Filter by:

• Overall

About Sortly

The industry's simplest (mobile friendly) Inventory and asset tracking system. Trusted by 1000's of businesses. Get it for free today!

Learn more about Sortly

Jason R.
Histologist
Research, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2019

"Sortly in the Laboratory Environment"

Comments: This was exactly the application that I needed when I started our Laboratory inventory system. It is easy for my staff to look up if we have any chemicals on site, and the ability to add custom fields and tags allows us to keep a list of all of our Hazardous materials and link the SDS(new MSDS) forms to the chemicals, as OSHA and other agencies require.

Pros: To be honest, it is 'dumb' software. It has a very basic structure that allowed us to fill in and sort things as we needed to without fighting against any templates or pre-designed structure that got in our way.
It is super easy to integrate the iOS/Android app as a barcode scanner, something that other inventory management software charges *thousands* of dollars for, as well as expensive hardware to use. Most of your employees already have cell phones, or can be issued ones for work easily.

Cons: It is not quite as intuitive of an interface as the design would lead you to expect. A few good video/YouTube tutorials would be helpful.
The team is still developing features as clients give them input, so things can change quickly. App does not always push to update versions and old versions can be out of synch with the database.
Uses Avery labels when I would prefer a zebra printer for printing labels.

Sean W.
Co-Owner
  • Reviewed on 28/03/2018

"Best inventory tracker I've found"

Pros: Sortly is easy to use, helps us update our inventory quickly and accurately, and is well worth the small cost. Having not just a photo, but tags and descriptions for each item is invaluable to our business as many of the designs have similar titles/themes.

Cons: Under the free version we had a limit on the number of items that could be tracked, but once we upgraded to the Pro version we've had no issues or complaints with the software.

• Reviewed on 28/03/2018
Melanie D.
VP Operations
  • Reviewed on 05/06/2018

"Easy to use and set up. Good value overall."

Pros: The app is easy to use and requires a minimal training period for users. It is aesthetically pleasing while being functional. Set up was quick, easy, and can be implemented same day.

Cons: It's missing some core functionality that would be helpful:
- Ability to choose which info is displayed first when pulling up a searched item. From our use, we need to see quantity and customer cost first, we don't need to see the QR code, it leads to unnecessary scrolling on the users part to access the info needed.
- Permission based views of fields per item. Such as the ability to hide fields, such as dealer cost from non-admin users.
-Permission based editing of fields.
- Ability to reprint QR labels that have been created
- Custom fields are great, but they are limited to text fields. A drop box feature would be great.
- Search field suing the web / computer doesn't work as well as the apps.
- Low inventory alerts are needed.
- a live support number would be highly helpful for any business.

• Reviewed on 05/06/2018
Director of Operations and Events
Events Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/01/2019

"Great system that has really helped our business"

Comments: We have a wide inventory with multiple uses. Sortly has helped us consolidate information in one convenient location and given us the opportunity to see all aspects of our inventory under one 'roof.' The check-in/check-out process is quick and easy for anyone on our team and even though we don't use some of the tools that it offers, as our business grows it is nice to know that we have a system that can accommodate our diverse needs.

Pros: The software is user friendly, offers a lot of practical functions, and offers the exact needs for our business. Using it has kept us more organized, more efficient, and has saved us time and money.

Cons: The one feature that I would like to see added is the ability to move items in bulk based on a custom number, not the entire inventory.

• Reviewed on 21/01/2019
Kensuke K.
Account Executive
Chemicals, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/08/2019

"Simple and easy app to use"

Pros: I use this app to control the office supply and sample inventory. I like its simple template that I can easily change the setting. It is useful that I can save the picture of the material as well.

Cons: When I change the inventory, I liked the old version that I could simply press + or . Now I have to type in the number.

• Reviewed on 13/08/2019
Doug W.
Administration Director
Accounting, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2019

"Great Software at a Great Price"

Comments: We were trying to find an efficient and effective way to keep track of our office supplies without having to manually check stock levels every day. Sortly Pro solved that problem and at a great price point!

Pros: Ease of use. It was simple to setup and even easier to use on a day-to-day basis. Performs inventory management perfectly. The reminder features are especially useful.

Cons: The fact that you cannot use the barcode scanner for products outside of the category you are in. For example if you setup a category for office supplies and then try to scan something for kitchen supplies even though you are still in the office supplies screen, it will not let you. You should be able to scan any product from any screen.

Sheng A.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2020

"Weird Scanner"

Comments: Overall the app was okay but the scanner part of it not working was a big turn off.

Pros: I thought this app was adequate. Entering items into inventory was pretty easy and it did everything it advertised.

Cons: Even though I initially enjoyed the app, the barcode scanner on it doesn't function properly sometimes. At first it was fine but when I got to about 5 or 6 items, the scanner refused to read barcodes. Also the free version is limited.

