15 years helping Singaporean businesses

About Venngage

Venngage is an infographic and design software for creating posters, reports, infographics, and presentations.

Learn more about Venngage

Pros:

Unbelievably versatile and surprisingly intuitive to use. Does the job of multiple applications in one easy to implement and integrate program.

Venngage ratings

4.5
4.5
4.3
4.4

8.7/10

Venngage has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 305 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Venngage before?

Reshma
Reshma
Regional Organizational Development and Culture Specialist in Kenya

I have been using Venngage for 4 years now, and I LOVE it for all my work.

Comments: I am able to do all my work, and we at CARE have used it for everything from conference bag designs to big timelines that we use at huge conference meetings. The charts have helped us with our infographics especially since previously, this used to be so expensive. I use it often and train our teams on using it in East, Central and Southern Africa but now I have been asked to train other parts of the organization to use it too - so in two weeks I am running a training for our Asia countries.

Pros:

I LOVE everything: 1. Templates for everything 2. The maps that we can customize 3. The various ways flags are presented - I use the thumb flag icon so much! 4. The ability to download in different formats. 5. I really like the new Teams function and the folder function

Cons:

The slowness of going back to previous edits. I have to click and wait for a load to get back to the previous design. Also, moving the boxes around, whether it's text or image, is sometimes hard.

Stephenie
Instructional Technologist in US
E-Learning, Self Employed

Venngage is a Must-Have

Comments: I have created some really great infographics to share with the Twitterverse and they have been very well received. I couldn't have made anything close without the help of the Venngage templates and designs.

Pros:

I am so impressed by the templates provided and the ease of use to customize them.

Cons:

While I love that you can organize my designs in folders, I would also like to be able to organize the designs within the folders.

Dave
Marketing in US
Consumer Goods, Self Employed

Definitely not the best option

Comments: Was trying to use for some design and marketing, but ended up ditching because of the effort involved with simple tasks.

Pros:

It's a wonderful idea but unfortunately executed horribly.

Cons:

Even with my background as a designer and programmer, I found it to be clunky, nonintuitive and difficult to use. No phone support available and wasted hours upon hours trying to get help for a simple task. Oh, and beware if you ever want to try to close your account? Watch out, they don't make it easy. Steer clear.

Nirav
Manager in India
Automotive, 501–1,000 Employees

Easy to use yet very impactful designs

Comments: I am not a professional graphic designer. Having a tool like Venngage empower small businesses like us to created designs without hiring an agency.

Pros:

1. Export the final design in high resolution 2. Create a folder structure to save files 3. Exhaustive library of images and cliparts

Cons:

1. Search functionalities do not work very well 2. Tool freeze if the design becomes heavy

Arheer
Arheer
Manager in India
Internet, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A beginner's tool to create graphics

Comments: I had a requirement for creating infographics and was looking for a tool that could help with such templates. That is were I discovered Venngage. Now I do create multiple social media posts using the same.

Pros:

1. Ample of templates for multiple use case 2. Even someone new to the tool can easily understand the UX and can get started 3. You can save the projects created in multiple folders

Cons:

Nothing major but they can surely work towards reducing the price of the tool.

Mithil
Mithil
You cannot find an easier tool that Venngage for quick Infographics in US
Public Relations & Communications, 11–50 Employees

The best tool for making quick infographics!

Comments: I have been using Venngage for 4 years now for my reporting and social infographics. It is an absolute must have for my team. Due to its simplicity of use and easy navigation, it is easy to train others to use it too.

Pros:

Apart from easy navigation and self-explained features, their customer service is the best part of using this tool. An agent is available to help and chat with you any hour of the day. They have made the entire process so effortless.

Cons:

Limits on image uploads are lesser than other tools. I would like to see them increase that. But can't deny the value for money with what we get.

Swapnil
Swapnil
Founder and Director in India
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Good tool for infographics, ebooks creation, poster creation

Comments: I have been using this solution since more than 2 yrs and found useful , it is our default tool for preparing any info graphics, social media posts, blog images

Pros:

great quality icons to develop professionally looking info graphics in quick time. I do not have to rely on professional graphics designer for it. I can manage any graphics for my blogs, websites, social media posts easily

Cons:

support for gif can be added or even support for embedding videos can be very useful if added in the solution. Some more templates for ebooks, presentation can add value for users. stock images can be more with variety

Nathan
Nathan
SEO Specialist in US
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

Easy Infographics!

Comments: Overall, we love Venngage!

Pros:

Venngage is the easiest way I know of to make infographics.

Cons:

Not being able to have the source files can be troublesome at times.

