. I have been a user for about six years.

Pros: Being able to use this software and work from home on certain days has been a lifesaver. I'm able to work from home two days a week and look after an ill family member. It has been so helpful in me being able to keep up with my heavy workload.

Cons: The screen shows up much smaller than the original when I am working from home. It also tends to go much slower than if I was actually in my office.

• Reviewed on 14/05/2019
Abraham S.
Compliance Officer
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2019

"Comprehensive and Expensive"

Pros: This is an excellent tool to have, if you can afford the annual fee. A testament to its utility is its clientele, which includes big names like "Au Bon Pain". It is admittedly confusing to navigate for anyone who is not tech savvy, but, with a bit of training and familiarizing, anyone with basic knowledge of computer systems can manage and monitor their software remotely to great effect. Highly recommended.

Cons: If you are a small business, this might not be the best solution, as the annual billing fee is a bit on the steep side - especially since you won't likely be needing most of its features or remote monitoring technology until you grew to be big enough for your own abilities to be spread too thin to be effective.

• Reviewed on 02/02/2019
Michael C.
Dentist
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/03/2018

"LogMeIn for Private Practice Dental"

Pros: Quick connection to office server from home. No need to log in every time, simply click on the device you want to connect to and you're in!

Cons: Occasionally can be slow, and sometimes if inactive for a few minutes you are automatically logged out.

• Reviewed on 11/03/2018