• Reviewed on 19/02/2020
Matt G.
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2020

"Very Useful"

Comments: Sortly Pro is easy to use and the price is acceptable.

Pros: This product is great. We use it to track our tools and easily catalogue everything that comes in and out of our storage.

Cons: Product has only a small learning curve, once you use it a few times its very very simple. No notable "cons".

• Reviewed on 12/10/2020
Austin H.
logistics manager
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2019

"Great for keeping stock of our warehouse"

Pros: simple to use and a great UX we had everything set up in a day for an entire warehouse.

Cons: not an easy way to deduct items from the total count without recounting and just changing the number

Meredith M.
Speech-Language Pathologist
Individual & Family Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 27/01/2019

"Great tool"

Pros: As a speech therapist, I love that I can tag each item with a skill or concept. This is incredibly useful for when I am planning for my next session. I simply type in the skill/concept I want to target in the search tool and all the activities, toys, and games that are tagged with that skill pop up. Very easy and quick for planning.

Cons: Perhaps if there was a way to have the most tags or the most recent tags pop up when you are adding a new item would eliminate the time it takes to add new tags.

• Reviewed on 27/01/2019
Charley L.
  • Reviewed on 06/05/2018

"Ok"

Pros: Great visual and math features, easy to set up, with multiple folder options. Sorry, I don't have a hundred characters of pros, so I am just writing this to fill in he required space for this review to work.

Cons: Changes made when offline don't seem to sinc when you go online. Contrary to popular belief, don't always get web reception where the goods are, and even if you do, you have to wait for it to reboot after every single entry. If internet is slow, you can go ten times faster on paper.

• Reviewed on 06/05/2018
Maria M.
Lab Coordinator
Medical Practice, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2019

"Has lots of potential, but is lacking a bit of common sense"

Comments: It has been a process. I would love to be able to do a full switch of our inventory into the system however, it is difficult as there can be lots of mistakes that can happen that are difficult to track meaning that it is nearly impossible to reconcile properly.

Pros: When I was looking at the program prior to committing, the advertising and sell guide was impressive.

Cons: It is not easy to use. I find it frustrating often and it is difficult to find support. There are times when I need support right away and I have to "schedule" a meeting.

Eric R.
Eric R.
Studio Manager
Motion Pictures & Film, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2019

"Has changed our way of organizing photo/video gear"

Comments: Overall Sortly is incredible and I would highly recommend anyone on the fence about to get it. It's worth every penny.

Pros: Right away I love the ease of use. Sortly Pro makes it effortless to organize your inventory. The app isn't confusing like other inventory apps. I also love the ability to export/print PDFs.

Cons: I hope there's a better check-in/check-out system for gear.

Connor D.
Medical Sales Vendor
  • Reviewed on 08/06/2018

"I use sortly to keep track of inventory at various hospital locations in Los Angeles."

Pros: The overall functionality is easy to use and makes sense. Taking photos for each item makes it easy to record information. Tagging each item with specific instruments is great.

Cons: Items seem to disappear or move from account to account. This could possible be caused by updates but none the less makes things difficult.

Xavier C.
Xavier C.
General Administration
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/01/2019

"Sortly Pro - Mobile Rehab"

Comments: We have completely overhauled and streamlined our inventory/asset management processes with Sortly.. we have no complaints and will continue to utilize Sortly Pro going forward

Pros: Ease of use, simple functionality, strong and versatile capabilities

Cons: Tracking history/review of movement among folders

• Reviewed on 20/01/2019
Operations Specialist
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2019

"IT Inventory's Best Friend"

Comments: Love Sortly!!

Pros: Ease of use and flexibility. Love the app!

Cons: There's not anything I don't like. Sortly is a great product!

• Reviewed on 01/02/2019
Supply Chain Specialist
Retail, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/08/2018

"Easy and Helpful Inventory Tracker"

Pros: Sortly Pro allowed our team to keep track of our inventory. Inventory updating is possible and easy. Barcoding is a feature that was mostly needed by our team for our supplies and Sortly Pro provided that feature. Sortly Pro allows our team to create reports and analytics regarding our products which is a great feature as well.

Cons: Needs more updates with its current features, but everything other than that works great.

• Reviewed on 30/08/2018
Jonathan S.
network support specialist

"clean experience"

Pros: I liked the seamless integration between web app and mobile app. pictures help coordinate things, and custom fields let me handle the specifics of our inventory without any hassle.

Cons: The mobile app glitched out on me once, but it was fixed with a quick reinstall. There was also a learning curve with making qr labels, but I figured it out, and that was more on my printer than anything.

Jenny N.
Practice Mngt
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/06/2018

"Great way to sort out inventory!"