Matthew
Matthew
Director Of Business Development in US
Medical Practice, 51–200 Employees

AWESOME product

Pros:

I am not a graphic designer, but needed an easy platform to design graphics for our company. Stumbled upon Venngage and it is incredible. Super easy to use. Their templates are plentiful and there is always something there for inspiration. I have recommended this to a bunch of other folks in small business looking to increase their graphics online in a cost effective way.

Cons:

Can be touchy with controls, but you get used to it after woking with the platform after awhile.

Rachel
Rachel
Graphic and Textile Designer in US
Consumer Goods, 11–50 Employees

Great idea, needs a little smoothing out

Comments: Venngage is a great idea, I love the concept. I am looking forwards to updates that hopefully resolve my issues with the design dashboard. I think it's a valuable tool that is very useful for data visualization for small businesses.

Pros:

It's great to have a drag-and-drop interface specifically for making infographics. There are a lot of well designed templates, making it easy to find one for almost any purpose. The template categories are well organized. The app interface is well organized, and it's easy to figure out how to get started. Some of the tools and interactions are a little clumsy and hard to use. The app has all the features I could want - an option for building your own branding, a business option for team sharing, and options to export your files in different file formats.

Cons:

I think that the interface and features of the design section could use a little work. When building an infographic, I noticed several things that annoyed or confused me. - Hotkeys not consistent with industry standard design software - including no undo hotkey. The undo is a physical button you have to push. - No colorpicker tool. Colors must be manually adjusted or a Hex code must be typed in. Swatches are difficult to add. Very limited selection of gradient options, and no ability to create your own gradients. - I'd like to be able to upload my own fonts.

Dora
Owner in US
Human Resources, 2–10 Employees

Venngage is a powerful business tool. The quality of my client visuals has increased exponentially!

Pros:

The most valuable aspect of Venngage is more than the software itself, but the amazing user support I get as a subscriber! I find the weekly emails from the Venngage staff alerting me to new ways to use the templates in Venngage priceless!! Those guides help me focus my thinking, give me great inspiration for how I can illustrate my message in a compelling way and increase my confidence in developing visuals. This service really sets Venngage apart from similar tools I've used like Piktochart, Lucidchart, etc. I have found that the concepts I've learned from the Venngage team, I can apply to other apps as well (e.g., Word, PowerPoint). I also like the variety of templates available, and that I can "deconstruct" a template and understand how the infographic was designed so that I can create my own version of it as needed. The way the templates are categorized really help to guide the user to the best visual to use for the message being delivered. I will be a long-time user of this software.

Cons:

I wish more of the templates were formatted for a standard letter sized page as often I'd like to include them as a part of handout or physical file of resources for clients. The long infographic templates, display the most information which is great for web-based sharing of information, but they are difficult to replicate if you want to share a physical version. Despite the number of icons available, I still encounter situations where I can't always find the right icon to illustrate my message and have to use other sources, e.g., Icon Finder, to identify the most appropriate visual. I do think the monthly cost of Venngage is pricey. I do recognize the annual cost would provide me with some savings, so I'll be exploring that but as Venngage probably realizes, for SB's managing cashflow if key so an large cash outlay for the annual subscription can be prohibitive when balancing that expenditure with other expenses.

Matt
Associate Director of Ministry Operations in US
Religious Institutions, 201–500 Employees

Images are worth a 1000 words. Venngage allows us to create infographics to visually say something.

Comments: We have lots of boring, but important, things to get across. Since people tend to avoid reading lots of words, we needed a way to convey the point with images. Venngages easily creates easy to read infographics.

Pros:

The style of using infographics to convey a message becomes more easily manageable and understood with the help of Venngage. The templates make it easier for us to generate the best way to convey the message. In our modern times, people tend to pay attention to visual graphics more than words. We took simple things like packing list, and turned them into visual infographics to increase "readership". The free clipart/images are modern and not cheap looking. They match and are themed (similar design) so we can create professional looking infographics. The infographic builder is what-you-see-is-what-you-get, so as you design the image, you can see what the final product will look like as you go.

Cons:

There are been several times when I created an image using a certain size page layout, but then wanted to change the size. The process was a little cumbersome to reformat into different sizes and I think it could be made easier. Sometimes the grouping feature (grouping multiple items together to move) can be difficult to use when items are layered.

Amrita
Content Marketing Coordinator in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

I use Venngage mainly for social media graphics and statistics to support my blogs.It's quick & easy

Comments: - Social Media Graphics
- Statistics to support my blogs
- General infographics for internal presentations

Pros:

The varied options it gives is great along with being up-to-date with trends. For example, Valentine's special templates for the month of February. Secondly, the fact that it is so customizable right from the colors of the gridline to the font of the legend makes it likable. It's made my life easier with the graphs. I used to use powerpoint and excel for making charts/graphs and it was a pain. I also like the options available in icons, makes it quicker for me to not go to a third party like iconfinder.com. I used to use that software to fetch icons and freepik for vector files and merge them in Adobe Illustrator. This software solves all the 3 purposes. Lastly, I love the chat support. People are quick in replying and help solve my queries proactively.

Cons:

I have yet not figured out how do you undo changes (3-4 layers backward). I am a Safari user and Venngage works better on Chrome so if that could be leveled up, it would be great. Another thing that bothers me is the fact that Venngage uses only google fonts. If I want to export any other font, I do not have an option. Because of that, I switch to Adobe when using other fonts.

Stephany
Senior Instructional Designer in US
Construction, 201–500 Employees

Unexpectedly great tool

Comments: Major value for the investment. Unexpected benefits to other areas of my work. Must buy!

Pros:

I researched and requested this tool for my work as an instructional designer. I thought it would be primarily useful for job aids (which it is). What I didn't realize is how much I would use the icons and photos for training materials as well! You can export a document as a PPT file (Beta, but it's worked for me), and I load up the file with all the icons (colored with my company's color palette) that I can cut and paste into my training materials. This is a big deal, as I don't have to hire a graphic artist or buy icons. For my job aids, it's equally helpful. Venngage has a branding feature that allows me to upload all the company logos and color palette info I want. That makes it so easy to grab a template, recolor and redesign, and publish as a PDF. I've been able to create several how-to documents for internal clients and it's amazing (to me even) how quick the process can be and how professional they look! Bottom line: this product makes me look really good.

Cons:

Per-user license. I'd like to allow colleagues to work on my documents with me but they can't without a license.

Regeanie
CEO in US

We have been using Venngage for about 7 months now and we love it! It was a very easy learning curve

Pros:

I appreciate the multiple templates and tools that simplify the process of creating a really awesome infographic. It takes minutes to create pages and documents that it would normally take hours to do or that I would need to outsource to a graphic designer. For the most part, I have found it simple and easy to use and pretty powerful. This ease of use combined with high quality output makes this a great tool for people like me who are not designers, but need something that create high-level output without enormous amounts of effort. Most recently, I used Venngage to create our annual report and I couldn't have been happier with the professional quality of the final product. Most importantly, it took less than a few hours of total time, including the creation of multiple chats and graphs.

Cons:

I did find that there is a page limitation when creating a multiple page document. So, for our annual report, I had to create separate documents save them out as PDF, then use Adobe Acrobat Pro to combine them into one PDF. While this created an extra step, it was relatively easy to do so I was terribly bothered by it.

Kaitlyn
Director of Digital Strategy in US

I use Venngage at work to create materials for several clients

Comments: It saves me a lot of time that I would have otherwise spent working in Adobe.

Pros:

My favorite part of Venngage is the ease of use. It is really simple to create something unique and professional grade. I use Venngage to create inforgraphics, cards for social media posts, and photo content for email blasts as well. Once you get the hang of it, it's really easy to put together designs. I often use the same templates I have created over and over again. The free images are a definite plus as well.

Cons:

The thing I like least are a few of the technical issues. I wish that I could import higher resolution images in my upload and export into even higher resolution for the finished product. Sometimes diminishing the quality of the photo in order to upload it into the Venngage system means that I cannot create posters or larger-scale images because of the pixelation that would result.

Joni
Senior Consultant in US
Professional Training & Coaching, 2–10 Employees

Quick to learn and easy to manage

Comments: We can quickly put together professional looking infographs, flyers and other documents without having to spend a ton of money on software that is simply too robust for our needs (and of course you pay for that robust-ness!)

Pros:

The templates available are spectacular! A great help when getting started on a project and easy to edit.

Cons:

I really wish there was a way to share the original/native files with other users. We create infographs for some of our clients and they don't have access to them to be able to update and manage them themselves.

, 51–200 Employees

Really nice and useful product

Comments: Really nice and simple to create infographics and presentations that really impressed the viewers.