Pros: It's very user friendly. I was able to use it without any problems. Also taught other staff members and they were able to comprehend and help complete the task.

Cons: It doesn't recognize some of the barcodes when trying to scan them. It worked better on my phone then the iPad.

• Reviewed on 15/06/2018
Ali J.
Ali J.
Home Stager
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2019

"Great platform, but still needs work"

Comments: I am a home stager and after trying several other inventory platforms, Sortly Pro was my favorite. I am frustrated with some basic features that it lacks, but overall, it does what I need.

Pros: I love that it is simple, user-friendly, and very ascetically easy to use.

Cons: There have been several simple updates that I have requested to customer service. I think for a program specifically designed to track inventory, specifically inventory that moves from location to location or customer to customer, then all inventory should have a 'home' or 'original destination' file so that when it is done at a location or customer then you simply click 'home' and them item goes back to it's original file. For example, I have upwards of 20-30 items that go to a client at one time. When they get returned to my inventory, I have to manually send them back to their original folder one by one. Yes, I can do bulk move, but I have nearly 100 'original destination' folders because all my inventory is categorized in folders. So I have to move the sofas to the 'sofas' folder and the lamps to the 'lamps' folder etc. I would like to be able to 'bulk select' and 'move to home folder'. Also, the option to drag items from one folder to the menu on the left would also help expedite daily actions.

Brianna G.
Owner of Upstaged Denver
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2021

"Absolutely no customer service"

Pros: Pictures. Would be relatively easy to use with Pugh all the glitches

Cons: Have had nothing but problems with this program. It is very simple programming errors that they seem not to care about or address at all. Every time we have had issues, we try to call, but there is no number they just make you email. However I receive a response saying they will get back to us and then never respond from there. We are basically just communicating with a computer system with no human interaction. Problems we have: (1) website doesn’t communicate with app and is severely delayed. (2) Items don’t update when you edit them. For instance, I change a quantity on an item, press save, and it doesn’t update. Have to do that about ten times or more for it to register. Causes major problems. (3) when you move like items back into a folder, they don’t merge. So if you have 2 of the same item, move one over to a stage, and then move it back, it duplicates the item instead of merging back with the original. OVERALL LOTS OF PROBLEM AND ABSOLUTELY NO HELP ON BEHALF OF SORTLY. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A BASIC INVENTORY SYSTEM WITH LOTS OF GLITCHES, THIS IS FOR YOU!

• Reviewed on 10/08/2021
Business Manager
Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2019

"Great for small business inventory"

Comments: We have an enormous amount of holiday inventory that we needed to keep track of with pictures. We use Sortly to help us keep track of what we use each season, which assists us greatly in purchasing of new product for the following season. It also helped immensely to track what items we had sold out of, so we were never in an oversold situation with our customers.

Pros: Having both the desktop and mobile versions was great. Easy to use, very intuitive and self-explanatory. Allows you to make it as complex or as simple as you need it to be.

Cons: Some small glitches, but those were easily fixed with updates.

• Reviewed on 29/01/2019
IT Manager
Accounting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2019

"Great product for what we need"

Comments: Great experience. Easy to setup, print labels, tag, and track. We know who has what, when. I have recommended this to others as well.

Pros: Being able to asset track our equipment. We know who has what or what they have checked out quickly and easily.

Cons: I do wish they had the ability to attach multiple assets to a single user without have to set it on each item.

Dusty S.
Dusty S.
General Manager
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2019

"By Far the Best Value and Product"

Comments: We Love It!!!!

Pros: Pictures say it all. Every item has a picture so they are very easily identifiable. You can take the pictures yourself or find other sources to upload from. The ability to use Sortly on all mobile devices is perfect for what we do.
The best app on the market for inventory.

Cons: Will not sync with QBO yet. I hear it's coming though.
I would like to have the exact same items in different categories carrying the same balance. If I have widget under supplies and the same widgit under tools, I want the inventory to change in each category when pulled from either.

Gregory C.
logistics Manager
  • Reviewed on 08/06/2018

"very easy and intuitive at the same time."

Pros: this software is easy and quick when dealing with inventory. I like how everything is set up and ease of finding my folders and subfolders. I also like how you can use the excel import to also add the items.

Cons: wat I lease like is if I use a desk top/laptop, adjusting inventory is a little bit different than if I were to use my smart phone. using a laptop I can not adjust the qty of items I want to move it moves all of them; compared to the smart phone it gives me the opportunity to enter my amount that I want to move. also I wish there was a way to adjust the inventory with the excel import. it makes it a lot easier when dealing with large amounts inventory. I wish the excel import would allow to merge the items together instead of making a whole new item. it would be nice if the excel import could also minus the inventory.