Pros:

I like that you can find templates for almost all the things you like and need. You can use them as they are, just changing the text, or you can modify them as you like. I had a Premium account, therefore I benefited from all of their specifications. I mostly enjoyed the Interactive PDF as it comes very in handy when you need to present some information and send it to your clients. I also liked that they have a vast number of icons, photos and other that help you instantly :). You have everything you need just a click away and that save you a lot of time. Some other great things that I only tried, didn't make use of them, was the Interactive part, where you can create polls, forms, tables. Aaand the chart part which is...more than great! It is so easy to create a nice visualization of your data and the "wow-ness" that you get after presenting it is amazing :)

Cons:

I did encounter some bugs along the way, regarding text, resizing and placement, but the Customer Service was really helpful and now, I did they got rid of all the bugs, as they had some upgrades and modifications. I have to mention I had the Premium Account, therefore I had priority.

Kate
Director of Digital Strategy in US
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Venngage is a great tool for easy graphics

Comments: I have been using this product for three years and still use it regularly. I would definitely recommend to anyone who does not have graphic design experience as an easy means of creating compelling visuals.

Pros:

My company has purchased Venngage for Business and it is a tool I use at least weekly. It is such an easy way to make basic graphics for social media, infographics and charts that are aesthetically pleasing. There are also many free images that you can access through the paid subscription.

Cons:

When we first purchased the software it did take a while to get accustomed to the editing tools but once you catch on it's very easy. I would also like it to be easier to zoom in and out on large files and for them to bring back a tool that defined the document's boundaries.

Canva is best, but Venngage is cool too

Pros:

Venngage offers a fairly similar user experience to Canva, which is a big draw; it's easy to use, has gorgeous premade graphics, and enables simple manipulation to create custom graphics without needing a designer. The offerings are wide, which I really enjoy--you can create a lot of different things quickly and make them all look beautiful.

Cons:

There's something about the interface that frustrates me, and I cannot put my finger on it. I find myself not finding exactly what I want/need, or getting frustrated with the UI pathways. Like I said, I prefer Canva for things like this.

Venngage Response

6 years ago

Thanks for your feedback! We would love to learn more about how the UI is frustrating you and work towards improving the tool however we can. If you're ever open to hoping on a call with our design team, I'm sure you'd be a great help :) Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review, we really appreciate it!

Carrie
CFO/Director of Operations in US
Insurance, 11–50 Employees

I use Venngage for all internal and external documents, i.e. Corporate Profile to Customer Marketing

Comments: Custom corporate internal and external marketing pieces that I can create in one day. The templates are extremely helpful in assisting me with design and how to layout my ideas on paper. We can customize materials for our clients to distribute to their employees.

Pros:

Strong ROI for our firm. Customer Service is very responsive and anytime I had an issue it was resolved same day. The program is overall, very easy to use for a novice marketing person and is irreplaceable for me at this time.

Cons:

More options to really make my designs look more professional. Sometimes there is a little bit of a generic look and I feel like I don't have access to all of the graphics I would like to have.

Anne
President/Owner in US
Financial Services, Self Employed

This was easy to start and easy to make changes. Not having any design background, this is great

Comments: Easy to put images/infographics on my website and Linked in.
The ebooks templates make life really easy.

Pros:

I could start with a tutorial(and a whole library of them), so I didn't get frustrated trying to do something, and not having it work. All the templates, and ranking them from Beginner to Advanced. Also, the grouping of the different templates, so I know where I can use them. I am a total failure with design/color, so the guidance is terrific

Cons:

There's not much I don't like. I found it difficult to remember where to find and how to do the spread sheet at first. If I had just done the tutorial, it would have been fine.

Indy
Research Information Specialist in US

Amazingly Powerful! Allows me to work smarter, not harder.

Pros:

Extremely easy to learn and use. There are so many different template options that visually show the capabilities of this software. I do a lot of marketing/advertising and this program allows me to crank out visually appealing graphics within minutes.

Cons:

A limited number of photos and icons that are not always able to be manipulated. There are some icons I want to change colors and am unable to.

Donna
CTO in US
Higher Education, 51–200 Employees

Fantastic Online Publication Design Tool

Comments: This has really enabled us to step up our game when creating posters and flyers. The end product is always very professional.

Pros:

Easy to use. Shareable with staff, faculty and students, and very reasonably priced. The online interface is compatible with all browsers. There are plenty of free templates and pay templates are reasonably priced.

Cons:

I really don't have any cons. The templates can be difficult to maneuver when changing colors and could use more fonts. It might be better if it had a way to copy formatting from one object to another.

Gabrielle
General Manager in Australia
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

Being a visual person I love using Venngage for everything from monthly reports to lead magnets.

Comments: All the complicated ideas articulated simply, visually and published online.

Pros:

Venngage is easy to use drop-and-drag, the graphics and icons are many and varied, and what you don't find as part of the software can easily be imported. Support is second-to-none.

Cons:

There's not much I don't like about Venngage. I suppose if the Pro package was cheaper, i'd be using it.